The Seven Assassins (Interest thread)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Welcome to The Seven Assassins!
An RP set in the vast cityscape of Greater Holem. It is a story of magic, crime and (as the title suggests) assassins.

Well, that was a draining info dump. BUT WAIT, there's MORE!

The Actual thread will be as follows:
Several Ambassadors are being killed off, all with suspicious notes placed near their place of death, pointing towards haunting clues of where the assassins will strike next. They are known as the Seven Assassins, and we're tasked with bringing together a team and hunting them down.

For example, here are two examples of mine:

Oh, almost forgot the starting areas, these will be where your character may be at the start of the RP:
Shrewn Marketplace, a bustling hub of life in the southern centre of the city.
The Southron Bridge, Great Holem's lifeline to the continent of Sul.
Port Neven, a large shipping area where new immigrants and goods disembark for the city.

If you have questions feel free to ask :)

UPDATE: The deadline for new character sheets will be the 27th of September.
Unless new sheets are submitted over the next few days though, the RP can begin earlier with the existing sheets.

If we create a race how much details do you want included?

booksv2:
If we create a race how much details do you want included?

Well a race is pretty much if you want to stand out and for people to comment on such a thing. In the city, racism is practically non-existant just from how multi-cultural it is.
In general, if you pick a race (or invent one), just state if they're more agile than a person, or if they have any super human traits (for instance, saying that your Sentient Bird can fly would be useful.). We don't need to know their entire race's history, but simply saying where they're from would be enough.

As far as place of origin, Humans tend to live to the north and east, Elves to the south (and very far north-east), while many different others live towards the western areas.
Across the ocean, the beastlands would be where any animal-esque races would be, while The Grand Frontier would be the Dwarven place of origin.

I see promise here, lots to build upon. I toss my hat in the ring. Lets get this thing up and running.

What do you think?

Also... assuming this character makes it in... anyone writing up a nobleman or politician is free to claim to be one of her parents.

Well, here is my attempt. Lets see how it pans out.
Comments and critiques please.

booksv2:

Looks good, I'm glad you've invented a race of your own, since that sort of adds to the RP in a good way.

TheDoctor455:

What do you think?

Also... assuming this character makes it in... anyone writing up a nobleman or politician is free to claim to be one of her parents.

The nobles could be NPCs, or perhaps targets from The Seven, if you want.

Josh12345:

booksv2:

Looks good, I'm glad you've invented a race of your own, since that sort of adds to the RP in a good way.

TheDoctor455:

What do you think?

The nobles good be NPCs, or perhaps targets from The Seven, if you want.

Oh you meant "could" be NPCs. Almost lost me there.

Anyway...

Are you saying that as an 'or' option?

That's basically what I had in mind if no one opted to take me up on my offer.

TheDoctor455:

Josh12345:

booksv2:

TheDoctor455:

What do you think?

Anyway...

Sorry, typo, I've fixed it now.

Well the assassins target different people of different social standing, usually in an attempt to destabilise a situation, so maybe one of the parents could be a target somewhere down the line? I dunno. Until we get enough submissions its a non-issue.

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:

Josh12345:

Anyway...

Sorry, typo, I've fixed it now.

Well the assassins target different people of different social standing, usually in an attempt to destabilise a situation, so maybe one of the parents could be a target somewhere down the line? I dunno. Until we get enough submissions its a non-issue.

Well... making them targets would lead to an interesting dynamic. As they are the only two people in the world that Marcelle actually wants to kill.

So... hmm... has some possibilities. But...

for now, I think I'll wait and see if anyone takes me up on the offer.

TheDoctor455:
snip

alright then, its just a thought for now...

i am glad that you like my sheet. Would you mind if i edited my sheet to give him a good sense of smell? like good enough he can track via smell if he has to forgo sight and sound.

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:
snip

alright then, its just a thought for now...

Heh. You might've wanted to put that image in spoilers.

Anyway... looks like someone took me up on that offer. Just got a PM from someone that wanted to write a character for this RP that was one of her parents. So that's pretty cool.

Of course... if no one goes for the second parent... well... that one could end up being an assassin target.

booksv2:
i am glad that you like my sheet. Would you mind if i edited my sheet to give him a good sense of smell? like good enough he can track via smell if he has to forgo sight and sound.

Sure, its your race, but remember that the city is full of a lot of.... undesirable things, so it may not be the best ability.

TheDoctor455:
double snip

That's great.
Whether said sheet is good remains to be seen.
We don't want your parent being something like 4 years younger than you and be a master of half the magics

Josh12345:

booksv2:

Sure, its your race, but remember that the city is full of a lot of.... undesirable things, so it may not be the best ability.

TheDoctor455:
double snip

That's great.
We don't want your parent being something like 4 years younger than you and be a master of half the magics

Fair enough.

And that reminds me...
thought I should clarify something.

Marcelle herself isn't a master of magic, she's just very good at finding clever and practical uses for low level stuff. The flashier and bigger spells (which, presumably are more about damage-dealing, or have less subtle side-applications)... are ones that she doesn't really bother with aside from sucking the air out of someone's lungs.

Josh12345:

I shall resist.

TheDoctor455:

Josh12345:

booksv2:

TheDoctor455:
double snip

That's great.

Fair enough.

And that reminds me...
thought I should clarify something.

Marcelle herself isn't a master of magic, she's just very good at finding clever and practical uses for low level stuff. The flashier and bigger spells (which, presumably are more about damage-dealing, or have less subtle side-applications)... are ones that she doesn't really bother with aside from sucking the air out of someone's lungs.

I was just using it as an example. I probably would have said the same thing for a relation to Lizard-man.

EDIT: added in his scent ability.
i understand in a city its not always going to be pleasant.

Quintley:

Nice. Very nice indeed.

I don't have any problems with this sheet.

Well done.

So... Josh? What do you think?

Considering I usually get denied from joining RPs due to my insistance to play an Assassin in most RPs that don't need one, I think I have very little excuse to not sign up as one here. Though no promises, I might end up making a paladin who has infiltrated everything! Or maybe...

In all seriousness, reserving a spot for a sheet post later.

TheDoctor455:

Quintley:

Nice. Very nice indeed.

Well done.

Well I think it looks good, you two will be the ones sorting out any inconsistencies if they arise though.

drmigit2:
Considering I usually get denied from joining RPs due to my insistance to play an Assassin in most RPs that don't need one, I think I have very little excuse to not sign up as one here. Though no promises, I might end up making a paladin who has infiltrated everything! Or maybe...

No problem, its just quite a few people already have that slot filled, so you'd have a much easier time playing another role in the team. *shrug* its your sheet.

Just as a reminder to any future sheets, we're going to be fighting the Seven, not really being them, and at this point, we're seriously devoid of non-stealth characters.

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:

Quintley:

Nice. Very nice indeed.

Well done.

Well I think it looks good, you two will be the ones sorting out any inconsistencies if they arise though.

drmigit2:

No problem, its just quite a few people already have that slot filled, so you'd have a much easier time playing another role in the team. *shrug* its your sheet.

Just as a reminder to any future sheets, we're going to be fighting the Seven, not really being them, and at this point, we're seriously devoid of non-stealth characters.

I...I have a character if you are looking for the definition of a loud and dangerous fighter. He is at the best of times chaotic neutral but usually chaotic evil... Lemme think about the rammifications of Fromanzio in this.

drmigit2:

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:

Nice. Very nice indeed.

Well done.

drmigit2:

I...I have a character if you are looking for the definition of a loud and dangerous fighter. He is at the best of times chaotic neutral but usually chaotic evil... Lemme think about the rammifications of Fromanzio in this.

Don't worry, you can submit more than one sheet, and depending on any future posts both characters might get in (if you want)

Josh12345:

drmigit2:

Josh12345:

Don't worry, you can submit more than one sheet, and depending on any future posts both characters might get in (if you want)

Hmm... speaking of secondary characters... I had an idea for a vampire paladin.

Just let me know if that concept is okay to run with. If not, I won't bother. But if yes, then cool.

TheDoctor455:

Josh12345:

drmigit2:

Hmm... speaking of secondary characters... I had an idea for a vampire paladin.

Just let me know if that concept is okay to run with. If not, I won't bother. But if yes, then cool.

Go ahead. You can do whatever you want, unless I respond and say that X doesn't make sense or Y breaks the RP boundaries.

Well, I just updated the OP, the deadline for submissions will be the 27th of September, after that the actual RP will begin and any future character sheets should be PM'ed to me by anyone who's interested.

What do you think?

TheDoctor455:

What do you think?

Seems interesting enough, and as long as you don't make ''Because God says so'' as the reason for his vampirism then thats even better.

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:

What do you think?

Seems interesting enough, and as long as you don't make ''Because God says so'' as the reason for his vampirism then thats even better.

I'm going to keep that a mystery. Other PCs are more than welcome to come up with their own ideas about it.

Welp, here's my contribution to the hunting group.

JaceArveduin:
Welp, here's my contribution to the hunting group.

Quick question about the race.

Are they common above ground or do they stick to their own habitat? I'm just wondering because the city is going to be this sort of melting pot of different races and you are sort of in charge of your own race's lore.

Josh12345:
Quick question about the race.

Are they common above ground or do they stick to their own habitat? I'm just wondering because the city is going to be this sort of melting pot of different races and you are sort of in charge of your own race's lore.

Mostly underground, though they do occasionally send merchants above-ground to gather materials they can't make underground. So consider them fairly rare, but not unheard of.

The eleventh hour character donation! I'd love to partake in this game of cat and mouse and barbecued grouse!

At the suggestion of the good sir, I tweaked the post to make the character more interesting (weakness to fire, etc.)!

I blame Hiei for this character, his damnable viking pirates made me really want to make a guy like this.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked