Expo Cosplay Thread!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This is a thread for all things cosplay![1]

If you need help choosing a costume, you could post a quick description of yourself (And whether you'd be willing to wear a wig or contact lenses, for example) And see what suggestions other Escapists come up with!

Or alternatively, help with making costumes/or exchanging items. If you need help making an item and someone who is good at sewing see's it, maybe they'd be willing to help out. :D

To get the ball rolling, I have a One Piece Luffy hat that I'm willing to lend out.

I'm also willing to sell it, on the off chance you'd want to keep it afterwards. We'd have to negotiate a price though. =P

I'm willing to update the OP if other people have items they're willing to sell/lend out for the Expo. Or for items that people need. Just quote me for my attention if you do!

[1] I know it's early, but there's no harm planning in advance

If anyone has, or is willing to sell me, something that resembles these glasses;

I would be eternally grateful.

The internet and eBay are being unhelpful in my search for an accurate pair!

TimeLord:
If anyone has, or is willing to sell me, something that resembles these glasses;

You should just go to a local drug store/chemist/pharmacy and buy some cheap reading glasses... poke out the lenses. I'm pretty sure $5 glasses come in boxy and black, teehee.

If someone could help me find/tips on making sunglasses like these:

I would be eternally grateful! :D

I'll be attending the Expo as a roguishly handsome Frenchman, I think I can pull it off.

DigitalSushi:
I'll be attending the Expo as a roguishly handsome Frenchman, I think I can pull it off.

So, you're going as yourself? hmm not very creative. :P

I'd love for any tips on making Leeloo's suspenders from Fifth Element.

I've never made anything like these before, and I have feeling it won't end well. I've found some directions online...But I'm still quite nervous on trying it.

Vixxy:

I've never made anything like these before, and I have feeling it won't end well. I've found some directions online...But I'm still quite nervous on trying it.

Could you link to the directions you got? I think it more depends on the material you're planning to use... They seem to be made of some plasticy stuff, but Im sure you could get away with something easier to work with.

sky14kemea:

Vixxy:

Could you link to the directions you got? I think it more depends on the material you're planning to use... They seem to be made of some plasticy stuff, but Im sure you could get away with something easier to work with.

Going off of this site: http://jiajem.com/tutorials/leeloo-suspenders/

One of my main worries is that it will tear when I walk around in them.

Vixxy:

sky14kemea:

Vixxy:

Going off of this site: http://jiajem.com/tutorials/leeloo-suspenders/

One of my main worries is that will tear when I walk around in them.

Hmmm... Are you planning to buy the stuff on that site to make it? Or are you going the fabric route. If you're worried about it tearing, I'd suggest making it slightly longer than the original design.
either that or use elastic (That'll only work for a fabric one though).

Personally, I'd like to use the stuff on the site, it looks a lot similar to the actual movie design (IMO). I think I will do a few tests and see how it turns out, if worse comes to worse I can do the fabric, or I even found a site that sells them (but they don't look as good, and I really wanted to make it myself).

Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it :)

I have a friend that did Leeloo for Halloween last year, and it turned out quite excellent. I could ask her and see what she did and paste what she says here, if you'd like.

I'm trying to make a helmet like deadmau5:

in the shape of a taco...

Any help would be appreciated!

ccesarano:
I have a friend that did Leeloo for Halloween last year, and it turned out quite excellent. I could ask her and see what she did and paste what she says here, if you'd like.

That would be awesome if you could, thanks :D

Twyce:

ccesarano:

That would be awesome if you could, thanks :D

Alright, here's what she sent back to me:

The most difficult part is the orange jump suit. For that, I found an orange leotard on ebay and cut it up to be like the one she wears. I also looked up how to make a replica online. I followed that for the leggings and other things. I bought the recommended shiny leggings from american eagle like they recommended. They have a pair that is the same shade. I took black electrical tape and cut it thin and put it on the leggings. This part is very tedious and makes it hard to move around in so another option is a sharpy. I think the tape looks better though. For the hair I bought an orange wig and cut the bands like Leeloo. I got a ribbed white shirt and cut that up as well. I got a regular black belt to wear and black snow boots for shoes. There are better shoes than the snow boots out there but they are expensive and the snow boots were cheap

Nasrin:

TimeLord:

You should just go to a local drug store/chemist/pharmacy and buy some cheap reading glasses... poke out the lenses. I'm pretty sure $5 glasses come in boxy and black, teehee.

Finally aquired a pair today! Now I just need a haircut and I'm ready :P

TimeLord:

Nasrin:

TimeLord:

Doesn't that doctor have somewhat spikey hair?

Nasrin:

TimeLord:

Nasrin:

Doesn't that doctor have somewhat spikey hair?

Indeed. My hair is too long for gel to hold up now. Need to get it cut shorter.

ccesarano:
Snip

Er... Late reply, but thanks so much for asking her about this! I really appreciate the tips :)

Sadly, I've decided to go a different route. As much as I love Leeloo, my friend asked if I would Cosplay Mitsuru from Persona 3 (while he is being Akihiko). I couldn't resist going as a pair.

I'll have to save the Leeloo outfit for another day.

I apologize in advance for requesting photo-ops of those of you going as Persona Characters

So I actually had a few questions...And I apologize if these are really noobish, but...

-On what days will people be typically Cosplaying? Fri? Sat? Both?

-After the CO Batman incident will we be allowed to bring fake weapons?

I did some searching around but couldn't find anything specific on that.

Thanks!

I plan on going as The Courier from Fallout New Vegas, so I am hoping I can at least carry a nerf gun.

Also, would anyone have recommendations on how to make a Pip Boy?

I tried sewing a courtesan-ish dress together once. Alas, I have no patience.
Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Anyone know a good place to get this chain? Or anything like it? I'm cosplaying, well Combo here and that's the piece I'm most worried about having issues finding for a good price, anyone have any ideas on where to find one, or a cheap method of making one?

Having never cosplayed before, I'm considering going as the TF2 Engie for two days of Eurogamer (one day red, one day blue). I've already found a lot of parts, the only question is if I can pull off a) the goggles, since I wear glasses. I can just keep them on my helmet, or forehead above my eyes b) not being bald. A short haircut is no problem, though.

Going as Ichigo for sureeeeee yessss!

I've got a few costumes I intend to bring. Day 1 I'll be Max Payne (rumpled gray suit edition as seen in the level just prior to the head shaving, complete with pill bottle full of smarties). Day 2 I'll be an Imperial Commissar from Warhammer 40,000. Day 3 I'll be a post-apocalyptic/Protomen inspired Proto Man.

Order subject to change.

About halfway finished with my Cecily Campbell cosplay from Sacred Blacksmith. Planning to wear her on Friday, and Lisa Garland from Silent Hill (movie version) on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday. We'll see. Excited to see everyone! Can't wait!

Does anyone know if it's possible to be allowed to wear Rollerblades anywhere? Either inside or out of the Expo center where there are folks gathering?

So are people cosplaying two or more days? I only planned for one day, but it sounds like others are at least doing Fri and Sat.

Twyce:
So are people cosplaying two or more days? I only planned for one day, but it sounds like others are at least doing Fri and Sat.

I'm only doing Sat and Sun (and Sunday barely counts). I think Sat will be the main day, since that's when the cosplay contest is. I imagine lots of others will cosplay on all the days, just for fun. :D

CheckD3:
Does anyone know if it's possible to be allowed to wear Rollerblades anywhere? Either inside or out of the Expo center where there are folks gathering?

You'd have to ask con staff for sure, but almost all conventions have banned wearing roller skates/blades, due to crowds and people being stupid in the past. Many will allow you to carry them as a prop though.

Twyce:

The biggest cosplay day is always Saturday. The biggest events occur on Saturdays, and most people are off of work (unlike Fridays). So if you've only got one cosplay, I would recommend breaking it out on Saturday. Lots of people will cosplay Friday and Saturday, those who have the energy will cosplay all three days. It's all about your preference. Just have fun! :)

Anyone know a material like cardboard that I could use to make a helmet-like object?

PsychicTaco115:
Anyone know a material like cardboard that I could use to make a helmet-like object?

Foam Paper might be what you want. It holds a structure somewhat, and comes in many colors. I used it to make a Manny Calavera mask for Halloween. :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.