Gato Community College. (game thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 . . . 57 NEXT

The Month That Passed

Sol's month was, in some ways, uneventful, and in other ways it was busy. With his ankle broken, he managed to talk himself out of most of the training tyranny under Karis -at least the ones involving, well, running or otherwise using your legs- though he still had to meet up for the team classes. Those were... interesting, to say the least. Really not his kind of thing. He did make sure to stay in shape, even sometimes joined Luke in the gym, but he had felt no shame when the others were running around and he could tell the leader it'd fuck up his ankle. Besides, expecting him to preform at the same level as a vampire was useless, he couldn't wish to a star and get super-human abilities.

His normal classes were far more interesting, though in some ways, they were also far more difficult. Luke had adviced him to take 4 or 5 different classes each semester, and he had gone with the latter. Figuring he was good at math, he'd taken, well, math. Calculus, some sort of college introduction to mathematical methods, basic economy, algebra and Japanese. Or well, he had tried to do the Japanese one, but with the other classes already stressing him out -who'd have thought college math was more difficult than the math taught at the beginning of the first year in high school- and the other students already having several weeks on him, it was likely not going to go too well. He had opted to switch to a language he already had some knowledge of, Spanish being an obvious one. He didn't speak it fluently, but he still knew enough words and the way the grammar worked, which meant he could actually do pretty well. Thus far, Spanish, economy and mathematical methods were the only classes he even did remotely well in, with the calculus being on a higher level and algebra being... well, a little difficult to deal with for a high school dropout such as himself.

Seeing as Luke was doing the calculus one for his engineering degree and had done both of the other math classes the earlier year, he was willing to spend some time teaching Sol. They spent a lot of their time together either way, and after Sol had gotten the new bed, Luke spent a lot of his nights there. It was a good thing Luke was a clean, orderly person. It had been during one of these nice sleepovers that Sol had forgotten to log out of his email account on Luke's laptop. Without thinking, Luke had checked the incoming email -he said he thought it was his, and given that even Sol had forgotten he hadn't logged out, Sol believed him- and seen a message from Sam, about that everlasting wedding. A conversation had followed, then a discussion, though Sol already knew most of what Luke told him, that he was a selfish coward if he didn't give a clear answer. Luke had dropped it, but it had stuck in the back of Sol's mind for several days, until Sol finally asked Luke if, perhaps, he could come along to make it easier, promising to cover the cost of travelling.

Luke had said yes, and after a mail to Sam and some phone conversations, a time had finally been set up. Sol and Luke was gone for five days. Because they travelled during the evening from Japan, they attended their classes on the Thursday, and with the wedding being on a Saturday, the weekend was used for what it was. All in all, they only missed two days of classes. The bachelor party had been weird, Luke hadn't come along, Sol was in charge of it, it was filled with Sam's colleagues and friends, most of them cops, and Sam didn't drink. It had been difficult to pull off, and the presence of that much police made Sol a bit nervous, but it had been nice enough. The wedding ceremony had been beautiful, Sol had been the best man -as Sam had insisted he be from the very start-, and the wedding party had been nice, though there had been a rather troubling event.

Sol was happy his ankle had gotten healed before going, because he certainly needed it when climbing up the wedding chapel after his father's new wife had taken it upon herself of telling Sol to talk to his father, even given him a lecture about parents and children and being a good person, at which point Sol had told her to fuck off and used his amulet to disappear in the crowd. Stupid, yes, childish, certainly, but Sam had promised him their father wouldn't approach him. Sam had been generous enough to reach out to their father, even want to have him close, sure, but Sol didn't want any part of it. And he certainly didn't want to get lectured by some new woman in the former drunkard's life. Only after one of Grace's -Sam's fiancee- cousins had gotten himself stuck trying to climb after Sol, had Sol been forced to come down. He didn't think Sam knew, Grace had watched the exchange, and later spotted Sol climb up, and had then asked her climber cousin to help. Of course, he didn't know how to climb a house, so Sol had to help him down, the four of them -Luke had seen it as well- had been laughing quite a bit. It was probably a good thing Sam didn't know, it was quite the ridiculous affair, and Sam had assured Sol anything like this wouldn't happen, so it would make things sour.

Luke was an absolute dear, though. Looked quite handsome when out of those t-shirts of his and into a silver-colored suit with a blue tie. Very sociable, even if some seemed to struggle understanding his accent. At some point Sol's father had approached him, and Luke refused to say what he had told his father, just that he'd made clear that Sol wasn't interested. Otherwise he was supportive and friendly, and Sol was rather happy he had asked Luke to come along. It made everything easier. Sol's relationship with his brother and Grace, his now sister-in-law had gotten a lot warmer as well, and even if he still felt conflicted, it made him feel better. Luke had been happy to know that Grace shared some of his interests, and he now had her email-address, where they discussed, well, probably nerdy stuff.

And then came the trip back to Gato. Elizabeth had dropped by the airport to hand off some tools she believed Sol would need for his training, as well as assured him that she was taking good care of grandpa and his car. She'd also leaned over to Luke and whispered something.

Sol hadn't given it much of a thought before they had gone to bed a few days later and Luke had asked him where his "cave of wonders" was. At first he had assumed it was some sort of innuendo, and had taken it with a chuckle and a suggestion, but when Luke had mentioned Elizabeth's name, everything had gotten quite awkward. Elizabeth was sure that Sol had a secret stash of stolen items too valuable/rare to be sold through a common fence, because, well, Sol had mentioned it once when drunk. So, not only was she sure, she was right. He got why she had brought it up now, because of Luke, but Sol had no intention of mentioning his past, and certainly not that thing. He still kept an eye on it, he would be notified if anything happened to it, but he was content just sending in some money every now and then to make sure the storage unit was still his. Once in a while he checked up on it, made sure the alarm was working as it should, but it wasn't that important to him. Even so, he certainly wasn't going to tell Elizabeth where it was.

He'd assured Luke Elizabeth was playing a joke at him, and gone to sleep, classes awaited, and, with a month gone since the last mission, he was sure another one was just around the corner. Better to get some decent sleep than to have this sort of discussion.

In the meanwhile, Lenah left a few days after the others' big mission. She had been informed of that her father was Dionysus, and, upon being told her father was an actual god, she decided to go find him. No one really knows the exact time of her escape, and she didn't tell anyone else about why. If the Gato intel department has been looking for her, they've not found out where she is, as there has been no sound from her in almost a month, at least not officially. Sol's confident enough that she's fine, though other may not share that thought. She did send him a mail a couple of weeks after leaving, but he's not told anyone that she wrote to him, nor what she wrote about.

Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking into the future

Viktor

For Viktor the following month was a bit hectic. After receiving orders from the Elders to remain and assist Gungir, he found himself officially in charge of the team he'd been put with; which meant he had to do things like design training routines and write reports for Seth, Karis and the school's Admin, as well as keep on top of the courses he was taking as part of his 'cover' and slip out from time to time to assist in purely Clan endeavours. It was fortunate he was used to operating on snatches of sleep where and when he could grab them.

Having to deal with Karis and or Seth on a semi regular basis didn't do wonders for his mood, but with Sierra off gallivanting in the Demon Realm, the day-to-day running of the team wasn't so bad. His biggest goal was to work on creating an atmosphere of absolute trust between everyone, not the easiest considering his own attitudes, but he was working on that bit by bit. While physically there were no slouches amongst any of them, he did single William out for more on going one-on-one training; not so much for Will's strength or technique, but to build his confidence. If he was going to succeed he needed to get the boy to believe that he was capable of succeeding all on his own.

Solomon on the other hand needed no help believing he could succeed, he just had a bone deep contrary streak to anything that seemed like 'authority'. At first Viktor just tried the brute force, but all that did was make Sol dig in his heals further. Viktor was getting more and more frustrated with how it was going, when Sol and his boyfriend took off to America for a week. That gave him time to calm down, step back and re-evaluate his approach. When the pair returned, he simply told Sol that he expected the hunter to be in 'fighting form' within a couple of weeks or for safety reasons, his position on Gungir could be in question; Vik didn't have much worry on that front, he knew Sol liked to stay fit so physically all was fine. Sol's 'anti-authoritarian' streak was another matter.

After classes one day he had a sit down with Solomon and expressed his disappointment in Sol's attitude. He sympathized with the sentiment, but it was one thing to rail against authority that sought to crush you, it was another to rail against authority, no matter how small, that was simply trying to lead. Sol's go-it-alone attitude was another trouble spot. While fine for an independent Hunter...or thief, Viktor tried to really impress on Sol that he wasn't operating alone any more. He had to rely on others, and the others had to know the could rely on him. They talked for quite a while, and bit by bit he got Sol to at least acknowledge his faults, and promise to work on them. In a way Viktor found the whole discussion with Solomon amusing; he was simply reciting a variation of the sort of things that had been said to himself at one point or another...though Solomon seemed to be catching on much faster. As a final bit leverage he tracked down Luke and pulled him aside, asking the young lycan to give Solomon a reason beyond a mere paycheck to keep it together.

Yvette

She understood why her mum had wanted her to come home after the attacks, she'd even wanted to come home...at least for a bit, but after a month she wanted to return to Japan, something her mum was less than thrilled with. Needless to say, that led to more than a little tension between them, but she just hated the idea of leaving the few friends she'd made there behind to face whatever came next. Over the next few weeks, she very slowly began to get her mum to see it from her point of view, and she was making headway, but it took her dad's next visit to finally convince her mum.

He promised to check up on Yvette as much as he could, and he'd even be in the area as there were some rumors regarding some of the activities related to the attacks floating about that his bosses wanted checked out. That finally convinced her mum to let her go, though not without some trepidation.

Now Yvette found herself back at Gato, following some directions she'd been given at the office for where Gungir was set up. As she walked across the grounds, she considered removing her choker, but her own nervousness made her not. Approaching the office she was looking for she found the door open. Rapping on the frame, she stepped into the doorway and saw a young man sitting behind a desk with the word 'Gungir' across the front. "Umm...hello. I'm Yvette Dubois, the uh...the Admin office said I was to talk to you about joining Gungir?"

Back To The Business... Sort Of

A couple of days after the post-mission party, Daniel was recalled back to England in order to give a more comprehensive breakdown of the events, it was also an opportunity to hand over the protective amulet he had been provided with prior to the team's trip into the Demon Realm. When informing the others about this, it took a fair bit of negotiating on Daniel's part in order to get Seth to relinquish the amulet, given the kind of enchantment that it used, but a more comprehensive dossier on Regalia plus Daniel's services in dealing with them helped move things along.

Over the next few weeks, Daniel was having to travel back and forth between England and Gato to help deal with a few situations that arose during his absence; not as life threatening compared to the danger of Lucifer, but essential in keeping up an effective fighting force. He kept in touch with the others, though Sierra was absent due to her work in the ruins. In a way, Daniel was glad not to be at the training sessions for the most part, as apparently Karis and Viktor was putting them through a lot; though his status as a third party meant these were optional for him, but he attended them when and where he could.

By the fourth week, the research team back at the Tower had made a bit of progress regarding how the amulet worked but said it would take them a while and a lot of experimentation before they could make something useful from their work, as this was something they had little prior experience with.

Back with Gato, one of the smaller caveats of the deal was an office that Daniel could work from since he was more of a permanent member of the team; whilst he still had access to the safehouse, there were talks between him and Seth about the possibility of having a room at the college so as to avoid having to travel back and forth between locations, but the jury was still out on that one.

Here And Now

It was around 10 in the morning, and Daniel was having a respite after going over a couple of reports that The Order had sent over during his last visit to London. As he went to have a sip of coffee and began to read one of the Dickens stories he had borrowed from the Library, he suddenly felt an unusually strong force in the area as evident from the whispers he could hear in his head; such whispers he hadn't heard in a long while. Curious to find out where it was coming from, he downed the half remaining cup of coffee, set the book to one side and left the office to investigate.

"Welcome, have a seat while a bring up your file." He said, motioning her to have a seat in a chair in front of his desk "Yvette Dubios correct?" he asked, mostly confirming the spelling. "Every thing looks to be on the level, however." he said after reading her file and confirming a few facts with her. "It says here you left just after the attack on the school, may I ask why it was you did leave exactly?" he asked, careful with his tone as to keep any form of accusation out of it. Yvette was hardly the first to return, or return and seek to join up, and another recruiter seemed to be having an issue with being taken the wrong way so he was trying to a void the same.

Yvette

"It says here you left just after the attack on the school, may I ask why it was you did leave exactly?"

Her interviewer may have kept the question as neutral as he could, but she still couldn't help but flinch inside. She sat quietly for a minute or two, collecting her thoughts, then let out a sigh. "I didn't want to leave." She said eventually. "I felt like I was abandoning my friends; but my mum was beyond worried about me, and I know would have pulled me from the school if I tried to stay. So, instead of letting it get that messy I went home...though before you ask, yes I'm here now with her permission."

Lifting a hand off her lap, she began idly playing with a strand of hair as she went on. "I-I know coming back here, after what happened, scares my mum...it scares me too; but I want to help. I felt so scared and useless when the shooting started. I didn't know any of the people that died, but I know people who did...I just want to do something."

He nodded, and slid Yvette some forms to fill out. "The fact you've returned to help out speaks highly of you in my books" he said before going over the forms with her, and while she worked on those, he set to work on the computer, answering any questions Yvette might have about the paper as she presented them, but also looking to see where she could be placed so she could get start.

He sighed as he found an opening for her and called that teams handler down, but since he was in a meeting at the moment with other team handlers, the team lead was called down to come pick her up and get her started instead.

The following month was a busy one for Mirabelle, what with not one but two of her friends leaving, their training under Karis, studying alchemy more, and creating a weapon suited to her. Of course, it didn't help that the training was...strenuous, a word that she thought fit the situation well, even if she didn't have the mucsles to attest to it. Still...at least she was getting training...somewhat. Still, at least the classroom training was easy enough and (something she admited to herself dispite being depressed about it) with the room to herself again, her alchemeical studies had improved some.

One thing had come up that she recognised as a problem though, the instructions on how to rebuild her...were in spanish. The fact that the others couldn't read it like she could wasn't lost to her...but it had taken sometime to sink in, especially since she had been worried about other,world ending things for her first month. More worrisome was the fact that from what she could tell...nobody else she found seemed to have a lot of engenieering or mechanical experience, or at least enough to make her feel confident about being rebuilt if she should ever be broken. That knowledge alone was bad enough but the idea that they wouldn't even be able to read the instructions made her terrified. So, she began working on a solution, most of which involved translating her fathers journal and slowly building replacement peices of the parts most likely to break on her.

This, of course, put a damper in her weapon making but but she didnt mind, it was either that or risk losing the ability to even weild the weapon, much less fight or live. In the end though, she was able to complete it in the month's time, getting up from her desk after securing the final peices on and giving it a few swings. The hammer seemed balanced...or at least as balanced as she could make it. It's handle was large enough to allow it to be weilded two handed...but with her strength it wasn't too much of a problem to go one handed. The head on the other hand...well, she wouldn't be able to be really inconspicuous with it, but it was made more for assaults and such anyways, not carrying about in public, so she wasn't too worried. The head itself was almost as big as Will's chest and shaped like a cylinder, with a normal flat surface on the back but a pointed, conical front surface, made to punch through armor...at least, thats what Mira heard it was for. There were four holes in the front as well, dug into the cone part, a delivery system...for a later date. All they did right now was help to lessen the weight. All in all, it looked plain, save for the holes in the front, but it was just a prototype after all, a proof of concept rather than the final product. Still, it was better than nothing...now she just needed to get used to it. Of course, she figured Viktor could help with that...provided she learned where he was. For right then though...she decided to set the hammer down gently and walk out, checking to see if anyone was in the commons room.

Tomas

Tomas had been busy for the past few weeks. With school work, training, and even his little problem he been having lately. Ever since the demon mission, he been stuck in his dragon-kin form. Unable to change back to his human or even go full dragon. Most of his time off was spending time either in his room or in the library trying to figure out his problem. Most of his research came up nothing as not many information about dragon hybrids or just Dragons in general.

Though during the month, he had been receiving letters from a stranger claiming to be his brother. He never heard about having a brother or any siblings for that matter. At least, from his mother side of the family. He rarely heard anything about his dad and his side. He was going to reply back, but at the moment he put it on hold. Too much was going on and he didn't know what to even say to his brother if it was true.

Today, though, Tomas was in the common area as he was reading a book. Being careful with the pages as he didn't want to ruin them with his claw fingers. "Greetings Mira, how has your day been?"

William

Will was probably the worst out of everyone in the group. Saved for Sierra as they didn't know what she has been up too while she was helping out with the Demon sisters. For the entire month, he was training nonstop with Viktor being his teacher/coach. When he wasn't training, he was studying. When he wasn't either doing those two, the was sleeping.

Viktor was pushing Will to make him a better fighter and to build up his confidence. While Will was glad Viktor was taking his time with him, he also kind of wish that Viktor would take it easy now and then. Though Will seem to be getting better at his new life. His fighting was getting better, his confidence, while nowhere near perfect, was improving greatly. William's school work was at a steady grade. While he wasn't an A straight student, he was getting mostly A's and B's in his work.

Today William was in the training room. He was just getting done with exercising for today as he cleaned his face off with a towel. Tired but feeling great as he picked up his water bottle and took a drink. Thinking of heading back to his room to get a shower. Not feeling like getting a shower at the public gym locker room.

