The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 18 NEXT

Dr. Schwertner

A steady whirring noise radiated from the middle of the warehouse floor. It was accompanied by the dampened clacking of a chain catching onto a rotary gear's turning mechanism and heavy breathing that was laced with the fatigued cursing of the man operating the machinery. Occasionally, and with greater frequency as the hours went by, there was a resounding snap of electricity being discharged from the clunky, metal contraption that was on the floor. It was cylindrical, albeit in the loosest of definitions, and rather bulky, its case having been constructed from panels that were definitely not meant to be put together. Likely the oddest thing about the device was the makeshift bicycle pedals below an improvised seat and set of handlebars that were gripped by a pair of sweaty hands. The pedals spun with the energy of a terribly unfit man who was already pushing the limits of what his body was capable of. "Ach! Meine Lungen sind auf Feuer!"

Frederick Rolls

Frederick had imagined that the evening would be a quiet one, even with Sofia there. Perhaps even a possibility to sneak away and do something as the Specter when she had gone to the guest-bedroom. He'd made a Black Forest cake earlier, and they'd had a couple of pieces each with some tea, chatting about how they've spent their time -the kind of topic siblings often do talk about when they've not talked for a while- and about the festival. Just, normal conversation. Of course it wasn't going to be that relaxing, though.

It was that topic that had caused Sofia to suddenly demand that Frederick arranged for some place where she could practice. He'd considered telling her that a judge didn't actually have that many contacts within the music business, and that his place was perfectly fine for musical practices, but he'd been lucky with the first people he had called. If lucky was the right word.

Regardless, that was why he was driving his car towards the Neutropolis theatre hall, where both the local group's as well as other plays were performed. It wasn't unusual for it to be used for concerts and the likes in the past, but a brand new concert hall in the middle of the city had changed that. Sofia were tuning her violin in the passenger seat. While she wasn't much of a whimsical person normally, she found practising to be the most important thing at all times. He checked the clock. 8 P.M.

Oh joy. I wonder if I'll even be able to make a round as the Specter while she's here.

Tim Merridy

Tim arrived a little late to Rias' show due to having to find a cheap hotel that wasn't full due to the festival. However, he came in, as silently as he could. He wasn't sure if it was allowed, but he'd snuck a small camera in hoping to catch a few of Rias' tricks.

Might be a good idea to learn about it, if nothing else. Then I'm off to do evil!

Even though he was thinking this, he found himself unable to take his eyes away a single moment when she did eventually use her powers, not even to turn the camera on. Red wisps were dancing over them, following the tune of the song. It was beautiful, eerie and magnificent all at once, a simple but powerful effect.

Wow.

Even if it wasn't used for evil, it still was pretty awesome. The music wasn't too bad either, he found himself being one of the people clapping the loudest when the song ended, and, during the small interlude between the songs, took the time to locate Tom and sit in the empty seat next to him. He mimed a "hello" to the other, though he didn't actually say anything. This was a time for awe, after all, not evil.

Or...?

"So he essentially wants me to organize a group of super friends." Terry said to father as he stared into the face of his exosuit. Terry detached the helmet and the suit quickly began to collapse in on itself, folding itself into a set of metal layers about the size of a small briefcase. Terry stuffed the suit into his backpack and carried his helmet over to his father, placing it on the table. His dad's head tilted slightly.

"You could've just called me and asked me about all this. There's still a good bit of daylight left."[/color} His dad said , as Terry grabbed a wretch from the table and sat on the floor. He was probably gonna be on his but for awhile and was putting his suit back on as soon as he was done helping his dad. No reason for Terry to put on his legs.

"I can still make time to help you out with stuff around the house." Terry loosened a pipe beneath the sink. "And you can help me with this little idea. I could really use some advice here, from the Magnificent Mockingjay." Terry waved his arms a bit.

"Well..." His father sighed."Your mother and I had our fair share of allies back in the day. Crimson Cannonball, Interstellar Man, Vivian Vine, Mr. Mechanical, Detective X, and a few other heroes who would help out from time to time. We were a good team...but-" a pile of sludge spurted out of the sink. Terry's father handed him a rag.

"But what?"

"We were all individuals. We couldn't be policed, regulated, or controlled really. And that was actually a good thing but...we all had our own ways of protecting the streets of Neurocity. And sometimes we got in the way of each other...sometimes we weren't what we thought we were. Some of us were better together, while others were better off alone."

"So I shouldn't make a team?" Terry looked into the pipes and motioned his father over "Yep, it's in here."

"Truth be told, your generation of heroes seems more focused on their individuality, which is admirable in itself...but at least some form of communication wouldn't hurt. Communication changes everything. Terry's father whistled into the pipe, shaking the sink, and out popped a wedding ring. Terry picked it up and handed it to his father.

"Hey dad...whatever happened to most of the heroes you knew." Terry's father sighed. He looked at the wedding ring with a slight grin on your face.

"Well you know what happened to your mom and me. Most of the other heroes either went down in the line of duty or just sorta dropped off the face of the Earth. Crimson Cannonball lives in Jersey with his wife and 3 kids, Detective X is in a psyche ward as a patient AND a professor for attempting to find an alien conspiracy in the sewer treatment plants, Vivian Vine has firmly planted herself as the tree in Neurocity Nation Park, and Mr.Mechanical... I don't know about him actually, he usually would just show up. I gave him his name as a joke really. Didn't keep up after a few years. All I knew was that the guy always looked so...forget it, my memory is probably jus fading. As far as I know, he still lives in Neurocity."

Terry popped his legs back on and stood up. He looked his dad in the face, slightly wrinkled , gray streaks in his hair, but still magnificent at heart. He knew his father left out the few cases of heroes mistaking each other for villains and heroes turning out to be the villains, but he knew that was just the risk. Terry knew there were good people out there and the more he thought about the past; him and his brother waking up to watch news reports on heroes while they waited from their parents to either wake up or return from their night shifts. Neither of them knew they were listening to stories of their parent's night shifts.

"I think I'll give it a shot dad." Terry said, smiling as he imagined a group of heroes and himself in the headlines.

"I'm sure you'll do well. Now sit down, your mom will be home soon and we can start making dinn-" Terry's father heard the sound of unfolding metal and plastics, and turned around to see his son full suited up. His father shook his head a bit a chucked.

"First you want to drop in and help around the house and now you're going back out to "do what do-gooders good. C'mon boy, make up your mind!"

"Sorry dad, like you said, there's still daylight left." With that, Terry ran into the basement and emerged out the cellar doors on a blind side of the house. He began bounding out toward the metro area, rather excited.The sun would be setting in a bit, and more heroes would be out and about.

"Alright, lets make a few friends. How hard could it be?"

Alex

"So carry the seven and divide by two." Alex pointed out on the paper. "The plugging in the formula is always the trickiest part, Cat."

"I hate math." Catherine huffed as she scribbled down the answer. Alex chuckled at his little sister and tussled her blonde hair.

"If you want a future, you just have to deal with it." Alex said before he fetched some deli meat from the fridge before chomping down on a few slices. Even with slices of ham in his mouth he was still able to speak. "It's important."

"A boring future..." Catherine mumbled. "I want a future where I can do awesome things, not math things."

"How do you think we reached the Moon, huh? We didn't just fly towards it. Think of math as a means to an end." Alex drank some water to swirl in his mouth before spitting it into the sink.

"I meant like the things you do." Catherine looked up from her work. The sincerity in her voice echoed through the large but empty house.

"Don't be jealous of me, Cat." Alex cautioned but then the sound of the door opening filled the house. Alex and Catherine turned to see Dmitri and a few friends pile into the spacious living room.

"Alex! Come greet your brother!" Dmitri went forward with a buxom beauty in tow. Alex sheepishly went forward and eyed his friends who all seemed to be just like his brother in size. It was as if someone copied the muscular build of his brother and pasted different kinds of faces instead. "See, this is my brother!"

