The Who's Who of Escapist Expo

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Something I saw on the Penny Arcade forums for PAX East was a thread where folks posted photos of themselves in order to increase odds of recognition. It actually kind of worked, as I did spot one or two folks that were familiar.

Escapist Expo is bound to be smaller, though, and as we're already trying to organize some gatherings I figure it might be good if we get a notion of who to look for. This should especially help for those of us looking to organize on Thursday nights.

So without further ado, here are photos of myself. Feel free to post your own, or heckle those of us who dare to do so.

I change my hair as often as I change my pants, but I think I'm pretty recognizable regardless. I will be attempting to shout out your usernames if I recognize your face at the expo!

I will be dressed like the first picture on the Saturday for the cosplay contest. The other 2 pics are the most recent I could find of me;

Well, since the two people I'm travelling with have posted, I guess I might as well...

This is me and one of my cats. The cat will not be attending. =[

Edit:

Twyce:
I change my hair as often as I change my pants, but I think I'm pretty recognizable regardless. I will be attempting to shout out your usernames if I recognize your face at the expo!

I'll be interested in how you try to pronounce the "kemea" part, then. =P

Spoiler tags! What a fantastic idea! I have now implemented them so as not to break the page.

Twyce:

sky14kemea:

Or Eleuthera, I've yet to run into anyone who didn't muck it up ;)

I may or may not post one whenever I can get a good picture of myself. I am, however, considering making a custom button of my avatar since I think it's pretty distinctive. Good idea or no?

Eleuthera:

Twyce:

sky14kemea:

Or Eleuthera, I've yet to run into anyone who didn't muck it up ;)

sky14kemea:

Is it sort of 'ke-may-a'?

Also you look completely different in that picture compared to another I saw you in! :/

TimeLord:

sky14kemea:

Also you look completely different in that picture compared to another I saw you in! :/

Which others have you seen me in?

And it's more keh-mee-ah. like c'mere =P

sky14kemea:

TimeLord:

sky14kemea:

Which others have you seen me in?

And it's more keh-mee-ah. like c'mere =P

Ummm I can't remember where but you had black shoulder length-ish hair. I think you posted it on Skype or something

TimeLord:

Ummm I can't remember where but you had black shoulder length-ish hair. I think you posted it on Skype or something

My hair also changes a lot. A thing me and Twyce have in common. xD

Eh, I'll prob'ly just be wearing a nametag that says Hello, My Name is DASTARDLY

Show you my picture? But then you'd know I'm coming! That'd ruin my plans!

I would post, but you won't be able to see it on Friday

Why? That's the surprise!

But I will talk to people during the Expo, it would be awesome to talk to people from the internet realm!

PsychicTaco115:
I would post, but you won't be able to see it on Friday

Why? That's the surprise!

But I will talk to people during the Expo, it would be awesome to talk to people from the internet realm!

They be horrific beasts they only good f'r slayin'

I don't have many pictures of myself. Not a big photo-op individual.

Dire Sloth:
snip

Are you both of those people? ;)

Eleuthera:

Dire Sloth:
snip

Are you both of those people? ;)

As a matter of fact, I am not!
-facepalm-
My bad.

Dire Sloth:
snip2

I was going for an extreme case of split personality, but just being one of them works as well ;)

Pretty recent picture:

I'm in teh middle.

I see nothing resembling a Dire Sloth in either of those photos. It's trickier than a game of Where's Waldo/Wally.

Fappy, you should bring your happy friend leaning on your shoulder. He looks like a good time.

I'm the guy in the suit, I hate the way I look but this is the only picutre I have of me recently that's not me in a Rocky costume (I play Rocky, so all I'm wearing is Gold...."shorts")

I'll be dressed as Combo for the con though, from Jet Grind Radio, so look for the guy with the giant boombox...that'll be me.

ccesarano:
I see nothing resembling a Dire Sloth in either of those photos. It's trickier than a game of Where's Waldo/Wally.

Fappy, you should bring your happy friend leaning on your shoulder. He looks like a good time.

That's my step dad...

He was in rare-form that night XP

I am bringing my girlfriend, sister and two friends though.

Nasrin:

BLUE HAIR

I couldn't get any of my pals to take off work to go, so I'll be the guy walking around looking lost, ha!

ccesarano:

I procrastinate like no other!

This is going to be the highest concentration of attractive nerdy con-go'ers ever.

DaphneRose:
This is going to be the highest concentration of attractive nerdy con-go'ers ever.

Why thank you, there's so much of me I count as two sexy people. ;)

In all seriousness though, I'd still beware the Jabberwocks once the con gets into full swing. Always be careful to choose a location where you hopefully won't be stuck behind a 6'5" man with hair that can only be describe as a mane.

ccesarano:
be careful to choose a location where you hopefully won't be stuck behind a 6'5" man with hair that can only be describe as a mane.

I have feelings too you know. :(

Kapol:

ccesarano:
be careful to choose a location where you hopefully won't be stuck behind a 6'5" man with hair that can only be describe as a mane.

Being able to see everything at all times is awesome, isn't it? :)

Kapol:

ccesarano:

Yes, and the crumbling of your self-esteem is like the oreo crumbs at the bottom of an ice cream cake to me.

Exquisite.

L.A.Jones:

Kapol:

ccesarano:

Being able to see everything at all times is awesome, isn't it? :)

I know. Poor short people, unable to see well. :P

Here's a quick, crappy picture of me I took with my webcam really quick in my rush to prepare for tomorrow morning. I'm also planning on printing out and taping a version of my avatar to the back of my pass, so it should be hard to spot me.

Not pictured: my hipster glasses.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.