The Expo Is Over. Long Live the Expo.

So the first Escapist Expo is over and I already miss it :(
It was fantastic and I want more! Being recognised by some of the Escapist staff even without my cosplay was amazing! Nasrin and Louis were fantastic to meet!
My only regret is not speaking to Chris of No Right Answer more!

What did those who were there think of the whole weekend?

I'm sure my representative enjoyed it very much...

I really hope I'm in a position to come next year :D

Awesome, awesome and more awesome

So much fun was had and I really enjoyed seeing some of the forum members!

PsychicTaco115:

I heard you hung out with Fiz :D

It was an exceptionally wonderful time. I was glad to meet, hang out with and in some cases shoot at my fellow Escapists.

In fact, the weekend left me with just one question: when's the next one?!

Daystar Clarion:

PsychicTaco115:

I did! And with Fappy, when he was there for the last two days

PsychicTaco115:

Daystar Clarion:

PsychicTaco115:

I was there too.

In plush toy form.

>_>

<_<

I hated to leave the center, not just today, but everyday, because that was less time I got to say I was at Expo.

Won't lie, highlight for me was finding out I won favorite of Moviebob during cosplay contest. I didn't expect to win a thing, and when I not only won, but was the first winner? Wow...everyone who knew who I was (Combo from Jet Grind Radio, the guy with the Yen necklace and on Saturday roller blades) was SO nice to me and complemented me WAY too much on a costume that's lots of pieces with one I taped and painted the day before I left. I felt awesome just being on stage with ALL the amazing cosplays that were at Con.

Entire time was a blast. From random chatting with other forum members to getting to talk with Graham and Gavin...was just a surreal experience and way too much fun for me to believe it's over...

I had a blast hanging out with some forum members, and got to play Magic with a few of them.

The concert was fucking amazing, the panels were fantastic, and I met some really awesome people. I don't know how many times I lost track of time by just hanging out with people and talking about random crap.

It was cool talking to Susan, Nasrin, and ThyNameIsMud about whatever, and running into Jim and Gavin and a brief chat.

PsychicTaco115:

Daystar Clarion:

PsychicTaco115:

That was a lot of fun having all of us hang out. :D

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PsychicTaco115:

Daystar Clarion:

Definitely the highlight of the Expo, for me at least!

PsychicTaco115:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PsychicTaco115:

It was one of many for me, but that was the best part. Finding someone on the forums you know and get a chance to hang out and chat about whatever for however long you want. :D

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PsychicTaco115:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

It was one of many for me, but that was the best part. Finding someone on the forums you know and get a chance to hang out and chat about whatever for however long you want. :D

Quite, just talking about recent stuff and the shenanigans of some users is always better to do with someone who posts as well!

PsychicTaco115:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PsychicTaco115:

Quite, just talking about recent stuff and the shenanigans of some users is always better to do with someone who posts as well!

Too true. That and with no fear of getting into trouble! :D

The taco was the best part of the whole thing, so awesome.

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PsychicTaco115:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Just imagine if the mods had brought inflatable ban hammers. The horror D:

PsychicTaco115:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PsychicTaco115:

Well if they did that then I think it's only fair that we fight back with other stuff, like those socks from the Humans vs. Zombies game! :D

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PsychicTaco115:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Well if they did that then I think it's only fair that we fight back with other stuff, like those socks from the Humans vs. Zombies game! :D

Completely fair then!

Make Humans vs Zombies into Mods vs Users for the next one, it'll be glorious! XD

The expo was so amazing. Meeting so many people, from content makers to fellow escapist enthusiasts was awesome. I cannot wait to do it again and hopefully see all of you there next year. Also, shout out to all of you who said hi to me and my buddy, the Can of Spam.

The only thing I regret is not getting to see Nasrin's cat.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
-Snip-

So you did get to talk to Susan? Good! Too bad I had to leave before the last panel got out >.>

I suppose I had my chance when I spent the whole concert dancing 6-feet away from her :P

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
-Snip-

So you did get to talk to Susan? Good! Too bad I had to leave before the last panel got out >.>

I suppose I had my chance when I spent the whole concert dancing 6-feet away from her :P

Well, I was playing Magic with two other people, but the third person in the group was helping me since I haven't played it in so long, we offered to help, and 10 mins later someone came and said we can help out. We quit out game (I was losing so that was a plus! :D), and was brought to the arcade area, Susan was there, and told us to watch some stuff while the loaders where having dinner, and we could play Magic at the same time.

She came back and we chatted about Daystar for a bit since she saw his representative. It was pretty cool. :D

Totally going next year, school be damned!

Though I heard very little of what had happened during the Expo, so I can't tell what would have made it fun. Still certain it was fun though. :P

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
-Snip-

Well, I was playing Magic with two other people, but the third person in the group was helping me since I haven't played it in so long, we offered to help, and 10 mins later someone came and said we can help out. We quit out game (I was losing so that was a plus! :D), and was brought to the arcade area, Susan was there, and told us to watch some stuff while the loaders where having dinner, and we could play Magic at the same time.

She came back and we chatted about Daystar for a bit since she saw his representative. It was pretty cool. :D

Aw cool! Wish I had been there for it! >.<

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Fappy:

We were there until about 6:30, but it would've been kind of late for you guys since your crew had stuff to do while the rest of us didn't want to leave. >.>

Susan was pretty tired and went off to handle other things so we just played until they showed up. Still, there was a lack of sex jokes and I could only do so much! :D

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

We were there until about 6:30, but it would've been kind of late for you guys since your crew had stuff to do while the rest of us didn't want to leave. >.>

Susan was pretty tired and went off to handle other things so we just played until they showed up. Still, there was a lack of sex jokes and I could only do so much! :D

Ah, the sex jokes. I didn't realize there was any one else on the planet that loved masturbation/dildo/etc. jokes as much as me until I met Jim Sterling in person :D

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Fappy:

Ah, the sex jokes. I didn't realize there was any one else on the planet that loved masturbation/dildo/etc. jokes as much as me until I met Jim Sterling in person :D

It was truly amazing and inspiring how may he actually knew and how many he could use and it actually made sense.

And I thought I knew how to use sex jokes, but I learned I need to know more.

I had a blast! Taco hats, gangnam style, MTG tourneys and zombie hunts were awesome. Also, everyone there was just really cool. You all had better be there next time. JUSSAYIN.

Had a blast running the Fighter tournaments and in the short time I had to enjoy the festivities I was blown away by every aspect!!! BIGGGG shout out and thanks to all the attendees, the Escapist staff, cos-players, exhibitors, volunteers, panelists, and speakers for making this a truely memorable weekend!! Looking forward to next year already!

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.