Thank God ... for you

Hi all,

Jim Sterling here, just got back to my real-life house after frankly one of the best weekends of my professional career. I could go through all the boring sycophancy reserved for my fellow panelists and Escapist contributors (all of which I would *mean* despite being a sycophant about it) but I wanted to log in and directly thank you guys, the attendees, for being there and being amazing.

The energy and enthusiasm in both the panels and on the show floor was inspiring, and I'm immensely proud to have been a part of what I hope will be the first of many Escapist Expos. From the stunning cosplay (THERE WAS A KILLER7 ONE!) to the very loud fans who either knew of my show or just thought I knew something about Yahtzee's childhood -- even my hair grins recalling your kindness.

It was a special privilege to be able to speak in front of you all and meet you out in the expo hall. Thank you.

I suppose this makes up for you and Graham Stark checking out my sister during the Miracle of Sound concert :P

It was great having you there and I am glad to see there is someone else in the world who appreciates dildo/masturbation/etc. humor as much as I do.

Seriously more, thank you Jim. Panels were ALL hilarious, it cool to talk with the bit I did during the MoS concert (Combo from JGR) and you helped the weekend go from a good experience to a fantastic one.

All you celebs made it feel less like paying sheep coming to hear the Gods talk, and instead like friends whom you've known forever and can argue/discuss games with. Can't wait to see ya @ the next Expo

Fappy:
I suppose this makes up for you and Graham Stark checking out my sister during the Miracle of Sound concert :P

It was great having you there and I am glad to see there is someone else in the world who appreciates dildo/masturbation/etc. humor as much as I do.

You were there?!? I looked everywhere for the expo attendees I had pictures of (shut up there were threads 'bout this lol). All I could find were PsychicTaco115, TimeLord, and dastardly.

Where were you? My attempts at real life lurking were an utter failure.

OT: Thank YOU Jim. You were definitely the life of the party at those panels. I was laughing so hard the whole time. Even my dad was laughing his ass off at your antics and he's kinda of a stick in the mud. He also kept calling you jeff the whole time :/

T0ad 0f Truth:
-Snip-

I wasn't there until Saturday, but I was around. Went to a lot of panels and hung out with Taco and few times among others. I had my user name and a drawing of a catface on the back of my badge. Sorry I missed you!

I wish I could've been there to shake your hand, Jim Sterling. Your show is one of my favorite to watch on this website and everything I've seen and read by you points to you being a fun and funny, very knowledgeable guy to hang around.

As a side note, I actually really like that you're one of the content creators who posts in the forums too.

T0ad 0f Truth:

Fappy:

You were there?!? I looked everywhere for the expo attendees I had pictures of (shut up there were threads 'bout this lol). All I could find were PsychicTaco115, TimeLord, and dastardly.

Where were you? My attempts at real life lurking were an utter failure.

OT: Thank YOU Jim. You were definitely the life of the party at those panels. I was laughing so hard the whole time. Even my dad was laughing his ass off at your antics and he's kinda of a stick in the mud. He also kept calling you jeff the whole time :/

Which one were you!?

I can't believe I was mentioned along with two other cool cats, but I'm guessing it was easy to tell XD

OT: Thanks Jim for all the laughs! Seriously, the Hour of Love was hysterical!

PsychicTaco115:

Which one were you!?

I can't believe I was mentioned along with two other cool cats, but I'm guessing it was easy to tell XD

We spoke for a few seconds (I basically just said hi and asked if the room was the right place) while I was outside king's landing waiting for a panel. I didn't realize it was you until I saw you with your taco head on later though :/

The pleasure was all our's, Jim. The self-pleasuring will always be yours.

T0ad 0f Truth:

PsychicTaco115:

Which one were you!?

We spoke for a few seconds (I basically just said hi and asked if the room was the right place) while I was outside king's landing waiting for a panel. I didn't realize it was you until I saw you with your taco head on later though :/

Without that, I would have just been another face in the crowd

Fun story: Some guy offered me quite a bit (like $40, POSSIBLY $100) for it

I was like: O.O

But still, sorry I didn't recognize/know you were who you were :/

PsychicTaco115:

T0ad 0f Truth:

PsychicTaco115:

Which one were you!?

Without that, I would have just been another face in the crowd

Fun story: Some guy offered me quite a bit (like $40, POSSIBLY $100) for it

I was like: O.O

But still, sorry I didn't recognize/know you were who you were :/

Next time I'll make a shirt with this clown explosion on it or something. Or I could just not be lazy and make an amazing cosplay so other people have a point of reference. Well at least we technically got to meet :)

Fappy must be a ninja or something; I was all over that concert and never saw him. I was also right next to Susan and didn't even notice until the end when Gav mentioned her (Hmm... maybe I'm just oblivious).

My wife and I both truly enjoyed meeting you... and boy did you add a very distinct and -- err -- special flavor to all the proceedings. Also, we'll see about getting you a Kickstarter to fund a rack of new red ties...

Without Jim Sterling showing us all how to drink water properly I would have died of dehydration this weekend. Thank God for you, Jim.

Thank you Jim. I wasn't able to get to chat with you one-on-one at all sadly. Never saw you when you weren't busy or in a panel. The most I got was offering you a cookie when you signed my stuff and a small head nod while I played Magic and you guys were all heading out of the Expo. You were hilarious the entire time though. :)

And I thank god for... well, pretty much everyone I interacted with and the hard-working Escapist staff. Without whom the expo wouldn't have happened, or at least been nearly as interesting.

It was good to meet you in real life Jim, no matter how briefly. Hopefully it will not be the final opportunity.

I hope you did manage to get that sleep Friday night, especially since the Hotel staff were evidently camping the D20 Girl spawn points to make sure there were shenanigans and Gangnaming or whatever the Hell it's called.

I'm glad you're part of the Escapist Jim, you sex up brighten up my Mondays :D

And the Hour of Love panel was hilarious.

You and Yahtzee need a show together, possibly a buddy cop show.

Mr.Sterling - you were kind enough to take a moment to answer my question and be incredibly nice to all who wished to speak with you. Thanks again!

Jimothy Sterling:
Hi all,

Jim Sterling here, just got back to my real-life house after frankly one of the best weekends of my professional career. I could go through all the boring sycophancy reserved for my fellow panelists and Escapist contributors (all of which I would *mean* despite being a sycophant about it) but I wanted to log in and directly thank you guys, the attendees, for being there and being amazing.

The energy and enthusiasm in both the panels and on the show floor was inspiring, and I'm immensely proud to have been a part of what I hope will be the first of many Escapist Expos. From the stunning cosplay (THERE WAS A KILLER7 ONE!) to the very loud fans who either knew of my show or just thought I knew something about Yahtzee's childhood -- even my hair grins recalling your kindness.

It was a special privilege to be able to speak in front of you all and meet you out in the expo hall. Thank you.

I really like you since you seem to be the only entertainer on here that uses the forums.

Seeing the panel of love video... yeah, I'm going to be saving up for next year. If I can't do next year, it'll definitely be the year after that.

You're making me blush, you soft-serve, you.

Sadly, I couldn't make it to the Expo this year, but it sounds like you and eveyone else had a rip-snorting good time. I'm glad. :)

Maybe I'll make it next year (If you guys decide to have another expo). Who knows.

ccesarano:
It was good to meet you in real life Jim, no matter how briefly. Hopefully it will not be the final opportunity.

I hope you did manage to get that sleep Friday night, especially since the Hotel staff were evidently camping the D20 Girl spawn points to make sure there were shenanigans and Gangnaming or whatever the Hell it's called.

Yeah, Jim Sterling, The D&D Sluggers and The D20 Girls are the greatest people to hang with when your kicked out of the hallway lol.

Fappy:

A guy going by "Fappy"...and he enjoys masturbation jokes? HA! In the words of Hedonism Bot: "How delishiously absurd!" :P

Anyways Jim, I couldn't make it to the Expo, but I do have a request to make of you: more Jimquisitions featuring undearwear, exercise equipment, and your thunderous thighs. Someone made a gif of you on that exercise bike and it's 100% like watching Homer Simpson on a treadmill:

Agent Mulder: "It's hypnotic...isn't it?"
Agent Scully: "Yes. Like a lava lamp."

Believe it or not, I do mean that in the best possible of ways.

Anyways, I've come to value your opinion on various gaming matters, though I do disagree with your evaluation of the Final Fantasy series. If you ask me, 7 was the start of the downhill slide...a slide which has thus far landed the franchise's fan-base into a massive pile of shit with the roman numerals XIII stamped onto it.

Daystar Clarion:
You and Yahtzee need a show together, possibly a buddy cop show.

"Jake and the Fat Man" is already a show, my friend. :P

It's great to know that you all are really very pleasant people in person.
See you next year!

I didn't get a chance to speak to you at all during the Expo and that makes me sad, I'm not a big fan of your videos but you seem like a fantastic person so hopefully next year I'll get to chat to you!

Perhaps the most gratifying part of the weekend for me was folks who had never ever seen the Jimquisition pledging to check it out after my panel appearances. I'm very proud of that and, again, thank you to those folks. <3

It was great meeting you Jim! I really enjoyed talking with you and had a great time this weekend.

Oh Jim you Magnificent man. I wish I could have chatted you up in hall so I might learn how you became so spectacular but sadly our paths didn't cross. Did get your autograph on my little Gamecube booklet after the Love Hour though, so fisty love all around for you mate.

Jimothy Sterling:
Perhaps the most gratifying part of the weekend for me was folks who had never ever seen the Jimquisition pledging to check it out after my panel appearances. I'm very proud of that and, again, thank you to those folks. <3

I have to admit, I'd never really seen your show and saw you around the expo. I finally got around to watching the panels I missed today and you, sir, are very entertaining. I look forward to watching your videos and hope to see you next year if there's another expo. :)

I honestly have to say hearing your input on the subjects addressed on the panels and the questions asked by people were quite the funniest parts for me while I was at the expo. Truthfully, I haven't watched Jimquisition as often as I watch Zero Punctuation or MovieBob's stuff, but I'm going to make sure now to watch even more of your videos from now on Jim.

P.S. I'm the guy from the Q&A panel on Saturday who started his question saying "Hi dudes" (and dudette as I addressed Susan) and asked that since Halloween was around the corner, if any of you could give a hint on anything you're going to do for the Escapist this year for the occasion.

I wasn't really expecting any of the talent to be out on th expo floor - when I saw you I was surprised! It was loving meeting you (Although I did feel awkward as hell.) I will admit to being one of those who are going to watch your videos on a more regular basis now :3

Jimothy Sterling:

Seeing you live, outside Jimquisition, seems to have that effect on people. I got interested in the show after your Desert Bus call-in last year; been a fan ever since. Maybe it's because of all the fisting, or something...

I want to see more interaction between Jim and Yahtzee on the escapist. How about a guest appearance on Zero Punctuation? Or perhaps some english comedy?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here