Egomania: An Absurd Anime-Inspired Action RP! - Chapter 1- (Closed, Started)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Egomania

An Absurd Anime-Inspire Action RP!

In an alternate future of our very own reality, a stunning, sexy man named Tyrone McNamminus set his illustrious, alluring gaze upon the jewel of the USA's west coast: Boss City. Considered to be prosperity personified, Tyrone felt it was the perfect setting for his mission.

You have just turned 21-years-old and are now, by America's standards, a true adult. With your whole life ahead of you, you could do anything! Be anyone! So why the hell are you just some nobody? Some young, anonymous face among millions? Whether this fact is debilitating you or you've chosen the path of blissful ignorance, Tyrone will not judge! He is simply here to guide you. To set you on the path to self actualization. The path of a God!

It went down differently for everyone, but at some point after your 21st birthday a fabulous black man descended from a spotlight in the sky. His shutter sunglasses and the gold chain around his neck nearly blinded you as the yellow sun's rays reflected off their metallic surfaces. Was he flying or were you just high?

He offered his hand to you, and though you may have hesitated, you took it. He was just... too cool. You couldn't divert your eyes. Then you felt a light and a darkness wash over you. You're not sure which, really, you just know it felt really weird.

"This, you feel within your soul, is the swagosphere. It is a plane of existence between our minds and the material universe. One in which the ego reigns supreme. Don't be scared, kid, embrace the power. Take control of your life! Of your destiny!"

When you finally woke from your concussion it was with a strange pair of sunglasses in your hand and a note that read:

You've been invited to the 'Ultra Spectacular Mega Showdown Battle Royale Extravaganza' starting April 4th in Boss City. First prize is any one wish of your choice! Really, anything at all! (See back of the invitation for list of banned wishes).

Come prepared and don't forget your shades!

Much Love,

Tyrone McNamminus, Sultan of Swag

You have no idea what to think, understandably. But what the hell, you try the sunglasses on... and your life changes forever...

I am looking for anywhere between 6 and 8 players, about. You can submit multiple sheets, but I am only looking for one human PC per player.

If you have any questions you can ask them here or PM me or either of my co-Gm's: Daystar Clarion or Doge.

Thanks again, and good luck with your submission(s)!

Accepted Characters:

I saw this three minutes after it was posted, I simply must reserve a spot.

This reminds me of another game system...That one super dark World of Darkness game. Whatever it was called.

A wild sheet appeared.

Edited out the hat. Don't like it.

Ignore BB code fuck up, only happens in spoilers :3

Another wild sheet appears!

By Henry Rollins' mighty biceps! This sounds like something I could be interested in. Consider this a reservation.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

THIS SPACE RIGHT HERE!!!

A SHEET WILL APPEAR ONCE I HAVE THE TIME TO CRAFT IT!!!

PEACE, YO!!

Alright, finished.

Anything I could improve on Adam?

If the concept is ok I'll be back to clean up any spelling or grammar problems and flesh out missing areas when it's not very late. I just wanted to get the basic idea down before sleeping today so sorry if it comes off as rushed (also not looked at other sheets so sorry for any overlap)

Sounds fun! I'll have a sheet up for this soon.

Just a tiny update: I intend to keep recruitment open for at least a week. I expect it will come down to the wire in terms of picking players since we've gotten so many submissions so quickly. If you don't make the cut, I am sorry! DX

Assuming I have the time, I am willing to give anyone advice on their sheets so long as they ask for it. I wrote my sheet rather straight-faced because my character is more of a fish-out-of-water in regards to silliness, so don't be afraid to get a little crazy in your sheet (as long as you still end up with a character you are willing to commit to).

Also, don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Fappy:
Just a tiny update: I intend to keep recruitment open for at least a week. I expect it will come down to the wire in terms of picking players since we've gotten so many submissions so quickly. If you don't make the cut, I am sorry! DX

Assuming I have the time, I am willing to give anyone advice on their sheets so long as they ask for it. I wrote my sheet rather straight-faced because my character is more of a fish-out-of-water in regards to silliness, so don't be afraid to get a little crazy in your sheet (as long as you still end up with a character you are willing to commit to).

