UK Expo Goers - Heathrow Experience?

I'm making this thread for anyone going to the Expo via Heathrow airport (Which is in London).

See, the problem is I've never been to Heathrow before, and I like to plan everything out before I go somewhere. That way I know what I can do if something goes wrong.

Does anyone have any experience with Heathrow at all? For instance: Where everything is.

That might be a bit too broad.

I'm coming in to Terminal 1, 2 & 3 via a coach, but I need to get to Terminal 4 for my flight. (Alternatively, Terminal 5 to meet up with the people I fly with first.)

I know there's the Tube, but I don't have an Oyster card so I'd have to pay. I also know there's a free bus/train service that goes between terminals. However I have no idea where these things are or how to get to them from the coach station.

Could someone give me advice?

If you're flying with people on the same flight as you, they should all be going through the same terminal. I thought all flights to NC went through Terminal 5 but I'm probably wrong on that one. Your best time to meet people is after check-in...check in straight away and then proceed through and there will probably be an area with places to eat, sit, etc...I don't really remember Heathrow all that well but that's the standard. Alternatively, if you see nowhere you'd particularly like to hang out, you can head straight through passport control and there will likely be more places. Try talking to Craig about the airport layout if you want specifics...I know he's a regular.

I'm almost 90% sure that there will be free shuttles every 10 minutes or so that run between terminals.

Stevey M:
If you're flying with people on the same flight as you, they should all be going through the same terminal. I thought all flights to NC went through Terminal 5 but I'm probably wrong on that one. Your best time to meet people is after check-in...check in straight away and then proceed through and there will probably be an area with places to eat, sit, etc...I don't really remember Heathrow all that well but that's the standard. Alternatively, if you see nowhere you'd particularly like to hang out, you can head straight through passport control and there will likely be more places. Try talking to Craig about the airport layout if you want specifics...I know he's a regular.

I'm almost 90% sure that there will be free shuttles every 10 minutes or so that run between terminals.

See that's the thing, Where are the shuttles? D:

Also I'm 90% sure ours is from Terminal 4, but the two I'm travelling with are both getting connecting flights, so they get in at 5 first then make their way over to 4.

sky14kemea:

Stevey M:

See that's the thing, Where are the shuttles? D:

Also I'm 90% sure ours is from Terminal 4, but the two I'm travelling with are both getting connecting flights, so they get in at 5 first then make their way over to 4.

Ah... if it's a connecting flight then that may be different.

I trust you've tried searching Google and the Heathrow airport site for shuttle info? Failing that: Ask your coach driver. He'll be bound to know. My guess is that your drop-off point will be a hub of other drop-off points and connecting shuttles with a short walk to the actual terminal.

Stevey M:

Ah... if it's a connecting flight then that may be different.

I trust you've tried searching Google and the Heathrow airport site for shuttle info? Failing that: Ask your coach driver. He'll be bound to know. My guess is that your drop-off point will be a hub of other drop-off points and connecting shuttles with a short walk to the actual terminal.

Yeah I googled before making the thread. xD

I guess I will have to ask the driver. Or hope there are a ton of signs to point me around. :/

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.