So... That Miracle of Sound Concert....

Pages PREV 1 2

Susan Arendt:
This was very much a learning experience. :)

For your first event like this--even with some hiccups here and there--I'd say you knocked it out of the park! Thynameismud kind of hinted to me that there was some more stuff you guys wanted to do and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some of that next year!

Susan Arendt:
I really hope nobody recorded me dancing to Commander Shepard.

Shepard has no room to talk XD

bdcjacko:
I will pay good money to see any video of people dancing to commander shepard.

If someone caught me on video I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit I was doing the Shepard dance during the ME song :P

Fappy:

bdcjacko:

If someone caught me on video I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit I was doing the Shepard dance during the ME song :P

Next year I think we should all wear name tags with out screen name and avatar (extra points if you makes your move) so I know who to give high 5's too.

bdcjacko:

Fappy:

bdcjacko:

Next year I think we should all wear name tags with out screen name and avatar (extra points if you makes your move) so I know who to give high 5's too.

Agreed. I suggested to Mud that they have some kind of mini community event during the Expo so mods/admins/users could meet up.

Fappy:

Susan Arendt:
This was very much a learning experience. :)

For your first event like this--even with some hiccups here and there--I'd say you knocked it out of the park! Thynameismud kind of hinted to me that there was some more stuff you guys wanted to do and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some of that next year!

Susan Arendt:
I really hope nobody recorded me dancing to Commander Shepard.

Shepard has no room to talk XD

:p

That was the first time in days I was actually able to have some fun, so I took full advantage. Everyone on staff knows I'm a huge Miracle of Sound fan, so they let me just enjoy myself while they did what needed doing.

Susan Arendt:
-Snip-

I don't think you're the only one! I saw Nasrin and Mud up in the front near the beginning going crazy! It was really cool to see the people running the site are fans of their content creators (providers?/whatever) as well :3

bdcjacko:

Were they dancing LIKE Commander Shepard though? 'Cause Shapard can't dance for shit. I would pay big money to see a room of people imitating Commander Shepard's lame dancing moves.

purifico:

bdcjacko:

Were they dancing LIKE Commander Shepard though? 'Cause Shapard can't dance for shit. I would pay big money to see a room of people imitating Commander Shepard's lame dancing moves.

I don't know, but I will say Susan did bust a move to a remix of "Tricky" on the way to the bar.

Frankly, it was amazing for me. I've never been to a concert, but the energy in the room and the way I didn't feel really out of place was amazing. The songs were great even if there were a couple classics I missed. The only regret was that I didn't join to stand on stage. Still, made it to the second row for the show. Too bad my ears now HATE me.

Actually you know what my favorite part of the concert was? A married couple had their three little kids at the concert, and during D&D Sluggers and Random Encounter their youngest, the five year old, was dancing like a mad man. I wish I got video of it because it was adorable.

Between bands I ended up showing his older brothers that trick where it looks like you pull your thumb apart. They thought it was awesome. The oldest one seemed to do pretty well the next day when I asked him to show me.

Yeah, definitely a highlight of the convention.

Goddammit, I am going to be there next year. I don't care if I have to walk. I am not missing this twice in a row.

MOS concert was brilliant! I had no trouble finding the room or getting a seat for the performance. The escapist staff did an excellent job setting up for the concert.

My only gripes were: The accordion playing band broke my ears with feedback.
Not professional at all.

Also crowd filming... if I put my hand in front of my face and turn away from your camera ... that signals I do not want to be filmed. Their video personnel did not seem to understand this.

verdestylo13:
My only gripes were: The accordion playing band broke my ears with feedback.
Not professional at all

I think that partially had to due with the room not being set up for such things, and technically is more the "fault" of the sound guy than the band themselves. I think they tried to deal with the feedback best they could, but there were multiple problems that night. One of the guitarists stepped down to the sound guy to demonstrate that he was playing the guitar, but no sound was coming out, for example.

If it weren't for John Tesh they'd have had been better prepared, I imagine. And when you get right down to it, unless you have a professional team of roadies, you're probably going to hit problems in the show. Hell, even professionals run into problems, but they happen to have the staff and training that you won't always notice.

Fappy:

Susan Arendt:
-Snip-

I don't think you're the only one! I saw Nasrin and Mud up in the front near the beginning going crazy! It was really cool to see the people running the site are fans of their content creators (providers?/whatever) as well :3

Heck yeah! Susan has gotten us all completely hooked on Gavin's music and Irish charm.

He's a great performer and a great person, so we're all happy to help him succeed.

bdcjacko:

purifico:

bdcjacko:

I don't know, but I will say Susan did bust a move to a remix of "Tricky" on the way to the bar.

Entirely correct. That's the version from the new SSX. Looooooove it.

The show was awesome! Your voice is amazing. *_*

This is what makes me so damn sad I didn't have the money to travel to the expo. :'(((

What's that? Want footage of the Commander Shepard song performed live?

Bamf!

Let it heal you of the blackness that is Mass Effect 3s ending as it has healed me!

Hey now, some of us liked that ending!

All one of me... :(

I listened to it through the wall while playing Cubed Draft Magic...yeah...throw your awful names at me now...

But in all serious there were just to many of ya'll in that room for me...particularly with my leg giving out and a numb arm. It sounded wonderful though :D even through a wall

All though I wanted to fix the monitors.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.