Also, don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Feedback would be appreciated. Especially considering the overall creativity of the sheet - I was going for 'rabid Indiana Jones fanboy if he were the protagonist of TTGL', but I'm not certain it's enough to carry on its own.

Fappy:

Snip

I'd also like feedback on the sheet I submitted a few posts ago when you've got time.

Arcanist:

Feedback would be appreciated. Especially considering the overall creativity of the sheet - I was going for 'rabid Indiana Jones fanboy if he were the protagonist of TTGL', but I'm not certain it's enough to carry on its own.

A few things:

- Considering the alternate future setting of the RP, I think it may fit better if he were to idolize a setting specific Indy analogue. So like, Indy would pretty much be the same exact thing, just with a different name and maybe some other aspects of Indiana Jones parodied.
- I have no problem with the core of the character concept, but I would like to see more of his personality explored. I want to know more than "he is a big Indy fan". Like you pointed out, I too am a bit worried that without more depth you may end up running the well dry and get bored with the character prematurely.

avouleance2nd:

I'd also like feedback on the sheet I submitted a few posts ago when you've got time.

Here we go:

- You seem to be aware of it, but most of the sheet was difficult to read. A lot of awkward sentences and lack of punctuation had me scratching my head as to some of the ideas you were trying to get across. Requires heavy proofing.
- Another issue I had was the the character seems to be an expert in several things without much in the way of drawbacks (that I could see, anyway). A healthy balance of skills and pitfalls generally make for more interesting characters.

Spector29:
Alright, finished.

Anything I could improve on Adam?

The first one's a nitpick:

- Not sure if you did this intentionally but Adam's name is cutoff in a few of the sections for some reason. Not sure how that happened.
- The flavor is fun, but as I mentioned with Arcanist's sheet, I'd like to see more depth. You focus the vast majority of the sheet on his rapper persona, but not much else. Also his MtG hobby kind of comes out of left field. You could elaborate on some of the things he does that don't necessarily fit with his persona and why he is interested in them.

Fappy:

The first one's a nitpick:

- Not sure if you did this intentionally but Adam's name is cutoff in a few of the sections for some reason. Not sure how that happened.
- The flavor is fun, but as I mentioned with Arcanist's sheet, I'd like to see more depth. You focus the vast majority of the sheet on his rapper persona, but not much else. Also his MtG hobby kind of comes out of left field. You could elaborate on some of the things he does that don't necessarily fit with his persona and why he is interested in them.

Huh, that some some weird spoiler thing. I tried to fix it, but that's the best I could do.

I added more to the personality section, to give him some hidden depths. XD

Fappy:

- Considering the alternate future setting of the RP, I think it may fit better if he were to idolize a setting specific Indy analogue. So like, Indy would pretty much be the same exact thing, just with a different name and maybe some other aspects of Indiana Jones parodied.
- I have no problem with the core of the character concept, but I would like to see more of his personality explored. I want to know more than "he is a big Indy fan". Like you pointed out, I too am a bit worried that without more depth you may end up running the well dry and get bored with the character prematurely.

Done and done.

Open for feedback.

Probably too big, probably not detailed enough-or maybe too much detail I'm not sure. He is meant to be irritating, I don't wanna make him seem like some sort of self insert character considering he's a huge wrestler and I'm a scrawny nerd :P

Deu Sex:
-Snip-

Feedback: I like it so far, but the bio is arguably the most important part. Get to it! :P

Fappy:

Deu Sex:
-Snip-

Feedback: I like it so far, but the bio is arguably the most important part. Get to it! :P

Finished. Sorry it took so long. Also, I HOPE YOU LIKE LOTSA READING.

Deu Sex:

Fappy:

Deu Sex:
-Snip-

Finished. Sorry it took so long. Also, I HOPE YOU LIKE LOTSA READING.

It did not disappoint XD

Another Update: I'm thinking I may close recruitment next Monday, March 31st. That should be more than enough time for others who are interested to submit sheets. Once recruitment closes I'll post the accepted sheets that night and we can start the RP on April 1st.

Fappy:
April 1st.

Oh crap, he's planning to RICK ROLL US!!!

Sorry I've not updated my sheet yet i've just been surprisingly busy recently. If this is still open when my time clears up i may try editing what I submitted.

Until then good luck getting enough people but i'll withdraw my submission.

Wow, there's a bunch of people here. But I saw a list titled "Awesome, over-the-top fighting" and included Kill la Kill (oh), Jojo (my), Durarara!! (I should watch that at some point), and Gurren Lagann (gawsh). My sheet compelled me. I had to stick it in this thread.

Due to the nature of the character, I'm creating two character sheets for them. One for everyone to see from the start and the other (which I will sent to Fappy) hidden until later, should I be accepted.

Friendly reminder: Recruitment closes at the end of the day tomorrow!

If you still want to submit a sheet get to it!

I'm kind of excited to see the character progression as the whole progresses, but I'm most excited to see things blow apart into nothing and people going out of their way to be outrageous.

I still have a lot to cover, but I'll be sure to get it done by the end of the day.

And recruitment is officially closed (in 35 minutes)! Tomorrow morning I will announce who all has been accepted, update the OP and send Skype invites out. Once that is done, I will write up the opening post of the RP.

Thank you to everyone who submitted sheets and good luck!

Recruitment is Officially Closed!

Accepted Sheets:

Fappy - Ellie Blythe (GM)
Daystar - Renee Fleur (Co-GM)
Doge - Lucius Edward Felix Athelstan Elder, The Third, Esquire (Co-GM)
Deu Sex - Funky Charles
Protochimp - Wolfgang Hammersmith
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon - Mr. Rei
Terrantina - Polly Jean Walker
Funslinger - The Spine
Malbourne - Catherine Ray
Arcanist - Michigan Smith

Thank you everyone for your submissions! Sorry if you didn't make it in. I ended up accepting two more sheets than I was intending to >.>

From here I will need everyone's Skype names so I can invite you to the OOC group chat. Expect a PM from me soon!

Egomania - Chapter 1: The Shades of Destiny

It t'was a peaceful, painfully average day in the bustling metropolis known as Boss City. To some, this stagnant sense of mediocrity was due for a wake up call. For on this day the young ones would appear and the city would hear their cry! And the world would see their spirit!

On this day, their egos would be born!

The five mysteriously figures stood at attention atop the "KRUNK Daily" news tower in the center of downtown. None of them spoke to each other as they stood shoulder-to-shoulder, all sporting sunglasses of various designs. What were they staring at? The sun? The sky? Nothing?

Then, suddenly, the clouds above began to part and the entire electromagnetic spectrum poured out into the sky, tumbling like folds of linen against the roof of the building. A fabulous black man, with his arms stretched out to his sides, descended from the heavens above. His open, white button-down shirt and slacks fluttered in the wind as the turbulent winds kissed his rock-hard abs, sly grin and bare feet. Like a titan, his shadow towered over the five figures, obscuring their features entirely, even after he had landed before them. The mysterious light remained but was now muted.

After a few moments he lowered his head to see the figures and opened his eyes. His grin remained as he pressed his middle finger against the rim of his shutter sunglasses to secure them in place, "You're all here. I'm flattered, really."

"You are in command." One of the figures replied.

Tyrone shrugged, "Yeah, well that's never stopped y'all before now. Anyway," He struck a dramatic pose in the blink of an eye; stepping forward, he bent his knees and held his hand out before him. A green... no blue... NO purple, flame erupted in the palm of his hand and was extinguished just as soon as it had appeared. All of those present gasped in awe once the smoke settled. In his hand now was what appeared to be nothing more than a normal pair of plastic 90's style sunglasses. Nothing special.

Right?

"Listen well my illustrious associates: we have ten new candidates vying for this most auspicious of artifacts! It is our job to see which one of them possesses the will to wield such almighty power! This, THIS, seemingly ordinary pair of sunglasses is anything but!"

Oh.

Another one of the figures reeled back in shock, "You can't mean..."

"Yes! YES!" Tyrone laughed as he held the sunglasses up higher. "These are the Shades of Destiny!" He studied his associates for a moment before snapping the sunglasses shut and sticking them in his pocket. "I will deliver them to whomever seems the least likely and we'll see what happens from there."

One of the figures stepped forward, finally revealing herself as she approached the light. She wore a tight-fitting suit and skirt, thin and sleek sunglasses, kept her blonde hair up in a bun and held a yardstick in her hands, "What are the rules of this game, McNamminus!?"

"Always so formal, Tabitha---"

"That's Ms. Fiddleton to you!" She corrected.

"Fine, fine," He dismissed her as he walked over to the ledge of the building and looked over the side. "We've got ten kids out there just now entering the city. We only need one of them, right? Well, here's the deal: whichever one of them can possess the Shades of Destiny for twenty-four hours straight wins."

Tabitha looked taken aback, "B-b-but what if they put them on!?! They risk---"

"I'm aware of the risks, Ms. Fiddleton!" He leered at her from over his shoulder. "We don't know what these shades are capable of. Hell, we don't even know whose ego they originally possessed. If one of them dons them, well, they'll certainly overload."

"A swag overload of that magnitude could wipe us all out!" Tabitha shouted as she balled her hands into fists.

"Maybe," He chuckled. "But, you know, we're out of time. We need to do this now or it's never going to happen at all. I'll take the fall if this all goes to hell."

"You had better!"

He turned to face the group assembled before him. His expression hardened, "You should also be aware that he's here." Another chorus of gasps received him. "Keep all four eyes open. You understand?" All of the figures nodded. "Good. Now go on out there and get a taste of the new blood."

Seconds later, Tyrone was alone on the rooftop.

A sly grin crept onto his face as he turned back to look at the city below, "Time to shake things up."

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

The coast-to-coast bus ride had been a long one, but Ellie was thankful to finally be out of that stuffy tin-can. She had come prepared at least and brought two full packs of batteries for her MP3 player. The melodies of a hundred different metal, punk and classic rock bands kept her company during the long exodus. Despite her relief, she now found herself... directionless. Where did she go from here? What should she do? The instructions were bare bones are best and she didn't even have a place to stay.

Good job, Ellie. Pro planning.

Throwing her duffle bag over one shoulder she started down the street, away from the bus station. Then, suddenly, it was pouring rain.

Fucking perfect.

Her hands stuffed in her hoodie pockets, she bit the bullet and trudged on through the spontaneous typhoon until she reach midtown. Completely drenched, she crouched down on the sidewalk, under the protection of someone's apartment balcony and lit up a cigarette. Figuring she'd just wait it out, she put on her headphones, quickly drowning out the sounds of the bustling city around her. She watched as cars and pedestrians sped on by, a look of profound disinterest painted on her apathetic face.

After taking an especially long drag of her cigarette, she sighed, "This blows."

Passengers clapped and cheered as the plane landed on the runway, a bit of a bumpy ride and some turbulence, Wolfgang was tempted to piledrive the pilot, but then he'd have to swim to Boss city. A plane crash couldn't kill him, a man so manly could only die by the touch of God!

Others were leaving the plane single file. Wolfgang had no time for that shit. Grabbing his bustling overloaded luggage (which he somehow managed to fit into one bag despite it gyrating from the overflow) that he had 'convinced' the flight attendants to keep on his person as hand luggage, Wolfgang leapt up, punching a hole through the plane and ascending into the air, landing just outside of the airport entrance.

"Fuck customs! Wolfgang lands in Boss city bitches!"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked