What are you looking forward to about the Escapist Expo?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I'm curious what others are excited about, and figured this would be a good place to ask. What are those who post here excited about? Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the kinds of events they have planned and those they've already announced.

Also, please don't bother with comments like "I'm excited about not going." Those aren't productive and just serve to cause problems. If you feel the absolute need to post something like that, then say what you'd LIKE to see or something actually productive.

I'm looking forward to the panels the most. If the ones I experienced from the Escapist staff at PAX are any indication, they'll be interactive and very entertaining with prizes spontaneously thrown into the crowd.

I'm actually most looking forward to the fact that it's a smaller event than PAX East. I know that may sound strange, but most of my interaction at PAX East is with online communities I'm already a part of. It seems like a smaller, 5,000 person event will make it easier to establish connections, where it's more likely you'll see people again and are able to strike up a conversation.

In theory, anyway. Once I can overcome all those stupid introverted tendencies.

Meeting up with staff(if they let me come near ;) ) and forumites really. The LRR contributors seem like cool people as well.

In short just the physical equivalent of lurking on the boards :)

Watching the coverage.

Stupid Uk based life.

Everything!!!

But mostly the Miracle Of Sound concert and just meeting all the staff and forums users in real life!

TimeLord:
Everything!!!

But mostly the Miracle Of Sound concert and just meeting all the staff and forums users in real life!

Me too. I'm really excited to see Gavin live.

ccesarano:
I'm actually most looking forward to the fact that it's a smaller event than PAX East. I know that may sound strange, but most of my interaction at PAX East is with online communities I'm already a part of. It seems like a smaller, 5,000 person event will make it easier to establish connections, where it's more likely you'll see people again and are able to strike up a conversation.

This! Or, well, at least most of it :)

The Escapist Expo will be my first expo and Im really looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. I've really looking forward to the panels and meeting the community. Also, I am a huge Yahtzee fan, so yeah.

EVERYTHING.

Sorry I should be more specific.

Mostly meeting other forum users and the staff. Plus my fellow Moderators and all my friends in the USA that I never get to meet in person. :D

I'm sure the events will be cool, too. I'm just more of a people-oriented person. >.> Although I am looking forward to MiracleOfSound live. :3

It will be vary interesting see forum users IRL and how they compare to there online alter egos.

I my self is not a big fan of groups of people bigger then 1 or 2 but i think this will be more comfortable then say E3 or some other geek conventions...

And what is this I hear about some sort of tobacco shop or festival?

Paul-Harvey:

Our office is based out of an area that was historically used to manufacture tobacco products. It's known as the American Tobacco Campus. It's quite pleasant, really.

I think the "chest high wall lazor tag" sounds like lots of fun! Definitely looking forward to meeting staff/writers/reviewers

I'm just going to mine source material for my upcoming susan/yahtzee/moviebob love triangle jurrasic park crossover fanfic

I'm most looking forward to meeting you lovely people, and a close second is being able to pwn Miracle at Call of Duty while I'm rocking the Pro Pipes.

I can't wait to take in the US culture too, you know that feeling of adventure when your in a foreign land?.

i wants to meet the staff. and some of the contributors. Some of the (IMO) coolest web personalities are here. call me an escapist fanboy...

Really though i want to volunteer and help out. i'm just into that kind of thing. setting up breaking down, running the show. I wanna see what there and find fun things to do. I don't go conventions often but when i do it's always fun.

Definitely looking forward to meeting the staff, I've got some scores to settle.

Kross vs The Staff? I need to get front row seats for this...

why cant it be closer :( have to miss this and already missed E3
but at topic i guess anything game related maybe to meet the staff to

ccesarano:

I'm with you, friend. Us introverts need to stick together! But... I don't want to... you know... bother you. I'll be over here playing my Vita, ok? :P

I too am looking forward to a small(er) Con. So much less intimidating, and since I live in the area, I hope to make a few connections! And maybe if I get crazy enough, have a rockin' after-party at my apartment! But probably not... The Vita needs attention :D

I just want to shoot Yahtzee with a foam dart.

Is this too much to ask?

Honestly, just intermingling with you fellow expo-goers.
I've been to a couple of different conventions before, but never really went out of my way to actually make any acquaintances.

Meeting Yathzee would be pretty sweet, too, I admit. I'd like to get his hancock all over my Mogworld.
Haa.

Dire Sloth:
I've been to a couple of different conventions before, but never really went out of my way to actually make any acquaintances.

Meeting Yathzee would be pretty sweet, too, I admit. I'd like to get his hancock all over my Mogworld.
Haa.

same here, though I'll have to buy a new copy as a friend I lent my original to moved before returning it. it's a shame his new novel JAM wont be available till a month after

Treaos Serrare:

Dire Sloth:

Haa.

same here, though I'll have to buy a new copy as a friend I lent my original to moved before returning it. it's a shame his new novel JAM wont be available till a month after

Honestly, friends can be so useless! (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Are you looking forward to laser tag at all? I know I am. Haven't played laser tag since I was a youngin'.

And YES! Jam! CAN'T WAIT!

the laser tag does look good, and I'm kind of disturbed the Humans V Zombies stuff still isn't on the official expo website, I'm bringing my Nerf guns anyway tho.

Ooooo it would be fucking epic if Yahtzee had a box of pre-sale copies of JAM to raffle off

Treaos Serrare:
the laser tag does look good, and I'm kind of disturbed the Humans V Zombies stuff still isn't on the official expo website, I'm bringing my Nerf guns anyway tho.

Ooooo it would be fucking epic if Yahtzee had a box of pre-sale copies of JAM to raffle off

Fucking epic indeed!
If I can fit my nerf gun in my suitcase, count me in!

DigitalSushi:
I'm most looking forward to meeting you lovely people, and a close second is being able to pwn Miracle at Call of Duty while I'm rocking the Pro Pipes.

I can't wait to take in the US culture too, you know that feeling of adventure when your in a foreign land?.

Where are you from?

Dire Sloth:

DigitalSushi:

Where are you from?

I'm from Paris, France, but I live in London.

Unfortunately I can't make it to The Escapist expo now, family matters I need to take care of, but God willing if I can get there, I'll be there.

Are you going to the Expo Dire Sloth?, where are you from buddy?.

DigitalSushi:

Dire Sloth:

DigitalSushi:

Where are you from?

I'm from Paris, France, but I live in London.

Unfortunately I can't make it to The Escapist expo now, family matters I need to take care of, but God willing if I can get there, I'll be there.

Are you going to the Expo Dire Sloth?, where are you from buddy?.

I'm from Missouri. Basically in the center of the US.
I hope you can make it! Would be awesome to meet some folks across the pond!

Damn I'm jealous of people who can go :/ I would love to see Miracle of Sound live...

Hawkolf:
Damn I'm jealous of people who can go :/ I would love to see Miracle of Sound live...

oh yes it will be glorious! with a very few exceptions i love all of MoS's works

Haven't listened to Miracle of Sound. Should prrrobably start though.

I'm looking forward to any board, card, and minis gaming. It will rock if someone can run any Savage Worlds game. I'll definitely check out the video games, too, but I'm no longer hardcore enough to consider any tournaments.

I'm also looking forward to a bigger game convention that is only 20 minutes from my house! (And, no, I cannot take lodgers - the wife and kids wouldn't approve).

Nasrin:

Paul-Harvey:

Our office is based out of an area that was historically used to manufacture tobacco products. It's known as the American Tobacco Campus. It's quite pleasant, really.

I worked at the ATC when Motricity was there. Beautiful campus. A lot of tasty food and drinking choices, too.

i am looking for a perfect one. What can you say about it?

I'm looking forward to shaking Yahtzee's hand. Kodak moment gents, a warrior and a poet.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.