All Characters Welcome: The Pub ver 3.0 Meta RP and Character Workshop (Always Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Jack looked over from what he was doing, which was studying - or attempting to study - The Stig with his suit's scanners.

Jack: With or without powersuits? I'm max-statted, but I top out at being just a really tough human.

"There wass talk of the Summoned that, once brought, could not return to the aether- contracts broken, corrupted environment, a curse... an extremely rare event, I susspect," The Sage ponders. "Nonetheless, I am glad you filled in ssome of the sstory. Summoners are virtually noexistant where I dwell, sso they have a fun aura of mystery. For the moment," the Sage murmured as it raised the silvery can to it's hooded visage.

"And you think that you could be that 'Summoned', do you?" Enadar cocked his head in curiosity. "How would that even work? I mean we never really studied the school in depth, but aren't Summoners basically Eidolons' tethers to the plane? An Eidolon running around without a summoner sounds like...I dunno. A theft without a thief, I guess? It sounds like something that shouldn't be possible."

Asita:

Seeing as how Bloodedge and Comet had gone to their own devices after her offer to buy a round, Lasiel contented herself with the situation not turning violent, and considered that end conclusive enough.

"There wass talk of the Summoned that, once brought, could not return to the aether- contracts broken, corrupted environment, a curse... an extremely rare event, I susspect," The Sage ponders. "Nonetheless, I am glad you filled in ssome of the sstory. Summoners are virtually noexistant where I dwell, sso they have a fun aura of mystery. For the moment," the Sage murmured as it raised the silvery can to it's hooded visage.

"And you think that you could be that 'Summoned', do you?" Enadar cocked his head in curiosity. "How would that even work? I mean we never really studied the school in depth, but aren't Summoners basically Eidolons' tethers to the plane? An Eidolon running around without a summoner sounds like...I dunno. A theft without a thief, I guess? It sounds like something that shouldn't be possible."

Not particularly trying to eavesdrop, but not quite trying to ignore private conversations either, the exchange between Enadar and the Sage caught her attention. Walking over to them, her gaze subconsciously trying to keep as much of the Sage out of her field of vision as possible, she suggested the following.

"Magic would sseem to follow different rules in different planes. Ssomething about this place, and the interesting patrons here makes me believe I'm not on the world of Toril anymore. I shouldn't think any other patron a native of thiss place either. I have to say, your display of magical knowledge is impressive, elven one. How common is magic where you are from? In Toril, the sspellplague changed the way arcane magic functions. To be expected when the gods assassinate each other. Our goddess of magic, Mystra, was murdered you see. "The Weave" which was necessary for magic to work, died with her. In recent years, it would seem they... "return" I ssuppose. In the time when they were mosst certainly absent, most arcane magic would not work. Ssome ancient artifacts maintained their enchantments, but many sspells would fail, even in the hands of the mosst talented wizards, and new ones were nigh impossible to create." she explains, before finally getting around to the point.

"The two of you may come from very different planes, with different ways in which your magics function. It may well be possible to ssummon an unbound Eidolon, in another place and time. Perhapss, a way for the summoned to anchor themselves to the realm to which they arrived, needing no longer for the ssummoning to remain so long as they could enforce their presence, or could travel to that plane as desired. Many elves in Toril could move freely between Faerun, and the lost Faerie plane long after the sspellplague. It's jusst a thought, but insstead of questioning how it is possible, question why it normally isn't. What variety of "Eidolons" are usually summoned, with what you undersstand of the practice?" she asks Enadar, taking a seat at a nearby table and listening intently to the conversations around the bar.

Enadar grinned enthusiastically at the newcomer. It had been years since he had a good discussion on magical theory. "I take your point. The Summoners and Summoned of our friend's world might not be the same as the Summoners and Eidolons of Golarion." He took another swig of his ale and thought a moment. "Well I only know the basics, really. When I was young we all learned a little bit about a lot of different magics, but the focus was on bloodline magic - the magic of what we call Sorcerers in Golarion, and aside from that, I'm most acquainted with what M-" Mina, having evidently worked the happy out of her system resumed her perch on Enadar's shoulder. He twitched slightly at another glance from her. "-Well, with the brand of magic I practice, and that's more practice than theory."

"From what I understand of it though, a Summoner specializes in...well, summoning, whether that's from their own plane or others. An Eidolon is...well we call them 'outsiders', which basically means they're from another plane. An Eidolon is basically an outsider that has been bonded to a summoner. But I'd imagine that...um..." He gestured vaguely to the odd Eidolon next to him. "Knows more about it than I do."

Whilst the conversation by the hearth had been going on, Yuna, still invisible to all (and still awaiting the results of her prank, I swear, this place must have independant temporal physics for each patron or something!), had been listening in on the conversation from across the room, bonding her senses to Borborygmos and lending his ears. Though she was only catching a few moments of conversation at a time, she was hearing some very interesting, yet incorrect assumptions on the nature of summoning magic. She shook her head in mild amusement, feeling it was now time to step in. Leaving Rook momentarily, she headed over to the fireplace.

Asita:

Enadar grinned enthusiastically at the newcomer. It had been years since he had a good discussion on magical theory. "I take your point. The Summoners and Summoned of our friend's world might not be the same as the Summoners and Eidolons of Golarion." He took another swig of his ale and thought a moment. "Well I only know the basics, really. When I was young we all learned a little bit about a lot of different magics, but the focus was on bloodline magic - the magic of what we call Sorcerers in Golarion, and aside from that, I'm most acquainted with what M-" Mina, having evidently worked the happy out of her system resumed her perch on Enadar's shoulder. He twitched slightly at another glance from her. "-Well, with the brand of magic I practice, and that's more practice than theory."

"From what I understand of it though, a Summoner specializes in...well, summoning, whether that's from their own plane or others. An Eidolon is...well we call them 'outsiders', which basically means they're from another plane. An Eidolon is basically an outsider that has been bonded to a summoner. But I'd imagine that...um..." He gestured vaguely to the odd Eidolon next to him. "Knows more about it than I do."

"That's close enough I guess," She said, dropping her invisibility at last and moving up next to Borborygmos. Looking at her Eidolon, she added, "Well, you've certainly drawn a crowd." Borborygmos just shrugged and said nothing.

"Firstly, I must say it is nice to meet another magic user from my own world," She said to Enadar, adding a typical elvish greeting in his own tongue, "Secondly, though you are mostly right in the mechanics of how an Eidolon is bonded, there's a little more to it than that."

"An Eidolon is an Outsider, a native of a plane beyond the Material plane. When a summoner first calls forth such an outsider, it has no real form and must be given one. When I first summoned Borborygmos, he didn't look quite like how he does now."

"I was less good looking in those days."

"Quite. Of course, summoning the outsider in the first place is tricky, and is not as straight forward as a basic monster summoning spell, which only creates a temporary facsimile of a creature. In order to summon a being such as Borborygmos I had to use a Planar Binding spell, to fully pull him from his plane into mine. Once here, I was able to make a pact with him, to merge our souls and minds forever more. This arrangement offers both parties many benefits; I gain a powerful companion who I can call upon for aid and assistance whenever I need, and he gains a permanent window into our world and as I grew in magical power I can lend that power to him, altering his form and granting him new strengths."

"Plus, one of the main strengths of an Eidolon is in their near un-killability. The first time I summoned Borb, he was fully drawn into the world, but every other time I have called him it is merely an aspect of his true self that is brought forth. Which means if he is ever defeated in battle, or banished for some other reason, his mind can just return to his own plane, and be summoned again and again."

"Of course, summoning a planar ally and NOT merging with it to make it an Eidolon is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. Most Outsiders don't like being summoned as it is, and must be contained lest they lash out at their summoners or simply flee back home immediately. But if they do stick around, and are then killed, they will be destroyed permanently."

"So, in short, the differences between summoned monsters, Eidolons and fully summoned planar beings is that; summoned monsters are temporary, are not truly alive and cannot be truly killed and are thus expendable. Eidolons are directly merged with the souls of their summoners, who are their ties to the world, summoned once fully, and in part ever after, given form and powers dependent upon the strength of their summoner and can be killed and re-summoned without end. And Planar Bound Outsiders are the fully summoned manifestations of said Outsiders, bonded to no-one and no ties to the world, summoned only for the making of pacts for specific reasons, and if destroyed are killed forever."

"Whew, I think that about covers it!"

"Told you she was the smart one." Borborygmos had been nodding along sagely at Yunas entire explanation.

"HA! Bring it! Ugolik yelled as he grapped Godric's hand.

"This looks like it's going to be a wonderful Wrestling competition, Isn't that right Moospike? A random troll said behind a announcement counter that was suddenly there.

"That's right Tuskmer!" The bull guy said next to him. "He's completely undefeated in every arm wrestling competition he has done for the past five years, will this loan human be the person that taken down?"

"Wait when do you two get here? Spelldread asked

"we've been here." The troll simply replied

Spelldread looked at Them for a few seconds before replying"okay" and walking off.

"So, in short, the differences between summoned monsters, Eidolons and fully summoned planar beings is that; summoned monsters are temporary, are not truly alive and cannot be truly killed and are thus expendable. Eidolons are directly merged with the souls of their summoners, who are their ties to the world, summoned once fully, and in part ever after, given form and powers dependent upon the strength of their summoner and can be killed and re-summoned without end. And Planar Bound Outsiders are the fully summoned manifestations of said Outsiders, bonded to no-one and no ties to the world, summoned only for the making of pacts for specific reasons, and if destroyed are killed forever."

"Whew, I think that about covers it!"

"Told you she was the smart one." Borborygmos had been nodding along sagely at Yunas entire explanation.

"Ssss... of course, one of the advantagess of summoning an Outsider through a Circle or a Gate, and rendering them Planar Bound, as you say, is to... extract things from them, against their will, through various and oft quite ... base means," The Sage murmurs as Yuna finishes. "Nonetheless, I do appreciate your input, both of you, as the very nature of the Eidolon had escaped me. The ability to make such a pact is very new in the lands wherein I dwell. Thiss, along with the nature of Oracles, and several other creeds of supernaturalists, are pathss I am learning about as quickly as possible."

Then, with a darkening of the very air and hushing moan of chill wind, the Sage looms. "But take heed, you brave SoulBound. You are gaining in power, and others of the Planes can use canny and treachery to make swift work of you... both of you. For though you may be smug and confident as a demiurge on this plane, Borborygmos, there are those, should you make yourselves a nuisance too bold to bear, that would most readily track you in the vast beyond. They can find you, Outworlder, on your home plane, where death can still take you forever from your companion..."

And just as suddenly, with a blink, the firelight blooms back to normal, and a rush of warm, aromatic air sweeps away the chill. And the Sage, no longer looming like a tower, sighs gently."For it would be a sin unto me, to see such happy souls as you both, to perish, seperate and alone, so."

"Ohhh," the Sage sighs, gently putting the empty silvery tin gently down on the table. As the can kisses the surface, there is a hollow pinging sound... and the can seems to collapse into several dozen flashing, mirror-carapaced insects that madly scurry away in all directions, even as the giant black sleeve withdraws back to below the table.
"... I've been called worse than 'impossible', master Fae. One musst continue to ask questions of the Art, in seeking their own path through it. Alwaysss."

Enadar cheerfully raised his glass. "I concede to her superior knowledge of summoning".

"... I've been called worse than 'impossible', master Fae. One musst continue to ask questions of the Art, in seeking their own path through it. Alwaysss."

The glass comes down again. "Should be impossible, my friend," the words and tone were pleasant enough, but some tenseness had crept into Enadar's voice and his smile had started to look artificial. "Not is impossible. I am not so much of a novice that I confuse the two." He absently fingered his pendant. "No, that's a mistake I know well enough to avoid."

The glass comes down again. "Should be impossible, my friend," the words and tone were pleasant enough, but some tenseness had crept into Enadar's voice and his smile had started to look artificial. "Not is impossible. I am not so much of a novice that I confuse the two." He absently fingered his pendant. "No, that's a mistake I know well enough to avoid."

The roiling drapes of the shadowy Sage assume a less hazy outline, and the talons, pressed flat to the table as though in supplication, catch the dancing light of the hearth. "Indeed, I have also learned, and oft the hard way, what path leads to knowledge and what to ruin can hinge on a single word. Sssemantics can crumble empires. On the other hand, I have been searching for answers to my origins for a long time, and... well, I apologise if I seemed... dismissive," the Sage murmurs.

"As to your metaphor, it doess seem apt, though I tend to think on it less as a theft without a thief, insomuch as a ghost... without a murder?"

"28...29...No. 30..."
An Irish voice rattled off the door numbers before finally making his way inside the pub, pausing for a moment as he wondered if this was the right place.
Then again, the crowd looked a lot like the rag-tag group he was taking the day off from so why not? It had a bar, that was close enough.
Whistling at the barkeep, he then took a seat before starting off with a simple request: "Give me an Jamesons and-...some a fizzy mineral."
All the while, he glanced around, noting the large crowd, this place seemed popular alright.

As the Serpent settled it's undulating coils and leaned back with a low sigh, the near fire pit once again cast it's lambent glow about the table, unhindered. In the glint from the dancing flames, the inhuman eye showed that the soul behind it was far away...

Throughout the immense tavern, though there were many others at many tables, the sound was muted from the deafening tones one would have expected. All sorts of drink were carried back and forth through the booths, chambers and aisles, and all manner of mouth were drinking them. The place had about it a reverent nature, one of peace, or at least fulfillment- a sort of Valhalla for the Wanderer, a temporary Pub of the Gods.

All that contemplative silence suddenly came to an abrupt end.

With a shudder of snapping timbers and a rending of something more eldritch, a wall not a stone's throw away from where the Serpent gazed at the fire implodes, and three great figures stride into the tavern, their metal shod feet gouging the floorboards and their iron-like forms batting both tables and stunned guests aside as though they weren't there, simply as they passed. A blast of cold air races the figures, making the fire dance and the lamps flicker low.

Two of the giants are men- muscled like olympians, one sculpted of bronze, the other of alabaster, both moving like panthers. And the third is a woman, carved of onyx, gliding with a effortless grace born of confidence and power. Each seems to be around nine feet tall. They wear scant armor that reveals much of their powerful bodies, and red and blue tatoos- of flowers, of flames, of scales- proudly vie with the decorative golden armor and jewelry. Of weapons, they bear none. They stop their swagger ten paces from the fire pit. In the background behind them, guests begin to pick themselves up, with shaking of heads, and confusion evident more than any real damage done, and slowly, the walls of the sacred place begin to mystically patch back over what appears to be a cosmic void beyond.

"We have come for the Sacred Last Stone. It is here, and we will tear all of this place down and render all here to gristle, unless it is brought to us, now," The bronze skinned giant barks, his black hair and beard seemingly Assyrian in style, lending him the air of a Babylonian God.

"Oh, Akonis, perhaps a proper... demonstration, of our commitment to the acquisition of our intent," the smirking dusky goddess adds as she strides forward, her black hair swept up into a pinned bun, flexing her muscled arms suddenly, which gives off a blast of heat as she reaches with hardened talon-like fingers for the nearest victim at hand- which happens to be the still-seated Serpent.

With a gentle turn of it's hood, the Serpent murmurs in the looming shadow of the giantess:

"I... would be greatly honored, and indebted, to any here who might be able to help me avoid being torn to pieces?"

With a gentle turn of it's hood, the Serpent murmurs in the looming shadow of the giantess:

"I... would be greatly honored, and indebted, to any here who might be able to help me avoid being torn to pieces?"

Lasiel was unsure as to her state of mind. Truth be told, being rid of the serpent sage would be a swift remedy to her ever present, ever growing anxiety at his presence. She had done well to conceal it, but she still disliked this situation. Was this a dream? Had she relaxed during her meditation to the point where she fell asleep? It seemed like a sweet dream to witness some form of retribution fall on the serpent. Though- retribution for what? Though she had passably tolerated his presence, she most certainly did not enjoy his company, and felt no obligation to honor his ilk anymore.

Nonetheless, she too found herself standing in the shadow of the giantess. She was not nearly as tall as the maiden carved of onyx, but her choice of arms nonetheless allowed her to make up for her lack of size with potentially deadly reach. Leveling her spear to the collar of the giantess, keeping it almost a good foot away from her gemlike form, she simply stood as an interposing obstacle to her advance.

"Thiss habitual disturbance of other's peace should end here. I would detesst violence at such a time as now, when you had not even the decency to introduce yoursselves." She hissed, keeping her spear forward while her eyes glanced around to keep track of the other two giants. Her posture was not as rigid as one would expect from one trying to enforce themselves as a barrier. To the keen eye, her muscles seemed relaxed, rather than tensed for resilience. Her stance was wide, and low to the ground, extending the spear along an outstretched arm wherein the onyx giant was at her side. Her footing was the source of this width. Her knees were slightly bent, one foot forward facing the onyx adversary, and the other deliberately pointed to her left. Her breathing was slow, almost unreasonably calm given her actions at current. It was clear that she was devoting just as much to her own defense as the Serpent Sage's, equally ready to move nimbly out of the way or push aggressively towards them if they did not relent.

"... To be brutal and honesst, I have no qualms about allowing your apparent feud with him. Not. Here. I care not where you hail from, nor where you've been or what you've sseen. Thiss place is neutral to whatever conflict you come for. If you do not like that ansswer, you may show yoursselves the door out as easily as you have the way in."

"... To be brutal and honesst, I have no qualms about allowing your apparent feud with him. Not. Here. I care not where you hail from, nor where you've been or what you've sseen. Thiss place is neutral to whatever conflict you come for. If you do not like that ansswer, you may show yoursselves the door out as easily as you have the way in."

There is a moment that seems to freeze as the three entities hold.

The giantess, a look of mild amusement on her face as she glances slyly to the brazen intrusion, her umber eyes seeming to smoulder as heat radiates from her skin, a faint reddish glow deep within her flexed arm muscles promising a surge held barely in check, faint steam rising from her shoulders.

The Serpent has also become as still as a statue, the only sign of life being the gently swaying cloth of it's voluminous robes. There is a tension about the Sage, certainly, an uncertainty...

With a grin, the giant amazon exclaims.

"Feud... oh no, little meat puppet. I know not any of you mortals. But the Stone is here, tracked and traced by we three of the Immortalum, and we will kill all to possess it, if need be. And you, will make just as good a demonstration, as any..."

All goes still... and with a blurred lunge and blast of steam, the amazon hurtles a fist... for Lasiel!

Aaaand suddenly there were giants. Three of them, big ones, at least 3 times the height of Yuna herself. They had come barging in and making a ruckus, and were now threatening.... well, everyone it seemed. Picking herself up from where she had been knocked aside, Yuna shared a look and a quick mental suggestion with Borborygmos, who was now looking decidedly less docile and contented than he was a moment ago. Their telepathic agreement was mutual; be prepared to fight.

It looked like the female giant was the leader of the three, and she made a threatening gesture to the Sage. Yuna was about to intervene, perhaps try to calm the situation down with words before anything too drastic took place but.. well..

"Thiss habitual disturbance of other's peace should end here. I would detesst violence at such a time as now, when you had not even the decency to introduce yoursselves."

Eugh, this isn't going to end well!

Whilst the conversation between the spearwoman and the giantess continued, Yuna and Borborygmos circled around to opposites sides, flanking her compatriots. Yuna threw up another invisibility on herself and was quickly taking a mental tally of her available spells that might be useful here. The giantess had moved ahead of the other two, negating the possibility of dumping them all down a single magically conjured pit, assuming they could all fit that is, and she wasn't sure if a Black Tentacles spell would be able to restrain such physically powerful foes.

"Feud... oh no, little meat puppet. I know not any of you mortals. But the Stone is here, tracked and traced by we three of the Immortalum, and we will kill all to possess it, if need be. And you, will make just as good a demonstration, as any..."

All goes still... and with a blurred lunge and blast of steam, the amazon hurtles a fist... for Lasiel!

Yuan saw the fist striking out for Lasiel, and reacted. *CLICK* The snap of her fingers was like a gunshot in the otherwise silent pub, her Haste spell reaching out at the speed of thought, encompassing Lasiel, herself, Borborygmos, the Serpent Sage and Enadar in a golden light that swiftly vanished. For the next minute, all who were touched by it instantly found their reactions heightened, their movements enhanced and their thoughts racing. Now she only hoped Lasiel had the time to duck.

Quiet melancholy had quickly given way to confusion and then panic for Enadar. Caught sitting, relaxed, unprepared...this was exactly the kind of situation that he tried to avoid. Worse, those...golems? Whatever they were, they wanted trouble, and Enadar wasn't sure his spells would work on them. Mina shudders on his corner, sharing his worry.

Something flickers across his eyes. Not confidence, but a hint of an idea. He didn't have to cast on the golems, after all. Maybe-

And just like that any hint of a plan was lost and Enadar was forced to act on instinct. A loud blast echoes through the pub, and time seems to slow. Enadar didn't understand it, but he'd take it.

The elf leapt up from his seat and faced the giants. "Bew Tobl!" he intones. He flicked his wrist at the attacking giant, and a bullet of webbing shot out. Given the circumstances, the best he could do was hope to entangle the attacker and disrupt his attack. Well, that and...

With the benefit of Yuan's haste spell, Enadar quickly rummaged through his components bag and pulled out a small strip of cured leather. "Emga Rarom!" he shouted, throwing the strip at Lasiel. The leather faded as it traveled, and had disappeared completely by the time it should have hit Lasiel. That was all he could do for now. A web to entangle the attacker, and invisible armor to defend the victim. And this had started off as such a nice day, too.

Lasiel did not expect two things. First and foremost she hardly thought that such beings would back down. One's big stature usually leads to a big head, from her experience. When you need to tilt your head down to look an adversary in the eyes, it gets easy to see them as a lesser being. She'd felt that scorn many a time before.

However, she also didn't expect the amount of magical assistance she'd be granted either, making her first feint quite successful. As the amazon woman threw the first punch, Lasiel brought Justine close to her chest, and nimbly spun her back heel in a direction which given her low stance and outstretched leg made it appear as though she meant to floor the giantess with a leg sweep. Though instead she brought it inward, the foot she had pointed forward had not budged. Less jumping, and more akin to kicking the floor with enough force to send her skyward, she leaped over the amazon and dragged the... "less sharp" edge on the back of the blade down their back as she descended. As well, when it made contact with her shimmering, stony skin, the blade glowed a bright red, fire coming forth with an intense heat that disappeared as quickly as it came forth. She tumbled over the ground, rolling forward into the open space made by their advance which made a mess of the previously well arranged tables before whirling around and pointing her spear with a different stance than before. The shaft was angled along her back, the whole length of it held in one arm lined up rigidly in one direction. She was balanced on one leg, leaning back with the other raised into the air and bent so that it could lash out at a moment's notice.

"You'll make no example of me. I've lived that life for far long enough years ago. If you covet this sstone so badly, surely you'd have little time to wasste making examples of those who know not what you sspeak of. If it is here, if it is not, none of us would know, and your murderous intent is therefore pointlesss." she said, oddly diplomatically to the woman she just broke out into a fight with.

"If you tackle all your problems head on, you shall never ssee the path around them which is far easier to walk. What is it and why do you want it? We're no enemy to you until you make it sso, as you've decided. If you had opened your mouth without clenching your fissts, we jusst may have helped you find it. Nonetheless, I have no authority over this place... but I believe the common ssentiment is for you to leave."

As the amazon woman threw the first punch, Lasiel brought Justine close to her chest, and nimbly spun her back heel in a direction which given her low stance and outstretched leg made it appear as though she meant to floor the giantess with a leg sweep. Though instead she brought it inward, the foot she had pointed forward had not budged. Less jumping, and more akin to kicking the floor with enough force to send her skyward, she leaped over the amazon and dragged the... "less sharp" edge on the back of the blade down their back as she descended. As well, when it made contact with her shimmering, stony skin, the blade glowed a bright red, fire coming forth with an intense heat that disappeared as quickly as it came forth. She tumbled over the ground, rolling forward into the open space made by their advance which made a mess of the previously well arranged tables before whirling around and pointing her spear with a different stance than before. The shaft was angled along her back, the whole length of it held in one arm lined up rigidly in one direction. She was balanced on one leg, leaning back with the other raised into the air and bent so that it could lash out at a moment's notice.

At the same instant, the black fist of the giant warrior hurtled through the air once occupied, and followed through it's arc, arriving at the corner of the table, which promptly explodes with the charged force of the attack. The concussive blast of the impact sends the rest of the ruined table spinning through the released white burst of steam, narrowly missing the Sage's head- the hood seems to dance as the wooden missile passes just above it.

And with a whoosh of settling ropy matter, the webbing spatters around and anchors the giantess partly to the floor. She seems, for an instant, to struggle, to flex under the webbing...

As the spear tip races down the back of the giantess, there is a burst of flame. Surprisingly, the great assailant shudders and staggers under the strike!

Nonetheless, as she turns, she is contemplative, a deep red line steaming, yet fading, from her muscular back. The webbing smoulders, then ignites as she turns, and in a moment is gone.

"You'll make no example of me. I've lived that life for far long enough years ago. If you covet this sstone so badly, surely you'd have little time to wasste making examples of those who know not what you sspeak of. If it is here, if it is not, none of us would know, and your murderous intent is therefore pointlesss." she said, oddly diplomatically to the woman she just broke out into a fight with.

"Oooh... this little viper has a fang!" She grins slowly as she faces away from the ruined table place, her fist pulsing and thrumming with a lava-like glow. She then glances over to Enadar, and laughs. "And what do we have here... a little spider? What a fine little collection of vermin under this rock!"

"If you tackle all your problems head on, you shall never ssee the path around them which is far easier to walk. What is it and why do you want it? We're no enemy to you until you make it sso, as you've decided. If you had opened your mouth without clenching your fissts, we jusst may have helped you find it. Nonetheless, I have no authority over this place... but I believe the common ssentiment is for you to leave."

Sighing, she arogantly confides "The Last Stone is the key to unlocking the ultimate potential of our race. If you are ignorant of what it is, then you are an innocent victim bug, but a bug, no less." She strode forward suddenly, gesturing to the other two titans.

"Seal off this part of this demiplane, Akonis. And Deonar, begin to remove... the air," She murmured.

Time slowed, the effects of the haste spell doing its work, and Yuna watched in slow motion as the spear woman sidstepped the incoming blow with effortless grace, before somersaulting over the giantess and raking her spear down her back. At the same time, she noticed the double spell casting from Enadar, easily some of the quickest spellwork she had ever seen; a shielding spell or mage armour for the spear woman, and an entangling web for the giantess. For most of the onlookers in the pub all of this occurred almost too quick to follow, but the haste spell afforded those under its effect the time to see it all.

However, it seemed for naught, as the giantess broke free of the webbing, and her injuries seemed to heal almost instantly. But the webbing did work, briefly, maybe they're not as strong as I assumed. Or maybe we can still resolve this without someone getting killed. It was perhaps a wishful thought, but if these people simply wanted some trinket that was here, so long as it was not intended for evil purposes, then they could have it, in Yunas opinion. Though, what are the chances these guys want this stone thing for anything good?

"You know," Yuna shouted, loud enough for her otherwise invisible form to be heard, "did it ever occur to you that maybe none of us know what this thing you're after even is, and that maybe if you requested our help we may actually be willing to offer our assistance in finding it? Or do you just prefer opening with hostilities and threats as a matter of course?"

Sighing, she arogantly confides "The Last Stone is the key to unlocking the ultimate potential of our race. If you are ignorant of what it is, then you are an innocent victim bug, but a bug, no less." She strode forward suddenly, gesturing to the other two titans.

"Well, ok then, what does it lo-"

"Seal off this part of this demiplane, Akonis. And Deonar, begin to remove... the air," She murmured.

Oh, well, I guess negotiations are over then. There was clearly no reasoning with these beings; they would have to fight.

Unseen to all, Yuna stretched out her arm and pointed towards the other two giants, Akonis and Deonar, still stood close together near the fire, and began to conjure. She had talked much this night on the subject of summoning and the arcane arts that were her specialty, now it seem time for a practical demonstration. She began to weave a complex pattern in the air before her, muttering a wordless whisper in an ancient half-tongue, the sounds not matching the pattern of her lip movements, but carrying the sound further than one would expect for the volume of her utterances. If she had been visible, her eyes would have momentarily appeared as black as night, fading gently back to her natural blue and green as the incantation concluded.

Then began a slight rumbling in the stonework of the floor and walls; a deep bass rumble that seemed to come from all around, subtle to those paying attention, but omnipresent. It ceased but a moment later, to be replaced with the sound of tearing flesh and whipcords, as from all around, great black tentacle like arms ripped themselves into being. They emerged from all directions, pushing up through floorboards, walls, even the air itself, their thick pulsating masses of pure muscles hanging in the air in defiance of gravity, the limbs ending in a swirling mass of dark energy, a doorway to another world through which the tentacles forced entry into this reality.

They immediately lashed out at the two giants... and everything else within twenty feet of them, the multitude of mindless flaying arms seeking out all in range to ensnare, throttle and crush, like the appendages of some great unseen beast seeking prey to feast upon. At the same moment as the spells conclusion, Borborygmos took his cue to enter the fray; rushing forward with the speed of a pouncing lion and leaping at the giantess, lightning reaved claws flashing, loosing a roar of pure animalistic fury as this killer from the void was unleashed. He would rain rending blow after rending blow, until he had torn her apart, and nothing was going to stop him from his kill.

"-And that's how I went to Death's own personal Condo in Hell..." David remarked to a bunch of un-interested women, the two of them soon blowing him off and wandering away from the bar.
"...Damn, I need some new material..." He thought to himself as he kicked his legs up and had another sip of his whiskey, motioning for a refill about the same time that those two strange men and that-..."Other thing" began to make all the racket.
"Whoa-...someone should stop those guys..........I said SOMEONE should STOP those GUYS!...Oh come on, this was meant to be my day off!" The sniper groaned before his drink was topped up but as the fight began to go on, he realized that he was going to have to shoot one handed in this encounter.

"Gah fine, give me my drink..." The Irishman ordered before taking charge of the situation, whiskey and Coke in hand.
Pulling out his M500, he then shot it into the air above the fight, getting the attention of everyone in this section of the Pub.
"Alright, now that I have your attention: I would like to remind you that there are other patrons in this bar. Patrons who are here to take a break from all this inter-realm magic voodoo nonsense. So here is where we stand..."
Spinning his M500 Magnum in his free hand before taking another swig of his drink, he winced at the taste before adding "You guys can either calm the hell down and we can talk about this like adults or you can find out the hard way why you NEVER fight an Irishman on his day off in the middle of a Pub..."

The eruption of writhing tentacles pins scrambling folk to their chairs, as others just leap from the region in time. The pair of titans are not so lucky, however. Akonis is netted by a dozen umbral whips that strain against his preternatural musculature, as he roars like an animal, more in frustration than anything. And even so, slowly, with knotted muscles like cords straining, he begins to pull free...

The pale giant called Deonar smirks with black lips as the thrashing tendrils seem to pass through his body, his mouth full of shark like teeth. His pale eyes search out the tavern... and a faint strobing red band of light passes over the table and the people before him. Chuckling, in a high pitched but chilling voice "There is a hidden bug here, Nebembe. One of the Gifted, no less... and I'm close to finding them..."

But Nebembe is of a sudden pounced upon by a whirling dervish of claws and fury! She gasps in surprise as Borborygmos flays her, the crackling, snapping flashes of electricity dancing in the air around the pair as they struggle, even as, with a pulse of red heat and a shriek, the giantess hurls the enraged, slashing eidolon from her with a force like a battering ram. A blur of motion, a series of explosions as support timbers erupt in splinters, and the great mammalian esper lies still in a pile of ruin, dust and splinters still raining down from the rafters above. Nebembe turns, heaving in exhaustion, steam billowing off of her, but a triumphant smile on her sweating face... that turns to confusion as she staggers, and with a bewildering look of horror, clutches herself as piping hot blood continues to patter and sizzle... from where her left hand once was!

The blast of a high caliber weapon seems to emphasize the frozen state of the combatants.

"You guys can either calm the hell down and we can talk about this like adults or you can find out the hard way why you NEVER fight an Irishman on his day off in the middle of a Pub..."

And, as David slams the empty glass back down on the bar casually twirling his sidearm, there comes a resounding crunching retort that punches the eardrums of all present. In a line across the immaculate surface of the bar counter, just missing the marksman's retreating hand, a deep imprint has appeared, a line all the way down the tavern. Even as it is noticed, tables and chairs fall in half, and some patrons notice garments have been neatly severed (but miraculously no patrons themselves!). It is like an invisible force has separated this corner of the place from the rest of the tavern... and David can see he's on the 'not drinking anymore' side, his empty glass winking in the firelight on the other side of the line!

Akonis, still in the slowly failing grip of a half dozen whirling lashes of darkness, lowers a calmly raised hand, and grins darkly at the gunman..."Deonar... gasp them. Now."

Things were happening so quickly and it was all so confusing. Masses of tentacles conjured out of the air, people somehow harmlessly bursting into flames, the plane seeming to divide itself...Under other circumstances the oddity of everything would have delighted Enadar, but the sense of impending doom somehow drained the fun of everything. As it was, it was all he could do to keep out of the line of fire.

"Deonar... gasp them. Now."

Oh...that wasn't a good order. Enadar might not have known how they intended to do that, but he knew well enough that when an order was repeated it likely wasn't a bluff. His eyes flick to the other giants. Which one was Deonar? Two out of three had demanded it, so that left...yeah.

The elf glanced at his familiar and gulped. His options were limited, and he wasn't sure if it would work, but he had learned one hex that might help. He focused on Deonar, called upon a power yet unknown even to him and - with a small twist of his hand - willed the giant to fall into a deep slumber.

"Seventh Veil, please let this work..."

"Deonar... gasp them. Now."

"...You have no idea who I am...do you?..." David remarked as he merely shook his head, as if expecting his name and legend to precede him.
Life on the Rising Dawn was one of constant peril, between global invasions by Hell itself to having to break up fights over ghost peppers in the coffee. (And the fact that the crew tried to kill each other as much as their foes)
As a result, it took a lot (or something really specific to his own fears/desires/etc) to really break his stride.
Another pistol spin later and soon David was fanning the hammer on his revolver, yet none of his shots seemed to be any less precise.
In fact, despite the increased rate of fire, his weapon never seemed to run out of rounds, at least 20 shots of the stupidly large magnum racing though the air towards his mark.
Deonar would soon find himself peppered in the face with large heavy bullets, the Irishman even going so far as to shoot out a few of his shark like teeth.
All the while, he slowly began to strafe around the monster, strolling though the battle-area as more and more lead rained down upon the Giant.

It was fair to say that things had now, officially, gotten out of hand. Yuna watched with uncertainty as her Black Tentacles spell yielded mixed results. On the one hand it seemed to be keeping one of the giants contained, though he was clearly struggling against it and its continuing effectiveness was uncertain. The other giant was utterly unfazed, in fact he seemed amused by the whole ordeal. Yuna was suddenly very certain he was the most dangerous threat in the room.

Before she could act further, Borborygmos engaged the giantess, scoring several hits, before the giantess recovered and hurled him across the room. "Borbie!", she cried out in alarm, all thoughts of the other giants momentarily replaced as she rushed across the pub to her companions side, explosions and spells hurtling around her. She knew he was not defeated; she would know innately had he suffered injuries severe enough for that, and indeed, would automatically sacrifice her own life energies to sustain him if it was critical. They were not at that point yet; her Eidolons thick hide and thicker skull affording him considerable protection.

"Borb, you ok?", She called out as she approached the pile of rubble that had buried her friend. With a groan and a shift of fallen masonry, Borborygmos extricated himself from the rubble, shaking off dust and debris with a shrug. "Gona feel that one later," he muttered as he revealed himself, multiple cuts and bruises covering his hide. Unable to see her, but feeling her presence nearby, he switched to telepathic form as he continued, alternating language to Aquan as the pair often did, "That one burns. Give me a boost."

Yuna understood, and nodded, only now noticing the object that dangled from her Eidolons mouth like a chew toy; a smoldering hand, no-doubt ripped straight from his foe. Borborygmos munched on it idly, as if savoring the taste. Yuna could hear the sound of sizzling flesh, as if the meat still burned red hot. Yuna smirked as she decided on her next two spells and began to incant.

As she began her spellcasting, Borborygmos stepped forward, calling out to the giantess, visibly and audibly chewing on her bitten-off hand mockingly as he did so. "Mmmm, you taste like chicken," he smirked, before opening his mouth wide and with a sickening *CRUNCH* bit down hard, breaking the remaining bones of the appendage, before gulping it down. "Little bony for me though, need something with more fat now." Just as he finished speaking, he felt a small hand touch his side and energy flowed into him, the first of Yunas next two spells took affect and he shimmered with briefly with internal light, before his skin began to harden, his hide thickened and small tufts of red energy began to cascade off his fur. Yunas Greater Evolution Surge granting him further resistance to damage and perhaps most importantly, complete immunity to fire and heat.

Still smiling, Borborygmos struts forward slightly. "Do you know what your biggest mistake was?" Another small pressure, another spell cast, and suddenly Borborygmos' height begins to increase, his body mass swells, his powerful muscles enlarge and expand to ludicrous proportions and his weight multiplies as he Enlarges, his already large frame now becoming truly huge, almost as tall as the giantess, and twice her length. "You shouldn't have given me room to run! And with that, Borborgymos once again charges down the giantess, the last few seconds of Yunas Haste spell still lingering as the now nearly 9 foot tall, 6 tonne monster hurled himself across the room with the velocity of a speeding truck. A roar of primal fury escapes his snapping maw as he lunges, pouncing once again for his next meal.

He knew his foes taste now, knew her blood. But she too knew his strength, and though bolstered further against her blows and heat, though now outmatching her in size and weight he knew not to underestimate her. He had been lucky to take her off guard the first time; he did not have that luxury again. That meant this attack had to be all or nothing, win or die. Borborygmos would hold nothing back, no restraint, no stopping, no injury too severe. This was a fight to the death, one way or another. Yuna was counting on him, he had to succeed.

Consider, a moment, the state of the enigmatic yet beloved Pub.

The establishment, a sort of pocket dimension, a seeming infinity of quaint, secure tavern halls, alcoves, bars and stages, lit by the soft light of lamps and lanterns, fire pits and hearths. This calm environment has seen many a gathering, quite a few altercations, any number of shady deals, temporary truces, and dirty swindles... but overall, the warmth and sense of sanctuary has an endless feel to it.

However.

Now, there is... an absence.

Patrons throughout the vastness raise foggy heads, and gentle conversations trail off into distraction. The hard trained and physically tortured instinctively caress their weapons, the monstrous and inhuman level uncanny senses. The Gifted and enchanted feel the rent in all things, those whose minds are capable of the preternatural sense the disturbance, and children of the earth hear their mother shriek.

And those closest to the anomaly can see the glass-like walls of inviolate force grow foggy, see the surface thrum with concussions not felt or heard otherwise on their side... walls, that now have and hold isolate several entities, in an altercation reaching a titanic zenith.

Picture the pale and somewhat inhuman giant Deonar- clad in a black toga hemmed in red, a body like a classic marble statue, but a visage made horrifying by an inhuman, tooth-filled maw twisted into a great grin, and white, piercing pupils winking madness from the shadows of the deep pits of his eyes, his mass of alabaster unkempt hair writhing in an unseen breeze. As the tendrils of eldritch night dance ineffectually around- and even through! -him, the nearest tavern wall behind him suddenly vomits forth huge gouts of splinters and stone, as round after round of David's hand cannons effortlessly find their mark on Deonar's face... and pass through. Deonar's amusement at the spectacle increases as he raises his oddly crimson-stained hands, and a sickly, dancing ruddy gas begins to pour out of his palms.

Those trapped within the battle area are, of a sudden, short of breath...

But suddenly, the deranged titan's expression wavers, and fills with shock... the gas billowing from his palms sputters... "No... we have lost contact... with the Alizarin Concord... our powers are failing us!"

His eyes suddenly roll, as a wave of sorcerous exhaustion, of slumber, catches him free of whatever wards he once had, in it's power, causes him to relax, to almost swoon. He ripples as he sways... and then one of the many bullets still being fired through his face unhindered instantly finds resistance, and Deonar's look of fear is replaced... by an enormous red burst of gore and blood! He takes a step, headless... then topples, with a thunderous crash to the bare planks of the tavern. The ochre gas fades from view... and all can breathe deep again.

Akonis tears free of the last of the tentacles and, with a flash of red energy and a huge blast of steam, flings himself like a missile at the oncoming macropredator that Borborygmos has become. With crimson energy coursing through the giant's tatoos, he roars in response to the almost oblivious eidolon, catching the beast midwaist, and creating a clap of thunder at the impact so powerful that the few remaining tables and chairs standing are blown skidding away in the shockwave. The eidolon is a juggernaut, and largely unhurt by the assault, but is flung wildly off course from it's intended prey, the still tottering giantess Nebembe, instead plowing directly through the freestanding hearth that the Serpent had been staring into not a minute ago. The stonework explodes, sending a bloom of dust and ash throughout the held space. Borborygnos rises quickly, shaking it's massive fang-filled maw to clear the dust away.

"What sort of foulness can separate our greatness from the Concord?!" Nebembe screams in rage, as she spins, and backs away from the rising dust-shrouded carnivore, her right arm now aflame from within with fire light and covered in ruddy glowing, almost diabloic tatoos, even as she brazenly ignores the still spattering stump at the end of her now dark, steaming left arm. She assumes a defensive fighting stance, the look of anger on her face tempered by, perhaps, the faintest first blooms of fear.

"Deonar was right, Mooldovann take him... we should have brought one of the Crimson Sons with us...

"HA! AND THEY SAY BULLETS NEVER WORK AGAINST MAGIC! SUCK IT!" The Sniper remarked as one of his shots finally got though, unaware that it was really more a stroke of luck then skill that won the battle this day.
Not even breaking his gentle pace, David kept advancing on Nebembe while Yuna and Borb kept using their own magics against the enemy.
It was almost like a scene from a Naked Gun movie, the Irishman calmly walking though the madness and even pausing to pick up a steaming, bubbling, exotic looking glass of liquor before the table it was on was shattered by a stray tentacle.
"What sort of foulness can separate our greatness from the Concord?! Deonar was right, Mooldovann take him... we should have brought one of the Crimson Sons with us..."
"Oi, whatsyerface! Something wrong? No more hocus-pocus? Outta Mana? Abilities on Cooldown? oh, tha-that's just such a shame..." He asked in a mocking tone as he took a sip of that drink, wincing slightly as it went down.
"Hmm...that ain't bad actually...Anyway, So...Let me explain something to yah..." He began to explain as the boring human spoke to the wounded giant.
"Now...I do this kinda thing a lot and I like to think that I'm good at it. Saving the world, shooting badguys, that kinda thing. But...This was my day-off...and I went out of my way to find this place, this Pub which is MILES away from anyone who knows me or what I do. That way, I wouldn't get disturbed while I was having a good time. But nooooooooooooooooo, you just had to stir the shit, didn't cha?..."

Another shot rang out as Nebembe's kneecap was quickly blown to pieces by the weapon, causing her to fall to her good knee right before a smoking gun barrel was pointed in her face.
"So...here's what's going to happen: You are going to stop this bullshit. You are going to calm the fuck down. You are going to-...most likely get medical attention and then you are going to leave before I really start getting upset at how much you are ruining my night. And you aren't going to complain, you aren't going to do some second-wind nonsense or try to get in a cheap shot. And if you still need to resolve this little row of yours, at least give me the simple version so I know why I had to take some time out of my drinking plans to sort this shit out..."
Taking another swig of his stolen drink, he glanced over to Yuna before saying "That goes for you as well, By the way. So I hope you were listening, it'd be a lot faster then giving that little speech again..."

Relief quickly turned into shocked disgust as Enadar's sleep hex gave way to Deonar's brains being blown out. Granted, that was probably the safest way of dealing with that giant considering what he'd been trying to do. Still...ew. That was a messy way to go.

"What sort of foulness can separate our greatness from the Concord?!" Nebembe screams in rage, as she spins, and backs away from the rising dust-shrouded carnivore, her right arm now aflame from within with fire light and covered in ruddy glowing, almost diabloic tatoos, even as she brazenly ignores the still spattering stump at the end of her now dark, steaming left arm. She assumes a defensive fighting stance, the look of anger on her face tempered by, perhaps, the faintest first blooms of fear.

Right...not out of the roc's nest yet. Enadar tightened his grip on his staff. He was an opportunist, not a fighter. He'd wait for someone else to make the first move.

As all this went on, Lasiel had observed the battle but rarely took actual action. She almost found it enjoyable to duck and weave around the ensuing chaos (though the spell with the Black Tentacles did make her a bit... uncomfortable.)

However, once there was actual bloodshed, her eyes very quickly went wide, a splash of blood from the dead giant's face hitting her cheek, she was very very much LESS amused. Her eyes went wide in shock, she'd never seen such a powerful weapon as to let fly what seemed to be no less than arrows that brought the very touch of death itself, each one with what sounded like a resounding crack of thunder. She was frozen in fear, more at the thought that the boisterous man that wielded it had so few qualms about using it, and so easily at that, than the fact that the giant had been brought low. All that said, she felt she needed to intercede.

The whole of the bar would hear a scream of "STOP THISS!" as soon as her breath returned. She did perhaps one of the most daring moves of all involved as she actually placed her spear between David and Nebembe, coming to the defense of the giantess. Hers was a way that tried always to see all angles. There must have been some reason to their boisterous and violent intrusion. Until that reason was made clear, she would do all she could to ensure no more blood was shed on either side.

"You." She said, being rather short[1] with the giantess who seemed to lead the three, "Whichever realm you hail from, I susspect it is not thiss one, as is the case for mosst patrons here. You cannot ssimply walk in and expect us to know nor care about your demands, much less you yoursselves. You may well have disconnected yoursselves from your source of power. If you continue this, surely with mosst of those now- whether you like it or not, your equals- you will die. One of you already has, and you've susstained harm yourself. Be calm, be patient, be civil, and I will use what little ability I have to do so you resstore you. If you want to throw your life away, I will not sstop you. Not any more than thiss one attempt." She says, before turning to David. (Not that he was the only one whom this applied for, but he was the most immediate threat to them)

"I undersstand you're here for a likely well deserved rest, but don't let anger cloud your judgement. As things are, it has become clear they are not of ssuch significant threat as they claimed, certainly not to you. Please, relent. If she decides to continue, I will not sstop you either, but those who declared themselves our foes are battered and broken before us. Now is a time to take advantage of that and get ssome answers, yess?" she said, trying to be the voice of reason, the call for parlay in this whole exchange.

[1] no pun intended

The rage emanating from Nebembe's shaking form was almost palpable as she knelt, broken, in the rubble. Her knee was badly damaged in the gun blast, but she was clearly readying herself to action, as her arms began to glow red-hot, and steam whooshed from her tense form. Even as a spear was leveled between her and the cocky gunslinger, through gritted teeth she snarled:
"If... there will be no... gasp, then perhaps... a boiling..."

But before her arms could erupt in flame, A huge bronze bar of an arm snaked out from the dust clouds behind her, wrapping firmly around Nebembe's shuddering waist. It was Akonis, rubble strewn but unharmed. Plucking her up like a child, Akonis spins slightly, bringing his other arm to bear, which flashes with a blinding light from his outstretched hand! From past the obfuscating blowout, he mutters "This was... ill-advised of us. You have power, granted. But we will return, and the light of the Crimson Sons will burn through to the truth." Nebembe tensed up initially, clearly ready to fling off her ally, but of a sudden shuddered and went limp, seemingly exhausted. Through the glare, Akonis flings a punch at the tavern wall behind him, and with a buckling tears a hole in what is sane. It seems to sap the last of his super power, and with a grunt, he leaps through the rent, into the swirling vortex of dust.

The hole in the tavern very quickly patches itself up, seeming to grow and morph like clay. As the whistling of air and dust slows to a faint squeal, there comes a shattering sound, as the wall of force collapses, it's shards fading to nothingness before they collect on the floor.

Of the corpse of the fallen giant Deonar, naught remains, save a huge, man-shaped scorching on the tavern floor, still smouldering.

Guests return to the space. Chairs and furniture are righted, and the wounded are tended to. Even the stone hearth begins, slowly, to reconstitute.

The Serpent glides quietly back to the righted table, it's hood briefly turning to take in the returning patrons.

"Ssss... that wass... mosst unexpected."

As the room calmed down once more, Enadar collapsed onto the floor.

"Heh." It really wasn't funny, but for some reason he couldn't help but laugh.

"Heh heh heh."

That was...absolutely terrifying. He was so used to catching horse thieves and conmen that it was easy to forget that the plains had much more powerful beings that would be all too happy to do him harm. And he was not capable of dealing with them as he was now.

After a few decades of complacency, it wasn't easy for him to admit, but in light of recent events it was very obvious now. "I...need a lot more training". Mina seemed to nod as she once more perched on his shoulder.

"Aww, that was anti-climactic," Borborygmos growled petulantly, "and here I'd just worked up an appetite." His stomach rumbled on cue, as if to confirm this fact.

"Indeed," Yuna agreed, stepping up beside her still oversized partner, dropping her invisibility at last with a click of her fingers, "and what a waste of magic those last spells were."

"I know right! I didn't even get to kill anything!"

"There there," she said absently-minded patting him as if to placate the beast, whilst taking out her healing wand and and giving her friend a quick patching up, watching the devastated pub slowly re-assemble itself, "I think we have the measure of the two that escaped though, if we run into them again we'll be better prepared."

"Still, I'd say it's very much ruined the mood, and I don't think quite everyone is happy with us," she cast a scathing glance at the gunslinger who had killed Deonar, "even if they were the ones who started it. So maybe we'd better make ourselves scarce for a while, until things cool off."

"You're the boss."

Yuna gave a satisfied nod, before turning to the small group she had been talking with before all the unpleasantness had occurred. "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you all," She gave a quick bow, "but we have a multiverse to explore, so we'd best get to it. Until we meet again!"

And with that, the tiny Summoner girl headed for the door, followed by her faithful, and still utterly gigantic Eidolon. As they passed the bar, she flicked a Mage Hand guided gemstone to the barman, as payment for her meal. "Sorry about the mess," she offered, without breaking stride.

Behind her, Borborygmos paused, looked over at the barman, and said, "Excellent food. Great entertainment. Interesting people. 10/10." Slowly, a mischievous grin that showed vicious, fanged teeth split his face. "I'll be sure to recommend you to all my friends!" With this final, terrifying proclamation, he continued on his way, the door to the exit seeming to enlarge momentarily to accommodate his departure, as the pair left the pub.

"...Can't argue with that." David remarked before he did a quick spin of his weapon before slotting it back into the holster on his hip.
It was then that Nebembe and Akonis began to make their exit from the Pub, but not before deciding that the best way to thank someone who not killing them was trying to burn the damn eyes out of their skulls.
"AH! MOTHERFUC- THE HELL DID I TELL YOU ABOUT CHEAP SHOTS?!" He shouted before managing to get another 3 shots off at the fleeing-...whatever the hell they were meant to be, the bullets managing to sneak in though the portal they made their exit in.
"Ahhh....god, feel like I headbutted a disco light..." The Irishman cursed as he massaged his eyes with his hand.
"Well...so long as they've left I guess...Right, now, I need figure out what the hell this drink is called..." He then said before quickly reverting to his nationalities natural state as the Pub began to come back to life around him, taking another swig of the bubbling brew as he glanced around the room.

"Heh heh heh. I...need a lot more training"

"Ahhh, only people who don't need more training are people who have retired or are dead. Now get up, you don't know where that floor has been." David said to Enadar, snapping his fingers as he pulled him up off the ground and back onto his feet.
"Besides, only so much you can do to train against something so unexpected. Personally, I blame the security. It's almost as bad as it is in my workplace..." He remarked as Yuna and Borb began to make their exit.
"Hey, come on! The after-party hasn't started yet! Don't go leaving, we just kicked that bitches ass!" He pleaded, going his best o re-ignite the life of the party now that the threat had been contained.
Once they heeded/ignored his suggestion, the sniper then brought this attention back to Lasiel, taking another swig before asking "Thanks for the mediation kid. Name's David. David West. Yourself?"

"Ssss... I reckon I owe sssome... compenssation, to ssome of you, for that," the Sage murmurs speculatively as the dust continues to settle.

A talon that looks more suited to slashing out throats than anything emerges from beneath the faded, patchwork robes, and a tiny, midnight-blue silken purse seemed to almost quietly alight on the oaken table. The talon gestures to the nearest righted chairs, and the hood inclines with a nod.

"If it helpsss..." and with the talon withdrawn, the Sage's robes shift, the enormous tail writhes underneath the hem, and with a momentary passing of disorientation and dust, the Sage... is not. It seems to... shrink, to gently deflate in size... and then a new form becomes more apparent beneath the resizing robes. The gentle curve of a soft, human jawline can be seen now within the shade of the enormous hood. Scintilating, multi-hued at first, settling on deepest brown, yet definitely human eyes peer questioningly about. Several blonde curls bounce down from the hood's darkness. It, has become She. The Sage smiles.

"And perhaps we can discuss what has happened... at least, before the Barkeep arrives. I suspect his arrival will herald my departure," she sighs, her voice dusky, bringing to mind a tired barmaids- weary, and yet wry.

Even as the Sage was talking, a certain thrumming could be felt in the floorboards. It was a subtle expression of power... but, somehow, anyone could tell it was the Barkeep. He was coming, but momentarily held up by several clients, demanding explanations, compensation, prominence.

"Hey, come on! The after-party hasn't started yet! Don't go leaving, we just kicked that bitches ass!" He pleaded, going his best o re-ignite the life of the party now that the threat had been contained.
Once they heeded/ignored his suggestion, the sniper then brought this attention back to Lasiel, taking another swig before asking "Thanks for the mediation kid. Name's David. David West. Yourself?"

"Lasiel." she replied, almost a little intimidated by David, apparently. Though she did do one thing people probably wouldn't expect at this point, given the debt she seemed to owe him. She punched him, in that spot right between your ribs where one would normally perform a Heimlich maneuver. Though she didn't hit very hard, and rather than a full fist, she simply hit him with her palm with her fingers curled in. What followed was a small flash of light, it wasn't too bright, but it rippled over and across David's body, and dissipating. Where his eyes were burning before, he'd feel like nothing even happened to them.

"As a thankss... I'm not very good at healing arts, but I at least know how to use positive energy as a painkiller. On that note, what is that?" she said, pointing to David's gun. "I've never seen ssuch a weapon. Are they... common where you're from?" she shudders at the thought.

"WHOAHAYWHA-....oh.....Could have given me more heads up there...would have shot you if you didn't get the drop on me." David calmly remarked, glossing over the fact that Lasiel could have TOTALLY owned his ass if she wasn't using healing magic (Or...knowing his luck, she could have ripped out his spine Sub-Zero style.
"Still, this?...This is a custom-made Smith & Wesson Model 500 Magnum Revolver. The most powerful handgun currently in production, crafted with all the love and care a professional can shower over it. Everyone these days uses magic or some crazy kung-fu bullshit. Me? Can't beat a personal handcannon..." He explained as he showed off his skill with the weapon, rapidly spinning it in his hand and even juggling it behind his back while still holding his(?) drink.

It was during this display that he noted the Sage seemingly switch genders before taking a seat at a nearby table.
".... *Shudder* It's like Devon all over again....errr, don't ask." David quipped before holstering his weapon and taking a seat opposite this Sage.
"Hey, just a heads up, if this is one of those "Do this thing or the entire omni-verse or whatever explodes" deals, can it wait until after my done with my holidays? I only get so many a year and if I don't use them, I won't get holiday pay..."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here