So... That Miracle of Sound Concert....

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fucking amazing right?

Justin was there filming the whole thing so those who weren't there should be able to see it at some point. But for those who were there... How perfect was that!?

I can honestly say, without exaggeration, that that was the most fun I've ever had at one time in my entire life. All of my gasts are flabbered, my jimmies are rustled, and I fear I may never be able to have fun again since I used it all up there.

Anyway, I had to leave right after The New Black Gold to catch a bus- did he play anything after that, because it sounded like he was wrapping up. Not that The New Black Gold doesn't beat out everything else as something to end the evening on, but y'know.

Also my voice is all broken and wheezy from rocking out too hard! Like seriously I can barely talk, it's freakin' me out.

I was a fucking blast! Seeing him so floored by his fans' enthusiasm was the best part to be honest. He's come a long way from his time as just another community member and it was great to see his, "I have arrived" moment in person.

Keep rockn' on man!

He was pretty fuckin epic. Im glad he decided to play one more before he decided to call it a night. Luckily it was nord mead again :D

It was fucking awesome!

Words can't describe how amazing that concert was, and just seeing Gav see our reaction to his songs as we sing along was the best moment ever. It was cool rocking out to the songs with fellow Escapists, and seeing Susan rock out like it's nobodies business was cool as shit.

Nord Mead was amazing and Sovngarde Song was the song of the night.

I hope to see more of him in concert, rock on Gav!

FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Yeah that about covers it.
Especially, getting to be up on stage singing Mining All Day Long and Nord Mead.
High point of the past year plus for me, getting to be up there with him.
All the Miracle of Sound Chorus members need to chime in.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
It was fucking awesome!

Words can't describe how amazing that concert was, and just seeing Gav see our reaction to his songs as we sing along was the best moment ever. It was cool rocking out to the songs with fellow Escapists, and seeing Susan rock out like it's nobodies business was cool as shit.

When we were dancing next to Russ and Susan I was tempted to follow along with the people in front of us who were doing the arms-over-shoulders-sway and pull Russ in, but I pussied out >.>

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
It was fucking awesome!

When we were dancing next to Russ and Susan I was tempted to follow along with the people in front of us who were doing to arms-over-shoulders-sway and pull Russ in, but I pussied out >.>

Oh well.

We were doing our own thing and dancing along with the others that weren't doing that, but I pussed out too. >.>

Benedict:
Anyway, I had to leave right after The New Black Gold to catch a bus- did he play anything after that, because it sounded like he was wrapping up. Not that The New Black Gold doesn't beat out everything else as something to end the evening on, but y'know.

If you left when he started thanking various people, then you missed a performance of Minecraft All Day Long that was just Gav on guitar and about 20 audience members joining him on stage. It was a fantastic piece, though a bit lacking in the appropriate bombast to conclude such a night, so he the gave us an encore of Drink Mead (fyi, I'm not sure what all his songs are called).

The other bands were terrific too. D&D Sluggers were a lot of fun, though incessant sound issues hindered things. Random Encounter were downright transcendent at times, especially their performance of 72 Hours, which sounds so much better live. Of course, Gavin was the shining star of the evening, and while things seemed to slow down a bit around NBG, it was doubtless one of the most exciting musical performances I've ever seen.

Was definitely a fantastic night; in fact, this whole weekend is shaping up to be some of the most fun I've ever had. I'm sure a few years from now, when the Expo has swelled to several times its original size and it's no longer so easy to get in line for questions at a panel or get up near the stage for the concert, that we all will look back on this weekend with great fondness.

The concert, like the rest of the Expo, was freaking awesome! Can't wait for tomorrow. Er, later today...

Benedict:
Also my voice is all broken and wheezy from rocking out too hard! Like seriously I can barely talk, it's freakin' me out.

Same here! Also my hands are raw from all the clapping!

I am really really pissed right now that I liv in Finland...
I am so hoping that the EscapistExpo will live on years to come so that I might some day visit it, sounds like people are having a really great time over there :)

God fucking dammit......why can't Ireland get nice things?!?!

I really wanted to go :( Why don't you love Australia?

So it was good? I left during D&D Sluggers. My back was killing me and had 2 hour drive back home. I wanted to see mircale of sound... Hopefully their will be another mircale of sound concert next time with all the kinks worked out before hand.

But the entire day was a blast.

How about a stream next year for us who can't come for whatever reason or live across the pond?

It looks like they were recording video, so I imagine there will be video posted this week and/or next with footage from the concert

My voice is gone. I have to spend the final day of the expo without a voice. It's going to suck.

I cannot describe how badly I wanted to be there for it... D:

All and any footage of this would be appreciated!

Redlin5:
I cannot describe how badly I wanted to be there for it... D:

All and any footage of this would be appreciated!

Something like this maybe?:

Also, I know how you feel. I really wanted to go, but I can't get there (too expensive). Hopefully next year, but that's doubtful (Escapist better be at NYCC!).

soren7550:
SNIP

I really appreciate it man, posted it in the MOS fan group here.

Hearing Gavin live surely must be an experience.

Redlin5:

soren7550:
SNIP

I really appreciate it man, posted it in the MOS fan group here.

Hearing Gavin live surely must be an experience.

Well, he's entertaining as hell, that's for sure. I mean, if he can manage to be entertaining by simply gushing over buildings that are over three stories tall, then surely seeing him do that thing he's known for must be a real experience.

Capatcha: Shane, come back

Was there even a Shane that left in the first place?

ccesarano:
It looks like they were recording video, so I imagine there will be video posted this week and/or next with footage from the concert.

Yep, I was either filming or recording audio on pretty much damn near everything. We'll start rolling that out this week after some R&R.

At one point I figured "I should record at least ONE of the songs" (mostly to share with a friend who couldn't make it), and this is the one I got:

Let me just say, this was probably the FIRST MoS video I ever watched, and is STILL my favorite of his. Couldn't have been happier with the timing.

Sorry for the video quality, but at least the audio came out decent.

I wish I could have gone, PLEASE COME TO AUSTRALIA!!!!

Evil Smurf:
I really wanted to go :( Why don't you love Australia?

You never know! PAX have just announced an Australian event.

(dons white coat and taps blackboard with pointing stick)

All we need is a critical mass of Australian Escapist / MoS fans...

anthony87:
God fucking dammit......why can't Ireland get nice things?!?!

Gavin actually pointed out in his panel that the Expo concert wasn't actually his first gig. He did one in Ireland earlier in the year/last year (I forget, the video will be up at some point) in his home town. Granted he said it was a small affair but it was still a MoS concert in Ireland!

The Bioshock song was so gooood.

Anyone who got to see this is a douche because I didn't.
Thems the rules.

Pretty sure I grew a second face, just so he could rock more than one off.

The concert was incredible! I right up there in the second row :)

I was a little dissappointed in the organization before hand, and I really didn't like D and D Sluggers, but Gavin was absolutely Amazing :)

I also saw you in the cosplay contest Timelord. Doctor Who FTW :)

Highlight of the show for me, no joke. I said this in the Songwriting panel the next day, but I'll say it again: I got to see a private show by The Who at E3 a few years ago, and I enjoyed this way more. The energy in the room was incredible, and there was an intense feeling of togetherness and community.

We do apologize for the delays in getting everything started that night. So many people wanted to attend that we were actually in danger of violating the fire code, so we had to make some adjustments to the room so everyone could get in. We just didn't want to have to turn anyone away!

Susan Arendt:
Highlight of the show for me, no joke.

I saw you jamming out... I don't doubt this statement.

Susan Arendt:
The energy in the room was incredible, and there was an intense feeling of togetherness and community.

Like when a bunch of people joined arms and stuff? :D

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I almost grabbed Russ for one... but he didn't look like he would have wanted it >.>

Susan Arendt:
We do apologize for the delays in getting everything started that night. So many people wanted to attend that we were actually in danger of violating the fire code, so we had to make some adjustments to the room so everyone could get in. We just didn't want to have to turn anyone away!

I don't at all blame you guys seeing as this was your first expo, though I do have some criticisms (most of which you guys have probably already considered). The the whole Saturday Night event seemed a bit misleading/disjointed. A lot of people, including staff, didn't even know what time it started (not going to name names)! There was also a lot of miscommunication/lack of information. A lot of people in the lines (including myself) didn't know that the whole thing was starting with a costume contest and ending with Gavin's concert.

What we ended up seeing is a lot of people sitting outside for a long time and filing into the room only to immediately leave when they realized Gavin wasn't going to be playing for awhile. My group ended up going to the hotel bar area to grab some food and came back when the music started to see that the room and hallway were far less crowded (still a decent crowd though). So, basically a lot of people waited in line for no reason at all >.>

It was worth it though, the concert was awesome! :D

One more bit of suggestion/criticism, though this one is just personal taste probably:

This was my fifth event like this (3 years at Dragon*Con, 1 year at San Diego Comic Con) and if there is one defining thing that differentiated this event from those that I have been to (aside from scale and demographic) it is the night scene. I don't expect the Escapist Expo to be a 72-hour party like D*Con, but I was a bit confused when I saw everyone disperse after the concert with nothing organized planned. Some small groups broke off with their own plans and I am sure a lot of the volunteers/staff stuck around to clean up, but it felt like there should have been something to go do to wind down. Maybe I am just lame and missed it >.<

I suppose it could have just been limitations with what you could do with the Marriott's space too. Or... maybe I'm just entitled and wanted even more fun!

I'm kicking myself for not toughing it out and seeing the entire concert, I was really looking forward to it. Luckily I can see D&D Sluggers any time I go to the game store.

Fappy:
*snip*

Totally hear you on many of those points. People lining up for something and not knowing what it is...well, that's not really our fault. The schedule was posted in many places - the program, on Saturday Night Shindig cards, and on the Schedule banner. We definitely wanted to do more late-night stuff, but the Convention Center has rules. They actually did us a favor letting us be there as late as we were. So we definitely agree about wanting a lot of nighttime fun, it's just a matter of figuring out how to make it happen. The Marriott and the Convention Center don't cooperate as much as you might think, so that was another wrinkle.

A lot of the issues people had, we had ourselves. We just had to make certain compromises due to budget or space or time. This was very much a learning experience. :)

I really hope nobody recorded me dancing to Commander Shepard.

I will pay good money to see any video of people dancing to commander shepard.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.