"Wow, he looks to different to be your brother..." The woman said. "He is too skinny and no muscle."

"Haha! This is true, he needs to get some meat for his bones." Dmitri playfully punched Alex in the arm. "Too much studying. It is all the boy does. Study, study, study. It should be gym, gym, gym!"

Alex just laughed along. He looked back at Catherine but she was already halfway up the stairs before his eyes found hers. Alex then scanned the group who looked quite inebriated to say the least which would make things a bit easier, he hoped.

"Dmitri, can I borrow the car?" Alex finally asked, deadpan in his proposition. Dmitri gave him a look.

"What for?" Dmitri asked, a sly face replaced his usual rugged one.

"I'm going out with some friends. I gotta pick them up. You know how it is." Alex said, hoping that his brother would just let him go. Despite Alex's age, Dmitri still treats him like a child mostly because it was their father than instilled that behavior in Dmitri early on.

"Celebrating your 21st birthday, I presume." Dmitri grinned a toothy smile. He took out the car keys from his pocket and dangled them in his face. "These are expensive, you know. And besides father's this is a very nice car. I should know, I built it."

"When have I ever disappointed you, brother?" Alex responded. Dmitri lowered the keys into Alex's palm and as he closed his hands, Dmitri pulled them back up. Laughter came from Dmitri and his entourage.

"Not fast enough, grasshopper!" Dmitri mocked before heading to the kitchen. He threw the car keys to Alex on his way there. Alex caught them was almost out of the door when he remembered to say thanks but Dmitri and his friends were already emptying the fridge in a roar of laughter.

Alex stepped outside and felt the cool air of the coming night. For a second he looked at the fading yellow skies and wondered why he was helping that German man with finding metal but before he could answer himself he went to his brother's tricked out SUV.

The vehicle was a monster of an SUV with an emphasis on custom. The vehicle was large enough to accommodate eight people easily so he was sure whatever the man needed, Alex could bring back in one run. When he turned on the vehicle, rave music blared loudly and the bass thumped loud enough that he thought the tinted windows would crack. Alex turned down the music and left their large house. There were several other cars parked along Alex's winding driveway that no doubt belonged to Dmitri's friends. As Alex floored it, he thought he was behind the wheels of a muscle car.

"So much for subtlety..." Alex whispered as he drove to the docks.

He got to the docks through memory and sheer luck. He almost veered onto oncoming traffic, looking for street signs. Alex was admittedly a better runner than a driver but he got there. He parked the car and followed the path to the abandoned warehouse. He checked each one to make sure but he soon found the one he was looking for based on the sounds he heard. Alex followed the odd sounds of machinery to the warehouse that the man was in. He found the man eventually but it looked like he was pedaling in place with all sorts of spare parts looking like they shouldn't belong together. He wondered if he left, would the man notice but Alex was a man of his word so he spoke up.

"Ahem!" Alex coughed loudly over the sound of whirring but it was drowned over it so he walked to the side until he was in the man's view. "Uh, hello. I'm here to help you."

Tom

Tom applauded loudly when the song ended, having greatly enjoyed the show especially when the powers kicked in. Rias was clearly talented and the power usage made the show even more awesome, the wisps gave a sort of haunting feeling to the music. He noticed Tim was there as well, and wasn't surprised when the other came to sit next to him.

He nodded at Tim to greet him as he sat down, but didn't say anything as the next song soon started to play but he was happy to see his doppelganger had managed to show up. He hoped he would be able to talk to Rias when the show ended, let her know how awesome he thought it was.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"I have to say; I'm impressed. You must be awfully confident to break into one of my banks."

"Compliment accepted, your customer service needs work though," Tess said as she tossed the hapless employee aside, keeping watch on him out of the corner of her eye as she grabbed the briefcase digging quickly through it to check for any sort of bug. She supposed she would have to check the money later to make sure it was in order but she didn't want to hang around too long. The police could be slow to respond in Neutropolis but they would eventually arrive. What the woman, Mina, said made her frown though, one of her banks?

"What do you mean one of your banks?" she asked as she closed the briefcase, glancing quickly behind her to make sure no guards were coming. A number of ideas sprang to the front of her mind and she found herself smirking again "How much are you worth exactly?"

After a minor technical issue paused the show for a minute or two after the first song, the band continued the hard rock/heavy metal set Rias had picked out for that night, they followed 'The Night' with Awake, this was pure 'performance', Rias's powers where no where to be seen same for the next to songs Live Again and Enemy. They finished the first half of the show with Prey For Me, she had planned to use her powers for this one, but she never thought of a good use of them.

There was a short intermission after, normally there wouldn't have been but the technical issue from before started to pop up again and the show was halted to fix it.

Dr. Schwertner

"Uh, hello. I'm here to help you."

Vinzenz raised his head, eyes narrowed as he focused on the man's face. Nodding in understanding, he ceased his pedaling and dismounted the contraption. Even with the only input of power having been stopped, the machine still continued to whir. However, now instead of the steady droning of sound, the noise rose and fell as it cycled the residual energy. He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it again and decided against fumbling around with English. Instead, he held a finger up as a signal to wait. Hurriedly, he stepped beside the contraption where there appeared to be a panel wires exposed and a piece of rebar that was apparently repurposed into a lever. With high hopes and a bare hand, Vinzenz gripped the lever and pulled it down as far as it could. The sound of the cycling energy started growing louder, the pulsing becoming more and more rapid. With a crack, an arc of electricity shot out of one of the raised panels and briefly connected with one of the steel supports of the warehouse roof. The resounding thrum become unstable as the machine started to rattle and warp. Before long, and with a rather loud bang, the rearmost panel exploded outward, sending bits of electrically charged metal across the room and a final bright blue arc into the brick wall, blackening the point of impact with scorch marks. "Scheisse!!"

Jack

Strings of lights shone bright in the center of town, more than ready for the nighttime festivities. Cafés, restaurants, and shops were all advertising their business hours, all extended just for the occasion. The prospect of making huge profit was just too good to pass up, something Jack could definitely agree with. Looking from one side of the street to the other, he searched for some place that had quieted down and was working on closing up for the night. He spotted a couple walking out of a little place called Shangrilatte, leaving it empty save for the lone employee in the back. Flipping his collar up, Jack mosied on over to the alley that led to the rear of the café.

The door was nothing special, wouldn't take much work to jimmy the lock. Jack withdrew a black scarf from the inside of his jacket and wrapped it around his face, leaving his eyes uncovered. Giving his hair a quick tussle, his locks were hanging down instead of slicked back and his irises clouded with a black fog until they were completely colorless. A crowbar appeared in his hands and in moments the door was pried open.

"Hey! Who's back there?" Asked a voice from the counter. The guy walked into the back of the room to see Jack standing in the doorway with a nail-bat held menacingly in his hands. The employee froze, taken aback from by the intruder's eyes.

"Better make like a banana and split," Jack said as he took a step further into the room. "Else things are gonna get real messy in here."

Without another word, the man turned on his heels and hightailed it out of there, not before stumbling over some furniture on his way out the front door. Jack couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. "Ha! Oh man, what a chump. Guess I got dibs on the safe now."

"What do you mean one of your banks? How much are you worth exactly?" the woman said, ideas passing through her head. Mina frowned. She'd thought the woman had broken in knowing she was here; not doing so by chance.

"I mean what I said. I own this bank; all the branches of it everywhere. Along with quite a bit more than that." she said, offhandedly, slipping her thumbs into the pockets of her dress-suit; feeling the little piece of metal that would become her scythe should she need it. "I'm rather surprised you didn't know; here I thought you were brave... or foolish. Now I just see you're unlucky." she said, shaking her head.

Frederick Rolls

Frederick had gotten the keys from the old lady who managed the theatre group -after a not very well hidden remark about that they'd not be sad if he ever returned- and watched at the people left from their own rehearsals. He and Sofia had entered, and, while it wasn't used as often as the large concert hall, it was still a sight to behold, a large, old fashioned scene and cushioned seats. Frederick remembered standing there for a large part of his childhood, practising or performing, though it was a lot emptier now. "Scene is yours," he remarked to Sofia, and took a seat in one of the front row ones. "I hope you brought everything you need."

"I did," she replied, and walked up on the scene, her short blonde hair and pale skin lit up as soon as she hit the stage. Preparing herself, she played a couple of notes on the violin, slowly, listening to the sound it made in the room, then moving more towards the centre of the stage. Frederick couldn't play the violin, but it was the same thing as when singing, one wanted to stand in just the right place in order to carry the sound to every last seat. Considering speakers and microphones, it was mostly just a habit by now, one they both shared. Frederick leaned further back in the seat, waiting for her to start practising her pieces, it would be the first time he had heard these.

Though, I still think I should be elsewhere.

Who knew, perhaps someone was in need of help from the Specter just now. Considering the city was filled to the brim with heroes and villains, there was probably something going on, but whether or not he was needed was a completely different question. Besides, he had, from the moment he had taken up the alter ego, he had told himself that worrying about such was useless. Last thing he needed was more responsibilities outside what he actually did as a hero, and his job as a judge. He closed his eyes, though Sofia had still not started playing.

"You know," she suddenly said, drawing his attention to her. "There are lyrics to these songs, if you want to join in. I'm going to perform solo, though if you'd like to do something while I'm practising---"

"I'm fine," Frederick interrupted. "It's been years since I sang anything outside my own place, and I intend to keep it that way." He simply didn't have the time, or so he told himself. Not that he was allowed to actually be busy, the doctor he every now and then got checked up by still told him to limit stress and working, said it would have a negative impact on his body due to how close to the heart he had been stabbed.

Just another excuse to keep me bored, I imagine, but at least I get plenty of time to do other things.

"Frederick, I'd really appreciate if you sang, actually," she admitted. "I've been struggling a bit with inspiration lately, and as my brother I know you'd be able to help me out."

"Okay, okay," he stood up. "I'll help you practice, just this once." She frowned.

"Well, actually, I imagine your help would last for a little more than that. I'm sure you can take a break, a month or two, from judging and travel around with me. You know, do something else from a change, in a different place." He raised an eyebrow, this sounded... well, unlike Sofia. She was normally direct, to the point of being rather rude, occasionally. Now, however, she was being rather... well, indirect, not wanting to state her intentions outright.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that," he replied. Then he smiled a wry smile. "Besides, since when did you need your big brother to do anything? Are you trying to get me to quit my job or something?"

"That's not---" The tone of her voice made it clear that it had been fairly accurate, and Frederick felt himself growing a bit annoyed. After 3 years, he would have thought this was done with. "Listen," he said. "I'm doing fine. Everything is fine, don't worry, I can look out for myself. Quite frankly, this is getting old, Sofia, It's been 3 years, I've made a full recovery, and I'm fine."

Not a "full" full recovery, but it's close enough.

She didn't reply, only looked at him, as if there was something else. However, Frederick ignored that, and just sighed instead, standing up. "Listen, I'll be back in not too long. Half an hour at most. I just need some... some air, I'm sure you can manage on your own for that long, right? I'd appreciate if you waited for me to come back, though considering how long you normally practice, I'm sure that's no problem."

"Yes, sure," she replied, probably having decided that there was no use in talking about it. Frederick strolled out, though as soon as he had closed the door to the main hall, he made himself invisible, putting the masks on in case he'd need to show himself as the Specter, and went through the walls, and outside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsure of whether or not he wanted to go listen for crime, or if he wanted to actually just take a walk, he decided to go somewhere between, hoovering over the roads, but not flying high enough to get over most of the buildings. It was then he noticed the Crick, a rather well-known hero due to his heritage. While Frederick would easily admit not to know much about just who the guy's parents were, he knew something else, and that was that he himself was in a somewhat bad mood, and that a practical joke had never harmed anyone.

As long as they aren't overdone, of course.

Of course, the Specter never overdid things. He flew close to the Crick, still invisible, and, placing himself in front of the guy, he suddenly appeared in the form the Specter took when he still was in his body, which would give most people something close to a heart-attack. "Hello!" he said, grinning inside the mask. His voice was a bit echoed from the mask, but apart from that he sounded rather cheerful. "How are you?!"

Tim Merridy

Tom didn't say anything when he sat down, but that was expected, it was a show, after all. More songs, none the kind of music Tim normally listened to, but all well-performed and fun, until there was technical issues. Sadly, Rias hadn't used her powers for the other songs, but it was an enchanting experience, and Tim was genuinely disappointed by the break caused by the issues. He waved to Rias, and, regardless of if he got her attention or not, he spoke; "Don't worry, it's been great so far, and I bet you'd make it great even if nothing else works." It was encouragement of some sorts, truthfully enough, though he wasn't yelling it like some fool.

Better not to cause a scene here as well, not when I've already gotten something else planned.

He then turned to Tom. "Right, Tom? It's been pretty great so far, at least." There was something about how similar the two were that made him curious, and he added; "By the way, unless you mind me asking, do you live with your biological parents? You know, just because the similarities. Might as well check and see if we can rule out something there."

Terry pushed himself forwards, still heading towards more active parts of the city. Thing's tend to happen quite spontaneously down there and plenty of heroes passed through. He wasn't sure what he'd actually say to one really. The Crick had been solo-act for years, just randomly saying "hey, let's team up" could be just...odd. Whatever the case, it wouldn't hurt to-

Terry heard the air beside him quiver a bit. Ever so slightly. He stopped on the edge of a building and tapped his helmet slightly. It was strange. Terry figured he'd gotten better with his hearing over the past 5 years. He could typically just tune out bugs. That didn't sound like a bug to Terry though, it just sounded like a breeze. He shrugged, staring out into the city, but jumped back as a ghostly figure appeared inches away from his face.

"Hello!" The apparition's voice echoed from behind a comedy mask. It was friendlier than Terry expected."How are you?!"

"Well I was fine until you popped up in front of me. Man, awhile back I would've kicked you off this building on accident!" Terry looked down at the figure's feet, noticing he was floating off the ground. "Though, I guess you don't have to worry about that."

Terry joked along, but wasn't sure how he should be handling this. Was this guy some sort of weird villain? Should Terry be afraid? After finally getting a good look at him, Terry's brain finally clicked the pieces into place, realizing there was only one person this could be.

"Ah you're uh, you're the Ghost! I've seen the reports! The media loves it when they can capture a blurry figure on a screen and say it's you. You seem to "haunt" people, people being criminals. Started about 3 years I think, right? I was still new at this whole hero thing back then. Heck, still kinda am! It's very nice meet you in person."

Terry was talking a mile a minute, grinning from beneath his mask. This was his first time speaking to a fellow hero! Well Terry thought he was a hero but his parents were still unsure. The Spectre merely nodded and before he could say anything, Terry reached out his hand, eagerly ready to shake the Spectre's.

A thought hit Terry.

"Wait a second, are you actually a ghost?!"

Rias waved back to Tim and Tom as they approached. "Thanks, could still be better though, I was gonna do something power wise for the last song we did but nothing ever came to mind, and ya know, technical issues." she said with a shrug. "Glad your enjoying it so far though." she smiled, she liked hearing that people enjoyed her shows.

Her smiled faded into something more of a mischievous grin "Oh, but I do have such plans for the restart" her comment was to Tim and Tom, but she was looking at the bassist. "Yes .. I have plans ..."

The bassist, who caught a glimpse of Rias expression turned to the drummer "dude ... she got that look in her eyes again ..."

Tom

"Right, Tom? It's been pretty great so far, at least."

Tom nodded eagerly "Yeah its been awesome, you're an amazing singer Rias," he said, he considered saying more but Tim spoke up again this time addressing him.

"By the way, unless you mind me asking, do you live with your biological parents? You know, just because the similarities. Might as well check and see if we can rule out something there."