Viktor

He was going over some paperwork regarding the team, when his cell rang. Seeing that the number was from Gungir's Admin office, he raised an eyebrow; G-Admin never contacted teams directly...that was specifically what the handlers were for. With more than a little curiosity, he answered. "Hello?" "Hello Viktor, its Takeshi Momoi from Admin. I've got a new member for you, student returning after the attacks, file says 'magic user'. Can you come get her?" "Sure, be there in five." Tidying up his work, he threw his coat on then headed out. As he exited the dorms, he sent a mass text to the other team members, telling them to all meet in Gungir's gym.

Yvette

She was more than a little nervous as she waited for whomever had been called to collect her; sitting in the waiting room for Gungir's Admin office, she fidgeted a bit with the ends of her hair, until the entrance door pushed open. Looking at the new arrival, she felt her eyebrows try to climb into her hairline. The man was nearly as tall as her, but at least two of her across, bald as an egg and with an eyepatch over his left eye. He looked like he'd be more at home on a medieval battlefield than in an urban post-secondary school.

"You said you had a newbie for me?" The man rumbled in a fairly heavy Eastern European accent. As Mr. Momoi waved a hand towards Yvette, she stood and offered her hand. "I-I'm Yvette, Yvette Dubois. Nice to meet you sir." The big Slav looked her over for a moment then laughed. "Sir? You think far too highly of me." His thick fingered hand wrapped around hers as the shook. "Nice to meet you too Yvette, my name is Viktor Zhuk. Come with me and I'll introduce you to the rest of the circus." She didn't know quite what to make of the man yet, so she simply followed behind him in silence while he hummed to himself. As they approached a set of double doors, Mr. Zh-Viktor pulled out his phone to check the time. "They should all be here by now." He said as he pulled open one of the doors and ushered her into gymnasium.

A month long bender

Juliet spent a great deal of the next month enjoying herself, she had little worry about receiving further orders what with Val Ruk being dead, though she had no doubt her boss would contact her at some point in the future, and if not well then she would just continue having fun. The human world was so full of delightful distractions and interesting flavors after all.

So she spent much of her time bouncing from party to party and bed to bed, enjoying the company of kitsune, a dhampir, a witch, and a pair of twin satyrs. The latter two fancied themselves the wealthy playboy sorts and spent the better part of a week acting as her boyfriends before she'd exhausted them. I'll have to check in on them again sometime if I get bored, they were fun. There was at least one party happening each week on campus and Juliet made sure to attend as many as possible, even one the Betas threw though she found herself partaking of free drinks and then leaving that one.

It wasn't all fun and games however, training was mandatory though she did manage to skip it a few times. Basic combat and stealth practice would have thoroughly bored her if not for the new strength and powers she'd acquired. I could maybe match Viktor now in strength, she found herself thinking, and her other powers proved amusing to play with as well. A vulture form, armoring her skin, emitting lightning, and she found by combining her talents she could grow and cast razor sharp metal feathers from her wings though her accuracy with them was poor it was made up for by flinging many at a time. Little better than throwing knives, but still nice to have a weapon I can carry with me.

Of course all this practice burned up a great deal of energy, but the partying helped keep her fully energized and she enjoyed having an excuse for why she needed to go attend the latest bout of festivities. She knew the peace couldn't last, but was more than happy to live in the moment. She was stuck attending at least a few classes though, enough to justify her being a student at the academy even though many of them bored her half to sleep.

She had just left one of her classes, a philosophy course, when she got Vik's message to head to the gym. For once she didn't mind, she felt she could do with something to stretch her muscles after sitting through an hour of the professor droning on about Descartes proof of the existence of god, when will we start on Hume? He was far more interesting.

In some ways, Sol supposed he had found a good way of coping with the homework he was given. He started out with the easy task, then kept going until he had done the most difficult thing. That said, he also saved some of it for when Luke came over, because Luke knew a lot of the harder material better than him. Today was a good day to do some work, because he only had a couple of classes during the day, and he wasn't too busy otherwise. Besides, he had gotten some homework during the days he was gone, and didn't want to end up behind the rest of the class. God knew he already lagged behind in the more complicated math classes.

At least Luke doesn't mind helping.

He was about halfway through the Spanish homework when he got a message from Vik. It was a little annoying, because one; it wasn't time for training yet, and two; he had a good thing going on. Sometimes, it was a little difficult to get into, but sometimes he remembered both learning Spanish back in California, in school, and from interacting with people. He didn't speak it fluently, not exactly, but he was one of, if not the best in class right now -well, apart from the guy from Spain who had decided to take it for an easy A- and that made him happy. Grumbling, he got up, and decided to bring his homework with him. These surprise meetings always seemed to take some time to arrange, and he figured, it would probably be some sort of "this information is too important for a text message", and that didn't involve him that much. Besides, he knew a way to make it a little interesting.

Entering the gymnasium as one of the first ones, he greeted the ones already there. "Hola! Como estas? No hablo Ingles, por uhm... oh, deberes!" he said, grinning as he sat down and opened his text-book again, not really working on his homework but giving the impression of that he was. When Vik and some other person -a very tall woman- entered, he raised his hand and waved.

"Buenas tardes," he greeted them, putting his hand between the pages so that he wouldn't lose the page he was working on when he closed the book. His tone was cheerful and friendly. "Que es eso?"

"Greetings Mira, how has your day been?"

"Hi Tomas. I've been doing well. My project is finally done...well, almost. I mean, i have to test it out and i'm not sure if the handle is strong enough to handle the force being put behind it. After all, i don't want the head flying off in mid-battle. There's also the fact that i have a lot of complicated mechanisms that i need to hope will survive the testing as well as the later firing test i'll have to do..."

She stopped for a moment as her phone was suddenly going off. Flipping it open, she read about an immediate meeting in the gym from Viktor. What this was about, who knew, but she doubted that it was something normal like training since they usually got forewarning about that. Shruging and putting her phone away, Mira looked back at Tomas and said, "Well...i guess we're meeting in the gym now...i'll be honest, i don't know why but i doubt that it's training so...i think that you can bring your book if you want. Anyways, we'd better go." She waited for him to get something to save his page before leaving, feeling like it was impolite to talk to him and then just leave ike that, especially since they were going to the same destination. Once he had done that, they left for the gym.

As soon as they arrived, she found, much to her surprise, someone speaking in a very familiar language. Of course, she had heard that Sol was learning spanish, but she didn't think he'd be trying to speak in it exclusively so soon. Still, it's not like she wanted to discourage him. Besides, she liked the idea of being able to talk to one of her teammates in the language she grew up with.

"Hola! Como estas? No hablo Ingles, por uhm... oh, deberes!"

"Hola! Estoy muy bien en realidad. Me acaban de hacer con la version prototipo de lo que espero que sera mi nueva arma ... bueno, arma nueva porque si tenemos que hacer frente a una situacion como la lucha contra las fuerzas de Lucifer de nuevo. Es un poco demasiado grande para ser un arma mision todos los dias, sobre todo cuando esa mision exige sutileza, pero deberia ser util para los asaltos y tal. Sin embargo, ahora tengo la esperanza de que Viktor o Karis ayudaran a aprender como manejar de manera eficiente. Esperemos que no acaba de escribir apagado como poco practico, o incluso si lo hacen, es de esperar que todavia va a estar dispuesto a ensenarme como usarlo... no es que yo soy tan bueno con armas de fuego de todos modos y por lo menos de esta manera no puede refutar el hecho de que estoy aprovechando mi fuerza natural. Bueno, espero que no sea de todos modos..." With that, she looked off into the distance for a moment, hoping that either one said yes...until she realized that Sol was only a month into spanish and probably didn't understand most of what she said.

Internally, and for a second externally, she panicked for a moment before saying, "Lo siento! Olvide que estaban empezando a aprender! No deberia haber lanzado ese muro de palabras al que de esa manera! Um...i...uh...Well...maybe it's best that i just talk english for now...anyways, do you want me to translate for you just in case the others don't understand? I mean, i don't mind doing it so..." She trailed off when someone she didn't recognize came in, followed by Viktor. Deciding that it would be rude to focus solely on Sol, she said a quick and polite, "Hola!", to them before turning her attention back to Sol for his answer.

As Daniel roamed the halls, trying to get a focus on where that power was coming from, he could feel a slight buzzing sensation on his leg. Taking out the culprit, in this instance his mobile, he turned it on and saw that he received a short message from Viktor, calling for a meeting in the Gymnasium. Whilst he wanted to continue the search, Daniel didn't want to keep the others waiting, besides, the meeting may be rather important; so he turned on a heel and went towards the Gymnasium.

Arriving a couple minutes later, as Daniel had to go from one end of the College campus to the other, he was surprised at being one of the first to arrive and so found a space and sat down. Moments later, Sol came in through the double doors.

"Hola! Como estas? No hablo Ingles, por uhm... oh, deberes!"

And started speaking Spanish of all things. This was no bad thing, multilingualism was an important skill in this day and age with people from nations all over the world interacting with one another. Daniel had thought about responding in Spanish himself, given his understanding of all commonly used languages, but didn't want to overload Sol with some overly complex phrase or overly long wall of text.

It wasn't long before Mirabelle came bursting through the door and launched herself into a long session of the aforementioned language at speed; this lead Daniel to believe that Spain, or at the very least, a region of the world where Spanish was a common language was Mira's homeland. Based on what Mira had been saying, was that she was done working on a prototype of some new sort of weapon, and hoped that, with approval from either Viktor or Karis, she'd be able to wield it effectively. Daniel could see that Tomas was not too behind.

Once they had gotten settled, in came Viktor with a someone he had not seen before, and with that the whispers returned, but this time they were louder. There something about the young lady beside the vampire seemed familiar to Daniel. Taking a closer look, he was drawn to the eyes; he had seen them before but on a different face.

Tomas

"Hi Tomas. I've been doing well. My project is finally done...well, almost. I mean, I have to test it out and I'm not sure if the handle is strong enough to handle the force being put behind it. After all, I don't want the head flying off in mid-battle. There's also the fact that I have a lot of complicated mechanisms that I need to hope will survive the testing as well as the later firing test I'll have to do..."

Tomas was about to respond whats wrong when he got his answer pretty quickly.

"Well...I guess we're meeting in the gym now...I'll be honest, I don't know why but I doubt that it's training so...i think that you can bring your book if you want. Anyways, we'd better go."

"I'll let it stay here for now. No need to be reading if something important comes up."

He wondered what Viktor had in store for them as he put his book down and got up. Following Mira out of the room and towards the gymnasium. As they walked, Tomas remembered she was talking about her project. He would have too followed up about it as he didn't want to seem like he wasn't paying attention.

Finally getting there, as he heard Sol give his bad introduction in Spanish. Which Mira quickly went on a rapid-firing spree in her native tongue. Which even stumped Tomas for a bit. After a moment, he saw there was a new student and he could sense something odd about her. Besides the fact that she was pretty tall for a human.

William

William was going down the hallway towards the dorm rooms when he got Viktor message. Wondering what Viktor wanted that he needed to send out a massive group text. Hoping it wasn't going to be another surprise training session as he hurried up to the gymnasium. As he turned down the hall, he saw that were a number of his group already there.

Walking up to them as he noticed the tall girl beside Viktor. 'Oh, we must have gotten someone new.' He smiled, though then release how tall she was. 'Oh...wow...wonder if she even human.' Will thought as he join the group.

"Hola! Estoy muy bien en realidad. Me acaban de hacer con la version prototipo de lo que espero que sera mi nueva arma ... bueno, arma nueva porque si tenemos que hacer frente a una situacion como la lucha contra las fuerzas de Lucifer de nuevo. Es un poco demasiado grande para ser un arma mision todos los dias, sobre todo cuando esa mision exige sutileza, pero deberia ser util para los asaltos y tal. Sin embargo, ahora tengo la esperanza de que Viktor o Karis ayudaran a aprender como manejar de manera eficiente. Esperemos que no acaba de escribir apagado como poco practico, o incluso si lo hacen, es de esperar que todavia va a estar dispuesto a ensenarme como usarlo... no es que yo soy tan bueno con armas de fuego de todos modos y por lo menos de esta manera no puede refutar el hecho de que estoy aprovechando mi fuerza natural. Bueno, espero que no sea de todos modos..."

"Que?"

Sol looked at her with big eyes, he'd known she was Spanish, but he'd not really thought about it before now. His mind went haywire as he analysed the text, picking out the common words, then the names, then the words he knew or recognised, replaying what she'd said in his mind. It was something about Mira having... made a prototype weapon. It was some sort of gun, and for missions... like the one with Lucifer? So difficult missions? And then there was something about having Karis and Vik help her learn, probably how to use the gun. That made sense. Then there was some more he missed, but he did catch the part about her natural strength. Somewhat.

It's a good thing I've already tried out talking to the South American locals.

Of course, usually he had a notebook with phrases or a dictionary ready. Now he only had the book in front of him, and that didn't

"Lo siento! Olvide que estaban empezando a aprender! No deberia haber lanzado ese muro de palabras al que de esa manera! Um...i...uh...Well...maybe it's best that i just talk english for now...anyways, do you want me to translate for you just in case the others don't understand? I mean, i don't mind doing it so..."

He shook his head. "No, esta bien. Creo. Uhm... Tiene un nuevo prototipo de arma, para misiones como la que tiene lucifer. Y quiere Karis o Viktor para ...ayudarle a aprender como usarlo? Y luego algo sobre... aprovechando su fuerza natural, si?" He rubbed his neck, awkwardly, hoping he had gotten some of it correct. He was still grinning, though it was rather sheepish.

"Yo se sobre todo el Espanol de Mexico. Aun asi, es mas divertido como esto." He winked at her.

Viktor

"Well glad to see the gang's all here." He said, shooting a glance at Juliet. He was still more than a little annoyed at her for blowing off a couple of the exercises; she was, supposedly, Viktor's 2IC in this circus, she needed to be on the same page as everyone else. Putting all that aside, he stepped a bit to the side and waved an arm towards Yvette. "This is Yvette. She'll be filling in the hole Sierra left to go play Indiana Jones. So tell us." He said, turning to look at the girl. "What can you do?"

Yvette

She could already feel her face heating up as all the others looked at her as she entered. Damn it I hate this... She knew she shouldn't complain too much, after all she was the new girl, of course everyone was going to be looking her way. Scanning the others, she thought she recognized a girl and a guy...though the guy was scalier than she seemed to remember. Must be part Naga or something. She thought.

"This is Yvette. She'll be filling in the hole Sierra left to go play Indiana Jones. So tell us. What can you do?"

Yvette couldn't help but flinch at Viktor's question. You knew this was coming you idiot, no backing out now. She was scared, and about to do the one thing her dad had always told her not to do...but it was the only way she could help. "I-I'm a magic user...sort of..." She said eventually. "I...umm...I think it'd be easier is I just show you all." Reach up to, she touched her choker and deactivated the glamour that was hiding the tattoos; not that she need to do that, but the glamour always created an annoying 'buzz' in the back of her mind when she deactivated the seal.

Closing her eyes, her lips began to move silently as she recited an Aramaic incantation. As she did a soft light began to glow through her dress, in the centre of her chest. The light grew in intensity for a few moments, then vanished suddenly. When it did, several things happened at once; her raven black hair was now a luminous silver, to those on demonic or angelic natures, she seemed to sprout a pair of semi-transparent golden wings and when she opened her eyes, they were no longer their normal sapphire blue, but pupil-less golden pools of soft light.

Looking across the others, she did a bit of a double take when she looked at the woman she hadn't recognized. She look the same mostly, except for the horns...and the wings...and the tail...Of course the pretty one is some kind of demon. She thought as she looked over towards the slender looking blond guy. Seeing him, she froze; eyes wide, something all too much like panic began to wash over her. The aura, those eyes...the WINGS... She'd just revealed her true nature to the one being she'd hoped to never run into...an angel. I'm sorry mum, dad...I love you...

Her wings flapped ineffectively as she leapt away from the angel, trying to give her flight, but having no form in this world. As she did that, she also reached behind her head, and seemed to pull a sword from thin air. Solidifying her footing, she faced the angel; she was beyond terrified, but a sense of inevitability steadied her hands. She knew she was going to die, she was just determined not to betray her parents before the angel killed her.

"Well glad to see the gang's all here." Spoke Viktor after everyone had gotten settled down. He then stepped to the side and gestured towards the newcomer. "This is Yvette. She'll be filling in the hole Sierra left to go play Indiana Jones. So tell us." He said turning towards Yvette. "What can you do?"

There was silence for a few moments, Yvette looked rather nervous, which was understandable given that she was introducing herself to a new group of people. Eventually, she managed to find the courage to speak. "I-I'm a magic user...sort of..."

"I...umm...I think it'd be easier is I just show you all." Yvette then appeared to fiddle with something around her neck for a few seconds, a brooch or some sort of choker based on what Daniel could see. Whilst all this was going on, a sudden light that emanated all around her which originated from a marking on her chest. Such a light was familiar to Daniel, reminding him of the obfuscation field that... Angels possessed.

No, it can't be. Though that does explain the eyes. Suffice to say Daniel was surprised at what was going on right now, and being surprised wasn't something that occurred to him often. The light suddenly became much brighter, almost blinding, then it vanished, and in its wake, Yvette's black hair was replaced with a radiant silver that was rather like Daniel's own back when he had more control over his appearance; he could still nudge it in certain directions, but not as much as he used to.

It took but a moment for his hallowed vision to kick in, but Daniel could see the semi-transparent wings that had now sprouted from Yvette's back and the golden pools of light that were now her eyes. Little by little the pieces of this puzzle fell into place, Daniel was almost certain that he knew what Yvette was, it just needed that last push.

Time seemed to freeze as the two Angelic beings crossed lines of sight, but time soon flowed again as Yvette's eyes went wide with what looked like fear. That was the last piece, not many beings are scared of Angel; Demons have a strong dislike or an outright revulsion, a few pay Angels no mind, some races even revere them as saviors, but not a Nephilim.

No doubt in Yvette's mind, all she could see was someone coming to kill her, Daniel felt sorry for her, even silently cursing his own being. Daniel could not blame Yvette for calling a sword to defend herself, he would probably do something similar in her place having heard many of the stories that had been passed round. But unlike much of his kin, he did not share the level of hatred they possessed, he felt pity for the Nephilim.

"Well, things have certainly escalated faster than a lot of us imagined," Daniel remarked with a smile as he slowly rose from his seat, raising his hands in surrender as he tried to not make himself look like a threat to an obviously scared lady.

"I know I am probably the last person you want to see, and I don't blame you for your actions right now Miss Yvette. But contrary to what you have been told, I am not here to kill you."

Tomas

Tomas was surprised at first when Yvette's hair started to change. He didn't know what she was changing into, but it seemed to be majestic . Though once she was done, he saw the look of fear in her eyes. Raising an eyebrow as he looked where she was staring at and found it to be Daniel. Confused as he was about to asked what's going on until he saw her drawing a light sword.

About to react to her act of aggression before she hurt anyone, though Daniel spoke up and stopped him.

"Well, things have certainly escalated faster than a lot of us imagined, I know I am probably the last person you want to see, and I don't blame you for your actions right now Miss Yvette. But contrary to what you have been told, I am not here to kill you."

"Why would she think that?" Tomas asked.

William

William wasn't sure what she was changing into but saw that it change her hair and eyes. Though when she was done, He thought before he saw the look of fear. Though before he could ask why she looked afraid she drew out a sword. William was panicking a bit as he was about to try to talk her down before Daniel did so.

Listening to Daniel as he remembered reading up about why she might be afraid of Daniel. 'Oh..she might be a Nephilim!' He thought. Ever since the demonic mission, he had been reading a bit more about angels and demons. In case another incident happens with those races. Which brought him to the Nephilim subject and how they are hated by the angels. Then again, he wasn't fully sure.

Juliet nodded along as Sol and Mirabelle spouted Spanish at each other, she understood some of what they were saying but didn't feel like commenting, though she could only smirk at Sol's awkwardness as Mira out-Spanished him. Soon after a new team member, Yvette, was introduced, a strange looking woman who was tall, thin, and pale. She's almost certainly not human, well not fully at least. And so tall! Mmm.

Soon enough though Yvette revealed her abilities, which were distinctly angelic to Juliet's senses what with her glowing wings. Her reaction to seeing Daniel though was distinctly not angelic, or rather revealed her to be not fully angelic. A Nephilim? Interesting. For now she would stay out of this, Daniel did not seem to want to hurt her though he could always be lying to get her to let her guard down.

"No, esta bien. Creo. Uhm... Tiene un nuevo prototipo de arma, para misiones como la que tiene lucifer. Y quiere Karis o Viktor para ...ayudarle a aprender como usarlo? Y luego algo sobre... aprovechando su fuerza natural, si?"

Mirabelle blinked for a moment, trying to figure out how she could correct the information Sol had just told her without throwing another mass of words at him. Unfortunately, the sad fact was that she didn't know how much Sol knew versus how much she knew so she didn't feel confident in her ability to correct him.

"Yo se sobre todo el Espanol de Mexico. Aun asi, es mas divertido como esto."

Mira blinked again at that one. So he seemed to pick up some in Mexico? Well...maybe it wouldn't be so hard after all.

"Bueno ... estas cerca. El arma utiliza mi fuerza natural, siendo un martillo y todo. Ademas, no he preguntado si cualquiera de ellos que me iban a entrenar o no, solo estoy esperando que lo haran. Todavia, soy eliz la mayor parte de que recibio un buen pase ".

Of course, after that Viktor introduced the new girl, Yvette, and asked her to tell them about her abilities. Mira felt that that was a bit too abrupt, especially since that had been optional when they all first met (at least, if she was remembering right)...except Yvette had chosen an even more abrupt way of detailing such things by showing them her power. The demonstration was...shiny, to put it mildly, but they did less to show off what she could do than she would have liked. Still, from what she had seen of Sierra invoking her own power at one point, she could make an educated guess as to what she was. From the pose of calling on some higher power to the glowing eyes, the only huge detail missing was the effect of the room getting darker...so naturally Mira figured out she was half something, thought at the moment, she was divided between half angel or half demon.

Then things began to get weird, what with the girl suddenly, quietly freaking out at the sight of Daniel. Sensing that something was about to happen again, she mentally readied herself to try and make a move, to stop the first agresser that she could. Still, Daniel seemed calm about the whole state of affairs.

"Well, things have certainly escalated faster than a lot of us imagined, I know I am probably the last person you want to see, and I don't blame you for your actions right now Miss Yvette. But contrary to what you have been told, I am not here to kill you."

"Why would she think that?"

She took a quick look at Tomas, trying to see how prepared he was to step inand stop a conflict, before calmly saying, "Well...Sierra had to deal with demons wanting to kill her and she was a half demon...well, sort of. Anyways, i would assume a similar circumstance is happening here. Yvette seems threatened by Daniel, whom we all know is an angel, so, assuming that the angels and demons take a similar stance towards half breeds, i would hazard to guess that Yvette is a half angel or at least someone connected to them who thinks Daniel will kill her for being so. Regardless, we should probably prepare to help Viktor just in case this situation blows up more."

Of course, she hoped the situation didn't come to that...

"Bueno ... estas cerca. El arma utiliza mi fuerza natural, siendo un martillo y todo. Ademas, no he preguntado si cualquiera de ellos que me iban a entrenar o no, solo estoy esperando que lo haran. Todavia, soy eliz la mayor parte de que recibio un buen pase "

"Ah, si. El arma utiliza tu fuerza natural. Neat, uhm, me referia estupendo." He chuckled, but then went quiet. His Spanish might be a bit grating on her ears. It was at that moment Vik and the new girl entered, and after greeting them, Sol went quiet, listening to what they had to say instead.

"This is Yvette. She'll be filling in the hole Sierra left to go play Indiana Jones. So tell us. What can you do?"

Sol looked from Vik to Yvette, pushing his hat a bit back as a gesture of him paying attention, and to get a better look at her. The hat itself wasn't in front of his eyes, but pushing it back enabled him to fix his hair, the lock of hair that usually positioned itself between his eyes having decided to act difficult.

I need a haircut. Which would be... necesito un corte de pelo.

Regardless, he had to actually follow through with "paying attention" part, wondering what she could do. Her presence felt oddly calming.

"I-I'm a magic user...sort of...umm...I think it'd be easier is I just show you all."

What followed was odd. No, odd would be an understatement. Yvette had some changes, she started glowing and her eyes and hair-colour changed. To Sol, that was all. However, as she did that, Daniel apparently did something to upset her, or perhaps she saw something with him that no one else did, because she seemed to freak out.

Que...chingados... Or whatever.

He didn't get it. At all. Perhaps there was something he couldn't see? Regardless, the moment she pulled out a sword, Sol pulled out his gun from an inner pocket. He had a mind to aim it at her, but Daniel seemed to take it calmly, and with the way the angel was trying to keep the situation calm, Sol decided that following the other's lead was the best idea. Instead of lifting the revolver, he kept it in his lap, finger off trigger and gun pointed towards the side of him no one was sitting on. The others started talking about why it could be, saying that Yvette was likely one of the nephilim, but Sol wasn't going to join in. He wanted to see what she was going to do, be alert. Because no one else seemed to have reacted to the sword. Well, Mira at least had some words of mention of it.

"Well...Sierra had to deal with demons wanting to kill her and she was a half demon...well, sort of. Anyways, i would assume a similar circumstance is happening here. Yvette seems threatened by Daniel, whom we all know is an angel, so, assuming that the angels and demons take a similar stance towards half breeds, i would hazard to guess that Yvette is a half angel or at least someone connected to them who thinks Daniel will kill her for being so. Regardless, we should probably prepare to help Viktor just in case this situation blows up more."

Already on it.

He thought, still not pointing at her. His instincts told him this could get dangerous quickly, and adding to her panicked state wasn't what he considered ideal.

Viktor

"I-I'm a magic user...sort of...I...umm...I think it'd be easier is I just show you all."

Well this should be interesting. He thought, as he watched a pair of tattoos on her forearms fade into view. As he watched, she began to recite something and glow; when the glow suddenly vanished he saw Yvette with silver hair and glowing eyes. And just what are you? He wondered; unfortunately, before he could ask she seemed to panic when she looked at Daniel, and pulled a sword out of thin air. "<What the fuck?>" He muttered.

"I know I am probably the last person you want to see, and I don't blame you for your actions right now Miss Yvette. But contrary to what you have been told, I am not here to kill you."

Now I'm even more confused. Moving slowly he attempted to place himself between the pair. "Would somebody mind telling me what the fuck is going on?"

Yvette

"Bull. Shit." She replied, keeping her blade ready. She was amazed at how calm her voice sounded, considering how terrified she was. Concentrating on her blade, wisps of blue flame began to lick across its bare surface; it was a pale comparison to the brilliant inferno her dad had shown her with his sword, but it helped ease her nerves a bit.

"Would somebody mind telling me what the fuck is going on?"

She blinked a bit as she realized Viktor was attempting to get between her and the angel. Stay out of this buddy, he'll go through you like tissue paper. "I'm a Nephilim." She answered. "The child of a human and an angel. His kind hate people like me; we're a 'perversion of their pure and perfect nature'." She spat, her voice thick with contempt. "So my mere birth has earned me, and my mother, a death sentence....that is what the fuck is going on."

"Bull. Shit." That response came as no surprise to Daniel. He knew that his statement had little chance of actually working, but it was worth a short all the same. Now he had to come up with something a little more convincing in order to temper the flames; in this instance, such a remark was quite literal as wisps of blue flame appeared to flicker across the surface of Yvette's blade. Fortunately, Mira's timely intervention in bringing some of the less clued-in members up to speed bought him a few moments to think.

"Would somebody mind telling me what the fuck is going on?" Asked Viktor in confusion as he stood in-between. Daniel was about to provide his own explanation, but, rather understandably, Yvette got there first.

"I'm a Nephilim." She answered. "The child of a human and an angel. His kind hate people like me; we're a 'perversion of their pure and perfect nature'." She said, her words filled with bile towards Daniel. "So my mere birth has earned me, and my mother, a death sentence....that is what the fuck is going on."

"She's not wrong Viktor," Daniel said once the fiery Nephilim had finished, his hands still in a surrender position.

"under the circumstances, the child and both of the parents would be killed. I always thought such practices as barbaric, a waste of potential, and a contradiction of our so-called 'pure and perfect nature'. I guess the point I am trying to make Miss Yvette, is that I am not like most Angels. In fact, I am criminal myself; over twenty years ago, I was exiled to Earth. My crime? Well, let me keep it brief by saying interference."

"If you don't believe me, Miss Yvette, ask your father, he should be able to verify my story. When he asks who sent you, tell him that 'The Keeper of Secrets' sends his regards."

"Furthermore, I would like to make a pledge. By the laws of the Seraph Council, I shall leave the Nephilim known as Yvette in peace, until such time as this situation has been resolved."

Viktor

"I'm a Nephilim. The child of a human and an angel. His kind hate people like me; we're a 'perversion of their pure and perfect nature'. So my mere birth has earned me, and my mother, a death sentence....that is what the fuck is going on."

That caught Viktor off guard. He knew he wasn't overly familiar with angels, and he knew that the 'popular' conception of them was...inaccurate, to put it politely, but that seemed a bit far off.

"She's not wrong Viktor, under the circumstances, the child and both of the parents would be killed. I always thought such practices as barbaric, a waste of potential, and a contradiction of our so-called 'pure and perfect nature'. I guess the point I am trying to make Miss Yvette, is that I am not like most Angels. In fact, I am criminal myself; over twenty years ago, I was exiled to Earth. My crime? Well, let me keep it brief by saying interference."

Fantastic.... While Daniel did his best to placate Yvette, telling her to contact her father to confirm his 'outcast' status, and even throwing in a pledge to leave her be, Viktor did a quick sweep of the others to see how they were taking all this. Mira, Tomas and William looked as confused as he felt, Juliet appeared to be keeping her expression completely neutral and Solomon had his revolver out.

Giving the hunter a slight nod, he signaled Solomon with a few discrete hand signs, to not do anything to precipitous. Let's just hope he was paying attention to those lessons I gave. "Ms. Dubois," He said finally. "I know you don't know me any better than anyone else here, but please believe me when I say that neither I nor Daniel nor anyone else here wish you harm. Please, if you can call your father to confirm Daniel's story. No harm will come to you...and if that doesn't convince you, ask yourself this. If he wanted to harm you, why did he try talking to you first?"

Yvette

She rolled her eyes as the angel tried to get her to lower her guard, even going so far as to acknowledge her charge against him. Nice try, I'm not falling for something that obvious. The 'pledge' was a nice touch, but she wasn't buying it.

"Ms. Dubois, I know you don't know me any better than anyone else here, but please believe me when I say that neither I nor Daniel nor anyone else here wish you harm. Please, if you can call your father to confirm Daniel's story. No harm will come to you...and if that doesn't convince you, ask yourself this. If he wanted to harm you, why did he try talking to you first?"

Viktor's question caught her off guard. As much as her dad had trained her, she knew she wouldn't last long in a fight against a real angel; he could've easily struck first and made her out to be a threat later. She was so confused; part of her wanted to not trust anything any of them said, part of her was telling her to trust her instincts, which was to at least give them a chance...and another part was just in a full blown panic. The voice that was telling her to at least try to resolve this, which sounded a lot like her mum's, was getting louder and more insistent. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.... Eventually, she sighed and lowered her blade slightly. "Okay...fine." She said warily. Reaching into a pocket of her dress, she pulled out her phone and sent a simple three digit text message.

After the longest five minutes she'd ever experienced, her phone rang. "Hi Daddy...it happened." "Shit! Are you okay? Did you escape?" "Uh..n-no...JUST LISTEN! " She interjected as she heard a sharp intake of breath form the other end. "H-he said to tell you The Keeper of Secrets sends his regards, and he said he was a criminal too, that'd he'd been here for twenty years already." The words tripped over her tongue as she tried to get them out. The other end went quiet for a bit, then she heard several deep breathes and what sounded suspiciously like a chuckle. "I think...I think you'll be okay." She heard. "But you said th-" "I know, I know...but there are exceptions to every rule."

She could feel her heart rate beginning to drop back to something approaching normal; after all, if dad said she wasn't in danger, things must be okay...right? "I love you, and I'll try and get to see you soon." He said. "But right now I have to go...but can you hand your phone over to him for a moment." She twitched at the thought of getting closer to the angel, but her father would never do anything to put her in harm's way. After taking a moment to calm down a bit more, she returned her sword from where she'd gotten in and approached the angel. "My dad wants to talk to you." She said, handing her phone off to Daniel.

After the hand off, there was a brief pause, then a distorted voice spoke in Daniel's ear. "Hello Raziel." It said. "If I'd known you'd be there I wouldn't have let her come; she's got enough difficulties as it is. That said, she's there now, so please keep her safe if you can...we'll speak in person soon." Then the line went dead.

mean while in the Demon Realm

Sierra, and several other 'Keys' that weren't tied up with field work where traveling via ship through Limbo. They where traveling through Limbo due to another team finding several ancient maps that showed locations of related sites, in Limbo.

Which was considered very strange since there's never been any reason to believe any sentient life, human, angel, demon or other wise, lived in the sections of Limbo displayed on the map. The section Sierra was heading to especially due to the presence of some really nasty creatures that live there. Nasty enough that Queen Riviera her self was also part of the expedition.

But currently, they where still en-rout and a few days away from they're destination, and kinda bored, there was only so much prep work you can do so a lot of the staff not on the look out for the nasty beasties where on 'free time'. It was around this time that Mystina as she preferred to be called, another Key picked up around the same time as Sierra, but from Italy, whipped out a box with a couple decks of playing cards, with 'Cards against Humanity' printed on the box it self.

Many of the Demons where confused at first, as where some of the older Keys. Not really getting the point of the game until Sierra played a combo that got her some of the strangest looks, and a 'that's fucked up' from one of the off duty soldiers poking in to see what was going on. Sierra won that round, and after that the rest of the group finally 'clicked' on the games intent and the plays got better, more amusing or just plain wrong on so many levels.

So naturally it'd been the most fun any of them had in a long time. Even Queen Riviera showed up, she didn't play but she did observe for a bit out of curiosity of this human game one of her Keys brought a long.

Viktor had raised a good point; if Daniel was as such a boogeyman of an Angel as Raphael had implied, then why did Daniel decide to talk rather than act. This appeared to have brought Yvette around as she pulled out a mobile from the pocket of her dress and made a call. Judging from what Daniel could hear based on Yvette's half of the conversation, Raphael was deeply concerned for his daughter, as he should be.

By this point, things appeared to have calmed down enough that Daniel could safely lower his hands. Moments later, Yvette began to approach Daniel, sheathing her sword in the process. Despite appearing to look calm to all those involved, Daniel could still sense her being a bit on edge. She then held out her mobile to Daniel. "My dad wants to talk to you."

"Oh really now? This ought to be interesting." Daniel remarked in slight surprise as he took the phone from Yvette, clearing his throat before putting his mouth to the speaker. There was a brief silence before a slightly distorted voice came through on the other end.

"Hello Raziel."

"If I'd known you'd be there I wouldn't have let her come; she's got enough difficulties as it is. That said, she's there now, so please keep her safe if you can...we'll speak in person soon." Then the line went dead, Daniel smirked at this moment.

Oh ye of little faith brother. Still, I look forward to it. He then passed the phone back to Yvette.

"Your father said he'll be dropping by at some point in the near future. He also asked me to keep an eye on you, make sure nothing bad happens."

Viktor

He let out a small sigh of relief as it looked like he got through to Yvette, and a larger one when she pulled out her phone and called what he presumed was her father. When she'd put her sword away and walked toward Daniel, he backed off. Things seemed to be settling down, and after Daniel returned Yvette's phone, Viktor gave a small cough to gather everyone's attention.

"Your father said he'll be dropping by at some point in the near future. He also asked me to keep an eye on you, make sure nothing bad happens."

That should be...fun... "Yes well, that was a bit more...exciting...than I'd anticipated, but I'm glad everything has worked out." I need to go have a talk with the office about this fuck up... He thought. "Now that were all settled, here's the rest of the team." Swinging an arm around the room, he named everyone else as he pointed at them. "Solomon, Juliet, William, Mirabelle, Tomas and you've already met Daniel; and for the sake of speed. Human, Succubae, Human...mostly, Automaton, Dragon-half, you know what Daniel is and I am a vampire." He said, finishing the introductions. "So, now that I've introduced everyone, what can you do? We seemed to have gotten interrupted before you explained that part."

Yvette

She murmured a 'thank you' as she got her phone back. She wasn't sure if she wanted her dad to come; sure it'd be great to see him, and more than a little comforting, but he was taking a big risk and that scared her...but it's not like there was anything she could do about it.

"Now that were all settled, here's the rest of the team."

At that moment, it clicked in her head that she was the center of attention, and accordingly she began to blush furiously. OF COURSE they're all looking at you dummy! One, they're all here to meet you and two, how could they NOT after that little incident. Doing her best to remember names in her flustered state, and really wishing she was somewhere else, she nodded to the others as Viktor said their names.

"So, now that I've introduced everyone, what can you do? We seemed to have gotten interrupted before you explained that part."

"Oh! Um, right! I can see through things like glamours or simple transformations, I can heal some injuries...b-but I've never really tested it on anything worse than a broken wrist, oh and my dad says my wings can stop most 'mortal' magics but I've never tested that." She recited the 'enabling' spell for her seal, and like last time, it glowed briefly this time as it activated. Afterwards, she was back to her 'normal' self. "Yeah...and I can only use my magic when I deactivate the seal on my power."

Sol gave Viktor a brief nod when he noticed the other motioning towards him, giving him hand signals, telling him not to do anything stupid. He hid his gun in his coat at this point -it still being in his hand- he really didn't want it to be out of reach either. It seemed like the situation had calmed down, well, somewhat. Vik made sure to keep it all going, even if Sol would've preferred to dwell on and deal with what had just happened. Especially the "angry yet frighteningly calm half-angel pulling out a sword of nowhere" part of it.

"Now that were all settled, here's the rest of the team. Solomon, Juliet, William, Mirabelle, Tomas and you've already met Daniel; and for the sake of speed. Human, Succubae, Human...mostly, Automaton, Dragon-half, you know what Daniel is and I am a vampire."

Sol greeted the other when his name was mentioned. "Hola, Yvette," he said, mind still adjusting to the situation that had gone down. He shouldn't be worried, but he had to admit that the way Yvette had dealt with it seemed a bit too calm. It was a little off-putting, the only people who reacted like that were people who had gone through too much like this, or bad people. It was difficult to tell which she would be. She didn't seem that used to it, she'd been shocked at first, but then... what kind of person got that aggressive when she was supposed to be scared?

I shouldn't think like that. But I mean, she did just pull a sword out of nowhere... Sol, she's probably younger than you, and she just had a really bad time. Give it a rest.

He scolded himself, and pushed it away, to linger in the back of his mind.

"Oh! Um, right! I can see through things like glamours or simple transformations, I can heal some injuries...b-but I've never really tested it on anything worse than a broken wrist, oh and my dad says my wings can stop most 'mortal' magics but I've never tested that. Yeah...and I can only use my magic when I deactivate the seal on my power."

So healing and seeing through glamours and shielding against magic? Well, then there's also the sword she just pulled out of nowhere. Still, the wing part... she mentioned that, but I can't really see any wings.

Sol raised a hand, and stretched it out as far as he could to get attention, seeming impatient. "Hey, excuse me Yvette, I have a question. Or rather, two." He waited for her to look at him, before continuing. "So, you have wings? Can you show them to us? Or did you just, and I simply can't see them? And also, do you want a hug? No strings attached, just a "I'm sorry you feel bad" kinda hug. Well, I suppose it's also a "welcome to the team" hug."

He smiled brightly. He wasn't entirely sure he should be offering her hugs, but frightening person or just a girl fearing for her life, she probably needed a hug after all that all the same.

It might be a bit embarrassing for me to do that in front of everyone, though.

Even though the others would know Sol was just being friendly. He hoped they would at least.

"Oh, and also, it's not Solomon, it's just Sol. Solomon is mainly used when someone is disappointed in me."

Yvette

"Hey, excuse me Yvette, I have a question. Or rather, two. So, you have wings? Can you show them to us? Or did you just, and I simply can't see them? And also, do you want a hug? No strings attached, just an "I'm sorry you feel bad" kinda hug. Well, I suppose it's also a "welcome to the team" hug.

"Y-yes..umm..Solomon was it?" She asked; she knew Viktor had said everyone else names, but find out she'd revealed herself to an angel, even if he was supposedly not a threat, had left her a bit distracted. "Oh...yes I do have wings," She said, her blush which had been fading, reasserting itself as she realized she should've mentioned this next bit earlier. "But only angelics or demonics can see them. They're really just a manifestation of my in born powers, so they don't really exist in the physical world." Reaching up, she fiddled with her hair a bit before answering Solomon's next question. "N-no offence, but I'll have to pass...I...don't really like being touched. It's nothing personal, just...um yeah"

"Oh, and also, it's not Solomon, it's just Sol. Solomon is mainly used when someone is disappointed in me."

"Oh? Oh! I'm sorry!" She yelped. Right now, She thought. I'd give almost anything to just sink through the floor a disappear.

Both Tomas and William watched as both Yvette and Daniel talk back and forth to each other. Both ready in case things get out of hand between the two, mostly with Yvette. Though after a while, things cool off and everything seem to be back to normal.

Tomas

Tomas snorted a bit after Yvette seem to be embarrassed right now from the way she acted. 'Oh, now you seem to notice everyone else.' He said in a sarcastic manner in his head. Looking her over and wondering if she would be alright for the team. He was wrong about Sol and Viktor. He doubted that they would stay after the demonic mission, but turns out they are now a permanent part of the team, at least so far.

Though, if Tomas was glad of anything, he was glad that they now have a healer, even if she could only heal minor stuff at the moment. Hearing Sol question about hugging her as Tomas shook his head sideways. "Really Sol? Asking someone you barely know if they want a hug?"

William

William was glad that everything settled down now and Yvette was opening up a bit. Looking embarrassed from her recent actions. William just smiled a bit, remember how badly he acted in front of people when he was first introduced to the team. Though he still has his moments of..skittestiness. He wasn't as bad as he was before hand.

"I'm sure Sol didn't mind it at all," Will said trying to change the subject as Tomas talk to Sol. "You can call me Will for short if you don't want to use William," Will said as he walked up and offered his hand in friendship.

Mira watched as Yvette and Daniel worked whatever situation was between them out, ready to step in if need be. Luckily they had avoided an incident for now and both sides backed down. Afterwards, there were more introductions as Viktor quickly rattled on about who was who and what they were, something that she felt was a bit rushed but she could at least understand why.

After that, Sol began talking to her, even offering to hug her, something that she refused in an embarassed manner. Mira could understand why, especially with what just went down...unfortunately, it seemed that not everyone else could, what with the quick snort from Tomas. She didn't know what exactly was going through his head but she could be sure that it was rude and possibly quite insulting, especially with what he was saying to Sol now...and with that conviction she gave him a quick, light elbowing to the side, saying, "Please don't. It's a bit too soon for all of that."

With that, she moved up a bit and said to Yvette, "Hola. You can call me Mira if you want. Also, you don't need to be embarrassed about all of that. We've already been through a few incidents with people nearly caving each others heads in and eventually working it out so we're a bit more used to it than most. Besides, at least you had the justification of thinking you were in mortal danger, instead of racial hatred or anything like that." Of course, after she mentioned that, it occured to her that she probably shouldn't have said that, at least right now. Quickly she followed up with, "Uh...well, actually, i probably shouldn't have said that. Sorry about that. Anyways, welcome to the team."

"Oh...yes I do have wings, But only angelics or demonics can see them. They're really just a manifestation of my in born powers, so they don't really exist in the physical world.

"N-no offence, but I'll have to pass...I...don't really like being touched. It's nothing personal, just...um yeah"

"Neat. About the wings, I mean. And about the hug, well, no worries," Sol said. "It wouldn't be an offer if you weren't allowed to decline." He chuckled, though in the back of his mind, he thought of her reaction and her reply. It seemed common enough, even shy. More in line with how she had acted before freaking out.

Then what was that?

"I kind of figured you'd say no, but I'd feel bad if I didn't at least offer it."

"Oh? Oh! I'm sorry!"

Yvette said when he mentioned preferring being called Sol. "It's fine, you didn't know. I blame Vik," he said, jokingly. With that, it was dealt with. Well, at least until Tomas decided to voice his opinion.

"Really Sol? Asking someone you barely know if they want a hug?"

Sol shrugged. "Well, I was just trying to be nice. Besides, some people react better to physical contact than just words, you know," he continued, with a nonchalant tone. He grinned. "Because, you know, some people actually like hugs. I've asked people if they want a hug after bad situations, some decline, while others feel a lot better after one. Most are happy that I offered one, because it shows that I care about their well-being." Sol stretched and yawned, putting the book in his lap. The mischievous part of his grin faded a bit, as he got more serious.

"I suppose what I'm saying is... I don't see what's bad about offering someone a hug, but if there is, that's a discussion for another day."

With that, he leaned back against the wall and began shifting his hat back and forth, trying to make it stay in a way so that it'd keep that damned fringe out of his eyes. He listened to the others, and especially about the part with people fighting because of racial hatred, to which he huffed, under his breath, to himself. Just thinking about the event, with two professionals bickering like children as he tried to make a hostage talk, got him a bit annoyed.

You'd think I would be one of the people involved in that, being a hunter and all.

Time continues onward

as the next month rolled by, training continued, with Karis going into more detail about different combat arts and tactics then before, though some caught on to him dialing it back so his classes could keep up. After all, he's not dealing with veterans of countless battles, but 'children' by and large.

Apart from the increase in training regiment, and the usual classes and routine, the news start with reports of terrorist attacks. At a glance it wasn't really note worthy but the locations where more note worthy to the 'super natural' community, with reports of the assailants matching those of the group that attacked the school. But this time it seemed they where after more then just a school. They where after community centers and other places to aid non humans in various aspects of life. Seth was also start to get reports that the same group was trying, and failing to interfere with his operations as well, but they where swiftly becoming a nuisance and Seth was just not going to have any upstart racists screwing with him.

The school it self tightened security as the reports started coming in, there would be no second slaughter of the student body if they had any say in the matter, and to aid in that teams where starting to be dispatched to investigate questionable activity in the area, and while it did stop some petty crimes nothing related to the terrorist group was found, though most could feel another clash with them was coming.

Meanwhile in a deep part of Limbo

Sierra and several other Keys, as well as Queen Riviera where investigating a site hinted at on a map another team found at a different site. It took a few days to reach their destination but what they found when the arrived was surprising. Unlike the other sites, this one was untouched and fully intact, having not had to whether countless wars and vandals. Whats more, the site it self seemed to be some kinda of library, a fairly important one since it took 2 Keys to even open the place up. Though some where in the process of unlocking things the curator that was awoken, a floating orb that refereed to it self as 'Cephalon Jordis' or just Jordis after the initial introduction imprinted Sierra onto it self as it's new Operator, which annoyed Riviera to no end, even after the day and a half it took for Sierra to get most the library unlocked for every one else.

Curiously though, Jordis refereed to the Keys by very different surnames, like Sierra 'Valentine' and Mystina 'Vermilion', and the only answer for that it ever gave was "that is who they are" and staunchly refused to refer to them as anything else.

It was also during this time frame when Sierra more less figured out the language she'd originally went to the Demon Realm to research though this was mostly due to Jordis helping her then her own progress. Near the end of the month though Sierra ended up out of commission for a few days. She'd messed around with and altered her amulet, the one that was supposed to keep her safe from the effects of high Aether density, so that it would instead act as a filter and focusing lens of sorts to start her own 'Aethic Evolution' and no one told it her hurt like hell or would make her feel really sick, or not to the degree she was feeling.

But after she stopped feeling sick she was still left with a dull throbbing pain in her skull and back side as her new horns and tail grew in, made some what worse when her new wings started to come in as well, but by the end of the month the change had completed it self, though she was still a bit sore from the whole ordeal.

Tomas

Tomas was about to say something to Sol but felt being nudged by Mira.

"Please don't. It's a bit too soon for all of that."

Sighing as he looked away and said, "Very well.." He looked back at Yvette and said, "Welcome to the team," he would then turn his head to Viktor and say "if you need anything else from me Viktor just let me know." He started to walk off towards the training area. "I'm going to train a bit while I'm here."

William

William looked a bit worried about Tomas. Though, in the end, didn't say anything about it as he shakes his head a little. "Sorry about Tomas..he a..bit moody at times." Will chuckle lightly a bit. Hoping she didn't think any less of Tomas.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, into the future

As time goes onward, both William and Tomas continue their schooling and training. Tomas finally learning to able to revert back to his human form once more and able to go back and forth if need be. While William learned more forms to take on and able to make them quite affected and able to last a while and have a punch if it was a firearm base form.

Tomas was writing back to his brother and was receiving letters as well. Mostly just telling his older brother how school was going and such. Wondering if he should visit him sometimes when he had some time off from school.

Meanwhile, William was working harder in his training. In both fighting and confidence from Viktor teaching. Though there were times the training seeming impossible, but it never got out of hand. If it seemed William could get hurt, Viktor would call it a day and try it some other day when he thought William would be ready.

Both were worried about the news about tightening security due to the reports of the ones who attack the school up to their tricks once more. While William didn't know what to think of the group, besides hoping to take them down to end their terror spree, Tomas hated them. He hoped they were picked to take the bastards on for what they did at the start of his school year. For what they done and are still doing to this day.

Viktor

He was generally happy with how the training was going, though he did still butt heads with Solomon from time to time, he was getting more used to handling the young hunter. Team building was going fairly well, and the new girl was starting to find her place in the team, though she still seemed to shy away from Daniel if he was about; the only other rough point, with regards to the team, was when he got Karis to work with Yvette on her sword work...it took longer than Viktor was happy with for the merc to clue in that she wasn't one of his battle hardened fighters, though fortunately she suffer nothing more serious than some bruises and strains.

That was the positive, on the negative there were a series of attacks around the world, all of which seemed to be targeting various non-human centers. Viktor had reports from back home; several Clan local operation centers and a handful of Clan owned businesses had been hit, as well as places owned or operated by several of Clan Yurchenko's allies. The attacks that couldn't be covered up, as anything but 'terrorist' attacks, were blamed on pro-Russian militants (much to the dismay of the actual militant groups who were genuinely innocent), while those that could be whitewashed were labeled as anything from industrial accidents, to bad weather. The numbers were still coming in, but so far Clan losses were over 1500, including some good friends, and the numbers were likely to climb higher once they finalized the casualty reports and heard from their allies. Needless to say Viktor was not in a good mood.

Yvette

Then
"Hola. You can call me Mira if you want. Also, you don't need to be embarrassed about all of that. We've already been through a few incidents with people nearly caving each other's heads in and eventually working it out so we're a bit more used to it than most. Besides, at least you had the justification of thinking you were in mortal danger, instead of racial hatred or anything like that. Uh...well, actually, I probably shouldn't have said that. Sorry about that. Anyways, welcome to the team."

"Thank you Mira..." She said a bit hesitantly, eyeing the others that were standing about, and trying to guess who had been trying to kill whom...and wondering if coming back here really had been such a good idea. Was probably either the angel and the demon chick...Juliet, or maybe one of the humans... She wasn't sure if she really wanted to know, lest that flare up again, on top everything else. Instead she focused on more polite introductions and trying to bring her heart rate back down.

Now
Bit by bit she was feeling more comfortable with the team, and her role in it, though she still made an effort to spend as little time around Daniel as she could manage. On top of the general physical training and team building work Viktor had them doing, she spent a fair bit of her time being instructed by Karis on ways to improve her sword work. While his instructions and guidance were doing wonders for her sword skills, Yvette wished he'd tone it down a bit; at the moment she was nursing a rather impressive collection of bruises across her torso, all incurred while she was 'unsealed'; she was pretty sure Karis would've accidentally put her in the hospital if Viktor hadn't gotten him to ease up a bit.

Despite all her various obligations running her a bit ragged at times, she was glad of the distractions. It stopped her from worrying too much about her mum after the spate of attacks on non-human centers.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here