Expo regrets

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I also regret not asking Graham and Paul what their favorite MST3k was, and of course, if they preferred Joel or Mike.

Susan Arendt:

Aeryn Seoung:
I regret being too shy to go up and ask Gavin a question in his songwriting panel. I suck.

What was your question?

As for my own regrets, I wish I'd had more time to socialize with people. I knew I'd be busy, but I had no idea just how busy. Let's plan a group breakfast next time, ok? I really do want to chat with you guys more next time.

Your first-ever-expo-chaos-dance was great.

Regret: I meant to have Yathzee fix the misspelling on the imp poster for giggles.
Maybe next time.

ElektroNeko:

Fijiman:
I regret not being able to go to the Expo. Does that count?

Yeah... The problem is that it's so far away from The Netherlands...

Same. Nearly a grand flying from Heathrow on an airline so cheap you have to pay to use the oxygen mask in an emergency. Any chance, you think, they'll hold a European one at some point?

Fijiman:

ElektroNeko:

Fijiman:

I only live in Virginia so I'm not that far, but I have no money and I had no disire to drive that far by myself.

Network next time :D My husband and I drove down from NoVA and if you could have met us on 95 or 81 somewhere, it would have been cool ^^;Been there done that...it was only about 3.5 hours for us of driving.

No regrets going to the Expo except one. I wish I could have shook Yahtzee's hand. He was right there but there was so many people behind me. Was hoping for something like Paul and Graham did and just sit and wait for the fans to swarm. Got to shake Jim's hand though.

Susan Arendt:

As for my own regrets, I wish I'd had more time to socialize with people. I knew I'd be busy, but I had no idea just how busy. Let's plan a group breakfast next time, ok? I really do want to chat with you guys more next time.

This. A thousand times this.

As fun as the Expo was, I was hoping for more opportunities to have conversations with various Escapists. Constantly going from panel to panel kinda dampened that, even if the panels were full of awesome.

Ah well. If wishes were fishes we'd all be drowning.

P.S. Y'all still rocked the hell out of the Expo. Don't ever forget that.

Kapol:
Hey, cookies are MY thing! Don't go stealing my turf man. :P Seriously though, I made a lot of cookies and gave them to a lot of people. I'm glad that I think I only ended up with 3 cookies, and that was because I got tired of carrying them around everywhere. >_> I'd welcome someone else bringing some though. Hope I remember to do so next year.

Turf war it is! :)

What kind of cookies were they? I have a chocolate fudge-y kind with peanut butter chips mixed in that usually goes over well. And I wind up with close to 60 from one batch. :)

reithena:

Fijiman:

ElektroNeko:

I only live in Virginia so I'm not that far, but I have no money and I had no desire to drive that far by myself.

Network next time :D My husband and I drove down from NoVA and if you could have met us on 95 or 81 somewhere, it would have been cool ^^;Been there done that...it was only about 3.5 hours for us of driving.

Like I said, I had no money. If I had money I would have seen if anyone would be able to pick me up. Maybe nest year though.

failedpoet:
Turf war it is! :)

What kind of cookies were they? I have a chocolate fudge-y kind with peanut butter chips mixed in that usually goes over well. And I wind up with close to 60 from one batch. :)

Don't make me shiv you. :P

My cookies were chocolate chip with cinnimin in them, and the first batch also had a dash of nutmeg. Though I don't heat them up to the point they become hard, leaving them in long enough to cook them but keep them very soft, almost doughy in some ways. A batch normally makes about 25 fairly big cookies for me. Maybe next year I might go nuts and make no-bake cookies or something too.

Aeryn Seoung:

MiracleOfSound:

That pretty much covers it!

I do beleive I just squeed over your Rode. It's such a nice condenser mic! Although, another question.. I've heard that typically people use the SM57 for recording electric guitars, and not the SM58 (as it's typically used as a general 'lol vocals' microphone.) I know there isn't that much of a differance between the two mics when you go look at them on a specification level, but what is the distinct differance between the two that you have found in recording Miracle of Sound?

(I feel like I'm geeking over you, I'm sorry. ._.)

I honestly don't notice a huge difference but I know the 58 is meant to have a mildy better response around 2Khtz, which would make it the preferable mic for some vocalists :)

The 58 is also more sturdy for live vox

Fijiman:

*over the internet five*

Yeah, sux living far away on the side of the pond. Didn't get to see everybody in real life even thou I doubt anyone would've reccognized me anyway. But that doesn't mean I can't get to know them :)
Hope I'll get another chance someday.

Holy jesus balls...a lot of regrets...

Reading the replies though, I did realize another regret, and it was not socializing enough. I chatted here and there, my best was is Gavin though, that was freakin' awesome to chat games with him and Rachel, but beyond about maybe 10 people I didn't really chat it up with some folks. I avoided the magic room and the table top rooms in between panels and all that until it was late and to avoid going home, but during the day, especially Saturday I'd just skate around the vender area and back and forth...kind of wish I'd met more forum folks so I'd recognize y'all better.

Best thing about regrets though, is that you make sure not to have them next time. I'll tell you what, next Expo, I'm going to talk to ALL you mo-fos...and going as Poison Jam, hopefully I'll be more recognizable than before (which says a lot since pretty much every Panelist mentioned that they always noticed me in the front row of the panels...Dr. Mark told me it didn't feel like a panel with me and my big ass necklace in the front row, lol)

Part of me regrets not going all 3 days. I just went Saturday. I have a really job and had to work Friday, plus just bought a house and need to do some paint before we can move in, which was sunday. Plus they guy that I went with could only go Saturday. We both came for the d&d, but we didn't get signed up in time. We still had a good time, got to see a panel, the cos play and try a few on demand games. But we had a lot of down te between finding the next thing to do. So it was one of those weird thing because we were there for one day it got to long between the last game we played and the cosplay, but now I feel like it was over way to quick.

Also I recognize I could have jumped into the human v zombie thing at anytime, I am old and out of shape and wouldn't stand a chance against the teens and 20 something's playing.

Kapol:
[quote="failedpoet" post="542.388669.15569086"]Don't make me shiv you. :P.

Okay, so, "Cookie Wars"? Totally needs to be a thing next year. We could have clans/guilds, and battle standards, and...and...so much joy! :)

failedpoet:

Kapol:
[quote="failedpoet" post="542.388669.15569086"]Don't make me shiv you. :P.

Okay, so, "Cookie Wars"? Totally needs to be a thing next year. We could have clans/guilds, and battle standards, and...and...so much joy! :)

I claim Oatmeal Raisin!

failedpoet:

...That would be interesting if we could figure out a way for it to work. XD Though I might have to poison some of your cookies just for fun.

reithena:
I claim Oatmeal Raisin!

Bleh. You can have it. :P

Susan Arendt:

MiracleOfSound:

Actually on our way home we were talking about how next year we're going to book an extra day, specifically to just chill and hang out with fans/staff. Would've been great to have a nice casual day with everyone!

Anime North in Toronto here does something like that, a Thursday night meet and greet coupled with an early registration pick up, and a Saturday brunch/award recipient thing. Keeps it casual, no pressures for keeping to a particular schedule and such.

I regret not getting Yahtzee to sign the cat ears. XD

Kapol:

My cookies were chocolate chip with cinnimin in them, and the first batch also had a dash of nutmeg. Though I don't heat them up to the point they become hard, leaving them in long enough to cook them but keep them very soft, almost doughy in some ways. A batch normally makes about 25 fairly big cookies for me. Maybe next year I might go nuts and make no-bake cookies or something too.

So that's how you did them! I will have to try baking these at some point. I can only speak for myself, but your cookie really kept me going on Friday afternoon. A little sugar is nice, but a random act of kindness goes a long way.

I regret not staying for a 3rd day ( but it was time to head home) or at least stay for the MOS concert.

Susan Arendt:

If it is possible to set up a breakfast meet up I for one will be there with Green Lasers on.
Ms. Arendt was wonderful to speak to briefly. She was kind enough to commiserate with me about how odd it is that everyone in the south is so helpful. She hails in some way from Philadelphia too and was able to understand my surprise. A pleasure to speak with and just an all around nice person!

Susan Arendt:

Me and my friends ended up on a impromptu breakfast with 2 fellow expo visitors, made for a fun start of the morning :) So a group breakfast is a splendid idea I would say.

Kapol:

failedpoet:

...That would be interesting if we could figure out a way for it to work. XD Though I might have to poison some of your cookies just for fun.

Just remember, if cookie wars becomes real...that it was CheckD3 that started the thread that cookie wars was born in :D

Fijiman:

Same here. Oh well, thank Jim that they've at least uploaded some videos of it.
It helps keep that feeling of emptiness away.

I, like many others in this thread, regret not going. Looks like it was tons of fun.

I guess I know what I'm doing next year though :D

I regret not wanting to go. Sounds like you all had a blast.

CheckD3:

Kapol:

failedpoet:

Just remember, if cookie wars becomes real...that it was CheckD3 that started the thread that cookie wars was born in :D

Oh, Cookie Wars will happen. You can count on that. :)

Now I'm going to have to build a cookie cannon. And it shall be glorious.

Marshall Honorof:
So that's how you did them! I will have to try baking these at some point. I can only speak for myself, but your cookie really kept me going on Friday afternoon. A little sugar is nice, but a random act of kindness goes a long way.

Thanks. Honestly, it does mean a lot to me to know that the cookies were such a help to someone. The cookies seemed to go over well overall. Makes it worth the energy that went into them.

Out of curiosity, were you the one that approached me after... I think it was the Fanboyism panel or the How to Review Games panel. It was when I was talking to Chris. Asking that makes me feel like a bit rude. But I'd rather be sure.. ^^;

CheckD3:
So now that most people are back home and letting their minds linger on Expo while getting back to their real lives, I'm sure that there are regrets everyone had at Expo. I'm not talking about the big crazy ones that create lifetime movies, I'm talking small things.

Maybe you missed out on a panel, or didn't buy something quick enough. Maybe you wanted to do something but missed out on it, or didn't bring something/forgot something to get signed or show off. List goes on, but what's your biggest regrets about the happenings at Expo?

I had 3 sorta big ones. I regret not getting a chance to talk to Yahtzee a bit (although I doubt many Expo-goers did, understandably but still), I regret not extra securing my Yen necklace before the cosplay show, and I regret not getting to laser tag on Saturday like I had originally planned...didn't get to shoot y'all from behind walls that stop the bullets coming at me that are only as high as my chest.

Living in Europe is my biggest regret last weekend :(

MiracleOfSound:
Le Snip

Gav, mind if I ask a question? What do you think of Iron Maiden and have you heard of Porcupine Tree? They are a prog rock outfit and are totally wicked, look for a song by them called trains.

Evil Smurf:

MiracleOfSound:
Le Snip

Gav, mind if I ask a question? What do you think of Iron Maiden and have you heard of Porcupine Tree? They are a prog rock outfit and are totally wicked, look for a song by them called trains.

Not too familiar with Porcupine Tree but Iron Maiden are my favourite band :)

I regret being in Australia at the time.

MiracleOfSound:

Evil Smurf:

MiracleOfSound:
Le Snip

I think "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is their best song, followed by everyother song they do. No song by them is truly bad. Not even "Quest for fire".
Also I think you are my new favourite escapist person.

Evil Smurf:

MiracleOfSound:

Evil Smurf:

I think "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is their best song, followed by everyother song they do. No song by them is truly bad. Not even "Quest for fire".

Haha, Quest For Fire is adorable - it has the worst, and best, opening line in music history

MiracleOfSound:

Evil Smurf:

MiracleOfSound:

Haha, Quest For Fire is adorable - it has the worst, and best, opening line in music history

"In a time when dinosaurs walked the earth
When the land was swamp and caves were home"

Greatest opening lyrics ever. Beat that vanilla ice!, although stop, collaborate and listen is a gold start.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here