"No I'm adopted," he said with a shrug "Not that it matters to me, my parents are awesome, I don't think I have any relatives though they said they tried to check and couldn't find anything."

"Oh, but I do have such plans for the restart"

"Cool! Tom said, "I can't wait to see what you come up with, and if you need a hand or anything I'm happy to help, though I can't say I know enough about tech to be much help there."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"I'm rather surprised you didn't know; here I thought you were brave... or foolish. Now I just see you're unlucky."

"I've heard of you," Tess replied, annoyed by the woman's tone "Not everyday you meet a CEO in a bank vault though, lucky for you you've been cooperative makes this easier for both of us."

She weighed her options quickly, she couldn't afford to stick around too much longer and she really didn't want to try her hands at hostage taking. But... there had to be an opportunity here, and she very much wanted to do something to show up the smug bitch. She settled for smirking maliciously for the moment, hoping that she could at least manage to intimidate the woman.

"Look I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got this money of yours to make off with," she said "and I'm sure you've got important business things to get to, like standing in a vault, so I'll be seeing you."

She turned to leave, shooting a glare and the cowering employee as she started to walk out "You really might want to invest in better employees though, just a tip but only one security guy tried to stop me," she grinned "And he was a pushover, its just boring really."

Frederick Rolls

"Well I was fine until you popped up in front of me. Man, awhile back I would've kicked you off this building on accident! Though, I guess you don't have to worry about that."

Frederick chuckled.

Not really, no.

He considered saying something, but this guy was already speaking again. If nothing else, this guy was very eager and easily excitable.

"Ah you're uh, you're the Ghost! I've seen the reports! The media loves it when they can capture a blurry figure on a screen and say it's you. You seem to "haunt" people, people being criminals. Started about 3 years I think, right? I was still new at this whole hero thing back then. Heck, still kinda am! It's very nice meet you in person."

Hm, someone knows his stuff, that's for sure.

He nodded, though he wasn't sure where to interject. Instead, he waited for the Crick to finish saying what he was saying. Frederick wasn't in a hurry, after all, he had half a mind to just go home and wait for Sofia to figure out that he'd left.

She meant no harm.

That much he knew. He knew why she was saying stuff like this, and he understood it, he really did. But enough was enough.

Nevermind that now.

He pushed the topic away, just in time for having a hand reached out. He was about to shake it -old habit- but then he stopped himself. The Crick suddenly looked like he'd just thought of something.

"Wait a second, are you actually a ghost?!"

"Hah," Frederick, or rather, the Specter, said. "You'd like to know, wouldn't you? Hm, am I actually a ghost?" He wasn't completely sure about that himself. He could possess people, after all, who was to say that he wasn't simply possessing his own body? Upon remembering the month spent away from it, desperately trying to get back in as he watched the people he loved beg for him to wake up, he still wasn't sure.

"I'm not dead, as far as I know," he finally admitted. As much as he'd like to pretend that he was some sort of phantom, haunting the criminals who killed him, he figured he might as well be honest with a fellow hero. He'd certainly already given up his real identity once already, only hours ago.

"Though, if you'd like, you can pretend I told you that I was stabbed by some criminals, and chose to stay and mess with them instead of going to heaven. I'm sure that's a more dramatic story; the press would probably love it." It was rather close to the truth, after all. "Anyways, it's a pleasure to meet you, Crick, you can call me The Specter."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Merridy

"No I'm adopted. Not that it matters to me, my parents are awesome, I don't think I have any relatives though they said they tried to check and couldn't find anything."

"Hm, suspicious," he remarked, but grinned. "Clearly this is a mystery then!"

I remember having heard something similar himself.

It hadn't been directly, though, simply a letter addressed to his parents he had found a couple of years ago. It had been short, and to the point, they'd been looking into his heritage without him knowing, but had been unable to find anything. Considering it, that was suspicious enough in itself, most people had at least some sort of paper-trail. Rias waved back, and they went over to speak to her.

"Thanks, could still be better though, I was gonna do something power wise for the last song we did but nothing ever came to mind, and ya know, technical issues. Glad your enjoying it so far though."

"Well, of course we're enjoying it! It's awesome, you're really talented," Tim said. Now he really wanted to see her in a movie, though, one where she'd be the main character, a singer reaching the hearts of audience, while struggling against the odds. Heck, even something that involved her powers would be awesome, he was sure of it.

No wonder she seems to have a lot of fans.

"Oh, but I do have such plans for the restart"

She glanced towards the bassist, a mischievous expression on her face. Tim recognized that sort of expression, it reminded him of himself when he had something great and slightly evil in mind.

"Yes .. I have plans ..."

"Oh, I look forward to it," Tim said, and grinned. "Sounds like it'll be funny." His tone was just about as mischievous as her smile. Tom -who was appearing to be someone who was overly eager help from his first impressions- offered his help, and Tim nodded.

"Yeah, I can help you out too, especially if you need help plotting your awesome restart," he offered.

Alex

"Scheisse!!"

"What the hell?!" Alex shouted as the electricity danced.

Alex stepped back and flinched as the electricity arched. It was so sudden that Alex almost teleported out of there to avoid the electricity. It is a struggle keeping his powers under control especially when he experiences a sudden fright. Its almost instinctual for him to teleport now that he has to catch himself before he does so. This was such an occasion.

A feeling crept up his stomach about this man's intentions. If he could build that with nothing then what could the man build with spare scrap? What was he trying? He wished he could speak German, let alone speak to this man clearly but curiosity took the better of him.

"What is this?" Alex motioned to the doctor's machine. "Good or bad?"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Stefan

"You know, I don't usually take coffee at sundown." Stefan remarked as he sipped on his black coffee. "But for you, I can make exceptions."

"That's good to hear, Mr.Devaux." Mr. Johnson curtly said. The man was young-looking, square-jawed and svelte as messengers go. Stefan was pleasantly surprised to see that the company responded so quickly and with a location. Normally negotiations like this would take time simmer and boil until a perfect plan would hatch but this company was different. "We at L&T Strategy Corp. would like to-"

"Please, call me Stefan." Stefan interrupted. "And what's your real name?"

"No need to worry about my name, Stefan." Mr. Johnson said calmly, trying to ignore Stefan's probing. "As I said, my company would like to extend a deal to you."

"Your employer?" Stefan asked. "All I received in your latest email was a place and a time to meet. No names, no hello, no goodbye, nothing. How can you expect me to be invested in a company I've never heard of."

"Because if I recall correctly, you accepted our arrangement." Mr. Johnson countered, trying to conceal his flustered state. "Now Stefan, are you going to hear us or not?"

With that statement, Stefan laughed. He laughed quite loudly as well as if he was just told the funniest joke in the world. The sleepy coffee shop couldn't help but look at him and Mr. Johnson.

"Haha... you are so serious." Stefan breathed, regaining his composure. "I kid... I kid... don't have to be serious all the time. Hah... Of course I'm willing to hear you out. Its just that you bring me to this sleepy little coffee shop... this.. Cafe Paulo to talk business in such a serious manner. Its funny. I cannot help myself, I apologize."

"As I was saying earlier then, we at Lexington and Teller would like to hire a person of your particular skill set. We are a growing company with a growing set of opportunities. For your involvement with our company, we will fund all your contracts for a simple and small take of the profit. What those contracts are will be disclosed upon accepting of our deal."

"I think Aegis said the same thing..." Stefan pondered before he excused himself. "Sorry, please go on."

"All I need you to do is read this contract and sign the dotted line." Mr. Johnson said as he fetched a clean pen and paper from a briefcase. Stefan glazed over the contract once. In this day and age, Stefan sees this as just a simple formality.

"Mr. Johnson, I've been in this business for some time now and as mercenaries go you will find that I am quite different." Stefan signed his name on the bottom as if he'd done so a hundred times. "While I accept, I hope your prying will let you know that contracts mean nothing to me at this point. I want you to personally assure me that you will keep your word so that I may keep mine. Is that simple enough? A handshake to seal the deal even."

"I give you my word, Stefan." Mr.Johnson smiled his rehearsed smile and put out his hand. Stefan responded in kind and gripped the man's hand. Underneath his leather gloves he tightened his grip. The man nearly yelped in pain.

"And if you or your company fail to keep your "word" then I will not fail to get what I deserve. Do you understand?" Stefan asked, slowly wording out his sentence as Mr. Johnson tried to control his pain.

"Of course, of course." Mr. Johnson nodded quickly and whispered through his gritted teeth. "Please, let go."

"Ah, there we go." Stefan let go of his grip and fetched his wallet. He paid for his own coffee and sipped at the remaining drink as Mr. Johnson rubbed his hand. "Have a good day."

"Hah, You'd like to know, wouldn't you? Hm, am I actually a ghost?"

Terry watched him think for a moment, wondering what the hell happened to him and happily pondering where he'd be going.

"I'm not dead, as far as I know," he finally admitted.

"Though, if you'd like, you can pretend I told you that I was stabbed by some criminals, and chose to stay and mess with them instead of going to heaven. I'm sure that's a more dramatic story; the press would probably love it."

A grin stretched across Terry's face beneath his helmet. Nice to know this guy had a sense of humor. Definitely helped break the ice and any tension Terry had before.

"Anyways, it's a pleasure to meet you, Crick, you can call me The Specter."

"The pleasure's all mine! The Specter..." Terry mulled on the name for a second. It was a fantastic name, simple yet slightly foreboding and mysterious. Terry could see it now, The Crick jumping down from above , The Specter phasing through the wall below. The Crick was ready for some action!

A slight breeze blew by. The two of them just sorta stood there for a few seconds.

"Well...I'm guessing you're on patrol. Wanna, run a quick route together?

Mina

"Look I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got this money of yours to make off with, and I'm sure you've got important business things to get to, like standing in a vault, so I'll be seeing you." This thief may not have been all that smart, but she at least knew what she wanted and had no trouble taking it. Just the kind of person she liked. "You really might want to invest in better employees though, just a tip but only one security guy tried to stop me, and he was a pushover, its just boring really."

"Good advice." Mina said as the woman began to leave. She smiled as she calmly withdrew her hands from her pocket - and with them a small gun. She brought it to bare, and fired... at the hostage. The sound rang out through the vault, covering up the dying groans of the guard. Mina paid it no mind; wiping the gun down with a handkerchief and tossing the gun at the body. "It's such a shame you had to go and drag that poor guard in here... I think his name was Dave. I'll be sure to give his family your best."

Taking off her glasses, she wiped them down with the same handkerchief as she began to speak. "Now that that's taken care of, you're welcome to leave and enjoy your spoils. However, I have a proposal for you; one worth a great deal more than you can carry in that puny briefcase."

Slender Girl

I have a good feeling tonight will be eventful, Ash thought with a smile as she began dressing in her Slender Girl costume. The night was feeling fairly warm, so shorts would do well. Black socks to go under her similarly-colored boots, and that would do for that part of the outfit. Ash paused for a moment after putting her boots on, remembering the more 'traditional' uniform she'd attempted to field right after the press announced her moniker.

I guess it was a good thing that it ripped while I was still in my apartment. No idea how the other heroes manage the spandex.

Shaking it off, Ash then slid on a white sleeveless shirt and grabbed her amber sunglasses to complete the uniform before transforming. Even as the cosmetic changes took shape as always, Ash felt her body loosen to become more flexible again and grinned; she always hated how stiff her civilian form usually was.

But even keeping politeness out of it, I suppose it keeps people off my case well enough.

She had to wonder if 'Frederick' had puzzled out why Ash seemed familiar, but quickly put such thoughts out of her head. After all, she really didn't mind if he knew so long as he didn't try to make anything of it. And besides... Her heartbeat increased as she felt it -- someone would be out tonight, she could just feel it.

With a grin threatening to split her face, Slender Girl headed out on patrol, looking for any criminals to fight as she bounded about in a manner befitting an eldritch figure.

Rias just winked "You'll see" she said and got back on stage, as once again things where ready to go.

Rias apologized to the crowed for the delay, a second time, and began to play, a song that was older then she was. As the bassist, whom she'd introduced earlier as Hector 'Bom' Silverton, took over vocals for this song, Rias started using her powers again and gave every one in the band, even her self, epic, knee length beards, and in Rias case, sunglasses, Rias even let her hair down to really work the 'shaggy' look to the fullest. Hector gave her a pointed look, but didn't stop the song, and a part from the gag of the beards, it was another 'performance' piece this time with her as back up, and show she was interested in doing what was best for the show and song, and not just hog the spot light as Hectors voice was better suited for some of the things ZZ Top was and is known for. After the song Hector just looked at Rias like 'really...?' to which she responded with giving her beard a few thoughtful strokes, before dispelling them.

The next song came without further delay and Rias was back on vocals, and her powers where in full effect for the choruses, bring the lyrics to life as well as singing the song as more a declaration that she 'WILL be sitting on top' if not before things go south, but some day. The next song, Just Like This continued the second half's more 'upbeat' song themeing, her powers where 'silent' for this one, just her on stage rocken out on stage with the band. Just Stop was next, and like the song before, her powers where silent, and the next song Where do we go from here as well.

After which the show seemed to be 'over', with the band walking off stage, Rias, however stayed on stage, though did remove her guitar. While Hector, and the Drummer, Ivaan, headed to the bar to mingle, Rias started the finally.

The lights dimmed again as her powers wrapped around hers and hectors gurtars, and she created 'replacements' of sorts, red stands with arms, for them, and the drum set. There was an odd silence. A few people guessed what she was going to do, while wondering if she could pull it off. Regardless of 'if she could or not' she was going for it, and then the music started with Rias using her powers to play both guitars and the drums as well as the chimes when needed. At first that first that was all she was doing, till the first chorus, and she started using even more of her powers to effectively dance above the crowd while singing the extremely up beat and happy song, while bring some of the lyrics to life, specifically the line about being a 'light in the dark' as she was glowing faintly the whole time. As was the way of things, she made her way back to the stage as the song closed in on ending, and when the song did end, and the lights dropped entirely.

There was a bit a silence, and the lights went up as there was a 'thud' on stage, which was just Rias falling on her ass, clearly drained from doing so much at once, The Silence broke as instead of cheering, she got around of applause. Rias smiled back and waved weakly as she tried to catch her breath.

Jack

For a few minutes, a industrial circular saw was slowly but surely chewing its way through the thick bolts of the safe's door. But then, over the sounds of the grinding, there was the faint noise of police sirens. Jack's shoulder's slumped in disbelief and he lowered his face into the palm of his hand. There was certainly no time to crack it now, as they were closing in.

"Guess I gotta take this to-go," Jack muttered as part of his Shadow transformed from the saw into a chain wrapped several times around the safe. With his Shadow doing most of the work, the masked man dragged the safe into the alley where the sirens could be heard much more clearly. There were even flashes of blue and red from down the street as they approached the café. With the safe behind him, took a wide stance, leaning forward with his arms outstretched as handlebars materialized from his hands. They were almost instantaneously followed by the rest of a motorbike, engine roaring and safe fastened to the back. Jack put his feet on the stirrups and with a firm turn of the twistgrip, the motorcycle sped out of the alley, turning down the street at full throttle. The police were in hot pursuit and beneath the black scarf, Jack was smiling.

Dr. Schwertner

"What is this? Good or bad?"

Perplexed, the scientist looked blankly at Alex. He didn't quite understand how what had happened could be seen as 'good', considering his generator nearly was blown to bits. Though perhaps given the tone in the man's voice and look of concern, it was possible he could be questioning his intentions. But clearly it wasn't any sort of machine of malice. It was merely a generator. Of course, it may not be so easy to tell with how it was constructed, but he couldn't for the life of him see how it could possibly appear as some sort of contraption purposed for evil. Looking from the generator to Alex, he sifted through his English knowledge to try and get the message through. "Good. Device is good. It is power device. For lights. Fans. Need parts. Need power."

Tess

"Now that that's taken care of, you're welcome to leave and enjoy your spoils. However, I have a proposal for you; one worth a great deal more than you can carry in that puny briefcase."

"The fuck lady?!" Tess said, startled by this action. Much as she enjoyed her crime sprees she didn't particularly care for death, and this one will probably get pinned on me...

She glared at Mina for a few moments, a number of thoughts bouncing around in her head, some more coherent than others. She already knew she didn't like this woman, but she was also clearly a wealthy individual and working for her could be quite profitable... but the way she had just gunned down another of her employees, Tess had little doubt she would be considered just as if not even more disposable. She'll find me harder to get rid of though, stupid bitch. Fuck if I refuse she might try to shoot me, and that's never fun, might as well hear the bitch out.

"Alright fine," she said "Lets hear this proposal, but make it quick."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom

Tom applauded as loud as anyone, though he also moved closer to the stage, Rias looked exhausted from her impressive performance and he figured she might want some help. That was awesome! And she looks great with her hair down, he thought, wondering briefly if praising her performance again might come across as a bit much, but deciding to do so anyways. No harm in genuine praise!

"That was amazing Rias!" he said as he got closer, "You really put everything you had into that didn't you? Need a hand up?"

He glanced around behind him for Tim, to see if his doppelganger was also going to congratulate Rias. Now that the music had stopped he might also be able to talk with him, he doubted they were twins but maybe they were cousins or something like that? I mean the records from the adoption agency would definitely show if I had a brother right?

"Good. Device is good. It is power device. For lights. Fans. Need parts. Need power."

Alex mentally kicked himself. He knew it was some sort of generator but what did the man want with that kind of energy? For now, Alex would have to wait and see. He would help the man but only to see what he would do. If the man's intentions weren't good then he would be right there to stop him or so he hoped. Almost anyone could pass for a superhero nowadays or rather villains.

"Okay, okay." Alex said. "Follow me. I know where you can get metal."

Alex led the doctor outside, hoping he would follow and seeing as the doctor had no other choice to get metal, he would have to follow. Alex walked out into the street and unlocked the SUV when it came into sight. Its blinkers answered back in response to Alex when pressed the button to unlock itself. Alex saw the doctor hesitate which was odd despite every single oddity that had been happening so far. He opened the passenger side door for the doctor and then got in.

Alex began driving to the scrapyard of his father's friend. He wanted to interrogate the man more but he felt that he would trouble articulating so he sat in silence instead. To remove some of the awkwardness, Alex put on the radio. At first it was the news that there was a chase downtown and to look out for speeding police cars. A crime was happening but since it wasn't near him then it didn't really matter to Alex. Alex was surprised as the station switched back to playing songs and the very first song was Beethoven Symphony No.9 in its second movement.

Frederick Rolls

"The pleasure's all mine! The Specter..."

Frederick tilted his head, amused by the fact that the other seemed to have trailed off very quickly.

This one's a strange one, alright.

Then again, weren't they all? People with powers certainly seemed to think differently than people without, though, perhaps it was just the impression one got from anyone who would fight or commit crime in a costume. Good thing he was such a reasonable and mature man.

Though I suppose I may be older than a lot of these people. At times it feels like they're all teens.

Who knew, perhaps they were? Slender Girl, if it really had been her, seemed young enough, at least.

"Well...I'm guessing you're on patrol. Wanna, run a quick route together?"

"Hm, do I?" he started, though he chuckled. While he hadn't really been on a patrol, it was a way to spend time. Besides, getting to know another superhero was always useful, he had worked together with Slender Girl a couple of times.

"Sure," he finally replied. "Lead the way, fellow champion of justice." He said the last thing sarcastically, though rather subtly so.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Merridy

Tim was disappointed in that the use of powers hadn't been very malicious, nothing but a child's joke. Still, the show was a good one, and he found himself enjoying it thoroughly.

"That was amazing Rias! You really put everything you had into that didn't you? Need a hand up?"

Tim wasn't as quick as Tom to offer his help this time, though that was merely natural, he was a villain after all. Still, he strolled over there, smile bright and friendly.

"Yeah, it was great, I'm still amazed over what you can do with your powers!" He said, and helped her up as well, though he soon let go, having checked the time. If he wanted to make an appearance as a villain today, he'd have to do it soon, else his only audience would be drunks and other criminals, which was, to be honest, kind of boring. He was still smiling when he excused himself.

"Now, I would love to stay and chat, but I have to go, there's is something I promised someone else to do. I'll see you later--- oh, here," he took his phone out, and handed it to Tom, though gestured towards both.

"It'd be neat if I could have your numbers, you're the only people I know in this city so far, after all."

"Thanks" Rias said offering a hand to Tom as well as Tim so they could help her up and smiled as well as blushed a little as the pair of them complemented her performance "Thanks, It's good you showed up tonight, I don't do the 'one man band' thing much, maybe once a month. To much strain on my powers to wanna do regularly." she said as she found a seat and sat back down. "But when I do, I do leave it all on stage."

It was about then Tim said he needed to leave, and asked for her's and Toms numbers. Rias thought about it a moment, but punched her name and number into his phone. It's no fun not knowing anyone in a town like this after all.

Mina

"Alright fine," she said "Lets hear this proposal, but make it quick."

Mina smiled wider, slipping her hands back into her pockets. "I'm putting together a rather... significant project. A project which requires people with certain skill sets and of... questionable character. Regrettably, as a respectable businesswoman, I can't be seen working with them. That's where I'd like you to come in. I need someone to be my eyes and ears on the street; someone who can direct these individuals to take the more "flashy" actions my project requires." she said, explaining the context.

"You do this, I can pay you a great deal of money; tax free of course." he said with a smile.

"Sure," The Specter finally replied to The Crick's offer. "Lead the way, fellow champion of justice."

Terry chuckled slightly. This guy wasn't what he expected, then again, what was there to expect? A brooding spirit of vengeance? A cartoon-ish character going "boo!" every few seconds? Terry couldn't even really gauged the guy's age.

Terry knew his excitement was getting the best of him, but he just couldn't help it. After months of eyeing costumed vigilantes moving across rooftops or diving into sewers, he'd actually spoken to a fellow hero and they were actually holding a decent conversation. He had reason to be excited.

"Alright, we should probably start by-" Terry stopped mid-sentence, tensing up as a slight ringing and pop filled his ears. He quickly shook it off, walking around the Specter towards the edge of the roof and looking out over the city.

"I don't mean to alarm you, but it seems someone fired a small handgun, possibly 9mm, from inside a metal room. Probably a large safe. A few seconds ago." Terry tensed his core and jumped forward, onto the next building. He quickly looked back at the Specter.

"This is me leading the way!" He called, bounding off with another spring.

Dr. Schwertner

"Follow me. I know where you can get metal."

The doctor hesitated as he approached the automobile. It was unlike any design he had seen before, and large enough to be a armored truck. Of course, it appeared to have been in much greater condition than the trucks he'd seen, about as well-kept as the BMW 315 one of the doctor's former colleagues had cherished almost obsessively. Always complaining about the dirt it would collect each time he made the drive up to the labs. on and on the little man would drone about how little he paid for the car, how pristine the leather interior was kept, how the damned thing glistened in the right light. Vinzenz, for one, was glad the buffoon had disappeared with all of his other subordinates in the accident.

On the inside, it was very spacious and comfortable. Plenty of room to get what he needed. No words were exchanged between the driver and the passenger, which was somewhat of a relief, even as discomforting as it was. It meant no stumbling over words and he wouldn't have to clumsily bound over verbal hurdles in the same fashion that some kind of rubber-legged Olympic athlete would over literal ones. Instead, while the man was messing with the radio, he withdrew his notebook from his pocket and flipped through the pages so he may start looking into what went wrong in the first place. In the background, Vinzenz caught word of something related to the police, probably some criminal activity. It was no concern of his, insignificant in comparison to his work.

The moment the music reached the scientist's ears, Vinzenz was struck with a fond familiarity, something that was unexpected during the brief period he had spent so far in that foreign time. With a single finger raised from his notebook, he reflexively conducted his own imaginary orchestra in the same way that his father did. Then it dawned on his that he hadn't thought about his family, his parents in particular, for a very long time. Given the amount of time that had passed, it was more than likely that they had died years ago. Vinzenz didn't know how to feel about that. Before he could think more deeply on the matter, an imaginary hand cast the thought aside and pushed his work at the front of his mind, but he just couldn't concentrate anymore. He set the journal in his lap and, in an attempt to break the tension, looked at Alex with a friendly smile that he hoped didn't look forced, pointed at the radio, then said with a nod, "Beethoven. Very good."

Tom

Rias extended her hands to him and Tim, and they helped her up. Tim soon announced that he had to leave, but held out his phone to them.

"It'd be neat if I could have your numbers, you're the only people I know in this city so far, after all."

"Yeah sure," Tom replied, quickly entering his number into Tim's contacts then handing back the phone "Send me a text so I can add you as well, and if you ever need help with anything let me know!"

"But when I do, I do leave it all on stage."

"Yeah I could tell you were really giving it your all," Tom replied with a grin "Oh! Do you want to exchange numbers too? It'd be awesome if we could hang out again sometime, and I'd love to see more of your shows."

As he said this he pulled out his own phone and offered it up to Rias, he noted with some amusement that Tim's phone was the same model as his.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"You do this, I can pay you a great deal of money; tax free of course."

Tess mulled this over briefly, aware that the time she had to make her escape was rapidly diminishing. Can't hurt to accept, if I change my mind then I'll just stop doing the work she asks me to.

"Alright, sounds like a deal," she said "How am I going to get in contact with you though? Kinda necessary if you're going to give me jobs, or pay me."

She glanced behind her quickly, making certain there weren't any other employees nearby, or cops for that matter. She felt a brief pang of guilt over the dead man, but quickly pushed it aside. At this rate some hero will interrupt this before we finish. She thought to herself.

Frederick Rolls

"Alright, we should probably start by-"

The other trailed off again, this time seeming more alert. Whatever it was that he had spotted or heard, Frederick didn't know, though the hero informed him quickly enough.

"I don't mean to alarm you, but it seems someone fired a small handgun, possibly 9mm, from inside a metal room. Probably a large safe. A few seconds ago."

"I see," Frederick replied. "We should go check it out." A gun and a safe, a robbery?

No, not this late, sounds more like a failed case of breaking and entering with the intention of stealing something.

Regardless, it required their attention, and the Crick went ahead, jumping onto the next building, before turning back to him.

"This is me leading the way!"

And this is me following.

He joked in his head, as he kept up with the other hero. It wasn't a long distance from there, though it was impressive that the other had heard anything, probably due to super-powers or something like that.

"I'll go ahead," Frederick said as he saw the bank. "I'll scout, make sure there's no one there who might started and shoot a civilian or something like that. Without waiting for a reply, he went ahead, flying directly through the wall, now invisible, and witnessing some of the things that were going on.

"Alright, sounds like a deal. How am I going to get in contact with you though? Kinda necessary if you're going to give me jobs, or pay me."

Two women, one wearing... well, she was definitely some kind of thief--- while the other looked more like she belonged in the bank. They were calm, discussing something, with a dead guard lying on the ground, the murder-weapon -at least it looked like it would be something like a 9mm- lying on top of him. It only took a couple of seconds for Frederick to get back to the Crick.

"There's a dead guard, and what seems to be two villainous women. The gun is on top of the guard, and I couldn't see any other guns. I'm unsure of if either have any powers, but there doesn't seem to be any civilians nearby, so you can go ahead."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Merridy

"Thanks, It's good you showed up tonight, I don't do the 'one man band' thing much, maybe once a month. To much strain on my powers to wanna do regularly. But when I do, I do leave it all on stage."

"That's understandable, it looked awesome, though!" Tim replied, as he watched her dial her number, and save it, then Tom do the same thing right afterwards. He checked the time as if he was in a hurry -though, he hadn't actually promised anyone to be anywhere, that was all a part of his devious plan- and grinned when he got the phone back.

"Send me a text so I can add you as well, and if you ever need help with anything let me know!"

"Will do! I'll send you both a message later, when I have the time! I'll see you around, though, thanks!"

If nothing else, there are some decent people in this city, though it'd be more fun if they had powers. That's not important now, though, now it's a time for a showdown.

He left the club, and, after walking for a while, he entered an alleyway. There, after making sure there was no one around, he started using his powers, pitch-black goo covering his whole body, and moulding itself into a suit of armor of kind, large, spikey, and terrifying, it was the perfect villainous outfit, as well as giving his muscles the boost to cause real destruction. He started laughing when it was done, as he entered the streets again, this time to introduce the super villain known as Lord Magnificent!

Slender Girl

Such a nice night for a patrol, Slender Girl thought to herself, grin ever-present as she bounded upon the rooftops of Neutropolis -- no gunshots in audible range. The moon was out, not a cloud in the sky... and no one around quite yet for her to intervene upon.

He started laughing when it was done, as he entered the streets again, this time to introduce the super villain known as Lord Magnificent!

Slender Girl's grin grew, hearing the evil laughter. Wonder who this might be? Quietly, she crept around, outside of what she guessed was the blob-man's sight, and began laughing.

"Hehehehe..."

Snaking down into the shadows, Ash began descending to its height, until she got behind it.

"Hehehey there," Slender Girl began in a dissonant lilt. "What are you up to?" Her grin threatened to split her face -- this was either a rival 'hero' or... one hell of a good time. Slender Girl's claws popped out somewhat, open hands revealing the short (for now) armament.

"Beethoven. Very good."

Alex looked at the man and saw him pointing to the radio. Alex nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"Yes, very very good." Alex said as he turned the corner. Down the street was Oleg's scrapyard which was average-sized as scrapyards go. Oleg served with Alex's father in Chechnya and while Oleg lost an arm, his father had the worse of it. He parked some distance away from the scrapyard and shut the engine off. Oleg would usually be out and about at this time of day but it wouldn't hurt to check.

"Wait here." Alex said as he left the car first. He approached the gate of the scrapyard and carefully pushed it open. The trailer that was Oleg's office had no light on inside which usually meant that he wasn't it but that didn't solve the problem of the dog. A fierce German Sheppard guarded the scrapyard but luckily for Alex, the old girl approached him with tongue wagging.

"Hello Tatiana..." Alex said as he rubbed the dog's ear and head. "I have a guest today so hurt him, alright?"

The dog responded by licking his hand so he got the dog by the collar and tied her to the post to be safe. If the dog would bark, Alex would be there to calm her down at least.

Alex returned to the car and turned on the engine again. "Everything okay. Do not touch dog. German Sheppard and very wild." Alex said as he turned the car around and backed it up into the scrapyard. Tatiana paced nervously around the post she was tied to. When he was close enough to the metal pile he closed the engine once more and unlocked the rear door.

"Be calm." Alex warned once more. "Do not go near dog. I will calm dog. You will get metal, okay?"

Alex took the keys and got out of the car. He went to Tatiana and grabbed the rope that held the dog to the pole. With one hand, he signaled to the man. Hopefully he wasn't afraid of one dog.

"There's a dead guard, and what seems to be two villainous women. The gun is on top of the guard, and I couldn't see any other guns. I'm unsure of if either have any powers, but there doesn't seem to be any civilians nearby, so you can go ahead." The Specter relayed to The Crick.

"Thanks for the heads up" The Crick replied. He was usually wary when it came to dealing with thieves he couldn't see, but the Specter's scouting just saved Terry a whole lot of trouble. Having a ghost on your side sure comes in handy, Terry thought.

"I can still hear some panicked breathing, probably employees and a few civilians in the main in the lobby. I'll get them out of their and book it to the safe. Cover me and we'll be done with this in no time."

The Crick jumped down to the main entrance and quickly through the front door. A number of civilians jumped at The Crick's sudden appearance while a few softened. He quickly noticed a teller hunched over the counter and a guard lying on the ground. It was time to take control of the situation.

"Everyone remain calm and do as I say, I'm here to help. I'm gonna need you all to get at least 100 feet away from this building." The Crick was briskly making his way down the hall. He stopped at the guard, quickly checking his pulse. Breathing but slightly bruised. There were lacerations around both his wrists.

"Someone help that guard out of here-oh, but mind his wrists. And I'm gonna need the rest of you tellers to help your friend out. He has a broken nose and..." The Crick trailed off. He stared at the counter, noting a slight crack in the marble.

This person wasn't just rough, they were pretty damn strong. Hopefully this wouldn't end with too much of a mess. The people filed out soon enough, leaving the Crick alone in the bank. He bounded down the hall and towards the safe, stopping outside. He peaked in, noticing two women staring at each other, the one in the domino mask he semi recognized small news reports. Pretty strong and pretty fast, basic superhuman as far as the media could tell.

The woman in the suit smirked, noticing at the Crick. She was seemingly unworried. The woman in the domino mask on the other hand turned back sharply. Terry waltzed in.

"Good evening ladies let's get to the point. I'm sort of confused here. I mean, it's pretty obvious what you're doing here." The Crick said to the domino masked woman. "You're doing the whole give-me-all-your-money-and-a-free-sundae thing, so I'm assuming this is some type of negotiation."

The crick casually walked over to the dead guard and looked down. He shook his head and looked up at Domino.

"But I don't think you carry a gun. So either there's another person in this room or the lady in the nice suit killed one of her gaurds, so I'm gonna make this simple. I'm gonna need both of you to get on the ground, put your hands behind your heads, and we're all wait for the cops to arrive. Deal?"

Terry's stun baton sizzled slightly. It was never that easy, but hey, a man can dream.

Rias punched her number into Tom's phone as well. "Long as you don't get all 'stalkerish' on me I don't see why we can't hang out some time." She said as he handed the phone back to Tim and just sat there resting a bit "As for me shows, same time every Sunday, though the songs won't be the same next week, I won't know what songs I'll be singing next week till Saturday night or Sunday, keeps the crowds on their toes" she said with a grin.

Frederick Rolls

"Thanks for the heads up. I can still hear some panicked breathing, probably employees and a few civilians in the main in the lobby. I'll get them out of their and book it to the safe. Cover me and we'll be done with this in no time."

"Right." Frederick hadn't considered the civilians in the other rooms of the bank, perhaps silly, but for someone who could pass through walls, it was a simple mistake. So he told himself, anyways, there was a reason he was a judge and not an investigator -though he'd certainly done enough investigating as the specter- and he settled for following someone elses lead now.

"Good evening ladies let's get to the point. I'm sort of confused here. I mean, it's pretty obvious what you're doing here. You're doing the whole give-me-all-your-money-and-a-free-sundae thing, so I'm assuming this is some type of negotiation. But I don't think you carry a gun. So either there's another person in this room or the lady in the nice suit killed one of her gaurds, so I'm gonna make this simple. I'm gonna need both of you to get on the ground, put your hands behind your heads, and we're all wait for the cops to arrive. Deal?"

Frederick had simply followed the Crick in, still keeping himself hidden. He didn't speak either, though he kept in mind what he saw, and stayed alert, if either of the two women did anything -he still thought they were both behind this- he'd act. Part of him hoped this wouldn't take too long, he still had Sofia to return to, his sister wasn't exactly the patient type when it came to him disappearing all of a sudden, but then again, neither was he.

Tim Merridy

"Hehehey there. What are you up to?"

Tim was surprised to see someone else so quickly, right after he had left the alley even, clearly super-powered people were more adept in this place! At first, he thought about leaving her be for now, run ahead so that he could start wrecking stuff. However, he didn't know if this one was a hero or a villain -she certainly looked like the latter, though, grinning wider than even he did- and, in order to bring attention to himself, he laughed, and evil and eager laughter.

"Muahahaha! I'm up to no good, of course!" he yelled, and kicked a nearby car. There was no people in it, but the car alarm and the sound of him kicking it made it so that people did appear, curious crowds.

"Lord Magnificent is what they call me!" He walked closer to some of the people there, they were scared, of course they were. Even if they had seen villains before, he was by far more frightening, a dark, evil knight standing at almost 7 feet. Some of his spikes grew longer, and a lance of sorts appeared in his hand, as he turned back to the creepy-looking woman.

"So, what are you waiting for?! Are you going to challenge me or join me?!"

Either way, I imagine this will be fun.

Tom

"Long as you don't get all 'stalkerish' on me I don't see why we can't hang out some time. As for me shows, same time every Sunday, though the songs won't be the same next week, I won't know what songs I'll be singing next week till Saturday night or Sunday, keeps the crowds on their toes"

"That's fine, I don't mind surprises, hopefully I'll be able to drop by next week, my schedule's kind of a mess though so I can't make any promises," Tom replied, then joked "I wouldn't have time to be a stalker even if I wanted to anyways, between college and my jobs I'm pretty strapped for free time."

He grinned, making it obvious this was a joke.

"Anyways what do you do for fun other than sing?" he asked curiously, sitting down next to her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"But I don't think you carry a gun. So either there's another person in this room or the lady in the nice suit killed one of her guards, so I'm gonna make this simple. I'm gonna need both of you to get on the ground, put your hands behind your heads, and we're all wait for the cops to arrive. Deal?"

Oh excellent, I knew this was taking too long. Do gooders always have the worst sense of timing. She smiled sweetly at the hero, big man running around in your robot suit.

"Get on the ground? Well that's awfully forward of you, we just met after all," she replied flirtatiously "Besides I prefer to be on top."

As she spoke the rope she had tensed up inside the bag it was in, ready to leap into action at a moments notice. Hopefully that wouldn't prove necessary though, she wasn't certain but she felt like she'd seen him before on the news. The cricket or something like that, he seemed like a pretty basic do gooder to her and would hopefully be easy enough to manipulate and catch off guard. All I need is to get away, if Ms. Moneybags wants to try and get in touch afterwards I'm sure she has the resources.

She strode forward confidently, still smiling at him "Surely we can come to some sort of arrangement?"

She considered her options carefully, ideally she could catch him off guard and dart past but failing that snatching the gun with the rope could work well. Would also put more suspicion on me for the killing though. Or she could just have it wrap around his helmet to blind him.

Mina

Mina was going to respond when she heard the ruckus in the bank proper. Either the police or some of those masked heroes were making their move. Time was now up. Still, it was fine. They'd reached an agreement; all she needed to do was keep her end of it. A moment later, a person rounded the vault's doorway. "Masked hero it is".

"Good evening ladies let's get to the point. I'm sort of confused here. I mean, it's pretty obvious what you're doing here. You're doing the whole give-me-all-your-money-and-a-free-sundae thing, so I'm assuming this is some type of negotiation. But I don't think you carry a gun. So either there's another person in this room or the lady in the nice suit killed one of her gaurds, so I'm gonna make this simple. I'm gonna need both of you to get on the ground, put your hands behind your heads, and we're all wait for the cops to arrive. Deal?"

Mina continued to smirk as she replied "deal; but you're paying for the suit damages When I'm cleared of charges."; raising her hands above her head but waiting for the hero - The Crick if her memory served - to confirm before she got on the ground. All the while she couldn't help but think how well this suited her plans and how nostalgic she felt for the halcyon days when she made such simple plays at being a hero. She was such a fool in those days.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked