We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 NEXT

"What did you just call me?" Candace asked, steel entering her voice.

"Where are your wings?" Rinia asked, as the glow faded.

"I called you an idiot! Hee hee hee!" The alchemist replied, twirling his scepter casually as he looked to Rinia.

"Hee hee- I have these big sleeves for a reason. You're more observant than that decadent dandy, I see!"

"Hrm! You have no tact or politeness at all!" Candace said, getting a bit mad but not acting on it... yet.

"Hee hee- an alchemist doesn't need to be polite! Just to make bigger explosions! BOOM! Hee hee hee!" He casually tossed a green and purple flask and caught it as he spoke. "Hee hee... where is this merry band headed? I have some new bombs that need to be tested!"

"On a hunting trip. Where we are trying to capture something alive." Candace told him bluntly.

"Hee hee, perfect! I have some bombs that are nonlethal. In theory." He twirled his scepter, then set out in the direction that Candace and Rinea were headed when he appeared.

Candace stormed up to him, grabbing him by the right arm and holding him in place. "In theory?"

"Yes, hee hee- do you not know what those words mean? Heh..." His robes flashed a few times, then an explosion suddenly happened below his feet, launching him backwards to safety and probably pushing Candace back. "Maybe I should test them on you! Hee hee hee!"

Candace was thrown back by the explosion, quickly getting back up and checking that her clothes hadn't been damaged.

The explosion hadn't done much damage, as it mostly served to launch the man away. "You can't just grab me or push me around. Hee hee hee..."

Candace quietly sighed in relief, then looked to the man. "This is important. I need you to make sure the beast is still alive. Understand?" It was half request, half threat.

He went silent for a moment, a bit surprised that Candace didn't want to fight. "Hrmph... Fine. But if anything else tries to stop us along the way, then I won't promise anything, hee hee hee..."

"Right." Candace was tempted to fight, but didn't want to jeopardise her chance of regaining favour. "I believe proper introductions are in order. I am Lady Candace Ayers. You?"

"I am Plague Knight! The greatest alchemist the world has ever seen! Hee hee hee.."

"Wait. You are a knight?"

"Heh. Of course I'm a Knight, don't I look like one?" He tapped his scepter on the ground impatiently.

"I didn't realise I was speaking to another of noble birth. My apologies." Candace bowed.

"Hee hee hee- who cares? Nobility is worthless. Now get going, I want to test my bombs..."

Rinia looked from Plague Knight, to the nearby figures dressed in black, then back to Plague Knight. "No, you don't look like a Knight at all." she said, bluntly. As she spoke, she began marching out into the plains. She led the small group along a dirt road, until they reached what was obviously an old motorway, however the surface was cracked and worn. In the distance, anyone with good eyesight would see mountains, large stone buildings covered in plant life and animals moving around.

Candace's brain broke for a moment at the statement that nobility was worthless, but they arrived at the deserted motorway before she could think of a response. She looked around, searching for signs of life.

Dala inspected the new arrival, a bit confused. She kept an eye on him as they walked towards the motorway.

Candace looked to Dala. "Any thoughts on this knight?" she whispered.

Plague Knight followed everyone else's lead, tossing a vial as he walked. "What are we hunting? I almost forgot to ask..."

"A magic beast." Candace answered.

"That's, heh... Not very specific."

"Well, there's a few different beasts. We don't know which one we will find."

"Ooh, that sounds fun, hee hee hee.."

Cast Away twists away from the thrown cane before sinking into a crouched postion. Several glowing orbs are released from from its back which fly away from the main body at extreme speed, the body itself begins rapidly eroding.

Reinhardt charged towards Cast Away with the rocket boost, trying to grab him before he vanished.

"It's been too long since I've had a good hunt..."

Dala whispered back to Candace: "Seems kinda untrustworthy. But this openly ... could be just some kind of charlatain, too."

Reinhardt grabs the body which is now inert and decaying. Dalahars convulses and twitches on the floor as the daemon possession subsides.

Reinhardt turned away from the body, seeing Dalahar twitch and tick. He approached slowly, his hammer stashed away. "Are you alright my friend?"

"I'm still wondering how he became a peer of the realm." Candace whispered back.

"What's a 'peer of the realm'?" Rinia asked, her ears swiveled around to point at Candace and Dala.

As the group investigated the area, they would come across a set of large paw-prints in the dirt, not too far from the motorway.

"A Knight, a lord, nowhere you want to say it." Candace explained, then turned her attention to the paw prints, examining them.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked