We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 190 NEXT

outside the arrival centre, Canada.
Dalahar had exited the building, power armour and enhanced constitution meant the cold did not trouble him. He was waiting to see where space could be found for him. When asked about he said he didn't need furnishings or a bed, just some space maybe a bench. Like an unused storage room or something similar. While he waited he had glanced at his shoulders, gauntlets, torso and leg armour, each had several gold seals that fixed scraps of parchment to his armour. All recounting deeds done and batte oaths sworn. He would
Have to remove them, along with their seals. They meant nothing now.

Now outside the port, Dalahar would see that it was a fairly large building, around the size of a train station. While he would've observed shops and waiting areas on his way out, and might presume the existence of employee-only areas such as break rooms, there would still be some sections of the building he would not have seen.

Dalahar, and any others who followed him out, would see signposts informing them that they were on Rue Marc Cantin, right before the point where it began to curve towards the St Lawrence River. The river itself was situated behind the port.

All the while Dalahar had been here he had been gathering information in his head, a habit he picked up in his time with the Alpha Legion. It kept his military mind focused outside of combat while he poured over numerous nuances and details. Observe and report. The word bearers had scouts of course but not at the level the Alpha Lefion used, where every legionnaire was trained as a scout among other things. The size of the building indicated the scale of this trans dimensional event and its frequency. Typically natives and arrivals in such a situation wouldn't interact so well and he could see why an organisation opposed to this had sprouted, the planets government must spend significant funds and infrastructure space to dealing with the problem. The ground workers at the simplest level to what he guessed would be ministers and officials with long distance goals and targets in mind. He had walked into a social battlefield, a clash of many worlds t one. He could see that this was a melting pot of potential global threats.

He dwelt on these thoughts for some time as he looked st various sign posts to map the area in his head, always be prepared.

"Huh, thats new."Gash replied to Lambda.

"I always wait for them to attack me first. Is that good enough for ya?" Gash explained to Anik. "I don't know what else you have to tell me about this 'personal thing' though, and I'm not sure I care."

"Perhaps you two should talk another time." Lambda said, attempting to defuse the situation.

"Very well, that's good enough." Anik replied to Gash, kinda down. "I guess you aren't one fit to join us anyways, so I'll just keep quiet now."

She was silent for a bit, then said, to whoever was still there: "So ... someone willing to guide me around? Exploring the area a bit together?"

Dalahar shook his head when imaginary battle lines began forming, supply lines, armament requisitions and troop movements. It was how his brain was wired to work. "Enough of that" he said aloud, as if to dispel the thoughts. theres no war here, no cause, no truth to find. No one to follow, nothing to believe in.
These thoughts of being without purpose wore on him and he didn't like dwelling on them. He returned inside the station to find a distraction.

Shana exited the building, too eager to sit around and inspect the gate. As soon as she exited, she took a fresh whiff of air and could smell the scent of the river. She smiled genuinely.
First step on another planet. Even though it's entirely different than what my history books depicted.

"I should probably head back inside at some point to stock up on supplies." She murmured.

Lambda looked to Anik. "The guards are busy with the anomaly, but there is a waiting room nearby. Perhaps you and the others could wait there?"

"Not fit to join you? Do you ever make sense?" Gash rolled her eyes, not that Anik could see. "But I am thinking of getting out of this building. You can come with, if you want."

Dalahar passed Shana as she turned to head back inside. "Saw some kind of market through there". He passed her by before waiting for her to catch up. "Not much use to me but I'm sure you can find something"

"I ... guess." Anik replied, though it was not clear if to Lambda or to Gash. She turned, and started making her way outside, while again creating clicking sounds with her tongue.

Lambda looked to Gash. "Perhaps be a little... Gentler. I appreciate that you are a warrior, but things here are peaceful for the most part."

"Mmmm. Thank you." She said when she caught up with him. She went in the direction of wherever the indoor market was in the hallway.

As they walked Dalahar was quiete silent. "You have any idea what you are going to do?" He asked breaking the silence as
They arrived into the market area

Dalahar and Shana would find a variety of small shops, selling various products from food to clothing, though with rather limited ranges.

"Well, I first need to know how much rations are going to cost so I can figure out a budget. I also overheard something about food and rooms being available for a short time until we can figure out money."

"Best place to start." A mundane task but something occupy his time and distract his thoughts. "I'll take inventory, may have some spare trinkets and the like to trade of you like. I have no use for this."
As they walked he checked and double checked his gear and weapons as well as any finery on his armour that was redundant.

We Are Our Avatars XI

Location: Montreal - Quebec, Canada: Gash, Anik, Lambda, whoever else

As if the god(s) themselves heard Gash's thoughts and delivered with promise- the nearest portal to them began pulsating. At first, the center began expanding with it's circular rift opening up and suddenly noise began to fill the air, like a whirling sound of wind trying to escape a bullet-sized hole. With no longer than a few seconds, something came through face first onto the floor, a few feet away from Gash's feet. The thing didn't move until it made a soft, groaning sound which only the best of listeners could pick up.

Slowly but surely, it raised it's head to see what was going on. Her ears perked and eyes blinking a few times before even having the slightest clue as to what was happening, or what her surroundings bore. With this, while still having her body lay on the ground, she looked up to see Gash with her massive stone armor and stared for a few good moments before opening her mouth.

".. Uuuhhh .. what exactly happened just now?" Miia begged the question, looking rather confused and somehow sane at the same time. "Am I still somewhere on the Rising Dawn because .. I-I don't recognize you, or any of you-" Her senses kicked in the moment she realized something was wrong. First off, there was a woman in giant stone armor holding a sword and giving her somewhat of a death stare. Miia quickly gathered this could end badly and begged another question.

".. Uuuahhh .. y-you wouldn't happen to be a bad person who'd hurt a Lamia, would you??"

"Gentler?" Gash laughed at Lambda's suggestion. "I haven't even started a fight yet, so I'm being pretty damn gentl-" Just then, she was interrupted by Miia coming through the portal.

She chuckled. "Finally, someone is actually afraid of me! Ah, but I'm not gonna hurt you. You haven't tried to attack me, and honestly you don't look like enough of a challenge."

"Mmmm." She nodded.
Shana approached the closest food shop to inspect what was available and their prices.

We Are Our Avatars XI

"Sooooo ... you're not going to harm me in any way?" Miia asked, with a sigh of relief in exchange. She still did not know what her whereabouts are, or what was really happening for that matter. "Who are you guys? Where am I ... and again is this the Rising Dawn's office or something? .. I suddenly got sucked in to yet another portal against my will."

Picking up on the weird new sounds coming from behind her, Anik stopped and turned, only in time to hear the Lamia talk to Gash.
She clicked with her tongue, picking up the huge shape of the Lamia with echolocation, then stopped again, quite surprised.

"Are you ... some kind of dragon?" she asked, walking closer. "Don't worry, my name is Anik, and we just arrived here as well. Seems to be some kind of anomaly here."

Looking through the range of products available, Shana would see the prices were all given in dollars. Many of the products, in particular food, were relatively inexpensive, though clothing was less cheap. While the majority of products were Earthly in origin, there were some materials and ingredients that came from elsewhere. Such products included alcoholic drinks made with blood and a plant known as 'quetrine', and clothing made of a light, and fairly soft, material labeled as 'busera'.

"Not unless you attack me first, no." Gash offered her hand to help Miia up, since she was still laying face down on the floor apparently. "This is some other universe called 'Canada'. It's bullshit. There aren't even any giant monsters."

Lambda was surprised, as most would be, by the snake girl dropping out of nowhere into her office. "Are you alright?"

"I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with this currency. But the numbers don't seem very big." She cleared her throat and hailed a salesman, if any that were there. "Hello?" She asked kindly.

We Are Our Avatars XI

"Heh, yea i'm alright. Thank you." Miia somewhat smiled, happy about these people not placing her head on a spike, while being helped up by Gash. Her strength was impressive, for the Lamia was almost yanked up but luckily didn't get hurt in return.

"Canada? What am I doing in Canada??"

What Miia didn't expect was to witness a blind girl talking to her, asking if she was some kind of 'dragon' which Miia instantly responded with, "Dragon?! No no no, i'm a Lamia .. you know, half girl, half snake- .. W-why are you making clicking noises with your tongue ....?" Miia started to wonder, sort of weirded out but curious.

Dalahar had a fully charged volkite weapon along with two power cells for reloads. A bolt pistol with the two reserve magazines, 3 frag grenades, 2 Krak Grenades, a power dagger and an anthame dagger. On his hip was a canister of phosphex hoping he would never have to use the dreaded crawling death ever again.
His seals that bound his oaths to his armour were cast gold. They meant nothing anymore and so began prying them off with the power dagger, age old paper tumbled to the floor as each seal came free.

Anik wondered how often she would have to explain it, but still explained what she did to the Lamia:

"It's creating echoes, and I can hear shapes with that ... I hope this makes any sense to you. Umm ... feel free to ask more if you don't understand.
But I don't think I have heard of a Lamia before. Were you always this way?"

A young woman, human in appearance with dark hair and light brown skin, approached Shana. "How can I help?" she asked, her voice having a more Francophone accent than the guards.

Viyang considered what Nina had said, then stood up. "Perhaps seeing more of this world will lead to your memories and thoughts becoming clearer." she suggested.

"So that's why you were clicking! I thought you were doing some magic shit." Gash suddenly said to Anik.

She shrugged at Miia. "I dunno. We all just ended up here somehow. All I know is that this 'Canada' place is fucking boring as hell."

Dalahar offered one of the gold seals to Shane. "Here." He said. "Should be worth something, I'll keep the other for when I see the others"

"Yeah," Edward added, "I need to check out this place anyway for my 'real job'," he finger quotes. After which he heads to the exist. Before setting his foot outside, he beckons Nina with his big 'ol hunk of metal and asks: "Want to join?"

"How generous. Thank you very much." Shana said to Tresh.

She turned to the clerk.
"We just had a few questions since we just arrived through the portal. One is, what is the name of the currency here? And two, is there a shop, including this one, that might be able to trade old trinkets for cash?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 190 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked