Apocalypse (Game Thread : Closed, Dead)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 21 NEXT

Lith

When the Rhino stopped, Lith stuck her head out of the top hatch to see what was going on. Even at this distance, the wall of energy caused the hair on her head to tingle with a familiar sensation. It's her...THAT could only be her. She grinned.

"BUCKLE UP EVERYONE, WE'RE GOING IN!"

Wrapping her hands around the grips of the Storm Bolter, she braced for the charge, only to have the Rhino stop suddenly again. "WHAT TH-" Her shout was cut short as she saw the Dreadnought take the lead, still carrying his pieces of 'Nid, with the Chimera between them.

With that they were off again, weapons blazing as the convoy made its mad dash for the base. After that it was all just an adrenaline fuelled blur of roaring engines, weapons fire, and profanity.
-----
The next thing Lith knew, she was sitting atop 'their' rather battered Rhino inside the base, surrounded by a few civilians, some Mechanicus troops, and a group of Soroitas. Surveying the area, she was unable to spot Solara. Now where is that girl? I know she's close...fuck it. Dropping to the ground she approached the closest person, a S.o.B. Retributor. Out of sheer force of habit, she saluted. "M'lady, I am Sergeant Ortona, Cadian 112th Shock Troop. I am looking for Inquisitor Solara Draco; I am a member of her retinue...her emergency transmitter said she was here."

Egerion

He was not exactly overjoyed at the sight before him. Massed waves of Tyranids were swarming their objective, and...

"BUCKLE UP EVERYONE, WE'RE GOING IN!"

"ENGINESEER SANA STOP NOW!" He barked through the vox. "Line ahead formation, I'll lead. Sgt Brathen keep your Chimera in the middle; Sana you are the rear guard. If the Chimera breaks down, evac the Kasrkin to the Rhino, I will NOT waste lives needlessly." Striding ahead, Egerion listened as the two APCs sorted themselves out.

Still grasping the talons, he broke into a lumbering run. Switching to an Inquisitorial vox channel he began broadcasting. "This is Ancient Egerion Micus, Deathwatch Captain to Inquisitor Solara. We are two mikes from your position, approaching rapidly from the South. We are low on ammo, can your psykers punch us a hole?"

"I'll...see...what I can do..."

The little convoy was spitting death in a dozen different directions, and carving up good numbers of Tyranids...but it would only delay the inevitable. Out front, Egerion was scything large groups of Tyranids with each swing. Come on...we can not last long here.

Suddenly the golden barrier collapsed, and pulse of energy washed over the battlefield. Sparks jumped across metallic surfaces, the skin of everyone on board tingled with the brush of power...and every Tyranid collapsed, screaming.

"Quick...quickly...they'll be back up soon."

Tearing across the remaining distance, the bases main doors slid wider as the convoy reached them, before returning thier previous position just as the Rhino cleared the threshold. Dropping the chunks of Tyranid in a corner, he surveyed the convoy. Both APCs showed gouges and acid burns from near misses, but fortunately there had been no direct hits. His own chassis was in much the same state; dirty, scared, and burned, but still functional.

"...I am looking for Inquisitor Solara Draco; I am a member of her retinue...her emergency transmitter said she was here."

"Though not part of the Inquisitor's retinue, I too would like to speak to her." He said, looming over the two women.

Sana, being frightened half to death and gripping the controls so hard she was denting them, finally let go and opened up a vox channel to Egerion. "the hell was that? if we hadn't had the inquisitor we'd all be dead right now!" she scolded him, knowing it was the truth as a genestealer had lept up on the upper hatch and had to be shot off by the crew.

"and the inquisitor? i don't know how the hell you guys missed the massive beacon of golden light standing ontop of a pile of fortifications outside." she pointed out over the local vox channels.

Both lith and Egerion would turn to see her, shining in golden light as she began to build up for another attack.

Solara was in pain from the last stunn, but she was gathering up energy as the nids slowly began to come back to attention. "You... shall not... harm... ANYONE!" she shouted and unleashed the attack. in the center of the mass, a massive explosion of warp energy occurred. it sent the masses of nids into the air and chained golden lightning between them.

Mid air, time seemed to slow down. However, the explosion was violent enough initially to cause a void in the air. soon enough, the mass of nids all collapsed into the the center, a secondary explosion of golden lightning and dust as all the creatures simultaneously lost their existence in the warp.

Solara was breathing heavily and struggling to continue to stand. She tried her best to make it down to the ground and actually did, staggering a bit. She opened a vox to Vym, not feeling well. "Hey... Vym... mind bringing me inside... i don't feel too go...." she said as the nose bleed set in and she collapsed to the ground, the powers having taken a toll on her. Meanwhile, the remaining nids were reeling from the attack on the psychic connections and retreating from the area.

Vym was finishing off a Tyranid warrior as he was stabbing his claws into its eye sockets. Digging around as he destroy the beast's brain. Pulling his claws out as he toss the creature aside like used trash. When he was about to go on more of a killing spree a golden light pass him. Either killing any still living Tyranids or making them flee.

Vym was ready to give chase when Solara call him back. Letting out a rage scream as he heads back. He was cover in blood, both the enemies and his own. He took wounds this time due to the numbers of attackers though nothing to slow him down. Once he gets near Solara, if she was still awake, she could see that he was wounded. A large hole over his right shoulder from a Warrior talon. A few bite marks cover his body from the Hormagaunt attack.

