Apocalypse (Game Thread : Closed, Dead)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 21 NEXT

Keal suddenly turned as someone approached. He listened and shoved the receiver away, turning fully and standing.

"Trooper, our array is down, we don't even have contact with our own. It's not going to get through. Do you know how bad it is out there? I didn't even know the fleet was here yet... You are here to reinforce us right?"

"It's Sergeant. Sergeant Keal Brathen. Anyway, I had to try. We are trapped in by 'Nids here, the least I can do is try to contact my Commander. I know how bad it is, I was sent in to find and support the Dreadnought. It's not every day I get an assignment like that. Now that I've found him, myself and my team just have to listen to his orders. And frankly, since my orders are to find a vox, I might as well try. I'm just more surprised none of the mech-heads around here have fixed one yet. It's bad enough out there even with the ability to call for support. The only thing holding the Imperials back from bombing the shit outta this world are the nobles. Fucking nobles... So, who are you, and where's your arm?"

Urd heard a tap under her, and since Titania wasn't about to try and get her attention, and she could see Lith, she knew who it was, so she walked over to the back end of the Rhino and hopped off, landing on the hatch with a heavy 'thud'. "Hey Dante, whats up?" she asked, her mask pulled down, still keeping an eye on the Sisters and Dread as they talked to Solara "They're talking now by the way, and seemed to have taken the conversation to a privet channel, so be ready in case they turn on us"

"Hey Dante, whats up?" Urd asked as she appeared at the entrance to the Rhino, her mask pulled down over her face. "They're talking now by the way, and seemed to have taken the conversation to a private channel, so be ready in case they turn on us."

"Thank you for the prior warning, and even though I may appear to have been asleep, I still have my wits about me. Although I don't exactly know whether I would fight or make flight if a battle were to occur. As for what's up, well at the moment given as how we're waiting on the outcome of the talks between Solara and everyone else; not exactly a whole lot. Just having a rest I suppose since there isn't much point for me being out there."

Urd sighed at Dante when he said he wasn't sure if he'd fight or flee "I will stay and fight, Lith and Solara are our friends and sisters in arms, I will not abandon them." Urd's tone was calm, she could under stand why some one might want to run from a fight like this, so heavily out numbered, death was almost certain, though she'd been in fights like that before and walked away alive.

Arcor
They spoke and then it went quiet, he briefly picked up a vox feed, but realized it wasn't for him to hear so he kept out.
He looked at the the mighty ancient, and spoke.
"I know of places, both on this world, and others nearby where parlay could be accommodated."

Vicarious
"There's an ancient outside?"

He paused

"My name is Theta 46532, Vicarious. I'm Huscarl to Theta 46531." His tone, volume, and mannerisms slowly began to become more aggressive "My arm was torn from its socket by one of the creatures out there. The mech-heads as you refer to them are sitting eviscerated in the med-bay clinging to life after fighting to the last against Orks which were pushed back from here about an hour before my squad arrived. And my masters stopped the bombing, because we begged them to. This is our damned home, we have been fighting for millenia to keep it safe, XENOS ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT FROM US! NOT TODAY! NOT EVER!"

A woman (Rain) on the other side of the room screamed "Yeah!"

He paused again, his voice returning to the metallic calm it held before.

"I apologize, my neurals are still recalibrating. We're working on getting them online, we can let you know when the array is functioning if you want."

Egerion

Warp RESISTANT? The thought of people who could naturally resist the ravages of the Warp astounded Egerion. If the Emperor had known of such people....no, that is a thought for later. "That is rather...astounding." He said finally. "As for your 'reservations', believe it or not I do understand...I am old enough to remember when a ...talent...such as yours would have been cherished. As for your fears of a trap...sad to say you are most likely correct."

"I know of places, both on this world, and others nearby where parlay could be accommodated."

