Apocalypse (Game Thread : Closed, Dead)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 21 NEXT

"Thank you Sgt Brathen...we are about to pull out with intention of extracting an Inquisitor, just as soon as we get an exact fix on her location. We also have several members of the Inquisitor's retinue here...including an Eldar." "Assuming that...machine...is up to it, cover the right flank while we advance."

Keal's eyes widen as the Ancient spoke, and he quickly returned, "Aye, I'll cover it. This pile of scrap should lug us there, it was ONCE Imperial tech, at least. The Ork's mainly used it to paint their fucking symbols and to lug some ach-ach." From the vehicle, he could hear hurried whispers or even shaky laughing. A damned DREADNOUGHT, they were fighting alongside a dreadnought!

From below, Sergi swore as he struggled with the controls, enlarged by Ork hands, but turned well enough to pull the Chimera up alongside the Rhino and Ancient. The Chimera coughed and trundled to a stop, cutting it's engines. They had to conserve fuel, Emperor knows how much the Green-skins left in it. As this was happening, Keal finally worked up the nerve to do it.

Keal looked back up, and quickly keyed up a second channel, to Ancient Micus, "Ah, Ancient, sir, I apologise for contacting you directly, but you said... Eldar? What the hell is an Eldar doing here? Is she, like, a slave, or just a regular, lying, dancing and cheating bitch?"

Lith

While the newly arrived sergeant was busy, Lith made her way 'round to the back of the Chimera; trailing her armoured fingers across the hull. That is a damned shame. She thought, looking at the crude Ork scrawls on the APC. Reaching the back, she rapped on the troop hatch with an armoured knuckle.

Egerion

"Aye, I'll cover it. This pile of scrap should lug us there; it was ONCE Imperial tech, at least. The Ork's mainly used it to paint their fucking symbols and to lug some ach-ach."

"I encountered an Engineseer, and her bodyguard not too long ago." He replied, gesturing to the Terminator still standing a bit behind him. "If I can tear her away from her newest toy, I will get her to look your vehicle over." Opening a channel to Sana, he also extended a finger and tapped on the top of the Rhino. "Little one, if you can spare a moment; we have just been joined by some more Guardsmen...seems they were looking for me. They stole a Chimera back from the Orks, and I would like you to check it out...make sure it is not just a liability."

"Ah, Ancient, sir, I apologise for contacting you directly, but you said... Eldar? What the hell is an Eldar doing here? Is she, like, a slave, or just a regular, lying, dancing and cheating bitch?"

"No apologies needed Sergeant, unlike some of my...Brothers, I remember we all serve the same Imperium." He replied after a moment. "As for your question...I cannot say. It wears an Inquisitorial collar, but its status is unclear. Whether it is the Inquisitors slave, merely a pet, or an ally of convince is one of the questions I mean to ask Inquisitor Draco if and when we reach her."

Urd walked up beside Dante, freshly free of Ork goo, then turned to the Dread "The Inquisitor is in a base north of here with some Skiitarii, Dante will be able to give more accurate directions. If you and your people are ready to move out I'd like to be on our way now." She said, while eying the new IG in there midst curiously, she's heard the broad cast over the Vox, but had her doubts about the machine they where in "Or do we need to delay till your Tech Priest gets that hunk of scrap trying to pass as a transport our new Guardsmen are in up to code? Cause I take personal issue with 'deserting' perfectly good troops for asinine reasons." There was something in the way Urd said that final sentence that hinted she was talking from personal experience and not some honor code.

"If I can tear her away from her newest toy, I will get her to look your vehicle over."
"It wears an Inquisitorial collar, but its status is unclear. Whether it is the Inquisitors slave, merely a pet, or an ally of convince is one of the questions I mean to ask Inquisitor Draco if and when we reach her."

"Aye, Ancient, I'll be watching my back. You can trust the Tau to be blind and happy, you can trust the Ork's to be brutal and fight, but you can never trust an Eldar. I'd rather link up with th- What? Urai, I'm talking with the Ancient. One moment. Apologies, Ancient. I must go. Just know, that if anything happens with this damned Inquisitor and her friends, I'll have your side."

Keal dropped back into the Chimera, pulling the top hatch shut. Lentra took his place in the gunner seat and Keal worked his way through the stinking vehicle to the back hatch. He hit the controls and the hatch dropped, to reveal someone that looked like a Sister of Battle.

"And who would you be? I presume you are another one of the Inquisitors to- bodyguards?"

Lith

"And who would you be? I presume you are another one of the Inquisitors to- bodyguards?"

"The Brass back home always said you Kasrkin were the best of us, and with a mind like that it's hard to see why not." Lith replied with a smirk, the scar on her face exaggerating it further. "I am...or was, at least, Sergeant Lithian Ortona of the 112th Shock Troops Regiment, 4th Company. I see you've already met Dante, our resident 'bolt magnet', there's a tall blond somewhere about named Urd, and she's a 'Daughter of Russ'." Seeing the confused look on the Sergeant's face, she chuckled a bit. "Fenrisian, and don't worry, I'd never heard of them either until I met her."

Her good mood faded, and she spat on the dirt, like she was trying to get rid of a bad taste. "Lastly we've got an Eldar Solitaire. Officially I must ask that you refrain from attacking it, as it is under the protection of Inquisitor Solara Draco...unofficially, if somebody splatters the cunt across the battlefield I didn't see anything."

Egerion

"Aye, Ancient, I'll be watching my back. You can trust the Tau to be blind and happy, you can trust the Ork's to be brutal and fight, but you can never trust an Eldar. I'd rather link up with th- What? Urai, I'm talking with the Ancient. One moment. Apologies, Ancient. I must go. Just know, that if anything happens with this damned Inquisitor and her friends, I'll have your side."

"I understand Sergeant...and thank you." Egerion replied. "It is always good to know who you can rely on in times of uncertainty."

"The Brass back home always said you Kasrkin were the best of us, and with a mind like that it's hard to see why not. I am...or was, at least, Sergeant Lithian Ortona of the 112th Shock Troops Regiment, 4th Company."

Keal suddenly warmed up and a smile broke out. "Ah, it's good to hear that accent, Sergeant! It's been a while since you donned the Guardsmen kit, judging by that hulk of metal. At least my carapace is better than the Standard-Issue Flak." Keal smiled as he listened to her description of the other soldiers.

I see you've already met Dante, our resident 'bolt magnet', there's a tall blond somewhere about named Urd, and she's a 'Daughter of Russ'. Fenrisian, and don't worry, I'd never heard of them either until I met her. Lastly we've got an Eldar Solitaire. Officially I must ask that you refrain from attacking it, as it is under the protection of Inquisitor Solara Draco...unofficially, if somebody splatters the cunt across the battlefield I didn't see anything."4

Keal was spilt on the thought of a pysker. On one hand, they were crazy, insane bastards that were exposed to the Warp. On the other, they could crush tanks with their mind. He wasn't sure which out-weighed the other. The Daughter of Russ sounded like yet another Inquisitorial pet, but Keal let rip a dark smile at the mention of the Eldar.

"Are you sure this shitty, Ork ruined vehicle can't... malfunction, during the drive? She just happened to be in the path when the controls broke?"

Keal shook his head, "No, Inquisitors have no sense of fun. Anyway, enough about the xenos, how about you? How'd you come to get, well, that. From Cadian to Sister of Battle? Frankly, power armour is too damned big. There's nothing better than being able to creep up and place a hot-shot in the back of a Traitor Marine. Fuckin' traitors."

"Okies! let me get out of here and i'll take a look at the thing." she said and soon enough, Sana's mechandrites hoisted her along out through the back of the rhino. It would surprise the guardsmen to see a techpriest that was so human looking, let alone what appeared to be a teenage girl. Using her fabricator gauntlet, she took care of the ork's spiky bits and attachments quickly then climbed inside to find a few of the guardsmen still in it.

"Hello!" she said cheerily and with a smile, climbing past and giving them a wave before opening the interior hatch to the motor and giving it a quick look over. She undid a few nuts and pulled part of the engine off, replacing it after she made sure the few vitals were inplace.

Sitting up, she looked around and found one of the bigger guys left in the squad and gestured to them. "Would you mind getitng me a couple of the jerry cans from the garage and filling them with fuel? i'd rather not waste anyone's time by doing it myself and taking time away from this old girl's needed checks." she asked him kindly.

The eldar came out a few minutes later, nodding towards urd to signify that the task had been complete. Almost immediately, the guradsmen and those around that were not used to her effects, felt a sense of... wrongness towards her. Titania could tell because a few of the guardsmen turned their heads towards her and their facial expression changed. She didn't care, it was normal for them to do it.

Momaru walked up to the group talking, his armor proudly displaying the oaths on one shoulder and the insignia of the mechanicus on the other. "Greetings guardsmen. The more forces we can gather the better." He said, looking down upon the men, a sense of respect coming from him. "I'm Veteran Sergent Momaru, 1st company of the II Astartes Legion." he said, extending his right arm out in a fist in greeting to the man.
"It's much easier to bump fists than to try to shake hands at this much of a size difference, i've found." he explained the gesture.

Lith

Lith gave Keal a wolfish grin at his 'offer'. "Don't tempt me...I may just take you up on that." Her smile softening, she looked from the Kasrkin Sgt, to his squad. "I don't know if you've dealt with Inquisitors much before, but Inquisitor Draco actually knows how to have fun." Before she could stop herself, her face flushed as memories of their 'fun'' came to mind. Curse me and my libido.

"Anyway, enough about the xenos, how about you? How'd you come to get, well, that. From Cadian to Sister of Battle? Frankly, power armour is too damned big. There's nothing better than being able to creep up and place a hot-shot in the back of a Traitor Marine. Fuckin' traitors."

"Me? A Sister? Hardly." She replied. "In fact, I'm pretty sure the first Sister I run into is going to be a bit...miffed...that I've nicked some of their kit." Seeing some rather incredulous looks, she laughed. "Long story short, I got pretty badly fucked up in a fight. After I got put back together, she gave me this armour to replace my old Flak kit...we were heading into some Class A shit on top of that so the armour was most welcome; and as for creeping?" She said raising a gauntlet, and slowly making a fist. "Not my style."

Lith watched as Sana appeared, and immediately went to work on the Chimera. As the Engineseer worked, stray...thoughts began to surface in Lith's mind. Damn it woman...learn some self control. Those thoughts were rapidly replaced by a familiar sense of unease. "Damn." She muttered, knowing exactly who it was. "I was hoping she'd get eaten by an Ork."

"Greetings Guardsmen. The more forces we can gather the better. I'm Veteran Sergeant Momaru, 1st company of the II Astartes Legion. It's much easier to bump fists than to try to shake hands at this much of a size difference, I've found."

Cute. She thought. Never seen a Marine play nice with the meat shield before...the Techpriest must be important. Ignoring the Marine, she returned her attention to Keal. "So since the Brass sent Kasrkin to this mud ball, just how fucked up are things?"

Egerion

"The Inquisitor is in a base north of here with some Skiitarii, Dante will be able to give more accurate directions. If you and your people are ready to move out I'd like to be on our way now, or do we need to delay till your Tech Priest gets that hunk of scrap trying to pass as a transport our new Guardsmen are in up to code? Cause I take personal issue with 'deserting' perfectly good troops for asinine reasons."

"Thank you Leftenant and I agree." Egerion replied. "I dislike the idea of abandoning any forces. Assuming that Chimera is even somewhat serviceable, Engineseer Sana should have it ready to go shortly." Switching channels, he vox"d Sana. "Engineseer Sana, what is the status of the Chimera?"

"I don't know if you've dealt with Inquisitors much before, but Inquisitor Draco actually knows how to have fun."

Keal nodded and watched as she smiled. He was silent as she continued, but silently pondered whether the Inquisitor would be as out-landish as the others. He actually kind of hoped for some kind of Commissar-Inquisitor to show up and put some order into this reunite.

"Me? A Sister? Hardly." She replied. "In fact, I'm pretty sure the first Sister I run into is going to be a bit...miffed...that I've nicked some of their kit. Long story short, I got pretty badly fucked up in a fight. After I got put back together, she gave me this armour to replace my old Flak kit...we were heading into some Class A shit on top of that so the armour was most welcome; and as for creeping? Not my style."

Keal lit up, "Nicked? You nabbed some POWER ARMOUR? How in the hell did that ever happen? You don't just walk across a battlefield and pick up some power armour off of a Holy Sister, so when'd you become the galaxy's greatest thief? Apparently you like smashing things right in the face, judging by your idea of NOT taking the way that stops you from getting shot. I see you have forgotten a few of your battle senses since donning that, especially if you think the enemy WOULDN'T place a hotshot between your shoulders before you can cry havoc."

Keal was about to continue when he heard talking from inside the Chimera. An engineseer was working on the inside of his vehicle. Keal listened in, hearing...

"Would you mind getting me a couple of the jerry cans from the garage and filling them with fuel? I'd rather not waste anyone's time by doing it myself and taking time away from this old girl's needed checks."

"Oi, Sergi and Urai, get off your asses and get that nice girl some fuel! And Urai, try not to set fire to it, you gak. I've seen more than enough of your little "accidents" with our vehicles supplies before!"

Keal shook his head and turned back to Lith...

"So since the Brass sent Kasrkin to this mud ball, just how fucked up are things?"

"Really? I am standing next to a dreadnought, a Pysker, a wannabee Sister of Battle, some kind of Cub of the Space Wolves, an Engineseer and a...

"Greetings guardsmen. The more forces we can gather the better. I'm Veteran Sergent Momaru, 1st company of the II Astartes Legion. It's much easier to bump fists than to try to shake hands at this much of a size difference, I've found."

Keal fell instantly silent and slowly turned. A Terminator stood in front of him, in it's massive, whirring armour. It's right arm stuck out, with it's hand curled into a fist. Keal stared for a few moments, looking up and down a few times. He lifted his helmet and locked it down on his head, before detaching his Hellgun. Keal placed his Hellgun in the lip of Chimera and slowly turned back. He curled his fist and lifted it towards the giant hand, dwarfing him with every move. There was a tiny "Ding!" as Keal's fist clinked off of the massive metal fist. He immediately wrenched his arm back and straightened up, backing away slowly. He climbed in the Chimera backwards and worked his way to the drivers seat. Marc was already out of there so Keal sat down and turned to face the front. His eyes still unblinking, he laid back and stared forwards.

"The old girl is fairly ok, outside of a few grotesque ork modifications. She should hold up." Sana said as the guardsmen came back and loaded the chimera up with the liquid. Hopping out of the apc, she looked up at egerion with a smile. "As soon as we're loaded up we can leave." she said and climbed over to the rhino, sliding into the drivers seat with a grin matched only by a khornate slaughtering innocents.

"Once we're all in, we're departing." Sana said over the open vox channel.

"Giving a nod to the reaining guardsmen, Momaru left them with a simple comment. "Stay safe." was all he said before waiting for the rest of the crew to load into the rhino. He couldn't help but chuckle the reaction of the guardsman to him. "Hehe, never gets old." he said on a channel to egerion.

Urd nodded to the Dread, but turned to watch as the Terminator approached the IG that showed up, and bump fists with one. Urd had to choke back a laugh as the Guardsmen about had a heart attack, though that was cut short by the return of Titania, who gave a simple nod that the task had been completed. "That was rotten of you, hilarious mind you, but rotten" Urd said with a smirk and a light giggle to her tone to the Terminator as he entered the near by Rhino.

(OOC: Well shit, my post deleted itself. Shorter version incoming)

As Keal clambered past Lentra into the Commander's seat, Marc took his place as the driver. The soldiers checked the engine, the threads, the firing slits and the multi-las. The Chimera trundled forth slowly as Keal keyed his vox.

"Alright, we are ready to move. We need to head to the outpost and link up soon, hopefully to take out the Ork threat by removing the spine. I will cover the right flank, Rhino, can you cover the left? The Dreadnought will take the middle."

(OOC: Sorry, much shorter. I can't be bothered retyping all of it.)

Lith

Lith was getting pissed off with Keal's opinion of her, when she stopped. Like you wouldn't have said the exact same things if you were in his place. Shit...how long have I been away from the Guard?

"Really? I am standing next to a dreadnought, a Pysker, a wannabee Sister of Battle, some kind of Cub of the Space Wolves, an Engineseer and a..."

"I'm not some wanna..." She trailed off as she saw Keal bump fists with the Space Marine. Seeing the rather stunned look on his face, she couldn't help but smile. He might be an ass...but that WAS pretty funny. After the Techpriest's voice came through on the vox, she nodded to the Kasrkin squad. "You might not wanna let your sergeant drive right now." With that she headed over to the Rhino, sitting down where she'd left her guns.

Egerion

"The old girl is fairly ok, outside of a few grotesque Ork modifications. She should hold up."

"Good to know." He replied. "All the same though, I do not want to push these old things any harder than we have too."

"Hehe, never gets old."

All he could do was sigh, and mentally shake his head...Momaru was certainly the most 'unique' Marine he'd ever met. Orders flashed across vox channels, and war machines rumbled to life; they were on their way again. Not a moment too soon. Striding between the two APCs, he began issuing orders. "Engineseer Sana, Dante knows our intended destination...follow his directions. Sergeant Brathen, have your driver contact the psyker Dante as well. If we get separated, head for the RV at best possible speed. Lt. Urd...blow the charges."

As the group moved off, a roar tore through the outpost, followed by many loud booms. Dust and fire billowed from the structures as the charges tore the place a part. In seconds, the outpost was nothing but rubble and fire.

Later:

Aside from a few small Ork attacks, and a possible genestealer sighting, the trip towards the Inquisitor's position was fairly uneventful...until the Chimera suddenly veered left and slammed into Egerion's leg, before grinding to a halt. Stepping free of the APC, he did a quick all around check. "Vehicle down! Sana, get over and check it out. Everyone else...tight perimeter, NOW!"

Keal was laying back and relaxing into his seat, his right hand still shaking a little. Lentra had long since given up his swing of the multi-las, and now it just lay forwards. In the back, the various soldiers were trying to get comfortable in their seats. Keal was sitting up to take a drink from his canteen when the Chimera slammed forwards. Lentra received a deluge of water down his back and shouts rang out. Among normal guardsmen, people would panic. The Kasrkin's just un-holstered their weapons and began a rollcall. All names sounded out and Urai hit the back-hatch. It clanged down and the Kasrkin rushed out, dropping down and calling cover fire.

Lentra remained in the Chimera, bringing the Multi-las to bear. Marc shook his head and grabbed his long-las, rushing out to help form the semi-circle out the back.

Keal marched out, his Hellgun lighting up and ready. He quickly surveyed the land around them. They were in a war-ravaged forest of sorts. The Knight worlds often liked to keep these grounds and plains like such, but this forest was wrecked by pods and ships landing, battles fought and trenches dug. Still, in places, green stuck out. As Keal scanned the ring of forest around them, he shouted. Keal hit the floor as acid flew past his head.

A Tyranid Warrior stomped out from the forest, letting loose a deathly screech. Around it rushed Genestealers, claws sharp and ready. They rushed towards the convoy, a swarm ready to consume. Keal shouted and stood back up, commanding his troops, "Lentra, switch out with Polis and Polis, get on the multi-las. Open it up! Cut the genestealers down! Urai, to the front, keep them from reaching us. Until then, start hucking frags! Sergi, aim for that concentration on the right, if they hit the Dreadnought, he'll fall under a thousand claws!"

Urai rushed forwards, crouching low, flamer at the ready. He started pulling frags from his belt. The pin was pulled and the grenade soared. As it landed, it's metal shards ripped the advancing Tyranids into pieces, but they kept coming. Sergi started chambering rounds and watched as hell rained on the left flank of the Tyranids. Davis and Geoga both ducked down in the front lines, supporting Urai. Their hotshot las shots scorched through Genestealers and they continued their controlled barrage. Marc was half-in, half-out of the Chimera, clipping off the Genestealers in the lead. He refocused and took a shot at the leading Warrior. It screeched as a hotshot blasted through one of it's many limbs. Lentra rushed forwards and powered his plasma gun, letting a blast of plasma fly towards the Warrior. It tried to screech, but the ancient tech made sure it shut up.

Keal could taste blood in his mouth and static in his ears, but raised his Hellgun and let a barrage of las into the approaching enemy, before shouting out,

"KASRKIN HOLDING, MORE INCOMING! LET'S SHOW THESE BOLT-LOVERS HOW A KASRKIN FIGHTS!"

Helena motioned for her sqaud to exit the craft. They did so in pairs, Bolters or Flamers going in opposite directions. Then they swept the near by site, examining the now empty pod. There was no sign of who had been inside, save for the now dead Xeno's outside of it. Whomever was inside was a skilled combatant at least. Helena knelt down in front of the beginning of the blood trail. It had begun to try, the edges had begun to turn to a dark rust color and flaked from the ground. Whenever this had happened it had been sometime ago. She looked up in the direction it was going. A start at least.

"Be ready Sister's! We must find the Inquisitor soon. Emperor knows what might have gotten it's claws into her." She called. They were moving not long after.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nearly an hour later they had followed the various signs of battle towards what looked like a makeshift citadel. It's doors closed to the infestation and painted with an S.O.S, hoping to buy it's defenders a few more moments of time before the the Xeno scum fell upon them and trying to get the attention of other. It had held so far, so the walls were very thick indeed, or the defenders highly skilled. Either way a good place to stop and study the situation and perhaps find the Inquisitor.

She looked back at her Sister's as they formed a defensive ring. She raised an armored fist and banged on the massive door. "By order of the Emperor, open the gate. This Retributor Karr of The Adeptus Sororitus and I request an audience with whomever leads this defense force."

Sana pulled the rhino up so that the corners of the two vehicles formed a defensive "V" formation. She climbed out of the rhino after dropping the rear hatch. Making quick progress over to the chimera, she quickly took out a jack and jacked up the apc. She began working her way down and checking all of the rollers for jams.

Meanwhile, Momaru took up position next to the guardsmen and unloaded his storm bolter and dual bolters on his powerfist into the incoming horde. "Stand strong guardsmen. You have large assistance, so let's not let these damn bugs get any closer than this, i prefer my company alive." he said.

Solara was alerted to a knock on the gate a bit later after confronting Vym over the "killing things" issue. Returning to the assassin. "Vym, i need you to stay quiet and in the shadows. wait for my signal to attack. I'll order you to attack and let you take out the nasty ones trying to get me, ok?" she asked, hoping he understood and would listen to her.

Returning to the door, she motioned for the group to open them. With her spear at the ready and the power-sword she had in a defensive position. When they opened to reveal the sister squad, Solara spoke. "I am inquisitor solara. By the power invested in my by the inquisition, i demand you down at once. Failure to do so will result in complete eradication of you and your squad. I have nothing personal against you, it's just i need to look out for these people."

I am Inquisitor Solara. By the power invested in my by the Inquisition, I demand you stand down at once. Failure to do so will result in complete eradication of you and your squad. I have nothing personal against you, it's just I need to look out for these people."

Helena blinked in surprise. They had stopped here for information, and yet, here was the Inquisitor. The Emperor works in mysterious ways. With a a nod her head the rest of her Sister's lowered their weapons. "Emporers light upon you Inquisitor. As I said, Retributor Helena Karr responding in accordance with an SOS we've received from a ship exiting the Warp." She said with a bow of her head. Good, the Inquisitor is alive. And appears to still be in command of her facilities. perhaps this will be a successful mission.

Vym twitches as he watch Solara exit the building. Standing at attention as he was ready to run out and start the slaughter. Though only when he was call for. When the Emperor requires him to do so. Hearing the voices outside of his leader as she converse with the uninvited guest. He was eager for something to happen. Anything to get back into action. Time felt so slow while standing around doing nothing.

"Good." Solara said and turned around. "Come inside then. I have been away in the warp for a long time. From what i gather, about a century or so." she explained. "I doubt the inquisition will have forgotten about my existence and the attempt on my life they have made is probably still in their records. Someone from up above doesn't like my existence, so they probably plan on removing me from the equation. Just like they tried to with the rest of my routine and my mother. I'll have you know, any hostilities on your behalf shall be met with death. Considering my newest member is capable of killing astartes with ease, watch yourselves." she said.

"Vym, you hear that? If you see them trying to take me anywhere forcibly, mince them all, ok?" she rhetorically asked him, knowing he'd listen.

"Anyhow, all previous orders from any superior you may be under are on hold for now. I am senior'd only by master Inquisitors. You are now all under my command and will help with the defense of this fortress. Listen to the skitarii ordering the defense and have your sisters ready to repel any bugs who dare try to take this doorway." solara ordered. "But you for now, Sister Karr, you're coming with me to the conference room. I'll see you there soon." she ordered before disappearing down a hallway.

The Sister's didn't move. Helena just shook her head. "I am sorry 'Inqusiitor'. If you know that you have been in the warp as long as you have, then you know the risk you may pose to others. You may have been possessed by Emperor know what. You are requested back aboard the fleet. There you can be tested and, The Holy Father willing, be released. Should this come to pass I will faithfully follow your commands, until then however....." Helena shrugged. "I have my orders in any case. We have already lost one Inquisitor recently as well as an Acolyte. I doubt my superiors wish to lose more." She turned to the side and motioned back towards the gate. "We will be glad to escort you back to the shuttle, as well as this 'Vym' if you so desire."

Solara stopped, her eyebrow twitching. She turned around. "Vym, please show yourself to these nice young ladies." she said, waiting for the eversor to reveal himself. "Sisters, i carry my mother's authority. She was a cannoness before becoming an inquisitor for the black fleets. If you think that i don't know what happens in the inquisition, then you are sadly mistaken." the inquisitress said.

"Now i can assure you on the emperor's life that they're either going to kill me, or sacrifice me to the emperor to feed him since i am a psyker. or if you sisters prefer, "witch". If you can sit here and tell me to entrust my life to a bunch of corrupt inquisitors who seek nothing but removal of my existence, then you are as blind to any kind of logic as your faith is strong to the emperor. Now, you have two options, listening to my orders as i have proven nothing but aid to these fellows around me." she said, gesturing to the locals, or i will kindly and respectfully ask you sisters to leave the build and return to your shuttle, reporting with your results and returning with the inquisitor or witch hunter who ordered me to be brought in so this can be conducted on neutral grounds." Solara replied, waiting for the responce, hands on her sides.

The ride had been pretty uneventful, a few minor things that didn't amount to anything worthy of memory, till there was a crash and the Dread called for a tightening of the line, and the Guardsmen, acting like every Guardsmen she'd ever seen. As Urd took in the situation, a Genestealer tried, and failed to sneak up on her, as she rather dismissively blasted it was a bolt from one of her Plasma Gauntlets.

Urd cracked her neck, slid the face mask of her helm into place, draw her axes, spread her wings, and lunged at the xeno, the screech the Souring Hawk flight suits where known for echoing through the trees as she brought one axe to bear on a Genestealer, the relative small creature being cut in two. Urd tore through one after another, no blow wasted, no foe needing a second strike, Urd how ever had a goal in mind, these unworthy beasts where between them and Solara as such she was going for the assumed leader of this group, once she was sure she had a clear shot at it she darted upward then, dived on the Tyranid Warrior, landing hard on the shoulders of its main arms, and driving into the ground. before the beast had time to react she drove both her axes into into its main arms, severing them as well as sinking them both into the ground far enough for them to stand up on they're own.

A few more Genestealers turned back and attacked Urd but where quickly gunned down, but that gave the Warrior enough time to throw her off and try to spit some kind of bio acid at her, however Urd righted her self in the air and shot out its knees before diving on it once more, this time to finish it. While it struggled to stand Urd grabbed it around the head and neck, and with a little effort and a really hard jerk away from the beast, she ripped its head clean off, and threw it and another Xeno before reclaiming her axes and with drawing to the roof of the Rhino, where the reason for her sudden with draw became apparent when she vented her suit of a potentially dangerous build up of heat.

Lith

Lith had been sound asleep when the little convoy lurched to a halt. The next thing she knew she was up, awake, and on the firing line with the Kasrkin; her plasma gun hot in her hands.

"KASRKIN HOLDING, MORE INCOMING! LET'S SHOW THESE BOLT-LOVERS HOW A KASRKIN FIGHTS!"

Lacing several shots into the seething mass, she grinned as brilliant flares of plasma fire tore holes in the bugs. Last shot...make it count. Sure she had more flasks back in the Rhino, but there was so time to fuck about reloading the damned PG. She was about to blast one Warrior, when Urd dropped out of the sky and proceeded to butcher the creature like a grox going to slaughter. "Damn...that girl is having far too much fun." She muttered.

As the fire from the others kept mulching the waves of genestealers, she saw several more Warriors lumbering towards their position. Licking her lips, she sighted up on the closest one. "Come to momma." The bolt of energy flashed across the battlespace, striking the beast square in the chest. One blinding flash later it fell dead, a hole in its chest big enough for a Marine to stand in. Transitioning to her Lasgun, she added her fire to the others. "BURN THE XENOS!"

"By the Emperor and all the Lord of Terra..." She muttered in amazement moments later, as she saw the Dreadnought start cutting a swath of utter destruction into the swarm.

Egerion

He was impressed with these new Guardsmen. He had had Guard support on other missions, and he had heard of Kasrkin prior to this, but watching them in action, he could see why they were so highly regarded.

"Lentra, switch out with Polis and Polis, get on the multi-las. Open it up! Cut the genestealers down! Urai, to the front, keep them from reaching us. Until then, start hucking frags! Sergi, aim for that concentration on the right, if they hit the Dreadnought, he'll fall under a thousand claws!"

He was about to open fire with his bolters, when an ammunition status alert popped up. Blast it...less than a hundred rounds. He knew he could burn though that in moments. Guess it is time to test the new arm. Stepping free of the APCs, he vox'd Sgt Keal. "I appreciate your concern sergeant, but I am not about to die because of some fucking BUGS!" Las-fire zipped past him as he headed into the on rushing mass; it cut down most of the genestealers that got close, and the ones that the fire missed got pulverized by Egerion.

Stooping slightly as he moved, he snatched up a shattered tree trunk in each 'hand', using them to carve a swath through the genestealers. After a las-shot or two hit the trunks, the turned into massive flaming brands, the fire causing the massed hordes of genestealers to disperse a bit as they tried to avoid burning. Using the trees to extend his reach, he cause considerable damage, but was forced to drop them as the fire consumed the wood. Off to one side he caught the sight of Lieutenant Urd tearing a Tyranid Warrior to pieces, while a bolt of plasma fire killed another one. Setting his sights on a third such creature, he made straight for it.

By and large the genestealers seemed to be ignoring him, focusing their attention on the two APCs and their occupants. The remaining Warrior...correction, the TWO remaining Warriors on the other hand turned to engage him. With suprising agility, he was able to avoid the worst of the enemy's fire, getting hit by nothing more than some minor splash damage. The logic engine reported the acidic splatters had penetrated his armour at a few points, but so far nothing critical was in danger.

Grabbing a passing genestealer, he threw it at the closest Warrior, buying himself enough time to close in and rip its 'gun' away. Once he was at point blank he grabbed it by the throat, and with the new CCW Sana had made for him earlier, he beat the creature in the head until its face collapsed. The other Warrior screamed at him and charged, firing as it closed. Using the dead one to take the brunt of the fire, he waited until the living one leapt at him before he dodged out of the way.

Too close. He thought as new damage indicators made themselves know. The final Warrior seemed to have misjudged its attack, and had gotten itself hung up in a small remaining thicket of trees...but that wouldn't hold it for long. Releasing the dead Warrior's throat, he then grasped it by its lower legs, and with all his power he smashed it into the other one. Again and again he struck, until there was nothing left or either creature but mangled flesh, chunks of carapace, and rapidly dissolving wood pulp. Tearing a pair of scythe-like talons from the mess, Egerion continued to move about cutting large numbers of genestealers down with each swipe. "Their numbers seem fewer and fewer." He vox'd. "It must have only been a probing attack....we should move."

"Like hell we can move." Sana replied over the vox. "there's two rollers here that cold welded together. I need to replace them before we can get this chimera moving again." sana explained as her mechandrites grabbed the replacements off the side of the chimera. She then set to work dealing with the two stuck in the apc.

Watching the 'nids thin out, Momaru got another bad feeling in his gut. "This doesn't seem right. an assault concentrated so heavily on one side. It's like they wanted us to draw over to the side to leave our flank..." he said, turning around to see a lictor sailing through the air towards the center of the group. "LADY SANA!" Momaru shouted and moved quickly. His hammer was already leaving his back and in mid swing as the lictor was coming down.

there was a massive crack as the hammer connected with the dead center of the lictor's chest plate. "Alright you son of a bitch, let's do this." Momaru said as the creature flew backwards. The terminator leaned forward with hammer in hands and charged in a sprint that no-one would believe had the story been told later. he let out a war as he charged the 'nid, the creature bringing down a massive talon to try and stop him, but momaru countering with a precise swing of the hammer. The hammer connected and released another crack, shattering the talon as the terminator slid to a stop beyond the soon-to-be-corpse, coming to a rest facing it.

Waiting for the creature to get back up, minus 1 talon, momaru was ready. "Come on, make my day..." he said, waiting for the lictor to charge him, which it did not disappoint. Returning in kind, momaru charged the lictor and the two were moving full speed towards one another. The lictor arched out his remaining talon and momaru swung the hammer, shattering it and connecting with the creatures head following it. there was yet another sickening crack ringing out as plates broke and the lictor was stunned and in pain.

The creature's body now turning, he extended the claws on his powerfist, jamming it into the thing's side and impaling it on them. With a sudden stop, the terminator tossed the half alive and crippled body of the lictor into the air. He swung his hammer with his free arm and the hammer's head connected with the creature mid air, at its direct middle, where the previous wounds were. the beast rode the hammer to the ground where the electrical discharge exploded the creature's two halves. Both half of the corpse winding up fifty feet opposite one another.

Momaru pulled the hammer from the mess and began walking back towards the group, as if he was walking back from the bathroom.

"Vym, please show yourself to these nice young ladies."

Vym heard orders and was happy to listen. Walking outside slowly as he spies the forces in the front. Getting a clear view of how many they have, as well as how heavily arm they were. Twitching as he couldn't wait for the orders to tear into his latest victims of the day. His fingers flexing, as he spies the one in the front. Always order to kill the leaders first as he glares at her with pure raging hate.

Most of the ride for Dante had been sat in silence, only occasionally talking to Solara in asking her to change direction so they were on course towards Solara; until there was a sudden and horrible halt. Poking his head through the top hatch, Dante could see a host of Tyranids heading straight towards them. Everyone else had already made it outside, and the sounds of lasgun and plasma fire could be heard all around.

As he stepped out of the Rhino, Dante saw that the squadron of Kasrkins including Lithian were literally mowing down Genestealers by the handful. Captain Micus was cutting a bloody swath through the Genestealers as well, and when he was finished, found an inventive use for a tree against a Tyranid Warrior or two. Then there was Urd flying about tearing into the Tyranids with her Power Axes.

It appeared as though they had the situation under control, until Dante could see another wave burst through the treeline from the north. It was comprised of Hormagaunts, their bounding leaps meant they covered up ground fast. As he began to hurl bolts of psychic energy, Dante could feel another presence in the area, but it was trying it's best to remain hidden, and as such, the Psyker had trouble in finding out where it was.

When a few of the Gaunts were getting close to be within striking distance, Dante began sending out waves of arcing energy with the aid of his spear-staff. This had the effect of either killing some and knocking back others, but it looked as though the numbers were growing, or were they? Dante couldn't tell, something was throwing off his concentration. With the situation growing as it was, if he didn't do something soon, he'd be overwhelmed. So Dante began to breathe deep, his mouth glowing with a strange purple light.

Moments later, a banshee like howl could be heard.

In an instant, many of the Hormagaunts simply dropped down dead, as their "minds" imploded in on themselves. Those that were fortunate enough to survive would have heard a terrible screeching noise in their heads, and began turning tail and fled. Whatever the other psychic presence was also backing off, as the signal was growing fainter.

Arcor
Arcor's head turned towards the door and the troopers around the room readjusted their aims again.

A muffled voice came through the door, but his enhanced hearing was good enough to pick out the words clearly "By order of the Emperor, open the gate. This Retributor Karr of The Adeptus Sororitas and I request an audience with whomever leads this defense force."

Arcor stood up and began walking towards the door, then he paused as saw the Inquisitor order the others to open it. He saw one of the troopers hit the switch, and it slid open.

Arcor began sweating on the inside as he thought on what Solara was saying, what if she was tainted, what if he was tainted now. As they talked he slowly slid his hands onto his sword and his plasma pistol, thinking of the chance of needing to open fire on either group now.

As the Inquisitor began to walk towards the hallway, he advanced on the two groups again.
The Inquisitor stopped as the Retributor spoke, before coaxing the Eversor from the shadows.

He moved to a spot equal distance from the Sororitas and the inquisitor, away from the Eversor.
He couldn't really think of anything to say, so he waited, ready to kill if he had to.

Helena brow furled and a frown formed on her face. How a witch had made it that far in the Inquisitorial ranks was beyond her. Balancing on a razor's edge and tipping further everyday. She thought letting her hand fall back to her side. Her eye's flicked to the creature that had just emerged. It was unlike anything she had ever seen. Considering it's Imperial symbols along it's armor and that he followed this witch provided her with two possibilities: Either this was the member of the witch's companions that she had mentioned or a Imperial agent that had been twisted by the Warp and the witch was already tainted.

Either way she would have her hands full now. The witch she could handle, a few well placed Bolter shells and she would live; minus an arm and a leg maybe and heavily bandaged but alive. This thing was another story. "What is that thing witch?" All pretense of politeness leaving her. "Is this some twisted creature of the warp that you brought back with you? Or something you've summoned since you've returned?" She asked watching the twitching creature.

"This is an eversor assassin, of the eversor assassin clade, one of the temples of the Officio assassinorum. i cannot speak as to how he was created as i don't know myself. They're used in missions where silence is not key, in the breaking of enemy moral completely and leaving a trail of death behind them, no survivors. And while i am a psyker, i am a sanctioned one, by the Ordo Herecticus none the less. My mother kept me from the black ships as her apprentice, cause of my level."

The inquisitor let the silence fall out over the room. She knew that the sisters knew very well the grading levels of "The Assignment". "When my mother first found me, i was rated at an alpha plus grade. Now as i'm matured and my abilities controlled, i'm closer to being an alpha." she said, the air between her fingers crackling with golden lightning, very much like the saints described in the adeptus sorotitas history on the data slates.

"I don't care if you stay or go, but i'm not going anywhere until these people are safe. I promised them i'd do my best to keep them safe, you're trying to undermine that currently. Now we are all members of the imperium in here, and there's a whole horde of bugs outside these walls. if you're willingly going to leave these people with the odds of death likely, then the emperor will stop shining upon you as you're betraying all he was trying to protect." she said, closing her fist and letting the words sink in.

Helena's eye went wide now. She had had classes where a Sister would describe hunting down an Alpha Plus Psyker. Those Sisters could only still be loosely considered human anymore, more servitors tasked with teaching Novice's what dangers they would face. Once again she looked towards the creature...the Eversor. If this....thing was here, then the Fleet wasn't far from employing more....extreme measures. Helena hesitated now. She wasn't equipped to deal with a threat of this level.

Helena hesitated. If this witch is telling the truth, then only the xeno's have a chance of killing her in a head on fight. And She's too much of a fool to come along. She looked back at her Sister's. A few had expressions of rage on their faces, some terror. Most a mixture of both.

"If you're willingly going to leave these people with the odds of death likely, then the emperor will stop shining upon you as you're betraying all he was trying to protect." Thar did it. No more miss nice Sister. "You dare try to coerce me with the Emperor's light?" She spoke quietly. "You dare, witch, to say I walk away from protecting innocent's. Look around you! Xeno's are attacking the planet! Genestealer's and Green Skins! We were lucky The Fleet hasn't resorted to it's big guns yet. And now the warp has spit out a wreck of a Space Hulk, your ship! For all we know this entire planet is now a threat to the entire sector! And you want to save a handful of people! Will these people save the sector from being over run? Will these people stop you from sucking the entire planet into the open maw of whatever waits beyond the Warp if you are tainted?"

"No they won't. And if your are an Inquisitor you should know this more than anyone here. I am trying to save millions be bringing you back to the Fleet, while you insist on protecting how many? A hundred? A few dozen?" She asked gesturing at the defenders of the citadel. She was furious, she wanted to end this witch now. But reason took hold once more. "We will give you some time to make your choice. All of you." She spoke now to the defenders." Will you take the chance? The chance that this witch is still sane enough to save you?" She turned back to Solara. "Or will you come with us willingly witch? On the fleet if your are found clean then you will have the power to save more than these people." She told Solara once more. "I suggest you let the Eversor go back to slaughtering Zeno's. He may not be able to hold much longer." She warned turning and leaving the citadel, her Sisters following behind.

They stopped about 50 yards away from the gate and took shelter among the ruins that dotted the area. "Be ready Sister's for any threat that approaches, whether it comes from the gate or the Xeno's." She called readying her own Heavy Bolter.

Solara was sick of these blind zealots. She was about to turn her back on them, but felt a massive surge in the presence of the warp. Her weapons being drawn and her body setting into motion. "EVERYONE!" shouted as she began to sprint. "'Nids incomming! if what's coming through these doors isn't human, it shouldn't be standing another step past the door!" she ordered and turned to Vym as she was passing him. "Kill all xenos assaulting the fort, search and destroy!" she ordered the eversor.

Once out into the air, she spotted Helena. "SISTER! Order your girls into the fortress, i'll covered your retreat!" she ordered. But before the retributor could respond, a series of warriors burst forth from the ground infront of Solara. A jab of her powerspear, one was down. The other two tried to charge solara, but she took a knee instead. Planting her spear firmly into the ground, golden warp lightning bolts shot from it and chained to the two warriors. They twitched before both corpses crumbled into ash.

"MOVE, NOW!" she shouted, dashing forwards as a wave of tyrranids surged forth from the remaining forest. Landing on a fortification, Solara took a look at it. it was like a living sea of purple as the creatures surged towards the fortress. She sheathed her sword and firmly grasped the spear. Waiting for the charging wave to get closer, she once again planted the staff. "closer... closer.... not yet...." she commented, and when the wave was as close as a football field, she made her move.

"YOU.. SHALL.. NOT PASS!" she shouted, a massive wall of golden brilliance rising up from the ground about 50 yards out, fanning out for two hundred yards in either direction. then came the horrible crackling noises as the nids plowed through the wall, turning to ash on the other side.

As sana finished repairing the rhino, the rest of the crew loaded up into both vehicles. They began the treck towards the fortress once more and within due time, got close, but not there.

"WOAH!" Sana shouted, skidding the rhino to the side, the group stopping as the massive golden barrier appeared a short ways off above the remaining treeline. "We've found her!" shouted the Techpriest, over the vox as well the rear cabin. "But we need to get to her first, and there's a bunch of Nids between us an our goal." she reported. That's when some of the nids trickling off the main pack began to move towards the group. "BUCKEL UP EVERYONE, WE'RE GOING IN!" she shouted, deciding that they'd charge forward through to the fortress. Then she punched it as hard as the apc could pump it out.

Arcor
"Shit, shit, shit."
He sprinted back to the line, took cover, and began yelling orders.
"Floodlights on! Hit the alarm! And shut the door when the sisters are in!"
He pulled his new lasgun off his back and crouched behind the sandbags.
"Don't open fire until I give the order, they get in, or I drop!"
He flicked through the channels of his microbead giving orders to his squad.
"Vicarious, arm yourself and hold in the med bay until I say otherwise."
"Rain, bugs incoming, bring a bunker buster and munitions."
"Sar, bugs incoming, lock yourself in and keep working."
"JUN. DUSK. WAKE THE FUCK UP AND GET DOWN HERE!"
He flicked his bayonet from its resting position and rechecked his gun, ready to kill.

"Emperor damn this Xeno filth! Move Sister's! No Reason for us to die yet!" She called to her Sister's as they began to make their way back to the citadel. They ran as fast as they could, none wished to be caught in the wave of genestealers approaching the compound. She stopped at the gate urging her Sister's in before her. When the last of her squad made it inside the gate she turned back. "Now witch in..." She began as Solara unleashed a wall of what seemed to be pure energy. By The Emperor....this witch is far to powerful to let run free. She thought before turning and heading in herself. Hopefully one of the genestealers would catch her from behind. For now though, Helena was powerless to provide assistance.

Once Solara gave him the orders to kill all the xeno around the area he went into action. Jumping at the nearest Tyranid that came up from the ground. Tackling it as he quickly does a strike against the xeno head. Taking off a good chunk of it off, killing the beast. Vym would get up but a warrior came up behind him and stab him through his shoulder trying to pin him down.

Vym, held his ground laugh as he pull the tip off and turn around. Slamming it into the Warrior face, blinding him in one eye. Grabbing his bolter as he put it under the Warrior chin and fires. Blasting his face off as he moves on to the next xeno. Clearing and leaving a bloody wake of death behind him.

"BUCKLE UP EVERYONE, WE'RE GOING IN!"

Marc twisted in his seat and looked at Keal. The soldiers were still battle-worn and tired, but the Engineseers shout across the vox woke him. Keal listened in and was quickly confused. Charge through a horde? In this shit-scrap? Keal keyed his vox.

"Soldiers, don't be stupid. Follow the Rhino or the Dreadnought in, whoever goes first. Get the multi-las spinning, only run them over as a last defence. This gak has gone mad, don't break our only way in. The rest of you, open up the firing ports. Let las rain!"

The Chimera roared and kicked into life, trailing in the wake of the Rhino. Keal shook his head.

Idiots.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked