Gato Community College. (game thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 . . . 56 NEXT

Viktor thought for a moment, then an idea twigged. "Ok, I know this isn't as...amusing...as mine, but it occurs to me that I really know nothing about you. I've met a couple of automatons before, but neither of them were as remotely 'human' as you." He said, watching her. "So, where are you from? Who built you?"

"Ok, I know this isn't as...amusing...as mine, but it occurs to me that I really know nothing about you. I've met a couple of automatons before, but neither of them were as remotely 'human' as you. So, where are you from? Who built you?"

Mirabelle blinked for a second, surprised at how easy the question was. Then again, just because the question was easy, didn't mean that everyone asked it.

"Um...hm. Well, I'm from the province of Galicia, in the northwest corner of Spain. It's a nice place, lots of seafood and Greenery. Anyways, the man who built me was my father, Rodrigo Delgado. He was nice but was also focused on making sure that I was well educated, especially in the ways on how to build new parts for and just generally maintain myself. He worked as an engineer publicly, and helped create quite a few designs and working models of equipment that's still being used today apparently. Still, he was, for the most part, an alchmist and was thus focused on trying to complete the Great Work. Heck, before he realized that I was sentient and could think, he focused more on that than me and even after he put it on the back burner, i still noticed him working on it in secret, though apparently I came first by then. I understand why he still continued it...it's the Great Work after all, the search for immortality. Most alchemists go for it for fear of death but he...he felt he had a responsibility to do so, mostly due to creating a, for the most part, unaging daughter for whom he didn't want to have to experience the sad truth of outliving all of her own family. Unfortunantly, most alchemists don't get to complete the Great Work, and he didn't either..."

She paused for a moment, trying to figure out how to steer the conversation back to lighter topics, before continuing, "...Anyways, before I sour the mood...Sierra, truth or dare?"

Sierra sat and listened to both story's, Viktor's Story was amusing, but she wondered if it was really the most embarrassing thing that's happened to him given his readiness to talk about it, but at the same time it happened during the 60s so maybe he just didn't care anymore.

She figured it was the latter.

Mira's story she found more interesting, though her own thoughts on it where interrupted when Mira put her on the spot with the dreaded 'Truth or Dare?' question. Part of her wanted to say dare, mostly cause she felt like she could trust Mira to not do anything to crazy to her. But doing stupid stuff wasn't why she agreed to play the game.

"Truth."

"Truth."

Mirabelle wondered if her question was good enough, comparing it to the questions that came before. Still, it's not like they were judging them or anything so she wasn't too worried about it. Looking back at Sierra, she said, "So...we all know you're good with enchanting...but I want to know, what got you into it? What made you intrested enough to pursue it?"

She thought it was a fair enough question...she just hoped it didn't make her sound like she was insulting her or anything over it. Of course, even if it did, she thought of it as a good question anyways since...well, she had gotten into alchemy due to interest over how she was created, so she wondered if anything similar happened to Sierra. Now she just had to wait...

One the short list of questions she was expecting, that wasn't one of them, though give it was Mirabelle it probably should have been.

"The short answer is. It's apparently 'in my blood'. a week plus laid up with fuck all to do gave me time to poke around in my family history for a 'magical' perspective, and apparently, it's what my blood line on my mothers side was know for back before 'magic' was driven underground." Sierra began. "So I was already predisposed to want to 'enchant things'. As for why I peruse it." she said taking a drink off her beer.

"It was one of the 'outlets' I had when my former demon powers start to wake up in full. My mother, Heather, being totally unaware of magic and all related things had to ask her friend Noire, who is a sorceress, for help, which I imagine was rather awkward. Anyway, Noire is the one who introduced me to Enchanting once she found out I like to build things. Which I'm sure you all could have guessed if you've ever been in my room and seen my selves, whats more though she never let me get bored of it, once I mastered one principle she get me another, then another, then a little challenge then another of those till before I knew it I was starting to conduct my own experiments and research." Sierra continue, stopping only to take a drink off her beer. "Noire is also the one who got me into 'normal sciences' as a means of augmenting me enchanting skills, and I quote "It's easier to break or bend certain natural laws when you actually understand the normal physics behind something."

Sierra finished, then noticed her Beer was also finished, and frowned. "Sorry if 'it was to keep me from getting into trouble' was a bit of a dull answer, but it is why I started doing it." Sierra concluded, and took a look at those who'd yet to be a target and thought about it for a moment while she flagged a waitress down for another one.

"Alright Will, your up. Truth or Dare."

Will was enjoying the little history from his friends. He always like to learn new things and the two he heard so far were interesting. Though he gulped when it was his turn to pick Truth or Dare. Setting down his drink, which was half empty by now as he tried to think of an answer.

"Um..well.I..um...I..I pick truth..not wait Dare..no wait.yeah Dare!" he said, his mind taking things a bit to far as he was worried. On one hand, he felt like they may get annoyed that someone else picked Truth. On the other hand he didn't want to know what sort of twisted dares Sierra would come up with. Though it was probably better then Juliet ones...he hoped.

"Yeah..I..I'll picked dare." He nodded. Smiling lightly as he was ready for what come.

Sierra gave Will a rather surprised look, she hadn't expected him to go for 'dare', but the die had been cast so now, she had to think of a dare, something a little out side his comfort zone but not so far that he'd openly reject it.

"Your dare, is to give myself or Juliet here, a kiss. On the cheek is fine, but if your feeling bold you could always go for a kiss on the lips." Sierra said after a few moments a thinking, clearly having to rethink her plan a bit.

Will face went red as he look at the two. Not sure which one to kiss or how? Would he kiss on the cheek? or on the lips? His eyes moving back and forth between the two. What if he kiss Sierra and Juliet gets mad? Or vice versa? Hoping he made a right choice as he walk over and went to Sierra. Closing his eyes as he leans forward to give her a kiss on the cheek. Not really watching what he was doing.

Wondering what Juliet was thinking and hoping she wasn't going to get mad at him. Knowing she kindof been pushing on him for sex, but was it cause she likes him? or because she was a succubus? he didn't know but at the moment he was going to have his first kiss.

Sierra, seeing Will coming in, eye's closed toward her cheek, briefly considered turning her head to surprise Will with a kiss on the lips, but decided against it and let him go in and give her a kiss on the cheek.

After he finished she smiled, gave him a peck on the forehead and then waited to see who Will was going challenge.

Kissing her cheek lightly as he pulled away. Blushing lightly at her smiled as he saw her moving forward and kissed him on the forehead. Smiling as he sat back down as he look at Juliet and Sol. Wondering which of the two he should asked, decide to go with Sol as he didn't want him to go through whatever Dare Juliet might come up with.

"Sol..Truth or dare?" he asked, as he was glad his part was over.

Sol went from chuckling at Vik's story to listenting intently to both Mira and Sierra, before chuckling at the sheer awkwardness between Sierra and Will. He wondered if Sierra had been intending to fool Will into giving her a kiss on the mouth, which would've probably ended up ruining the mood somewhat, at least if Will got nervous.

Or. I don't know, more nervous.

"Sol..Truth or dare?"

"I'd say dare, but honestly, there's not an awful lot of fun things I can do without moving around, so... you know. Truth. Give me your worst, or something like that."

Honestly, a more mundane question could potentially be more difficult for him to answer than just one about embarrassment.

Will sat there a bit trying to think of a good question. Should I asked him about his hunting career? Should I just ask something easy? Thinking it over as he found something he wanted. "So Sol..Do you ever plan to retired or quit being a hunter in the future?" Will asked as he thought that was a good question. Nothing about his past that he might not want to talk about, and something to look forward too.

"So Sol..Do you ever plan to retired or quit being a hunter in the future?"

Sol raised an eyebrow, the question was surprisingly... well, normal. It felt like it was a question asked 20 years too early, at the very least, but he shrugged. "I have no idea, I never was one for planning."

He was quiet for a bit, not sure of who to choose next, but decided he'd answer the question a little more thoroughly first.

"I suppose I should say a little more, huh. Explain a bit. Well, you see, I wasn't born into a family of hunters or something like that. I must've been... 20, no, 21 when I found out there even was something to hunt, before that I believed the entirety of the world was what I saw, nothing supernatural, not even a god. Just me, and a world weighted against me. I did choose to become a hunter, but it was the lesser of two evils. Either that, or running. Of course, I had skills that fit well in with such a lifestyle, but I made the decision in one day, out of need." He scratched his chin, an earnest expression on his face.

"So, you know. I never knew I'd be here. I imagine I'll probably retire when I have to, or when it seems fitting, if I don't die first, but I never really thought that far. My former goal was to become rich, buy a big house and live in luxury, never having to worry about money, but that's not really how it goes with being a hunter. It's more of a lifestyle. And I don't think a normal life with, I don't know, a spouse, perhaps a kid or two, a suburb house, a 9-5 job, would be my kind of thing. I'd be extremely bored."

I wonder if I would quit if I married Luke.

Probably not, he'd tone it back a little, no running around taking jobs in India or South America, but he'd still be a hunter. "I suppose I might tone it down to only doing a few jobs every couple of months though, if I married someone really amazing." He smiled, thoughtfully.

"Anyhow, my turn to ask someone. And, since we're all great friends here, I'm going to go ahead and chose the person who hasn't been asked yet. Juliet, truth or dare?"

"Anyhow, my turn to ask someone. And, since we're all great friends here, I'm going to go ahead and chose the person who hasn't been asked yet. Juliet, truth or dare?"

"Dare," she said "and regarding your rules I'm up for quite a bit so feel free to be creative."

She felt saying dare was more fitting to the spirit of things considering she doubted she'd answer most questions truthfully. Any questions about her past or childhood could be unpleasant after all, they didn't trouble her much but discussing growing up in hell might be uncomfortable for the others. Might say truth next time, we'll see.

So far the game had been enjoyable, learning little tidbits about the others was amusing to her and the others actually talking and opening up was making the occasion more enjoyable.

"Dare, and regarding your rules I'm up for quite a bit so feel free to be creative."

"Oh, you should not have said that," Sol said, grinning. "Now I'll have to get really creative..." He looked at her, thinking it through. Part of him wondered exactly what he'd need to make her feel hesitant, to make it like an actual dare. That meant challenging her.

Creative, huh.

There wasn't an awful lot they could in that place didn't involve one of the others.

Perhaps ask her to seduce someone? It would be interesting to see exactly how a demon does it.

Of course, that would mean putting someone through something they either were uncomfortable with, or too easily caught up in.

Unless... Oh, Sol, you bad boy, you have a boyfriend.

Which made him the perfect target, a good, pointless target for her to try to conquer. Dares weren't supposed to be easy or fun, they were supposed to be difficult or embarrassing. Besides, he'd said no sexual behaviour and he meant it, so it wasn't as if he'd tell her to kiss him or anything like that. It would all be innocent play.

Besides, I can play a bit of that game as well.

"I have one, though it's going to sound a bit peculiar, but you said creative, and believe me, this one is. You're going to try to seduce... me." He pointed at himself, grinning.

"Yes, me, with the boyfriend. I am bisexual, though, so it's not impossible, far from it. Besides, I'd never cheat, and this stuff isn't such a big deal either way, so it'll simply be a challenge between two friends." He looked at her with an innocent expression.

"It won't be easy though, and you won't gain anything out of it if you fail, wouldn't be a good dare if you did. You'd also look like a pretty bad succubus. However, if you get me at least a little hooked, a little warmed up, I will do you a favor. Nothing sexual or something that would be considered actual cheating, but a favor of mine can be worth quite a lot, if you know how to use it. You can use as much or as little time as you want, physical touching up to a kiss on the cheek is fine, but if you're not comfortable with me having a boyfriend, you can simply use words. Oh, and don't believe I'm getting anything out of this, I simply believe I'm the most difficult target that would agree to this, and I'm confident in that you won't manage it."

He crossed his arms, a cheeky expression revealing that he was pleased with himself. "How's that for a dare? Feel free to make me think of something else, but I'd say it's pretty damn creative."

"How's that for a dare? Feel free to make me think of something else, but I'd say it's pretty damn creative."

"Are you sure Luke would approve?" she said teasingly "not that its any of my business of course."

She thought for a moment about whether or not to accept the dare, of course her claiming to not be comfortable with it would be a lie but she had no difficulty with lying. Still it sounded amusing and harmless enough, if a bit of a waste. A favor is always nice though.

What approach to try though? Flirting would be somewhat disruptive to the rest of the group and Sol would likely laugh it off. Clearly he treated intimacy rather casually after all... a more physical approach then. Even if he had plenty of restraint anyone could get hot and bothered by the touch of an attractive woman.

She smiled coyly, stood up and moved next to Sol sitting down next to him and leaning into him just enough that he could feel her soft skin pressing against him. She reached up placing one arm behind him and ran her fingers gently through his hair. She leaned in closer and whispered, her breath hot against his ear.

"I'll take you up on that," she said, her voice smooth and sultry.

She looked up at the rest of the group, thinking briefly on who to choose next. After a brief amount of deliberation her gaze landed on Sierra.

"Sierra," she said "truth or dare?"

Sierra raised an eye brow at Sols dare to Juliet, that seemed like it was asking for trouble to her. Then she locked eyes with Juliet for a moment and she knew she was up again.

Though she gave the choice of truth or dare a bit more thought, Juliet was after far more bold after all. "Truth, we're supposed to be getting to know each-other better after all." she said after a few moments, and a look toward the bar with a 'where's my drink' expression.

Will was surprise by Sol dare, and even a bit more surprise that Juliet took it. Watching her get comfy and sitting up close to Sol. Though he kept to himself and not say anything. It was already a bit awkward as is and he was sure he would say something to make it worst.

Though he was even a bit more surprise that Juliet asked Sierra a truth or dare already. Hearing her say truth and thought it was probably for the best. He thought Juliet might go a bit far with the dare if she had the chance.

Viktor listened closely as Mirabelle gave a, very brief, autobiography. After she asked her question to Sierra, and Sierra had answered, he shifted himself so he could speak to her without disturbing the others; out of the corner of his eye he saw William awkwardly give Sierra a peck on the cheek. One step at a time. He thought with a smile.

"Miss Mirabelle," He said, keeping his voice a bit lower than the conversations around them. "I have a...request to make of you. Given your unique creation, could I convince you to come to Kyiv at some point? It doesn't have to be this year, or even this decade, but Elder Oksana would love to meet you. She's an alchemist, and like you said the Great Work is the alchemists dream; she's had centuries to work on it, so far to no avail...circumstances led to her being 'turned', but she sees it as a cop-out. Anyways, to the best of my knowledge, even with all her work, she's never created anything like what your 'father' accomplished with you."

"Are you sure Luke would approve? Not that its any of my business of course."

"I'm sure Luke will be fine with it when I tell him I'm way more into him than I am into a succubus." He winked, cheekily. "Besides, it's just playful flirting due to a dare, it's not exactly the first time I've done this kinda thing."

It's the first time I've asked someone else to try to seduce me, but details. And I'm sure Luke won't mind. I do have to tell him, though.

Luke could pick up the smell of anyone Sol had as much as touched during the day, surely this would be more noticeable to him. Regardless, Juliet didn't seem to mind, sitting next to him, leaning onto his shoulder ever so carefully and putting an arm around his neck, brushing her hand through his hair.

"I'll take you up on that,"

"That just tickled," Sol whispered back, his expression mostly amused still, though his voice was lowered in a similarly seductive manner. "The hair thing is neat though, I don't mind that. Mind the leg though, don't lean too much on me, else I'm going to get totally turned off when my ankle starts hurting like hell." He grinned, Sol wasn't going to make it easy on her.

"Truth, we're supposed to be getting to know each-other better after all."

Sol raised an eyebrow, he'd expected Sierra to pick dare. Even so, he had some amusing ideas for questions to ask. Even if it was Juliet who were supposed to ask.

"Oh, oh, ask her if she has anyone she likes," Sol whispered to Juliet, wondering if she found it annoying for him to be whispering back. However, this kind of thing was only fun when only Juliet could hear him. "Or, even better. Ask her one of those fuck, marry, kill things with Vik, Seth and that demon queen lady. Her reaction would be amusing."

He gave Sierra an innocent smile as he waited for Juliet to ask an actual question, before drinking from his soda, wondering how long it would be before he got his food.

"The hair thing is neat though, I don't mind that. Mind the leg though, don't lean too much on me, else I'm going to get totally turned off when my ankle starts hurting like hell."

Juliet smiled "Oh don't worry, I'll only ever make you feel good," she whispered back, though she did adjust how she was leaning on him so that it wasn't putting pressure on his leg "and if you're sure your boyfriend won't mind then maybe you could invite me next time you two are having some fun, I could show the two of you all sorts of tricks."

"Truth, we're supposed to be getting to know each-other better after all."

"Or, even better. Ask her one of those fuck, marry, kill things with Vik, Seth and that demon queen lady. Her reaction would be amusing."

Juliet giggled and then paused to think. So far the truths revealed had been somewhat amusing but nothing especially revelatory. The dares had shown a bit more, Will was more comfortable with Sierra than her for instance though she couldn't recall many instances of the two talking. Sol was quite confident in his restraint and in his boyfriend overlooking something like this. But then again the point of the game wasn't really to learn anything, it was to have fun and embarrass each other.

"Hmm," Juliet said "what was your first sexual experience? Oh if that's too personal I can ask something else."

Mirabelle listened intently as Sierra told about her introduction to enchanting. It sounded odd that her family had been involved with magic and then forgot about it, but the fact that they still had little trouble with giving Sierra an outlet like that was good. Afterwards, the others continued on playing the game, with her listening in still. Imagine her surprise though, when she heard Viktor speaking to her, with the others apparently unaware.

"Miss Mirabelle," He said, keeping his voice a bit lower than the conversations around them. "I have a...request to make of you. Given your unique creation, could I convince you to come to Kyiv at some point? It doesn't have to be this year, or even this?decade, but Elder Oksana would love to meet you. She's an alchemist, and like you said the Great Work is the alchemists dream; she's had centuries to work on it, so far to no avail...circumstances led to her being 'turned', but she sees it as a cop-out. Anyways, to the best of my knowledge, even with all her work, she's never created anything like what your 'father' accomplished with you."

Mirabelle paused at that, confused as to why he asked this now, but still genuinly thinking it over. It would be an opportunity to meet another, more skilled alchemist...but she still had reservations at the idea of others possibly studying her. Still, if she was going to get involved with alchemy more, it wouldn't hurt to meet up with another alchemist who could give her advice, maybe even lessons, in exchange for information and knowledge about her inner workings. Besides, at this rate everyone would learn what powered her anyways...She might as well tell someone who could fully appreciate it too. Of course, she just needed to know where Kyiv was...

"Um...sure. I'm willing to come...though I don't know when would be best. I guess we can hammer out the fine details like that later though..." she said, responding in a similarly low voice, hoping that nobody heard.

That has a far tamer question then she was expecting from Juliet, though, from the expression on Sierra's face, answering would be problematic, though not for the reasons one would think. "So ... whats the dare?" she finally said after a few moments. "Cause the answer to that is to dull, even for me, and I was there." Sierra said as her drink showed up.

"Um...sure. I'm willing to come...though I don't know when would be best. I guess we can hammer out the fine details like that later though..."

"Like I said, there's no rush. It's not like Oksana is going anywhere...unless she's blown up her laboratory...again." He replied with a chuckle. People's orders began to arrive, and he smiled at the waitress as she set his bottle in front of him. Pouring himself a couple of fingers, he let out an appreciative sigh. <"It's good to be home."> He murmured to himself.

"Cause the answer to that is to dull, even for me, and I was there."

"If you insist, I hope you've done better since," Juliet said then paused to think of a dare, running her fingers through Sol's hair as she did so.

The rules Sol had set kept her from coming up with anything particularly raunchy, which she considered to be unfortunate but understandable. Having Sierra kiss someone would be a bit boring considering that dare had been given to Will already, giving hugs seemed tame, and she doubted she'd be able to get away with daring Sierra to remove an article of clothing. Ah I've got it.

"I dare you to give Viktor a sincere compliment," she said.

Sierra gave Juliet a raised eyebrow and sighed, then started thinking about. She didn't really know much about him, though he's never really given her a reason to want to be around him for long.

"He is a good host." Sierra said after a few moments, and while leaning back so the waitress could place her burger in front of her. "After every one got back from the mission and went their separate ways, I ended up chilling with him watch a car show called Top Gear. Not my kinda show but it was still enjoyable." She said taking a look at the burger tomake sure they got what little Sol translated right.

"Anyway, Viktor, your on the chopping block now, Truth or Dare."

"I dare you to give Viktor a sincere compliment,"

Viktor coughed into his drink when he heard Juliet. "I'm pretty sure she'd rather swallow her own tongue." He chuckled.

"He is a good host. After every one got back from the mission and went their separate ways, I ended up chilling with him watch a car show called Top Gear. Not my kinda show but it was still enjoyable. Anyway, Viktor, you're on the chopping block now, Truth or Dare."

"Thank you." He replied with a touch of surprise. <"To you and a fine evening."> He raised his glass towards Sierra in a toast. "Hmm...I'll go Truth again. I know it's not that exciting, but I have a 'cover' amongst these people I need to maintain." He added, gesturing subtly to the club in general.

"Right, the Normal's" Sierra said slightly annoyed. Still that left a fairly wide range things to ask, though she wasn't sure what to ask.

Then Sierra got an idea. "I have an idea. How about you tell us about the time 'you almost died.'" she said after a few moments, clearly talking about when he was turned. Despite her own dislike of vampires, she was legitimately curious about what would make some one accept an offer like that, when, in her mind, there was far better options.

"I have an idea. How about you tell us about the time 'you almost died'."

"Hmm, which time?" He replied with a chuckle. Judging from the look Sierra gave him, she meant the time that led him to being 'turned'. He let out a sigh and sat back in his seat. "It was late evening October 24 1947, I was a member of the UIA...the Ukrainian Insurgent Army; we fought both the fascists and the communists...anyways, my unit ambushed an NKVD company who were on their way to conduct a 'reprisal' purge in response to the UIA attack on a rail depot."

"I'll spare you all the messy details of the fighting, but sufficed to say we hit them hard in ambush. Unfortunately they hit back just as hard, despite being surprised. We got bogged down, which bought them enough time to radio for reinforcements; something that we couldn't easily do. We started trying to disengage, but bad luck caught me as I tried to dash across a road. A DP-28 caught me in the open and nearly tore me in half. I'd been one of the last guys holding position to cover the withdrawal, so when my squad saw me go down they made the right call and left me."

"I personally don't remember what happened after that, but according to my friend Yuri; He was leading a Clan scouting party that had been observing the fighting and after the NKVD and UIA moved off, they moved in to survey the damage and found me in a ditch, one hand trying to hold my guts in. When I saw them, I must've thought they were hostile because I tried to fight even though I could barely even raise my free arm. Yuri said he admired my determination, so he broke rules and 'turned' me without asking."

"The adjustment time was...a bit rough, to say the least, but I like to think it worked out in the end." Stretching a bit, he sipped his drink and looked around, before making his decision. "William," He said. "What's you pick?"

Will was a bit worried that Juliet was going to go over bored for Sierra, but was a bit surprise to hear how tame it was. Then he was worried about Sierra and Viktor about to have another fight, until Sierra actually gave him a nice compliment. Next it was Viktor turn for his truth. As will got his food and smiled and said "Thank you" to the waitress. Eatting his noddles as he listen to Viktor tell his tale about how he got turned.

Feeling his stomach turning slightly at the mention of 'Viktor's guts hanging out of him. Though he continue eatting. Not trying to image that at all. "A...nice story?" Will said, not really how to handle that. It didn't seem to bother Viktor any more since he was pretty calm about the whole story telling.

Swallowing his food when he heard it was his turn. Will thought as he said "Truth."

"'Truth' is it?" He said softly, thinking for a moment. He considered a few things, maybe pressing a bit more about Will's past or maybe get him to reveal his most embarrassing moment; no, Will was still a bit too skittish for that. "Ah perfect." He said eventually. "What are you planning on doing after you finish your schooling?"

"Oh don't worry, I'll only ever make you feel good, and if you're sure your boyfriend won't mind then maybe you could invite me next time you two are having some fun, I could show the two of you all sorts of tricks."

Sol smirked, looking at Juliet, whispering in the same fashion they had done back and forth now. "Not unless you're hiding an extra surprise down there," he said, amused, putting his hand on hers and then slowly leading it away from his body, before letting go. "I have to be a little proper about this, given the boyfriend." A playful wink, and then his attention went back at the current situation.

He listened to Sierra's rather weak compliment of Vik, if she wasn't just being ironic. Given how she'd reacted to this place, it certainly seemed so.

A good host, huh. Either she really doesn't like him, or she's valuing people being good hosts a lot.

In the meanwhile, Sierra asked about when Vik became a vampire. He didn't really have much to say about Vik's story, nothing that would be easy to say anyhow. It sounded like a rather calm retelling of what should be a traumatizing situation.

Of course, he's gotten a lot of time to dwell on it.

Still not a situation he envied. He took both plates of tempura, sliding them closer to him, and putting the battered shrimps and vegetables onto one plate before sending the other back with the waitress. Starting to dip the tempura in the sauce, he wondered if he was actually going to be able to finish all of it, but he figured with a little drink and---

Right, no alcohol.

Still someone else paying always made his appetite pretty great. Biting through another fried shrimp, he looked towards Will, the question Vik had asked seemed tame, but there had to be some of those too.

"What are you planning on doing after you finish your schooling?"

William wondered what he was going to do afterwards. He never really thought about it. Thinking as he took his time. "I'm not really sure myself..I never really thought that far ahead to be honest. My first plan was just keep being taught under my mentor teaching, before he put me in this program."

"But..if I had to picked..I would like to stay with this group and keep helping people." He smiled a bit, feeling a bit silly with his idea.

After giving his little answer as he looked at the others. Wondering who to choose as he looked at Mira. "Um..Mira..Truth or dare?"

"Like I said, there's no rush. It's not like Oksana is going anywhere...unless she's blown up her laboratory...again."

...That was a very likely possibility in Mirabelle's mind. After all, she had nearly caused several explosions herself since she got there...still, the fact that she could wait brought a lot of comfort to her. Of course, it was probably better to handle it sooner rather than later. Nodding at that, she returned her attention back to the conversation, trying to get catch back up. Viktor himself went, then Will...finally he decided in who was next.

"Um..Mira..Truth or dare?"

Well...she didn't expect anything too interesting to come from the dare option (from him or herself really) so, overlooking that, she looked over and said, "I think I'll go with truth again."

"Ah..alright..Truth..Umm.." Will thought as he sat there. Trying to think of a question to ask Mira that was interesting. Then he smiled as he said "Um..Mira. If you did finish your research. What would you do afterwards?" Wondering about this since he overheard a bit of Mira and Viktor chat.

Hearing about the Great Work between the chat as he wonders about the after project. Or at least what that would happen when her project would be completed.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 . . . 56 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here