Thank you.

Hi everyone, Gav here (MOS)

Like Jim, I crawled in my front door after a very long trip home and immediately wanted to come and gush a little on the forum about what an amazing weekend was had at the expo by myself and Rachel.

Highlights included:

Meeting all of you guys, the Escapist community, talking to you and hearing about your favourite games, your stories, your passions, your lives. Contrary to what the louder discussions on the forums can sometimes indicate, the Escapist community is blessed with a majority of lovely, positive people full of love for gaming and nerd culture.

Getting drunk in the Escapist office and having an emo moment when I found Justin's desk

Moviebob's chats and his frankly astounding knowledge of movies and games (all those anecdotes!!)

The Q&A panel, which you can all watch on the site

Receiving a wonderful gift, my SNMG 1&2 Deployment 2012 Proud Defenders (sorry I have no idea how to write military jargon!!) t-shirt, given to me by a fan in the military. Wish I could have gotten to talk to you a bit more, big respect to you, your unit and your captain!

Sticking up for the Little Sisters. And Brainbleach.

Jim's immortal line; 'I'm Yahtzee, I've got dignity!' Actually, pretty much every sentence that came out of Jim's mouth this weekend was a highlight :D

Graham LRR's actually quite good fake Irish accent

Meeting Susan, Russ, Justin and all the lovely Escapist staff and contributors I've had the pleasure of working with over the last year and a half. It was great introducing Rachel to you all too. You guys worked your asses off and did an amazing job getting all of this together. You deserve a day or two off now!

Having a quiet post-weekend chat with Yahtzee in the airport Starbucks about Bioshock, Mogworld and every game under the sun. He's an absolute gentleman with a delightfully dry wit.

Trying to decide who was the more dangerous driver between Alison and Elisa (just kidding, you two were awesome for taxi-ing us around, plus big props to Jose!)

Meeting Stacey from Epic - one of the first ever people to Tweet out one of my songs, and getting to thank her in person for being part of the reason I was there!

And of course the concert. You guys made me feel so special and made my year with that amazing reception. It's hard to put the feeling into words but it was really magical and had me smiling all night and the whole next day :) It's you guys, the community, who give us all this wonderful opportunity to be creative and have fun with our jobs, and for that I offer you my sincerest gratitude.

So well done everyone for a fantastic weekend - by far the most fun I've ever had at a con or gaming event. Can't wait to see you all next year!

Gav - Thank you for taking a moment to speak with me in the elevator and being kind to a tired fan!
Your show was brilliant! You are a fantastic musician and extremely gracious person.
Hoping that more wonderful opportunities come your way in the coming years because your talent and passion deserve to be recognized and rewarded!

Sorry for nagging you to play Final Fantasy Tactics in the middle of D20 Burlesque's intermission when that very morning you and the other content contributors discussed how annoying it was for people to tell you what games you have to play.

I can't really remember what I discussed with Rachel, I was a bit too deep into some whiskey at that point, but you got a lovely lady there and it was a pleasure to briefly meet you both.

Thank you for an epic experience on Saturday night! Hopefully next year I'll chat to you a bit more about casual stuff rather than just going "Oh my god, I love everything you do". Which is what I basically said when you signed my notebook at the Q&A panel. :)

Maybe next year I'll stay at the Marriott so I can get the chance to speak to you during the after Expo drinking times!

Thanks for the awesome show Gavin! We got kicked out of the room before we got to talk to you after the concert, but there's always next year!

MiracleOfSound:
Trying to decide who was the more dangerous driver between Alison and Elisa (just kidding, you two were awesome for taxi-ing us around, plus big props to Jose!)

It was fun running around with the both of you! Definitely looking forward to seeing you again! (by then I'll be a safer driver too!)

It was great talking and drinking with you Gavin! Can't wait 'till it happens again!

Had a great weekend, one of my highlights was getting to chat with you and Rachel for about 4 hours Friday night. It was cool to just talk about games and all that with you and everyone else in a way I rarely get to in person.

The concert was fantastic, and one of the coolest parts was about 3 songs in seeing just how much fun you were having by the HUGE smile on your face when the cheers were going on. Made our fun that much more fun. Can't wait to see you at the next Expo!

Being treated like a literal rock star will make you feel that way, Gavin. It was the best concert I've ever been to that didn't end with me waking up naked in a dumpster with fresh stitches sewn just below my ribcage.

The concert was incredible! One of the best I've ever been to. I was up there in second row jamming out (to your left). Unfortunately I chickened out when you asked who knew Mining All day long :(

I'm also psyched that you played Little sister, Bridget (my little sister) loves that song so much! She sings it all the time and has actually gotten quite good at it (despite what she thinks). I'm trying to convince her do a karoke on youtube.

Also I really appreciate you letting me take a picture with you after the concert. I know you said you'd sign stuff and take pictures the next day at your panel, but I wasn't able to stay for the whole thing. Sorry about that, I didn't mean to be pushy :|

I should be thanking you for giving us an awesome time and a great concert!

The concert was amazing and it was a lot of fun dancing and singing along with you and everyone else there.

I can't wait to see you and get to sing all the songs at the next Expo! :D

Shame I couldn't make it this year. Looked like it was loads of fun.

Next year though, next year...

Or maybe the year after that, if I don't make enough money to go next year.

Basically, I'll get there eventually. And I will find you Gav, and hug you :)

ccesarano:
Sorry for nagging you to play Final Fantasy Tactics in the middle of D20 Burlesque's intermission when that very morning you and the other content contributors discussed how annoying it was for people to tell you what games you have to play.

Don't worry about it... my mood had kind of been tainted by the show itself lol. I didn't really think stripping and Little Sisters went together haha

MiracleOfSound:

ccesarano:
snip

Don't worry about it... my mood had kind of been tainted by the show itself lol. I didn't really think stripping and Little Sisters went together haha

You've got to admit, that Tron performance was pretty epic though. Next expo: Gavin performs live for the D&D Burlesque?? :)

Seriously though, not to rip off something Susan said in another thread, but my dad took me to see The Who back when Entwistle was still alive and Saturday with MoS was still the best concert I've ever been to.

I listened to ALL THE SONGS on my four hour drive home on Sunday. And, much to my housemate's chagrin, I keep randomly bursting into "I walk through the water with my only friend...".

Thank YOU, sir.

MiracleOfSound:

Now imagine having a 7 year old niece that you would one day love to do a Big Daddy/Little Sister cosplay with and seeing that. Yeah, I had to shield my eyes from that, too.

Had I known your avatar was Soundwave I might have asked if you'd been enjoying Transformers, but alas.

And yes, excellent show man. Hope it becomes an annual thing.

failedpoet:

MiracleOfSound:

ccesarano:
snip

You've got to admit, that Tron performance was pretty epic though. Next expo: Gavin performs live for the D&D Burlesque?? :)

I didn't see Tron. I walked out when the Little Sister thing started because I felt dirty watching it.

ccesarano:

MiracleOfSound:

Now imagine having a 7 year old niece that you would one day love to do a Big Daddy/Little Sister cosplay with and seeing that. Yeah, I had to shield my eyes from that, too.

Had I known your avatar was Soundwave I might have asked if you'd been enjoying Transformers, but alas.

And yes, excellent show man. Hope it becomes an annual thing.

I didn't know they also did Transformers but am glad I missed it. lol.

Hopefully I will be able to afford a flight to the US and see you next year, love the show and have been enjoying the soundtrack, my friends and flat mates I have been exposing it to at my place love it.

It's great to know you had a great time as well, as I have heard these kinds of events can be quite a strain on guests.

Wish I could have been there, if only to see the concert! I hope there's a video of it going up soon.
Level 1 and Level 2 are my two most played albums at the moment. Love every song you bring out Gav. You've had this fan since Dr. Freeman saved your life. Keep up the excellent work!

Captcha: take it all

Yes! Take all my money! Take it now!

MiracleOfSound:
Hi everyone, Gav here (MOS)

Dude, it was awesome meeting you. The concert was fantastic, and Jess and I really, really enjoyed that chat in the hotel lobby with you, Greg, and Graham. Seriously. You guys share your passion with us on this site all the time, but usually it's passion from within a pretty specific context. It was awesome to be able to meet another "side" of you that we might not get as much chance to see on the site.

(And from one musician to another, that show rocked.)

NO, Thank you Gavinn, for making our lives awesome.

You and Rachel are both such wonderful people, and I'm so glad to have gotten to meet you in person. (Also, it was really cold last night, but I had this nice super toasty jumper to snuggle in.)

It's no secret I'm a fan of yours, but getting to see you actually perform live just made me a bigger one. And not just because you indulged me and played Wheatley's Song. :)

MiracleOfSound:
I didn't know they also did Transformers but am glad I missed it. lol.

Whoops. My brain jumped between topics without clarifying. I meant I would have asked if you've been enjoying Fall of Cybertron.

I'm now curious how a Transformers themed burlesque would turn out.

Hey man, I couldn't be at the Expo itself, but thank you to yourself and the other contributors for giving up your free time to make this site a great place to visit and hang out. Props to you and the rest of the Escapist crew, keep doing what you're doing. Good job sir.

Susan Arendt:
It's no secret I'm a fan of yours, but getting to see you actually perform live just made me a bigger one. And not just because you indulged me and played Wheatley's Song. :)

Now EVERYtime I listen to "Wheatley's Song", and that "Hello!" pops in at the beginning, I get goosebumps and want to start hopping around. Is that weird?

failedpoet:

Susan Arendt:

Now EVERYtime I listen to "Wheatley's Song", and that "Hello!" pops in at the beginning, I get goosebumps and want to start hopping around. Is that weird?

That just means you're doing it right.

failedpoet:

Susan Arendt:

I get that feeling at the intro to sovngarde song and the whole first part of the New black gold :)

P.S. What does fosted (spelling?) balloon mean anyway? I'm not hearing that line wrong am I?

T0ad 0f Truth:
I get that feeling at the intro to sovngarde song and the whole first part of the New black gold :)

Hell. F'n. Yes. I just shared that one with my girlfriend the other day and she loved it.

T0ad 0f Truth:
P.S. What does fosted (spelling?) balloon mean anyway? I'm not hearing that line wrong am I?

Pulled from a Google search that brought be BACK to the Escapist Forums:

MiracleOfSound:
'Fostered balloon'.

Fostered: Adopted, without parents and taken in voluntarily by another entity or foster parent

Balloon: fat person

If you play the game, you'll understand :)

Just one of those charming Irish colloquialisms, I suppose. :)

Gav, the pleasure was all ours at the concert. I've been to more than a few live shows and I can say that was one of the best. You stand among a very few artists that can sound as good (or better!) live as you do with studio effects.

So if there's another Expo next year, I think I speak for all of us when I say: please, please, please be there!

failedpoet:
-SNIP-

Ahh got it :)

Can't believe I didn't hear that one right. I feel like an idiot now XD

T0ad 0f Truth:
Ahh got it :)

Can't believe I didn't hear that one right. I feel like an idiot now XD

Honestly, I was meaning to look up the lyrics myself, since I wasn't sure what it was either. Thanks for reminding me. :-p

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.