All Characters Welcome: The Pub ver 3.0 Meta RP and Character Workshop (Always Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Jack had been accosted by what he had thought for a moment was a super mutant - West Coast, not East Coast - when somebody else talking to it had corrected him as he introduced himself to the world as Ugolik, One of the champions of the Mighty Horde, slayer of Old Gods, Black Dragons, and The Burning Legion...as well as a drinker of milk. He didn't want to interrupt the guy while he was on a roll, so with with a smile - Jack ordered.

Jack: Hey, could I have an Atomic Cocktail? Thanks.

Finally, when Ugolik was not excessively busy, he re-approached the not-a-super-mutant and spoke up.

"So, you were asking me about my pads? Yeah, it doesn't work that way where I'm from. Shoulder pads come standard, because it's armor. The suit itself is sort of a gift for going beyond all expectations of my group, though. I guess that makes uhh...the whole thing my 'pads'? I DID fight alot of battles."

Godric's ears perked up. "Old Gods?" He popped up next to Hissy and placed his hands under his head. "I was not told of Old Gods. This sounds like an opportunity for my order." He waved for Hissy to continue.

Ugolik quickly chuck down his drink like it was nothing. "The Old Gods." He said what is surprisingly calm tone. "Minions of the Void, They have no mercy, no affection, no humanity. They plan to destroy all life and turning into its perverted Paradise. I fought the weak one but their true power, and the void is Inconceivable. The best we can do is hold them off and keep them from rising again." He then We called some of the voices He heard fighting them.

"So, you were asking me about my pads? Yeah, it doesn't work that way where I'm from. Shoulder pads come standard, because it's armor. The suit itself is sort of a gift for going beyond all expectations of my group, though. I guess that makes uhh...the whole thing my 'pads'? I DID fight alot of battles."

"A shell shocked veteran icy? He said as he patted Jack on the back. "Your world seem very different from mine But all orcs can appreciate massive Shoulder pads" He then shoved his drink of evil sewage in front of him. "Prove your manhood and drink up"

Ugolik Was far too busy with his shenanigans to notice what was going on behind him with coment

"A shell shocked veteran icy? He said as he patted Jack on the back. "Your world seem very different from mine But all orcs can appreciate massive Shoulder pads" He then shoved his drink of evil sewage in front of him. "Prove your manhood and drink up"

Ugolik Was far too busy with his shenanigans to notice what was going on behind him with coment

"Yeah, where I come from, the gods are more or less focused on Umusion. They don't really care about the rest of the people outside the country, so long as their precious center of worship remains intact." He kicked his feet up onto the table. "We also don't have giant shoulder pads like those where I come from. He took a swig from his glass.
"Back on topic, concerning Old Gods, I find myself considering how exactly the Pantheon separated the Damnation from the mortal world, and if it would be possible to repeat the process on your Void. For a price, of course, I might be able to find a few archbishops who would be willing to beseech the Pantheon for their aid."

The Arbiter shifted to the side as the two loud space-Americans brusquely took up the seats beside him, giving them a reproachful look. One of them looked dangerously UNSC...

"Serving man." he said, rapping his knuckles on the table. "Cranberry juice and a bowl of pretzels, if you will."

The harried barkeep raised an eyebrow at the alien, fetching a jug from a bucket of ice. "An Arbiter, eh? Seen a few of you come in that door over the years. Forgive me, I still struggle sometimes telling apart the less humanoid customers; have we met before?"

"I don't know." the Arbiter answered honestly. "I too have difficulty distinguishing humans. Most that I meet, I kill."

"Fair enough." said the bartender, pouring a cool glass of juice and sliding it over to the alien.

"Thanks." said the Arbiter. "I can tell you, though, that I have never in my life seen this place."

"If you haven't been here before, then we haven't met."
The bartender stooped beneath the bartop, retrieving the requested bowl of pretzels.
"As I said though, very familiar with you rank and lineage. Very respectable individuals, all."

The Arbiter grunted bitterly, taking one of the twisted bands of crunchy salt-bread and crushing it in his four mandibles. "Most, perhaps. Were it so easy..."

Somehow, during this conversation about shoulder pads, Jack got passed a tankard of this...uhhh...strange unearthly brew. His nosehairs stood on end just by being near it, and he felt his ears twitch. At a guess, he'd say that Radaway and Rad-X wouldn't help during this encounter, and that neither would Mentats, Buffout, or even Bufftats...which is fine, because he wasn't into drugs. It's just that Doctor-18 insisted on giving Fallout Sector members a pair of falsa back teeth filled with these wonder drugs in case of severe emergency. He didn't have any because they were married.

Jack: I gotta ask, before I down this whatever-it-is is there's an Ork around whose pads are so big that he's about ready to fall over. And with that said...

He raised the drink.

Jack: Bear you're huggin'.

And drank.

Lasiel sighed, the expression on her face a mix of disappointment and apathy. "Wow, I'm not sure what'ss more... moronic. All that fuss over a beverage, or the entrance of Blood Edge and the Cosmic Comic." she said, chuckling a little at their grand display.

All the while keeping an ear open to the conversations around her. The orc's tale of these "old gods" certainly caught her attention. She decided to open the conversation with:

"... You managed to down ssuch a beasst?" she said, mostly in amazement, and otherwise in disbelief.

"Hm... I would like to believe you, but ssurely there are great conssequences for slaying a god? The last I recall, the death of a god in my realm caused the sspellplague to sweep over all Toril..." she said and admittedly as engaging as this conversation was, she could hardly ignore the rest of the gathering.

The Arbiter in particular caught her attention. Most around the table were at least fairly open to conversation, if not actively engaging in it. "Pardon, but I... I think I'll take a sseat elsewhere for now" she excused herself from the conversation with Ugolik. Let's be fairly honest, if he was telling the truth... well, holding a conversation with one strong enough to slay those of godly power is... an intimidating idea.

She took up her drink and went to sit next to the Arbiter, figuring at least to open the conversation with "Firsst time here? I can say the ssame." she asked, tipping back her glass and actually swallowing this time.

The door to the pub opened once again. Through the opening could be glimpsed a darkening night sky of an unknown world, before this latest patron stepped gingerly through. Casting her head about the space inside, taking in the many bizarrely dressed and eclectic individuals within, she seemed to be sizing them up, before deciding if it was safe to enter and turning back to speak to her unseen companion, just outside the doorway.

"See, told you. This place looks nice enough. Or at least better than most anyway." She now stepped more fully into the establishment, stepping aside to make way for her companion and dropping the hood from her travelling cloak as she did so.

"I still say we'd be better off camping. I could scrounge us up a nice juicy boar in the woods back there. Mmm, raw boar meat, and maybe a squirrel to go with it. Delicious!"

"Eugh, and what am I supposed to do?", Yuna replied, rolling her eyes in exasperation, "We lost our cooking equipment in that... nest, remember? I'm not eating raw boar and squirrels!"

"Who says you're getting any of mine?!", answered the entity known as Borborygmos, ever as hungry as his name implied.

Standing before the entrance now stood the two most unlikely creatures you might expect to find together; Yuna Molor, a tiny redheaded gnomish female, and her lifelong friend and ally, Borborygmos, a four legged, grey furred beast of unknown origin.

Yuna shook her head, not wanting to rise to the obvious bait. Instead she cast her gaze about the room again, her blue and green eyes instinctively looking for whatever mischief this strange new environment might afford.

*Sniff* *Sniff* "I smell food."

"Well of course you do, you're you."

"Can't tell what though, too many smells in the air."

"Ooh, let me try!", She said excitedly, bonding her senses with his without waiting for a reply. "Hey you're right, smells like everything's on the menu!"

"See, I told you this place would be great."

"You did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not."

"Did."

"Look there's a bar right there, let's just go see what's available," She decided, hefting her spear over her shoulder and making her way to a seat at the bar, with Borborygmos following behind. Clambering up onto a nearby stool, her head barely above the bar, she waited patiently to catch the attention of the barkeep, currently busy with some unusual beings further down the table.

Enadar slumped in his seat, his relief as palpable as his sudden exhaustion. The orc seemed to be getting along with the others now. It looked like he wouldn't end up an elf-kabob after all.

"Here." The Bartender set another ale in front of him with preternatural grace. "I believe you asked for another round."

With a tired smile to the departing bartender, Enadar took a large swig of the ale, forgoing his usual "new drink" ritual.

Hoid noticed that no one was paying attention to him and, mock-sulking a little bit, gathered up his game and stowed it away inside his robe. Cheating would have to wait. He started walking around, eavesdropping a little into the different conversations. One of them caught his attention. He turned towards the green-skinned, ugly man who could've used some bracers in his childhood, the blond guy who definitely should have worn a helmet, the fellow person-in-disguise, though clearly much less experienced than him, and the figure who, based on their armour, was probably compensating for something.

"We're talking gods? 'Cause I've got some mileage with them. I was there when Adonalsium died. He split into sixteen different, smaller gods. Some of them are cool, some are... Not. Most of them, on either side, would be happy to see me dead."

He stroked his hair as if thinking for something else to add to the conversation.

"Oh, one of them bought me a drink once!" He paused, just for a second. "Though, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a god back then."

Jack: I gotta ask, before I down this whatever-it-is is there's an Ork around whose pads are so big that he's about ready to fall over. And with that said...

He raised the drink.

Jack: Bear you're huggin'.

And drank.

"Um are you okay?" Ugolik asked as he saw jack tripping balls. "I'll just let you rest for a bit?"

Lasiel sighed, the expression on her face a mix of disappointment and apathy. "Wow, I'm not sure what'ss more... moronic. All that fuss over a beverage, or the entrance of Blood Edge and the Cosmic Comic." she said, chuckling a little at their grand display.

All the while keeping an ear open to the conversations around her. The orc's tale of these "old gods" certainly caught her attention. She decided to open the conversation with:

"... You managed to down ssuch a beasst?" she said, mostly in amazement, and otherwise in disbelief.

"Hm... I would like to believe you, but ssurely there are great conssequences for slaying a god? The last I recall, the death of a god in my realm caused the sspellplague to sweep over all Toril..." she said and admittedly as engaging as this conversation was, she could hardly ignore the rest of the gathering.

"Pardon, but I... I think I'll take a sseat elsewhere for now"

"Not really any consequences at least for some of them. he said as he finally got to his milk "Such Freshness that makes me stronger."

"Yeah, where I come from, the gods are more or less focused on Umusion. They don't really care about the rest of the people outside the country, so long as their precious center of worship remains intact." He kicked his feet up onto the table. "We also don't have giant shoulder pads like those where I come from. He took a swig from his glass.
"Back on topic, concerning Old Gods, I find myself considering how exactly the Pantheon separated the Damnation from the mortal world, and if it would be possible to repeat the process on your Void. For a price, of course, I might be able to find a few archbishops who would be willing to beseech the Pantheon for their aid."

Ugolik put down his drink "If we can kill the void the first thing we need to do is find it. I'll call you if we do maybe we can go raid their dimension together and get sweet loot."

"We're talking gods? 'Cause I've got some mileage with them. I was there when Adonalsium died. He split into sixteen different, smaller gods. Some of them are cool, some are... Not. Most of them, on either side, would be happy to see me dead."

He stroked his hair as if thinking for something else to add to the conversation.

"Oh, one of them bought me a drink once!" He paused, just for a second. "Though, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a god back then."

Ugolik Smashed his cup on the counter. " when you need it I will raid with you if you need these gods crushed."

Cosmic Comet, and Bloodedge looked over to Lasiel who appeared to insult them. "Come on, dude! If you be insultin' me than at least use my proper name. I've got a brand to manage. Though The Cosmic Comic will probably be used if I start a stand-up routine." Comet poured a shot from his bottle of... something that came out like maple syrup, and was colored red, white, and blue.

Meanwhile Bloodedge looked over towards all the people talking about gods while pouring out the same thing as Comet. She tossed her head back and gave out a loud laugh. "Ha! You guys still think there's a God! What are you guys, primitives!" She said pounding her fist on the table and laughing harder before she actually looked around at the bar. "... Wait... Oh shit, I think you guys are primitives. Either you guys are all in bad cosplay, or you guys seriously still use swords as weapons of war! OHOHOHOHO!" She than turned her head towards Jack. "Except you dude, you're pretty cool. Though you're a little out of date."

"Ha! You guys still think there's a God! What are you guys, primitives!" She said pounding her fist on the table and laughing harder before she actually looked around at the bar. "... Wait... Oh shit, I think you guys are primitives. Either you guys are all in bad cosplay, or you guys seriously still use swords as weapons of war! OHOHOHOHO!"

"I have seen them with my own two eyes, I slayed a ton. I was literally meet the Titanforge and became a soldier for one of The most powerful ones oyda, we are constantly attacked by interdimensional demons led by Titan as big as a planet. Gods are real."

Cosmic Comet, and Bloodedge looked over to Lasiel who appeared to insult them. "Come on, dude! If you be insultin' me than at least use my proper name. I've got a brand to manage. Though The Cosmic Comic will probably be used if I start a stand-up routine." Comet poured a shot from his bottle of... something that came out like maple syrup, and was colored red, white, and blue.

"I'll use your proper name when you can be bothered to introduce yoursself the same way as everyone else." She said, clearly unamused by their theatrics.

Meanwhile Bloodedge looked over towards all the people talking about gods while pouring out the same thing as Comet. She tossed her head back and gave out a loud laugh. "Ha! You guys still think there's a God! What are you guys, primitives!" She said pounding her fist on the table and laughing harder before she actually looked around at the bar. "... Wait... Oh shit, I think you guys are primitives. Either you guys are all in bad cosplay, or you guys seriously still use swords as weapons of war! OHOHOHOHO!" She than turned her head towards Jack. "Except you dude, you're pretty cool. Though you're a little out of date."

"... Your humility asstounds..." Lasiel said, rolling her eyes. "I'd be careful where you blasspheme, and even more careful who's choice of arms you inssult. Jusstine here is a fine blade, and a precious possession of mine. We're all being civil, but none of uss here are really friends so to sspeak. No sskin off my nose if you get rowdy when drunk, but don't pick fightss you won't want to finish." She says, though while she finished that "threat" she stuck out her tongue and hissed nonchalantly, chuckling as she tipped back another drink of... whatever it was she had been ordered.

First, Hoid turned to the green guy, and said,

"You... You barely even know me. You should be more discerning as to what matters you poke your nose in, ugly as it may be. Besides, I don't want them dead. Who will I annoy otherwise?"

He then turned towards the loud, obnoxious soldier. He held both arms raised to his sides, and light began to weave around him, forming fourteen distinct figures, roughly the size of his hands, each a particular colour, which began circling him. Some of them appeared humanoid, with an aura of power surging around them, while a few others had different shapes. Some seemed shapeless, nothing but a storm of splinters. Two of the figures had two colours. One was shaped like a person, while the other was splinters, each of the two colours swirling furiously against the others. If you watched closely, you would notice that each of the colours in his robe corresponded to the colour of one of the figures.

"I have seen them, I have spoken with them, I have annoyed them to no end. One of them once bought me a drink. If you do not believe in gods and magic, then tell me, how do you explain this?"

Bloodedge laughed again at all the people talking about gods again. "Gosh, primitives." She slammed down another shot to punctuate her statement before first turning attention towards this Hoid guy showing off a little light show to her. "Neat little light show, dude. If I was better as a psionic, I could do it too." She took out the sword hilt from her waist. In a matter of seconds a thin translucent blue blade came from it as she held it. The blade looked similar to a European broadsword which she held in both hands. "To anyone who doesn't know how this works. It appears to be magic. However it is simply the manipulation of electrical energy to form a blade. About one in every million humans have a specific gene which allows them to manipulate this energy with their mind. Some weaker, some stronger. It's not magic, it's science. Same thing could be said about your gods. You just don't know how they work yet." She said in a smug 'checkmate' style of tone.
She then turned towards the orc. "And as for you, I don't think something really qualifies as a god if they can be so easily defeated."
Comet piped up at this point being distracted by his conversation with Lasiel for a second. "Hey, that ain't true, daddio. The Norse gods all got riggidy wrekt at the end of their myths. Those home boys didn't even have eternal youth. They had to eat golden apples."
Bloodedge scratched her chin. "... Fair enough."
"Yeah! Random mythlogy trivia high-five!" Bloodedge gave a beleaguered high-five back to the far too enthusiastic Comet.
Comet than turned his attention to Lasiel. "Hey, dude. First off, there's no need for insultin' my bro here. She's a little rough around the edges, but there's ain't need for spittin' fire at her. Anyway, brah. It's actually important you use my name. It's illegal to use any other name for me because the man says I don't own it! Again, brand recognition, you groovy cat! If The Man assigned that copyright to someone, and they find out some cats are calling me dat. Than The Man will come down on me harder than an orbital drop ship landing on me. Liable to get a bounty hunter sent after me like my friend here."

She took up her drink and went to sit next to the Arbiter, figuring at least to open the conversation with "Firsst time here? I can say the ssame." she asked, tipping back her glass and actually swallowing this time.

"I'll use your proper name when you can be bothered to introduce yoursself the same way as everyone else." She said, clearly unamused by their theatrics.

"... Your humility asstounds..." Lasiel said, rolling her eyes. "I'd be careful where you blasspheme, and even more careful who's choice of arms you inssult. Jusstine here is a fine blade, and a precious possession of mine. We're all being civil, but none of uss here are really friends so to sspeak. No sskin off my nose if you get rowdy when drunk, but don't pick fightss you won't want to finish." She says, though while she finished that "threat" she stuck out her tongue and hissed nonchalantly, chuckling as she tipped back another drink of... whatever it was she had been ordered.

"Hmmm..." Arbiter growled, his protruding perhensile head twisting to follow the suspicious space marine, now obviously a conduit of atheist lies. "Egregious heresy."
He looked back down at the serpent woman. She looked inhuman enough to not bring righteous bile to his mouth.
"Yes, my first time." he told her. "I came here after my... Remedial trial. This place seemed to sense that I was looking for a moment's reprieve, and so I am here."

Edit:

Comet than turned his attention to Lasiel. "Hey, dude. First off, there's no need for insultin' my bro here. She's a little rough around the edges, but there's ain't need for spittin' fire at her. Anyway, brah. It's actually important you use my name. It's illegal to use any other name for me because the man says I don't own it! Again, brand recognition, you groovy cat! If The Man assigned that copyright to someone, and they find out some cats are calling me dat. Than The Man will come down on me harder than an orbital drop ship landing on me. Liable to get a bounty hunter sent after me like my friend here."

The Arbiter was interupted by the annoying loud human leaning across him. He folded his arms and stared pointedly at him, drumming the fingers on one hand against his ornate Arbiter armour.

Bloodedge laughed again at all the people talking about gods again. "Gosh, primitives." She slammed down another shot to punctuate her statement before first turning attention towards this Hoid guy showing off a little light show to her. "Neat little light show, dude. If I was better as a psionic, I could do it too." She took out the sword hilt from her waist. In a matter of seconds a thin translucent blue blade came from it as she held it. The blade looked similar to a European broadsword which she held in both hands. "To anyone who doesn't know how this works. It appears to be magic. However it is simply the manipulation of electrical energy to form a blade. About one in every million humans have a specific gene which allows them to manipulate this energy with their mind. Some weaker, some stronger. It's not magic, it's science. Same thing could be said about your gods. You just don't know how they work yet." She said in a smug 'checkmate' style of tone.
She then turned towards the orc. "And as for you, I don't think something really qualifies as a god if they can be so easily defeated."

Bloodedge gave a beleaguered high-five back to the far too enthusiastic Comet.
"Hmmm..." Arbiter growled, his protruding perhensile head twisting to follow the suspicious space marine, now obviously a conduit of atheist lies. "Egregious heresy."
He looked back down at the serpent woman. She looked inhuman enough to not bring righteous bile to his mouth.
"Yes, my first time." he told her. "I came here after my... Remedial trial. This place seemed to sense that I was looking for a moment's reprieve, and so I am here."

Lasiel stayed quiet for a little while, before she sighed, put a couple of fingers to her forehead, and responded first to Bloodedge and Comet. "And I ssuppose you do, hmn? You do know how to explain it all? If so, how could you explain the "magicss" in my home world? Magics like... oh, I sseem to be lacking examples. Afraid the sspellplague is to blame for that. When our god of magic was sslain, silvery blue fire enveloped much of the land, earthquakes the like the world had never sseen before, and other horrific events took place. In their wake, all of our "magic" artifacts from the era before sstopped working, and unnatural powers beyond their ken or control were besstowed on the "spellsscarred." If you can explain that, you're centuries ahead of mosst scholars on the subject. Magic is a sstrange thing to me as well, but I've seen it." She huffed.

"I live in a monesstary. A lesson from my teachers: Wisdom and intelligence are two very different things. A genius who dissmisses what lies outside their expertise... is sstill a fool." she concluded, before turning her attention to the Arbiter.

"... I'm not entirely sure what to believe when it comes to divinity. Ssomething is out there, too many miracles have I sseen to doubt so. They waltz in here, call us primitive, all while acting a bit barbaric themsselves." She said, rubbing her chin.

"You carry yourself with a bit more dignity... if it's not too much to pry, whatever would you be on trial for?"

The Enclave agent stood there, vibrating slightly.

Jack: Sure, man. Just...tell me what year it is.

JACK-O-VISION:

Hoid cocked his head at the woman. She seemed to know a fair bit about magic, and yet, for some reason, she considered magic and science opposing forces, one disproving the other, rather than the two being inevitably intertwined. It was puzzling.

"You seem to think, for some reason, that magic can't have rules, scientific rules. That, I am afraid, is where you're wrong. Allow me to demonstrate."

The images surrounding him fell away. He raised one hand, palm facing upward, and rays of light seemed to start emitting from it. "What I'm doing here is called Lightweaving," he began. "In simple terms, I am channelling Investiture - that's the universal term for the force of creation, by the way - through my body, in order to manipulate light. I can then use this to create all sort of illusions," the light twisted, forming a small version of himself, sticking out his tongue. "Disguises," the light revolved around him, settling into the shape of a heavy-looking cloak, that hid his face in shadows. "Or even to make things invisible." He sat down on a chair, which promptly vanished, making it appear as though he was floating in thin air. "There are many, many different types of Investiture, and they can be used for a myriad of different effects. And there's more going on in the background - stuff like Shardic History, Realmatic Theory, that kind of thing - but I don't want to bore you with the details. Besides, I've never been a good teacher. I'm more of a storyteller. If you really want an in-depth explanation, you should go talk to Khriss sometime. She dedicates her life to this. Hell, she understands it even better than me."

He stood, dropping his illusions. He walked straight up to her, and said,

"However, well-understood rules or not, it's still magic. It's magic because in most universes, and this just popped into my mind when I walked into this pub, people can't do that sort of things. It's a break from the multiverse's laws of physics, and so is your little energy control. If you want to call your magic "Seonics", or whatever, that's perfectly fine. It's still magic, and it won't stop being magic just because you don't like the way the word sounds."

"... I'm not entirely sure what to believe when it comes to divinity. Ssomething is out there, too many miracles have I sseen to doubt so. They waltz in here, call us primitive, all while acting a bit barbaric themsselves." She said, rubbing her chin.

"You carry yourself with a bit more dignity... if it's not too much to pry, whatever would you be on trial for?"

The Arbiter set down his cranberry juice.
"I was responsible for the protection of a most holy relic; Halo. A sacred ring the size of a planet left behind by our gods, the Forerunners. Now I am no great scholar, I was trained with the sword rather than the tongue. I could not do Halo justice with my meagre words... But it was of great importance to the Great Journey that our holy Covenant walks."
The Arbiter scratched at the neck of his breatplate, wincing.
"But the ring also held foul secrets. A parasite, sealed away by our lords, was inadvertently unleashed by soldiers under my command. We were already at war with the humans, unprepared for such abominations to be sown among our own ranks. In the chaos that followed, a demon bred for war by humanity slipped my grasp. He destroyed Halo."
The Arbiter paused a moment, looking down at his itching hand as though he hadn't realised what it was doing. He set it back on the bar and took a sip of his juice.
"I was accused of heresy for my incompetance, branded with the Mark of Shame, and sentenced by our holy council of prophets to be hung by my entrails, and my corpse paraded through the city of High Charity."

"Magic can cover a lot of things for us but I can bring someone who can use the light." Ugolik then turned to Jack. "It's may help a friend over there." he said as he pointed at the person tripping balls. He then got out a magical device pressed a few buttons. "Okay she should be he..

"Hello Ugolik!" someone screamed out as the door swung wide open. "and hello you beautiful people." It looks like a zombie wearing a robe.

"What can I do for you big green!" She said with her decayed smile.

"Can you help my friend over there first of all?" he said pointing to Jack.

The Enclave agent stoof there, vibrating slightly.

Jack: Sure, man. Just...tell me what year it is.

JACK-O-VISION:

"Righto" She said as she used her Holy Healing on jack. Her hands lit up as Jack started to glow

Bloodedge started talking to Lasiel. "No, I don't know how to explain it. That doesn't make it magic though. That just means that it has not been explained. And magic by it's nature cannot be proved, or disproved because it's something supernatural, or paranormal. If could be explained than it would just be natural. In my world people said all sorts of things were magic, and were shown to have a totally natural explanation. The Aether, fortune-telling, alchemy, witchcraft, the gods, faith healing, the list goes on. All just ordinary everyday explanations for any of their apparent feats." She then turned her attention towards the man in the robe, and his light show. "My PSI-ON-ICS! Does not break any laws of physics. In fact it would be impossible without them. I manipulate electromagnetism with my body, the electric eel was in fact the first psionic. Which is definitely not magic. Either way, psionics, and magic even if it was real are always beat by technology any day of the week. I can do all of your tricks that you've shown so far with a hologram projector, and a cloaking field." She knocked back another one of her drinks, and then slammed one of her fists against the other. "Speaking of beatings. Anybody up for a round of Mixed Martial Arts? All this conversation is getting me bored, and I haven't had a good bare knuckle fight in months!"

Meanwhile Comet usually oblivious seemed to notice the Arbiter's negative signals he was giving him... And more over his negative opinion of humanity. He stood on his chair before squatting to about the same height as the Arbiter. "Well hey, Buddo! What's so bad about humanity! I for one think we're kind of the coolest kids on the block. You just said that the cool cat that destroyed the disease was a human himself. Ain't no reason to be illin on other species, dude. We could all just work together. If you be askin' me than I think that the other guys you were with seemed to be most unradical, homie. They up, and tried to kill you for not winning against impossible odds, against something you couldn't possibly have known about. Now, I think your a cool guy. You look like your out of some old timey videogame! There's an old saying among my people that goes 'make peace, not war'. Now come on, high-five!" Comet held out his hand for a high-five towards the arbiter.

It seemed things were getting pretty rowdy. Yuna heard a cup being smashed, and a gathering of individuals nearby seemed to be having an argument about gods and magic not being real. Mostly, one particular loud mouth seemed to be having some extreme denial of anything other than his own powers. Yuna just shook her head in disbelief that someone could be so blind; how could anyone think magic did not exist? She herself could show off her own powers to prove the point, but it would probably be a wasted effort.

"Hmm, service here is terrible", Borborygmos said, standing up on his hind legs to lean over the bar, his clawed front legs scratching deep into the wood, "where's my food at?"

"Borbie!", Yuna scolded him, "Stop destroying the furniture! You'll get us thrown out before we even get to eat."

"I would never do such a thing!", he replied, aghast at the very thought of going hungry, even as he absent-mindedly gouged another deep mark into the wooden tabletop, a spark of lightning zapping along his limbs with a sound of thunder.

"You are right though. Hmm, hang on." Yuna clicked her finger, a small spark of purplish energy crackling through the air as she cast an Enlarge Humanoid spell on herself, swiftly growing in size large enough to get a proper look over the bar for the barkeep. "Excuse me, could we get something to eat and drink please?"

"Ah yes, apologies," The barkeep said, finally noticing Yuna as he cast a wary eye over the hulking mass of fur next to her, "What can I get for you?"

"Hmm, I'd like whatever house ale you have, and mayb-"

"I will take a selection of your finest meats, as many different creatures as you can!", Borborygmos announced, cutting her off, licking his lips in anticipation.

"Borbie! Don't be rude!", she scolded again, before turning back to the bartender, "Sorry about him, he's harmless enough, but he has no manners. Seriously though, feed him. Quickly." Her expression turned very serious at that last part, but turned mischievous again as she throw a subtle wink at Borborygmos.

"Of course," The bartender replied, "did you also want something to eat ma'am?"

"Oh yes, I'll take some stew, if you have any. Something with vegetables and meat, been a long day, I'm almost as hungry as him now."

Their orders placed, Yuna took another glance around the room again as her Enlarge spell wore off, checking to see if the loudmouth arguing about magic had come to blows with anyone yet, but the conversation seemed to have settled down somewhat.

"Wow, what a wierd place."

Bloodedge started talking to Lasiel. "No, I don't know how to explain it. That doesn't make it magic though. That just means that it has not been explained. And magic by it's nature cannot be proved, or disproved because it's something supernatural, or paranormal. If could be explained than it would just be natural. In my world people said all sorts of things were magic, and were shown to have a totally natural explanation. The Aether, fortune-telling, alchemy, witchcraft, the gods, faith healing, the list goes on. All just ordinary everyday explanations for any of their apparent feats." She then turned her attention towards the man in the robe, and his light show. "My PSI-ON-ICS! Does not break any laws of physics. In fact it would be impossible without them. I manipulate electromagnetism with my body, the electric eel was in fact the first psionic. Which is definitely not magic. Either way, psionics, and magic even if it was real are always beat by technology any day of the week. I can do all of your tricks that you've shown so far with a hologram projector, and a cloaking field." She knocked back another one of her drinks, and then slammed one of her fists against the other. "Speaking of beatings. Anybody up for a round of Mixed Martial Arts? All this conversation is getting me bored, and I haven't had a good bare knuckle fight in months!"

Meanwhile Comet usually oblivious seemed to notice the Arbiter's negative signals he was giving him... And more over his negative opinion of humanity. He stood on his chair before squatting to about the same height as the Arbiter. "Well hey, Buddo! What's so bad about humanity! I for one think we're kind of the coolest kids on the block. You just said that the cool cat that destroyed the disease was a human himself. Ain't no reason to be illin on other species, dude. We could all just work together. If you be askin' me than I think that the other guys you were with seemed to be most unradical, homie. They up, and tried to kill you for not winning against impossible odds, against something you couldn't possibly have known about. Now, I think your a cool guy. You look like your out of some old timey videogame! There's an old saying among my people that goes 'make peace, not war'. Now come on, high-five!" Comet held out his hand for a high-five towards the arbiter.

The Arbiter closed his eyes a moment. Several times throughout the multiple interruptions from Comet and Bloodedge he tried to get in the crucial point of his story; that he had NOT in fact been hung by his entrails and paraded through the city, his sentense instead commuted to being bestowed the mantel of the Arbiter. A suicidal, though highly honoured position at the forefront of the Covenant's Great Journey.
But with this human imbecile yapping heresy into his ear however, the moment was lost.
The Arbiter looked at Comet.
"Are you drunk or just stupid, human?" he demanded, holding up his clenched fist. "I have only three fingers on each hand!"

Comet looked at the arbiter for a second... Then his drink. Then to himself... He did this about three more times before holding up his drink, and shouting "BOTH!" He took another shot. "Yeah, but you see dude... I have..." He stopped to count his fingers. "... Five fingers so I can't do a high-three. So I just decided to have a metaphorical high-five. The meaning is the same, brah! It's not important, it's just a show of companionship. Cause I think your most bodacious! So come on... High-five, three, whatever... Don't leave me hanging, man. It's getting awkward." Comet had his hand up for a high-five throughout all of this.

Their orders placed, Yuna took another glance around the room again as her Enlarge spell wore off, checking to see if the loudmouth arguing about magic had come to blows with anyone yet, but the conversation seemed to have settled down somewhat.

"Wow, what a wierd place."

"Indeed, were one not sso prepared, a place like thiss could drive one mad," came a reply. The speaker was hard to locate at first, but the hooded and cloaked spectre at a able nearby had swung it's hood her way. "Well met, little caster. There iss a lot of noise and thunder where the Godss are concerned, but sstorms pass, and always will."
Like a cloud itself, the voluminous form of the dark robed being glided slowly over to the two."I mean not to be rude, but your familiar is as no animal I have ever seen in my travels..."

Enadar slumped in his seat, his relief as palpable as his sudden exhaustion. The orc seemed to be getting along with the others now. It looked like he wouldn't end up an elf-kabob after all.

"Here." The Bartender set another ale in front of him with preternatural grace. "I believe you asked for another round."

With a tired smile to the departing bartender, Enadar took a large swig of the ale, forgoing his usual "new drink" ritual.

"Well done, Enadar," the Sage whispered." You not only diffused the situation, but did so from a position of peace and not confrontation, and assessed that the target of your ssuggestions is a far more reasonable entity than as first appeared. Well met, indeed! " Gently the Sage once again took a sip from the pulsing and fuming fluted glass, it's hood tilting to scan the tavern's depths. "Hold, but a moment, good elf, for I believe I sense yet another with magic flowing in their veins, and the scent of a most unusual travelling companion..."

An with that, the shadowy form slid out of it's seat and began to drift over to a nearby table, where a gnome and some sort of furred beast were waiting.

"Indeed, were one not sso prepared, a place like thiss could drive one mad," came a reply. The speaker was hard to locate at first, but the hooded and cloaked spectre at a able nearby had swung it's hood her way. "Well met, little caster. There iss a lot of noise and thunder where the Godss are concerned, but sstorms pass, and always will."

Yuna look around at the speaker, her eyes falling upon the snake-like being who seemed almost to glide across the room towards her. Her perky demeanor dropped slightly at his serpentine features, recalling the craven beings who lived beyond her homelands boarders, but upon further inspection she deduced that this entity shared little in common with their murderous kind.

"Greetings. Well, I don't know much about gods honestly. I suspect they probably exist, but where I come from their are so many people worshiping so many deities I tend to lose track of them all. Best leave it to others to divine their natures I feel, and steer clear of the less nice ones."

Like a cloud itself, the voluminous form of the dark robed being glided slowly over to the two."I mean not to be rude, but your familiar is as no animal I have ever seen in my travels..."

"He's... not from around here. Wherever here is anyway," Yuna answered, with ever growing certainty that this place she found herself in was no ordinary space. In fact she was starting to seriously suspect it of being outside her own plane entirely. "In fact...", she continued, a quick snap of her finger enhancing her awareness of the magical energies around her, her eyes briefly alighting with arcane power, "I'm pretty sure no-one is from around here, are they?" Her eyes fell back to the entity before her, her Detect Magic cantrip almost overwhelmed by the sheer presence of the caster before her, "including yourself, sorcerer?"

At this point, their meals arrived, and Borborygmos immediately jumped into his feast, ripping great chunks of meat from the bone with ruthless efficiency. Yuna grabbed up a spoon and turned to her meal. "Oh, I'm Yuna by the way," She said between mouthfuls, "and this is Borborygmos."

"He's... not from around here. Wherever here is anyway," Yuna answered, with ever growing certainty that this place she found herself in was no ordinary space. In fact she was starting to seriously suspect it of being outside her own plane entirely. "In fact...", she continued, a quick snap of her finger enhancing her awareness of the magical energies around her, her eyes briefly alighting with arcane power, "I'm pretty sure no-one is from around here, are they?" Her eyes fell back to the entity before her, her Detect Magic cantrip almost overwhelmed by the sheer presence of the caster before her, "including yourself, sorcerer?"

"Ssorceror is s good a description as any, may it please you," the shadowy form replied.

At this point, their meals arrived, and Borborygmos immediately jumped into his feast, ripping great hiunks of meat from the bone with ruthless efficiency. Yuna grabbed up a spoon and turned to her meal. "Oh, I'm Yuna by the way," She said between mouthfuls, "and this is Borborygmos."

"Then well met, Yuna. I am heralded as the Serpent Sage, in the landss of the warm-blooded. When you and your companion are finished your repast, please join us at yon table for libations and talespinning. I would assk you both sooner, and yet," and at this the Sage leans in, close enough for Yuna to get a sense of the reptilian visage shrouded in the dark hood, it's eyes inhuman and yet easily conveying a sense of merriment, "it lookss best not to disturb your feral friend whilst feeding!" and with that, the Sage morphs back to it's original spot, almost as if it had never moved from it's seat by the fire.

Hoid smirked at the "Seonic" woman. He could try to contest the claim that her magic wasn't magic, or that it didn't break any laws of physics, but, honestly, the whole affair was getting pretty boring, pretty quickly. Instead, he simply said,

"I'd take you up on your offer, to see if your technology can beat my magic, but in all honesty, I am quite ineffective when it comes to hurting people. I blame my upbringing." He then turned from her, and looked around, to try to find a conversation in which his presence would be more welcome. Or, at least, not actively unwelcome.

He immediately overheard the tiny girl who would confuse the Alethi to no end, accompanied by a... Thing, talking about how people seemed not to be from around here. Yuna and Borborygmos, apparently. Quickly, Hoid chimed in saying,

"You're right in saying no one's from around. But, furthermore, there's no way anyone could be from around here. I've travelled all over the Cosmere, and I've never seen a place like this. Hell, I've been to Silverlight, and this place is somehow even weirder."

Comet looked at the arbiter for a second... Then his drink. Then to himself... He did this about three more times before holding up his drink, and shouting "BOTH!" He took another shot. "Yeah, but you see dude... I have..." He stopped to count his fingers. "... Five fingers so I can't do a high-three. So I just decided to have a metaphorical high-five. The meaning is the same, brah! It's not important, it's just a show of companionship. Cause I think your most bodacious! So come on... High-five, three, whatever... Don't leave me hanging, man. It's getting awkward." Comet had his hand up for a high-five throughout all of this.

The Arbiter snarled, a hint of that righteous bile gurgling in the back of his throat, and proceeded to backhand Comet's palm away from his personal space.
"Begone, odious and incredibly annoying scum of humanity!"

Comet looked disappointed, but put his hand back regardless. "Not a physical contact guy, I see. That's fine, dude. I'm very respectful of personal boundaries. You've got to be when you're a cool swinger like yours truly!" He said puffing out his collar again. "I don't exactly know what's up with you, but let me tell you. There is no reason to be throwing around insults here. Do you have something to talk about, my man? Because I'm sure we can talk about it over a nice drink or two... You smoke? I smoke. Would you like a smoke, I have a very nice collection of smokeable drugs if you would like to try any." Comet opened up a small cigarette case with the words 'Don Quixote E-cigs. Chasing the windmills of better flavor, and pricing'. In it was as it advertised an e-cigarette, and a collection of small filters. "LSD, Heroin, Oxycontin, Pineapple, Muscle relaxers, Opium, Cherry, Cocaine, Marijuana, Coca-Cola, mescalin, psilocybin, ecstasy, blue raspberry." He said listing off all the filters in a row.

Lasiel was honestly a bit shocked at the Arbiter's reaction. Not so much in that he refused the Cosmic Comet's show of friendship, but in that he just hated humanity. As a whole? Regardless, as the Comet rolled on offering unwholesome material after unwholesome material, she figured now was as good a time as any to be very blunt with the man. Both figuratively and literally.

Stepping in between the Arbiter and Cosmic Comet, she swung Justine around and swung for his head. OH, not so violently. For one thing, she intentionally held Justine backwards so the worst he would really get is a "thwap" on the forehead with the blunt end. If you've ever seen Disney's "The Lion King" the worst she did was act like Rafiki and show him a little "Hakuna Matata" to get the point across.

"I don't think you undersstand... he ssimply doesn't like you. Quit while your ahead, I'd prefer to drink in peace, but if you persisst, I can't guarantee that you'll go by unsscathed. No hard feelings, but I don't think my friend here is in the mood for a "ssmoke." Or a drink, if you offer. Or much anything else. If you resspect personal sspace so much, give him plenty. For your own ssake..."

Comet looked disappointed, but put his hand back regardless. "Not a physical contact guy, I see. That's fine, dude. I'm very respectful of personal boundaries. You've got to be when you're a cool swinger like yours truly!" He said puffing out his collar again. "I don't exactly know what's up with you, but let me tell you. There is no reason to be throwing around insults here. Do you have something to talk about, my man? Because I'm sure we can talk about it over a nice drink or two... You smoke? I smoke. Would you like a smoke, I have a very nice collection of smokeable drugs if you would like to try any." Comet opened up a small cigarette case with the words 'Don Quixote E-cigs. Chasing the windmills of better flavor, and pricing'. In it was as it advertised an e-cigarette, and a collection of small filters. "LSD, Heroin, Oxycontin, Pineapple, Muscle relaxers, Opium, Cherry, Cocaine, Marijuana, Coca-Cola, mescalin, psilocybin, ecstasy, blue raspberry." He said listing off all the filters in a row.

Lasiel was honestly a bit shocked at the Arbiter's reaction. Not so much in that he refused the Cosmic Comet's show of friendship, but in that he just hated humanity. As a whole? Regardless, as the Comet rolled on offering unwholesome material after unwholesome material, she figured now was as good a time as any to be very blunt with the man. Both figuratively and literally.

Stepping in between the Arbiter and Cosmic Comet, she swung Justine around and swung for his head. OH, not so violently. For one thing, she intentionally held Justine backwards so the worst he would really get is a "thwap" on the forehead with the blunt end. If you've ever seen Disney's "The Lion King" the worst she did was act like Rafiki and show him a little "Hakuna Matata" to get the point across.

"I don't think you undersstand... he ssimply doesn't like you. Quit while your ahead, I'd prefer to drink in peace, but if you persisst, I can't guarantee that you'll go by unsscathed. No hard feelings, but I don't think my friend here is in the mood for a "ssmoke." Or a drink, if you offer. Or much anything else. If you resspect personal sspace so much, give him plenty. For your own ssake..."

"Drunkeness and the consumption of narcotics for recreation is dishonourable, and tantamount to heresy." the Arbiter agreed, sipping his juice.

The zombie woman looked at the others arguing "Come on you lovely people don't be angry." She said as she got her staff.

Ugolik suddenly turn into pure terror "Quick find cover!" He screamed before jumping behind the counter tackling the bartender down with him.

"I call this the light of happiness" She said in explosion of pink light engulfed the area. Anyone who was who didn't take cover were suddenly given overwhelming positive emotions, And could think of nothing but lollipops, rainbows and other cute things. It was virtually impossible for any of them to do anything but smile in the creepiest way possible. "Now all of you are happy"

Ugolik popped his head over the counter. "I told you to never do that again, Spelldread."

"But I made them happy" SpellDread said with a puppy dog look.

"You mind controlled them them with the powers of the void, That's not the same thing." Ugolik Yelled in anger

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here