Adventurers of the Inquisition: A Dragon Age RP (started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 21 NEXT

"Now why could you possibly be here?"

"To help!" Jarrett's enthusiasm wasn't being held beck, perhaps unnoticed because of Von's bitterness enveloping himself.

"Hmph. To scold me, to possibly even threaten me? This group is just full of supporting members."

"If that's what'd be needed, of course! What lengths wouldn't we go to support someone?" Though his volume began to lower slightly, it would be untrue to say Jarrett was any less focused. If anything, Jarrett sounded like a family member coddling him.

"Arg, fucking voice. I'll tell you what, this may sound insane. I am plagued ... Plagued by a horrendous mental voice. It sneers and insults to torment. Even worse, I feel it trying to control me, both physically and mentally."

"Oh, so that's it?" Jarrett's attitude began to shift to one of investigation while still retaining some of the friendly mannerisms he had before.

"Worst of all, it lives off Lyrium. To which I'm addicted to, and finally, can't do my job without. Ah, Maker plow me, for I have purposefully become a burden to this group!"

Listening carefully to Von's words, Jarrett pitied von and the tragic burden he held. But it was Von's last few words that interested him particularly. He had to hold back a chuckle lest he imply an unfortunate reason as to why he would as opposed to the truth.

"Arg, fuck, sorry, is this what being an aggressive arse feels like?! Terrible ... Ah, I need a damn drink. Or more accurately ... Darkspawn to kill."

"Listen, hold onto that feeling for a bit, okay?" Showing normal amounts of concern he moved closer to Von and placed his hand on Von's right shoulder. "Just stick with me for a bit and we'll get this shit sorted out." Patting Von on the back briefly he moved past Von, with his back to him, he spoke up before continuing. "There's a pit leading to who knows what darkspawn hive, and I'm taking the plunge. Wanna come with?" Hopefully he and possibly Von would be able to get there before being noticed by everyone else, but that wouldn't be a terrible outcome to Jarrett.

Berund had remained close to Jarrett as he approached Von, though maintaining a bit of distance to give the man some likely needed space. He listened with concern as the Templar revealed he was troubled by his own variety of demon. One that was fueled by his addiction and was evidently wresting control from him. The dwarf shook his head in pity.

"Ah, I need a damn drink. Or more accurately ... Darkspawn to kill."

The former Legionnaire's ears perked up at that. Careful what you wish for, lad, the dwarf thought gravely. There was a forceful throb in his skull and he winced in pain. From within the darkness of his eyelids flesh-rending claws lashed out at him as he heard the shrill cry of a Shriek. He opened his eyes again and the screeching was nothing more than a distant echo. He traced the scar running from his brow to his cheek before swiftly dropping his hand to his side.

It was a habit Berund thought he'd been rid of. He thought the same of the mild burning along the marred flesh that he hadn't felt in years. History was catching up to him far more quickly than he'd ever imagined it could...

After his last line, Von took time to breath more, cycling his thoughts, reminding himself why he is there and what can make everything better. The Inquisition, redemption, and even a forgotten love, these were thoughts that started to melt back into Von's mind once more.

Even then that presence lurked, further, but still there. (Funnily enough, I actually like this guy ... Somewhat. I mean he looks like he can sneak a dagger into someone's back without them twitching or batting an eye.) The other Von's voice echoed, even then Von gave a little bit of a smile. Surprised with what he just did, he resumed his deadpan face.

"Listen, hold onto that feeling for a bit, okay? Just stick with me for a bit and we'll get this shit sorted out."

Taking a large breath once more, Von made a gesture of his hands, opening up and giving a soft breath. "I'm better ... Better, I think." He admitted, yet he was intrigued by what Jarrett offered. "Any help would be appreciated, but I'm sure, I know it right here ..." Von tapped his chest with a fist. " ... That I have to give up Lyrium, but I don't think there are even records of Templars shaking free of it." He said with a reluctant smile, the tone seemed to leak of hopelessness.

(Not if I can help it.) A soft chuckle leaked from the Templar's mouth. "One step at a time, eh?"

"There's a pit leading to who knows what darkspawn hive, and I'm taking the plunge. Wanna come with?"

"Of course, I intend to standby what I said. I mean after all, the group needs to go down there, one way or the other. So lead the way ..." Von said, gesturing to Jarrett to lead the way, but the Templar fidgeted. "Still, thank you for that." He awkwardly said, immediately focusing on the path ahead of the two.

Once again, he could hear that small voice.
(Yes, finally. Some action!)

Ash, Kari, and Nola soon found Calien again, who greeted them with a weary smile. He began rolling up the map he had open while they approached.

"Ah you found them, good," he said "did you two find anything useful? Actually you can tell me while we head to Jarrett's find."

They began to walk in the general direction of Jarrett's earlier discovery, and along the way Calien began to speak, lowering his voice to hushed tones whenever they drew too near to a worker.

"So we need access to the Thaig, see what the problem is, and Volshen won't budge unless we find leverage on him, so that means we need a deep roads entrance," he said "hopefully Jarrett's works, if not we'll need to find another. Worst case scenario we go to Vigil's keep, it has an old entrance deep beneath it, but it'd be quite a hike underground from there to here."

He fell silent briefly as a dwarven foreman meandered past, or stumbled rather, seeming to be deep in his cups. Once the dwarf was safely out of range of hearing (though unfortunately not of smell) he continued.

"Deep roads are dangerous, and I don't know much about navigating them so if any of you have suggestions I'm all ears," he said "with any luck the thaig won't be far from Jarrett's entrance."

They reached the hole to find Von, Jarrett, and Berund already gathered there, it looked as though it might have widened slightly since Jarrett had last discovered it. No doubt some poor animal had fallen through, but at any rate it looked wide enough now to accommodate any of them, though it would make a tight squeeze for the Qunari of the group. Strange noises could bow be heard echoing up from below, too indistinct to make out from above but seeming to follow a pattern with measured periods of silence between them. How deep it went was difficult to judge as well, as the shaft seemed to go at an angle in places preventing sunlight from reaching the bottom.

"Ah good to see we all made it," Calien said, pausing to examine Von somewhat worriedly then shaking his head and continuing to speak "quite a hole you've found Jarrett."

Frowning he turned to Nola and Berund "I hate to ask just because you're dwarves, but I don't suppose either of you have any idea how to explore something like this?" he said "Maker knows Antiva didn't exactly have a lot of holes to dive into, well not of this sort anyways."

"I hate to ask just because you're dwarves, but I don't suppose either of you have any idea how to explore something like this?" Calien said. "Maker knows Antiva didn't exactly have a lot of holes to dive into, well not of this sort anyways."

Berund chuckled a bit at Calien's joke. It was a relief that the dwarf's sense of humor hadn't escaped him just yet, a nerve-wracked as he was. Though he felt it wouldn't remain with him for much longer. The former Legionnaire stepped forward to answer the man's question. "I've spent years in the 'Roads. An' though it's been years since, I'm sure I can sense the Stone still. I'll be the eyes an' ears at the fore. We'll need a good set of eyes an' ears in the aft. We're gonna hafta keep the group knit closely. Don't want any of us lookin' like a straggler. I've seen the lot of ye fend fer yerselves, but that counts for little when you're surrounded by shrieks in their element. Just keep yer wits about ye and ye'll make it out in one piece. More or less."

As Ash lead them back to Cailen, Kari managed to at least get her anger in check, if nothing more. Nodding to the Antivan, she fell in step behind him as they went to get the others.

"Ah you found them, good, did you two find anything useful? Actually you can tell me while we head to Jarrett's find."

"Kinda, but the Inquisition doesn't have anywhere near deep enough coffers to make me go that way." She said, shaking her head. All that raw lyrium on the other side of the door had been enough to make her skin itch, she could only imagine how Ash must've felt. Listening to Cailen talk about Jarrett's (possible) way in, her mood improved a tiny bit; anything had to be better than dealing with raw lyrium or that dwarf noble.

"Ah good to see we all made it, quite a hole you've found Jarrett."

Reaching the others, a look of contempt flashed across her face as she spied Von, though she quelled that quickly. Instead she opted to look through him, like he was little more than animated furniture...it was either that or give in to her more visceral desire to lay him out with a right hook to the temple. Mostly she just kept her mouth shut while the others went about figuring out the best way to get down the hole, thought it looked like it'd be a pretty tight fit for her and Ash; fortunately Berund seemed to have experience in the Deep Roads. "Whatever we're gonna do, we should do it sharp-ish. The longer we fuck about here, the greater the chance that fat fuck will catch wind and come piss on our plans."

The Templar, Von, was standing to the side of the group, trying to keep a large distance, yet the closest person he was near, was Jarrett, as the elf had gained some of his trust. Yet his deadpan faced seemed much more natural than the look he had a while ago. His figure and notions were much more responsive, as he nodded to much of what Calien and Berund had to say, pushing all of that information to the front of his mind.

("You can tell, right? The looks that fall upon the outcast.") That voice called, forcing Von to grind his teeth, but he came upon the Inquisition Recruiter examining him and shaking his head. Von only raised his brow and gave a unworried shrug. Internally he knew what to do, something to improve his reputation, yet stay away from Lyrium. High goals for an insane Templar who had another voice within him, and eager to take over.

"Whatever we're gonna do, we should do it sharp-ish. The longer we fuck about here, the greater the chance that fat fuck will catch wind and come piss on our plans."

"I concur." Von's voice seemed to echo through the group. Walking up to the hole, the Templar dropped a random stone, listening to how far it will drop. A sudden thud had Von nod his head. "Hmm, can't simply jump in, and a rope would take too much time." He mumbled to himself, kneeling near the hole. Clapping his hands together, the Templar seemed to mutter a prayer before pulling out and lighting a lantern. "No time like the present." Once again he told himself.

Drooping himself over the hole, Von dared to start climbing down the hole. ("Who will you trust your back to? I'm always here ....") The voice called again, trailing off into the beyond of his mind, yet the presence always lingered. Von took that as a challenge, and a small smirk shined on his face.

As Berund, Von and himself arrived at the hole, it had noticeably grown since he was last here. The thought of how the hole grew was more discomforting than the noises heard from it. Inspecting it themselves didn't last long as Calien and the other soon arrived.

"quite a hole you've found Jarrett."

"Thanks, but mostly luck," he said trying to be modest. He was somewhat worried at them finding what he was doing but it seemed that everyone was on board with the idea. Their reactions to Von as far as he could immediately tell was also calmer.

"Whatever we're gonna do, we should do it sharp-ish. The longer we fuck about here, the greater the chance that fat fuck will catch wind and come piss on our plans."

"Too right. Calien I suggest you either come with us or have a spat with Volshen and run off. Either way'll make it look like we disappeared. Though Only one comes with an extra set of hands against darkspawn." To his surprise he felt guilty for trying to influence Calien into coming with them, a feeling he tried to ignore by repeating his last sentence.

"No time like the present."

With Von beginning to climb down, Jarrett focused to face any opposition and climbed down. "We're going deep and we're going hard."

Ashtalan lead the way, quietly. Neither of the other seemed to have much to say, and Ash sort of enjoyed just walking there with them. It helped him feel better, calmer, think about what had happened in a different light. Of course, it also reminded him that he missed someone

"Ah you found them, good, did you two find anything useful? Actually you can tell me while we head to Jarrett's find."

"Kinda, but the Inquisition doesn't have anywhere near deep enough coffers to make me go that way."

"Yeah... there's far too much lyrium in the air, very dangerous," Ash chimed in. "I think Jarrett's and Berund's route might be the better one. If not just breaking that golem and be done with this, but I don't think we're united enough for combat at the moment." After that, he went quiet, and let Calien take them to the others. Why they had decided to leave when Calien had requested for everyone to gather was puzzling, but Ash had a feeling that trying to figure out how people thought was going to give him a headache.

"I hate to ask just because you're dwarves, but I don't suppose either of you have any idea how to explore something like this? Maker knows Antiva didn't exactly have a lot of holes to dive into, well not of this sort anyways."

Ash snickered, and he wasn't the only one to find the innuendo amusing, Berund chuckled as well. Following that, the dwarf then continued by sharing some knowledge from his experience.

"I've spent years in the 'Roads. An' though it's been years since, I'm sure I can sense the Stone still. I'll be the eyes an' ears at the fore. We'll need a good set of eyes an' ears in the aft. We're gonna hafta keep the group knit closely. Don't want any of us lookin' like a straggler. I've seen the lot of ye fend fer yerselves, but that counts for little when you're surrounded by shrieks in their element. Just keep yer wits about ye and ye'll make it out in one piece. More or less."

So that means I can't keep to the back.

Ash sighed. He didn't trust his own eyes or ears enough to be a scout of any kind -especially not with the influence of the demon and the nightmares- but he preferred to keep to the back, both to pick up items for

"Too right. Calien I suggest you either come with us or have a spat with Volshen and run off. Either way'll make it look like we disappeared. Though Only one comes with an extra set of hands against darkspawn."

"Wait, Calien was planning on not going?" Ash asked, tilting his head, and looking at Calien. "Well, it's up to you, I suppose," he muttered. Ash had to admit that he'd rather not have Calien leave, not only because Von was acting as he was, nor because Calien was the one supposed to be leading them, but because the other had the authority to end discussions, should more arise. Given that Ash was tired, that would be comforting.

In the meanwhile of Ash asking about this, Von had already gone into the hole, and Jarrett was followed spouting what Ash assumed to be a sex joke.

"We're going deep and we're going hard."

This hole sure brought that one out in people.

Not that he minded, Ash liked that kind of humour.

"Good thing I'm used to fitting into tight holes,"

Ash replied in kind, grinning, and waited until Jarrett had gone down far enough for him to fit next. Then he followed, the walls pressed against his shoulders. He had foreseen that it would be a bit of a tight squeeze, but he pointed them inwards as best he could, and continued downwards with perhaps surprisingly little difficulty. Ash had crawled into tight spaces since he was a child, hiding under an upturned root or behind a rock. Once, he had gotten so drunk that he had hid inside a cupboard because he thought he saw another mage.

It's odd to think I was ever afraid of them. I really misunderstood their role in all of this, huh.

Templars, however, those he feared he might have gotten right. While he was hesitant to follow that quickly behind Von, at least Jarrett was there.

Perhaps Von is feeling better... but he still doesn't like me.

Ash frowned to himself, it was no use thinking about. Either something would happen, or it wouldn't. Besides, Ash would be busy trying to dodge lyrium veins either way. And, who knew, if he was quick about it, perhaps he could still get ingredients. He hoped so, getting the chance to gather components he had never seen in their natural terrain would be amazing.

"I hate to ask just because you're dwarves, but I don't suppose either of you have any idea how to explore something like this? Maker knows Antiva didn't exactly have a lot of holes to dive into, well not of this sort anyways."

Nola crossed her arms as she snorted at Caliens remark. She stepped closer to the hole and peered into the dark, trying to pin point the sound emanating from further down.

"Yeah some, I mostly stumbled from Orazammar to the surface though." She jerked her head towards Berund. "He's probably got more experience though, so I'm gonna stick with his plan. I'll take the back of the group." She shook her head. "Ancestor's know I've been begging for a good cave since I got to the surface, didn't think my first chance would be wandering back through the Deep Roads." She said shrugging her shoulders. She turned and began her own descent not far behind the others.

It seemed that, regardless of what Berund had said, the others had seemed keen on taking the initiative and delved into the cavern before he could. "I mightn't be the first, but I won't be the last," the dwarf said with a chuckle as he clambered into the hole before Calien. The sounds of the toiling dwarves above gave way to the sounds of shifting dust and echoes below. The light of the sun was reduced to a narrow shaft. Thankfully Von's lantern provided a decent amount of light. Giving a gracious nod to the Templar, he walked past and into the tunnel where he sensed the source of the strange sounds. "The veins beat loudest in the heart of the Stone," he softly muttered to himself. He turned to the others and pointed into the dark passage. "We need to go deeper. So that's where we'll go."

Slowly the group made its way down the twisting shaft, which seemed to turn harshly at strange intervals and remained steep and slick with moisture throughout. In places crude handholds had been carved or scratched out, seemingly by claws rather than tools. Disturbing noises continued to echo up as they moved down, the sounds of battle on repeat, clashing blades and dying screams, guttural howls of monstrous creatures. Finally after what felt like an eternity of descending through the cramped dark tunnel they emerged into an empty hall.

It was a slight drop from the tunnel's exit to the floor of the cavern, which appeared to be a large hall of some sort. Perhaps it had once been a highway of the Deep Roads admitting trade into and out of the Thaig, but now it was nothing more than a rubble strewn and barren tunnel. There had once been a battle here, centuries ago, but now little evidence remained save a few shattered and rusted blades and well picked over bones amidst the disgusting growths the darkspawn taint left along the walls and floor of the cavern.

"Stay close everyone," Calien said "We shouldn't be too far from the thaig, keep an eye out."

Suddenly ghostly figures of pale blue light emerged all around them, images of dwarves and genlocks that immediately clashed. All at once a battle centuries old was raging all around them, giving source to sounds that had become familiar over the course of the descent. Then just as suddenly as it started the battle ended, the last dwarves collapsing on the floor and the remaining darkspawn running off into the dark tunnels. The figures faded back into nothing and the cavern was still once more.

"Maker what was that," Calien said, fingers clenched tight on the hilt of his sword "I'd heard dwarves say the stone has a memory, but I never imagined..."

He shook his head "Well as long as they keep to being memories they can't hurt us, right?"

He began to move once more as the group spread out when more noises were heard, unsettling screams carrying down the long tunnel.

"What is that, the memory?" Calien said, drawing his sword and glancing around, finding no sign of the ghostly figures he swallowed "get ready!"

He could say no more before the darkspawn were on the group, twisted creatures with too long limbs ending in sharp claws darted out of the shadows letting out disorienting and frightful shrieks. And in the distance behind them the shuffling of feet and monstrous noises could be heard as a pack of genlocks followed close behind their scouts.

Ashtalan hadn't expected the tunnels to be so... dark. Foolish, perhaps, but he was used to caverns where light seeped in from the smallest cracks. Here, however, there was very little light. It wasn't the darkness in itself that made him panic, but the fact that he could no longer see the expressions on the other people's faces. That meant he couldn't tell from their reactions whether what he heard and saw was real, or if it was the influence from the current area. His staff lit up a little of the way as he held it, made it possible to run it along the walls to look for mushrooms and other plants that might have lived this far under the earth. He had even picked some, but after the drop, it was suddenly barren. Large halls with remains of battle.

I wonder if we'll find more.

Of course, it was only a distraction. It was unsettling, he heard growls and saw taint on the walls, unsure of whether it was real or not. He wanted to ask someone, but it was probably not a good idea, if they thought he was as insane as Von, what would happen? Would he get sent home? Ash sort of wanted to be sent home, he actually did, but what would the others do without someone who could heal? Or without their mage? As he saw the display of ghostlike creatures, dwarves and darkspawn, fighting a battle, he stepped closer to whoever was on his left. It looked like Calien, and he tried to make out expressions of surprise or fear in the Antivian's features.

Can the others see that? Is it just me? I thought... I thought it wouldn't take this long for it to be this vivid. Not yet. And there's darkspawn too.

He had heard bits and pieces, of course he had. That much always followed, as did waking up covered in sweat every now and then. However, was this actually happening? It wasn't frightening, odd, but almost mesmerizing, as if he was seeing something from another time.

"Maker what was that. I'd heard dwarves say the stone has a memory, but I never imagined... Well as long as they keep to being memories they can't hurt us, right?"

So it's not just me.

Ash took a breath of relief, it was unsettling not being able to tell. It reminded him of when he travelled alone, unsure of what to make of anything.

The memory of the stone, though. That's interesting.

It was encouraging that for once; the weird vision was actually a weird vision and that he could still be surprised and impressed by something like this. Of course, if there was going to be more "memories" like this, he really needed to make sure that he could tell who that was. At first, he considered telling Kari, but he wasn't sure she would be as willing to help, not when he had said he could deal with it on his own.

"Calien, could I tell you something? I---" Ash stopped, the sound of another wave of darkspawn filled the tunnel. This time they weren't ghost-like, and he stopped in his tracks, unsure of whether to attack.

"get ready!"

Got it.

Ash raised his staff and prepared to use it to attack, the moment he saw them, he would release a mix of electricity and fire, one as a ball and the other as a storm.

Following Von's light, Kari picked her way through the tunnel carefully; at who, or what, ever carved it had made the passage big enough for her to fit...kind of. "Maker damned rat holes..." She muttered. "I should've just sucked it up and stayed in Val Royeaux."

"Stay close everyone, we shouldn't be too far from the thaig, keep an eye out."

Replying with a nod, she readied herself as the group moved into the ancient battlefield. The sudden sounds of battle erupted around her, her reflexes reacting in an instant, the tip of her blade immediately driving through the face of a charging darkspawn...only to bite nothing but air. Before she could comprehend what had happened, the ghostly clash had faded away. "Andraste's Tits! What the hell..."

"Maker what was that, I'd heard dwarves say the stone has a memory, but I never imagined..."

She was just starting to get over the shock of the ghostly 'battle', when an all too real shriek echoed through the cavern. "There they are..." She muttered with an utter lack of humour.

"Get ready!"

As the foul creatures came shrieking out of the dark, Kari met them with an echoing war cry of her own. Her blade whipped in a savage up thrust that caught a darkspawn in the chest, sending it sprawling to a pool of its own gore as little arcs of electricity danced across its skin. Fighting from an invisible 'center' mark, Kari slashed, chopped, stabbed and parried any of the beasts that tried to reach past her. Within moments, she'd killed at least three outright, and left several other wounded and staggering as the lightning from her runic blade coursed through their corrupted bodies.

Going down the unknown path and emerging with relative ease, Jarrett was unsurprised, unafraid and unimpressed despite never having gone to the abandoned deep roads before. The pale figures rattled Jarrett little more than the common thug, and he considered the situation similarly. "Either they'll engage us or continue their business." He muttered quietly, his nerves somewhat raised and not wanting their attention.

"Maker what was that. I'd heard dwarves say the stone has a memory, but I never imagined... Well as long as they keep to being memories they can't hurt us, right?"

"Not worth the fuss." Despite the statement Jarrett felt to what he could best describe to himself as amused. Dwarven history was as about as irrelevant to his life as possible and to be introduced to it in such a fashion was a bizarre feeling.

He perhaps should've listened to what he had just said as the shriek of actual darkspawn caught him off guard. Evidently it was too much to expect a little breathing room. "No chit-chat, tactics only!" If there was one thing he knew about the deep roads it was too keep your mouth shut there. The tales of darkspawn blood were all to known to him, a poison so disgusting even he wouldn't use it. With the wave of enemies fast approaching Jarrett threw hidden blades at the first he saw, before rushing down and violently backstabbing the next.

Nola watched from the back of the group as the Stone's Memories seeped into the living world. She couldn't quite place what, but despite the battle that had returned so many of her kin to the stone, there was something beautiful about their ghostly glow. Perhaps it was because the memory came from the Stone, and not some magic on the surface. These weren't demons, or a Drake, or the twisted creatures the demons had taken as thralls.

"Well as long as they keep to being memories they can't hurt us, right?"

"Wouldn't be too sure of that, I've heard that sometimes The Stone protects it's Sacred Halls. I Wouldn't touch anything that looks important." She said, keeping her voice low. She didn't want to draw... Her thoughts were interrupted by the Primal roars and inhuman screams of the Darkspawn.

Nola felt a scowl form behind her helmet. Took 'em long enough. She thought drawing her shield. She didn't feel the same fear and panic she had felt with the Archdemon. Now she felt the anger every dwarf felt when the Darkspawn forced their way into their mind. Fury and pride swelled. She wasn't gonna let these monsters take any more of the Deep Roads. She pulled up the face plate of her helmet enough to put the horn to her lips and blew, a deep call echoing through the tunnel, spurring her allies to fight harder and smarter. [1]

She let the horn fall to her side again, her blade ringing as she pulled it from her hip. She knocked one of the corrupted blades aside with her shield as the vile creature brought it down, her blade sinking into it's chest a moment later. She pushed it off with her shield and faced the Genlock behind it.

[1] Horn of Valor Activated

Along the trip in the tunnel, Von kept quiet, focusing his gaze upon his flicker flame, making sure that it won't go out. For if it does, the shadows will claim them, and he had heard in Kirkwall, that shadows hold the worst for all. Yet the Templar could not hold all of his focus on that flame, for he still could hear the dark grumblings in the back of his mind. Holding back the urge to grind his teeth, Von pushed onward, giving a short smile to Berund who nodded in thanks. Luckily enough, the group arrived at their destination.

The Deep Roads were something of legend to the Templar, yet unlike the tales, there was no romance here, only fear. When the pale ghosts appeared, Von almost reached for his dagger, yet only blew out his flame, allowing the spiritual light to guide the way. It wasn't romantic, but it certainly could be seen as mythical, as it was living history that was shown to them. "Intriguing." The Templar muttered, placing his lantern away.

"get ready!"

Before even giving a nod, Von had pulled out his Templar sword as a Shriek almost pierced his ears. Defending himself, the Templar allowed the Shriek's claw to be lodged within the middle of his blade. Growling with a scowl, he pulled his dagger out with a flick of a wrist and plunged it within the beast's face. "Von Souchet!" He called, and the dagger lit up, electrocuting the face of the Darkspawn. Noticing the backup Genlock's, Von freed both blades to face them.

Jumping back enough, the horn of Nola rang out within the tunnels. Deep within the Templar mind, the horn could be seen as a attraction to enemies, yet before those feelings of fear took him, he became more confident and came up with an idea. Three Genlock had approached him, cautious due to the Shriek's body behind him. "Okay, if you don't want to come to me ... Heh." He chuckled, stabbing his blade within the ground. The empty hand quickly held something else, metallic and long in length. Before any of the Darkspawn could feel confident enough to face the Templar, the middle one was suddenly impaled.

Von held the grappling rope and smirked. Pulling without remorse, the Genlock flew forward, yet before it could notice, the human already dropped the grappling rope, picked up it's sword, and was in front of the poor, guilty Genlock, then suddenly, darkness took it's vision. Von had already took it's head, and continued his flurry of attacks. Taking arms apart, and limbs started to falls, not before long, the three Genlocks had made a small puddle of burning blood, and a small portion of it was splattered onto the Templar's weapons, who only gave a chuckle .

Berund hesitated when the Darkspawn barreled their way through the tunnels. His heart pounded in his chest and his breaths became ragged. He suddenly recalled stories of men's hearts giving out in times of great stress and dropping them right where they stood. It was quickly becoming more than he could bear. This is it, the dwarf thought frantically. This is how it will end for me. Not fighting, but frozen. Soon to be just another cold heap in these caverns.

Faces ran past the Legionnaire and toward the Darkspawn. Dead faces. But none so mystifying as the ghosts of the hall. Those were born of the memory of the Stone. The faces he witness now were apparitions of his own memory. All dying before his eyes. He could not help them before. He could not help them now. The dwarf's fears of helplessness were becoming realized and it was breaking him.

Then he heard it. The braying of the horn. The sound filled the caverns and his heart along with them. He would not allow the ghosts of his past haunt him now. He may have been unable to aid those that were close to him years before, but he could still aid those that were with him now.

Dashing to the forefront, Berund stepped around Kari with his maul at the ready. He skirted around a slashing shriek as he whirled his maul. The studded face met with that of a genlock, bursting it like a pumpkin before it even had time to raise its blade. Keeping his arms' momentum, the dwarf whipped around toward the shriek he sidestepped and sent the business end of his weapon across its face. While its helmet kept its head in mostly one piece, the force sent it swiveling on its neck until it snapped and fell back.

A trio had begun to charge the Legionnaire but with a swift knock to the head using the end of his maul's handle, Berund had dazed the one in the lead. He was forced to defend himself from the blades of another shriek while the third, a genlock, was just about to run the dwarf through. Berund kicked at the one that had clashed steel with him, sending the Darkspawn into the cavern wall before forcing the wind from the genlock behind him with a strike the to gut. Then, with an upward swing, the flat of the maul collided with its bowed head and sent it to the ground on its back. Keeping with the swing, the maul arced overhead and came crashing down onto shriek, practically sending its head, helmet and all, into its chest piece. Just as the dazed genlock was coming to it was immediately dropped on its back from a sweep to its legs and finally had its chest crushed beneath Berund's maul.

"Come on, all of ye," the Legionnaire bellowed, charging forward without a single look back. "They'll keep coming if we stand our ground! We have to cut through!"

A shriek's cry was cut short by a well thrown dagger from Jarrett but its companions continued the disturbing scream, sending shivers through the group. Nola's horn cut through the piercing shrieks though and with confidence restored the battle was joined. Kari and Von 's whirlwind of blades kept the monsters at bay while Berund's savage attacks drove back through the lines of the enemy. Finally Ash's sweeping flames and arcing lightning scoured the battlefield, and while the genlocks seemed able to weather the magic the remaining shrieks were driven away or slain outright. It was hard to say how the last of the darkspawn fell, to a swift and clever backstab from Jarrett perhaps, or maybe with its skull caved in by a blow from Nola's shield, but even when the last genlock had fled or fallen the sounds of battle raged on with the memory once more reenacting its bloody scene around them.

Those sounds too faded, to the strained breathing of the group. Calien wiped blood from his blade but kept it unsheathed as he turned to address the others.

"Phew, lucky there weren't more of them," he said, shaking somewhat, though from adrenaline or fear it was hard to say "I doubt the sounds of fighting went unnoticed. No one was hurt I hope? If so best patch it up quick, if you have a mind to loot the creatures then make that quick as well, I don't like our chances if we linger."

The darkspawn had little of value, their weapons and armor were crude and heavy, but a few of them had among their filthy belongings vials of what could only be lyrium draught. Lyrium draughts of a disturbingly red color.

"Maker," Calien muttered "what are darkspawn doing with red lyrium?"

The distant echoes of scraping metal and fearsome roars broke the conversation before they could respond.

"We can brainstorm while we move," Calien suggested suddenly, clearly nervous "I'd rather not wait around for whatever made that noise to find us."

So he began leading them once more through the dark tunnels, illuminated only by the occasional glowstone torch left by the dwarves of old.

As the remaining darkspawn retreated, Kari felt...good. The alcohol had merely distracted her from her anger towards Von, but the fight? The fight had channelled it into a killing mood that'd left plenty of these Maker-damned abominations dead and dying; mind you, she was still pissed off at the ex-Templar, just now she might let him speak his piece before she dropped him.

"Phew, lucky there weren't more of them. I doubt the sounds of fighting went unnoticed. No one was hurt I hope? If so best patch it up quick, if you have a mind to loot the creatures then make that quick as well, I don't like our chances if we linger."

"A few scrapes and dents, otherwise I'm good." She replied, jamming her sword point through the neck of a glenlock that was still twitching. "But yeah, let's keep moving...the only time I've ever seen 'spawn back off is so they can regroup with greater numbers." Looking over towards Cailen, she spotted the vial about the same time he did, and his comment echoed her own thoughts. Ever since the attack on Haven and the move to Skyhold, the higher ups had continuously pounded home the dangers of the red lyrium; though anyone who'd seen what it'd done to the Templars that had been effected by it didn't need any convincing of just how bad that shit was. The roar snapped her out of her thoughts and back to the real world.

"We can brainstorm while we move, I'd rather not wait around for whatever made that noise to find us."

"I'm going to guess ogre." She replied, bringing her blade to a 'ready' position. "And yeah, I'd rather be looong gone by the time it gets anywhere near here." During the Blight, one had attacked the town she was helping defend, though they'd had a ballista as part of the town's defences which had made short of the beast...no such luck here.

Unlike the others, Ash had barely moved since the battle began. It sort of made sense, with the lot of them running to the front to engage the things while he threw spells from afar. Even so, he could feel his heartbeats drumming in his head and the sensation despite his lack of physical activity. He knew exactly what it was, not exactly fear, but something very similar, brought forward by the memories of hiding out in a cave, alone, while they marched by.

I hate those things.

Of course, the memory of that event did more than to make him feel nervous, there was a greater sense of victory in watching them run away and in watching them fall to his magic than there would be otherwise.

I'm stronger now.

And prepared. He grinned, it was an intoxicating feeling. Ash felt as if he could take on the world, yet Calien seemed more hesitant to do so.

"Phew, lucky there weren't more of them. I doubt the sounds of fighting went unnoticed. No one was hurt I hope? If so best patch it up quick, if you have a mind to loot the creatures then make that quick as well, I don't like our chances if we linger."

Ash decided against looting, the darkspawn didn't seem to have something he could use. At least that he couldn't just make himself, if he had the ingredients. Besides, he couldn't help but feel uneasy, something was amiss and he couldn't explain what. He simply didn't want to stay.

"We should probably leave," Ash said, though Kari provided a far more sustainable reason than he could.

"Maker, what are darkspawn doing with red lyrium?"

Ash raised an eyebrow, he hadn't even noticed the red lyrium. He supposed he had felt it, but it had gotten drowned out in other, more intense sensations. Which was troubling, yet again.

That feeling.

Roars and scraping of metal could be heard, and the others reacted. He was almost surprised they did, and... Oh. He stepped a bit away from the others, though followed them as they moved. Just a little behind.

I didn't have a clue whether those sounds were... well. Real.

At Skyhold, and up to now, he had been having an inkling in the back of his mind. It was gone now, had been replaced by the familiarity that was the fade. Sort of. It really was difficult to explain, even to himself.

"We can brainstorm while we move, I'd rather not wait around for whatever made that noise to find us."

"I'm going to guess ogre. And yeah, I'd rather be looong gone by the time it gets anywhere near here."

Ash nodded, though it could barely be seen. "I mean, yeah, it sounds like an ogre to me too." With that, he went quiet for a while, letting the others speak their mind.

Then he walked up closer to Calien, and waited for a moment when none of the others were talking and the situation didn't seem as dire as before. Then he spoke, quickly, if rather quietly.

"About the thing earlier... I need to tell you, and that right now. I'm not always okay, it's... it's a mage thing, and I can't always tell if what I'm seeing is real or just some nightmare, and I see a lot of weird stuff, but don't worry I would never be like... well, you know who, I don't harm anyone else, I just need to know if those darkspawn are real or if there really is a demon with a twisted neck crawling on the walls, and... basically, I usually read people's expressions when I see something weird or dangerous, and it's too dark for me to do that, so I won't know when the weird things I see are actually real... so I was wondering if you could tell me if something weird shows up, and if I could ask you, and this is really weird, I know, but I sort of..." he trailed off, realizing that Calien probably needed a moment to... well, figure things out.

"Anyways, that's about it. I just don't want to... make everything more difficult. As I said, I'm fine, it's just a mage thing, and I've never harmed anyone I wasn't supposed to."

I think.

It simply being a mage thing was a lie, but it was a better and easier explanation than that he was sort of getting bothered by a demon, but it wasn't close to taking over his body.

Pulling his daggers out of a darkspawn, Jarrett was pleased that the battle had gone by fast. He had to admit to feeling somewhat disappointed he hadn't carved the life out of a few more.

"Fine." Giving a call of his safety, Jarrett began inspecting the bodies of the fallen darkspawn as per Calien's suggestion. "Even these trash might prove valuable." His eyes widened with shock and panic as he discovered a vial of red lyrium.

"Maker, what are darkspawn doing with red lyrium?"

"Does it matter?! Get rid of this shit!" Calling out right after Calien, Jarrett rolled the vial into the furthest corner he could see. The shock of the find had delayed his thoughts on noticing the approaching noise, thankfully resurfacing early upon his allies calls.

I'm going to guess ogre. And yeah, I'd rather be looong gone by the time it gets anywhere near here."

"Wise choice."" Grasping a smoke bomb just in case things took a turn for the worse, Jarrett followed Calien's lead.

Nola looked around as the battle ended, watching and listening for more. When none came she quickly wiped her blade of the corrosive blood.

"We have the same idea on this one bossman. I suggest everyone wipe the blood off too, this shit will eat into just about any kind of metal. Even enchanted blades." She said looking at Kari. She didn't care that they had red Lyirum. It was just more shit on the pile to her. When the roar vibrated sounded through the cavern, her grip tightened on her shield and sword.

"I'm going to guess ogre. And yeah, I'd rather be looong gone by the time it gets anywhere near here."

"Glad to know there are surfacers that can lean quick." Nola said, following from the back of the group.If anything started chasing them from behind, she was gonna be the best bet to head it off.

The aftermath left the Templar breathing heavily, the dusty musk that lingered within the gigantic underground system had begun to seem natural to Von, yet the sights were still something to him, especially when it concerned the Darkspawn that now slept forever in puddles of their own blood. Kicking one of the bodies, it seemed that a small shimmering line of steam flew from the ground, which seemed to eat at the dirt and dust.

I suggest everyone wipe the blood off too, this shit will eat into just about any kind of metal. Even enchanted blades."

Hearing the announcement of Nola, the Templar nodded and flicked his weapons. Blood splattered onto the ground, and he began to closely inspect his weapons, to make sure that the acidic blood did no damage to his precious items. Using his small backup knife, Von cut a small piece of fabric from his long cloak, and started to rub down his weapons. "I don't know how the Wardens deal with this." He muttered, looking back at the corpses.

The designs seems to be placed between the "scary" and "prehistoric weapon" point. "Terrible taste." He muttered, and began to search through the corpses. Right along with the weapons, it seemed that the armour looked like as if the monsters just strapped big, bulky pieces of metal onto their person. That was when an unnatural glow began to shine where Von was looking, and it came from a blood-red vial.

"what are darkspawn doing with red lyrium?"

Von's pupil suddenly contracted, leaving his eyes laid upon it. Already the Templar could feel what it held. Life, power, and inhuman amounts of corruption. He pulled it out, giving one dark look to the group before looking back at the vial. Whispers started to dig within his mind, laying thoughts of darkness, and Von could tell, the voice was it. Not wanting that voice to come back, he raised his arm, preparing to throw, yet his grip was iron.

"Does it matter?! Get rid of this shit!"

Jarrett yelled, and with his voice ringing in the cavern, Von's thoughts went back to the battle at Haven. Those monsters of red crystal were from nightmare, and the liquid within this vial would truly spell defeat for him. Releasing his own raging hiss, he immediately threw the vial, and it hit a rock wall, splattering the liquid all over it. With roars in the distance, the Templar took a single look at the dripping and trickling liquid, which he spat onto the ground before leaving with the rest. "Maker knows I'm better than you." He said to no one.

The former Legionnaire continued to move forward, maintaining a substantial lead. He needed his head clear and if he could narrow his focus to what was ahead of him, to put a mental blinder on himself, it just might keep the memories back in this time of quiet. Just the very mention of 'ogres' had sent him back into unease. The face of his comrade as he was torn in half had apparently remained far too vivid in his recollection. The squelch and pop as the body was separated was haunting enough. It turned him away from meat for nearly a month.

Suddenly there was a loud, unmistakable screech at his back. Berund turned on his heels, nearly falling on his back from the loose dirt. His maul was raised and ready to swing at his assailant. But he stopped himself, seeing that he would've only succeeded in striking the empty air. It was silent save for his heavy breathing the loud pumping of his heart. He looked all around himself, growing frantic. He was desperately wishing for something, any indication that what he had heard was real. That it wasn't just ghosts of his memory. That his past wasn't overtaking the present.

Just as the others were beginning to catch up, he turned again and kept moving. "Ancestors, I beg of ye," he whispered to the passage. "Rid me of these visions from my mind. I don't know if I can keep them for much longer..."

Calien listened silently to Ash's explanation, glancing over the others periodically making note of Von's reaction to the red lyrium, as well as Berund's apparent exhaustion. Not that Calien himself was in perfect shape, he was clearly nervous and jumpy but doing his best to remain calm. Finally Ash was done explaining and he thought for a moment before responding.

"We should all give callouts as best we can down here," he said, loud enough for the others to hear "can't have something sneaking into our midst."

Then more quietly to Ash he said "You hardly seem to be the only one dealing with issues right now, just keep them from interfering and you'll be fine," he hesitated then added "thank you for letting me know."

The roars and other horrendous noises continued in the distance behind them, but they grew quieter and more distant as time went on. It was hard to tell how much time passed as they moved through the dark tunnels, with no sunlight to track the hour by time was difficult to follow. The darkness was pierced suddenly as they rounded a corner, coming to a massive structure, a gate of sorts from the look of it. Massive angular stone arches loomed over the entrance to the city, which was ringed by barriers that had once been hastily erected from stone and steel, now crumbled, while the entrance itself was largely caved in. The barricades had not seen use for many years, at least not until now.

Huddled behind the barricades stood an encampment of dwarves, few in number but bristling with weapons and armor. As the group neared them an arrow flew out from behind the barricades, striking the ground before them.

"Back you fiends!" a voice called out "Stone take you all!"

"Easy, we're no darkspawn," Calien called back, startled by the sudden attack.

Another voice could be heard, berating the archer, then calling out to the group "Who are ye then? Did my brother send you?"

"Anso?" Calien said "I suppose in a way he did."

"Then get behind the barricade right quick, we haven't got long," Anso said.

As if in answer to Anso's statement the sounds of distant battle could be heard, ringing from the stone itself and growing closer. Fragments of stone and rusted steel began to rise from the ground, even dust forming itself into shapes both familiar and twisted. The memories of the dwarves and darkspawn long ago fallen were rising around them again, except now they seemed far more real, and far more dangerous.

"Hurry!" Anso called out again, then rallied his own men "The fight is on us boys! FOR ORZAMMAR!"

Taking Nola's advice, Kari ripped a chunk of cloth from a dead 'spawn and used it to wipe down her blade as they hurried along.

"We should all give callouts as best we can down here, can't have something sneaking into our midst."

"Aye, and be mindful of side passages." She replied, as they passed another old door. "Don't want to get blindsided." Hustling through the dark, she her mood improved slightly as the passage way began to brighten. "At least I'll see the fight coming." She muttered. Heading towards the crumbled fortifications, she never broke stride as the arrow flew; she'd talked to enough dwarves to know that on the Deep Roads, you shot first and asked questions later. Even as Cailen spoke, she kept moving forward.

Fortune had smiled on them, as it appeared the dwarf they'd actually been hoping to meet was right here, though the mention of his fat sot of a brother made her reflexively spit on the ground out of disgust.

"Then get behind the barricade right quick, we haven't got long,"

As Anso spoke, 'things' began to move; rusted steel and stone pulling together to form real threats. Without consciously realizing it, Kari began to check her pace, doing her best to keep herself between the newest threat and her less armoured companions. "Mythal protect me." She muttered. "I accept I will die in battle, but please, not here. Let me die with the sun on my face."

After retrieving his thrown blades he followed Kari heading Nola's advice and took a moment to wipe the blood off of his weapons, giving them a shake for good measure. If the blood really could eat through blades then it was even was than what he had heard. The trek further on managed to lower the sound of the distant darkspawn screams, allowing him to return to a stoic and quiet state.

As an arrow struck the ground before the group he readied his new hook as he looked to glare down what had met them. He only gave a slight rise of his eyebrows at apparently meeting the dwarves they'd been looking for.

"Then get behind the barricade right quick, we haven't got long,"

Turning to see the 'memories' rising around, Jarrett took to gaining the group and the dwarves as much advantage as they could. "Anso, catch!" He tossed the smoke bomb he'd been holding closely and threw it at Anso at high angle, hoping it'd give him time to do so. "Smoke bomb. Things get worse, smash it, run." Facing down the furthest memories he could see threw as many hidden blades as he could at them. Before waiting to see their effect, he readied his hook and launched at the one closest to the one he threw the blades at, ready to tackle.

Nola kept looking back as they walked, hoping to catch any of the 'spawn before they had a chance to sneak up on them. Because of this, she was quite surprised when she ran into the back of one of her companions when they all suddenly stopped. Finding dwarves still alive deep in the tunnels wasn't as surprising though. That one of them was the missing Anso was. Ahhhhhh the Deeproads, a surprise around every corner. she thought sarcastically.

Like for example, when the Stones Memories seemed to step into the waking world as the ghosts of the long dead turned their gaze on the group. She didn't care if the man behind the barricade was related to the noble that got her exiled, ghosts were not something she knew how to fight. She would take any defense she could get.

She moved with Kari meaning to act as the warriors shield as the long dead chased after them. "You and me Giant. They brake on me, you brake them." She said before bring her horn to her lips again. Once more, it's bellow called through the tunnel, inspiring allies old and new to fight harder.

"We should all give callouts as best we can down here, can't have something sneaking into our midst."

"Got it," Ash said, though he made a mental note about that he was not included in that. Ash mentioning everything he saw on a good day -nevertheless a bad one- would probably get unwanted reactions. If it didn't frighten the others or make them wary, it would make them afraid of him. The last thing the group needed now was a second Von.

"You hardly seem to be the only one dealing with issues right now, just keep them from interfering and you'll be fine... thank you for letting me know."

"It's fine, "Ash said, with a smile. "I just thought it'd be needed. We don't need more surprises within the group now. Or later." For a while, it was quiet, the sound of approaching Darkspawn getting further and further away, disappearing into the distance. Then, they came across the barricades, quickly followed by dwarves.

While Ash didn't speak, he felt the need to several times. Why was Anso's brother there? Why hadn't they left? However, an explanation of sorts soon became clear, as the memories, similar to before, came. However, these seemed more real, more vivid, more dangerous, and Ash had to let his group be the way to determine whether it was actually real.

I am getting worse. So quickly too, I don't like this place.

"Hurry! The fight is on us boys! FOR ORZAMMAR!"

Running behind the group and the other dwarves, Ash started throwing balls of fire on the approaching army. He figured it was the best choice, trying to confuse them, drain their lives or use their blood was bound to fail.

The group hurried away from loud roars and growls, even Von kept to a steady pace as he was at the back of the pack. His weapons were always ready, and the only glow he allowed were the sparks jumping off his dagger. Soon enough, those monstrous noises ended, and the Templar allowed to sheath his weaponry, and replace it with a lantern. Even within the peace of darkness, his heart pumped fast, and his mind only wondered when would be the next time he fought. For he felt something... Ferocious that was within his normal fighting methods.

Von gave an audible sigh of relief as they broke into the open cavern, with the target city within their gazes. "Finally..." he puffed, before taking several seconds to look over the environment, after all, he would like to record this in his journal. That was when the bellowing voice of Anso called out, and once again the chaos started. Not needing another warning, Von charged and seemed to leap over one barricade.

With the ghosts of the stone rising, the Templar was shocked. "How do you fight something not of flesh and bone?" he asked to no one in particular. The young man had fought man, elf, dwarf, monster, and even demon, yet this was something completely outside of this Templar experience. Suddenly, one of the memories charged at him, and with quick movement, Von barely avoided the blade. Even with that dodge, a clear red gash appeared on his exposed skin. Surprised, he immediately launched a counterattack and slammed his boot into the chest of the memory. The Dwarf ghost seemed to be pushed away briefly, and smiled in return.

"How?" He simply asked, before unleashing his lightning-coated dagger in several swipes.

"Smoke bomb. Things get worse, smash it, run."

"Wouldn't count on a retreat from an Orzammar dwarf, friend," Berund said to Jarrett with the start of a smile. Then the former Legionnaire noticed the sheer number of corporealized memories rising from the stone and steel and his smile began to falter. "Then again, there's never any shame in a 'tactical withdrawal' I suppose."

The dwarf took up a defensive position by the elf and waited for the charge. "Y'know, beanpole, I've never been much of an artist but it doesn't take a master sculptor to know all you need to make a good carving is a chisel...and a hammer. Let's say we make ourselves a masterpiece, aye?"

"Smoke bomb. Things get worse, smash it, run."

"Nowhere to run down here boy," Anso replied morbidly "we stand or we die."

Nola's horn rang out and was answered by battle-cries from the weary defenders, their strength bolstered by the knowledge they had support at last. The shambling ghosts, clad in stone and rusted steel and dust, charged into the hail of fire and arrows to break upon the wall of steel Kari and Nola provided. Memories though they seemed to be they were not invincible, stone shattered against steel, a pair of thrown daggers glanced off of an ancient helmet and staggered its ghostly bearer who was then dashed against the ground by a swift hammer-blow, gradually the brutal horde began to fall to pieces against the group.

"Don't get too excited," Anso said "more are coming."

As if in response to this another wave of ghosts began to rise, unlike the previous wave these were not a mix of dwarves and darkspawn. Rather they were all darkspawn, genlocks and shrieks rushing forward with rusted claws of iron and armor of stone. Ash's fire swept towards them only to be caught out of the air and extinguished on the staff of a ghostly genlock. The memory of an emissary, a twisted darkspawn magister who pulled lightning from the air around it and then flung it back at the group. In the distance behind the new wave another, larger, shape began to form. Long discarded scraps of metal, shattered stones and broken bones began to coalesce into the unmistakable shape of an ogre.

"Ready yourselves men!" Anso called out to his own, banging his hammer on his shield to rally them "Newcomers! We'll handle the spawn, you take the emissary and the ogre!"

The dwarves rushed from behind their cover to meet the wave of darkspawn, sending a resounding clash through the air. Still the dwarves were obviously tired and even injured in some cases, they could not match all of the darkspawn ghosts, at best hold them for a time.

"You and me Giant. They break on me, you break them."

"I like the way you think lady." Kari replied, grinning behind her helmet. The dwarven war horn thundered as she reached the impromptu barricade, the big qunari slamming to a halt with the defences at her back. No further. She grimaced as she drove her sword into cracks of steel and stone, arcs of lightning jumping from her honed blade to the pitted iron, staggering the creatures and causing them to lose a bit of cohesion for a moment. After a while the horde broke itself on the defenders weapons.

"Don't get too excited, more are coming."

Kari let out a groan; she was going to have to talk to Cailen about just how much she was getting payed, after all this. But that was for later, now a wave of 'golem' darkspawn were rising. She smiled as Ash sent a fireball out, only to hiss in annoyance as it was directed back at them. "Andreste's puckered asshole, what now?" She griped.

"Newcomers! We'll handle the spawn, you take the emissary and the ogre!"

Without waiting for anyone else to pipe up, her voice boomed over the growing din. "Right! Von, Berund, Nola. You deal with the spell flinger. The rest of us will get fatty!" With that she began to press forwards, hacking her way towards the 'ogre' with the intention of stopping it short of the barricade.

"Right! Von, Berund, Nola. You deal with the spell flinger. The rest of us will get fatty!"

"Right!" Nola said moving away from Kari. Mages were generally trouble when it was just humans and elves, but Darkspawn spellcasters were by far the worst. Their magic held none of the wonder that Ash's did, none of the majesty. Even Nola could tell it was just wrong, something dark and twisted even by Darkspawn standards. Nola planned on giving Von and Berund the opening they needed.

"C'mon ya twisted freaks! Fresh untainted woman waitin for ya right here!" She said circling around the ghostly spawn. If the old stories she listened to were any indication, even the specters of long dead darkspawn would make a beeline for a woman. And even if things went south, she wasn't gonna go without a fight.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked