The Who's Who of Escapist Expo

Pages PREV 1 2

I'll be the tall, dark, handsome youth. I got a picture but to lazy to post the picture, PM me if you're curious.

Semper Fidelis.

Thank you Escapist for the free pass.

Beginning of Friday -- I was at the Reg table for VIP pre-orders, wearing a leather driving cap
Middle/End of Friday -- Harry Dresden, with (a now heavily-autographed!) Bob

Saturday? Just keep and eye out for my wife and I in our costumes entitled "AvengerCraft!"

Dastardly:
Beginning of Friday -- I was at the Reg table for VIP pre-orders, wearing a leather driving cap

Saturday? Just keep and eye out for my wife and I in our costumes entitled "AvengerCraft!"

Oh shit! That was you today? Those were awesome costumes!

So the only person I've actually recognized from this forum upon site was DireSloth. I'm sorry! That said, I got to meet Dastardy and his wife last night, and had a pretty good couple of conversations with Euthekleamsdfasdf;lasdfas;dlf

So...success? Maybe?

Fappy:

Dastardly:

Oh shit! That was you today? Those were awesome costumes!

Thanks! We had a friggin' blast with them!

ccesarano:
So the only person I've actually recognized from this forum upon site was DireSloth. I'm sorry! That said, I got to meet Dastardy and his wife last night, and had a pretty good couple of conversations with Euthekleamsdfasdf;lasdfas;dlf

So...success? Maybe?

I ended up having to cancel my trip to the expo at the last minute... I was looking forward to meeting some fellow forum dwellers! Maybe next year :)

Hope you guys had fun!

ccesarano:

So...success? Maybe?

I'm pretty sure I was in your room party with Dastardly and his wife (and random other people) on Saturday. If so, that was the one that MovieBob and some of the D20 Girls showed up to. If I recall correctly, MovieBob stayed for a few minutes, and the D20 girls dipped out quick. :)

Also, we got kicked out by hotel staff, but made our way to the lobby, with my box o'beer in tow. :)

Saturday was...it was just the best. The absolute best.

Yep, that was our room party which turned out to be a BAD IDEA. Someone left a half-eaten falafel in the bathroom (the bathroom wtf?) and, well, it didn't smell the same again.

We didn't realize how much noise there would be between the rooms, actually. We were certain 227, the only room near us aside from the D20 Girls next door, was also occupied by Expo folks, but I suppose not. That or it was a LOT more noisy than I thought. And yeah, those girls ducked out pretty quick, but considering they had to work all day each day for the expo and just had the cosplay contest, I can't blame 'em.

Well, except the one in the chainmail bikini. She stuck around for quite some time.

Oddly enough, that was the second time we got chewed out by hotel staff. The first time is a bit of a blur. I was drunk, there were girls dancing Gangnam Style, one of them didn't have any pants, another was wearing Hello Kitty panties, Jim Sterling was there, I told him to tell Andy Dixon he's awesome, I somehow told him I liked his writing and such even though he sucks for hating Too Human but that's okay because Yahtzee sucks for hating Other M but that's okay because I like them both and I hugged people and I don't even know anymore.

It seems evidently Me + Booze + D20 Girls + Escapist Video Person = Pissing off hotel guests.

ccesarano:
Yep, that was our room party which turned out to be a BAD IDEA. Someone left a half-eaten falafel in the bathroom (the bathroom wtf?) and, well, it didn't smell the same again.

That's the room alright. I remember random guys with falafel. :)

ccesarano:
Well, except the one in the chainmail bikini. She stuck around for quite some time.

Yep. She even came down to the lobby for a while. Have no idea what we all talked about (I'm going to take a wild stab at "geek stuff") as I was about 15 or so beers in by then...

ccesarano:
It seems evidently Me + Booze + D20 Girls + Escapist Video Person = Pissing off hotel guests.

If only you had Gavin and/or Graham and Paul for one of those encounters and you'd have the complete set. :)

I remember seeing you Ccesarano. I saw quite a few people but can't remember their faces. Sorry bout that. XD

failedpoet:

If only you had Gavin and/or Graham and Paul for one of those encounters and you'd have the complete set. :)

Despite having seen Graham and Paul several times in person, in particular because they evidently speak with Shamus Young a lot at PAX East and I gravitate towards Shamus when I know he's around because he's an awesome guy, I've never really managed to engage them. I don't quite know how.

Actually, that's not completely true. Thursday night when they were checking in I yelled "GRAHAM AND PAUL", and when they turned around I waved crazy like. They looked like they were about to call the cops.

Kapol:
I remember seeing you Ccesarano. I saw quite a few people but can't remember their faces. Sorry bout that. XD

I remember you as well, but as with all things this weekend I have no memory either. I just remember getting ready to go to bed.

I think I spoke with Greg Tito a bit as well.

Man, there were just so many people trying to speak to everyone and anyone that it literally blurs together.

ccesarano:
I remember you as well, but as with all things this weekend I have no memory either. I just remember getting ready to go to bed.

I think I spoke with Greg Tito a bit as well.

Man, there were just so many people trying to speak to everyone and anyone that it literally blurs together.

It could have been worse at least. You were pretty cool from what I remember. Then again, everyone I spoke to was pretty awesome.

Except that one guy. Who was he? Oh, right. Kapol. What a prick.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.