All Characters Welcome: The Pub ver 3.0 Meta RP and Character Workshop (Always Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Jack: Agh! What happened? Where am I? Am I still drinking this stuff? I thought I ordered an Atomic Cocktail.

Just then, the Bartender handed him an Atomic Cocktail.

Jack: Thanks.

He took a sip and was...comparatively fine now.

Jack: So! Enough about me and my suit. What're you guys about?

For now, he had noticed that the boys of The Grand Tour were apparently gone, but that the Stig was still here, putting peannuts to his helmet and letting them fall off.

We should point out that Jack hadn't come out of the bizarre beer-coma at the time of positivity, so he was actually unaffected by it.

Ugolik put down his drink "If we can kill the void the first thing we need to do is find it. I'll call you if we do maybe we can go raid their dimension together and get sweet loot."

"We're talking gods? 'Cause I've got some mileage with them. I was there when Adonalsium died. He split into sixteen different, smaller gods. Some of them are cool, some are... Not. Most of them, on either side, would be happy to see me dead."

He stroked his hair as if thinking for something else to add to the conversation.

"Oh, one of them bought me a drink once!" He paused, just for a second. "Though, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a god back then."

Ugolik Smashed his cup on the counter. " when you need it I will raid with you if you need these gods crushed."

Godric smiled, although his eyes didn't light up as they normally would.

"Like I said, there's a price for my assistance. As enticed as I am by the prospect of new equipment, the archbishops wouldn't be able to beseech gods who refuse to help. The Pantheon is made up of very... self-serving Gods. They only help those who perpetuate the aspects they represent. Prowess, Worship, and things like that. They would only be willing to assist in giving those fighting your Old Ones boons. And, even then, they would only be willing to help if the people worshiped them. Protection of one's investments and all that."

Comet looked disappointed, but put his hand back regardless. "Not a physical contact guy, I see. That's fine, dude. I'm very respectful of personal boundaries. You've got to be when you're a cool swinger like yours truly!" He said puffing out his collar again. "I don't exactly know what's up with you, but let me tell you. There is no reason to be throwing around insults here. Do you have something to talk about, my man? Because I'm sure we can talk about it over a nice drink or two... You smoke? I smoke. Would you like a smoke, I have a very nice collection of smokeable drugs if you would like to try any." Comet opened up a small cigarette case with the words 'Don Quixote E-cigs. Chasing the windmills of better flavor, and pricing'. In it was as it advertised an e-cigarette, and a collection of small filters. "LSD, Heroin, Oxycontin, Pineapple, Muscle relaxers, Opium, Cherry, Cocaine, Marijuana, Coca-Cola, mescalin, psilocybin, ecstasy, blue raspberry." He said listing off all the filters in a row.

Godric turned to Comet. "I'm not a smoker, but I'll take that high five." He raised his hand.

He looked at the cigarettes in the case and tilted his head. "I've never seen cigarette flavors like that. Most people, where I come from, wrap up hallucinogenics in smoking paper, but they usually taste of horse shit and dirt. You would easily make a fortune with different flavors like those."

Hoid blinked a couple of times after the flash of pink light. Noticing the clear effects of emotional Allomancy, or something extremely similar, he instinctively burned copper, shielding himself from it. He turned towards the rotting, human-shaped pile of flesh, and said,

"Hey, I appreciate what you're doing here. Screwing with emotions is always a good way to make things more interesting. I approve. Just, try not to mess with your elders," he finished, winking and jerking a thumb towards himself.

The moment that Comet was hit... He instinctively jumped up to the rafters of the ceiling. Hanging upside down from his legs from one of the support beams. He already brought out both his guns and pointed them down towards the others... He looked just as confused as everyone watching him while he was up there. "Uhh..." He looked around. Noticed what he did, and then had his face become deep red in embarrassment. "... Help. I can't get down."
As if on cue, Bloodedge entered back into the room. Having left to change out of her armour. She reentered the room in a low-cut leather jacket that had a slightly more red tone to it than Comet's. She looked over to Comet, and sighed. "Sorry, he does this all the time. He's like a cat, I swear." She was about to reach up, and get him... When some asshole priest filled her mind with pictures of goddamn puppies. While it might have made others happy, it seemed to just piss her off from a previous jovial attitude. She jumped over several tables in one leap, and forcibly picked her up by the scruff of her collar. "FUCK YOU! I have half a goddamn mind to beat you with in an inch of your life. I fucking spent like 16 years of my life having people saying, I should like shit like that. I'd say that you should kill yourself, but it looks like you've already done that! You zombie looking piece of shit! If you knew what was good for you then you would go hide under a rock, and leave people alone for the rest of your life!"

Meanwhile Comet, still upside down, looked down towards Godric. Due to the current mind-altering light he seemed suddenly less preoccupied, or embarrassed over his current position. He extended an upside down high-five to Godric. "Yeah! That's the spirit, buddy! Also you know it about Don Quixote E-cigs. Genius men they were. They're practically the only thing that anybody uses for drug consumption. They practically cost an arm, and a leg due to luxury taxes, but you can bet that they are worth it."

The zombie woman looked at the others arguing "Come on you lovely people don't be angry." She said as she got her staff.

Ugolik suddenly turn into pure terror "Quick find cover!" He screamed before jumping behind the counter tackling the bartender down with him.

"I call this the light of happiness" She said in explosion of pink light engulfed the area. Anyone who was who didn't take cover were suddenly given overwhelming positive emotions, And could think of nothing but lollipops, rainbows and other cute things. It was virtually impossible for any of them to do anything but smile in the creepiest way possible. "Now all of you are happy"

Ugolik popped his head over the counter. "I told you to never do that again, Spelldread."

"But I made them happy" SpellDread said with a puppy dog look.

"You mind controlled them them with the powers of the void, That's not the same thing." Ugolik Yelled in anger

Lasiel had found cover... more or less. She dove, rolled, and braced herself under/behind an overturned table. For her lack of exceptional musculature, she sure was nimble. Not entirely spared the effects, perhaps for a good ten seconds, the charm spell the zombie woman had cast, in combination with the drinks she'd imbibed made her feel... really, really sleepy. It was a lot warmer here than her monestary in the Storm Horns, which didn't help the cold blooded woman's relaxed state. Well, it did but not in the presently desired way.

Really, for all her willpower, the only thing (thankfully) between Lasiel and a sweet dreaming reverie to last god knows how long... was Bloodedge's not nearly so tame reaction.

She picked up the table she knocked over for cover about halfway through Bloodedge's rant, giving the barkeep an apologetic wince and mouthing ssorry... before she was right behind the Admiral about when Comet spoke up about cigarettes again.

Sighing and putting her hand on the shoulder of the man-handling woman, she spoke "Come now, her intentions were in the right place... your partner up there was likely about to find himsself on the receiving end of a three fingered fisst if he continued a certain converssation. I'm not telling you to let her go, but as vexing as it is, she likely did you a favor... sso it may not be the worsst idea, really." she said, as calmly and diplomatically as she could. Really, she was a bit too "zen" on the subject of having her mind messed with. Had she done this before?

Looking over Bloodedge's shoulder, she did address Spelldread directly "That ssaid... please, refrain from meddling with our minds in future. I won't tolerate it a ssecond time~" she said, in a tone of voice that sounded placed on a thin border between soothing, patronizing, and threatening. Probably more towards the second, patting the zombie on the head as she finished her little speech.

"... You can put her down now." She said to the Admiral. "Bessides, your next round is on me. Peace offering?"

"I just tried to help!" Spelldread Cried as she fell to her knees "I was just trying to make you happy!"

Ugolik looked at Bloodedge in pure rage "I'll give you 10 seconds to apologize before this sword goes up someplace really uncomfortable that rhyme with glass and is probably just as fragile"

Everything would stop as a man in a powersuit - helmet back on now - got in between this whole shebang, seeing a crisis forming. He put his hands up, hands which could have guns in 'em in a flash...but didn't yet. His tone was chill, but authorative.

Jack: Alright, everybody calm down. This is a bar, which definitely means there are ground rules.

He looked at the girl who was trying to 'make people happy'.

Jack: You. No mind control.

He looked at Bloodedge and company.

Jack: You. Don't piss off the green guy in here.

Then, over to Ugolik.

Jack: You. No shafting. I came in here for a nice drink, not to watch some guy get a steel enema.

The zombie woman looked at the others arguing "Come on you lovely people don't be angry." She said as she got her staff.

Ugolik suddenly turn into pure terror "Quick find cover!" He screamed before jumping behind the counter tackling the bartender down with him.

"I call this the light of happiness" She said in explosion of pink light engulfed the area.

Arbiter had his hand half way to his plasma rifle, when suddenly...

Halo.

The sacred ring hung before the Arbiter, one perfect hoop in a sea of star-spangled space. A band of brightness, blissful in its transcendence, resolute in its purpose. The Arbiter's heart ached at the sight of such pure and circular beauty, longed for its embrace.

So captivated was the alien warrior that he could naught but stare, slack-jawed with awe at the vision before him.

"By the Prophets..." he breathed. "O sacred ring of heaven, ignite within me the strength to walk your Great Journey. When your holy wind rushes through the stars, find me worthy, and propell me on the path to salvation. Burn away this heresy that weighs my feet like excrement to be scraped from my boot!"

The Arbiter raised his voice, gesticularing wildly and accidentally spilling his half finished cranberry juice.

Bloodedge looked at the two people yelling at her. She threw up her hands in frustration at everybody. "You guys suck! Can't any of you just throw tables at each other, or something! You are like the worst bar patrons ever! Haven't you heard of bar etiquette! You're supposed to get into fights when shit like this happens! There was even a table flipped. It would have been perfect. But all of you goody two shoes just had to ruin it. Whatever! Bring out the drinks than! If we can't get a bar fight going than we'll have to get a drinking contest than! Arm Wrestling, any sort of competition at this point. Jesus christ, you guys suck at bars. You wouldn't last a day in the bounty hunting buisness."

Comet looked over to the arbiter, and then shouted to... Nobody in particular. "Hey! Hey! The alien dude is acting weird! I think this cat is having some sort of messiah moment like they do in Jerusalem! Also I think that the blood is rushing too my head. We should probably get a doctor for both of those if they go on long enough."

Ugolik Then looked her in the eyes. " why don't you throw the first punch, give me my excuse He said barely restring.

Bloodedge looked at Ugolik like he was an idiot. "Because that would be no fun. The moment is gone, bro. Bar fights have to be acts of passion. You can't escalate a situation, deescalate, and then escalate it again in minutes. It's like getting sloppy seconds, man. And I can tell by the way you look that you probably get a lot of sloppy seconds. OHOHOHOHOHO!"

Meanwhile the Bartender was looking extremely concerned.

Reacting on pure instinct Enadar dove behind the same table as the...nagaji? Was she a nagaji? The word felt wrong for reasons he wasn't inclined to investigate at the moment. For what little good it would do, he draped himself in his cloak to better shield himself from whatever was coming. After a few moments where he decidedly did not get caught in the expected fireball spell, he slowly peeked over the table again. Nothing.

Ok, maybe not "nothing". The weird looking knight was having a fit, the human rogue(?) was hanging happily from the ceiling, the orc was yelling at the knight, and the...whatever it was seemed to be...praying? He sent a confused glance to his shoulder, and felt his stomach drop when he realized it was empty. What happened to Mina?

Enadar scanned the room, equal parts guilty and fearful of what he might see. And then, he felt it. Joy. Mina was fine. In fact, she was more than fine. She was ecstatic and flitting around the room.

Relief quickly gave way to confusion, however. What had gotten into her? Mina was never this happy. Heck, he was never this happy. He was only feeling it by proxy and it was still nearly overwhelming his emotions. It was all he could do not to grin like an idiot. ...Strike that, now it was all he could do not to grin like an idiot. Ok, Enadar, time to put those years of study to use. What could have caused this?

He groans as he comes to an annoying conclusion. "Of all the...Euphoric Tranquility? Really?" Despite his annoyance, he was happily grinning again. Granted, it's a spell he'd want in his repertory, but it wasn't pleasant being on the receiving end...well, ok, it was, but it was the principle of the thing.

Ugolik then spilled the rest of his Thudrud drink on her. "There's your sloppy seconds by the way. OHOHOHOHOHO!" he laughed mockingly

"I'm sorry just calm down". Spelldread asked the two

Bloodedge grimaced. "You bastard! Do you have any idea how much this jacket cost! Probably more than you made in your lifetime!! I'll toss down right here, right now if you keep this up! I've got a black belt in karate from a Krav Manga place! I've beat up people twice your size with only my thumb! I wrestled a bear just to show people that I can! I-" A loud crash to the ground was heard.

Previously in the background, Comet was making his way across the support beam that his legs were supported by. He was still upside down, and reaching for a bottle of alcohol from the top shelf that he could just barely reach.
The bartender looked up at him. "Need any help with that?"
"No, I can do it on my own! Almost got it."
"If you break anything then your paying for it."
"HAHA! I got it." He said, throwing some money to the bartender before he started inching across the rafters again.
"Legs starting to get tired yet?"
"Nah! I'm fine! I'm cool, daddio! I've got this."
"Gonna come down anytime soon?"
"I will... I just don't feel like it at the moment."
"M'kay. I'll put down this pillow for you if you ever want to." The Bartender put a pillow down ten feet away from the shelf.
Comet painfully inched across the rafters. Getting farther, and farther away from the shelf. He was just about to get to that nice, soft pillow which would give him a soft landing. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five fe-And his legs suddenly gave out. From the floor, Comet gave a thumbs up. "Could have bothered to move that a little more close, dude."

Meanwhile in the present. "I-have to go help my friend. Hold that thought for a bit." Bloodedge leaped over a bunch of tables (This time just to look cool.) and went over to Comet.

Amidst the chaos generally preoccupying the pubs' patrons, it would be understandable for another to enter and think they went unnoticed... As much as someone with golden eyes perpetually glowing and their left arm on fire could possibly be unnoticed anyway.

Sera takes a few steps aside to ensure she doesn't get her tail trapped in the door, before she takes in the scene unfolding.

"This... is definitely a place worth investigating a bit." She says to nobody in particular, single handedly straightening her jacket before moving for the least occupied part of the room.

Previously in the background, Comet was making his way across the support beam that his legs were supported by. He was still upside down, and reaching for a bottle of alcohol from the top shelf that he could just barely reach.
The bartender looked up at him. "Need any help with that?"
"No, I can do it on my own! Almost got it."
"If you break anything then your paying for it."
"HAHA! I got it." He said, throwing some money to the bartender before he started inching across the rafters again.
"Legs starting to get tired yet?"
"Nah! I'm fine! I'm cool, daddio! I've got this."
"Gonna come down anytime soon?"
"I will... I just don't feel like it at the moment."
"M'kay. I'll put down this pillow for you if you ever want to." The Bartender put a pillow down ten feet away from the shelf.
Comet painfully inched across the rafters. Getting farther, and farther away from the shelf. He was just about to get to that nice, soft pillow which would give him a soft landing. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five fe-And his legs suddenly gave out. From the floor, Comet gave a thumbs up. "Could have bothered to move that a little more close, dude."

The Arbiter gave a start as Comet crashed to the floor, head twisting back and forth on his long, prehensile neck. He saw the human lying like an idiot on the floor, and snorted derisively. Then he noticed his spilt drink.
"Oh." he grunted sadly, meeting the barkeep's eyes with a valliant modicum of dignity. "Apologies, serving man.
The barkeep shrugged, pulling a cloth from the front of his apron as he walked over.
"It's only juice. At least with that I won't need to crack out the turpentine. Can I get you a replacement?"
The Arbiter sighed brusquely, rubbing his eyes. The Halo illusion had seemed so real...
"Gin and tonic, if you please." he heresied.

"Then well met, Yuna. I am heralded as the Serpent Sage, in the landss of the warm-blooded. When you and your companion are finished your repast, please join us at yon table for libations and talespinning. I would assk you both sooner, and yet," and at this the Sage leans in, close enough for Yuna to get a sense of the reptilian visage shrouded in the dark hood, it's eyes inhuman and yet easily conveying a sense of merriment, "it lookss best not to disturb your feral friend whilst feeding!"

"Haha, you may be right about that. Honestly, though, he's mostly harmless, unless I tell him not to be. But yes, we'll most certainly take you up on the offer as soon as we're done, thank you."

and with that, the Sage morphs back to it's original spot, almost as if it had never moved from it's seat by the fire.

"Well, he seemed nice enough," Yuna said turning back to Borborygmos, downing another mouthful of stew as she did, "little creepy though." She dropped her voice slightly as she continued, switching to the current Protean dialect and said, "He has power too that one, might be worth seeing what he knows. Could be a valuable source of information."

"Are we after more allies here? I thought we were staying solo, after the last group we were in..."

"There are two of us Borb, we were never a solo. But yes, I get your meaning and no, I'm not looking to recruit. We'd be better off alone from here, as it should have been from the start." Her face softened as she recalled the recent events that had so cruelly robbed them both of their comrades.

He immediately overheard the tiny girl who would confuse the Alethi to no end, accompanied by a... Thing, talking about how people seemed not to be from around here. Yuna and Borborygmos, apparently. Quickly, Hoid chimed in saying,

"You're right in saying no one's from around. But, furthermore, there's no way anyone could be from around here. I've travelled all over the Cosmere, and I've never seen a place like this. Hell, I've been to Silverlight, and this place is somehow even weirder."

Yuna was just about to reply to this new individual when suddenly;

"I call this the light of happiness" She said in explosion of pink light engulfed the area. Anyone who was who didn't take cover were suddenly given overwhelming positive emotions, And could think of nothing but lollipops, rainbows and other cute things. It was virtually impossible for any of them to do anything but smile in the creepiest way possible. "Now all of you are happy"

Yuna blinked. "That was wierd." It seemed she'd been hit by some sort of enchantment designed to make her euphoric, but she didn't really see how she could be any more happy than her usual self already was. Borborygmos seemed unnaffected as well, but then, he did have a natural resilience to such things. That and he was currently too busy stuffing his face to notice. For him, this was happy.

Then the loudmouth from before was hanging from the ceiling, and another argument broke out. It seemed someone wanted a bar fight, for no real reason Yuna could discern. She turned back to Hoid. "Sorry, got distracted there. Silverlight you said? Where's that? Wait...", a thought struck her, "the Cosmere", she repeated, tasting the word, her natural skill at dialects finding the root, "... are you a planeswalker? A traveller of worlds?"

Suddenly this newcomer had her attention.

Hoid turned her attention back towards the girl, whose questions had pretty much hit the nail on the head. Interesting. So she's aware of the Cosm- No. Not of the Cosmere. He'd need to keep reminding himself that, at least until he got used to the new wealth of information he'd received after entering the pub. Which included, apparently, memories of having been there before. Weird.

"You could say that I am," he answered. "Both of those things. Some people prefer the term "Worldhopper", but there's not really a consensus."

"Fascinating. I'm not a "Worldhopper", as you say, but I have studied the mysteries of both the Inner and Outer planes most of my life, though I have never walked them myself. This one," She said, indicating Borborygmos, who had just about finished his meal and now dropped back onto all fours to stretch out his muscles, "is about the closest my connection gets, though he is reluctant to speak of his own home plane."

"What is there to tell? I was there, then I was here. You know the rest."

Yuna made a face at this last remark, as if this was a matter of some contention between the two. "Sometimes I wonder if you only came into my life to mess with me."

"Hehe, always! Anyway, I'm quite, er, what's the opposite of famished?"

"Satiated?"

"That doesn't sound right..."

"Requited? Content?"

"Nah, full! That's the one, full, none of that fancy wording you just used!"

"You know the word famished but the best you can do for the opposite is full. Really?!"

"Never needed to know it before. Doesn't happen often. Anyway, I'm gona go see what else this place has going for it."

"You mean you're going to go curl up by the fireplace?"

"Sure that too."

"Don't pick a fight will you," She called out to his retreating back, unsure whether he heard or not, before turning back to Hoid, "Honestly I wonder about him sometimes. So, Mr. Worldhopper, tell me more of your travels, what kinds of worlds have you seen?" Her eyes suddenly lit up at the prospect of learning yet more about the multiverse. "Oh, and I'm Yuna by the way," She added as an after-thought.

"Well, hello, Yuna. You can call me Rook," answered Hoid.

"As for my travels, well, I must start by saying that I do not know of any Inner or Outer Planes, but the nature of this place probably accounts for that. I can, however, tell you of my travels. I have been to many places in my long life. The ashen lands of Scadrial, ruled by an immortal Lord Ruler. The rocky world of Roshar, constantly besieged by terrible storms. The colourful landscapes of Nalthis, and particularly the city of Hallandren, where those who have returned from the dead are worshipped as gods. The nations of Sel, the only world in which magic changes depending on where you are. To these worlds, and many more, I have travelled."

"Well, hello, Yuna. You can call me Rook," answered Hoid.

"As for my travels, well, I must start by saying that I do not know of any Inner or Outer Planes, but the nature of this place probably accounts for that. I can, however, tell you of my travels. I have been to many places in my long life. The ashen lands of Scadrial, ruled by an immortal Lord Ruler. The rocky world of Roshar, constantly besieged by terrible storms. The colourful landscapes of Nalthis, and particularly the city of Hallandren, where those who have returned from the dead are worshipped as gods. The nations of Sel, the only world in which magic changes depending on where you are. To these worlds, and many more, I have travelled."

"Interesting, you speak of places I have not heard of, and you do not know of the differences between the Inner and Outer planes. We must definitely both come from quite different worlds indeed then. I had thought that all things were contained within the overlapping layers of the Planar Spheres." Yuna was starting to wonder if maybe this Rook was not so much a Planeswalker, as much he was some sort of traveller of worlds contained within a part of the same Material Plane. She had heard of other worlds beyond her own sphere of Golarion, but the ways and means to travel to those places was, ironically, a lot harder than travelling to entirely different planes.

"And what of the creatures of these worlds? As you can probably tell, I am a Summoner, and my particular interests lie in the conjuration of beasts and extra-planar outsiders for various purposes. What manner of life-forms can you recall seeing on these worlds, and why do you travel to them? Are you simply an explorer?"

Meanwhile, Borborygmos had made his way over to the fireplace, his large bulk not lending itself well to his attempts to wind his way through such a rambunctious and crowded place, but most of the patrons were wise enough to get out of the way of the massive hulking beast.

Finding a comfortable spot, he was about to lay down when he noticed the shadowy hooded figure of the Sage. He sniffed, grunted in his direction, and said, "Smelt you before. You were the one who spoke to Yuna?" He hunkered down next to the fire, warmed and contented (though he did not know the word) after his meal. "This spot taken?", he asked the Sage, having already settled in regardless.

Meanwhile, Borborygmos had made his way over to the fireplace, his large bulk not lending itself well to his attempts to wind his way through such a rambunctious and crowded place, but most of the patrons were wise enough to get out of the way of the massive hulking beast.

Finding a comfortable spot, he was about to lay down when he noticed the shadowy hooded figure of the Sage. He sniffed, grunted in his direction, and said, "Smelt you before. You were the one who spoke to Yuna?" He hunkered down next to the fire, warmed and contented (though he did not know the word) after his meal. "This spot taken?", he asked the Sage, having already settled in regardless.

"Ssss... you smelt nothing, ssave the absence of a presence. The emptiness of the spaces between the planes, a madness given substance," the spectre coldly muttered as it turned to face the beast Borborygmos as it lumbered to the hearth. There was a brief pause, a certain tension perhaps shared between two entities that were not necessarily of the material world, or perhaps an even more base reaction between two animals, two predators downwind of each other...

"... and that ssmell is called 'Diet Coke'. Now that I've had ssome here, I'll smell of it for dayss," the hooded being chortled in warm humour. "You are mosst welcome here, eidolon of Yuna. My experiences with beings summoned from the aether, such as yourself, hass been limited. If the question be not indiscreet, Do you have any memory of before she pulled you to the waking world?"

"Ssss... you smelt nothing, ssave the absence of a presence. The emptiness of the spaces between the planes, a madness given substance," the spectre coldly muttered as it turned to face the beast Borborygmos as it lumbered to the hearth. There was a brief pause, a certain tension perhaps shared between two entities that were not necessarily of the material world, or perhaps an even more base reaction between two animals, two predators downwind of each other...

"... and that ssmell is called 'Diet Coke'. Now that I've had ssome here, I'll smell of it for dayss," the hooded being chortled in warm humour. "You are mosst welcome here, eidolon of Yuna. My experiences with beings summoned from the aether, such as yourself, hass been limited. If the question be not indiscreet, Do you have any memory of before she pulled you to the waking world?"

Borborygmos bared his teeth in a feral grin at the Sage's question. "Maybe I do, maybe not. She doesn't know, and either way, it doesn't matter." He would say more, but despite his calm outward demeanor, this creature had Borborygmos somewhat on edge, and though he currently lounged, apparently without concern, he would be ready to pounce at any moment. Yuna had said this being had power, perhaps more so than hers, but he didn't look all that tough in a fight. Borborygmos reckoned on getting one good charge in if things turned sour.

"You know, you remind me of someone. Another Eidolon, something of a rival of mine in fact, he was always good for a scrap, hehe!" He chuckled to himself, remembering the last time he had battled Chondax in the sparring rings. "Terrible Summoner for a partner though, no real talent for the magics, not like Yuna. Got lucky with her I did," he said sincerely, "So that's why it doesn't matter what was before, here is better."

"You know, you remind me of someone. Another Eidolon, something of a rival of mine in fact, he was always good for a scrap, hehe!" He chuckled to himself, remembering the last time he had battled Chondax in the sparring rings. "Terrible Summoner for a partner though, no real talent for the magics, not like Yuna. Got lucky with her I did," he said sincerely, "So that's why it doesn't matter what was before, here is better."

"'Here iss better'... well put. There is a saying among the Deathless that have seen the White City, and that is 'the Dead know only, that it its better to be alive'..."

The presence of a shiny, silver can, emblazoned with a bizarre crimson pattern, on the table close to the Sage, somehow grounded the otherwise preternatural aura about the figure. "I wondered if I wass an Eidolon, once. But since those days, evidence hass... surfaced, to make me doubt it. I was hoping to corroborate through your counsel," The Sage confided," But no matter."

Fighting to dampen the unnatural emotions Mina was projecting to him, Enadar made his way back to his drink. He'd have to invest in some dispel scrolls when he got back, but for now the bat (and him by proxy) just had to wait out the spell. He [barely] stifled a chuckle as he found his seat occupied by some chimeric creature. Oh well, worse things had happened, and the seat next to that still looked open.

He took his new seat and quickly reclaimed his ale from before the creature, sending a small smile in re-greeting to his sage companion on the other side as he does so.

"I wondered if I wass an Eidolon, once. But since those days, evidence hass... surfaced, to make me doubt it. I was hoping to corroborate through your counsel," The Sage confided, "But no matter."

"Eidolon?" The elf looked back and forth between the Serpent Sage and the chimera, and then something clicked. He grinned at the chimera "You're an eidolon ? I never thought I'd see one in person! Veils upon veils, this place just gets more and more interesting!"

"Looks like a friend just fell down." Spelldread said as she walked up to Comet. "Let me just fix him for you." she said as a light enveloped comet healing all of his wounds.

"The reasons I travel... Are my own," Hoid answered, and for but a single moment, the charade seemed to fall apart. His face grew concerned, and he seemed incredibly, unbelievably ancient. Immediately, however, his smile appeared again.

"However, the creatures of the worlds, that I can tell you about! Scadrial has... Nevermind those. However, Threnody... But I wouldn't exactly call those life forms, would I? Oh, I know! There's this planet, First of the Sun, which has islands filled to the brim with incredibly deadly creatures! Many of them are bird-like, and most of them seem to have Cognitive powers. However, based on your... Friend, over there, I'd say that the place you really want to go to is Roshar, and I... That's a sentence I never expected to say. However, aside from the dreadful weather, and the awful slime that gets everywhere, and one very, very angry Shard... Sorry, what was I talking about?" He seemed lost for a moment. "Oh, right. So, clearly, it is a terrible place. However, it would probably suit your interest. It is full to the brim of crab-like monstrosities, from the very tiny to the absolutely huge. Some are even revered as gods. And lived on. There are also multiple creatures, named spren, whose presence lies mostly in the Cognitive Realm, though bonding with them might prove... Difficult. As for me, well I've got a cushy job over there that involves making a mockery out of everyone I meet, the higher their rank, the better. It almost makes the rest worth it. Almost."

"'Here iss better'... well put. There is a saying among the Deathless that have seen the White City, and that is 'the Dead know only, that it its better to be alive'..."

The presence of a shiny, silver can, emblazoned with a bizarre crimson pattern, on the table close to the Sage, somehow grounded the otherwise preternatural aura about the figure. "I wondered if I wass an Eidolon, once. But since those days, evidence hass... surfaced, to make me doubt it. I was hoping to corroborate through your counsel," The Sage confided," But no matter."

"If you don't know what you are, I doubt you're an Eidolon. Kinda hard to miss being one," he looked about the room, scanning the nearby patrons, "I don't see a summoner for a start, which is pretty important. That, and you're not marked," he said, one long, lightning imbued claw indicating the sigil upon his own forehead, "that's the other big requirement, for both sides of the pact."

At least, that was how Borborygmos understood it. He wasn't as learned in the specifics as Yuna, and there were some summoners he knew who did things differently, but as a rule, it seemed solid.

"Eidolon?" The elf looked back and forth between the Serpent Sage and the chimera, and then something clicked. He grinned at the chimera "You're an eidolon ? I never thought I'd see one in person! Veils upon veils, this place just gets more and more interesting!"

"Hehe, what can I say? I'm an interesting guy. Though it does seem that Eidolons are surprisingly rare outside of our home. Most people just tend to be more afraid of me though." He didn't seem distraught by the thought, in fact, he seemed to relish it.

Meanwhile...

"The reasons I travel... Are my own," Hoid answered, and for but a single moment, the charade seemed to fall apart. His face grew concerned, and he seemed incredibly, unbelievably ancient. Immediately, however, his smile appeared again.

"However, the creatures of the worlds, that I can tell you about! Scadrial has... Nevermind those. However, Threnody... But I wouldn't exactly call those life forms, would I? Oh, I know! There's this planet, First of the Sun, which has islands filled to the brim with incredibly deadly creatures! Many of them are bird-like, and most of them seem to have Cognitive powers. However, based on your... Friend, over there, I'd say that the place you really want to go to is Roshar, and I... That's a sentence I never expected to say. However, aside from the dreadful weather, and the awful slime that gets everywhere, and one very, very angry Shard... Sorry, what was I talking about?" He seemed lost for a moment. "Oh, right. So, clearly, it is a terrible place. However, it would probably suit your interest. It is full to the brim of crab-like monstrosities, from the very tiny to the absolutely huge. Some are even revered as gods. And lived on. There are also multiple creatures, named spren, whose presence lies mostly in the Cognitive Realm, though bonding with them might prove... Difficult. As for me, well I've got a cushy job over there that involves making a mockery out of everyone I meet, the higher their rank, the better. It almost makes the rest worth it. Almost."

Yuna's eyes were wide at Rooks, admittedly haphazard, descriptions of the creatures he had seen. But still, Yuna was captivated by the images he presented. To see such things! If only she had the chance. Someday, perhaps, she thought to herself, wistfully.

"Well, it certainly sounds like you travel to a lot of dangerous places! Though, I wouldn't call mocking everyone you meet a job. I do that myself just for fun!" Speaking of, she really ought to find some mischief of her own in here before she left. She was sure there were plenty of pranks she could pull on the unsuspecting around here. She took another swig of her ale to hide her grin as she started planning.

As Jack went off to talk with the orc, Nadalia took it easy by taking a seat on the bar stool. While you'd think she would be interested in getting to know the others, she was personally depressed. Although the Iron Queen was good at hiding it, deep down- she just wasn't in the mood to tangle with strangers.

She did gaze a few times when topics such as Old Gods, magic, and a few instances occurred like with Arbiter slapping someone's hand due to personal space, and last but not least- the pink light that caused multiple Pub members to hit the decks. She did get a sheer rush of joy, but it was fighting alongside her inner depression. Two conflicting emotions, swirling around inside of her chest.

Wanting to get her mind off of personal matters that would drag someone's day down, she turned to the bartender, whom was cleaning up the juice off the floor. He didn't pay any heed to the mayhem happening, even when someone was literally lifting the other by their collar. "... Does thou not feel the need to stop their behavior before violence is to commence?"

"When you've been around since the day Jesus got crucified, ma'dam, you get desensitized by everything around you. If a gentlemen were to come up now, and shoot his brains out before my very eyes, all I would do is clean up the mess he made. Nothing gets to me these days, except what happens to my bar. My feelings towards life are indifferent, but the bills are another matter entirely." He didn't sound annoyed but rather, truthful about such things. Guess after living over centuries and centuries, nothing really phases you anymore. This made Nadalia rather curious as to whom exactly the bartender was.

"Earlier, thine issue was never covered ... about your identity. I dare question thee once again, who art thou?"

Sighing, the man stood up and looked her right in the eyes before addressing, "You've probably never came across any biblical stories since you're from a place that's nowhere near mine, but my birthname is Judas Iscariot. I, well ... let's just say I committed a sin so great that my punishment was overruled several times in, uh ... in a higher place. Eventually, it was decided that my punishment would be total isolation in the center of the universe, with no escape. I'm neither alive nor dead, nor a ghost or demon miss ... just a mere man whom had all the time in the world to make something for himself. Then one day, in the year 1865 ... a sun near my prison began to swell up until it became a black hole. Long story short, it couldn't destroy this place but the law of physics were still applying. So because gravity was caving on itself, time shattered and there ya go ... a portal was forged. Anyone, from anywhere, at any time regardless of the past, present, or future- could walk right in here. That's when I decided to do what the western folk did in that time period, set up a bar. So there you have it, the story of my life in a nutshell. I also set deals up so I can never run out of supplies, so long as I can pay up in return." He gently smiled, before getting behind the counter to greet his new guests to whatever they wanted.

Nadalia meanwhile, decided that she didn't want to be alone like how the bartender was back then ... and joined the party. Although it could become a bar fight at any moment, she stood by to see what would happen, standing right next to Lasiel.
"... You can put her down now." She said to the Admiral. "Bessides, your next round is on me. Peace offering?"

"Do pay heed to her words, for none of us want to disrespect our friendly bartender now, correct?" Nadalia with her eyes only, looked towards the busy bartender. If all goes well, the others will pay their respects to the man by not advancing any further violence.

"If you don't know what you are, I doubt you're an Eidolon. Kinda hard to miss being one," he looked about the room, scanning the nearby patrons, "I don't see a summoner for a start, which is pretty important. That, and you're not marked," he said, one long, lightning imbued claw indicating the sigil upon his own forehead, "that's the other big requirement, for both sides of the pact."

"There wass talk of the Summoned that, once brought, could not return to the aether- contracts broken, corrupted environment, a curse... an extremely rare event, I susspect," The Sage ponders. "Nonetheless, I am glad you filled in ssome of the sstory. Summoners are virtually noexistant where I dwell, sso they have a fun aura of mystery. For the moment," the Sage murmured as it raised the silvery can to it's hooded visage.

Bloodedge offered Comet her hand, and propped him up on her shoulder for a second. "Hey, you're alright buddy. Sorry for not helping you earlier." Bloodedge said to Comet in a babying tone that most would find condescending. Comet didn't seem to mind. "Yo, that's alright, Daddio! I got this little beauty off the top shelf!" He said proudly holding up an electric green liquer.
"Woah! Is that what I think it is!"
"Sure is, baby! Grelaxian Fog Apple Extract! Also known as God's Breath in The Egyptian Empire, The Elfen Curse in the Russian Federation, The DiMaggio Special in Cuba, The Subaru Slide in The Capitalist Empire of Japan, The O'Reilly Factor in New Ireland, the list goes on! Supposedly strong enough to knock a grizzly bear on it's ass, and has been banned in all 52 states of the United Anglican Kingdoms since the 23rd century."
The two friends high-fived each other. Comet also high-fived the zombie on his way over to pour himself a drink. "You're also pretty awesome, brah. I think you just saved me a doctor's visit for appendicitis. That will be weird to explain to my surgeon." He said pouring himself a drink from the bottle. A mysterious fog pooled out from his drink as it softly emanated glowing green light. He then looked towards everyone else in the room.
"... Hey! What point is good liquor if you can't share it! Drinks on me, buddies! Bring your glasses over if you want any!" If anyone did indeed go, and drink it. They would find that it wasn't really any more alcoholic than any other liquer regardless of any myths. It was however... Exceedingly sour, and slightly bitter. Tasting like a blend of lime, lemon, and green apple mixed together into some sort of vat.

"There wass talk of the Summoned that, once brought, could not return to the aether- contracts broken, corrupted environment, a curse... an extremely rare event, I susspect," The Sage ponders. "Nonetheless, I am glad you filled in ssome of the sstory. Summoners are virtually nonexistant where I dwell, sso they have a fun aura of mystery. For the moment," the Sage murmured as it raised the silvery can to it's hooded visage.

Borborygmos shrugged, "Sure, it's definitely possible to summon like that, happens all the time. But it don't make you an Eidolon, just a regular old outsider. Yuna could explain it all better. Point is, Eidolons are bonded summons, and well..." He trailed off; he was starting to wonder if he'd already said too much at this point, that odd vibe on the back of his neck telling him this being was up to something, "Eh, well, like I said, Yuna knows it better than me. She's the smart one after all."

Meanwhile...

The two friends high-fived each other. Comet also high-fived the zombie on his way over to pour himself a drink. "You're also pretty awesome, brah. I think you just saved me a doctor's visit for appendicitis. That will be weird to explain to my surgeon." He said pouring himself a drink from the bottle. A mysterious fog pooled out from his drink as it softly emanated glowing green light. He then looked towards everyone else in the room.
"... Hey! What point is good liquor if you can't share it! Drinks on me, buddies! Bring your glasses over if you want any!" If anyone did indeed go, and drink it. They would find that it wasn't really any more alcoholic than any other liquer regardless of any myths. It was however... Exceedingly sour, and slightly bitter. Tasting like a blend of lime, lemon, and green apple mixed together into some sort of vat.

Yuna heard the human shout out, and saw the strange green brew he was offering to everyone around him. She smiled. Perfect!

"Excuse me a moment," She said to Rook, "This is too good to miss out on." Without another word she made a quick gesture and finished with a flourished snap of her fingers, vanishing completely from sight. Now cloaked under a veil of an invisibility spell she made her way over to Comet and his mysterious beverage. Once within range of about 10 feet, she gave another quick finger snap and cast Prestidigitation on the contents of Comets drink, significantly altering the flavor of the contents to something a little more interesting than its current composition. Namely she made it taste like cat piss.

Chuckling to herself she made her way back to her seat, eagerly awaiting what happened next...

Hoid raised an eyebrow, looking at Yuna out of the corner of her eye. He was wondering what she had done, exactly, and was even tempted to ask. However, if their previous conversation was anything to trust, it was probably some manner of prank. And there's no worse way to ruin a prank than asking about it.

One thing was for sure: He was definitely not accepting a glass of the liquor.

As everyone was enjoying the festivities Spelldread noticed what looked like a fellow forsaken drinking to herself.

"Why the long face? She asked in a polite tone.

Meanwhile Ugolik set down near the counter "Do you know what we orcs love to do to pass the time? A test of strength He then put his arm on the counter. "I challenge anyone to beat my strength at arm wrestling, any takers?" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

tf2godz:

As everyone was enjoying the festivities Spelldread noticed what looked like a fellow forsaken drinking to herself.

"Why the long face? She asked in a polite tone.

Meanwhile Ugolik set down near the counter "Do you know what we orcs love to do to pass the time? A test of strength He then put his arm on the counter. "I challenge anyone to beat my strength at arm wrestling, any takers?" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Godric saddled up to the orc and slapped a few octagonal coins onto the table. "I got 10 favors on myself, my large, green... fanged friend." He sat opposite the orc and ran his fingers along his gums. as if to clear food out some his mouth. He placed his elbow on the table and held the hand up, inviting the orc to take his hand.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here