Gato Community College. (game thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 57 NEXT

Isaac

Well somebody thinks rather highly of herself.

"You're not just a normal human... your soul likes to wear masks upon itself. Do you know who you really are? Or is this who you think you are?"

"My, my, aren't you a perceptive one." He said, moving to stand in front of Akasumi. "I can be whomever I choose." As he spoke, his appearance and voice changed until Akasumi was staring at 'herself'. "Now that that is out of the way." He said, still looking and sounding, like her. "Perhaps you could do me the favour of telling me your name."

"Please refrain from doing that... but i am Akasumi Meido. You may call me rose." she said, looking at him. The katana and haori disappeared off of her and she turned around, letting the towl dip down to the base of her spine, Displaying the roses on her back. "Before you ask like the rest have... they spoke to me when i saw their image... " she said, letting him look at them.

Shakily getting up to her feet with Alicia's help, Kaylee winced as she put her right foot down and slowly lifted it back up. Crap... I'm really gonna feel this one tomorrow... With Alicia giving her a compliment and a bit of advice, she nodded and typed up a response. "Yeah... I've fought people before, none like you though. I'll look into training if I've got time, no idea how bad classes here are gonna be... and I can't afford to get kicked out."

The mute girl sighed a bit before erasing that message and typing a new one up. "But did you really need to open up with a crotch shot? The stuff down there is important, y'know?"

Alicia

"Yeah... I've fought people before, none like you though. I'll look into training if I've got time, no idea how bad classes here are gonna be... and I can't afford to get kicked out."

"Fair enough, and yeah I do have a bit of an advantage. I've been training for about three years, and watching my dad train others for as long as I can remember." She said, rubbing her abused shoulder. "You should stop by the gym I go to at some point, see if Krav Maga is for you."

"But did you really need to open up with a crotch shot? The stuff down there is important, y'know?"

Alicia smiled and laughed. "That's the thing with Krav Maga, all those spots that are off limits in most 'competition' martial arts, are primary targets in it." Wincing slightly she also massaged an inner thigh. "Anyways, I think you got back at me pretty good...I'm only standing 'cuz of a quick reaction time and a fair bit of luck."

Isaac

"Please refrain from doing that... but I am Akasumi Meido. You may call me Rose."

"Pleased to meet you Rose..." Isaac replied, shifting back to his original appearance. He was going to sat something else, but lost his train of thought as Rose's towel dipped. He'd always been fascinated by tattoos, but knew there was no real point given his physiology.

"The artist did a fantastic job." He said, trying to get his hair in order. "Anyways...thanks to my incredible deductive skills, I have observed that while there seem to now be five people assigned to this room, there are only four rooms. I propose that since we are the two late arrivals, we share the remaining room; and if the thought of sharing a room with a man makes you nervous...I assure you, I would never try anything untoward to a woman without her consent...especially one who is hand with a sword." Seriously? Not even a smirk? I hope the others have a sense of humour at least...

"I shall volunteer for the couch... i don't have much in the way of material possessions and only require a dresser for my clothes..." Rose said to him, pulling her towel back up and facing him. "So, what is it that you like?" she asked him rather bluntly and monotonously. The girl seemed to stare straight into his soul, in more ways than one.

Kaylee's eyebrows rose up a small bit as Alicia explained how long she had been training for. Oh... No wonder she's so strong then... She gave the fighter girl a smile and a nod as she mentioned her gym and that Krav Maga was a lot less 'clean' than she'd expect. "I think I'd like going in then... Fighting clean isn't exactly useful outside a ring." She typed out and then wrote out another message. "Well, next time you won't be so lucky... maybe. Either way, I'm gonna go try to find something to decrease this crotch pain... and you'll probably want to apply some fresh bandages to that..." As Alicia read, the mute girl pointed at the bandage, a blotch of red slowly expanding outward.

Kaylee slowly hobbled her way toward the clinic area, typing out one more message for Alicia. "Y'know... you'd think they'd have some sort of magic healer on hand so we wouldn't have to wait so long, right?"

Alicia

"I think I'd like going in then... Fighting clean isn't exactly useful outside a ring."

"Damn straight... my dad has a couple of good painted across the back wall of his gym. 'If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.' and 'There was no such thing as a fair fight. All vulnerabilities must be exploited.' They sum up the core of Krav Maga pretty well."

"Well, next time you won't be so lucky... maybe. Either way, I'm gonna go try to find something to decrease this crotch pain... and you'll probably want to apply some fresh bandages to that..."

Hip checking Kaylee lightly, she smiled. "We'll see about that short stuff." She said, before turning to 'sniff' the bandage. "Well it doesn't smell like rotting flesh, so I think I'm good...but you're probably right."

"Y'know... you'd think they'd have some sort of magic healer on hand so we wouldn't have to wait so long, right?"

"I get your thinking, but if people knew that all their hurts could be 'magic'd' away in a moment, that would just encourage them to be reckless in training, and increase the chances of something really bad happening." She added with a shake of her head. "Plus some of them might carry that mindset into a real fight...and shit like that will get you killed."

Isaac

"I shall volunteer for the couch... i don't have much in the way of material possessions and only require a dresser for my clothes..."

"No, no, no, that won't do." He said emphatically. "In that case, you shall have the room, and I will avail myself upon one of our other erstwhile room-mates for accommodations." Looking at Rose's towel, he shook his head, and pulled out the pony tail he'd just finished. Going over to where he'd stashed his bags, he pulled a towel and various toiletries, as well as sock and some silk boxers, out of a suitcase; and another vest, shirt, and slacks combo from a larger garment bag.

That girl unnerves me. He thought, turning towards the bathroom. Those eyes...it's like she's looking through me...

"So, what is it that you like?"

It took him a second to realize what she was talking about, and then it clicked. "Ah, the tattoo...while the subject is a touch 'dark' for my tastes, but I do admire the skill and artistry of the composition, and the talent required to produce such a piece...and the 'canvas' as it were, that it is displayed on is quite fetching as well."

"Oh... i was talking about you interests..." she said, a slight hint of red surfacing on her face for a brief second before it was completely crushed back to her normal skin color. "But i appreciate the compliments... The roses are a symbol for me, but i do not know why..." Rose explaine to him, walking into the bathroom and changing, coming out in her dress.

Kaylee's eyes seemed to light up as she listened to Alicia talk about the quotes in the gym. "Yes, yes! Exactly! Definitely let me know when you're doing training! ...Unless it's in the mornings... I can't do mornings..." She typed up rather quickly as she slowly moved along past another duo fighting. The mute girl tilted her head a bit and sighed afterward. "I guess that makes sense about the healers then. They don't want bodies on their hands if they send people out. But still...." She barely had time to show Alicia the message before the fighter shoved her with her hip. Smiling afterward despite the small sting that came with the contact, Kaylee returned the favor as she continued walking. "Pffft. Those three inches don't mean jack!"

Sierra watched the fight between Alicia and Kaylee from where she was, it was short, but pretty good. Kaylee got a few good hits in which was kinda impressive given Alicia has had formal training.

After they left to get looked at she just watched other fights, looking for good ones, if she didn't see one she'd wonder around till she found one. At this point, she was just killing time till this pointlessness was over and she could get to the classes that she felt would actually benefit her.

Tomas was punching the dummy as he was a bit sore all over his body. Though thanks to his dragon side, he didn't feel much of it. Which he was glad, he was sure that if he was still human for most of that match he would be much worst. He heard Jarrah walking up and ask what he miss.

"Mostly us fighting, me losing a bit of control and slightly transforming into my dragon form. And she countering my attacks and knocking some sense back into me." He said as he punch harder and faster. Not that he was mad, at least not at Alicia, but mostly at himself. For letting it get that far and way to easily.

Alicia

"Yes, yes! Exactly! Definitely let me know when you're doing training! ...Unless it's in the mornings... I can't do mornings..."

"Aww..." Alicia pouted. "No 5 am wake ups then?" Shooting Kaylee a sly grin, she lent in really close. "I guess you two need the rest after those long nights, eh?" Part of her chastised herself for still bugging Kaylee about that, but she found it too damned funny to stop...yet.

"Pffft. Those three inches don't mean jack!"

Shifting a bit from the contact, she did her best to 'loom' over her companion. "Whatever you say...so tell me, what's it like being a member of the Lollipop Guild?"

Isaac

"Oh... I was talking about you interests...but I appreciate the compliments..."

Success! Thought, just catch the faint blush. There IS a person in there. "To actually answer your question." He said, once she'd dressed. "I'm interested in languages, music and art...though I'm rather hopeless at the latter two. I know it sound cliché, but it's kind of hard for me to pin down specific interests when you're like me...my 'allowance' is hefty enough to let me indulge in almost anything that catches my fancy." Laughing, he rolled his eyes. "Tough life, I know...so, what does a demi-goddess do for fun and amusement?"

Kaylee gave Alicia a look as if she was from another world. "....How do you manage that...? That's freakin' absurd!" She typed out before her eyes narrowed at Alicia taking another crack at the morning incident. Taking it in stride, she gave Alicia a wink and typed out. "What? Are you jealous?"

With Alicia looking down on her, Kaylee looked up and smirked even more. "I can't complain... Lots of cute girls my size.... How about you, Ms. Beanstalk Giant?"

"Fun? Amusment? I spend time in graveyards." she said and let it hang in the air for a minute before continuing. "Staring at lost souls and helping them to the other side..." she explained, a thought crossing her mind and causing her to blush again. "That's all i can say... I don't really understand fun and amusement." she said, knowing she had a guilty pleasure she enjoyed and did hate herself for.

Alicia

"....How do you manage that...? That's freakin' absurd!"

Alicia let out a bark of laughter at the message, which caused several people to look their way. "Sooo, I guess the 5 km warm up run is out of the question as well?" I so need to Shanghai her into a run one morning...

"What? Are you jealous?"

"You wish." She smirked.

"How about you, Ms. Beanstalk Giant?"

"I think that one better suits Sierra, but to answer you... girls, no and never really thought about it. As for boys, nothing more than a month at best...for some reason I tend to intimidate them, that or they were terrified of my dad. More often than not, both."

Isaac

"Fun? Amusement? I spend time in graveyards. Staring at lost souls and helping them to the other side... That's all I can say... I don't really understand fun and amusement."

"Well aren't you the life of the party." He replied, shaking his head. "I'm sorry if this seems rude, but how can you not understand fun and amusement? You can seriously tell me, you've never watched a movie or read a book that has made you smile, never done something simply for the adrenalin rush?"

Still shaking his head in bewilderment, Isaac walked over to the bathroom. "Once again I'm sorry, but that just seems so damned dull..." With that he stepped inside; moments later the sound of running water started.

"Sooo, I guess the 5 km warm up run is out of the question as well?"

Kaylee's eyes narrowed slightly as she gave Alicia a look basically saying "You're insane."

"I think that one better suits Sierra, but to answer you... girls, no and never really thought about it. As for boys, nothing more than a month at best...for some reason I tend to intimidate them, that or they were terrified of my dad. More often than not, both."

After a silent chuckle at the first bit, Kaylee tilted her head before typing up a message. "Didn't mean for this to go into boy territory, but alright. I'm pretty sure dating a girl who has more balls than him would be intimidating to any guy. As for girls, I just... kind of found myself in a situation and found out I liked them. But honestly, you should probably just stick to guys. Explaining the whole "I like girls" thing to the parents was torture... and they probably couldn't break my arms like your dad most likely can."

As she finished typing that message up, the duo arrived at the clinic and Kaylee flopped herself onto a bed, letting out a silent but delighted sigh.

"Mostly us fighting, me losing a bit of control and slightly transforming into my dragon form. And she countering my attacks and knocking some sense back into me."

"Damn..." Jarrah looked around the gym breathed an inward sigh of relief Alicia wasn't in sight and, at least for the moment, he wouldn't have to get his ass handed to him in a fight.

"You ok mate?"

Rose followed him to the door but no further. "I... Ummm.... I like slipknot... A band..." She said and walked into her current room, fetching her iPod and bringing it back out, sitting on the couch, waiting for him to come back out. She grossed through her library which included the likes of korn, Elena Seigman, MEGADETH, godsmack, maximum the hormone and a number of other heavy bands.

Ohka meanwhile, had done a bit better with control of venting herself. She was then approached by people in school uniforms, blue and black with silver badges on their shoulder. "Hey, you seem to give off the aura that says you like to protect people." A girl approached her.

Ohka was cought off guard and looked up at her. "I... Ummm.... I guess... What made you so sure of it?" She asked her, curiously.

"I can read people's aura. Why don't you join us, Mjolnir team? We're the schools student police and help students while keeping order." She said with a smile, holding out her hand for Ohka to take.

Ohka considered this for a few moments before taking it. The girl had her spot on. Standing up, she began to shyly walk with then and discuss what the position entitled.

"I'm fine..but I can't believe I lost my cool that easily.." he said as he took a break and sigh. "Though I guess I can't say I ever been in a fight since my Mother was always too afraid of me killing someone. When I started to show signs of my powers my mother took me out of school. Try to home school me just to protect everyone else."

After Tomas's fight with the woman finished, Jack had made his way to a dummy. While he had almost an unlimited control over shadows in his natural form, he didn't have nearly as much control in his human form. He had been practicing his endurance and the amount he could control in his human form.

He started with a simple "how many shadows in the room could he control at once", if one were to look closely they would see the shadows in the room move around. He made sure to make it not too noticeable as to not cause alarm. He found that he could control up to four individual shadows at a time. Within the next ten to fifteen minutes he had been able to control around four and a half.

From there he began using some of the shadows not casted by people/monsters in the room to try to crush the dummy. He couldn't get it to break but he heard a few snaps come from the dummy. He sighed to himself before turning to look around the room and spotting Tomas and Jarrah.

He quickly made his way over to the two and said "Tomas... you have a..." Jack paused for a moment thinking for the words to use "distinct lack of control... over your..." again another pause. "Powers should I say?" He continued on to say "I would be willing to help you learn to harness and control your powers more if you wish..."

He then waited for Tomas's reply...

Mirabelle kept it up with trying to control her strength, only catching bits of the fights around her. She felt that the dummy wasn't exactly calibrated to simulate an actual human...which would make sense since they were apparently supposed to fight monsters and not humans, as far as she knew. It could have also been because they had made the dummies specifically to stand up to the amount of abuse that she and the others were able to dole out but it made trying to control her strength rather hard. Still, she felt like it was helping, especially since she didn't have to worry about breaking them if she did use too much strength.

Since she was starting to get confident, she decided that it was time to build on that and try to work on some tactics while trying to maintain her control. She didn't think that she would be able to replicate anything Alicia did, not having the training or mindset, so she figured she would look around and see if she could find someone doing what she could do. She found someone trying to be fancy, spinning around before striking with the back of their arm, using it like a hammer.

She tried to complete a non-spinning version, only to find that most of the energy actually came from the centrifugal force generated from the spin, making her attempt inferior. Truth be told, she liked the move but she questioned it's usefulness. After all, it wasn't like anyone would give her the chance to spin around like that...so she would have to find a work around to use it. After executing it properly, she began looking into the possibility of using another move to set it up, like a hook or a low kick, unknowingly whittling away peices of the dummy as she did so.

Sierra walked up to the medical area, an irate look on her face and dragging some one behind her, on closer inspection they'd find he was likely yet another 'dude-bro' that seemed to infest the school like some kind have retarded cockroach. He wasn't dead, but he wasn't moving ether, while he clearly had a broken nose/face, his left arm was also broken in several places.

Sierra tossed him onto a cot by one of the medics, "You should probably fix that" pointing to her 'victim' "I doubt any of it is life threatening, but I'm not a doctor ether." She said, rather indifferently. As she turned to leave, she saw Alica and Kaylee and decided to go bother them "Sup"

"I Know Jack.." He said as he took a deep breath. "And I might take you up on that offer..but I at least want to learn how to at least transform without going berseker first." Looking at both of them as he said "I rather not hurt someone else without a Teacher watching over me. No offense, but what you just seen wasn't my worst."

He turns back around towards the dummy and starts punching once more. Thinking back when he fully transform by mistake. He was lucky he didn't kill anyone in the area, the only thing he did kill was a giant ass bear. He could still remember bits and pieces of what happen though it was still hard to process what happen due to how fast the attack happen.

Alicia

Alicia burst out laughing at the look Kaylee gave her, when she mentioned the 5 km run. Oh yes...definitely need to Shanghai her some morning... Reading Kalee's newest message, her face darkened for a moment. I guess she had a hard time 'coming out'...

"Well even if my dad was that kind of prick, I'm still pretty sure my mum would either freeze his balls off or set his face on fire if he tried...she's an elemental mage..." She said, settling into a chair beside the bed. Moments later a petit Japanese woman, one of the medical attendants, approached the pair. Taking one look at Alicia, and her seeping bandage, she sighed.

"I thought I told you to take it easy." She said, shaking her head. "I'm sorry." Alicia replied, doing her best to look chastised. "I promise I won't be back...today at least." The attendant simply rolled her eyes and changed the bandages.

While Kaylee relaxed, Alicia stole her phone for a moment and typed a message, before dropping the phone back on Kaylee's lap.

You should see if she can give you a full physical...maybe you two can play 'Doctor'.

"Sup"

"Yo," Alicia replied. "Making friends are you?"

Isaac

"I... Ummm.... I like Slipknot... A band..."

Isaac sighed as he heard the muffled answer through the bathroom door. The poor girl is a cliché and probably doesn't even realize it. After a quick shower, he emerged dressed in a new vest and slacks combo. "Ahhh, nothing like a good shower to wash a twelve and a half hour flight out of your hair..."

Walking over to the couch, he looked over Rose's shoulder at her iPod. "Despite what you may think, I have heard of Slipknot...I'm rich, not sheltered." He said with a small smile. "Not really my style though." Going over to his bags, he retrieved his owns mp3 player. "I've been listening to a lot of Dracovallis and Narjahanam lately."

"Yo, Making friends are you?"

Sierra shrugged and sat down by Kaylee "He put a hand some where he should not have, then tried to threaten me in response to what I did to his brainless friend." She said, retaining her indifference to almost killing some one. "If there's no more brain damage then he had before, hopefully I knocked some sense into him."

"What about you two? wha cha doin here?" Sierra smirking teasingly "Don't tell me a paper cut like that is all it takes to put you down" pointing to the badge on Alicia's arm.

Kaylee looked the nurse over as she walked in, but didn't think much more as Sierra walked in. The mute girl gave the demoness a simple wave while she kept to relaxing on the bed. Alicia's laugh seemed to be contagious as Kaylee laughed as well, even more so as she listened about the probability of Alicia's mom wrecking face. "I guess I get why you've got those powers of yours then. Lucky to have two parents on opposite sides of the spectrum, huh?" She typed out as she looked up toward the ceiling.

Once Alicia stole the phone and dropped it back into her lap, she blinked at the message before typing out a response. "Hey... Just because I'm les doesn't mean I'm going after every girl I see, y'know? ...As hard as that may be to believe."

Alicia

"He put a hand somewhere he should not have, then tried to threaten me in response to what I did to his brainless friend. If there's no more brain damage then he had before, hopefully I knocked some sense into him. What about you two? Wha' cha' doin' here? Don't tell me a paper cut like that is all it takes to put you down"

"Well he's still breathing, so he can't have pissed you off to badly." She said, nodding 'thanks' to the attendant as she finished. "No, I've just learned that places like this get all twitch-y when they see people with blood soaked bandages wandering around. Normally I wouldn't have bothered with bandages at all, or at least not until I went to bed."

"I guess I get why you've got those powers of yours then. Lucky to have two parents on opposite sides of the spectrum, huh?"

"At times..." She said. "If I was taking too long in the bathroom, or getting out of bed, my mum had an annoying habit of dropping the room temperature by 10 or 15 degrees...NOT fun when you're buck naked and still wet from a shower."

"Hey... Just because I'm les doesn't mean I'm going after every girl I see, y'know? ...As hard as that may be to believe."

"Oh please, like you wouldn't jump at a chance at that..." Reaching over she ruffled Kaylee's hair. "I'm just messing with you." Clapping her hands against her thighs, she stood up. "Well you can keep slacking about here, I'm going to go work on my fire."

"Gah... That sounds brutal." Kaylee typed in response to hearing about Alicia's mom. "And trying to get back at her for that probably wouldn't have gone well either." As her hair was ruffled, the mute blushed a bit with a small, somewhat cute pout added to it in response to the little jab before. "Sometimes it gets hard to tell when the shots just keep going on rapidfire... but whatever, it's cool. ...And I'm recuperating, not slacking off!" She added indignantly before Alicia got up. In truth, I would hit that attendant, but best not to let her know that...

"I'm not 'slacking off' I'm just waiting till I get to a class where I'll actually learn something useful. Nothing to be gained from this class until I have a better understand of why my powers act as they do and I'm not going to get that by beating up morons." Sierra said as Alicia started to walk away.

she then turned to Kaylee "So, wha cha got planned next? chilling here? Or gonna pick a fight with some one else?"

Looking over toward Sierra, Kaylee blinked once before typing up a response. "Well, we'll see how this goes. I was just gonna catch up on the hours of sleep I lost due to that loudmouth speaking over the intercoms, but fighting Alicia woke me up. Unless you wanna go at it with me, I think I'll just let my crotch slowly stop stinging."

Alicia

Alicia smiled as she read Kaylee's messages. "You are right...trying to retaliate against my mum only seemed to encourage her...whoever thought giving elemental powers to a born practical joker was an idiot." She couldn't help but chuckle as the other girl blushed. "Recuperating? C'mon, I didn't even kick you that hard...anyways, you two have fun." With that she headed off.

Tagging onto a group of elemental student who were learning how to 'cast' their powers, she started trying first generate, the launch a small fireball.

"I don't listen to them... I might give them a shot..." Replied Rose. She had a few other interests that she didn't want to share. Well, it wasn't that she didn't want to, but is was more of a matter of her being so far embarassed from it that she didn't want to do it. "I... umm... i also listen to Elena Siegman..." and i know all of the lyrics to her songs... Some lyrics remind me of myself actually..." she said, trying to stamer out a response.

Ohka meanwhile had been talking to the girl and others in Mjolnir and they ha convinced herself to demonstrate her skills. Walking over to Sierra and Kaylee. "Can... i ummm... fight one of you? i want to test my skills with my ability. I want to join Mjolnir and they want to see what i'm capable of. i thought the best way would be fighting one of you..." ohka said shyly.

Kaylee gave Alicia a wave goodbye before swinging herself and putting her feet onto the floor. I guess finding another few people to fight won't be so bad... Relaxing for a bit helped...

Once Ohka walked in, Kaylee raised an eyebrow, seeing that the girl wasn't actually hurt. Then again, she shrugged since she wasn't in much pain herself. She tilted her head a little more once Ohka, of all people, asked them to fight her for some 'Mjolnir'. She hadn't read the student handbook or really paid attention during orientation (cause who does that?). As a result, she typed up a response on her phone and showed it to the girl. "Uh.... The hell is Mjolnir and why are you listening to them?"

Sierra was about to reply to Kaylee when Ohka walked up to them, asking one them for a match.

She read Kaylee's message, "What Kaylee said, other wise, I classify sparring with to be generally a bad idea. The risk of you getting seriously injured or worse is rather high, and I'd rather not horribly maim a room mate on the second day" Sierra said as she leaned back a little bit. "But yeah, what is Mjolnir and why do you care?"

"Mjolnir is the school sanctioned student police. They asked me to demonstrate my skills in a way I saw fit. So I decided that fighting one of you would be a good ideas..." She said,'feeling disappointed they didn't have faith in her. Her entire demeanor turned from hopeful to sad as her shoulders drooped and she began to look at to the ground. "I understand if you don't want to help... But please don't think I'm helpless in a fight... I'll go find someone willing to help me." Ohka replied to her room mates.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here