The Pub (an open RP/ Character Workshop for any and all.)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

(So this thread used to be a thing and I am hoping to make it a thing again. Basically you can bring in any character from any world ( your own personal RP characters, pop culture characters, even you yourself if you like) into the pub. This is also a character workshop. I believe writing a good story is an art, and all great artists practice, so any and all are welcome to employ their word smithing here. It is a drop in/drop out at your own prerogative. However you should be considerate of anyone you begin an interaction with. Post your regular posting times etc, blah blah blah, you all know the rules).

Between the worlds and universes and dimensions that great stories take place in lies a place between the places. "Now what kind of place might this be?" You ask me, to which I respond "Good question my friend". This place is the one that almost (mind you, I said almost) every conceivable world has. You guess it, the tap house, the public house, the bar. Apparently everyone loves alcohol (if you didn't know that, you probably should just go find a digimon thread ;)

"How does it work?" our young adventurers ask.
"Very astute and scholarly question, very good." I would reply.

It is simple. Anyone can enter the Pub (which is, by the way, its actual name: "The Pub") from their respective dimensions. One can also travel to a different dimension, so long as they are accompanied by a resident of said second dimension. The means by which they enter the pub from their own dimensions depends on the nature of the dimensions. Some use science, some use magic. In some dimensions, it might be a hidden physical door, obvious or hidden (like, say....maybe a Wardrobe ;)The means by which one comes to the pub are as diverse as the dimensions and worlds from which they come. Also, time seems to move differently depending on the home world. Everything seems relative in this place.

The owners of the pub are an older couple, Nicholaus Kin and his lover, Anastasia Romanovesky. Kin is an old psionic, weary of adventure in his and many other worlds. His abilities are wide and his many years have made him an astute scholar in many fields. However don't take him for just an old croon, he still acts as his own bouncer when he needs to. His powers of telekinesis, mind reading and astral project (among others) are extraordinary, however they are limited in certain ways. He is a psychometrist, meaning his powers require physical contact of touch.

Anastasia Romanovesky, while older, has lost none of her spunk and fire to her age. She has been Kins companion through many adventures. A romance developed between them and while it was never made official, she considers herself Anastasia Kin (seeing as how so many different universes and dimensions have such varying ideas on marriage, it didnt make much sense to get married in only one dimension). In her respective world, she is called a "red energy user" This is primarily destructive energy, however with training and discipline, it can become a great tool for any purpose. She still has a bit of her old, raw nerve, loose cannon ways in her, and while she is normally cheery and well meaning, her temper has been an animal to contain for both her and Nicholaus.

And so these two weary adventurers decided to settle down, and upon finding an nice little pocket of subspace connected to a seemingly unlimited number of other worlds, decided to try their hand at the hospitality business. They built the three story inn and decorated it themselves. One will find paintings of many types, pictures of regulars as well as a few of the proprietors old friends. A few taxidermists handywork is displayed on walls, as well as a few artifacts from different dimensions. The bar is made from an amazing magical wood. The shelves can produce almost any sort of liquid imaginable. Kin and Ana have yet to disclose how it works.

The Pub is split into three floors and a basement. The main floor is a pub, complete with Kitchen, tables, bars and a few booths. The second floor is actually only a balcony with more seating. The third contains rooms for rent, as well as Kin and Anas. The basement is unused for the moment, however the owners are willing to negotiate with anyone who wishes to use it for their own purposes.

So come one, come all. Take a seat, order a drink and relax. Welcome to the Pub at the edge of existence! "But Hussmann! Do I need to put up a character sheet? Or apply?"
"No my good sir you do not. You simply need to exist as a character!"

Kin and Ana are at the bar ready to entertain any and all.

a man dressed in old west clothing stumbles through and falls over face first he groans lifting his hat above his eyes "where am i?? this can't be the desert anymore I can't feel the earth under me only wood, so what I am doing in the building in the middle of nowhere? I'm in something like The Mall ain't i?" I said sighing as he try to get his eyes to focus as I'd been out in the sun too long and the dimness of the room made his eyes go all funny.

"Ah, good afternoon my good sir." Nicholaus smiles. He is wiping down the counter of the bar with a rag.
"I think I know of this "mall". Trans-dimensional shopping space right?"
Suddenly a voice is heard from the back.
"Do we have a visitor?"
"Indeed we do love." Kin turns to David.
"Pull up a chair."

"yeah that's it it's ah kind of gone now but I think the others are working on something, you a Mall Fighter too" I said sitting down a stool "I have a beer for now" taking off my hat and sets it on the table revealing my short black hair and face

Kin grabs a mug and begins to fill it at the taps.
"Well to be frank I never got involved. Watched a little bit though. There was one other time I went into a mall and zombies showed up. It was kinda crazy."
He smirks and hands the full mug to David.

"hm I probably wasn't there that time, though it's usually kinda crazy I must admit" I said picking up the mug and taking a sip

"So what brings you here?" Kin says, cleaning another glass. Ana speaks up from the back. "Are we out of Salt..no wait.... no we aren't".

"well it was a coincidence really, I'd been stranded out in the desert for about 4 days without food and barely any water, I was just walking aimlessly and saw nothing but sand hills for miles and beaming hot sun it's probably my least favorite time" I said taking another sip "then out of nowhere I saw The Pub door which I hadn't seen in a long time I thought it was just a hallucination and I tried to walk though it but smacked right into it and then I tried the door handle and you know the rest" I said ruffling my hair up a little and then scratching my beard

At that moment the pub door swung open and in scuttled a giant black lobster measuring just over a metre from end to end. The crustacean's only attire was a battered military cap perched precariously above his antenna and a small wooden pipe which he carried in one of his claws. He hoisted himself onto the stool next to David and raised his cap in greeting to the humans in the pub.

"Pint of cider, if you've got it," he said cordially to the barman in a British accent that wouldn't have been out of place in a Great War trench as he scattered a few golden coins in front of him with a wave of his claw.

"Good Evening Good Sir" I said lifting my glass in reply as a Welcome before finishing the glass and setting it down on the bar "Hm another good sir" I said sitting back in the stool

Kin smiles. He is no stranger to the "odd" or "bizarre". In this type of living, it wasn't uncommon for him to be the odd one out.
"One cider coming right up. Will that be served hot or cold?"

Anastasia emerged at that moment, wearing a simple green dress with an apron which is soaked, she is sweating a little bit and has a bandanna on her head.
"Finally fixed the plumbing for the sink in room seven. It was leaking into... well, presumably another dimension..."
She rubs her hands vigorously. "So what is next?"
Nicholaus looks over at a note taped to the overhang of the bar as he pours a glass of cider and turns on the burners.
"Actually I think that is it love. This ship is seaworthy once more."
She gives him a peck on the cheek.
"Then Ill go get changed"

"Indeed, good evening," the lobster replied to the man besides him before turning to Kin, "Cold as the polar regions of Mars, my good man," he said heartily, adding, "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Captain Marcus Declaw of the 7th Western Plains Regiment, at your service. Say, where am I exactly? I don't quite remember how I arrived..."

"Cold it is." Kin nods.
"You are at "The Pub". Thats.... well... what we named it."
Suddenly a voice rings out. Anastasia can be heard.
"Hey, I wanted to name it "The grey" after our friend Silas, but noooooo, you had to go with the boring title."
"Anyways, You are at a bar at the edge of known space. Fun right? As to how you got here, who knows? It is different in every dimension."

"John Matthews, Famed Bounty Hunter of The Old West and Mall Fighter, a pleasure" I said taking a sip from my new drink "You'd be surprised I've been here a few times and there's a lot more to this place"

Nicholaus Kin looks at John.
"Well we are still working on keeping this building from falling over haha. Apparently it was only abandoned for a few months in real time, but we all know how time works." He laughs.
"There is a basement downstairs we haven't found a great use for yet, but we could swear the walls are hollow. At least a few of them anyways."

"Huh, a place outside the dominion of our Crust..." Marcus muttered to himself, feeling a strange mixture of freedom and loneliness. Who knew if it's tasty goodness could reach as far as a place like this? "Are you the ruler of this domain?" he asked Kin, taking a slurp of the cider he'd been served.

All in all it took only seconds to go from nothing to the shady swirl and then with a cacophonous clamorous flop the armour falls to the ground before jerking back to an upright position, one tendril wrapped around where a neck would be turns the head sweeping it across the room quite a few degrees beyond a normal angle.
What a strange place, and what stranger fellows.

"Afternoon" Kin looked at the newcomer, observing it.
He turned to his other customer.
"Well any term like "ruler" might be overdoing it a bit, but yes, I am the current owner of this facility."

Upon entering the place I blink in utter surprise. I look back from which I came and was equally surprised. looking back into the place I ask dumbfounded "how the hell did I..." then a smile slowly stretched over my face. "Oh I see whats going on here...this is some elaborate joke, a ummm holographic scheme of some sort well Im telling you wright now Im onto yall"

The Pub: Foyer

A coyote, a highly modified Eyebot and a young girl wearing a grubby set of traveling clothing walk into a Pub in the middle of nowhere/everywhere and pause to look at what appeared before them. Rubbing her eyes, the girl does a double take and looks at the shelves of bottle liquor, the wooden bar where drinks were served and motley assortment of patrons were already seated at said bar.

Grumbling for a moment, Mercy Rabbit turned around and exited the Pub -

Post War Wyoming: Entrance to Vault 74

and stepped back into the Tunnel that she, Vera and Wiley had been in just seconds ago. Turning around, the Builder Bunny examined the large multi-ton Vault door and noted that it did indeed display the number 74 prominently in the center.

"That was strange." The Plasma Rabbit muttered as she, once again, stepped through the Vault Door -

and back into a Pub.

"Hey, Sissy V? Am I hallucinating or did we just step into a bar?" Mercy asked as she left the Pub once more -

Post War Wyoming: Entrance to Vault 74

and back into the entrance tunnel that had lead them to Vault 74, the spot where Ulysses had told them to meet.

"Should have taken a left at Casper?" The Rabbit Sister asked herself as she stepped through the Vault door -

and back into the Pub.

"Okay. Either I've never been in a real Vault before or this isn't a Vault and Ulysses is playing a joke." Mercy said aloud, looking at each of the patrons and wondering if one of them was Ulysses in disguise.

"Oh I see whats going on here...this is some elaborate joke, a ummm holographic scheme of some sort well Im telling you wright now Im onto yall"

The lobster looked up from his glass, almost at the same time two humans, a droid, some sort of dog and a thing had all entered the bar. He tipped his military cap to them in greeting.

"It's as real as the ground beneath your dactylus," he replied to the questioner, thinking the scriptural quote was most appropriate for the situation, even if it wasn't strictly accurate.

Bearon woke up with his face on the table of the booth he had fallen asleep in, looking around he observed that everybody who had been in the bar when he entered had now left and that a number of new customers were entering. Feeling only a little refreshed from his sleep at the booth, Bearon walked over to the bar to order a drink.
'Surprise me with something strong, I need something to wake me up.' He said, pulling out a small object that resembled a nicotine patch, but produced UV light instead. As he waited at the bar he stuck the patch on his right shoulder and looked around the pub.

Clade-170:
"Oh I see whats going on here...this is some elaborate joke, a ummm holographic scheme of some sort well Im telling you wright now Im onto yall"

"Heh........you'd be surprised at how many people have said that when they enter, but to my knowledge none have once they've left" I said pulling out a cigarette and a match, striking it against the bar I lit my cigarette and blow a breath of smoke upwards to the ceiling, as I turn round face to Clade I smile and walk up to him "Clade good to see you!, been a long time since The Mall eh, how have you been my friend?" I said holding out my hand to shake

I let out a long sigh then shake Anon's hand with a friendly smile, "ben better Im telling ya, It seems fate likes to put me in odd situations" I shoot a glance at the lobster guy, "From the ocean I presume?". I ask in a more playful way then offensive

Kin began to administer drinks. Keeping small talk with a few. Ana returned, cleaned up and began to work next to her husband.

Seeing drinks were being handed out the tendrils hanging from the portal set to work, the one that had been twisting the hypothetical neck turned the helmet to fix on which ever unfortunate soul happened to be in the vicinity. Four others descended each tangling around a limb with a vice like grip. One of the suit's arms extended out towards the bar, the creature didn't bother asking a question it wasn't one for words. Instead it just using it's psychic abilities of reverse empathy, everyone in the immediate area felt the need for a drink. Though if anyone thought about the thoughts the Tendrilthane was making them think it be obvious they weren't actually thinking them.

"From the ocean I presume?"

"I've lived there in the past," Marcus shrugged, "though I'm a Martian lobster by birth. I prefer Earth overall, more colourful and a pleasant place to live as long as you watch out for the lobster pots."

Clade-170:
"ben better Im telling ya, It seems fate likes to put me in odd situations"

"well come sit down and you can tell me all about it over a several rounds of drinks" I said gesturing to sit with him

"well come sit down and you can tell me all about it over a several rounds of drinks"

"sounds good to me" I take a final look around and finaly take a seat next to Anon. "do you recall the last thing I did in the mall?" I ask with a smug grin as if Im about to say something crazy

"though I'm a Martian lobster by birth. I prefer Earth overall, more colourful and a pleasant place to live as long as you watch out for the lobster pots."

"Ahhh yes, I see how that would be a danger to you, but im glad you managed to handle yourself" I nod in Marcus's direction

In a flash, a neurotic looking man barged into the pub. He seemed jittery, his eyes scanning the room for someone. He had a gun holstered in his pocket and a badge marking his status as sheriff around these parts. He was more than agitated to say the least, in fact he seemed so burdened with anger that he could just be drowned in a sea of rage. The man rushed up to the bar, shoving a few patrons out of his way and said straight to the bar tender. "I need FIVE shots of your strongest whiskey now!"

"do you recall the last thing I did in the mall?"

"you know it's the strangest thing but I can't, I guess this is what happens when you've lived for more than 500 years" I said before taking a long sip of my drink

OCC: I count The Mall pages in hundreds since my arrival and turn it into years

"I need FIVE shots of your strongest whiskey now!"

"woe man, take it easy Im sure theirs enough for everyone". I study the man alittle further, "damn, you ok? you look like youve ben through hell"

"you know it's the strangest thing but I can't, I guess this is what happens when you've lived for more than 500 years"

"well...then I guess in simpler terms, do you remember a dragon?"

"well...then I guess in simpler terms, do you remember a dragon?"

I sit back in my chair taking a moment to think "was that the one when we were hunting a dragon and we made an elaborate trap for it which involved Lambs, a fake farm in a canyon and me, you and the others taking up sniper positions around the top of said canyon with explosives or the one when you befriended a dragon and it followed us around for a while?" I said making all of it sound like it's amazingly awesome to be a Mall Fighter

"damn, you ok? you look like youve ben through hell"

The man turns over to the one who called him. Now in the light, everyone could see the man was wrinkled and had a retreating hairline, he was out of shape, but still thin, he looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. His gun was a revolver and seemed oversized for whatever job he could have. His eyes were a bright blue and contrasted with his otherwise defeated face. He seemed unenthused that someone was talking to him other than the bartender. He got up.

"Alright, who the hell told you to talk to me? Huh? Oh just because someone goes in a bar he has to talk to everyone in a three mile radius? Fuck you dude, I am here for a drink, what right does pond-scum like you have to even ask if I am okay?" He goes in close and whispers "I'm just peachy."

He then turns round back to the bar and yells to the bartender "Barkeep! Make it six!"

[just after The Sheriff insulted Clade]

"Alright, who the hell told you to talk to me? Huh? Oh just because someone goes in a bar he has to talk to everyone in a three mile radius? Fuck you dude, I am here for a drink, what right does pond-scum like you have to even ask if I am okay?"

*he did not just call him scum, oh no he didn't* I thought standing up myself "Oi that's my friend you're calling Pond-scum there Sheriff! so I suggest you calm yourself and sit back" I said glaring at him

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked