Announcing Escapist Expo

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

GaltarDude1138:

This sounds very, very exciting.

I just have one question:

Are you inviting Extra Credits? Because that might be awkward...

EDIT: What Susan said...

TimeLord:

alrekr:
I'd love to go...if I didn't live in England and thus need to take a long (and costly) trans-atlantic flight.

You wouldn't consider franchising out into a European version would you?

Pah! I live in Scotland and I'm still going! I'm not going to miss something this awesome because I live on the wrong side of a big lake! :D

Well you clearly have more money to burn then I do...

...and haven't spent most of it on tickets for MCM and the Downloads festival

alrekr:

TimeLord:

alrekr:
I'd love to go...if I didn't live in England and thus need to take a long (and costly) trans-atlantic flight.

Pah! I live in Scotland and I'm still going! I'm not going to miss something this awesome because I live on the wrong side of a big lake! :D

Downloads festival? I'll take a MiracleOfSound concert any day ;)

Wish I could go. You lucky americans.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Exciting, and luckily it looks like I am going to be able to make it this time, I'm excited.

Caramel Frappe:
.. I might, just might be able to attend this time. Last time I couldn't because my parents were using the money to visit my brother in Washington D.C. instead of allowing me to attend an Escapist Expo sadly. But now, I have the chance to go without any complications. Unsure if I can go still but.. I feel this year will be my chance.

Also- Magic: The Gathering is present at this expo? Wow, how long has it been since I played that card game? I loved using my black/white deck from time to time and now if I can go... I can bring back this baby to fight against people's decks and that there is already enough for me to do. However, you're also having so much going on plus additional activities so I could I possibly miss out on this epic event?!

This is the first time we're doing this Caramel. There was no last time :D

TimeLord:

alrekr:

TimeLord:

What?! Where and When?!. No one informed me he was touring! I'd rather MoS played instead of some of the bands going to DF anyhow.

Nasrin:

GaltarDude1138:

No, of course not.

If they asked to come and applied for a booth would you accept?

rayen020:

Nasrin:

GaltarDude1138:

No, of course not.

It's not my call, and really not the kind of thing that we can or should discuss casually in the forum.

alrekr:

TimeLord:

alrekr:

What?! Where and When?!. No one informed me he was touring! I'd rather MoS played instead of some of the bands going to DF anyhow.

He's playing a concert at the Escapist Expo, have a read of the official site :)

http://www.escapistexpo.com/

Nasrin:

rayen020:

It's not my call, and really not the kind of thing that we can or should discuss casually in the forum.

Very well then. to change the subject i will ask this. Can we call this E2, or would the ESA get all lawyeree on you?

TimeLord:

alrekr:

TimeLord:

He's playing a concert at the Escapist Expo, have a read of the official site :)

http://www.escapistexpo.com/

This is more or less the same as throwing salt in my eyes. I feel even more sad then before...I'm gonna go to bed before you tell me Dr.Doom on a Unicorn will be attending along with liquid fun.

rayen020:

Nasrin:

rayen020:

Very well then. to change the subject i will ask this. Can we call this E2, or would the ESA get all lawyeree on you?

Why E2? Expo is only 4 letters! haha

alrekr:

This is more or less the same as throwing salt in my eyes. I feel even more sad then before...I'm gonna go to bed before you tell me Dr.Doom on a Unicorn will be attending along with liquid fun.

i just got my cosplay idea!

Nasrin:

Caramel Frappe:
.. I might, just might be able to attend this time. Last time I couldn't because my parents were using the money to visit my brother in Washington D.C. instead of allowing me to attend an Escapist Expo sadly. But now, I have the chance to go without any complications. Unsure if I can go still but.. I feel this year will be my chance.

Also- Magic: The Gathering is present at this expo? Wow, how long has it been since I played that card game? I loved using my black/white deck from time to time and now if I can go... I can bring back this baby to fight against people's decks and that there is already enough for me to do. However, you're also having so much going on plus additional activities so I could I possibly miss out on this epic event?!

Caramel MIGHT be referring to the Game-X Expo you guys attended in Pennsylvania a couple of years back.

Anyway. Since I have a friend in the airline biz, there's a small but non-zero chance I might attend this. If so, I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures (and since I now own a laptop, it could totally be a semi-live update sort of thing).

TimeLord:

sky14kemea:

TimeLord:

Woah woah woah, we should be the ones randomly hitting others while shouting "BANNED!"

That's what I said. :0

we'd be the ones doing the hitting. I ain't letting people hit me D:

Oooh... For some reason I read that as;

"People can come up to our booth and can hit us with inflatable ban hammers"

:D

I just want to put Yahtzee in a Dunk Tank. But mods should work as well. :D

Nasrin:

Caramel Frappe:

Ah.. my mistake. *embarrassed* Last time The Escapist had something going on, an event with the crew and everything.. I won a free ticket to the event that took place in LA yet because of my brother's visit I wasn't able to go. I've mistaken this as a continuing event from 2011 ... sorry Nasrin lol.

Kross:

TimeLord:

Hahaha...
Haha..
Ha....
I'll be keeping an eye on you at all times in September! I don't want to be randomly grabbed and shoved on a dunk tank!

September 14-16...

FUCKING GAP YEAR FTW!

Now I just need to rob the necessary amount of banks to get out of the UK for a few days. But seriously, Yahtzee, Jim and Gavin all in one place? Not missing that.

Hmmm, transatlantic flight, visa, "security" checks, sounds like this is a no-go :(

Oh well, give me Pictures instead or it didn't happen!... ;)

Great to see this happening, tho a shame i an`t join in the fun.
But hey, maybe there`ll be some sort of Euro-Esca-Expo, or something along the lines oh that.
Still, best of luck with all the organizing and other such stuff!

I'd love to go, but I doubt that me and the boyfriend could afford to go (travel, con tickets, and hotel).

I know! Just move that sucker up to NYC! Then we could go!

GaltarDude1138:

Well, they're not an Escapist property anymore, so I'm not sure why you're asking that, except to try and cause some drama. If they want to exhibit, they're welcome to, just like anyone else.

rayen020:
*SQUEEEEEE* i just moved to raleigh, i didn't know you guys were based here! i a so there!

Addendum; to you need any volunteers? I've volunteered at conventions before, and i have expeirence in audio/video production and set-up.

We sure do! We'll have a volunteer registration page up and running on the Expo site soon. A few people have mentioned that they'd like to volunteer, and I'm hoping to have a full squad of Escapist forumites on staff for the Expo. :)

..I want to go to there...

TimeLord:

Kross:

TimeLord:

Hahaha...
Haha..
Ha....
I'll be keeping an eye on you at all times in September! I don't want to be randomly grabbed and shoved on a dunk tank!

Oh, you won't even notice a thing~

OT: Super excited for this! If I'm not busy with uni, I'll definitely be there!

Susan Arendt:

Well, they're not an Escapist property anymore, so I'm not sure why you're asking that, except to try and cause some drama. If they want to exhibit, they're welcome to, just like anyone else.

Drama? Haha, no, no, there's enough drama about Mass Effect 3, I'd rather not add any kind of drama to the forums. Apologies.

I was just asking if they did ask for a booth, given the history between you guys, I was wondering if that might cause problems.

But you guys said it won't, so that's good enough for me. And the Internet.

I had no idea you guys were based here in NC. I'll be getting that time scheduled off to go. Just keep us updated about the event and I'll bring a few people along. Thanks.

North Carolina is sever states away.... this makes Draco sad.

Nasrin:

Why E2? Expo is only 4 letters! haha

Escpo for short!

TimeLord:

alrekr:

you have a time machine, you can get there!

In fact could you go now and let the rest of us know how it is!?!

captcha: gone dolally... yes many years ago!

The American Tobacco Campus? For SHAME Escapist! Smoking Kills! You want all your guests to be dead!

Just kidding, the place actually looks pretty nice.

Do you have an ETA for when attendance info will be up?

This sounds amazing :D

Plus, it's a gaming convention I can go to without going out of state, being in Charlotte pays off for once!

May I suggest a PubClub contest for members to go to the Expo?

Cause I'm suggesting it. Riiiiiiight.... now.

Mumorpuger:

If this year is successful ,that's probably something we'll seriously consider!

Susan Arendt:

Mumorpuger:

If this year is successful ,that's probably something we'll seriously consider!

I've already looked up info for how much a flight will cost that weekend... I might be heading out there. I want something signed by you.... You're one of my favorite people! <3

I'm on vacation then! So, currently, it looks like a Jeep trip is in order...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.