Though for the Eversor these were just flesh wounds that hardly slow him down. He would pick his leader up and carry her inside. Twitching all the while as he made his way inside. Stopping as he notice they had more potential victims inside. Eyeing each of them up as he was ready to kill if the orders were given or if they attack.

Helena sighed as the last of the Genestealer wave fell. She lowered the still smoking barrel of her Bolter from the edge of the rampart. And now for the witch. She thought as she and her Sister's climbed down from the fortifications. She was making her way out of the gate as a Sister she didn't recognize approached her.

"M'lady, I am Sergeant Ortona, Cadian 112th Shock Troop. I am looking for Inquisitor Solara Draco; I am a member of her retinue...her emergency transmitter said she was here." The woman spoke. Helena scowled and glared. First the witch, now this impostor! And also from the Warp. The shuttle back may be crowded. She thought. She opened her mouth to reprimand the woman wearing Sororitas armor when the ground shook. For a moment she thought it was going to be aanother wave of Xeno's. Then the Dreadnaught walked through the gate.

"Though not part of the Inquisitor's retinue, I too would like to speak to her.". Once again Helena's eye widened. A Dreadnaught, one of the most powerful and respected unit able to be deployed by any branch of the Space Marines. And he was asking after the Witch. Good, maybe I'll have an easier time getting the Witch to come back.

She shifted a glare to the woman. "You I'll deal with in a moment." She turned back to the Dreadnaught and bowed her head in reverence. "My Lord Dreadnaught, I am glad to see one of your stature. The 'Inquisitor' as she insists on calling herself is currently returning from the field of battle. She was a the source of light. She and this...." She said gesturing to the woman next to him. "Woman, have just emerged from the warp and I have been tasked with bringing the 'Inquisitor' back to the fleet for examination and questioning. I will also bring this woman with me. No sense in leaving a potential threat here on the planet."

Helena sighed. "Unfortunately the 'Inquisitor' insists on staying here to 'protect' these people. She will not listen to reason." She looked to the gate. "There she is." Helena said as the Eversor carried the exhausted Witch through the door. "As you can see on top of being possibly tainted by the warp she is also an Alpha Plus psyker and has somehow enticed an Eversor into her service. I would not take the chance to have my Sister's martyr themselves so needlessly." She shook her head and looked up to the Dreadnaught. "I am at a loss for what to do. With planetary coms down I have no way to contact the fleet of this information and I dare not return empty handed."

Keal waited for the Chimera to stop before he gave the order to dismount. They were apparently safe, but he still ordered his men to stand guard and provide overwatch for the various soldiers around. The Inquisitor was still fighting a pysker battle out the front, bending the warp to her own will. Keal just shook his head to clear a headache and spat out a curse under his breath. He turned and walked up to the Rhino, pulling open the hatch. He looked straight at Sana,

"Are you fucking crazy?! What the hell was that failure of intelligence back there? Charge right through a thick horde of 'Nids and expect a group of vehicles to survive, not to mention a shitty, broken Chimera? How the hell have you survived this far, with a mind for fights like that? In what kind of mind does the idea of CHARGING through a horde enlist as a better idea than using the various guns, cannons and weapons of the vehicles? Or, you know, waiting for the bolts to carve a path? You endangered everyone back there, and frankly, I don't think my Kasrkin are going to go out of their way to help someone who put them in direct danger. You claim to be smart and know the fucking world about machines and everything you could ever want, and yet a lowly foot-slogger thinks through a problem better than you? Next time, just throw yourself into the horde, don't throw the rest of us in too, rustbucket.

"BUCKLE UP EVERYONE, WE'RE GOING IN!" Shouted Sana from behind the driver's seat of the Rhino. Seeing what she was going to do, Dante grabbed a hold of something sturdy as the Rhino soon picked up speed and charged straight towards the fortress; though there was a momentary stop, looking through one of the side port holes, Dante could make out the form of Captain Micus still carrying what was left of a Tyranid in his claw moving on ahead with the Chimera transport behind him.

As they got within about fifty or so yards of the fortress base, Dante could feel a strange tingling sensation across his body, and the hair on the back of his neck stand up on end. This usually told him of one thing, it was that Solara had used an exceptionally powerful psychic ability. Eventually though they managed to get within the base perimeters, and now Dante was walking about searching for any signs of their commanding officer.

Dante soon saw her standing atop some fortifications, her form glowing with a golden light. Mere seconds later, Solara's body pulsed with the golden light and Dante was nearly knocked back the effects of the blast had he not planted his staff into the ground to attack as support. As quick as he could he rushed over to Solara who appeared to have collapsed from the power of that blast. When he arrived however, he was met with a peculiar sight.

It was that of a mam he presumed, wearing a set of black body armour with a bone white skull over the face. The figure was covered in blood, that of the Tyranids and what appeared to be human in nature, which was made more obvious with the several wounds dotted across the body. After a moment to analyze what lay before him, Dante realised what "it" was.

As Dante approached, the Eversor Assassin looked at him with a slightly murderous intent, which was natural for that particular branch of the Officio Assassinorum. After conducting a brief search of the berserker's mind, Dante sensed a connection between the Eversor and Solara; it was as if she managed to talk to it.

Trying his luck, Dante tried to begin a conversation.

"Hello? Can you understand me Eversor? Listen to my words, I know the minds of you Eversors are a bit of a chaotic mess, but you have to believe in what I am saying. I am not a threat to you or to Inquisitor Solara, as part of her retinue, I am duty bound to assist her." Dante said in a calm voice, hoping his psychic influence would help the assassin understand.

Urd laughed as the IG snapped at the Tech Priest "Oh grow a pair already." she said as she walked past them, following Dante toward Solara, and called for Lith to fallow, though hung back a bit while Dante attempted to speak to the Eviscerater. Urd had heard of them, though this was her first time seeing one. While Dante talked she looked around a bit, the dread was speaking to some sister from Her Martyred Lady, not that the order mattered, she pretty much knew they where going to be a problem instantly. "Today just keeps getting better and better" her tone clearly annoyed though not really aimed at any one.

Sana listened to the rant and let the words process though her head. Her head tried to control itself, but it just sorta snapped. Her face twisted up as pure rage and hatred boiled through to the surface. "I... know.. the capabilities of my vehicle... you... useless guardsmen fucks, i've done everything to try and make myself more pleasing to be around... i'm happy and cheerful.. there with my should for any of you if you lose a friend... I have done NOTHING but help you... but if you're going to sit here and tell me that we should have waded through nids instead of charging through, you are nothing but a complete and fucking trench footed idiot." she said, as calm as can be, almost to the point where it was a sort of insane calm.

"I made a choice to run the gauntlet as fast as the rhino could go. without having you slowing us down in that shitcan of an apc, the rhino would have made it through in one piece. Had it not been for that inquisitor stunning those nids we all would have died of being swarmed since we weren't moving quick enough... now if you have any sort of dignity, self respect or a conscious, you will go thank that girl when she wakes up, because i will." she said and walked off into the fortress, looking for some skitarii she could talk to.

Solara groaned, half conscious. "hehe... these guys are cool vym... just get me to Lith... and hey dante..." she said, the blood from her nose flowing alarmingly quick. "I... I feel sleepy..." she said, fading in and out of consciousness in the psycho's arms.

Momaru looked around, he saw a set of Adeptus Sororitas and egerion approaching one, who he took as the head. "Ladies, not everything from the warp is tainted. And judging by the circumstances we found everyone in, you're in no real position to be moving anywhere." He said, towering over them. "Myself and Egerion here are each from the warp after being lost during the time of the crusades." the terminator explained to them. "Yet, we remain untainted. However, i would like to hear both sides of this story prior to making any decisions of my own."

"Call me a trench foot all you want, scrap, at least I could have fought my way through there. Fighting is a hell of a lot surer than praying to the Emperor for a xeno to not clog the tracks. But you probably don't understand a lot, servitor."

Keal turned and walked back over to his men. He kept the scowl on his face, cursing the crazy engineseer as he keyed the vox and sent a message to Micus.

"Ancient, in light of recent actions, I'd rather not stick around a few of these idiots. My orders are to support you, so I would rather fulfil them and get to fighting something worth fighting. What are you orders? I understand that the Inquisitor caused that light-show out front, so what's her status?"

Keal walked up to the Sister's, looking up from his vox, "Excuse me, Sisters, do any of you know where the Inquisitor is? I've been busy dealing with a peace of scrap that should have been turned into a Chimera long ago."

Lith

Her laspistol cleared the holster in one fluid movement. The sights fell easily into place, dead center of the Sister's face while she continued to bitch. A slight bit of pressure on the trigger, and it broke smoothly; a crimson bolt flashed across the gap between the two women, and a thumb sized hole appeared in the Sister's head. The body crumbling to the ground, she smiled and took aim again.

Lith closed her eyes and shook her head. That REALLY wouldn't help things...but it would be satisfying. The more this Sister talked, the more Lith wanted to hurt her. Why did I never see this before...blind fucking morons, the lot of them.

Hearing Urd call for her, she threw the Sister a rather obscene Cadian hand gesture as she walked off; roughly translated it meant 'Your Father was a Cultist'.

"Today just keeps getting better and better."

Falling in beside Urd, she chuckled. "Ain't that the fuckin' truth." Hearing Dante's voice, she looked over to see something crouched over Solara. Her first instinct was to blast whatever the fuck it was into little bits...but her training prevailed and she held her fire. Palms open towards the...man...she slowly approached, until she was standing beside Dante. "My name is Lithian, this is Dante, and the woman with the wings is Urd. We are all friends of Inquisitor Solara...we do not wish to hurt you." GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER! "I know she just used a lot of power back there, and I would like to see that she is okay...can I come over?" I SWEAR IF YOU'VE HURT HER I WILL MAKE YOUR DEATH TAKE CENTURIES!

Egerion

Everyone seemed to be talking at once, and it was getting them nowhere. "ENOUGH!" He barked, causing the whole bay to fall silent for a moment. "Firstly, Brother Sergeant Momaru; while it is good to find someone who remembers the old ways, and I am most grateful for the help from yourself and Engineseer Sana, this is not your concern. Tend to your Lady, Brother."

Turning his attention back to the Sister and the Kasrkin, he took stock. "Since I am the senior officer, as of this moment the Inquisitor is no longer your worry Sister. I have questions for the Inquisitor as well, and I mean to see them answered. That said, I would appreciate it if I could count on you and your Sisters if the need should arise."

Watching the Inquisitor's retinue out of the corner of his optics, he addressed Sgt Brathen. "I commend you on a job well done Sergeant. The Kasrkin live up to everything I have heard about them, and I am hoping I can rely on your support if needed; but in the mean time, see if you can track down a long range transmitter I can tap into...we must make contact with the Fleet."

"Ladies, not everything from the warp is tainted. And judging by the circumstances we found everyone in, you're in no real position to be moving anywhere. Myself and Egerion here are each from the warp after being lost during the time of the crusades. Yet, we remain untainted. However, i would like to hear both sides of this story prior to making any decisions of my own."

Helena nearly gasped and bent down to her knee. Her Sister's were not far behind. "My lords! Forgive my words, I did not realize I spoke with one's whom have served the Emperor for so long." Helena barely looked up. "And I know my lords, but the risk that she might have been infected with something is too great to ignore. Compounded with her power it would be disastrous if she were."

"Since I am the senior officer, as of this moment the Inquisitor is no longer your worry Sister. I have questions for the Inquisitor as well, and I mean to see them answered. That said, I would appreciate it if I could count on you and your Sisters if the need should arise."

Helena sighed again, ignoring the woman's gesture. I pray He can see more reason than the Witch can. She looked back at her Sister's. They all looked at her. Some were still glaring at the Witch or the Impostor. Most shared the look that she knew was stuck on her face, one of annoyance and exasperation.

She followed after Egerion. "Unfortunately Lord. My hands are tied. My orders are from the highest in my order. And all they asked was that she could be examined and questioned. Should everything be found to be in order, she will be granted a full force of her own, possibly my self included, should she so wish. I have tried explaining and yet she insists on protecting these people. It is too much of a risk to leave someone as powerful as her without examination. Especially if she wants to protect other's." She stopped after a few more steps. "I will not interfere with your questioning of the 'Inquisitor' Lord, but I ask you try and get her to see reason. I fear my superiors may not wait too long before they resort to more....drastic measures of protecting the sector." She told Egerion before she turned and walked back to her Sister's.

As Vym was waiting for orders, he would see Dante walking towards him. Trying to talk to him calmly but it was hardly working as he continues to stare with pure hate at him. He just wanted to rip his jaws off and slam it down someone throat and watch them choke PRAISE THE EMPEROR! , but that will have to wait as he listen to Solara about not killing them. "Help!? The only help we need is the Emperors! praise him! PRAISE HIM!"

Quieting down a bit as he see a newcomer walking up to him. Hearing she was called lith as she explains herself. Twitching as he walks forward and gets face first up to her. Handing over Solara as he said in a creepy low tone. "Friend..." Once she has Solara he would take a few steps back. Watching over the group like a wolf watching his prey.

Lith

"Help!? The only help we need is the Emperors! Praise him! PRAISE HIM!"

And I thought the Sisters were zealots... Tensing, a hand slid down to the grip of her laspistol.

"Friend..."

"That was one of the creepiest things I've seen." She muttered, looking between Dante and Urd. "And that's saying something." Carrying Solara away from the Eversor, Lith took her back to the Rhino, laying her out on the floor. Tearing into the Rhino's medi-kits, she set about stemming the flow of blood from Solara's nose, and well as tending to the multitude of minor blood vessel ruptures.

Having done all she could, she sat on the floor, Solara's head resting on her armoured lap. Looking up, she spotted the Eldar nearby. "It'd best if you found a locker or something to hide in." She said, running a hand through the psykers hair. "I don't give two shits what happens to you, but if those Sisters spot you, they'll gank us all on sight."

Solara was fading in and out of consciousness, but was relaxing in Lith's arms. "I don't give two shits what happens to you, but if those Sisters spot you, they'll gank us all on sight."
"Hehe... they'd have to... go through me. and with her... access to the black library... i have a real reason... to keep her." Solara said, a small grin crossing her face. the psyker was worn out, but she still had time and energy for Lith, she always would have.

"Those... bitches out there..." she began, closing her eyes an swallowing, having a bit of difficulty doing so, but doing it none the less. "They're giving me a hard time about not being pure, or calling me "tainted". stupid zealous fucks..." she said, seriously for the first time in a while she had been this way.

"Tell Vym, the eversor, to not let any of the sister near me without my say so. He'll help keep me safe." she said, loving the feeling of her hair being stroked. "Sorry for looking so fucked up... but would you mind a kiss?" she asked. Meanwhile, the solitaire had vanished. she had snuck out and away from all the people, finding some dark corner to hide and meditate in.

Momaru walked away from the group, then opened up a vox. "There's nothing more i can do for lady sana. she needs to make her own choices after she and the guardsman confronted one another. I was simply going to offer my own opinions on the matter as a neutral party to the matter with the inquisitor and the sisters. Not to try and throw a wrench into things." he said simplistically.

Urd fallowed Lith as she took Solara back to the Rhino to tend to Solara's bleeding, Urd just leand against the hatch more or less taking up guard. "Still, I agree that Titania should remain out of sight for now" Urd adding her thoughts on the matter "Still, the sooner we're off this rock and back to hunting demons the better."

Keal shouldered his Hellgun and walked towards the Rhino. He was on edge, these Sisters clearly didn't approve of the reunite. His Karskin all sat back and looked after their gear, but the Sergeant went to fulfil his duty. He headed towards the Rhino, where a long-range vox would most likely be found. He checked the status of his ace-in-the-hole as he approached. In the Rhino sat Lith, and in her arms was someone who was most likely the Inquisitor. She was lying, looking half dead and bleeding.

Keal coughed loudly and began, "Excuse me, err.." Keal looked up and focused on Lith instead, "I need to get into the Rhino. I'm looking for a long-range vox, and frankly the Chimera has been torn to shreds. I won't be long, I just need to access it. Does your, ah, friend need any help. She seems rather out of it. Polis knows a lot about medical aid and such. I mean... I know she's an Inquisitor, and they are meant to be tough as bricks, but she's in bad shape."

Keal glanced towards the Sisters, but shook the idea out of his head.

"Hi... i'm solara... i just killed a couple hundred nids today... what'd you do?" she asked sarcastically, her eyes closed. "I'm not gunna die... i just need a nap..." she said, a few residual crackles of golen electricity between her fingers as she rested, but not asleep.

Keal looked down at her, smiling slightly.

"Inquisitor, you look like you just came out on the losing end of a Catachan drinking contest, then having to fight a Tanith with knives only. In other words, you look like a pile of flesh and metal barely held together by the will of the Emperor. I'll call Polis in, he can check you ou- check you up. And Lith, that vox? Is there a long-range in this Rhino?"

Keal turned and keyed his vox, calling Polis over.

Dante sat with his back towards the Rhino, keeping an eye on the occupants of the base in case they tried anything against the group. Looking around he saw that there was a Sister of Battle squad at the base, they were going to be the toughest to convince to not have the group taken away, or worse, shot on sight. He knew that they were the most die-hard fanatics to the Emperor, and given the mix and match nature of the group, might take serious offence to it.

Eventually, the Ksarkin Sergeant came over looking for a long range transmitter, and hoped there might be one inside the Rhino transport. Looking at the state of Solara, he made the mention of someone within his squad having medical training; and after seeing Solara act a bit light headed, Dante had to agree that would be needed sooner rather than later.

"Thank you Sergeant Brathen for providing assistance to our ailing Inquisitor, even though you haven't known us for long."

Lith

She listened to Solara with a smile, and answered her question with a deep kiss. "I'm going to make you pay for making me worry." She said softly into Solara's ear as they broke apart, a rather wicked grin on her face.

"Still, the sooner we're off this rock and back to hunting demons the better."

"Bloody right...the sooner we're gone the happier I'll be." She replied. She was thinking about going in for another kiss when Keal appeared at the foot of the ramp. Keal and Solara exchanged words for a moment, while Lith extracted herself and got to her feet. "Nice of you to let a girl actually answer..." She spat, her voice thick with sarcasm.

"Thank you Sergeant Brathen for providing assistance to our ailing Inquisitor, even though you haven't known us for long."

Looking from Keal to Dante, she shot the psyker a dirty look. The less of THEM about, the better. She thought loudly. She still wasn't sure if psykers could read minds, but it couldn't hurt. Digging into the Rhino's comm. unit, she tried it a few times to no avail. "Nope, still doesn't work. We've tried it a few times during the ride over, but there's too much interference for a portable unit. Base like this though might have a powerful enough unit that could get through...I'm sure one of the Tech Guard can point you in the right direction." She said, giving him a look that said he was decidedly unwelcome.

"As for Inquisitor Solara, it is mostly fatigue." Sitting once more, she place Solara's head back on her lap. "It looks worse that it is...a side effect of over exerting herself." Swapping the blood soaked bandages for new ones; the bleeding has slowed to almost nothing. "She just needs some rest."

Egerion

"Unfortunately Lord. ...I will not interfere with your questioning of the 'Inquisitor' Lord, but I ask you try and get her to see reason. I fear my superiors may not wait too long before they resort to more....drastic measures of protecting the sector."

Of course...things are never easy. He thought. "I understand what you are saying Sister, and I agree. Such...power...should not be left unchecked. She may not have listened to you simply because of rank...I will do my best to make her see reason." Shifting his attention to the retinue, he watched as Sgt Ortona carried the semi-conscious 'Inquisitor' to the relative privacy of the Rhino. "I shall speak with her in awhile though...there is little use in talking to one who cannot hear you."

"There's nothing more I can do for Lady Sana. She needs to make her own choices after she and the guardsman confronted one another. I was simply going to offer my own opinions on the matter as a neutral party to the matter with the Inquisitor and the Sisters. Not to try and throw a wrench into things."

"Thank you for that Momaru." He vox'd. "Though hearing of an altercation between Sana and the Kasrkin is worrying...tensions are high enough as it is." Egerion surveyed the area about him. He could see the tension in the soldiers and civilians alike...even the half machine infantry of the Mechanicus shifted uneasily on their feet. We need to get both this 'Inquisitor' and these people out of here soon.

Solara smirked. "Hey... Lith... mind injecting me with some stim and painkillers? something to get me up?" solara asked. She began to move her arms a bit, pulling her legs up a bit so her knees were in the air, even in pain she still wants to get up and move.
"I... need to address matters... with the sisters and the dreadnought." she said, looking up at Lith. "And i appreciate the doc... but i don't need him. Nothing's going to kill me yet." she said to the guardman, psyker and her love. "Certainly not some bug." she said, trying to sit up a bit, making it to her elbows. The girl felt like her head was going to pop, but ignored it and kept her trying up. "Don't worry Urd, i'll get us out of this mess one way or another. But we're all walking out of this alive, no matter the route we take to get there." she said, her confidence boosting.

"Not to worry about the issues between Sana and the guard, she's not going to let it stoop over her and simmer. She'll shrug it off and continue on, the guard however, i don't know." The Sergent voxed back to the dreadnought, walking around and inspecting the fortifications, just incase the bugs decided to make themselves known. "if you would desire my assistance in the issue, i'll gladly lend it."

"The less of THEM about, the better." Dante heard someone say to themselves. That was the problem sometimes with being a telepathic; he'd occasionally pickup the thoughts of someone else. Looking around he could see that Lith was giving him a rather perturbed, a bit peeved one might say looking frown. He could probably guess what she so angry about, and decided to send the former Guardswoman a message back, though she'd only hear it in her mind.

"Look Lithian, I can tell you don't want to be around this lot. No need for my telepathic abilities to see that one. Believe me when I say I don't want to be either. However given how things have panned out, we can't exactly just get up and go. For one, we don't have any means of transport to get off this planet. Secondly, where we would go if we did? I'll leave you to think that one over." Dante then gave an understanding look towards Lith as he watched the proceedings.

According to how Solara was acting, she claimed to be in reasonable condition, and not needing medical attention. "And I appreciate the doc... but I don't need him. Nothing's going to kill me yet." She said to Sergeant Brathen, Dante and Lithian. "Certainly not some bug." Solara then added with a smirk. "Don't worry Urd, I'll get us out of this mess one way or another. But we're all walking out of this alive, no matter the route we take to get there." Dante could only but give a small sigh under his breath.

"Thank you for the vote of confidence m'lady. We were simply worried for your safety and well-being. What you just pulled off I can tell has taken quite a bit out of you, especially if its given you a nosebleed of all things. Feel free to follow my advice or not, but perhaps it might be best to allow yourself some rest."

"I agree with Dante, you should rest, I could stand in for you for answering questions if need be, I do technically have rank after all" Urd said, though her tone denoted she wasn't really big on the idea, but would if it would give Solara a few more minutes of rest. "I would need to know what I can an can not answer though."

Arcor
Arcor looked around at the scene as it unfolded.
A sacred ancient, an enginseer, astartes, guardsmen, a psyker...
He didn't really know what the hell was going on anymore, he needed to get the situation sorted out.

He cycled through his vox frequencies, ordering his men to rearm and haul any gear they can with them to the comms room.
He ordered the men he didn't know by name, the civilians, the rank and file tech guard to check their guns and dig in again.

Okay, okay, think.
He checked his gun and marched towards the ancient.
He bowed and spoke with the calmest voice he could muster in its presence.

"Sire. I apologize for interrupting you. My name is Theta 4 6 5 3 1, I'm currently the commanding officer here. I've been fighting the bu- Tyranids for the past three days and I've been cut off from my commanders and the intelligence network. Would you give me an update on the warzone?"

Lith

"Hey... Lith... mind injecting me with some stim and painkillers? Something to get me up? I... need to address matters... with the Sisters and the Dreadnought; and I appreciate the doc... but I don't need him. Nothing's going to kill me yet. Certainly not some bug."

"Against my better, sure." She said, hitting Solara with a small dose of Satrophine. Helping Solara to her feet, Lith spoke quietly into her ear. "I'm assuming 'Vym' is that thing that dragged you in here? If that's the case, I respectfully say 'NO'. Right now we need tact and subtlety...I know, the last thing you'd think I'd say, but I'd rather not start a fight with Imperials if I can help it, and this 'Vym' doesn't strike me as the subtle type."

Lith let out a small pained gasp, as Dante's voice echoed in her mind. GAH! Well that answers that! Looking at the man, she nodded slightly...she might not like it but he made several good points.

"...Feel free to follow my advice or not, but perhaps it might be best to allow yourself some rest."

"I agree with Dante, you should rest, I could stand in for you for answering questions if need be, I do technically have rank after all."

That earned both Dante and Urd a laugh. "C'mon you two, when was the last time she listened to any of us." She replied, grinning at Solara.

Egerion

"Sire. I apologize for interrupting you. My name is Theta 4 6 5 3 1, I'm currently the commanding officer here. I've been fighting the bu- Tyranids for the past three days and I've been cut off from my commanders and the intelligence network. Would you give me an update on the warzone?"

"That is quiet all right, though I wish I had better news." His massive chassis rumbled and clanked as it settled into 'Stand-by'...no sense in wasting power at the moment. "You already know about the Tyranids, we have Orks almost everywhere else, a small Space Hulk crashed not too long ago, and Imperial ground forces are barely holding on. The fact that you have been cut off for three days is also troubling...we have a situation here in regards to this 'Inquisitor', and if the Fleet does not hear from Sister Helena soon, they may 'resolve' the situation themselves."

"C'mon you two, when was the last time she listened to any of us." Lith said with a laugh,

Urd shrugged and chucked "Well, there's a first time for everything, but if she's that set on making her head ache worse I'll get the Dread and Sister over here for the Q&A session, which is just bound to be all kinds of fun." Urd said, the sarcasm so thick you could grab it. Urd turned and exited the Rhino and walked over to where the Dread was, where he was talking to some one else, seemed to be getting a report on things. "Though she might not look up for it, the Inquisitor will see you when your ready." Urd said when a lull in the conversation presented it self, then turned and headed back to the Rhino, perching her self on the roof this time.

A mass of the pain was relieved and Solara was back to her old self, even if only temporarily. Giving her neck a crack, she took a few steps in the back of the apc to test her balance and found it well. "Ok, much better love." she said, giving Lith a quick kiss on the cheek. "And while i appreciate your concern, both of you, i need to clear my name so you guys and myself can walk out of here with the authority to commandeer a ship and just leave. To continue on our hunt for Daemons to destroy." she explained to the group before looking at the guardman. "I thank you for your assistance in helping these people get here. If you so desire, i'll help you and your squad out in some way when i clear my name. But for now, my thanks must be all you take." she explained before giving another look around.

"Well, i'll take care of this now, laters." she said and walked out to the dreadnough and sisters, passing urd on the way back. She had a sense of pride and courage around herself, but not arrogance.

"Well, i have heard you would like to speak to me." she said, approaching the dreadnought. "My Name is Solara Draco, may i have your own, Ancient one?" she asked, a firmness to her voice, but a politeness all together.

"I thank you for your assistance in helping these people get here. If you so desire, I'll help you and your squad out in some way when I clear my name. But for now, my thanks must be all you take."

Keal had been listening in to the conversations, and began to turn to try and head off to find a vox or communications unit of a sort. He stopped as Solara spoke. He turned back, a grin on his face.

"Tell you what. You get my men off this shit-hole of a rock, and maybe throw in some gelt, and I won't make Polis get all fussy over that nose-bleed. I'll go check on this vox and see if I can't get the fleet to pick us up. If I was honest, this Knight World isn't going to last much longer, especially if these assholes keep fighting about their honour and gak. This world needs a serious drop of Guard to hold a single region, then a strike team to clear out the leaders. These bugs and Orks will just fight it out and we could move in to finish it off. But no, we get stuck in a trench war, desperately trying to claim land. Like fucking always."

Keal cursed a few more times as he headed deeper into the base. Following directions, he reached a comm's station, with an antenna that looked like more than a few shots had hit it. It was crooked but standing and hopefully transmitting. Keal smiled as he saw the vox unit sitting on the desk, and sat down. After a few minutes fiddling with the controls, he spoke into the receiver, begining a directed broadcast to what he hoped was his own Commanders frequency.

"Hello? If you can hear me, this is Sergeant Brathen of the 414th Cadian Storm Troops. Please patch me through to the Commander of the 414th... Now, to however is currently listening, which is hopefully you Commander, I am currently at a fortress with the following co-ords, 112 and 145. I am in the presence of an Inquisitor, her reunite, an Ancient, who was my main goal and a Sister of Battle team. There are others, but these few are the problem. The Sisters apparently wish to contain the Inquisitor, whilst her reunite is... strange. I need immediate orders, and pick-up. We are surrounded by 'Nids here, not to mention the pyskers and even Eldar on the inside. If we can get pick-up, that would be great, but I understand if you have anything you need me to do. I do not know the extent of the situation with the Sisters and the Inquisitor, but if your orders are to detain or stop the detainment of the Inquisitor, please, I must know. The Ancient is waiting on me to contact the fleet before continuing on, so my previous orders have stalled. Praise the Emperor, and please, damnit, send help."

Keal set the directed broadcast to loop and sent it to a few other frequencies of officers and such that he knew. He hoped it would get through the interference and to his Commander. Keal slid his hand across his Hellgun, sitting on the table. He was damned afraid of what the response may be.

Arcor
"That probably explains the-"
A dull ache came into his mind as his implants attempted to realign his thought processes.
"archangel test."

He saw the inquisitor begin to approach.

Over the vox he spoke to the dreadnaught "Ancient, my men are at your disposal if required until I'm told otherwise."

He decided he needed to hear the coming conversation, though his mind began to run numeral routines related to bionic efficiency and the weak spots of sororitas power armour in the meantime.

Vicarious
Vicarious looked at the trooper sitting infront of a vox rig on the other side of the room.
"What the hell... Who let him in?"
He lifted his remaining arm and shoved his palm into his face for a moment.

He walked over to the trooper, realizing he was attempting to broadcast.
"Trooper, our array is down, we don't even have contact with our own. It's not going to get through."
He paused.
"Do you know how bad it is out there? I didn't even know the fleet was here yet... You are here to reinforce us right?"

Lith

Lith smiled as Solara kissed her. As she stepped from the Rhino, Lith grabbed her weapons and fell in behind and to the left of the psyker. As Solara approached the Sister and the Dread, she put on her 'Sergeants' face letting no hint of her own thoughts show.

Egerion

Egerion watched quietly as the...rather young...Inquisitor, approached.

"Ancient, my men are at your disposal if required until I'm told otherwise."

"Thank you Field Tribune." He replied, on the same channel. "With any luck, I will not need you men for anything but holding this position, but one must try and prepare for all outcomes." While this 'Inquisitor' Solara did look rather young for such a position, she carried herself with the utter sureness of one who was confident with their authority; the presence of Sgt. Ortona was a bit more worrying. Not only did she strike him as unflinchingly loyal to the Inquisitor, but she was heavily enough armed that she could do some major damage before she was brought down. I just hope I can keep those zealots from trying anything stupid.

"Well, I have heard you would like to speak to me. My Name is Solara Draco; may I have your own, Ancient one?"

"Greetings Inquisitor Draco." He replied, in a rumbling baritone. "I am Captain Egerion Micus of the Deathwatch, and yes I would like to speak with you. Sister Helena has informed me of your...reluctance to withdraw to the Fleet. I sympathize with you reasons for refusal to go, but her orders come from higher up the chain of command than even the vaunted reach of an Inquisitor. She can no more disobey, than you can stop the Universe from spinning."

He brought his hands together slowly, interlacing his fingers, much like an instructor would. "If you are truly as powerful as you say you are, surely you can understand why they wish to test you. The destruction an Alpha Plus could wreak if under the influence of the Ruinous Powers would spell the end of us all."

He observed her quietly for a moment, before speaking again. "Before you speak, also think on this. Sister Helena and her squad were dispatched to retrieve you but due to interference, most likely from the Tyranids, long rang communications have been cut off. If the Fleet believe that she and her Sisters are dead, and that there may be a rouge psyker on the loose, you know how the Fleet will 'handle' it...they will glass everything within one hundred kilometres of this location, making your attempts to save these people all for nought."

"I appreciate the concern of the fleet above, but the only records they'll find on me will say i'm a low level psyker. My mother, Inquisitor Lunette Draco, made sure to keep my existence nill to all but the most essential." she explained to the dreadnought. "I do not resent the test, infact, i welcome it to prove my pureness. What i do object to with the utmost denial is stepping foot on one of those ships without my authority. I know the zealots won't understand any logic, but you seem to have allot and are wise beyond the reaches of many of the modern imperium members." she said, shifting her stance.

"If i step on one of those ships without any sort of insurance in the form of real weapons and not just my psychic powers, i will never be seen or heard from again. Me and the rest of my routine were sent into the eye of terror with the interest of being disposed of. My mother died in there, falling to chaos, i had to decapitate her myself." Solara said, a twang of sadness hitting her voice. "But if i head up onto those ships, they'll take me to emperor knows where. If we can get into contact with the fleet, i'll gladly agree to take these questions and exams on neutral ground. not where either side has an advantage over the other. If i go up there, it is a death sentence. Surely you can understand this much."

Egerion

If he could have, Egerion would have raised an eyebrow as Solara spoke. "Perhaps this is a conversation best said in private." He said finally, across a proprietary Inquisition vox channel. "Your mother's identification does check out, but being unable to access any further archives means I get nothing beyond a validation. Tell me though, why do you say you were sent into the Eye to be 'disposed of'? If your powers are what you claim, why would the Inquisition waste such a potential asset?" He knew the Inquisition, as a whole, was as twisted and narrow-minded as any other parts of the Imperium, but even for them this made no sense.

"Because someone was either jealous or afraid. You must be able to guess what a raging alpha plus can do." She said, crossing her arms and shifting onto her back feet. "Each and every single person's dossier included one trait: warp resistant. Who better to kill a psyker than those born with a natural resistance to the warp?" Solara asked rhetorically. "But with all of them, I earned their friendship and trust, along with respect, so they're my permanent routine. Either way, we made it out of there alive and untouched by the forces of chaos." The inquisitor said, what could only be the truth.

"Now I can only guess as to why I'm being target. Too much of a threat? Someone looking to advance their own position by serving up an alpha plus to the emperor on a plate? There are many reasons people want others dead. I'm just wise enough to know a trap when I see one." Solara finished.

'Here we go' Urd thought as Solara said they'd been throw into the Eye to die, how the Dreadnaught handled what was coming next would more or less dictate weather or not more people would die needlessly and foolishly for some Inquisitional ass hole, though she wouldn't be surprised if a fight between Inquisitor Draco's group and every one else here broke out, she didn't like the idea of it but was ready for it in just in case, her wings opening a bit as her hands rested on the handles to her axes.

The comments regarding Solara's well-being earned Dante and Urd a laugh from Lithian. "C'mon you two, when was the last time she listened to any of us." He had to admit, Lithian had a point. Solara was one for not listening to them when it concerned her being, still it was worth a shot.

"Touché; well she should at least get some rest after she has finished speaking with Captain Micus. Lord knows we could do with some after everything that's happened so far." Dante remarked as he put a hand in front of his face before yawning briefly. He decided to sit inside the Rhino and at the very least, rest his eyes a little.

His head resting on the seat's of the Rhino as he sat down on the floor, Dante pulled the hood of his coat up and closed his eyes. Sadly though, his rest was disrupted mere minutes later as the sound of something landing on the transport's roused him. It didn't take him long to figure out who it was, so he tapped the roof of the Rhino with his spear-staff.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked