Announcing Escapist Expo

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Gav is doing a live concert? *swoon* I HAVE to make it to this. I didn't make it to PAX, but I have to try and make it to this.

:) THIS. IS. AWESOME!!!!

:( BUT I STILL CAN'T GO!

WHY!? why? What is the point of this teasing?

Captcha: bait the line
Oh. Well, I'm hooked.

So, who wants to give me money to fly from Los Angeles to Durham?

Come on. Don't be shy.

Holy crap, living in Durham NC is finally going to pay off for me!

Mumorpuger:

Susan Arendt:

Mumorpuger:
May I suggest a PubClub contest for members to go to the Expo?

Cause I'm suggesting it. Riiiiiiight.... now.

If this year is successful ,that's probably something we'll seriously consider!

I've already looked up info for how much a flight will cost that weekend... I might be heading out there. I want something signed by you.... You're one of my favorite people! <3

If you make it, we can totally hang out. :) but be warned! I shall make you play Dance Central!

Damn, I live in California....

Enjoy the show!

Susan Arendt:
-snip-

If I can make it, let the staff know that they can expect a(nother) box of cookies :3

Anyone else feeling like the typical "dumb" American and checking a map just to be sure North Carolina is on the East Cost near Georgia?

Yeah I was right, just a little bit too far for my tastes.

Too bad. I would have loved to own that Hexproof guy in MTG, preferably with a pauper deck.

This. Is. Awesomer.

I WANNA GO! Unfortunately I live in Illinois and can't afford travel there. :(

Dammit... Why does NOTHING ever happen in Illinois...

Oh god dammit, why do I have to live in Australia. I miss everything dammit. This sounds like it would be so much fun, and there's no way I could go. Maybe some day I can go live in the U.S. for a year and go to all these cool conventions. You better still be doing this Escapist!

Enjoy yourself everyone who can go.

Interesting I guess

Hell yes. I finally have a con worth going to right up the street from Fay, NC.

Edit: Charlotte, NC come september.....

Rainboq:

Susan Arendt:
-snip-

If I can make it, let the staff know that they can expect a(nother) box of cookies :3

They shall, naturally, have to come through me first. For...safety inspection. Yes.

North Carolina? If only I had the time and money.
I must say, I didn't know the Escapist was doing so well that they could start an expo. I hope it goes well.

Well now NC eh? I guess NC needs a expo sometimes too, but yeah.

Even if I were to scrape the money together I'd be back at uni by then. Might I ask why September was chosen?

War Penguin:

Come on. Don't be shy.

And me. We'll also need money for a hotel (four star at least), and the flight back(first class).
pl0x?

.No.:

War Penguin:

Come on. Don't be shy.

And me. We'll also need money for a hotel (four star at least), and the flight back(first class).
pl0x?

Hey, I asked first!

.No.:

War Penguin:

Come on. Don't be shy.

pl0x?

we need a kickstarter to raise money to send members to this shindig.

Aussie-scapist worked out my budgeting already! First time in the states and I think it'll be the best way to spend it ^>^

Depending on how alive/interested in your "Iron Chef-style board game design competition" my friend(s) is/are and how much money I can avoid spending I will surely be trying to go down for this.

will any of the escapist's stars be there? like Yahtzee, moviebob or the guys from No right answer?

D: I wish I could go. It'll cost thousands to get to America :/
I'm struggling to afford the bus to get to work now! -_- Have fun anyway!

Tyro Seri:
will any of the escapist's stars be there? like Yahtzee, moviebob or the guys from No right answer?

They will!

and... so will we :D

This is interesting. It's definitely a good thing. The Jensen probably won't be there though. Unless something about my personality changes drastically. I'm not a people person. And I hate crowds. It's for your own good.

This is the kind of thing I would love to see, but it's not exactly possible given where I live and my means.

Cure you Australia, why must you ruin everything gaming related?!

I already asked this in the PubClub thread, but just to make sure. What (other) airports are reasonably close to Durham (as in rent a car driveable)? Durham/Raleigh airport is prohibitively expensive :(

Eleuthera:
I already asked this in the PubClub thread, but just to make sure. What (other) airports are reasonably close to Durham (as in rent a car driveable)? Durham/Raleigh airport is prohibitively expensive :(

Well, you can try Charlotte, which is an hour away. Barring that, there's Washington DC, which is about three hours away. Of course, at that point, the hassle/expense probably equals just flying into RDU.

Susan Arendt:

Well, you can try Charlotte, which is an hour away. Barring that, there's Washington DC, which is about three hours away. Of course, at that point, the hassle/expense probably equals just flying into RDU.

Thanks I'll look into Charlotte as well.

I did check Washinton and can get there pretty cheaply (~1500$ cheaper then Durham...) So just driving may well be worth it.

Steve Butts:

alrekr:
You wouldn't consider franchising out into a European version would you?

We've got our hands full with this one, but it's not something we'd ever rule out. Right now we're waiting to see how this one comes off.

Then please, please, please consider doing video or audio recordings of the major panels and interviews etc. and put them up as podcasts; both for those of us who can't make it and as a lasting record.

And, I'm sure you guys are way ahead on this with your planning anyway but, don't overlook your convention's 'end phase' - make sure that when Sept 16th comes around, you have a firm idea of what's next (for the Expo) in terms of planning/organisation etc. for next year. You guys are probably three steps ahead on this already and I'm not saying it to be fussy, I'm saying it because I'd dearly love this to be become a regular, sucessful and, dare I say, boundary-pushing, Expo.

Susan Arendt:

Rainboq:

Susan Arendt:
-snip-

They shall, naturally, have to come through me first. For...safety inspection. Yes.

Naturally, safety first...

AbstractStream:
Gav is doing a live concert? *swoon* I HAVE to make it to this. I didn't make it to PAX, but I have to try and make it to this.

Yeah, I feel the same. I mean, Mr. Dunne does all the music himself (save for when he had some help for 'Sweet L.A.'), so that must mean he performs with some kind of super one man band.

I'd pay good money to see that, but I don't have any money. I know, I'll sell one of the boyfriend's kidneys! They're bigger and healthier than mine, so they aught to be worth way more than mine!

Eleuthera:

Susan Arendt:

Thanks I'll look into Charlotte as well.

I did check Washinton and can get there pretty cheaply (~1500$ cheaper then Durham...) So just driving may well be worth it.

Actually, I'm wrong - I meant Greensboro, not Charlotte. Charlotte is more like three hours away. Greensboro is about one.

But dang, $1500 cheaper, get the rental car and drive.

This is just awesome. It's great to hear this is happening, though of course it's tinged with a tad of jealously seeing as I live in Scotland. Will be looking forward to it none the less!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.