Missed Connections

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I was trying to think of a "non-Craig's List" subject to avoid the creepy, but...eh.

It started on Saturday night and continued well into Sunday, that feeling that I'd forgotten something. That nagging, incessant notion that I'd left something behind and I wasn't ever going to get it back. In reality it was actually the opposite.

I only saw one panel, which was okay with me. I half-participated in the Humans vs Zombies game, despite buying new Nerf guns specifically for it. Still, not an issue. What I was really kicking myself on Sunday over was the fact that I didn't exchange my Escapist user name with any of the incredibly fun people I ran into over the previous 2 days.

That's a big part of why I finally started using the forums, to see if anyone I ran into this weekend was here.

Luckily for me, ccesarano, CheckD3, and Dastardly were!

Now I'm just looking for:
-Brian, the really tall guy who killed me at laser tag, and I ran into SEVERAL times on Saturday.
-Miguel (sp?) and his girlfriend, who helped me (and Dastardly and his wife) keep the party going on Saturday after the concert.
-The "Secret of Monkey Island" cosplayer I was hanging with in that endless line. I'm pretty sure her boyfriend was wearing random chainmail despite NOT being in the cosplay contest himself.
-The trio of "Brutal Legend" cosplayers. Didn't really talk to them much, but I loved their choice of cosplay.
-The couple I WON the geek trivia contest with on Saturday.

There may be others but I had close to 20 beers on Saturday, so...apart from MovieBob and a chainmail bikini girl that I MAY have talked with, no one else comes to mind.

Thank goodness for the digital communication age! Anybody else as brain dead as I was on this simple act of social interaction?

EDIT:
This was me, by the by, for most of Saturday (and I was Nightwing in the cosplay contest):

Oh hey, I remember you being in my hotel room Saturday night!

I don't think we got to exchange many words.

Howdy, dude!
I was Eddie in the Brutal Legend trio (The fat one with the gorgeous, flowing hair that wouldn't shut the hell up and kept wacking people upside the head with my comically large duct tape axe). The other two in the trio were my girlfriend and some hairy dude who keeps sneaking into my apartment.

I very much remember you! You and Monkey Island girl and Steampunk chick were the only ones that made that fucking five-bazillion hour long wait for the fashion show bearable.

As a side note, I'd like to express how jealous I am that you had 20 beers on Saturday. I had, like, one beer the entire weekend and I drank it in a dead-quiet RPG room while people mumbled and gestured towards me.

I'm not sure how many people I actually talked to beyond a few I remember off hand, but some might remember me either as the person randomly giving out cookies. I also had the avatar on the back of my pass. Tried to have it so the avatar side was always showing, but I'm not sure how well it worked.

Kapol:
I also had the avatar on the back of my pass. Tried to have it so the avatar side was always showing, but I'm not sure how well it worked.

I did this as well- taped a picture of my avatar to the front of the pass. Your method was probably better since the damn things ALWAYS ended up backwards.

I was the guy who wasn't there.

I has a sad, man. :(

ccesarano:
Oh hey, I remember you being in my hotel room Saturday night!

I don't think we got to exchange many words.

Not many, no. But I appreciate having the space to hang out for a while. My housemate (who came with) had some stomach bug most of Saturday, so my room wasn't the best place to be. :)

Harry Mason:
Howdy, dude!
I was Eddie in the Brutal Legend trio (The fat one with the gorgeous, flowing hair that wouldn't shut the hell up and kept wacking people upside the head with my comically large duct tape axe). The other two in the trio were my girlfriend and some hairy dude who keeps sneaking into my apartment.

I recognized you all immediately. I still recommend that game to people as "a love-letter to metal". I even have a Pandora station based on Judas Priest that seems to only play the soundtrack. :)

Harry Mason:
I very much remember you! You and Monkey Island girl and Steampunk chick were the only ones that made that fucking five-bazillion hour long wait for the fashion show bearable.

Likewise on the making it bearable. If we HAD to be stuck in that one hallway for the better part of 90 minutes, at least it was with like-minded geeks who were just there to have fun.

Harry Mason:
As a side note, I'd like to express how jealous I am that you had 20 beers on Saturday. I had, like, one beer the entire weekend and I drank it in a dead-quiet RPG room while people mumbled and gestured towards me.

Find me next year, I'll hook you up. I gave several away that night too (mostly so I wasn't trying to drive back home with them filling up my trunk). But I'm always happy to buy a round for cool people. :-)

I was the one with the giant taco...

Totally not trying to bring attention to myself >.>

PsychicTaco115:

I actually came back to the forums that night at some point and realized I had randomly sat down at the front of the hotel/convention with you and Check D3 while everyone was just chilling.

ccesarano:

PsychicTaco115:

I actually came back to the forums that night at some point and realized I had randomly sat down at the front of the hotel/convention with you and Check D3 while everyone was just chilling.

Sorry, could you refresh my memory on what day that was?

Everything's a blur of Nos, games and Jim making masturbation jokes...

At the risk of this sounding really creeper-ish, I just want to give a shout-out to the girl with the Jayne hat and Firefly t-shirt. I was the one who told you your hat was pretty cunning, and it absolutely was - I'm super jealous. You seemed pretty awesome for the eight seconds in which we talked, wish I'd have gotten your username or something.

The Rogue Wolf:

Kapol:
I also had the avatar on the back of my pass. Tried to have it so the avatar side was always showing, but I'm not sure how well it worked.

I did this as well- taped a picture of my avatar to the front of the pass. Your method was probably better since the damn things ALWAYS ended up backwards.

I had the opposite problem. It always seemed to want to be on the front side for me. I think the problem might have been that the side that has additional weight ends up moving down whenever it's lifted in a way that allows for it, and hence when it's bobbing with movements it could twist so the more heavy side is facing towards you. That's just a guess though. Was still annoying. :(

PsychicTaco115:

Trust me, I have moments where I remember spending time with people and then have no memory of what we discussed.

That was Friday night. I had left to check out the Dragon Age anime for a while. It didn't impress me enough to stick around, and I realized that if Dead Space would make it to Netflix Instant then so would the Dragon Age anime. I returned a bit later but people had dispersed a bit.

YO! Thanks to everyone that was partying on Friday and Saturday night. I'm terrible with names, but if we were hangin' out, thanks, the expo was tons of funs.

failedpoet:

-The "Secret of Monkey Island" cosplayer I was hanging with in that endless line. I'm pretty sure her boyfriend was wearing random chainmail despite NOT being in the cosplay contest himself.

I am not the Secret of Monkey Island cosplayer but I am her friend. I was Zabuza for the Saturday contest and a zombie (plant vs zombie variety) on Sunday. Her boyfriend, as stated by him, was "a generic western RPG man."

Good times were had with great people.

Here is my Zabuza with some others (all credit to Beverly Tan, http://www.facebook.com/BeverlyTanPhotography):

Here is my plant vs zombie cosplay (credit to Nathaniel Bunn, http://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.bunn:

I've already been mentioned and my new Avatar is probably a giveaway, but I was Combo from Jet Set Radio, the guy with the giant Yen necklace. I was also the only person on Rollerblades on Saturday, either in panels, roaming the convention halls, or outside trying to tag people in HvZ...which everyone thought was unfair...you realize that I couldn't turn fast, and couldn't go down stairs or had to move carefully up stairs...right? But yeah, I was roller blading Yen necklace guy....

Hello all! I thought I posted this last night but I don't see it, so please forgive me if this is now double posted.

I was one of the Gangnam Style guys dancing all around the con! We have photos up here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472693759429671.111156.472312562801124&type=3

Also you can connect with me here!
http://www.facebook.com/tehmoustache

ccesarano:

PsychicTaco115:

Trust me, I have moments where I remember spending time with people and then have no memory of what we discussed.

That was Friday night. I had left to check out the Dragon Age anime for a while. It didn't impress me enough to stick around, and I realized that if Dead Space would make it to Netflix Instant then so would the Dragon Age anime. I returned a bit later but people had dispersed a bit.

YES!

Now I remember, all of us sitting/standing in the... fountain? Was it a fountain?

Anyway, Dragon Age anime wasn't good? That sucks :/

I didn't see enough to determine if it was good or bad, but it wasn't sinking its hooks. I decided that, sure, I COULD sit there and watch an anime by my lonesome, or I could go and spend time with friends NOW.

I'm satisfied with my choice.

tootall:
Here is my Zabuza with some others

Not sure who the character is. Anime?? Hair looks cool though. :)

tootall:
Here is my plant vs zombie cosplay

Are you a cactus? Awesome! Love the little dart/needle things for props. :)

failedpoet:

tootall:
Here is my Zabuza with some others

Not sure who the character is. Anime?? Hair looks cool though. :)

tootall:
Here is my plant vs zombie cosplay

Are you a cactus? Awesome! Love the little dart/needle things for props. :)

I'm pretty sure in the first image he's the guy on the left, and in the other he's the zombie dude in the middle. Y'know, what with being the only consistent between the two photos. :P

ccesarano:
I'm pretty sure in the first image he's the guy on the left, and in the other he's the zombie dude in the middle. Y'know, what with being the only consistent between the two photos. :P

You see, I...I mean I just. But I...

Hmm.

Not sure why I assumed "friend of girl" = "another girl".

Blind assumption: 1
Evolved male sensibility: 0

:-p

Hey OP, you look a bit like Yahtzee, honestly. Right on, Nerf fights are the greatest.

Blunderboy:
I was the guy who wasn't there.

I has a sad, man. :(

You cosplayed as a ghost like me, huh?

Starik20X6:

Blunderboy:
Snippety

Snip

Make room for another guy missing out...

Seriously, next year, I'm totally going. God damned Norway being so far away from cool stuff like this...

chadachada123:
Hey OP, you look a bit like Yahtzee, honestly. Right on, Nerf fights are the greatest.

Is it the scowl? It's probably the scowl. And the unkempt facial hair.

Oh, and if Yahtzee *happens* to read this, that's meant with sincere affection! :)

PsychicTaco115:

I was the girl on the Friday who asked you "Is that a taco?"

:D Although you probably got a lot of those.

I was wearing a red shirt with a ton of avatars on it, if that helps.

sky14kemea:

PsychicTaco115:

I remember that!

Though, the only thing I was thinking was "A MOD IS TALKING TO ME IN REAL LIFE"

I was paranoid that you would have an inflatable ban hammer >.>...

PsychicTaco115:

I remember that!

BWAHAHAHAHA! :D

I was supposed to have one... I forgot it. :(

sky14kemea:

PsychicTaco115:

I remember that!

BWAHAHAHAHA! :D

I was supposed to have one... I forgot it. :(

Awww! That would have been great! :D Next year!

I'd totally want to hook up with the lass who did the Marian Cross cosplay. Still awesome! <3 (I'm totally sorry I hugged you out of no-where, also.)

PsychicTaco115:

sky14kemea:

PsychicTaco115:

I remember that!

If there's anything I learned at the Expo it's that meeting people in real life doesn't mean they won't torture you on the internet. Me and Mud hit it off at the Expo.

Then he Biebered be yesterday DX

Fappy:

PsychicTaco115:

sky14kemea:

I remember that!

If there's anything I learned at the Expo it's that meeting people in real life doesn't mean they won't torture you on the internet. Me and Mud hit it off at the Expo.

Then he Biebered be yesterday DX

Yeah, how'd that go?

I tried to do it with you, but the button didn't work...

I pressed it twice, I swear!

Fappy:
If there's anything I learned at the Expo it's that meeting people in real life doesn't mean they won't torture you on the internet.

Speak for yourself, I got to slap Kross with a trout. XD

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.