Expo regrets

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I have a soft spot in my heart for Dance of Death. Every time it pops up on my playlist I smile a bit more, sit up a bit more straight, sing along and, if I'm driving, hit the gas a bit harder.

I regret not finding out who was dressed as Slenderman on the Friday.

I was the girl you chased around Midday, I gave you a piece of paper when you "killed" me.

I just wanted to say thanks for being awesome about that. xD

sky14kemea:

I was the girl you chased around Midday, I gave you a piece of paper when you "killed" me.

Fun fact, there wasn't anybody dressed up as Slenderman.

Kapol:

Out of curiosity, were you the one that approached me after... I think it was the Fanboyism panel or the How to Review Games panel. It was when I was talking to Chris. Asking that makes me feel like a bit rude. But I'd rather be sure.. ^^;

Yes, I think that was me. Here's an actual picture of me from the Expo, if that helps. This was right before I ran Deadlands, a steampunk/Western tabletop RPG. Actually, that's my biggest regret from the expo; more of you guys didn't join me for my game! Next year, I will do my best to get it on the list a little earlier.

Kapol:

sky14kemea:

.... *rocks quietly in the corner*

So am I dead, and this is all a dream? D:

I regret not having the financial capacity to go out to Durham. Next year? We'll see. Schooling is expensive. I'm absorbing all the content about the Expo I can though. Hours of videos? AWESOME!

I regret not going up to chat or shake hands with Yahtzee, MovieBob, Jim, Graham, Paul, Gav, or any of the others. I liked that I got their autographs after Saturday's Q&A on my poster and my older brother's shirt, but I would of enjoyed going over to them to talk about various stuff. I guess I was a bit too shy to talk or something.

Regretted having to leave so shortly after the Q&A on Saturday so I could get home before midnight at my hometown of Clemmons. Had to if I was going to get any sleep for work on the Sunday following that Saturday. I really wished I could of stayed so I could of at least saw Gav's Shindig event and the Hour of Love panel. Next time I'll see about requesting three or five days off for the Expo next year.

Last but not least, I think my question to the Q&A panel on if the guys could give a hint as to anything special they might have in store for the Escapist during Halloween time was a bit weak. I think I should of asked them a sillier question. Like either if there's a video game character they feel ashamed of feeling attracted to, or which do they wear - boxer's or briefs. I would think if I asked the second one, Susan would of definitely needed therapy after the responses. Very much wonder who'd say they wore nothing, or wore someone else's underwear. LOL

Marshall Honorof:

Yes, I think that was me. Here's an actual picture of me from the Expo, if that helps. This was right before I ran Deadlands, a steampunk/Western tabletop RPG. Actually, that's my biggest regret from the expo; more of you guys didn't join me for my game! Next year, I will do my best to get it on the list a little earlier.

Yup. You were the only one to come up to me after like that. It was really nice getting thanked like that though, so thanks for that. :) Sorry for not recognizing you by the way. It was one of those situations where I felt I was right, but didn't want to make things very awkward by being wrong.

That does remind me that I meant to join in on a tabletop RPG. I've never been able to due to living in the middle of nowhere, and had intended on using the oppertunity presented by the expo to attempt one for the first time. Sadly I didn't remember to do so. Oh well. Deadlands does sound like it was a lot of fun.

sky14kemea:

Maybe. Or maybe he was just toying with you. Maybe he's there now, behind you... waiting...

Fijiman:
I regret not being able to go to the Expo. Does that count?

I reckon it counts. I'm certainly counting it - it sounds like it was a good weekend.

Oooh, I remember one regret I did have on the last day when I saw a certain arcade machine sitting dormant. I didn't get to show-off... I mean play any Mr. Do. Mr. Do is one of my all-time favorite games. Grew up with the old arcade cabniet. It's a lot of fun and I think I'm fairly good at it (as anyone who played it for much of their childhood would be). I'm trying to think back to the furthest I've gotten in it... I think level 23 or so. I could have preached about the game. Sadly, I never got the chance. Did talk to the guys who had organized the machines being brought though, then felt awkward after I asked if they'd played it only to learn the machines weren't theirs.

I regret living 75 miles from the Expo. . .and not knowing it was so close.

sky14kemea:

Kapol:

sky14kemea:

Kapol:
Maybe. Or maybe he was just toying with you. Maybe he's there now, behind you... waiting...

...waiting for you to give him $20.

(Seriously though, that would be hilarious. Some guy dressed as Slenderman. Gold chain necklace or some other bling on him. Playing Ron Browz's "Gimme 20 Dollars" on his phone or something loudly for everyone to hear. Think it would be a riot and would be great if somebody did that next Expo. P.S. I can't do it since I'm too overweight.)

Enh, just a few: Could've totally done a better job on my cosplay, should've ducked out of more pictures people were taking of the husband, who couldn't have done a better job on his, and I regret not fangirling Susan in person. She did look pretty dang busy though.

I also regret not talking to more people. Weird how shyness will pounce at the most inappropriate times.

I regret not asking a question (not even getting in line!) at either Q & A panel. I also regret not getting anything signed by anyone.

But perhaps my largest regret was waking up late on Sunday and missing the Hour of Love. The video here on the site was a hoot, but it's nothing like seeing it live

My biggest regret is not going. We had the time off, but had no way to get there even for just one day v.v

The thing that drives it home even harder is the pictures of Yahtzee with the cat ears. I would've killed to see that in person.

Mostly I regret not talking to more people, staff, contributors and general Escapists. Maybe next year...

I regret missing almost everything Saturday. I live in Florida, I drove my friends and I from there to the expo without stopping to res. Friday I had a bit of an adrenaline rush going, but come Saturday I basically died and over slept. I got to meet Gav in person and enjoyed the concert though, which was actually the biggest reason I went. And I got on stage with him! (I gave him the halo during mining all day long :D )

Also there was someone I was in front of during one of the autograph lines, but when I got up there I kind of froze...star struck and all. He was really excited and was about to go around me until I was like "whoa hold on me first" I felt like I was a bit rude when I didn't mean to be so for that I am sorry!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here