The EXPO opened my eyes to the world...

..off the Escapist.

I came for yahtzee and left aware of so many other great contributors on the Escapist. I just joined the site and will probably end up getting a premium membership as well.

Bravo Escapsit..Bravo....

Anyone else experience the same?

[Insert hipster condescending quip here]

You have no idea what you're in for :D

Meh.. Come at be Bro :p

I know there were alot of lurkers, just see the panel video's. :)

Well, it's always nice to see new people

Enjoy the stay and try not to spill anything

We hate stains

Yeah, I felt the same way. Went there for the Yahtzee, stayed for the awesome. I've actually enjoyed participating here on the forums and checking out the other content on the site since I've been back. Awesome stuff.

I think the Expo is gonna bring a lot of people to the forums whether they attended it or not. I know just from watching the videos I want to.

:D

Fresh Meat!

Wait... NO. No eating the newbies. Let them grow bigger, then eat. Yes, neon like. >:3

*Ahem*

I was originally coming to the escapist to watch ZP, but then, one faithful year ago, I joined and become a frequent user of the forums and started watching everyone's content. I'm now a big fan of the Jimqusition and Feed Dump. :D

I actually was linked here by a friend for Unskippable. And Unforgotten Realms.... which ironically has been long forgotten. That was probably.... 2008? Seeing as it probably took me a year to create an account. Then I found ZP, and Doomsday Arcade (anyone else love that one? No? :( ), and Miracle of Sound.

I made an account when I felt I needed to be part of the community. I had watched ZP on YouTube forabout 2 weeks beforehand and I thought yes, time to join.

Miracle of Sound was pretty much under my radar until I went to the concert at the expo.

Gavin is da man!

Also Unskippable to a lesser extent. I knew they were here on the site but didn't really think they were my kind of thing.

Boy was I wrong! So I agree with the OP wholeheartedly!

We don't take kindly to outsiders a trespassin' on this here land

*loads shotgun*

welcome to this pit of gamers you'll find furrys, bronys and trolls alll over

just don't anger the hive, they have no mercy

I originally signed up for rob back in '09 (Anyone remember him and his animation Unforgotten Realms?), I then discovered Extra Credits and stayed for them too... After trailing off for a year or so, I came back in 2011 after a friend showed me Zero Punctuation!

Now I hang 'round the forums, watching Moviebob reviews, Zero Punctuation, Jimquisition, Critical Miss comic strips and reading some columns too. I watch some of the other videos as well at times, but there's not enough time in the world to watch them all.

It's a great place to hang out online; I'm always contemplating the publisher club as well. I gotta' warn you though, forums can drive you mad with the never-ending recurrence of threads based on controversial topics such as ME3, gun laws and feminism. Seriously, there's like 10 of each every freaking day.

Oh, and I think GIF season is in - or was that last month? Sod it, here's one on the house.

PsychicTaco115:
Well, it's always nice to see new people

Enjoy the stay and try not to spill anything

We hate stains

Pour the milk on the pantry floor!
Splash the wine on every door!
That's what the Escapists' hate!
So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!

Blunt the knives and bend the forks!
Smash the bottles and burn the corks!
That's what the Escapists' hate!
So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!

Edit:

OP: Welcome!

neonsword13-ops:

Fresh Meat!

Wait... NO. No eating the newbies. Let them grow bigger, then eat. Yes, neon like. >:3

*Ahem*

I was originally coming to the escapist to watch ZP, but then, one faithful year ago, I joined and become a frequent user of the forums and started watching everyone's content. I'm now a big fan of the Jimqusition and Feed Dump. :D

I think this is the story that gets told 1,000 times over. It's basically my story.

Though, I enjoy LRR, the webcomics, No Right Answer, MovieBob, most every story like Space Janitors and such. It's a much bigger site than you initially realize.

Also, I joined the forum to get involved in a political discussion... Not sure what that says about me.

Oddly enough I had heard of The Escapist before Zero Punctuation, but didn't have the time to read any of the articles when I first saw it. After someone linked me the Bioshock episode of Zero Punctuation I decided to have a look around, and after reading that week's articles stuck it in my bookmarks.

I'm probably one of the few that stuck around because of the articles, which is a shame because I don't have as much time to read them when they go up these days.

neonsword13-ops:

Fresh Meat!

First thing I thought of:

OT: I didn't really change my views on the Escapist's content.
I still like ZP and Jimquisition, and I'm still not a fan of Unskippable and Critical Miss.

I was a total nub and didn't make time to attend the Expo. Truly regretting it now. Hopefully it was enough of a success that thoughts are all ready rolling on another within a couple years or so. I will attend.

I met my boyfriend at the expo's magic tournament and I have never been happier than I am now, so the expo has changed my life in a way too. We both look back on it and smile. I hope there is one next year.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.