Carpool, Lodging Plans, Etc.: The Thread!

If folks are looking to make new friends by carpooling, sharing parking, etc., here's a good place to do it! Here's how this works:

- If you're interested in taking on passengers, create a post in this thread. It'll help if we follow similar formats, so that potential passengers can browse quickly and easily. Here's my example:

Name: Brian and Jessica
Traveling From: Roanoke Rapids, NC (NE area of NC, along I-95)
Date(s) at Expo: Sept. 14, 15, and 16
Staying at: Super 8, 2.4 miles from the convention center
Looking to: Carpool to/from Motel or around Expo Area
# of Passengers/Guests: max of 4 (minivan)
Needs: Partial gas/parking money, to be decided before the event. Non-smokers preferred. We are light/moderate drinkers -- no one under 21.

- Be sure to keep your listing up to date, so that folks know if/when it's full.

- Potential passengers: Contact the posters via PM, and take it from there!

Dastardly:
If folks are looking to make new friends by carpooling, sharing parking, etc., here's a good place to do it! Here's how this works:

- If you're interested in taking on passengers, create a post in this thread. It'll help if we follow similar formats, so that potential passengers can browse quickly and easily. Here's my example:

Name: Brian and Jessica
Traveling From: Roanoke Rapids, NC (NE area of NC, along I-95)
Date(s) at Expo: Sept. 14, 15, and 16
Staying at: Super 8, 2.4 miles from the convention center
Looking to: Carpool to/from the Expo, and/or to/from Motel
# of Passengers/Guests: max of 4 (minivan)
Needs: Partial gas/parking money, to be decided before the event. Non-smokers preferred. We are light/moderate drinkers -- no one under 21.

- Be sure to keep your listing up to date, so that folks know if/when it's full.

- Potential passengers: Contact the posters via PM, and take it from there!

Mind picking me up in wilmington? Lol, jk.

Hmmmm, I would offer to car pool anyone from Wilmington, but we are only going for one day, and the car might be full already. Let you guys know later.

Name: Allie and Andrew
Traveling From: Northern Virginia Area (DC/Metro)
Date(s) at Expo: Sept. 13-16 - We are departing VA on Thursday evening-ish (after work hours). Will be leaving on the 16th (time is debatable)
Staying at: Durham Marriott City Center
Looking to: Carpool to/from the Expo. If you aren't in our hotel, we will gladly drop off/pick up at yours (as long as it isn't a million miles away).
# of Passengers/Guests: Max 3. Two can fitcomfortably, as we will probably be driving a Challenger (read: tight fit in the back seat). If you don't mind snuggling with strangers, we aren't opposed to three.
Needs: Maybe some gas money?? If so, not much at all. Non-smokers preferred (unless you can wait till pee breaks). Expect many nerdy conversations and back seat driving by me.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

If anyone is going from Kentucky, I would love to go. I live in Carolina, but go to school a couple states away :P

Name: Ed
Traveling From: Cleveland, Ohio
Date(s) at Expo: Leaving September 12th for, leaving September 18th from
Staying at: Relatives house in Durham
Looking to: Carpool to and/or from convention. Will take to where you need within reason. Also looking to help anyone who needs ride from airport to their hotel
# of Passengers/Guests: Up to 3, assuming not too much luggage
Needs: Partial gas money, (very lenient, will possibly take paying for meal to knock off chunk of gas money) no smoking in the car, will take breaks on trip if need be.

PM me if you're interested at all, will exchange phone numbers, want to help as much as possible

Name: Mike
Traveling From: Knoxville, TN
Date(s) at Expo: Leaving TN at noon on the 12th, returning Sunday at some point.
Staying at: Convention Center
Looking to: Offer rides? (Not the moustache variety.)
# of Passengers/Guests: It's a four-door Wrangler, so at most four.
Needs: Maybe some gas money.
PM me if you're interested at all, will exchange phone numbers, want to help as much as possible

(edited my previous post. Due to the size of our costumes, we prob'ly won't be able to bring folks to or from the event itself -- but we're still glad to help transport folks around Durham and to/from the motel!)

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.