Looking to the Skitarii commander, the massive war machine bowed slightly. "Thank you for your offer Field Tribune. If you can find a location on this world I believe the Inquisitor would appreciate it; but until we resume contact with Fleet, this is all a moot point. No amount of 'good intentions' can save you from an orbital bombardment."

Unclasping his 'hands', Egerion surveyed the group before him. Well this was interesting. "As the senior ranking member here I declare that, for the time being, Inquisitor Solara and her retinue be afforded the rights and privileges of their positions, until such time as contact with the Fleet can be re-established." He said, before directing his attention to Sister Helena. "There is a caveat to this though...Retributor Helena and her Sisters will remain in close proximity to the Inquisitor and her people at all times; should the Inquisitor or any other member of the retinue display signs of corruption they are to be put down at once."

While he shared the same feelings towards the Eldar and Sgt. Ortona, the xenos was wearing a control collar. "One final thing." He said, addressing Arcor, and Helena. "I know most of you will not like this, but...Inquisitor Solara has a collared Eldar in her service. If you or your people see this creature, do not kill it...for now."

Switching his attention to Arcor, he let out a rumbling groan. "A few words if I may Field Tribune. Firstly if your people find the Engineseer that entered with us, I would recommend you make use of her talents. Despite 'only' being an Engineseer, she is most talented." With that he brought his right arm forward slowly. While it showed a roughness and lack of finish that spoke of a hurried construction, it was none the less a well built and formidable construct. "She managed to build this out of what was left of my former lascannons, and some salvage from a downed Valkyrie. Secondly, I require some more munitions for my Storm Bolter, if you can spare them...the trip here was rather hard on my ammunition reserves."

Arcor

He smiled slightly.

"Sir, We can spare munitions for one such as you any time. There are boxes of rounds in the garage bay. I apologize if they are of a lesser pattern then you are used to though, I haven't tested them myself."

He frowned and switched to vox, contacting the dreadnought.
He felt like a hot knife was digging into his skull as his implants tried to stop him from speaking.

"I feel that I should inform you. There is a satellite array in orbit, a prototypical weapon configuration. It is being armed, It's firing in the area of fifteen hours, I don't know what it's target is, It's payload is a form of energy I'm not familiar with and a series of newly minted nerve gasses, it could be firing planetwide. It's all that has been relayed to me since I arrived at this base five hours ago. The bases walls may be enough to shield us from an indirect hit, its ventilation systems should filter the gas out. It hasn't been used before so I don't know what to expect beyond what I've just told you."

He paused and sighed as the pain stopped.

"When the communications array has been made compliant I will be able to requisition more data on it for you."

He paused again.

"I will contact your enginseer for assistance shortly."

"I will stay and fight, Lith and Solara are our friends and sisters in arms, I will not abandon them." Urd said calmly.

"I know, and that's the reason why I would fight; to help protect my friends. But whilst I may have the mind and power to tear our enemies asunder, in comparison to the others and you yourself Urd, I am not as resilient. Between me and the enemy is nothing more than a few layers of cloth. Hell, one well placed shot could do me in." Dante remarked with a heavy sigh.

"Then again, I'm not supposed to be in the front lines; more suited towards a support role in a sense."

Urd nodded in agreement with Dante "True, your more a back line support combatant then a front line combatant like my self, its unfortunate we've lacked the man power to really allow you to do that" she was going to say more but was cut off by the Dreadnaughts, though frowned a bit when he said a SoB would be shadowing them. "Well, seems for now though, we are free to do as we please, mostly, but I'll take it over the alternative" she said as she slid the face mask up into her helm, then pulled it off and just sat down by Dante. For a moment there was silence, the a smirk and a light chuckle "Wonder how long now before they get on me about the 'Xeno tech' I'm using"

Helena looked from the Ancient to the Witch. She did not like the way things had gone. The Witch walked free and the Xeno still lived. But she dare not speak up against the Ancient. With a sigh she turned back to the Ancient. "SD you wish M'lord. I thank you for your help in resolving this matter."

She turned to her Sister's. "You heard the Lord Egerion, Sister Unis and Sister Mara, you two will be with me for first shift. The rest will be split into teams. Stay alert, stay vigilant. And may the Father guide your hand." She told her Sister's with a salute.

After splitting the rest of her Sister's into teams and sending them to stay within sight of the rest of the Witch's people, Helena hefted her Bolter once more. She spoke to the Witch again. "Well Inquisitor, it seems we are going to become more closely acquainted than either of us would care to be."

"Thank you Egerion was it? I owe you a thousand thanks." she said to him, giving a slight bow out of respect. That's when the sister spoke to her. "Yes we are. I understand your orders and am fine with you following me around. but if you or your squad so much as point a weapon at myself, or any of my Routine, i shall unleash the full wrath of the power that the emperor has invested in me." she said, calmly and matter-of-factly. "Now, with the hostilities dealt with and not to be picked up again, i need to get something to eat. You shall accompany us to the cafeteria and perhaps grab something there for yourself." Solara said.

She then turned to lith, acting as if the sister wasn't there and more carefree, standing a bit taller an kissing her on the cheek. "Let's go hun. I hope they have a bit" she said and led the group to the hall and the cafeteria. Each getting what food they can, She sat down at the table with lith, the other two sisters sitting with them.

"I suppose i owe you an explanation for the sororitas power armor, don't i?" Solara asked, sitting close to lith, no care in the world if they were found out as a couple.

"True, your more a back line support combatant then a front line combatant like my self, its unfortunate we've lacked the man power to really allow you to do that." Urd said nodding in agreement. "Well, seems for now though, we are free to do as we please, mostly, but I'll take it over the alternative." Dante was relieved to hear that the initial talks had gone over well. The face mask on Urd's helmet slid up into the helmet itself, she then pulled the helmet off and sat down next to Dante, a smile crossed his face, glad to have a little company.

For what seemed like a couple of minutes, there was silence, until Urd broke it with a smirk and a chuckle. "Wonder how long now before they get on me about the 'Xeno Tech' I'm using."

"Make that the two of us Urd; whilst I've had this reformatted Singing Spear for a while now, there are still people who are bound to ask questions about how and why I am using it. Even though most of the original markings have been replaced, it still has a majority of its original design and material, plus there are a few Eldar runes that remain despite the Techpriest's efforts. And if I'm honest, I actually like them, as it gives the weapon a bit of history and mysticism."

Lith

During whole conversation, she'd tuned out whatever was said, keeping her undivided attention on Sister Helena. If things when bad, if the Sister twitched wrong, her goal was to make sure Helena died first; but the kiss from Solara signalled that such things were not necessary...for now. Smiling slightly, she brushed her cheek were the kiss had landed. Oh that just won't do.

"I suppose I owe you an explanation for the Sororitas power armour, don't I?"

"A moment if I may?" She said to the Sisters, before they could start to answer. Reaching over to Solara, she gently turned the younger woman's face towards her; a puzzled expression clouded her features. Before Solara could react, Lith lent in, giving her a deep kiss that pushed what would be appropriate for a public setting. After a moment or two she broke the kiss, leaving the psyker a bit breathless.

Resting her forehead on Solara's she spoke softly. "Lara honey; you know I love you dearly, but if you ever make me that worried again, I will kick your ass...and I do so love it when you scream." The last line was delivered with a wolfish grin, and a most predatory gleam to her eyes.

Releasing Solara, Lith turned back to her food, and waited for the Sisters reaction.

Egerion

"Sir, We can spare munitions for one such as you any time. There are boxes of rounds in the garage bay. I apologize if they are of a lesser pattern then you are used to though, I haven't tested them myself."

"So long as it does not compromise your own security measures I am grateful. As for the ammunitions quality..." He said with an amused tone, gesturing towards the Tyranid talons he'd dropped earlier. "I am used to improvising."

Egerion's good humour faded a bit as he was told about the satellites above. If the bases air filtration fails, or is not up to it...a strike would kill them all...but there is nothing that can be done... "Thank you for that Field Tribune...my superiors neglected to inform me of such 'assets'. In the mean time, perhaps it would be best if some of your men could bring the munitions to me? The less I move about, the safer it would be for others."

"Thank you Egerion was it? I owe you a thousand thanks."

"And you have mine Inquisitor." He replied. "An open conflict now would serve no purpose but to aid those against us."

Arcor
Frowning, he spoke "I'm doubting my superiors have told yours yet."
He bowed to the Ancient and walked over to the manned line inside the bay, yelling something in the local dialect at them.
A minute later the locals were dragging crates of bolter ammunition to the ancient.

He wandered through the fortress for a few minutes before finding the enginseer, sitting in a room talking to one of the skitarii who had been stationed there before the invasion.

He walked in and breathed in her features for a moment, surprised that she still looked like a person.

"Ma'am, I apologize for interrupting. I was told you may of be assistance. Our communications array has taken explosive and electrical damage as well as small arms fire and our cogitators are refusing to synchronize the functioning components with eachother due to an anomaly we're failing to identify, my voidsman has been working on it for the past six hours and it still isn't getting a signal. I was wondering if you could take a look at it."

Helena and her two Sister's followed the Witch and her companion to the Cafeteria. And if you so much as twitch wrong Witch you'll find my Bolter in your gut before you have time to use those warp cursed powers of yours. She thought, knowing that her Sisters were likely thinking the same thing.

After they had all sat down, Sister's lacking their heavier weapons, the Witch spoke. "I suppose I owe you an explanation for the sororitas power armor, don't I?" Before Helena could open her mouth however the Impostor interrupted with a less than appropriate action. Helena only glared.

"First I would appreciate if you kept your public displays of affection to a minimum." Helena paused and smiled. "If only because my Sister's and I are going to be around for the more private ones as well." She said her eyes flicking between them both. Her sister's chuckled into their trays. "And yes you do owe me an explanation as to why your.....friend is wearing armor not meant for her."

"My mother was a cannoness before an inquisitor on the black ships." Solara said ignoring her comments, happy to be back with lith. "Well, i was given my armor by her and when lith came into my routine as my guard, i gifted her with her own. She's also next in line to take my place, emperor forbid anything happening to me. She's my most trusted member of my routine an closest friend. Her armor is ofcourse that of a grade above your own, on account of having the needed resources to acquire it. Was actually my old armor too." she said, eating a bit of food, then a great comment came to her head.

"Maybe if you sisters joined us physically in that "private time", we'd be able to remove the massive stick you obviously have lodged up your cunt." solara joked around, an obvious hint of sarcasm. "Don't worry though, we'll have me tested, then i'll re-achieve my real authority and i can order you and your sisters however i see fit. Sound like a plan?" she asked, then took a bit more of her food and ate it.

"Your array is down? i'll take a look at it. I'm on my way to becoming a rune priest, so i should be able to solve it." Sana said, gesturing him to walk with her. "I've found that different vox systems that are maintained on different worlds begin to develop slightly different setups, so i would appreciate it if you accompanied me and assisted with anything. i might have to ask for." She said, walking with him. "If you have any questions for myself, i'll happily answer them." the girl commented to him.

Lith

"First I would appreciate if you kept your public displays of affection to a minimum. If only because my Sister's and I are going to be around for the more private ones as well."

"Oh so you like to watch, hmm?" Lith replied with a wicked grin. She let out a small laugh when one of the other Sisters accompanying Helena began to blush furiously. I may enjoy this FAR more than I should.

"Maybe if you sisters joined us physically in that "private time", we'd be able to remove the massive stick you obviously have lodged up your cunt."

THAT caused Lith to nearly choke on her drink. "You know Love." She said, still coughing slightly. "Lunette said one of her biggest fear with 'us' was that my attitude would start to rub off on you...seems she was right." Wrapping an arm around Solara's middle, she leant against her love, her eyes fixed on the Sister that'd blushed before. "Normally I'm not big on the idea of sharing...but we may be able to work something out." With that, she turned her head, and whispered softly in Solara's ear. "If you don't find us a quiet spot, and a quick way out of this armour soon, I'm going peel it off of you and take you here and now..."

Urd put her helm on her knee then leaned on Dante as he spoke of his spear with that same fondness she would speak of her armor, and took his hand in hers.'Is it bad I trust Titania more the our 'allies'?' Urd thought to Dante as she snuggled into him, knowing he'd pick it up, like she did when ever she wanted to truly keep the conversation between them. Side perk of having a lover with Psychic powers. 'I donno, maybe it's just the bitter, betrayed part of me speaking again, but barring some act of divine intervention, I doubt I'll ever actually trust the Imperium or Inquisitions word on what is or isn't 'tainted', not after what they tried to do to us' Urd though, giving Dante's hand a loving but uncertain squeeze.

Arcor
He began leading the enginseer to the main communications station.

"Questions... My name is Theta 46531," He paused for a brief second before deciding to tell her his birth name "Arcor. The Ancient outside, Egerion had neglected to tell me your name. I'm curious as to what it is."

He stopped at a door marked with a red hexagonal rune carved into the crete above it.
"This should be-"
Screaming could be heard from inside.
"XENOS ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT FROM US! NOT TODAY! NOT EVER!"
He put his hand to his pistol and pulled the door open. Inside he saw Vicarious talking to one of the troopers from outside. He slightly shook his head and entered, expecting the enginseer to follow.

Helena glared at her Sisters. They should have more control than that. "You should know we do not care for such things." Helena spoke, waving way the comments. "And so should you two." She snapped at her Sister's. They had the decency to look ashamed of themselves. "I was merely warning you ahead of time. Whatever you may do, wherever you may go, until you have been examined and question by my superiors aboard the fleet we will be watching; always. And as the Ancient commanded, if there is one sign of warp taint, one wrong twitch, one wrong word, and you will be dead before you know it." She promised taking a bite of her food. "So I suggest you try to keep things simple. You should remember that my Sister's are not as well versed in....the romantic practices. They may make mistakes."

As Urd began to lean on Dante, he began to hear the Valkyrie's thoughts enter his mind. She appeared conflicted as to where her loyalties were, even citing that she put more trust in the Solitaire than in their supposed allies that were the rest of the Imperium. There was some measure of truth to that; with Titania, you could sort of guess her intentions, unless she was being rather cryptic about it, though that is a thing you couldn't tell with Eldar.

"I donno, maybe it's just the bitter, betrayed part of me speaking again, but barring some act of divine intervention, I doubt I'll ever actually trust the Imperium or Inquisition's word on what is or isn't 'tainted', not after what they tried to do to us."

"I wouldn't say that every person in the Imperium is a mindless sheep, silently obeying orders as if their life depended on it, in some cases literally. Though I think there are those that are. There are those who go against the established order and want to carve out their own destiny; but more often or not, their enemy is a being or organization with absolute power and the ability to do anything just because of that power. Reminds me of a very ancient saying." Dante said, or rather thought to Urd as he felt her hand grip his.

XENOS ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT FROM US! NOT TODAY! NOT EVER! ....... I apologize, my neurals are still recalibrating. We're working on getting them online, we can let you know when the array is functioning if you want."

Keal smirked slightly. Patriotic, that's for sure. Keal heard the door open and in came two people. Someone he didn't know and...

"Feth. Well great, the scrap has arrived."

Keal straightened up, getting out of the chair and pointed towards the array, "I need you to fix this. The Ancient has ordered that we make vox contact and I don't intend to fail in my duty. It's kind of essential that I don't, unless you like the 'Nids that much. Oh, and try not to throw the vox at the 'Nids this time. We have guns for a reason."

Keal stepped back, standing by Vicarious. He kept one hand on his ace.

Vym didn't join the others at the table as they chat and eat some of the food that was here. Their was no reason to as one of the many things that was pump into him also made sure he was given enough energy to keep himself going. As they eat, Vym would just stand there watching them, hardly moving expect for a few twitches here and there. He was staying deathly quiet which should give anyone chills to think what he might be thinking.

Though his eyes seem to be glue on the Sisters. Their tone and actions seem hostile and he was eager to rip them apart, but sadly he was waiting for the orders from Solara. Unless of course they attack Solara then he would spring into action. He let out a light evil chuckle at the thought of that. His fingers flexing on his claw hand that would make a little clinging sound everytime the claws hit each other.

'That's not really better you know. All that means is that people are to afraid to do anything, which isn't what I was talking about anyway' Urd thought to Dante 'What I really meant was feeling 'safe' around them, you know, like you should feel when surrounded by allies, instead I still feel like I'm around enemy's, that's what I really meant when I said I trust Titania more' Urd finished, correcting her self, as she just sit there leaned up against Dante.

"What I really meant was feeling 'safe' around them, you know, like you should feel when surrounded by allies, instead I still feel like I'm around enemy's, that's what I really meant when I said I trust Titania more" Urd said, correcting Dante by what she meant earlier.

"Ah right, my apologies darling, must have misinterpreted what you were saying. Perhaps the feeling of not being safe around these people is because it's been rather a long time since we've actually being amongst the Imperium. After all, we were pretty much left to our own devices back on the Divine Light. Then again, the sense of freedom was nice, exhilarating even on some occasions." Dante thought to Urd with a smarmy look on his face as he put an arm around Urd.

"Then again, maybe it's down to them sensing we're not like them; who can really tell in this strange plane of existence."

Lith

As Sister Helena barked her threats, Lith considered answering in kind. That's exactly what she'd be expecting though... Releasing Solara, Lith sighed and propped her elbows on the table. "Save the threats Sister Helena, the fact that you're alive speaks to how well you fight. We have no interest in starting shit with you or your Sisters, and we would like to enjoy what little calm there is while it lasts."

Looking over at Solara, she winked and laughed. "Don't look so surprised babe...I am perfectly capable of being diplomatic, despite what you might think." It's all a moot point anyways if the Fleet gets trigger happy. Lara is good, but I don't think she could save us from that much of a barrage.

Egerion

Egerion sat lost in thought, re-living old battles, remembering old friends, as the Mechanicus troops restocked his munitions. At first he'd tried conversing with the men that were re-arming him, but terror and awe stole their voices, leaving them to stammer and bow. Seeing that he was getting nowhere, he fell silent, and left them to their work. After awhile, the huge war machine began to hum with an ancient and long forgotten tune.

Urd listen to Dante, and while she had to admit, he had several good points, she couldn't help feeling there was more to it, though before she could really do much more with that thought, her helm beeped.

She put it back on and pulled the mask down, and started to read what the instruments told her about the status of the suits systems. Urd just sighed and pushed the mask back up "Well, fuck." Urd said as the suit powered down, and went dark. "I'll be back in a bit, I'm gonna go see if that little Tech Priest is about. There's an error in the cooling system that needs to be addressed." She said, then leaned down and kissed Dante lovingly on the lips. She really didn't wanna go, she was rather enjoying the moment, but errors in the cooling system of tech know for being very temperamental was a bad thing for every one.

Urd poked her head out of the back of the Rhino and came face to face with the Sisters watching them, to which she greeted them with an expression that said she'd completely forgot about them being there, which was one mixed with minor surprise, and slight annoyance, but she went around them, and looked around, not seeing the girl right away she looked for the Terminator, or Dreadnaught she was with, and found the Dread, pretty much where he was when he spoke to Solara.

"Greetings Captain." Urd said as she approached "Would you happen to know where your young Tech Priest is at, or if she's other wise not busy? I find my self in need of assistance with repairs." she asked cutting right to the point, though couldn't stop her self from asking one other question. "Also, what where you humming? It sounded nice."

Egerion

"Greetings Captain. Would you happen to know where your young Tech Priest is at, or if she's otherwise not busy? I find myself in need of assistance with repairs. Also, what where you humming? It sounded nice."

Half dormant, and lost in his memories, Egerion was slow to respond. After a minute or two of silence, and with the Mechanicus troops that were about glaring at Urd, he responded. "Hmm?...Oh Kur-I mean Engineseer Sana? She is not technically mine...I only met her after I deployed here. As to her location, I think the Skitarii commander has her looking at the long range communications."

He lapsed into silence again for a moment, before the thrum of his systems picked up as he 'woke' fully. "You liked the song? It is an old battle song from....well let us just say, it is older than you would belive."

"Hmm?...Oh Kur-I mean Engineseer Sana? She is not technically mine...I only met her after I deployed here. As to her location, I think the Skitarii commander has her looking at the long range communications."

Urd frowned, the Dread seemed not all there at the moment, not to mention the delayed reply, though he seemed to fully 'awaken' when she asked about the song. "You liked the song? It is an old battle song from....well let us just say, it is older than you would belive."

Urd shot him a 'try me' look, before replying "Yeah, it sound nice, nothing like the battle songs from Fenris though" Urd said then shifted back to a more normal expression "Anyway, once she's free send her my way. I'd rather not explode in the middle of a battle due to a faulty part." she added, just so he knew he'd heard his reply.

The girl grimaced as she saw the guardsman there. "If you could removed the guardsman from my presence, i'll be able to work much more quickly and efficiently." she said, pulling off a panel and looking at the wires. "Seems allot of the important wires are fried. I lost all of my supplies in a Valkyrie crash earlier and will need some to repair this. otherwise i'm going to need to test each component." she said, trying to figure out what had fried and what hadn't.

Meanwhile solara blushed heavily, giggling at lith's antics. However, when it came to the serious matter crossing her mind, her face sobered up. "Yeah, to be truthful, i'd rather not die before the planetary bombardment weapons fire, if at all." she commented simply.

Arcor
The trooper spoke when they entered "Feth. Well great, the scrap has arrived."
He stood up
"I need you to fix this. The Ancient has ordered that we make vox contact and I don't intend to fail in my duty. It's kind of essential that I don't, unless you like the 'Nids that much. Oh, and try not to throw the vox at the 'Nids this time. We have guns for a reason."

The enginseer, Sana spoke "If you could removed the guardsman from my presence, i'll be able to work much more quickly and efficiently. Seems allot of the important wires are fried. I lost all of my supplies in a Valkyrie crash earlier and will need some to repair this. otherwise i'm going to need to test each component."

Arcor spoke "Understood, Sar tell her what you know and get her anything she needs."
Then he unleashed a binaric cant over his vox at Vicarious, "Get the trooper out the door and lock it behind us, I need to have a word with him."

Vicarious looked at his remaining arm briefly before grabbing onto the mans shoulder plate and digging into it, then violently dragging the man out the door and waited for Arcor to follow before releasing the man, going back inside, and closing it behind him.

Arcor briefly analyzed the man infront of him in his mind before speaking, a metallic disdain permeating his tone.
"Now, it's clear to me you've done something to anger her."
His hands drifted down to the two pistols holstered on him.
"Am I going to have to teach you a lesson about respecting your superiors or are you going to apologize to the lady when she's done working?"

Helena blinked in surprise. Sense, from the Witch and the Imposter. The Emperor must be smiling upon her. "Very well. We may not care for each other, but believe me the last thing any of us wants is to see this planet glassed. I can promise you though, despite our personal feelings on the matter, you can be assured that as long as you show no signs of Warp taint no harm will fall upon any of your companions while we are here." She said honestly. She truly did hate these two. But her duty came first. If these two were to be killed it would be at her hand after they showed Warp taint or at the hands of the Witch Hunters back aboard the fleet.

Keal threw off the hand holding him after being dragged out of the room. He gripped his shotgun, anger clear on his face.

"Am I going to have to teach you a lesson about respecting your superiors or are you going to apologize to the lady when she's done working?"

"I don't know who the hell you think you are, some kind of Commissar? My superiors are my Commanders and my Captains, but at the moment as they are unable to be contacted, my orders dictate that the Ancient is my superior. For your goddamn information, that crazy Seer decided to ram our vehicles through a horde of 'Nids. The vehicle that I had commandeered was a shitty, Ork wrecked Chimera. It wouldn't have survived except for the expert driving of my men, and even then we drove in the wake of the Rhino. The fact that we didn't wreck and die out there is fucking amazing!

But of course, I suppose waiting for the Bolts to clear a path and use the various multi-las, hell guns, plasma and bolters as such was simply too normal for someone like her to understand. She put us all in danger and I don't forgive her for that, let alone will I fucking APOLOGISE to her! Emperor Preserve, it's times like these you wish you were stuck in the trenches."

Keal glanced back to the direction where the Dreadnought and Chimera waited.

"Now, how long will that idiot take? I want to go back and check in with my men and my superior. That is, my actual superior."

"By the emperor, we're sitting here praying to the emperor that we don't get blasted from orbit and you're still worried about your duty. The least you could do is to try and act nice since we're all going to die." she said, pressing herself up against lith again, enjoying the closeness of her love.

"But you don't need to worry, i don't plan on doing anything but eat sleep and maybe a bit of love making." was all that solara said.

The rune priest in training kept working replacing things via trial and error. The things she couldn't replace exactly, she created little workarounds and for those she couldn't fix, she'd let sit broken and would come back to later. "Can you bring tha box of parts over here? there are a few more bits i still need to work out and the bits i have here aren't helping."

Meanwhile, Momaru managed to get into the messhall somehow and approached the table the females were at. his helmet was off and hanging from his side. "Greetings." Said the termy, sucking on what they could only assume was a water container and eating from a trey he had placed down on the table. In his hand, he managed to nimbly use a fork to stab into whatever it was he was eating and maneuver it to his mouth. he paid no mind to the psycho standing in a corner watching the group.

Lith

"By the Emperor, we're sitting here praying to The Emperor that we don't get blasted from orbit and you're still worried about your duty. The least you could do is to try and act nice since we're all going to die."

Lith flinched a little inside every time Solara spoke of the Emperor. Despite the bullshit we know, she still BELIEVES; she needs to know...the three of them do. Those were thoughts and worries for another time however. "I know what you're saying love, but duty is all the Sisters have...they haven't seen all the...groxshit...we have." She said, resting her cheek against the top of Solara's head.

"But you don't need to worry, I don't plan on doing anything but eat, sleep and maybe a bit of love making."

"Sorry hun." She sighed lightly. "There'll be no 'maybe' about that last bit...assuming they've got a can opener somewhere in this blasted place."

"Greetings."

A look of loathing flashed across Lith's face as V/Sgt. Momaru spoke, but it was gone as quickly as it had come. Ignoring the hulking new presence, Lith spoke softly to Solara. "Once we get this shit sorted, you, me, Urd, Dante...and that Engineseer need to have a few words in private."

Egerion

"If I see her I shall let her know." He replied. "I too am rather...fond, of not exploding." The xenos-geared woman looked like she was about to move off when a thought struck Egerion. "Lieutenant, a moment if I may? Earlier...when we first met, you said you were a 'Daughter of Russ', correct? The name seems familiar to me, but I cannot remember why. Please, tell me of your Order."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked