Registration for the Escapist Expo Is Now Open!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Registration for the Escapist Expo Is Now Open!

Come to North Carolina to rub elbows with all your favorite Escapist contributors and staff members for a weekend!

We here at The Escapist are super excited about meeting the community at the first ever Escapist Expo this September in Durham, North Carolina. If you're looking forward to it as much as we are, we're happy to announce that tickets for the event are now on sale!

If you only intend to show up for a single day, a pass will run you $15. If you'll be joining us for the whole weekend, you can save a little dough by buying a three-day pass for $30. Those who register early will be automatically upgraded to a VIP pass, granting them early-access seating to both Movie Night with MovieBob and Gavin "Miracle of Sound" Dunne's live performance of the awesome game-inspired tunes you know and love. This complementary VIP access will only be available for a limited time, so the quicker you work out your plans the better!

We hope to see you with us in Durham from September 14-16, because it's going to be a blast. For more on the Escapist Expo, check out our full announcement or head on over to the official site.

Will James (Extra Credits) and Rob (Unforgotten Realms) be there?

nathan-dts:

How exactly is that a valid question? Before you explain, let me go ahead and say that it's not.

Mumorpuger:

nathan-dts:

How exactly is that a valid question? Before you explain, let me go ahead and say that it's not.

Let me pose a similar question to you; How is it not a valid question?

Yay! I like the incentive to ordering early.

nathan-dts:

Mumorpuger:

nathan-dts:

No.

I'm sure you can puzzle it out though.

nathan-dts:

While we would really love to see both of those lovely folks, and their associated crews, as neither are currently featured content providers for The Escapist, we really can't comment on their possible future plans.

What we DO know is that the infamous Yahtzee will be there, along with Gavin Dunne of Miracle of Sound, Bob Chipman of Escape to the Movies and The Big Picture, Jim Sterling of The Jimquisition, the Loading Ready Run gang and many of our other contributors.

I hope to see you there!

Nasrin:

nathan-dts:

While we would really love to see both of those lovely folks, and their associated crews, as neither are currently featured content providers for The Escapist, we really can't comment on their possible future plans.

What we DO know is that the infamous Yahtzee will be there, along with Gavin Dunne of Miracle of Sound, Bob Chipman of Escape to the Movies and The Big Picture, Jim Sterling of The Jimquisition, the Loading Ready Run gang and many of our other contributors.

I hope to see you there!

And me! That counts for...something....right? No. Well, poo.

Damn, I'll be starting my PLC (post leaving cert) course here in Ireland the 15th of September, that suck, could have gone otherwise.

Mumorpuger:

nathan-dts:

Mumorpuger:

No.

My point is that every funny and intersting video contributer has been mistreated and has left. All the funny forum posters have been banned or stopped posting. It's a little too late to do a convention when your audience is now comprised of emo's and March Madness people.

nathan-dts:

Mumorpuger:

nathan-dts:

No.

My point is that every funny and intersting video contributer has been mistreated and has left. All the funny forum posters have been banned or stopped posting. It's a little too late to do a convention when your audience is now comprised of emo's and March Madness people.

So which are you? Emo or a March Madness person?

And a total 0 dollars from each ticket sold will go towards Escapist contributers

Nasrin:

nathan-dts:

I hope to see you there!

Unfortunately, being on the other side of the world prevents me from being their and the only contributer I find entertaining on here now is MovieBob.

Susan Arendt:

nathan-dts:

Mumorpuger:

No.

Arg! You beat me to it! I'm gonna have to bring you a picture of a cute animal at the expo or something now.

Would love to but alas i'm a poor english student. Maybe when flights become cheep/have money/don't need a new laptop.

An event to summon all Escapist members into a single, large room, and ask them to play free for all Call of Duty with each other while Yahtzee yells into a megaphone telling them how worthless they are?

There is no way this can end well.

Susan Arendt:

nathan-dts:

Mumorpuger:

No.

My hair would indicate the former however I would say neither. Which is the reason I hardly ever participate on the forums anymore.

Denmark is quite far away from North Caroline and NA as a whole.
Sounds interesting, but there's no way I'll be able to attend.

In a completely (and yet totally not) unrelated topic: I have a t-shirt that features otters on the beach next to their surf boards. They're weaing board shorts. Should I wear it at the Expo? I have a feeling that SOMEONE might get a kick out of it. I don't want to name names... so let's just suggest that it's someone named... Susan A.

Wait, wait... that's too obvious. Let's go with... S. Arendt.

This complementary VIP access will only be available for a limited time, so the quicker you work out your plans the better!

Alternatively, you can get tickets and then worry about pesky little things like plans.

Annnd wow... negative comments didn't take long to show up :/

Mumorpuger:
In a completely (and yet totally not) unrelated topic: I have a t-shirt that features otters on the beach next to their surf boards. They're weaing board shorts. Should I wear it at the Expo? I have a feeling that SOMEONE might get a kick out of it. I don't want to name names... so let's just suggest that it's someone named... Susan A.

Wait, wait... that's too obvious. Let's go with... S. Arendt.

Yes. Yes, this must happen. Yes.

nathan-dts:

We understand if you felt a preference for some of our earlier content (I'm still sad that Arrested Development ended, myself) and if that is the case then of course Expo would not be the ideal venue for you.

However, there are plenty of people that are really excited about our currently staffed content creators and what they might see of them at Expo. Gavin's performance should be phenomenal, for example. I'm also really hoping Dr.Mark will do a panel, as the word from PAX was that he was amazing in person.

I really would love to come over but life and the might sea are both in the way.

Nasrin:

nathan-dts:

We understand if you felt a preference for some of our earlier content (I'm still sad that Arrested Development ended, myself) and if that is the case then of course Expo would not be the ideal venue for you.

However, there are plenty of people that are really excited about our currently staffed content creators and what they might see of them at Expo. Gavin's concert should be phenomenal, for example. I'm also really hoping Dr.Mark will do a panel, as the word from PAX was that he was amazing in person.

Dude, I cannot even tell you what a rock star Dr. Mark was. He's absolutely incredible, and people were lining up to ask him questions for two hours after his panel ended. Oh, also? He uses Magic the Gathering in therapy sessions with some of his patients. Yeah, he's pretty much the coolest guy ever.

127 mi, 2 hours 20 mins according to google maps from Mooresville, N.C. Really wish I could make it but I don't know.

Nasrin:

nathan-dts:

However, there are plenty of people that are really excited about our currently staffed content creators and what they might see of them at Expo. Gavin's concert should be phenomenal, for example. I'm also really hoping Dr.Mark will do a panel, as the word from PAX was that he was amazing in person.

While I don't agree that any current content creators are worth watching with the exception of MovieBob, i'd like to thank you for being the least aggressive and banhammer ready staff member on this website.

Susan Arendt:

Dude, I cannot even tell you what a rock star Dr. Mark was. He's absolutely incredible, and people were lining up to ask him questions for two hours after his panel ended. Oh, also? He uses Magic the Gathering in therapy sessions with some of his patients. Yeah, he's pretty much the coolest guy ever.

You had me at Magic the Gathering therapy sessions <3

Susan Arendt:

nathan-dts:

Mumorpuger:

No.

This was absolute gold!

As for the expo; I'd love to be there, but a trip from Minnesota is likely not gonna happen :(

nathan-dts:

While I don't agree that any current content creators are worth watching with the exception of MovieBob, i'd like to thank you for being the least aggressive and banhammer ready staff member on this website.

You're very welcome! I hope that you reconsider Expo, it should be a lot of geeky fun. If not, see you around the forums :)

Xan Krieger:
127 mi, 2 hours 20 mins according to google maps from Mooresville, N.C. Really wish I could make it but I don't know.

You're not that far! We have the same weather even.

Xan Krieger:

If I can travel several thousand miles from the other side of the world to go to this then you can travel 127 miles :P

I should very much like to go, AND I'm right next door more or less!

Go North Carolina!!

I suppose it all comes down to if I can get that weekend off work, but hopefully I can manage that. And it does sound enjoyable.

Is there any list of ideas for things or entertainment that would be there, or is it too early for that?

TimeLord:

Xan Krieger:

If I can travel several thousand miles from the other side of the world to go to this then you can travel 127 miles :P

Oh! Just gave me an idea. Will there be a brony area? Would we be allowed to set one up?

I'd love to see my good friends here.

nathan-dts:

Mumorpuger:

nathan-dts:

No.

I'm not funny? :(

silver wolf009:
I should very much like to go, AND I'm right next door more or less!

Go North Carolina!!

I suppose it all comes down to if I can get that weekend off work, but hopefully I can manage that. And it does sound enjoyable.

Is there any list of ideas for things or entertainment that would be there, or is it too early for that?

TimeLord:

Xan Krieger:

Oh! Just gave me an idea. Will there be a brony area? Would we be allowed to set one up?

I'd love to see my good friends here.

Hmmm...well, I'm not sure. We didn't have anything like that planned...but if there are enough of you, you could always chip in on a booth! :D (Which I would personally find both hilarious and awesome.)

Augh!! The temptation is driving me mad! This looks like a Fat-Man sized blast of fun, but that $200ish total in gas hurts me in my bank account. :( Also that 7+ hours behind the wheel is nothing to sneeze at...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.