We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 190 NEXT

"I don't see much use in remaining here."
He said "I can never go home either." He pushed that melancholy from his thoughts. "Where's the exit then? I would like to see beyond this small room."

Montreal, Quebec, Canada. March 1st, 2025

"Canada, 2025 ..." the tribal woman thought loudly, then remembered that she was half-naked, and put one arm over her chest. "It's cold here, isn't it?
I was actually trying to travel, but I really think I had too much of this stuff. I don't feel a connection back right now ... I probably would be able to get back on my own, but it also would take some time.

Say, how many people are here? It does seem pretty crowded."

Edward interests perk up when the guard mention Japan and 2014:"Wait.... what happened to Japan in 2014?" He asks.

She raised her left hand.
"It's quite alright. I imagine that you didn't know before hand." She placed it down. "As for the harassment, the history behind my people is long and I'd rather tell it at a later date. At this point, all you need to know is that there are other Fenrir who would rather kill humans than make peace with them like I do. For the record, a Fenrir is what I am." She cleared her throat. "In any case, this security officer is informing us of the situation."

She listened.
"So this is Earth and much further in the past." She said with a murmur. "I wonder what I'll see beyond this encapsulation. Or if it will be anything like my history textbooks depicted." I wonder how these people maintain laws across such vast distances. Surely whole universes must be hard to handle, let alone a whole planet.

"It's below freezing outside right now. So you might want warmer clothes than what you have right now." the guard responded. After a quick head-count he said, "And there's eight people here that I can see."

A second guard pointed at the wooden double doors. "There's the exit. Turn left to head towards check-in and then you'll be able to leave the port." he told Dalahar. He then turned towards Ed and replied, "That was the first known anomaly. A group of people came through, including some sea-dwelling beings who attempted to take over parts of Tokyo. They were stopped by the other interdimensionals, who located an uninhabited island for them to relocate to. When the details were released to the public, there was a lot of outrage about it, and groups like Earth First formed." After a short pause the guard said, "And if you meet any of those guys, please don't punch them or something. It's tempting but it just makes things worse."

"A Finrear?" He mutters, utterly butchering its pronunciation. Then does that double gun finger pose... whatever it is called.... and says: "Ah! Racism! I gotcha."

Unbeknownst to the guard, he was recording the entire thing. For research. "Right. Can you tell more about Earth First?" His question seems to be right out of an RPG's Dialogue tree.

Dalahar was paying little heed to what was happening around him. He felt weird, not himself. Upon arriving something had been stirring within him. the anointed time? But there is no heresy here. No rebellion, no Horus, no emperor. This is terra in the past, at least an alternate one. What could possibly awaken you?
"My thanks" he said as the guard finished his address. He began walking over to the door, swaying slightly. Just as he reached the door he felt as if something was twisting within his body. Groaning he dropped to a knee with a loud thud. Laboured breathing coming from inside his helmet.

"Precisely that." She said to Ed.

"I think I can manage the cold weather." Other interdimensionals? I wonder if that was connected to the stories in the year 3023.

"Thank you for the information." She said towards the guards.
She began walking towards the door as well, but went towards Thresh as he lowered himself. "What's wrong?" She said with a concerned look.

The woman shuddered. "Yeah. I would be quite thankful if you could provide me with some warm clothes. And then ... I guess I'll try to talk to these others.
Do you need something from me?"

"There are shops in the building. Since you probably can't pay, I'll get you something warm. And right now, I'll need your name." the guard replied.

"Earth First? Well, the basics are that they just don't like interdimensionals. They want to stop all interdimensional travel and migration. Hypocritically, though, they don't mind things like blastia technology or Rachmana translation software and all that stuff. Just the people." The guard told Ed. He sighed heavily and said, "They were reasonable during the early months, with all the stuff in Tokyo, and those crazy knights, but when the people from Avinah showed up things went downhill."

Tresh steadies himself. Controls his breathing, he thinks of nothing but supressing the being within him. "Not now." He
Hissed as he stood up. He looked at the woman who had adressed him. His hood had fallen showing his full helmet. "I can care for myself." He said. "You're concern is noted." He was surprised, he hadn't expected someone to worry about him. It was strange. "Don't worry I am myself again." He said resuming a less laboured stance as the twisting subsides

"Thank you, that's so nice of you!" the blind woman exclaimed happily. "And my name is Anik. Just that, no last name, unless you count tribal titles."

"Ah! So they're Donald Trump Supporters, eh?" He replies to guard #2 with the classic Canadian 'eh'. So who or what is Avinah? He asks yet again.

"Tribal titles aren't necessary, no." the guard replied.

"Uh... basically, yes." the guard said to Ed, as another snorted with laughter. "And Avinah is another world that experienced an anomaly. They developed the interdimensional technology we use here, over a century or so, and made contact with us."

Just as everything was starting to calm down, a woman in heavy stone armor and carrying an absurdly large, dull stone sword came sprinting through the portal, weapon raised to swing. "Come get some you sons of-" She screamed, but stopped as she took in her surroundings. She took quite a while to stop her forward momentum, but managed not to smash anything or anyone. "Wait, what the fuck is going on?"

Another form was dumped out of the massive portal, landing on their back. This one was a short, slender figure, easily identifiable as an adolescent girl. She stood roughly 4'1" (124 cm) tall, had long, wavy blond hair that reached half-way down her back, and pale skin. She wore a white sundress accented with pink ribbons at the waist and neckline and matching white sandals also adorned with pink ribbons on the toe strap.

She appeared unconscious at first, but after a short moment sat up. She opened her blue eyes and looked around the room where she was, slowly and groggily at first, but then more panicked and quickened. When she apparently didn't find what she was looking for, tears began streaming down her cheeks and she began bawling as she rubbed her eyes.

"As you wish." She said, now back to pacing towards the door. Maybe it was a medical condition he'd rather not speak about. I hope he reaches out at some point if things get out of hand.

She raised her hand to open the door. She reached for whatever handle there was to open it and opened it.

"Thanks for your time." He thanks Guard #2 "This an unrelated question, but did *pfft" Donald Trump win the elections in this world? He asks, while trying not to laugh.

Edward then gazes at the Havel Monster with awe. "My god! Another walking fridge?!" he exclaims. His shock was disturbed when he heard a little girl crying. He then went to check on her, but something occurred to him: Doesn't she seem... familiar.... Eh, probably nothing.

He crouched to her and searched for a napkin on his duster; he found nothing. "Oh shi-snap." he stopped himself from cursing midway.

"...om...does anyone have a tissue or something? He asks the crowd.

He had heard what was said about this place. Seemed like run of the mill prejudice, the sort of squabbling the emperor had sought to quell. That didn't matter. He was concerns of this avinah and their capabilities. They may be hostile to him. His pace brings him beside the woman at the door as she opened it. when she moves through the door he follows, having to to duck under th door to fit.

"Alright." Anik said, then listened to the people in the room, kind of unsure on what to do. She heard a door open and a girl crying, and another woman arrive,, but she did not know with whom to speak.

Eventually, she started doing clicking noises with her tongue, and hoped the girl would stop crying.

The large stone-clad woman turned to Anik. "What's with the clicking? Are you part bat or something? Ah, forget that." She rested her weapon on her shoulder, and turned to look around the room. Suddenly, she raised her leg and stomped, actually making the ground shake a bit. "Where the fuck am I?!?!"

The second guard let out a loud laugh, but cut it short when the first guard glared at him. "No, he did not."

Upon opening the doors, Shana would see a long white waiting area, in which there were a number of blue, comfortable looking seats. Sitting in many of these seats were people of various descriptions, from humans to large ursine humanoids, and some people in suits which covered their bodies and heads completely. Behind the seating area was a large window, giving a view of the Montreal skyline.

Viyang tightly gripped her spear when the sword-wielding woman burst through the portal, though when the potential threat went away, Viyang's attention was drawn to the crying young girl. "Calm down, girl." she said, obviously trying to be soothing but coming across more stern than she might hope. "You seem to be in a safe place." When the other new arrival stomped loudly, Viyang glared at her, her eyes sparking with anger.

"You traveled to another universe, due to an anomaly." one of the guards informed the armoured woman. "This is Montreal."

"Are you fucking kidding me? I've gotten lost before, but I somehow ended up in another goddam UNIVERSE?" She groaned and shook her head in frustration. "Ah fuck it, as long as there are giant monsters here for me to fight, I guess it's alright."

She walked up to the guard and stared him down, probably even more intimidating since she was nearly seven feet tall. "There are giant monsters here... Right?!"

Anik seemed slightly angry when she realized the loud woman had adressed her. "No, I am something far better than a bat.
And you are in Canada."

Tresh glanced st all the various figures and people who had arrived here, like him they must have arrived here, intentional or otherwise.
Grateful for the long cloak he wore in case they would be worried by his armour and armament as well as his size. He walked over to the window and looked outwards wanting to see what kind of place he had arrived in. His size and fact he rumbled the ground as he walked turned a few heads but they were used to
It it seemed. He stares out of the window

The girl was intimidated into no longer bawling by Viyang's command, yelping slightly and toning it down to sniffling as she continued crying.

One of the doorways leading from the waiting room had a simple sign next to it, the kind one would see at an airport or train station. It read "Counseling".

Shana also went towards the window, taking note of the people here. "Must be some sort of gate check."

"No, no monsters." the guard stated.

"Take a deep breath." Viyang said to the girl, not as authoritatively as before but still quite commanding.

A human woman looked up at Shana, and asked, "Has the anomaly been sorted yet?"

When Tresh spoke he spoke quietly. "I've seen traffic similar to this too much. Refugees, asylum seekers." His voice then gre louder. "Your name? I didn't catch it earlier"

"That's bullshit!" She yelled, and stomped the ground even harder this time, making a tremor to rival that of Tresh. "Who the fuck are you, anyways?" She snarled at the guard, moving her face just a few inches from his.

Shana was startled when the woman addressed her. "The portal thing? If by sorted, you mean less people coming through... perhaps. I'm not an authority on this, sorry."

"My name is Shana. Shana Vang. The last name is a Scandinavian word for meadow." She said to Tresh.

"Stop acting like a child and calm down." Viyang ordered the armoured woman.

"Interdimensional Security Officer Pierre Gauthier." the guard replied, staring back at the woman calmly.

Since nobody answered about the whole tissue thing, he decided to do what he does best: Portal shenanigans.

At Catherine's office.
Catherine spent the last two hours typing out a long research document; clear signs of bored and tiredness on her are almost as clear as Donald Trump's insanity.

"Now...." she hovers her finger on the 'save' option on her holographic monitor, "All is left is to sa-"
Suddenly a cloudy metal-grey portal with blue sparking bolts emerges in front of her.
"EDWARD! WHAT THE FU-" Edward immediately grabs a box of tissues and shouts out really fast, "Need to get a box of tissues for a crying girl. 'Kay. Thanks. Bye!
Afterwords the portal dispersed from existence.

Catherine was silent.
Well, up until she discovered she accidentally clicked out without saving.... I'll let your imagination fill in the rest.

At the circular thing
"Here little girl," Edward hands her a box of tissues, "Use these..

"Dalahar Tresh." He said turning around. He scanned the crowd of people."Well met Shana." He felt a rumble
As he spoke. "Keep your wits about you, Shana."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 190 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked