Apocalypse (Game Thread : Closed, Dead)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Lith

"Got it. However, I am still lost as to the hostilities. I have not shown a single sign of aggression and have helped the routine of Miss Solara. As you humans would say, eleven o-clock, 2 kliks out to Dante. Lith...you hostilities seem a bit more than the general xenophobia that the Imperium has bred into you. Perhaps there are ulterior motives that you may possess to discriminate harder against me than the others have?"

Lith vox'd Urd. "We're approaching from you five o-clock, 2 kliks and closing. The knife ear is bearing towards you, but I'm staying on course towards Lara's cask." As the distance gradually grew between the pair, she finally answered Titiana. "My name is Lithian." She spat. "Only my friends may call me 'Lith'; As to you question...Your own people cast you out and you're surprised that I don't trust you? The Eldar, as all xenos, are a scourge to be wiped free from the galaxy and nothing more. Your soft words of obedience may have fooled the others, but I won't fall for your tricks."

Egerion

"It's been a long while 'Ancient one...' How has time treated you?"

"The Imperium is full of fools who have lost sight of the path the Emperor laid out, the xenos are still numerous and relentless, and half of my Brothers-in-arms have sided with the fouls powers of the Warp." He replied, rumbling with what could be interoperated as a chuckle. "Aside from that I have fared well; my 'body' is still strong, my aim is true, and I have worthy foes to face. What more could I ask for?"

"But you are not mistaken. That is my sigil."

"I thought as much, but it begs the question; how do you come to be here? The last time I saw you, you were significantly less....organic." The last time he'd seen Sana/Highdrago, she'd looked more like most techpriest; various bits of machinery wrapped in a crimson robe, with only a few scrapes of flesh here and there. "Another question I must ask. Why hide yourself from the young techpriest? You were an revered member of the Mechanicus, surely she would be honoured to be associated with one such as yourself?"

"I apologize, Lithian. I shall call you that name from now on." the elar said, then her head began to think. "though, i must appeal to the logical side of you. judging by how her cryo tube fell, she must be a good number of hours away, even at a full run or vehicle ride. Come to the outpost with the rest of us and we should be able to aquire transportation and resume the pursuit of solara." she explained calmly with her haunting voice.

"Plus, running would waste precious time if she is in danger, and puts yourself at risk of being injured or killed as well. It's not hard to see the passion you posses for one another. What good would it do to her if you came across a pack of nobs by yourself and were killed?" she asked the guardwoman.

"Why hide yourself from the young techpriest? You were an revered member of the Mechanicus, surely she would be honoured to be associated with one such as yourself?"

"Because she is a clone of me. I only exist in this mask and have been handed down throughout time to my clones." explained the woman. she stopped assembling something, unrecognizable at this point. "I don't want to reveal myself because i've done it in previous iterations. I either wind up not being put on again because of pride for themselves, returned to the adeptus mechanicus or have them wear me constantly, essentially robbing them of a life and potential they might have had to help advance this cured galaxy in some way. I've finally decided to not let her know of my existence and just letting her think she's working miracles. Plus she seems happy from what momaru has described to me." she finished explaining.

"But as to the organic-ness of this form? it is infact very pleasurable compared to my original incarnation. i may not be closer to being one with the machines, but i find this a nice balance balance between organic and machine."

Arcor
"Hang on... are there anymore of your men in the area alive? I can detect a human nearby..." Spake the wytch, before running off.

It could be more survivors

"Not that I know of." He said as he drew his sword and went after her.

Lith

"...I must appeal to the logical side of you. Judging by how her cryo tube fell, she must be a good number of hours away, even at a full run or vehicle ride. Come to the outpost with the rest of us and we should be able to acquire transportation and resume the pursuit of Solara."

Lith hissed with annoyance inside her helm. Never the less, she slowed to a stop. As painful as it is to admit, the knife ear is right. Oh shut up. Even with her new augmentics she was still almost to the point of collapse. "Fine." She said before taking off again, this time in Urd and Dante's direction; as she ran, she vox'd Urd. "Slight change in plans. Will RV at your position approximately 10 mike. The Emperor Protects."

"Slight change in plans. Will RV at your position approximately 10 mike. The Emperor Protects."

"Roger that Lith, see you in 10." Urd replied, then returned to trying to get some one else on the Vox.

Vymazat could feel something in the back of his mind. The mere thought of something there was driving him into a rage. He didn't know how but it was close. So very close and he would have to rip it throat out to make it stop from feeling the inside of his head. Heading towards the calling of sorts as his pure hatred of this being grew larger. His once psychopathic laugh was gone, replacing it was his silent rage.

Solara could feel the human coming towards her. she was hopeful until it rounded the corner. She was greeted by the sight of a human... in something.. or something that was once human, charging at her like a savage beast. Planting the end of the spear in the ground behind her to brace it, she held it up like phalanx.

"By the order of the inquisition, i demand you stop." she ordered the charging monster. However, in whatever fueled hate it had, the man didn't stop.

This time, solara put her power short sword up in a defensive blocking position and braced herself. "Get behind me Arcor." she ordered the skitarii.
"In the name of the emperor; I demand you to STOP!" she ordered with force and shouted the word "stop". a Psychic blast was sent out and would slam into Vymazat, with a surprising amount of force as well as conveying the very meaning of the order into his head. He'd understand what she said clearly and frontly in his head, but weather or not the assassin would listen to her was entirely up in the air.

"Thank you for listening to my logic. I know you mean allot to Miss Solara, Lithian; so i will do my best to keep you safe and get you back to her as quickly as possible. Despite any protests you may have." Titania said, being rather sincere with the woman, despite her stoic and haunting nature.

Momaru, listening to the conversation, but paying them respect by giving them their time. While he was doing this, he looked at the very distant wreckage of the battlebarge that had impacted the planet. His concentration was broken by his short wave radio, a peice of tech he forgot he even had.

"This is Urd of the Battle Barge Divine Light, calling any other survivors, If you can hear me please respond."

HE activated it, stepping a bit away from the group as sana returned to working on the piece, waiting for the dreadnought to respond.
"This is veteran sergeant Momaru, 1st battle company of The Forgotten Astartes, Terminator. You must have survived that battle barge "touching down". Respond with your co-ordinates and rank so i may organize assistance." he replied in his most official and commanding voice he could muster up.

Egerion

Egerion watched the techpriest work for a bit before speaking. "Two questions if I may." He said finally. "One, what are you working on? And two, assuming we can find the parts needed, could you perhaps replace my wrecked cannons with another CCW? Perhaps with an inbuilt Flamer or Meltagun?"

"This is Urd of the Battle Barge Divine Light, calling any other survivors, If you can hear me please respond."

The signal came through loud and clear on an IG vox channel. His cogitator told him that at least the signal was real...

"This is veteran sergeant Momaru, 1st battle company of The Forgotten Astartes..."

Heh...like a good sergeant, he is on top of things before the officer can even react. He thought with some amusement. Still, I must tend to my duties as well. "This is Dreadnought Egerion Micus of the Deathwatch I am receiving you as well."

"This is veteran sergeant Momaru, 1st battle company of The Forgotten Astartes, Terminator. You must have survived that battle barge "touching down". Respond with your co-ordinates and rank so I may organize assistance."

"This is Dreadnought Egerion Micus of the Deathwatch I am receiving you as well."

"Lieutenant Urd, Second Sword Battalion, Third Generation The Daughter of Russ" Urd replied, fallowed by their co-ordinates. "What can you tell us about the Ork situation. I got two shipmates in the woods en-rout to this location and any Intel that would aid in keeping them alive would be much appreciated" Urd asked, leaving out the part about one of them being an Eldar Solitaire, but that didn't really matter, nor did how Urd felt about her, Solara wanted her around so that's just how it was.

As Vymazat got closer and closer to the source, he would see two figures ahead of him. Running even faster now as he was ready to rip them to shreds with his bare hands. Though as he heard one of them trying to give him a order, but due to his insane thoughts he didn't even hear it. He was too focus on his first target that was in front.

Though with the last order he felt something hit him with force, both psychically and mentally. Though the force would knock down any other normal human being. It just push the Eversor backwards. Though what made him truely stop was the order that was heard within his head. Bringing him out of his blood craze state. Standing before the two cover in Tyranids blood.

Solara pulled her staff out of the ground, spinning it a few times in her left hand before grappling her arm around it, pointing it at him. Still being cautious about this... man... she got into a defensive position in case he tried anything funny. "Ok. Now identify yourself, who you are and what rank and organization you belong to. OR so help me i'll bring the full wrath of the inquisition down on you." she said, putting on her most adult and serious voice she could muster.

"Well... Egerion, i am producing you a cqb weapon. It'll be the only one of it's kind in the imperium, so please play nice with it. And by that i mean, kill as many things as brutally as possible with it. You know i always had a thing for that." she said, remembering the time when the two were stationed together and were forced to fight when they were ambushed.

She finished the job and stood back. "Done." she said then gestured for Ru to come over.

"The ork infestation is bad enough. In my personal opinion, we should conduct exterminatus on this hunk of rock and cut the losses of troops, however it isn't an option at the moment for whatever reason. AS for the general area around us, packs of knobs, well equiped ones at that. i've seen them roaming around, along with your other standard horde groups. MY team has just taken out a loot camp and should be drawing their attention to us. We'll fight out way through and towards your position." he said, walking over to Kurakumo.

"May the emperor protect. Momaru, out." he finished and stopped transmitting. "Yes Lady Kura?"

"Help me lift this piece of tech up to Egerion's arm slot. We need to get it attached and moving if that conversation was anything i think it was." she said, and using her mechandrites, helped the sergeant lift the piece of tech up. Moving it over to the dreadnought, they hoisted it into place and she began to install it.

"Test the fingers... then the chainsword, then try to activate the secondary form." she said, working on some final adjustments. While the part was complete, it wasn't perfect in any way shape or form. she'd need to continue to work on it for a bit in order to get it perfectly reliable.

The assassin stare her down, trying to form his answer as he twitch slightly. "My name..is Vymazat " He said, his voice deep and filled with with hatred. "I..am part of...the Eversor Temple" His fingers twitch even more, wanting to strike his fist through her skull but he held it back. His eyes looking all around for enemies to kill.

Arcor
Something wasn't right about the figure infront of him, wrongness radiated off of it.
The creature looked like it was going to lunge at any moment, a perversion of the flesh and mind without thought towards purification of the soul.

"My name..is Vymazat. I..am part of...the Eversor Temple."

He felt hatred rolling off of it and its every words, wired for war, function without form.

Eversor, Eversor Temple... another Imperial anachronism I must be unaware of.

He tightened the grip on his sabre, ready to raise it and strike without a moments thought.

Helena Karr
She was moved into an operating suite before being led onto a table, a mask was placed over her mouth and she passed out.
She would later awake in a bunk room, her armour and weapons repaired on a nearby table, the only thing missing was the hand flamer lost in the pit.
If she were to look at her hand she would a bionic one, close in size and form to the original, covered in polished silver plates.

A note was on the table, saying to report to the nearest war room upon waking.

Martin Cassius
As the collar closed on the Old Commissar a powerful shock echoed through his body and he passed out.
He would later awake naked, aside from the collar in a sterile white room, a flickering lumen globe keeping it illuminated.
A purple wound surrounded by puncture marks evident on his chest.
A bag pumping clear fluid into a vein on his arm poorly taped to his flesh.
A dull buzzing entered his mind, that slowly patterned themselves into thoughts, first incoherent and alien, then slowly over time becoming clear and forceful.
His thoughts turned to obedience to a greater consciousness, to escape, to life.
A shock echoed through his body as this happened.
The thoughts slowly crept back and as they began to gain coherence another shock came from the collar.
Eventually a bag of rations was pushed through a slot in the door.
He quickly grabbed it and began to eat.
The drugs from the food soon kicked in and he passed out.
The door opened and he was dragged through it by mechanicus researchers.
Samples were taken, the bag pumping drugs into him was replenished and he was thrown back in.
This became a daily routine as his flesh corrupted over time, mutating as the symbiont's injected on that fateful day took hold over him.
Eventually the shocks from the collar did nothing to him and his thoughts were replaced by that of the higher consciousness.
A year after he was admitted into the care of Ordo Xeno station Orion he was vivisected, his organs harvested to further the cause of the Imperium.

Egerion

"Well... Egerion, I am producing you a CQB weapon. It'll be the only one of its kind in the Imperium, so please play nice with it. And by that I mean, kill as many things as brutally as possible with it. You know I always had a thing for that."

"Were I still a whole man we could've had such fun together." He replied with a rumbling chuckle. "But alas those days are long gone. I thank you for your gift m'lady and I shall use it well."

Turning his attention to his scanners, he kept watch while the other two worked on his new arm. As it was seated into place, the onboard cogitator began to hum, and take stock of the new appendage.

"Test the fingers... then the chainsword, and then try to activate the secondary form."

"Understood." After the cogitator finished doing what it needed to do, Egerion put the new arm through its paces. Everything went good until he tried to test the armour breaking drill. Just as it was spinning up to maximum, there was a horrible shriek and it ground to a halt. "I believe we have an issue"

Dante felt feedback from the Solitaire's mind, and saw that they were drawing closer, this was a good sign. He decided to head inside and look for Urd, to tell her of the good news and to ask for a status update. Before he left though, Dante sent a message to the Solitaire.

Titania, at the potential risk of Orks spotting me, I have headed inside the outpost. If you are able to follow my presence; you should find me in the Vox Communications Relay. Whilst I do not doubt your abilities, ask Lithian if you are unsure as to where that may be.

With that message now sent, Dante picked up his spear that was somewhat hovering in mid-air in front of him, and walked inside the base as he made his way towards Urd. As he walked, he could hear the sounds of her voice, and headed in that direction. When he reached the entrance of the Relay, he caught the end of a conversation.

"...I got two shipmates in the woods en-route to this location and any Intel that would aid in keeping them alive would be much appreciated." Spoke Urd to whoever was on the other end. Without making his presence known, Dante entered the room, speaking as he did.

"I take it then that you have succeeded in making contact with someone?"

"Listen... i've only heard stories of my mother of when your kind were used in war or missions. I know you're hopped up on the imperium's most leathal cocktail of whatever those crazy bastards can think of. I know you want to kill, but i'm going to need your help." she said, lessening her stance but not fully letting her guard down.

"Listen Vymazat, my name is Solara, inquisitor Solara Drago. I need to enlist your help, plenty to kill, alright? Me and this skitarri here need to get to his buddies so i can radio my buddies. And judging by the tyrranid infested zone we're in, we're going to be need your help. This sound like a fair deal? we give you plenty of to kill with a purpose and you get us to his friends?" she asked him, calmly approaching him now. Her voice was rather calm and soothing, speaking from some corner of her mind that still held innocent youth.

"Ugh.... these damned things never want to work right the first time." Sana replied, but then let the comment he made before sit in her head a bit. "hehe... you have no clue what sensors are on that thing, even if it is your body. So don't count your eternal bones out yet." she teased him.

She began to work on the arm again, freeing up the drill and backing off as it drove into motion once more. She messed with some of the wiring in it and the drill spun down and reverted into its hand state. "Ok, it's deactivated. you can't use the drill until i grant you access to it. so the hand and palmed chain sword will have to do for now." she explained, closing the armor hatch on his arm.

Then, just as expected, a flood of orks came at them. unfortunately, they were not boys, or even nobs. in a unison, all three standing there turn as they heard a shout from a flood of tiny little grots. they stretched as far as the eye can see. "DEY GOT DA SHINIES!" was the rally cry that moved this sea of little green things. Moving like liquid, these little grots came crashing over the barricade as Kura/Sana picked up a nearby bolter and begean to empty into the crowd with it. Momaru responded in kind by slamming his power hammer down into the oncoming wave and breaking it around the group, gore flying through the air like with was drops of water.
"WE NEED TO MOVE!" shouted momaru as he led a charge, his hamer clearing swaths of the grots from infront of them.

Helena held back an immense sigh of relief as the sedatives began to work. She was human still. Not some puppet of a filthy Xeno. She was still her own, still a Daughter of the Emperor. When the mask fell around her mouth and her eyes closed she thanked The Holy Father again, for allowing her to return to His service.

When her eyes opened she was staring at the ceiling of the ship. The pain in her hand was gone and the grogginess of the sedatives dissipated. She smiled as she saw her new hand. The silver plating moved much like a real hand. she could barely here the various parts whirring beneath the plating. She clenched her hand into a fist. It felt strong, agile.

She looked around and noticed her equipment. Stepping of the cot and walking to her armor she checked everything over. Still in good shape, save the Flamer. She would make sure it got a full repair after the fighting. A few minutes later she strapped the last latch of her boot. It felt right to be back in her armor. Faster, stronger, tougher. With out it she felt....wrong. She strapped the grenade belt around her waist, it's contents surprisingly intact. Same with her plasma pistol. Better still was that her Bolter was still intact. Covered in a little soot and dirt maybe, but functional. She noticed the data pad on the table. She was to head to The War Room. She smiled then, She was going back into the fight. She left the small room, as ordered. She was ready to send those who befouled The Emperors territory back into the Warp from whence they came.

The Terminator closed the line and once again static return over the speakers.

"I take it then that you have succeeded in making contact with someone?" Dante asked, having entered the room.

"Yes, a Dreadnaught and Terminator replied." she said with a sigh "Good news is, they're coming here soon as they can fight they're way to us, bad news is, they're coming here, soon as they can fight they're way to us." Urd said as she grabbed her helm off the table and stood to face her love, not sounding thrilled about having to deal with the Impierium again. "Though I should least Warn Lith about the Knobs in the area, sounded like there's a lot of them." Urd then opened the Channel to Lith and reported the situation with the Orks, and that a Terminator and 'Dread where working there way to them. Urd let out another sigh "This is not gonna be a good day, I can feel it ..."

"Yes, a Dreadnought and Terminator replied." Urd said with an immediate sigh, must not have liked being around them or something to that effect. "Good news is, they're coming here soon as they can fight they're way to us, bad news is, they're coming here, soon as they can fight they're way to us." The warrior maiden then grabbed her helmet from a nearby table and stood to face Dante; her whole didn't exactly sound thrilled about who was on their way.

Urd opened a Vox channel and was talking to someone most likely Lithian and updated her on the situation. When she was done, Urd let out another sigh. "This is not gonna be a good day, I can feel it..." Dante responded however with a smile on his face.

"When has it not been not a good day for us Urd? We've gone from one bad situation to the next. First was when the Divine Light got taken over by the Prince of Excess, then came the small matter of a Chaos Champion who desired ascension on that accursed Daemon World, after that it was the... incident with Lunette, and now this." Dante said with a shrug, giving a brief run down of all the 'bad days' the team had. He then took a step forward, and took hold of Urd's hand.

"Mind you, it's not been all doom and gloom. There have been some good moments, some would say even great."

"Yeah, I know" Urd said, giving Dante's hand a loving squeeze. "But I was not raised to suffer betrayal quietly, and now that we're going to be back among those who threw us out to be slaughtered like hogs, the thought does not fill me with joy" Urd shook her head "Though I suppose some aid is better then no aid, and I've yet to hear from Solara. I doubt she's been harmed but I still wish she'd reply"

Vymazat thought this over as she gave her proposal. Follow them until they get to their allies. Seem fair enough, plus he gets to kill even more things. Chuckling his insane laugh as his body twiches some more. He was so eager to rip things apart with his bare hands again.

"Yes....Yes...I follow and kill all who gets in your way. Then, I continue on my mission. Hopefully more caraflixs." He was eager to fight something like that again. Though another Lictor also sounds good. "Lets go..More Killing needs to done." Vymazat says as he would follow them once they start moving. From behind, they would hear his insane mutters to himself. His claws tapping on his side, as he was very eager for something to show up.

Lith

Lithian grimaced to herself as Urd updated her on the potential threats. Just great...though I would take Orks over Chaos any day, especially after....No, don't dwell on that, it had to be done. Keeping an even pace, she fell in beside Titiana. "Update from Urd. She's made contact with Imperial forces that were already planetside." She said, the apprehension noticeable in her voice. "Also she says to watch out for Orks. Apparently there were fresh signs of fighting at their loca...."

"WE NEED TO MOVE!" A voice shouted from just beyond the trees to the pairs left. It was followed shortly by the distinctive roar of bolter fire. Lith didn't bother to see if the Eldar followed, she simply increased her speed and turned towards the sound of combat. Bursting through a screen of trees, she saw a green carpet of grots streaming towards a Space Marine Terminator, a techpriest...and a Dreadnought. By the Emperor...

Without a conscious thought, she began lacing the horde of greenskins with superheated bolts of plasma fire.

Egerion

"Hehe... you have no clue what sensors are on that thing, even if it is your body. So don't count your eternal bones out yet."

Were he still capable of such things, he would have been smiling. No doubt, that is the woman I remember.

"Ok, it's deactivated. You can't use the drill until I grant you access to it, so the hand and palmed chain sword will have to do for now."

"As you say m'lady. I thank you for your speedy work...and I hope it will cool Sana's wroth at the loss of my lascannons." He added with a chuckle. He was also almost looking forward to returning to Talasa Prime...just to see how worked up Forge Master Tycus would be.

Suddenly the ground came alive with grots. Warp damn their green hides! He thought. Their small size made them hard to reach with his CCWs, but their number meant that they could overwhelm him if they got close enough; but not wanting to waste ammo, and not having a whole lot of choice, he waded into the horde, stomping down on as many as he could as he went.

"WE NEED TO MOVE!"

"Agreed! M'lady, stay between us." He called out. All of a sudden brilliant flares of plasma fire lanced out from the trees to their right. A member of the Aderptus Soroitas was running their way, firing a plasma gun as she ran; though curiously her armour lacked much of the iconography that generally adorned their armour. Trailing slightly behind the Sister was another....an ELDAR! Egerion was about to open fire on it when he received an Inquisition ident. signal. Some Inquisitor had claimed the creature so he would hold off for now. "YOU TWO WITH US! NOW!"

"Yeah, I know." Urd said after giving Dante's hand that loving squeeze she gave. "But I was not raised to suffer betrayal quietly, and now that we're going to be back among those who threw us out to be slaughtered like hogs, the thought does not fill me with joy."

"Though I suppose some aid is better then no aid, and I've yet to hear from Solara. I doubt she's been harmed but I still wish she'd reply." She then added out of concern.

"I believe a very ancient saying is appropriate here; "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." Even if that hand was the one to throw you out in the first place. I share your sentiments in that it probably won't be joyful to be amongst the main body of the Imperium once more, but we will just have to make do." Dante remarked as he let go of Urd's hand and walked over to the communication stand, looking at the Vox display in front of him.

"And regarding Solara, maybe her Vox communicator was somehow damaged during the descent of her cryo-pod; or another likely scenario, the area in which she has landed in; her surroundings are affecting the communicator's functionality, blunting it so only short range frequencies or emergency signals are received or sent. But until the others and this help arrives, there is not a whole lot we can do by ourselves."

Arcor
He looked at the two infront of him. The inquisitor he now realised was a child, and the other an insane monster.

The assumption she had overused juvenat chems was apparently a mistake on his part.
He shrugged it off for now, not much could or should be said about that.

The creature now that it was speaking, its seeming obedience to the child, probably memetic coding.
He was still curious what kind of engineering would go into building something like that.

He walked towards the Rhino he had abandoned, he went inside and opened the medikit, placing a synskin canister and a syringe of rainbow in the webbing of his armour before closing the case again.

He went outside and signaled for the others to follow him as he resumed his march to the wall.

The wall was formed of flakboard and crete, anchored into the ground with now burning watchtowers on the other side. The section they were heading towards had a hole blown though it, most likely with a satchel charge. The corpse of a skitarii splayed bloodily on the other side.

Helena Karr
There are heavy levels of activity in the war room. A witch hunter appears to be leading the current meeting.
As the Witch Hunter noticed Helena walk in, she began.

"We have received reports that an unidentified space hulk has dropped out of the warp onto Driseadi."
"Due to an SOS received momentarily before atmospheric anomalies cut the planet off from us we have reason to believe that there are survivors."
"Survivors are to be assumed tainted and are to be apprehended for interrogation if possible."

She paused briefly.

"We are deploying two strike forces."

She motioned to the holographic map set up infront of her, displaying a forested area with a marker designating the hulk in the center.

"The first, simply to be referred to as Alpha is to deploy a mile from the calculated crash site, and begin erecting a defensive site, to receive reinforcements and direct operations onworld."
"The second, simply to be referred to as Beta is to deploy directly onto the crash site, and begin securing the hulk."

"Secondary units are to be deployed at locations determined to optimally benefit the war effort, receiving specific objectives before deployment."

She paused briefly.

"The only name we have so far is Solara, due to the IFF coding of the signal we are led to be believe she is an attached inquisitor."
"We are running collected data through our records, and we are requisitng information from out of system."
"Relevant information will be forwarded to squad leaders through relays as it becomes available."

She paused briefly.

"Any questions?"

For once, the eldar displayed an emotion other than the normal stoic look upon her face. She let out a sigh of releif as the dreadnought didn't open her insides to the outside world with bolter rounds. She sent a simple feeling back to Dante, just a feeling of understanding, no words from her.
The harlequin activated her holosuit and began to dance around the battlefield, delivering well placed kisses of death, which launched microfilaments into the bodies of the grots, and liquified their insides with their thrashing around before returning to her wrist.

Momaru slammed his hammer down, frying and sending another bunch of grots flying as theyu fought their way through the wave. He noticed the ident tag on the eldar and kept note of it, a scowl growing on his face.

The group fought their way through the grots and were walking towards the encampment. there was a series of beeps and whistles exchanged between the terminator and the techpriestess. With a nod between the two of them, the plan was enacted. The eldar was shoved up against a tree by the throat, the terminator holding her there without much effort with his hammer.

Lith on the other hand, found four mechandrites grappling around her limbs. One for each wrist and ankle. There was a fith that wrapped around her midriff and the sixth was sitting at the top of her head, just inches above her skull, ready to kill at a moments notice. Her also felt tapping agianst her armor, the fabricator gauntlet ready to slice through her chest like butter.
Momaru turned his helmeted head towards the woman held midair by the mechandrites. "Talk now. you're either both going to live or die since we found you together. I have no qualms about crushing the eldar besides the fact she's owned by an inquisitor. even that doesn't phase me much. So start speaking to save your lives woman." he spat out with a bit of disgust. "and i know you're not a sister because the eldar is alive and you have not even a shred of faith that they do."

Lith

"Talk now. You're either both going to live or die since we found you together. I have no qualms about crushing the Eldar besides the fact she's owned by an inquisitor, though even that doesn't faze me much. So start speaking to save your lives woman, and I know you're not a sister because the Eldar is alive, and you have not even a shred of faith that they do."

She wasn't surprised at the greeting, but none the less, was still angered by it. When she tried to reach up to remove her helm, she felt the techpriest's grip tighten. "I simply wish to remove my helm." She said, staring down at the doll-like face. A moment later the mechandrites above her snaked down and lifted the helm free.

The helm slid free to reveal a woman who was most defiantly not a member of the Adepta Soroitas. Instead of silvery white hair that was cut to a short bob, her hair was a deep brow, flecked with grey; where a Sister usually bore an Ecclesiarchal tattoo on her cheek, she had a twisted scar that gave her a permanent smirk. Her amethyst purple eyes glared at Momaru, in a way that only a sergeant can glare. "I am Veteran-Sergeant Lithian Samius Ortona; Cadian 112th Shock Troops Regiment, 4th Company, 6th Platoon, though I am currently in the retinue of Inquisitor Solara Draco. As such, I am beyond your chain of command, skitarii." She said to Sergeant Momaru. "Do what you wish with that creature. The Inquisitor may have a use for her little pet, but it means nothing to me."

Egerion

He had watched the whole 'altercation' play out in silence, keeping his storm bolter trained on the Eldar. He'd seen the aftermath of a Solitaire's attack once...even given all the advantages the trio had against it, he knew the odds of survival in a point blank fight weren't that good.

"I am Veteran-Sergeant Lithian Samius Ortona; Cadian 112th Shock Troops Regiment, 4th Company, 6th Platoon, though I am currently in the retinue of Inquisitor Solara Draco. As such, I am beyond your chain of command, skitarii."

"You may be correct Sgt. Ortona, but I still out rank you." He replied in a deep basso rumble from behind the other two. "Now answer Sgt. Momaru, before I decide you are simply a threat to be disposed of."

Lith

"You may be correct Sgt. Ortona, but I still out rank you. Now answer Sgt. Momaru, before I decide you are simply a threat to be disposed of."

Lith suppressed the urge to flinch when the dreadnought spoke...especially because he was right. Letting out a sigh, she craned her head up to look the dreadnought in the 'face' while she spoke. "I won't reveal the details without Inquisitor Draco's permission, but I will say what I can. I join the Inquisitorial Retinue aboard the battle barge The Divine Light. Our mission went badly, and the ship ended up as part of a Hulk. I don't how long we were trapped in the Warp; I remember stepping into stasis, and when I awoke I was on this planet. Since then I...we have been trying to reconnect with other members of the retinue."

"I am no skitarii, girl." He said, letting the eldar fall and catch his breath. He motioned to Kura and she placed lith on the ground. The techpriest handed the woman back her helmet.

"You are speaking with the eldest Sergent in the II astartes Leigion, little one. I out rank you and the majority of the imperium. I am still sworn to the emperor, but i have sworn an oath to protect this techpriest as she's one of the only somewhat sane ones in this joke of an empire." Momaru said, taking steps closer to Lith. He towered over the small woman, even in her armor.

Reaching up, he took off his helmet so she could get a look at his face. "I still demand respect and will not be talked down to by some lowely replacement to the indominable leigions of old. As far as i've seen, you guardsmen are just a currency to take a hill or planet. Sure you get stupid little celebrations and welcomes, but you're nothing compared to leading a squad of Terminators down a crowded street to deafening cheers; where even the young children fight and squabble to catch even a short glimpse of our armor." he said, then lowered himself down to her heigh so he could see directly into her eyes. The sergeant spoke in a lower tone of disgust and spat out the following:
"I lower myself to tell you i did not stop flying my leigon's colors because i turned my back on the imperium. I took up these colors to preserve what little of the emperor's true vision remains, becuase these perverted astartes chapters make me sick and ashamed that they descended from us. Remember where the respect lies, cause i won't talk with words the second time."

The sergent finished his little display and picked up the little techpriest, sitting her on a pauldron. she fitted his helmet back to the astartes head happily. "When we get to your friends, you're going to spill every peice of knowledge or i'm going to start crushing skulls with these gauntlets, is that understood soldier?" he said, not turning back and walking towards the co-ordinates previously provided.

Solara nodded and followed. "Vym, i've gathere from stories and rumors, your... operators... if you would, keep you in a hybrative state. is this true? and i know your... outfit if you would, is not known for talking, so a simple yes or no answer would satiate my interests. Though... If you would like to elaborate on the topic, i'm all ears." the young inquisitor asked, being rather immune to the horrors of war by now. She shrugged off the gore and let the Skitarii lead the way.

The eversor didn't even seem to be paying attention to Solara as she talk. Only looking at his blood cover hands as he follows them. Whispering to himself as he said "Blood..blood..blood." in a small chat, twitching all over as the drugs pump into his system. Lost in his own daze, then suddenly stop as he just realize something. His reddish eyes staring at Solara and Arcor in front of him as he first whisper. "Why aren't my fingers...into someone eye socket?..." Then starting to repeat it after every few seconds, sometimes louder, other in a soft whisper. Though always in a different tone.

He seem truly lost deep within his own head. His sanity broken long before he even had a chance at life. He was only use for one thing and one thing only. Killing, and on a planet like this he was king.

Lith

Lith was nearly choking on her rage. As the Marine went off, all full of himself, she ground her helm in her hands. When he turned away, she spat on his armour. "You DEMAND respect!?" She said; her voice incredulous. "You are so damned arrogant, so damned full of your own BULLSHIT, it's no wonder those who fall think they can become gods..."

"You deride the Imperial Guard, but without us there is no Imperium." Fixing the sergeant with a gaze that was loaded with weapons grade hate she went on. "Yes we are the 'currency' of the Imperium, and yes we die by the thousands, but we face the same xenos scum, and the same Warp horrors as you....all without a tenth of your 'advantages'. You speak of the adulation the civilians cast upon you, and you show your true colours Marine." The last word was spat out like it had left a bad taste in her mouth. "You fight for you own glory, your own ego. The Guard fight for the people, those civilians are our friends, our family....all the official medals in the 'verse don't mean shit compared to the grateful smile on a civilians face when you save his city."

Setting her helm back on her head, she let out a sigh. "If I have offended you sir, so be it." With that she hefted her plasma gun into a ready position. "Take your best shot...I've killed scary things than you."

Egerion

Even though Momaru released the Eldar, Egerion kept his guns on it. While Momaru remonstrated the Guardswoman, he couldn't help but mentally shake his head at the other man's words. He is more like these newer Marines than he'd care to admit. He thought to himself. One of the biggest things that had always kept him from getting too close with his 'brothers' before, was their ego; during the Unification Wars, his training taught him that every man was worthy of respect regardless of their station...it was a mindset that was lost when the Emperor and his scientists set about creating the Space Marines.

He was surprised when Sgt Ortona spat back at Momaru, anyone else he'd met since he'd awoken would have been cowed simply by the presence of a Marine of his standing. She's a fighter to the core...no wonder she has survived so long in the Guard. By the rules he should have killed the woman for her utter insubordination, but he was never a big fan of 'The Rules'...especially if they wasted a talented individual. The most telling thing would be seeing how Momaru reacted.

Momaru listened and something inside of him snapped. In the space of a second, all the pride and all of the stature that these tarted carried disappeared into what to the entire group could see was the shell of a man, a vastly empty shell. He slowly began to turn around, his shoulders sulking down and kura knew to get off of him quickly.
"Momaru..." She said as he finally faced Lith. "Ru... RU.... RU, STOP!" She shouted at him as he began to pick up pace in his charge towards woman. He drew back his left hand, his powerfist and unleashed it as he got to Lith.

A massive crack echoed throughout the forest, followed by a series of other cracks, the tree behind Lith began to come down, falling away from the group. He had moved quicker than any in the group could have anticipated the massively armor clad man could. He stood there for a few seconds before speaking in a voice that was one of the most human that Lith had ever heard eminate from a marine. It was one filled with grief, regret, sorrow and anger. "I was a man before I became an astartes. I had a family, a wife and a daughter, lived on a farm with them, taking care of my parents who were told old to care for themselves. I went to go sell my produce and came back to find each and every single person I had cared about in that farmhouse had been butchered by some cultist fuck. Their blood was splattered over the walls in all these patterns and put up like art." He said, clenching the powerfist tighter.

"I had nothing to lose, just the kind of man the emperor was looking for to create his legions. I joined up and was turned into a monster, I killed countless amounts of cultists, xeno's and anyone that even looked at the imperium the wrong way... But this isn't the same imperium, and I'm not fighting for it the same way. I'm fighting to save atleast one soul, to stop them from being taken into this indoctrinated bullshit and maybe have a positive impact on the imperium. That is why I fight, I couldn't give two fucks about glory or ego in battle. I may demand respect, but that's because I've earned it, I am not like them." He said, pulling his fist back and turning away from her and turning away one last time. He began to walk away.

Lith

Lith stood there as the Marine raged. As he'd turned she'd nearly fired, at such a close range the blast would've easily killed Sgt Momaru, as well as the Techpriest and herself; the only thing that had stopped her was a flash of instinct honed from decades of combat.

As Sgt. Momaru turned away again, she snorted. "You speak as if you're the only one to lose a loved one to the Ruinous Powers. As I said I am Cadian; I too have seen the family torn apart by cultist for their sadistic pleasures, I've watch good friends die in my arms as Chaos army's assault our lines." Her voice became brittle, even though her face was hidden; it was obvious she was on the verge of tears. "I've watched as a dear friend was slowly torn at by Chaos, and I watched as her own daughter had to kill her before she was totally consumed....so do not speak of loss as if it is yours alone." With that she set off towards where Dante and Urd were hold up.

Egerion

He was pleased that the little sergeant stood her ground, but also angry at Momaru's outburst. After giving the man a moment to settle, he opened a vox channel to the Marine. "She's not wrong." He said. "Almost all you Marines, old and new, treat the Guard...and the Army before them, like nothing more than an inconvenience or a meat shield."

He began to move after the group, partially as a rear guard, and partially to keep the Eldar in front of his bolter. "Listen to what Sgt Ortona said. She speaks from the same grief as you. You speak of deserving respect? Well she deserves yours as well. Like she said, she faces the same dangers as us, but unlike you or me she is still human, still fragile." His voice chilled as he went on. "Remember this as well Sergeant, unless we find this Inquisitor Solara, I am the senior brother, and I will not tolerate another outburst like that."

The group covered the remaining distance in short order. Standing amidst the battle around the outpost, Egerion vox'd Urd on the channel she'd been broadcasting on. "This is Captain Micus of the Deathwatch. Come out slowly, with you weapons lowered. Any hostile actions will be met with lethal force."

"This is Captain Micus of the Deathwatch. Come out slowly, with you weapons lowered. Any hostile actions will be met with lethal force." Spoke a male voice on the Vox-caster that Urd had been using earlier, which made Dante smirk a little.

"Well, it looks as though we have guests arriving. Wouldn't want to keep them waiting." He said as a matter-of-fact whilst he holstered his gear, though mainly his spear-staff, as he has had no need to use the Power Sword or Plasma Pistol thus far. Dante waited for Urd to get herself prepared before the pair of them navigated the outpost before arriving back at the entrance.

Upon their arrival, what Dante saw was a most curious sight, though expected in some ways. Of course there was Lithian and Titania standing to his left; in the middle there was what appeared to be a Terminator, with one of the shoulder pads having the skull like symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and a Techpriest alongside; female if he had to guess based on the face, something about it looked off though, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

What was most surprising was the presence of a large black Dreadnought with silver detailing, bigger than the ones Dante had seen before, and it bore the symbol of the Deathwatch on one of its shoulder; this must have been the Captain Micus who spoke to them a moment ago. He kept his arms at his sides, but in a manner that showed he wasn't going to try anything.

"Ah Lithian, I am most glad to see that yourself and Titania have managed to find your way here in one piece. And it appears you have brought help; well, I presume they're here to help." Dante said, not being fully trust worthy of the others. He then turned his attention to the Dreadnought.

"I take it then that based on your heraldry Dreadnought, that you must be the 'Captain Micus of the Deathwatch' that spoke to Urd here. I myself am Dante Machaiah, Sanctioned Psyker of the Imperial Guard, formerly attached to the 13th Arcadian Regiment, dubbed the Shadowhawks. Currently am in the service of Inquisitor Solara Draco of the Ordo Hereticus. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He said in a clear and concise tone, speaking with a mixture of dignity and grace.

Urd had heard the loud thumping of the Dreadnaught from a ways off, was hard to miss, but something was off, it sounded heavier then usual, from a window Urd watch them enter the base, and red flags immediately started going popping up. The 'Dread was to big for one, and something about the Terminator seemed off, she couldn't place but there was something about it that didn't match what she knew of them, something beyond differences between chapters.

Lith and Titania seemed fine though, so she'd play along for now and put her Power axes in their holsters on her hips, instead on the ones on her back that she'd normally use for greeting 'allies'.

"This is Captain Micus of the Deathwatch. Come out slowly, with you weapons lowered. Any hostile actions will be met with lethal force."

Dante met her at the door, and the pair headed out, she did how ever open the mask on her helm, having put it back on in case she was wrong about the thumping being the 'Dread that stands before her. ' Looks built for close combat mostly.' she though as she looked over the 'Dread making note of the drill and fixed Stormbolter. Urd didn't raise her hands though, instead kept them are her sides, though this was more due to her being trained to never do such a thing as 'surrender' over anything else, victory or death, there was no middle ground.

"Lieutenant Urd, Second Sword Battalion, Third Generation, The Daughters of Russ, Also in the service of Inquisitor Solara of the Ordo Hereticus." She said, rather flatly, it was a rarely used tone she saved for CO's she didn't like or trust much. She then turned her attention to Lith and Titania, now that she was closer, they did seem to be unharmed, that was good but she said nothing, not yet anyway, right now she was more worried about keeping everyone 'unharmed'.

"Listen to what Sgt Ortona said. She speaks from the same grief as you. You speak of deserving respect? Well she deserves yours as well. Like she said, she faces the same dangers as us, but unlike you or me she is still human, still fragile." His voice chilled as he went on. "Remember this as well Sergeant, unless we find this Inquisitor Solara, I am the senior brother, and I will not tolerate another outburst like that."
"The guard is statistically inferior by efficiency and inferior by command chain. it is on every level inferior to the legions of old, back when the Empror was fighting. But that doesn't mean i don't respect those who serve in it. I'm on an individual case basis, and respect each of them greatly for facing such odds, time and time again. However, she made the first showing of disrepect by talking down to me. The second she shows any sort of respect to myself, i'll pay her respect which she deserves, which i know she does." Was all the sergent said to the dreadnought, ending the conversation as they stepped into the clearing.

"Lieutenant Urd, Second Sword Battalion, Third Generation, The Daughters of Russ, Also in the service of Inquisitor Solara of the Ordo Hereticus."

"I myself am Dante Machaiah, Sanctioned Psyker of the Imperial Guard, formerly attached to the 13th Arcadian Regiment, dubbed the Shadowhawks. Currently am in the service of Inquisitor Solara Draco of the Ordo Hereticus."

Momaru looked out over the two emergents. Daughter of Russ and a Psyker. "So far none of you humans appear to be tainted by chaos, which is a good start. I am Sergent Momaru of the II Astartes legion, The forgotten as it's known now adays if at all." he explained to them. Then he gestured to the techpriest, who had just removed her mask and was clearly a young female, surprisinglu human. "And this is Lady Sana, adeptus mechanicus techpriest. I am her guardian as of this time." he said then took a step forward.

"We came across the guardswoman and the xeno while fighting off a swarm of grots. Sgt Ortana here hasn't been as willing to share information as we would appreciate, so if you would be so kind as to fill us in on the details, it might help us get a better understanding of what sort of a situation your group is in." he said, then shifted his weight to be a bit more comfortable.
"So far we understand that your group is seperated and needs to rejoin with one another and this 'Inquisitor Solora'. Are there any other details outside of the fact she owns this eldar, that might come back to bite Me, Lady Sana or Captain Egerion in the 'ass' so to speak? And because your inquisitor is a member of the inquistion that deals with herasy, there is reason to suspect that something will come to bite us in the ass."

The Terminator introduced him self again, as well as the female tech priest, how ever the word 'forgotten' struck her as odd.

"We came across the guardswoman and the xeno while fighting off a swarm of grots. Sgt Ortana here hasn't been as willing to share information as we would appreciate, so if you would be so kind as to fill us in on the details, it might help us get a better understanding of what sort of a situation your group is in. So far we understand that your group is separated and needs to rejoin with one another and this 'Inquisitor Solora'. Are there any other details outside of the fact she owns this eldar, that might come back to bite Me, Lady Sana or Captain Egerion in the 'ass' so to speak? And because your inquisitor is a member of the inquistion that deals with herasy, there is reason to suspect that something will come to bite us in the ass."

"My apologies Sergent, Nether Dante or my self can divulge details on our mission. The Order comes from above us so there is nothing we can really do save politely ask you to 'not ask again'." Urd started, taking a slightly more personable tone, but still guarded. "As for Inquisitor Solara and the Eldar Harlequin. The Inquisitor, I see no reason for you three to be concerned, she's on of the very few that do not abuse the power that their position gives. As for the Eldar, you've little to be concerned about, she knows she will not survive long if she betrays us, and seems little inclined to do so anyway." Urd maintained her guarded, but respectful tone through out her answer, but her curiosity got the batter of her.

"I have a question for you Sergent, You said your from a forgotten legion, how is that possible? The Astartes are practically worshiped in the streets, it makes little sense a whole Legion would be forgotten, and there is something off about your armor, I can't put my finger on it but there is something different about it that extends beyond simple chapter alterations."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked