Mall Fight: The Earthventure - Epilogue: Here Comes The Flood [CLOSED, ENDED]

 Pages PREV 1 . . . 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 . . . 346 NEXT
 

TrilbyWill:
"Fair enough. So, what do you know about the quest so far?"

"Something's been killing sheep, and we didn't manage to catch it. That's all I know. Maybe someone else managed to see it, but otherwise, there's jack we found out. That thing runs really fucking fast, I imagine."

"Right. Any idea what general direction it comes from?"

"Marcel, just get me out of this elevator."

TrilbyWill:
"Right. Any idea what general direction it comes from?"

He turns his finger to the north, where you can see the outside of a thick forest. "It's always from there; the east and west sides aren't as easy to hide in."

MinimanZombie:
"Marcel, just get me out of this elevator."

"Fine, asshole, but I want some explanations after that. And by saying that, I'm putting way more trust in you than I probably should."

I start pulling the doors open. 15; they end up opening, spewing hobo puke all over the floor. Putain de merde. (Fucking shit)

"Makes sense."
I look at the church to see if there's a vantage point facing the forest.

TrilbyWill:
"Makes sense."
I look at the church to see if there's a vantage point facing the forest.

13; the clock tower does look like it would serve as a good observation tower; however, you notice also a few pieces of equipment up there too. They must have already taken advantage of that position. You also see that the stained glass windows that face the forest have been removed in favor of sniper nests.

"Woo!"
I exit the elevator.
"Do we have running water in this place?"

I head up to check what equipment has been set up.

MinimanZombie:
"Woo!"
I exit the elevator.
"Do we have running water in this place?"

"I hope we do."

TrilbyWill:
I head up to check what equipment has been set up.

16; there are various sandpiles, bipods and crates containing equipment like maps, compasses and different kinds of ammunition. You then also notice a guy guarding the objects.

"Hey," he tells you, "you want to buy something?"

"Maybe. I just need to check something."
I start checking the cameras I stole to see if any of them have night- or thermal-vision settings.

TrilbyWill:
"Maybe. I just need to check something."
I start checking the cameras I stole to see if any of them have night- or thermal-vision settings.

4; holy shit, they don't even have a flash option! Those cameras must be the ones hipsters use to take high-definition pictures of food or something!

Ugh. This is getting tiring.

Try to develop some kind of complex combo to perform on this dude.

I switch on the radio.
Bringing up my phone, I use the map function to see how far it is to Laval.

Greenstarfanatic:
Ugh. This is getting tiring.

Try to develop some kind of complex combo to perform on this dude.

11; you kinda jump around like a ballerina and sneak in a few kicks at the zealot. 19; one of your kicks hits and channels a zillionth of Bruce Lee.

Branch Davidian: 14/30 (-7!)

The Branch Davidian rolls for recovering. 17; he manages to regain his composure and attempt to go for your massive screen yet again. 9; he fails yet another time.

Sigma Castell:
I switch on the radio.
Bringing up my phone, I use the map function to see how far it is to Laval.

The radio plays a pre-recorded interview:

You find that you're on the very edge of Montreal; you can take a nearby bridge constructed a bit farther up south of Montreal and reach the other island.

Kicking without legs is fuckin' hard, man.

Seeing as the knife isn't working very well, try stabbing him with the vibrator hand.

"Fucking..."
I sigh and turn to the guy.
"So, where are the dead sheep? I need to examine the bodies."

TrilbyWill:
"Fucking..."
I sigh and turn to the guy.
"So, where are the dead sheep? I need to examine the bodies."

"Sorry, friend, you're out of luck; by now, Roger already got them cremated. The night's going to fall soon, though, so you could sneak a corpse away."

Greenstarfanatic:
Kicking without legs is fuckin' hard, man.

Seeing as the knife isn't working very well, try stabbing him with the vibrator hand.

3, fumble with 15; some disturbing imagery comes to my mind. Said imagery baffles the Branch Davidian, temporarily distracting him.

"Dammit... Okay. Anyway, you mentioned buying stuff?"

I tear strips from the dead mans clothes, and bind them around my hands and legs. I then wrap up as warm as I can, grab the homemade radio and set off at a brisk jog towards the bridge.

TrilbyWill:
"Dammit... Okay. Anyway, you mentioned buying stuff?"

"You can bet on it; maps, compasses, military equipment, ammunition, I'm in charge of it; take whatever you want, ask me the price, and hopefully we have a deal within the first 12 hours."

Sigma Castell:
I tear strips from the dead mans clothes, and bind them around my hands and legs. I then wrap up as warm as I can, grab the homemade radio and set off at a brisk jog towards the bridge.

The moon shines above you as you begin ascending back to the top of the island and cross the bridge.

Shit, this place got really dark, all of a sudden.

I look for some guns.

TrilbyWill:
I look for some guns.

The only firearms you find are an M1 Garand and a Colt M1911.

"How much do these cost?"

TrilbyWill:
"How much do these cost?"

"The M1's around 80, and the 1911 is about 100. The ammo is 15 and 10 a mag respectively."

I attempt to haggle.
"It's 20 bucks more for a gun model that's been around two and a half decades longer?"

TrilbyWill:
I attempt to haggle.
"It's 20 bucks more for a gun model that's been around two and a half decades longer?"

"[GUN EXPERTISE] The Garand's an obsolete semi-automatic rifle that's been replaced with the M16 by 1962, while the M1911 is one of the most well-engineered pistols on the planet."

Looks like that type of haggling won't work.

"God damn British gun laws... no knowledge about guns... grumble grumble... Fine, I'll take the M1911 and a magazine."
I hand the guy the money.

TrilbyWill:
"God damn British gun laws... no knowledge about guns... grumble grumble... Fine, I'll take the M1911 and a magazine."
I hand the guy the money.

Trilby suddenly has the gun and a mag in his inventory. "Thanks for your patronage. You want something else?"

I briefly consider robbing the guy with the gun he just gave me.
I decide against it.
"Just wondering where Roger would be right about now. I should probably get some info straight from the source."

TrilbyWill:
I briefly consider robbing the guy with the gun he just gave me.
I decide against it.
"Just wondering where Roger would be right about now. I should probably get some info straight from the source."

The shopkeeper checks his watch and looks back up to you. "Well, the night shift is almost going to start, so you could wait in the church; just sit down on the bench next to the door that's close to the altar. When the bell rings, knock on the door; he should be done by then."

"Right."
I do just that.

...Uh...

Stabe Him?

I blink in the sudden darkness, take out my phone, flick the torch on and continue, walking briskly.

TrilbyWill:
"Right."
I do just that.

You find the bench and sit down on it, next to a door that reads "Roger S." At the same time, you look around the church and see groups of mercenaries going inside, pulling out their sniper rifles and loading up for the night shift as their reach their spots, using the window-less look-outs to observe the forest while other mercs directly guard the sheep.

Greenstarfanatic:
...Uh...

Stabe Him?

13; you channel your inner Vorhees and hit his arm.

Branch Davidian: 11/30 (-3!)

The Davidian attempts AGAIN to attack you by hitting your screen. 11; the guy gives up.

Sigma Castell:
I blink in the sudden darkness, take out my phone, flick the torch on and continue, walking briskly.

A bizarre sound echoes through the inside of the bridge.

I decide to take out my GPS and put in the x coordinate from the back of the photo.

 Pages PREV 1 . . . 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 . . . 346 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked