Registration for the Escapist Expo Is Now Open!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Kirbys:
Please let there be videos about this... like the events and such...

I believe we intend to cover The Expo as much as possible while still running it effectively :)

Well, I've registered, booked my room at the hotel, and set things up with friends to split the bills. So hopefully I'm good to go.

Next time do one in Brisbane, kthxploxbye

For those traveling a distance:

Consider alternatives like Amtrak as well. It can get pricey, but usually is cheaper than a plane. Though if you can get a group of friends to go, then definitely cheaper. Or find some friends on the forum you may be able to carpool with and share a hotel room, if you don't have any regular in-person friends willing to go.

OH YEEEAAAHHH!!!!! Been waiting for them to open for registration. All i need to do now is wait for it.

ccesarano:

Consider alternatives like Amtrak as well. It can get pricey, but usually is cheaper than a plane. Though if you can get a group of friends to go, then definitely cheaper. Or find some friends on the forum you may be able to carpool with and share a hotel room, if you don't have any regular in-person friends willing to go.

Huh... I might have to look into the cost for a train. Since I have an 12 hour drive with like $250, it might be easier to just take a train.

EDIT: Looked into it, I couldn't find any stations in Burham.

Kapol:

ccesarano:

Huh... I might have to look into the cost for a train. Since I have an 12 hour drive with like $250, it might be easier to just take a train.

I did, Durham (DNC)

I was planning on going but I took a Bethesda MMO to the knee.

Eleuthera:

Kapol:

ccesarano:

I did, Durham (DNC)

Huh... thanks for the heads up. I looked at Amtrak's list for NC and didn't see it listed. Weird.

EDIT: I figured out why... I'd been typing Burham rather then Durham. *facepalm* Better make sure everything is right with my reservations just in case. But still looks like trains are out for me. There aren't any decent train routes that would take less then 2-3 days and cost less then just paying for gas.

And sadly I won't be coming to this because I couldn't afford a trip there.
But will you be posting videos from the event of the website for this?

Hope it's a fun event. There's no way I'm affording the trip so I'll just cheer for the event and watch the aftermath results.

Ticket's been bought. Gonna start walking/swimming to Durham immediately.

OneOfTheMichael's:
And sadly I won't be coming to this because I couldn't afford a trip there.
But will you be posting videos from the event of the website for this?

Yes, there should be some video coverage.

Silverspud:
Ticket's been bought. Gonna start walking/swimming to Durham immediately.

See you there!

25,856 km trip via car, somehow, I doubt i'll be able to make that.

Susan Arendt:

Nasrin:

nathan-dts:
Will James (Extra Credits) and Rob (Unforgotten Realms) be there?

While we would really love to see both of those lovely folks, and their associated crews, as neither are currently featured content providers for The Escapist, we really can't comment on their possible future plans.

What we DO know is that the infamous Yahtzee will be there, along with Gavin Dunne of Miracle of Sound, Bob Chipman of Escape to the Movies and The Big Picture, Jim Sterling of The Jimquisition, the Loading Ready Run gang and many of our other contributors.

I hope to see you there!

And me! That counts for...something....right? No. Well, poo.

Only if you bring a box of kittens.

Funkbucket:
25,856 km trip via car, somehow, I doubt i'll be able to make that.

Didn't the aunts in James and the Giant Peach drive across the ocean? Seems plausible to me!

As much as I would love to come and support The Escapist, I am not bringing any business to North Carolina.

I look forward to joining you at an Escapist Expo when you choose to host it in a state living in the same century as the rest of us.

Next time, come to Vermont. We have happily married gays and some of the most fantastic Ice Cream in the world.

And remember:

Void(null):
As much as I would love to come and support The Escapist, I am not bringing any business to North Carolina.

I said this before in another Expo thread, but it does bear repeating:

We happen to be located in North Carolina, yes. We are in Durham which is one of the places that voted against the measure. I also encourage you to keep in mind that 29 other states have already passed similar laws.

The Escapist has no political opinion on this subject, it is an online video game magazine. You are perfectly within your rights to have a personal political opinion, but please don't confuse an event that is going on in local government with the ideology or opinions of an entire company.

We have a policy of non-discrimination, which our forum's Code of Conduct should be evidence of.

Nasrin, it's with hesitation I point out that I too was interested in attending until I saw "North Carolina".

While it's wonderful that you can drill down to the point of saying "Hey, Durham voted against", I'm afraid your local politicians won't do likewise. A tourism dollar for Durham is a tourism dollar for North Carolina. A tourism dollar for North Carolina gives your politicians reason to say "See, the vote won't affect us after all, we were right to support the bill."

Sorry, Nasrin. My tourism dollars won't support that bill, or the people in favour of it.

I don't want to drag this into a political discussion, though yes, I feel the law is silly. But you are punishing The Escapist for something they had no control of, and a state for allowing its citizens to vote on it, something that is *gasp* part of the Constitution and part of what America stands for.

You're not punishing a company with capitalism and for doing something you don't like. You're punishing The Escapist for living in a state that put something up to a Democratic vote, and you're having a hissy fit because enough of its citizens happen to disagree with you.

Tough shit. Support The Escapist so they can do this again, and if you really want to be heard slap a bumper sticker on your car that says "I support gay marriage". It'll do more than your absence from the state at all.

Plus, no matter how much you don't want to fund the government, that's not going to change the opinion of the people who voted. You know what will change that? Time.

Again, we're not talking capitalism, we're talking democracy. Stop whining because people disagree with you and support The Escapist so they can do this again.

ccesarano:
support The Escapist so they can do this again.

Thank you, we really appreciate your support.

hahaha, so I read "durham" and got quite excited.... yeah... so thats a Durham in America.... pooop!

Hmm... since the LoadingReadyRun guys will be there and there will be Magic tournaments... will we be able to play Magic with them? :3

I know I don't post here as frequently as I used to but this might be fun. Since I live in Tennessee I might be able to make a road trip.

ProfessorLayton:
Hmm... since the LoadingReadyRun guys will be there and there will be Magic tournaments... will we be able to play Magic with them? :3

I know I don't post here as frequently as I used to but this might be fun. Since I live in Tennessee I might be able to make a road trip.

It's very possible. There will be lots of impromptu MtG games, and LRR will be there, I know that much.

I thought that my parent's wouldn't want me to drive all the way to North Carolina to go to the expo but my dad was okay with it. So my passes have been purchased and I look forward to being there :P

staika:
I thought that my parent's wouldn't want me to drive all the way to North Carolina to go to the expo but my dad was okay with it. So my passes have been purchased and I look forward to being there :P

Your dad sounds like a man of discerning taste, my friend.

I will be there. Couple quick questions though, and I'm going to ask this everywhere, will this have a dealers hall like a regular con or what? If so, what are the going rates for tables? Secondly, will Yaht's new book be out by then and will he be doing signings?

Mel Theofficegamergirl:
I will be there. Couple quick questions though, and I'm going to ask this everywhere, will this have a dealers hall like a regular con or what? If so, what are the going rates for tables? Secondly, will Yaht's new book be out by then and will he be doing signings?

We will have dealers, and you can contact Newton Grant at ngrant@themis-media.com for more information about that.

As far as Yahtzee's book... I'll get back to you on that one!

i dont care about the rest of them as much but do an expo in the uk and bring yahtzee .

Cool! Thanks for the help. It was all taken care of. Look forward to partying with you soon! ;)

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the FAQ thread but here goes:
When will the Emails pertaining to registering passes be sent, I was told by a Greg Lincoln that the passes themselves would be shipped out at the 6-8 week mark before the expo and the registration emails for those before that,but as it is nearly August now that time frame is rapidly approaching. I have sent a similar request for this information through the customer service email on the expo site proper, and have yet to get a response. I understand that its probably insane there in the office with the holidays and the coming event but I would greatly appreciate some kind of information. Thank you in advance

Tickets ordered... Now I have to make my travel plans... I mean, my apartment is a whole 20 minutes away!!! I feel like Lewis... or Clark... or their buddy that Ted who was lazy and stayed home.

Treaos Serrare:
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the FAQ thread but here goes:
When will the Emails pertaining to registering passes be sent, I was told by a Greg Lincoln that the passes themselves would be shipped out at the 6-8 week mark before the expo and the registration emails for those before that,but as it is nearly August now that time frame is rapidly approaching. I have sent a similar request for this information through the customer service email on the expo site proper, and have yet to get a response. I understand that its probably insane there in the office with the holidays and the coming event but I would greatly appreciate some kind of information. Thank you in advance

I don't know the answer, but I'll work on finding out for you. My assumption is that the e-mail notifying you that your pass is being sent will go out at the same time that the passes are mailed. As we aren't quite yet at the 6 week mark I wouldn't worry about it yet.

I'll let ya know when I find out something :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.