Star Trek RP: DS9 (Interest thread)

STAR TREK

DS9

So I thought it would be cool to start up a Star Trek themed RP but before I did I thought it necessary to work over some things in the interest of making it better.

proposition

1.) The RP would start on the famed DS9 station under the command of Captain Benjamin Sisko.

2.) Players would be able create their own character or play as any of the DS9 characters such as Odo, Kira Nerys, Worf, Garak, or even Quark and etc. Though If we do that Ill need to know before hand exactly whose going to participate and who's interested in the role.

3.) As to when this would take place I feel that can be open for suggestion, but I would prefer close to the start of or during the Dominion War.

4.) Id like to give freedom of travel and story making. Meaning, DS9 is simply where you start what you do after is up to you, be creative.

5.) I wouldn't want to worry about exactly going in accordance with how events occurred in the Series. I thought it would be easier to agree when we start and go from their, creating something of our own little alternate reality sort of thing.

6.) And of course, maybe the sheet would look something like this...

conclusion

These are just the bare basic idea of what I would like to achieve in this RP. But this is, of course, open for discussion. Id be glad to read your ideas and suggestions to make this a real fun RP.

...live long and prosper lol

How would you feel about a Babylon 5 Crossover?

<.<

TheDoctor455:

<.<

what would you have in mind?

Clade-170:

TheDoctor455:

<.<

Hmm... if we take the Dominion into account then...

Shadow and Vorlon war happening at around the same time?

And during that one battle where they directly fought each other... things went a little differently...

all of the First Ones present fought each other immediately and opened a rift in space-time...

sending everyone there (including Sherridan's fleet) into the Star Trek Universe.

The First Ones quickly retreated into the edges of space to wait until they learned more about this new universe...

while the Younger Races quickly found the nearest Federation outpost... DS9.

Which would mean that the Federation has suddenly made a lot of first contact...

including the strangest of all... less advanced humans from a different universe/timeline/whatever.

And at first, the Federation did everything it could to figure out how to get everyone back to their home dimension where they belonged...

but that was five years ago.

And the Dominion War started.

Though this time... there are hints that one of the First Ones may be helping the Dominion along.

And in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, there are rumors that Borg are attempting assimilate the lesser First Ones before turning their attention to the Shadows and Vorlons... and of course, THE First One.

I think that might give players a lot of potential plot threads to follow.

Oh yeah... and Sherridan is trying to organize another fleet... of the remnants of his, and whatever support he can find in this universe to go and stop the Borg from accomplishing their assimilation plot. Because he's read up on Star Trek history and has trouble imagining a bigger threat than First Ones being added to the Collective.

Er...

what do you think?

TheDoctor455:

Clade-170:

TheDoctor455:

<.<

And during that one battle where they directly fought each other... things went a little differently...

all of the First Ones present fought each other immediately and opened a rift in space-time...

sending everyone there (including Sherridan's fleet) into the Star Trek Universe.

The First Ones quickly retreated into the edges of space to wait until they learned more about this new universe...

Which would mean that the Federation has suddenly made a lot of first contact...

including the strangest of all... less advanced humans from a different universe/timeline/whatever.

And at first, the Federation did everything it could to figure out how to get everyone back to their home dimension where they belonged...

Though this time... there are hints that one of the First Ones may be helping the Dominion along.

And in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, there are rumors that Borg are attempting assimilate the lesser First Ones before turning their attention to the Shadows and Vorlons... and of course, THE First One.

Oh yeah... and Sherridan is trying to organize another fleet... of the remnants of his, and whatever support he can find in this universe to go and stop the Borg from accomplishing their assimilation plot. Because he's read up on Star Trek history and has trouble imagining a bigger threat than First Ones being added to the Collective.

Er...

what do you think?

My only delima, and I probably should of mentioned from the start, is that Im not to familiar with Babylon 5 like at all. Id be willing to read up on it and learn about it though, cause those ideas do sound interesting.

Cool Idea bro, the only thing is Id probably have to study Babylon 5 some to get familiar with the story. But that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Clade-170:

TheDoctor455:

Clade-170:

Er...

what do you think?

My only delima, and I probably should of mentioned from the start, is that Im not to familiar with Babylon 5 like at all. Id be willing to read up on it and learn about it though, cause those ideas do sound interesting.

Cool Idea bro, the only thing is Id probably have to study Babylon 5 some to get familiar with the story. But that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Thanks, and I can help you out with that.

I'm pretty sure its on Netflix, and by now, its probably on Hulu as well.

And here's the TV Tropes page, which should give you the bear-bones of it at least:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/BabylonFive

After reading that... if you have any specific questions... feel free to ask me.

I'm kind of the B5 equivalent of a Trekkie... while I haven't gone to any cons... I do know every season very well, and know a lot of the behind the scenes stuff as well.

having read this entire thread I feel that i need to point out that DS9 is nothing more than a cheep B5 Clone with star trek themes. (yes I know that DS9 came out first, but, J. Michael Straczynski first approached Paramount with his idea for B5 and left his 'bible' with them and then DS9 came along with surprisingly similar themes and storylines.

in any event, I love DS9 and B5 and this sounds like a great idea. ^_^

Edit: I own every season of DS9 and B5 on dvd and have the first 5 movies for B5 (cant get the others :( ) and i have seen every episode multiple times including the directors commentary's. there is little i love more in the world then a good scifi.

Oh and Clade, assuming you decide to go with my crossover idea...

I'd like to call dibs on the Psi-Cop, Alfred Bester.

TheDoctor455:
Oh and Clade, assuming you decide to go with my crossover idea...

I'd like to call dibs on the Psi-Cop, Alfred Bester.

If not you could always be a time traveling chekov, atleast you can be the same actor :p

Ok so I did a little research and watched one of the movies "in the beginning". My conclusion is that B5 is essentially where Human kind can conducts diplomacy with other races after their accidental war with the Minbari (srry if I misspelled)

Am I correct in this?

basically. yes. if you like ds9 I recommend it, it is amazing.

MemLCol TBOT:
having read this entire thread I feel that i need to point out that DS9 is nothing more than a cheep B5 Clone with star trek themes. (yes I know that DS9 came out first, but, J. Michael Straczynski first approached Paramount with his idea for B5 and left his 'bible' with them and then DS9 came along with surprisingly similar themes and storylines.

in any event, I love DS9 and B5 and this sounds like a great idea. ^_^

Edit: I own every season of DS9 and B5 on dvd and have the first 5 movies for B5 (cant get the others :( ) and i have seen every episode multiple times including the directors commentary's. there is little i love more in the world then a good scifi.

Maybe in the beginning, but over time Deep Space 9 gained its own identity and it became clear that it wasn't *just* a paramount imitation show. The first three seasons are fairly solid for a Trek show, but once Season 4 kicked off with the Klingon-Cardassian War, the show took on a different angle that I found much more interesting.

Soviet Heavy:

Maybe in the beginning, but over time Deep Space 9 gained its own identity and it became clear that it wasn't *just* a paramount imitation show. The first three seasons are fairly solid for a Trek show, but once Season 4 kicked off with the Klingon-Cardassian War, the show took on a different angle that I found much more interesting.

oh.. I like you.

I think I already made the impression I was for a crossover but Id just like to officially say that I'm in full support of this. Though, even though I have done a little more research into it, I wouldn't consider myself an expert of Babylon 5. If you guys really want to do this fine, I'm game...but maybe things would go smoother if perhaps I had a coGM who was vary familiar with B5, just saying.

On another note, going along with the alternate reality thing. Maybe we can start it somewhere between the first couple episodes of the series. But the arrival of B5 peoples to the alpha quadrant changed everything, that would be the moment that our reality splits from the original one. And what we do from then on would be completely up to us

Clade-170:
I think I already made the impression I was for a crossover but Id just like to officially say that I'm in full support of this. Though, even though I have done a little more research into it, I wouldn't consider myself an expert of Babylon 5. If you guys really want to do this fine, I'm game...but maybe things would go smoother if perhaps I had a coGM who was vary familiar with B5, just saying.

On another note, going along with the alternate reality thing. Maybe we can start it somewhere between the first couple episodes of the series. But the arrival of B5 peoples to the alpha quadrant changed everything, that would be the moment that our reality splits from the original one. And what we do from then on would be completely up to us

I do like this... i am just going to go rewatch the first 4 eps of ds9 again

i have an idea give me a few mins to work it out

Bring in the Culture. Because, Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall, Helpless In The Face Of Your Beauty, You May Not Be The Coolest Person Here, Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality, and Hand Me The Stick And Ask Me Again, are just so completely kickass ship names compared to Enterprise and Voyager.

in the second episode of DS9 here

the kon ma try to blow up the entrance to the wormhole and close it for good. during the attempt Kira manages to halt them long enough for them to miss.

if kira is injured and doesn't stop them from using the bomb tho, and the prophets being what they are are able to turn the explosion into energy then the wormhole could become a super wormhole of sorts which if happening at the same time as the war between the first ones in the docters idea. works to drag sheridan and the rest into the startrek universe?

sorry im really tired, im not proof reading ill come back and spell check later. night guys <3

Considering the technological level of B5 a straight crossover would be a mess. I would recommend only bringing in the Vorlons and Shadows. They occupy an intriguing middle ground between godlike entities like Q and normal meatspace races. The other races of B5, even the Minbari, are at a massive technological disparity with the Alpha Quadrant races. In this style of crossover the interloper factions require the means to effect meaningful change. Also without the First Ones B5 loses almost all steam.

PrinceOfShapeir:
Considering the technological level of B5 a straight crossover would be a mess. I would recommend only bringing in the Vorlons and Shadows. They occupy an intriguing middle ground between godlike entities like Q and normal meatspace races. The other races of B5, even the Minbari, are at a massive technological disparity with the Alpha Quadrant races. In this style of crossover the interloper factions require the means to effect meaningful change. Also without the First Ones B5 loses almost all steam.

*pokes head over corner* Hey guys, I apologies for not posting in a long while.

I think thats a fair suggestion PrinceOfShapeir. Maybe they don't necessarily get stranded in the first place

going with TBOT's idea maybe all that happens is that the wormhole becomes upgraded, thus not only allowing travel to the gamma quadrant but to the B5 universe as well.

I would see this allowing players to travel between the B5 and Star Trek Universes.

...just a thought

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked