Apocalypse (Game Thread : Closed, Dead)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Lith

Lith pulled her helm off as Dante and Urd exited the bunker. "By the Emperor it's good to see you." She said after her friends had made their introductions to the others. "Now...have you found anything in the way of transportation?" She was obviously on edge, at kept looking in the general direction of where Solara's cask had fallen.

Egerion

'Daughters of Russ'...why does that sound familiar? Getting no immediate answers he pushed the thought aside for now. After giving Sgt Ortona a moment, he answered Urd. "In regards to Sergeant Momaru...all records pertaining to the II Legion are sealed by proclamation XXXVI of the Administratum and approved by the Senatorum Imperialis. Further inquiry WILL result in immediate termination." To further give weight to what he was saying, he levelled his storm bolter at Dante and Urd.

"Now...have you found anything in the way of transportation?"

"Agreed." He said. "We should start after the Inquisitor of yours before the greenskins get themselves orginazed for a real attack."

The Dreadnaughts reply told her far more then he believed it did, and she didn't really like what it implied, but ignored the Dreadnaughts threat, and instead turned her attention to Lith, who seemed to be looking in the general direction of Solara now and then "I wouldn't worry about her much, this is Solara we're talking about, take more then a few dumb Orks to bring her down, but we did find a, mostly, functional Rhino. It starts, and sounds great, but putting it in gear causes it to make some rather horrid sounds, lucky you found a tech priest I guess cause its the only one that runs that we found."

"The Order comes from above us so there is nothing we can really do save politely ask you to 'not ask again or we'll shoot you in the face'." Echoed Momaru after Egerion explained the speaking of it.

"As to my armor, Caterphractii patern terminator armor. a couple of slight modifications made by lady sana, but a suit from the time of the emperor, none the less." he explained to her, trying to be a bit more light hearted in things. "And i'm sure Lady Sana can take the drive and repair it."

"Yes, i don't see why i wouldn't be able to fix it." she commented to the group. "Rhinos are childs play in comparison to Momaru or Egerion."

"We should start after the Inquisitor of yours before the greenskins get themselves orginazed for a real attack."
The eldar finally spoke, her voice just as haunting and strangely hollow as usual. Something that didn't happen often infront of Urd and Donte as she wasn't as comfortable with them.

"Through the green shroud, there is the presence of a series of many linking to one... all in the direction of Miss Solara." said the eldar from behind her mask, being rather vague as usual when she spoke of the warp.

Lith

"I wouldn't worry about her much, this is Solara we're talking about, take more than a few dumb Orks to bring her down..."

"I know." She replied, still looking off. "I'm just worried." With nothing to do for the moment, she then began poking around the outpost looking for any gear to salvage.

Egerion

Egerion's mood brightened at the mention of a Rhino. "Excellent! Lieutenant, show Lady Sana to the vehicle at once....oh and Sana if you can, rig this outposts power supply to blow once we leave. I do not want to leave anything for the Orks if I can help it."

"Through the green shroud, there is the presence of a series of many linking to one... all in the direction of Miss Solara."

He had forgotten the Eldar for a moment. "Silence creature. If we want your opinion we'll give it to you."

"By the Emperor ... A Marine who is capable of actual sarcasm, and here I though they ripped all forms of humor from the Astartes, well, the ones that aren't Space Wolves anyway." Urd said genuinely surprised, enough so she lightened up a bit, and went mostly back to normal.

"Yes, i don't see why i wouldn't be able to fix it, Rhinos are childs play in comparison to Momaru or Egerion."

"Good to hear, our own Tech-priest has yet to reply, so we're fortunate your here. It's in the building over there if you want to start on it" Urd said pointing to a near by garage. It was then Titania spoke to the group, while her first comment was more or less the plan, her second was more concerning. "Many linking into one?" Urd thought on this a moment, then gave a sharp look to the Dread and Terminator "You didn't say anything about Tyranids"

"I didn't know. I had a bad feeling in my gut, and they must be what's causing it." Momaru responded as sana nodded and walked off to try and get the rhino running smoothly.

"The inquisition or mechanicus must have kept it under wraps in order to prevent mass chaos. Orks are one thing, we can fight them off. Tyranids consume everything. And if what the xeno says is true, which fits what we know of the tyranids, then we need to get your inquisitor and get off the planet as soon as possible." he said, then turned towards egerion.
"You failed to mention this to me, this would have greatly shifted my plans to evacuating the planet sooner. I don't run from anything, but i'm not a suicidal moron either." he said, a bit annoyed that the dreadnought failed to say anything about them.

Dante merely stood back and listened as Urd and the other began talking about how they would make an exodus from this place, when suddenly felt an unfamiliar presence; it was inhuman in nature, but not like the Orks or Titania the Solitaire. No, this presence was primal, it was feral, it was... Tyranid.

"Through the green shroud, there is the presence of a series of many linking to one... all in the direction of Miss Solara." Spoke Titania, in her usual hauntingly hollow tone; she must have felt the same presence as he did. Apparently Captain Micus didn't like having her within his sight. "Silence creature. If we want your opinion we'll give it to you."

"I would not disavow the Solitaire's words quite so soon Captain Micus. She may be Xenos, and not the most trustworthy amongst us, but her words ring true. There is a Hive Mind somewhere, sending out its signals and controlling its brood through the Synapse. We must move quickly if we are to reach Inquisitor Solara before anything happens to her."

Egerion

"You didn't say anything about Tyranids"

"You failed to mention this to me; this would have greatly shifted my plans to evacuating the planet sooner. I don't run from anything, but I'm not a suicidal moron either."

If he were still capable, he would have rubbed his temple to try and quell his frustration. "No I did not say anything about Tyranids, because the Deathwatch has the matter in hand. This is the merest tendril of a Hive Fleet, and operations are underway to divert its attention to non-Imperial worlds. The reason you were not told was because it was on a 'need-to-know' basis...and you didn't need to know."

Shifting slightly he peered down at Sgt Momaru. "We may dislike how things have changed, but we are still bound by oath and honour to obey orders; you more than most men should understand that, Brother."

"Does not change the fact that they are here and a possible threat to The Inquisitor" Urd practically growled, She turned to Dante, "I need you to lock on to Solara's location again, also, see if you can find out if she's ok or not, even better if you can get a message to her about our current status." Urd then turned to Titania "Your with me, we're gonna rig this place to blow."

"I understand that brother, but the Tyranid threat is here and this planet is doomed. You know as well as i that there's only been a few instances where our brothers have stopped them, but this shall not be one of them." Momaru said, turning his full body to Egerion.

"While i do respect the upper command chain, there are times where they are wrong. If a command would needlessly get my brothers killed for an objective that isn't worth the risk, then i would refuse to take it. This "need to know" basis you speak of would imply to letting myself know as i am a battle brother of but one rank below you and the days left of this planet's survival are severly numbered." he said then took a breath to prepare another volly of words.

"And if this were but the merest of tendrils, their presence wouldn't be felt this greatly upon the planet by a xeno and confirmed by one of our sanctioned psykers, let alone have the deathwatch deployed upon the surface of this planet. The only reason you're here egerion, is for the purpose of getting VIP's or items or info those higher up deem important, off planet. You know as well as i do that this planet is dead inside a month." He said, not aggressivly, but calmly and as if he was stating things from experiance.

Titania nodded, she didn't say anything, but followed the daughter into the bunker to set up explosives to blow it.

Arcor
That thing would murder me if it had the chance.

The fortress ahead of them seemed to be a large circular structure. Thick Walls of crete with a flak complex on top, antennae groups jutting from it, most smashed beyond repair. The outer wall for the majority were charred and pitted. No actual breaches could be seen however.

A large gate sat on one side of the complex, it appeared to be made of silver adamantium, with a large sloppily painted SOS on it in blood red.

As they approached, Arcor looked at the other two briefly and knocked on it in the center.
After a moment it slid ajar, just enough for a person to walk through.
Inside it was pitch black, a slight humming could be heard in the background.

Arcor walked inside not waiting for the other two. As he did, he tripped a motion sensor and beams of bright light from spotlights struck him in the eyes.

A voice from far back inside yelled "Identify yourself" in plain low Gothic.

Arcor hesitated for a moment before replying in a booming binary cant "Arcor, Field Tribune, Theta 46531. I've got a VIP outside waiting."

The lights shut off, and brief discussion in a local language not unlike Arabic could be heard before the room's lights turned on.

Inside was a vehicle bay, several skitarii could be seen manning autocannons on top of damaged rhinos and chimeras around the room. Sandbags sat in a line across the room, where a platoon's worth of militia were aiming lasrifles at the doorway.

Arcor sheathed his sword, stuck his functioning arm outside, and motioned for the others to come inside.

Helena Karr
"No? Good then. Dismissed."

The rank and file left the room as squad leaders were approached by robed servitors carrying dataslates.
Each held a list of objectives, a collection of unit frequencies and codes, planetary data, a collection of maps, and the basic order to report to their squads dropship for deployment upon being readied.

Helena's initial orders are to deploy onto one of the sites extrapolated to be the source of the SOS signal, and to locate the inquisitor.

Few files exist on the surrounding area, but there have been Tyranid spores reported in its vicinity by the mechanicus.
Five other Sororitas squads will be deploying nearby to reinforce.
Located Tyrannic infestations are to be torched to slow the growth of their infrastructure.

A piece of intel stuck out briefly, the planets atmosphere seems to be generating a powerful constant electromagnetic field, astropaths are reporting warp energy to have impregnated it, making it near impossible to currently transmit data between the ground and space.

"Does not change the fact that they are here and a possible threat to The Inquisitor." Spoke Urd, sounding furious about the reveal of the Tyranids and the threat to Solara, a concern she was right to have. "I need you to lock on to Solar's location again, also, see if you can find out if she's ok or not, even better if you can get a message to her about our current status." Urd then disappeared once more into the bunker, followed closely by the Solitaire. Meanwhile the Terminator known as Momaru was busy pointing out the flaws in Captain Micus's statement that the existence of the Tyranids was on a "need to know" basis. He waited for him to finish before speaking.

"If you will excuse me Sirs, it appears I haven an Inquisitor to track." Spoke Dante as he began walking a short distance from the outpost, but still within visual range of the others. He removed the spear-staff and placed it in-front of him, and it immediately began floating just slightly above the ground as his eyes began to glow slightly, using what energy that was surrounding him to help bring his talents to bear and began searching for Solara.

Using the original direction as a reference point, Dante began searching the area for any signs of the large psychic presence that Solara would generate, making sure not to mentally wonder into the path of any Tyranid activity, especially the Hive Mind; he had heard that to try communicating with it would send an individual mad, and possibly kill themselves in the process. It took him a while, but eventually he came across a powerful force within the psychic realm.

"Hello? Solara? By the Emperor I hope it is who I'm talking to, so many different presences here on this planet. Anyway, I've decided to contact you to give you a status update on my end as well as seeing how you are faring wherever it is you are. First off I have managed to rendezvous with Urd, Lithian and the Eldar Solitaire Titania, we are all currently alive; no word as of yet from Techpriest Frederickson.

Secondly we have made contact with local military forces, at the moment they appear to be friendly. Specifically they are a Dreadnought from the Deathwatch called Captain Micus, a female Techpriest Enginseer called Sana, who is protected by a Terminator Space Marine who called himself Sergeant Momaru. Apparently he is from the forgotten Second Legion of Space Marines. Please reply with current status m'lady."

"Hello? Solara? By the Emperor I hope it is who I'm talking to, so many different presences here on this planet. Anyway, I've decided to contact you to give you a status update on my end as well as seeing how you are faring wherever it is you are. First off I have managed to rendezvous with Urd, Lithian and the Eldar Solitaire Titania, we are all currently alive; no word as of yet from Techpriest Frederickson.

Secondly we have made contact with local military forces, at the moment they appear to be friendly. Specifically they are a Dreadnought from the Deathwatch called Captain Micus, a female Techpriest Enginseer called Sana, who is protected by a Terminator Space Marine who called himself Sergeant Momaru. Apparently he is from the forgotten Second Legion of Space Marines. Please reply with current status m'lady."

Solara's head snapped to attention at this. "Dante? wow, i'm releived you guys are allright. I'm with a skitarri at an outpost somewhere generally north of where i landed, i can only assume you guys are going to try and link up with me. I'm currently at a fortress with some other skitarii and what i can only assume are locals. I need to talk my way through this, so try and track me here." was all she sent before turning to Vymazat.

"Listen, don't kill anyone in here, ok? you can come in if you so desire, or you can wander off again, or stay out here. It's entirely up to you, but i repeate, don't kill anyone inside this fortress without say so of myself." Was all the inquisitor said before following Arcor inside. She had her weapons holstered an was met with the sight of a series of people pointing a fair number of guns at herself.

"I am Inquisitor Solara of Ordo Hereticus, please stand down. We are not here to threaten or assault you. However, if you do harm us, i cannot garuntee the safety of anyone in this room, due to a member of my party just outside those doors. Are we in understanding of one another?" she said in the most commanding voice she could muster, much like her mother's own voice could compell many.

Egerion

"You know as well as I do that this planet is dead inside a month."

Damn that man and his persistence. He thought. As much as he disliked the newer Marines, when you said you were ordered; that was good enough for them. With another angry mental shake of his head, he once again opened a private channel to the Veteran-Sergeant.

"You should know better than that Momaru. If we lose Driseadi it will give the Tyranids a toehold, if that happens we lose the system. If we lose the system, we lose two Hive world, two Forge worlds, plus this Knight world; that cannot be allowed to happen. Our intel shows that this is just a faint tendril....that should give you a clue as to just how large the supporting fleet is."

He paused for a moment, what he was about to reveal next was in utter disobedience to his orders, but he saw no other way. "What I say next must never be told...not even to Enginseer Sana. I do not know on which one, but the Mechanicus are convinced there may be an intact STC library on one of the Forge worlds. THAT is why the Deathwatch is trying to draw the Tyranids off. There are also rumours that the Orks have found some lost tech. Since the Mechanicus is busy trying to, quietly, find this library, my mission was to investigate said rumours. Now swear to me, as a loyal Brother, as a true son of the Imperium, that you will not breath a word of this."

Arcor

"I am Inquisitor Solara of Ordo Hereticus, please stand down. We are not here to threaten or assault you. However, if you do harm us, I cannot garuntee the safety of anyone in this room, due to a member of my party just outside those doors. Are we in understanding of one another?"

A few of the men lowered their rifles.

Arcor sighed and looked at the Inquisitor "They're just scared."
He walked toward the line, and mantled over it.
He patted a civilian on the shoulder and spoke briefly in the Driseadian dialect.
The man turned and pointed towards an open corridor at the back of the room.

Arcor turned towards the Inquisitor "The communications array is back there."
He paused and looked at one of the Skitarii "Who's your CO?"

The Skitarii thought for a second and responded "Huscarl Vicarious. He's in the surgeon's station, down the corridor and to the left, next to the barracks, you can't miss it."

Good, they made it.

"Thanks."

Arcor turned towards Solara "I'll get you in contact, then I've gotta check on my men."
He walked to the corridor, stopped to wait, and turned back towards Solara.

The Eversor stood their as he thought it over. No killing? NO KILLING?! I"M GONNA RIP HER SKULL OUT AND BEAT HER! HER FRIENDS! HER ENEMIES! AND HER FAKE FRIENDS TO DEATH WITH IT! Though as he was thinking this, deep within his mind, her orders were being follow.

"DA VOICES IN MY HEAD WON"T STOP SHOUTING! ARRAGAGAGAGAA!" *he slams his head against the doors. Over and over again until he finally stops. " Chuckling as he whisper "Their a fire within my head...and its burning everything!" Looking back around as he keep eye incase more of the bug dino come forth to fight him once more.

"I have made contact via a telepathic psyker in my routine i've informed them of my location and they'll be coming to get me as soon as possible, at the most, 5 hours judging by distance." Solara informed Arcor. "and i'll meet with the leader in a minute, i must keep Vymazat calm." She said to Arcor, then turned to the rest of the soldiers.

"Listen, you all need to stay calm, do not, i repeate, DO NOT make any hostile actions against this man i'm about to bring in. He's like a dam that's about a minute away from bursting at the seams, but he's probably our greatest defence against the tyranids." she said to the group guarding the doors. The inquisitor then walked back through them.

"Vym, i need you to focus. Ok? i know you have a burning instinct to kill, but please, i'm begging you to find that man you still have deep inside yourself, like everyone does even if they're not showing. Please, find yourself to control you." the girl said trying to get him uner control.

"I want you to come inside the doors, do not kill those inside the building, no killing any humans, no killing any locals, no killing any mechanicus members. I want you to focus on keeping calm, come down off this blood lust wave. I want you to come in here and guard the gate, i want you to come in here and make sure no tyranids get through that gate. If there are more survivors, let them through, but none of those bugs get into this building. The only enemy you have are those damned bugs, they will not make it into this builing, ok?" she said to him, taking a few steps backwards and leading him into the builing.

Momaru was quiet for a while, he was thinking this over. "As much as it kills me to hold information of Lady Sana that might help her help this crumbled empire, you are right and i will respect your wishes. I swear no one, not even her shall those these words." he said, crossing his arm across his chest. "I do swear." he said, then put his arm down.
"But regardless of either our former objectives, we currently have a VIP to get off this rock. A VIP in 'nid infested territory none the less." the Sgt pointed out to Egerion.

"And the matter of transporting you and myself to her location is also going to be an issue. I do not beleive a rhine can hold the weight of a dreadnought of your size AND a space marine of my own."

Meanwhile, in the garage:

Lith in her search found the little techpriest from before, sitting, covered in oil and grease, against one of the life poles used to raise the rhino up. she was taking a breather as both of the rhino's treads were off and on the floor underneath the lift, sprawled out like the APC was lifted off of them.

That's when the little techpriest saw Lith. The young girl had a smile on her face as she glanced up at the guardwoman. "Hey, Miss Ortona." she said, standing up and walking over to lith. "Hey... um... sorry about earlier. You had a Xeno with you and we couln't be too sure about you..." was what the little engineer said.

"And i would like to apologize for Momaru's actions before as well. He'll never do it himself because... well... he has a bit of a sense of pride in himself and wouldn't be able to swallow it for an apology. He truly respects you guardsmen... you two just got off on the wrong foot. I'd really appreciate it if you gave him a second chance and would think you two might actually get along well..." she finished explaining and felt a bit awkward.

Lith

Lith entered the garage under a heavy load. Aside from the laspistol at her hip, and the chainsword and plasma gun on her back; she was carrying close to a dozen lasguns all tied together with some rope, and a scavenged sack full of batteries.

"Hey, Miss Ortona. Hey... um... sorry about earlier. You had a Xeno with you and we couldn't be too sure about you...And I would like to apologize for Momaru's actions before as well. He'll never do it himself because...well...he has a bit of a sense of pride in himself and wouldn't be able to swallow it for an apology. He truly respects you guardsmen...you two just got off on the wrong foot. I'd really appreciate it if you gave him a second chance and would think you two might actually get along well..."

Dumping her haul on to a clear workbench, she set her helm there as well, before replying to the techpriest. "Save your breath." She replied as she began sorting through the guns. Most of the weapons were damaged, but salvageable, and one by one she began to field strip them. "I know what you're trying to do and I'm not interested. I don't want to be your 'friend' and I don't care if that Tin Can o' Ego is actually the nicest man since the Emperor. If you three hadn't been between me and my friends, I wouldn't have even slowed down to look."

While she was facing the lasguns she was working on, it was obvious she wasn't really seeing them; the breaking down of the guns was happening purely by trained instinct. "My only concern is getting me and my friends to 'lara, and then getting off this rock. Frankly you mean less to me than one of these batteries." In the time she'd been speaking, Lith had dismantled all the guns she'd brought in and assembled a single functional one out of the parts.

Slapping a battery into the 'new' gun, she did a few basic tests before slinging in onto her back beside the plasma gun. That done she slipped some more batteries into a bandolier that'd been in the sack as well, and then strapped that to her armour. Once fully kitted out she took some other remaining batteries, and bits of the scrapped lasguns, and began to fashion them into very powerful improvised grenades.

Egerion

Egerion bowed slightly to the sergeant. "I know it is not an easy thing to ask of you, but you have my thanks. As for this 'VIP', I agree. The sooner we can extract this Inquisitor, the sooner we can figure out just what the hell their deal is. All we know for sure is that they came in with that Hulk, and that alone is enough to warrant suspicion."

"And the matter of transporting you and myself to her location is also going to be an issue. I do not believe a Rhino can hold the weight of a dreadnought of your size AND a space marine of my own."

The towering Dreadnought rumbled in amusement. "If Sana is as talented as she seems, then she just might be able to adapt what we have here to carry even your weight. I however am content to walk; despite my own mass I am faster than one might believe."

"Dante? Wow, I'm relieved you guys are alright. I'm with a Skitarii at an outpost somewhere generally north of where I landed, I can only assume you guys are going to try and link up with me. I'm currently at a fortress with some other Skitarii and what I can only assume are locals. I need to talk my way through this, so try and track me here." Was the reply that Dante received, glad that he was talking to the right person.

"Understood m'lady. Miss Sana is currently in the process of repairing a Rhino transport for us to reach your location with. Oh and be careful, myself and Titania have felt the presence of a Hive Mind somewhere on this planet; we haven't got a precise lock on it's location, but we think it's heading towards you. It's not much, but its the best we've got. This is Dante signing off." Dante said in response continuing to track her location. The fact that he now knew roughly in what sort of area she would be in, it would make the job of narrowing down an exact spot easier. As time went on, his spear-staff began to turn towards the right direction; it being in tune with Dante's mind.

"Focus!? FOCUSING! I'LL FOCUS ON SKINNING EVERYTHING ALIVE WITH MY TEETH AS I EAT THEIR SOULS!?!" He starts to breath hard as he looks into Solara's eyes. He grabs her and lift her up. "I can't stop the killing...none of us can..AND WE DON"T WANT TO!" Screaming in her face. "BUT THE TINKER MEN WILL LIVE FOR NOW!"

He drops her on the ground as he twitch all over. "The BUGS Offer greater CHAllenges! den the puny small weak tinker men who run in their own yellow liquids!" Seeing her get up as he slowly follows her inside. Looking upon the fear stricken faces of the men inside. His pure hatred stare seem to be staring at their souls. Though deep inside of him, a small voice was spark. He could hardly hear it but it was telling him not to kill them. He hated it!

Each of the insults the guardwoman threw at the techpriest hit her like a smack to the face. She winced everytime one came out of her mouth and visibly flinched when she began to make the battery grenades. "Sorry..." she said and slinked off. the techpriest was completely different from her previous mood.

The girl walked away and out of the garage and into the break area. she wasn't happy and was truly hurt by what the guard woman said. She pulled up her legs, sitting on a couch in the break room and pulled out a simple toy. It was one from one of the lost worlds and was famous among kids as being a brain challenger. We would know it as a rubix cube.

With her arms wapped around her legs against her chest, she let her mechandrites take care of the manipulation of the cube as she scrambled it.

"The girl does have the right smarts to fix the cursed thing." He said glancing towards the garage. "I just hope she gets along with the others in their group well. Everything we've observed shows they aren't as brainwashed towards the cult as the rest of the worlds are. This gives me hope for them, but also the same level of concern you have. Their either some of the better spies the dark forces have sent against us, or they were isolated by the inqusition for some various reason." he said, squinting his eyes at the base as to if he was trying to see something invisible.

As she was being roughhoused, the inquisitor kept herself calm. However, between her fingers jumped crackles of warp energy. So, she decided to appeal to force since he wasn't being nice in responce to calmness. Solara turned her back to the man and looked around.
"I want to make this known now. I am a psyker, what many of you are going to call a witch." she said, holding her hand up as energy crackled between her fingers. "Now that that's out of the way, i won't harm any of you and will do my best to protect you all. And any who cannot speak low gothic, i would appreciate those of you who can to translate my words to them." she explained.

"I will be here, fighting off any bugs that may try to enter this building, but i will also stand between this man and you. And he is nothing but a man on drugs, he bleeds like the rest of us. So stand strong and show no fear." she said then turned around to face Vymazat.

"I was being nice before, but no more." She said, taking a step forward and unleashing warp energy into the ground and building as everything sparked, from crevice to crevice in the building around her. Each word she said was forcefull and battered against his mind like a wave and with each word she took a step forward. "You WILL NOT touch me again. You WILL NOT harm anyone in this building. You ARE going to LISTEN to me. You are going to reach into that simple minded feral skull of yours and pull whatever consciousness you have into some form of respectable person who can understand orders and take them or so help me by the emperor i will turn your body into dust."

Lith

Lithian's mind was anything but calm. What if she's hurt? What if the Tyranids get her? What if she landed in the middle of a swamp and can get out? Enough....thoughts like that never help. But what if she's gone..... A shudder ran through her as she choked back a sob. NO! You rule them, not the other way around.

Looking down at the workbench she say she'd assembled three devices. They were little more than the main body of a lasgun, and a battery. You pulled the trigger, then due to some crude rewiring, roughly five seconds the thing blew up spectacularly. Tucking them into the bandolier she'd strapped to her armour, she turned about and saw that the garage was empty. Shit. She thought as she realized she was alone. The Rhino must've been worse off than they thought. "No sense standing around then."

Snatching up her helm, she strode off in search of her friends. They had a lot of ground to cover, and time was very short. Her path out of the garage took her through the break room, but in her current state of mind, she missed the techpriest sitting off to one side.

When Sana noticed the woman had gone, she walked back into the garage. Knowing exactly what to do, she began to look around. After a few minutes, she pulled together a peice if paper and a drained lasgun battery. She began to write in low gothic on the peice of paper and once satisfied with it, let it and the battery on the ground under the rhino, where it was lifted.

The note:

"This battery shall finish the repairs since it's far more useful than me.
Please, enjoy its charismatic company of the battery and continue to
shit all over someone who was trying to be friendly.
-sincerely
Miss worthless than a laspack,
Sana."

She left it under the rhino, where the transmission was torn open and the suspension was halfway disassembled. She returned to her seat in the break room and continued her toy.

Urd and Titania entered the garage a little after Sana sat back down and the pair went about setting up the last bomb, when Urd noticed something, or rather noticed a lack of something. Sound, there was a lack of sound in the garage, which was odd because the Rhino that she requested work on was there. Urd had Titania finish up the bomb while she investigated.

Urd walked over to the lifted Rhino and poked her head under, spot a battery where the tech priest should have been, as well as a sheet of paper, Urd crawled under the Rhino, collected the battery and not, the crawled back out. "What the fucking hell?!" she blurted out after reading it, then stood back up and looked at Titania "If for what ever reason you end up back with your own people and some offers one you a rank of leadership, don't take it. it's just a damned head ache, I have a mess to sort out now, finish the bomb and" Urd pondered for a moment "see about finding some food I guess, If I can't get this sorted we'll be walking to Solara so we'll need it." Urd said in a tone that denoted she was annoyed but not with the Eldar.

Urd searched the garage and spotted the tech priest, sitting on a room. Urd walked into the room and dangled the note in front of the tech priest "Care to explain"

"I have no desire to assist anyone who thinks i am anything less than another human; someone who has expressed nothing but hostility in return for friendliness and shit on my apology for my own and my guardian's actions for earlier today." she said, not taking her eyes off the rubix cube or making any indication that she was going to move.

"And i quote: 'My only concern is getting me and my friends to 'lara, and then getting off this rock. Frankly you mean less to me than one of these batteries.'. I will resume helping once i have some form of an apology from her that recognizes me as a human. Until then, as Sgt Ortona indicated, the laspack is far more certified and capable of repairing that rhino than i shall ever be." was all the techpriest said, making two faces on the cube the same color, which did satisfy her a bit.

Meanwhile, the Xeno was following order, getting together the final bomb, then walking about and picking up rations from corpses and even finding a few boxes of them as well.

"I have no desire to assist anyone who thinks i am anything less than another human; someone who has expressed nothing but hostility in return for friendliness and shit on my apology for my own and my guardian's actions for earlier today."

"Emperor help you when you find out how full of shit ..." Urd stared then stopped her self.

"And i quote: 'My only concern is getting me and my friends to 'lara, and then getting off this rock. Frankly you mean less to me than one of these batteries.'. I will resume helping once i have some form of an apology from her that recognizes me as a human. Until then, as Sgt Ortona indicated, the laspack is far more certified and capable of repairing that rhino than i shall ever be."

Urd sighed, both at Lith, and how thin skinned this little brat seemed to be. Urd crumpled the note and tossed it in the trash, internally debating how much she really wanted to deal with this 'child's' crap, and she really wanted to tell her little brat 'She didn't really care about her ether, and that she's just putting up with her group cause they are of use to them for the moment, and that they are, in all honesty, expendable to her.' but, she didn't, that wouldn't help, instead she just left the room to find Lith and get this sorted out.

The Eversor held his head as Solaria scream into his head. Forcing her way in his mind as he scream in a pain. Though he slowly starts to stop screaming and just twitch around. He was starting to focus on another face. He could hardly hear it from all his madness within his own head. Though the thing he did hear was 'Listen to her, or we both die.' Vym didn't want to die, not yet. If he died, that would mean less things to kill. With less things to kill, their would be no enjoyment. No FUN! HE HATED NOT HAVING FUN!

"The little man in the sea of madness agrees that I should stop. Though I hope he drowns so I DON"T HAVE TO FEEL SANE AGAIN!" He walks away, keep guard at the doors as he whisper to himself as if he was talking to someone.

Lith

Lith swept through the remains of the outpost, adding to her cache of weapons, what rations, water, and medical supplies she could find. "Oh shit...right." She muttered as she realized she'd forgotten to do something. Putting her helm on, she vox'd Dante and Urd. "Looks like we're on foot you two. Guess that Rhino was worse than you thought....anyways, I've pulled together some gear, so grab what you can. I wanna be mobile in ten mike tops."

Urd didn't reply on the Vox, instead, she hit Lith on the top of her helmet, hard enough to get her attention and that's it. "We need to talk" she said once Lith turned around, then motioned her to fallow to a near by room where they could speak in privet. "Sgt Ortona" Urd started, in a tone that said 'I hate this part of my job, thanks for making me do it' "I understand you are under a lot of stress and you are eager to get to Inquisitor Draco, but for the love of the Emperor do not take it out on the one Tech Priest we have on hand. The Rhino isn't FURBAR, she stopped working on it cause hurt the thin skinned brats feelings with something you said." Urd said then took a couple steps closer "I had Dante scan for her and try and get in touch with her, so he should know by know how she is doing, I'll go find that out now, since it will do us all a world of good to hear how she's doing, but I want you to go get her back to work, I don't care if you lie to her about being sorry about what you said, but the sooner we get to Solara, the sooner we can get back to what we should be doing, and the Rhino help of achieve that aim orders of magnitude faster then walking."

Helena read over the data pad quickly. Twice. Find the "Inquisitor". Bring her and any other sentient thing with her in for questioning. Eradicate Xeno's. Simple as a dataslate. A worthy duty in practice. Good, those genestealers need to pay. She and several other squad leaders nodded and, with a salute to the witch hunter, leave the war room. Helena began making her way to the armory. She would not be going down on the planet without a personal source for the Emperor's Holy Flame.

Moments later she was leaving the Armory and heading for the hangar, another hand flamer set to her belt. She made a mental note to NOT let this one blow up in her face. She noticed a few dropships still in the hangar along side hers. Good she wouldn't be the reason that her squad was held back. She climbed up the ramp, switching her Heavy Bolter to her new hand as she climbed. The Sisters hushed tones were cut short as she ducked in and heads turned. Her eyes scanned the sisters assembled. Most of then she new, as well as replacements for the two that were lost.

A grim smirk crossed her face. "Greetings again Sister's. I Trust you weren't expecting anyone else?" She asked taking her seat near the front of the deck. She was met small chuckles. Helena strapped herself into her seat and pounded on the door to the cockpit, signaling the pilot to take off.

Lith

For a split second, she just about launched into an attack when she felt the strike on her helm, but stopped as soon as she saw Urd.

"We need to talk."

Lith felt a hollow sensation in her gut. Nononono! Calm down, you're jumping to conclusions...

As Urd read her the riot act, she replayed her 'conversation' with the Techpriest. THAT upset her? I've heard worse from my own family....still not everyone can be Cadian strong. With her head bowed, she let out a bit of a sigh. "Guess I came off as a bit of a bitch back there, eh?" She said finally. "I'll go see about calming down the 'wire-head'." She moved a few paces back towards the garage, and then tuned to Urd. "How and if Dante is talking to Lara, have him tell her that if she gets herself killed I'll kick her ass."

Shortly, Lith found herself standing in front of Sana. "Enginseer Sana, I....bloody hell I can't stand this thing." She muttered, pulling her helm off and tossing it onto a nearby table. "Sorry...like I was saying; Enginseer Sana, I owe you an apology. Between waking up in this bloody warzone, getting stuck with that Xeno, and knowing that someone I deeply...respect...is in danger, and that I can't help her, has left me a bit on edge. Still, that I know reason for me to react the way I did, and I'm sorry."

"I accept your apology. I've been stationed with guard regiments on other worlds and have done my best to keep myself looking human and staying human to help make them a bit more comfortable around me. i'm also there for a shoulder if they need one to lean on, cause there's always the one kid heading into the guard because it was his only choice left, he doesn't want to be there and still managed to keep it together until he shatters. I'm in touch with my emotions and am sensitive because it's easiest to do my job that way. Keep a smiling face on to give them hope." she said putting away the toy and smiling.

"But just call me Sana. Rank is too formal for me." she said and stood up off the couch, letting her hood fall down to reveal that her head was completely human to appearance, a definite oddity for a techpriest.

"Now if you want to get to this person you "respect"." she began with a smirk, hinting that she understood. "Then i would appreciate it if you helped me with the pully system in the garage since it's just out of my reach when working on the rhino." was all the techpriest said and led them into the garage, gesturing to the system of chains over to the right.

"The transmission is done and the suspension is as well." she said, lowering the rhino onto the treads and re-wrapping them around the tracks. She climbed ontop of the rhino and attached the chains to the top of the hull. She then climbed off and inside the back hatch. "I'll need you to keep those chains tight, i'm going to raise the roof of the hull on her." sana said and climbed inside, waiting on confirmation.

Urd smirked at Lith's parting comment as she left to go sort things out with the Tech Priest, and departed the room shortly after her self to find Dante. Urd looked around the main area of the compound but didn't readly see him, so she took to the sky for a moment to find him, she could have just asked over the Vox, but she liked being airborne and just used it as an excuse to get in the air again. besides she found Dante quickly and glided over to him "Dante" She called out from above him as she descended "Have you been able to get a hold of Solara?" her feet touching ground as she finished her question.

Dante continued to home in on Solara's position when he received a transmission over Vox "Looks like we're on foot you two. Guess that Rhino was worse than you thought....anyways, I've pulled together some gear, so grab what you can. I wanna be mobile in ten mike tops." But he knew that wasn't completely true when he felt some negative energy coming from the Garage/Vehicle Pool, obviously something had happened, but that wasn't of his concern for the moment. Several minutes later however, and a voice spoke to him directly.

"Dante." Said Urd as he noticed that she was slowly beginning to descend from above. "Have you been able to get a hold of Solara?" She asked as her feet made contact with the ground. Dante got off of the rock he had been sitting on, which coincidentally was getting a bit difficult to sit on by this point and returned to the spear-staff to the holder on his back.

"As a matter of fact I have Urd. At the moment she is with a Skitarii at a base which was in a northerly direction of where her cryo-pod had landed. Appears that there were some other Skitarii at the base along with what she assumed were locals. Currently I believe she is trying to talk her way in. Apart from that she is fine, no injuries to speak off."

"Using the original crash point as a reference marker and based on our current location, it will take us several hours to reach her, travelling in a northerly direction at first, I'll be able to give more precise directions once we're on the move, though I'd imagine the base would be pretty noticeable in these surroundings."

"As a matter of fact I have Urd. At the moment she is with a Skitarii at a base which was in a northerly direction of where her cryo-pod had landed. Appears that there were some other Skitarii at the base along with what she assumed were locals. Currently I believe she is trying to talk her way in. Apart from that she is fine, no injuries to speak off."

"Good, I'm glad she's reached safe ground, that should calm Lith's nerves as well" Urd said, then hugged Dante "I hate having to be 'commander-y you know that, more stress then I need when I far better suit to be a front line fighter" Urd added, venting a little.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked