Soo...Who's Cosplaying?

My friend and I had a great time cosplaying (my first time) at the expo last year. Who's doing it (again) this time around??

Pretty sure my fiance and I are going to go as April O'Neil and Casey Jones this time around.

Woohoo :)

I was planning on it but alas I have no money to get any cosplay. I will be cosplaying as my avatar though. I'll give you all a little bit to figure out how that will work =P

I've always wanted to cosplay, but all the things I'd want to do require a lot of know how (at the very least, I'm terrible at sewing.)

What/who are you cosplaying?

Dire Sloth:
I've always wanted to cosplay, but all the things I'd want to do require a lot of know how (at the very least, I'm terrible at sewing.)

I expect you to cosplay as the Dire-Moose, all you need is some giant balloons :P

Eleuthera:

Dire Sloth:

I expect you to cosplay as the Dire-Moose, all you need is some giant balloons :P

It could happen! Until I step on a rogue tack or something.

Not speaking as an experienced cosplayer, but as an observer I noticed a few things that are must follow basic rules if you want to pull of a cosplay well.I love watching cosplayers , but it works best for me if these steps are clearly taken into account :

- Pick a character that fit with your build/body type: I am short and stumpy type so it is hard for me to get away playing Kratos or something. Some character could work if there is a certain amount of armour involved. (aren't yo ua little short for a stormtrooper?). It works better if your basic frame matches the original to a degree.

- Fully Commit: I have seen "cosplays" that involve half a hoodie and a cheap plastic brace to be a AC brotherhood character? Certainly not Altair. If you going for it get it all and make it fit and matching.

- Don't skimp on your outfit and accessories: Kind of related to the previous point, but make sure you stuff it top notch and finished,This does not mean that you have to buy it all, but at least do some detailing and finishing on your handcrafted outfit or your makeup.

Also be practical: There will be a lot of hours walking and being on your feet,keep that in mind when you go all in, if need be have a buddy with you to help you carry stuff/go to the bathroom etc. Be comfortable as you can be in your outfit.

Anyone else have any other suggestions/rules/guidelines?

I just saw an interview with Beat Down Boogie (production of this DragonCon video , Mario Warfare, and Modern War Gear Solid fames) will be attending The Expo this year. They do some great videos.

My cousin and I are just wearing our Victorian-era steampunk suits this year, but hopefully next year we can get our Captain Planet villains cosplay worked out.

I might be attempting to attend as Arthur Dent, but don't know if you're allowed while volunteering.

Zwomp:
I might be attempting to attend as Arthur Dent, but don't know if you're allowed while volunteering.

Of course you are, just be careful with your costume. :)

My roommate and I are getting the funds together to get some good Pirate garb together by then and am trying to get as many people as possible to show up as such. Should be a lot of fun! I promise we wont do Gangnam Style like we did last year haha.

I'll be cosplaying Nilin from Remember Me.
This'll be my first time attending Escapist Expo (and only for a day because work ;u;).

for the unprepared or underfunded, how about a trade-off?
I have the makings to cosplay the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) and The Dude from The Big Lebowski. I'll rent either for the duration of the weekend in exchange for a day pass so I can meet the love of my life- Yahtzee. if I can rent out both, then my wife can come too.
I'm a Raleigh local, so I can meet before the expo or day of. the sweater (men's lg) and scarf (11' long laid flat excl tassels) are handcrafted from patterns I found on the internet.

The Fourth Doctor:
sonic screwdriver
scarf
hat

The Dude:
sweater
sunglasses
(opt) written instructions for preparing the perfect caucasian

PM if you're interested. penalties yet to be determined for trying to scam me and/or returning the stuff with blood/vomit/squid ink stains.

I'll be cosplaying as Vincent from Catherine

Not in the underwear, but in the traditional clothes he's wearing

I'll have a giant taco head with me too, so look out for that :D

I'll be bringing my wh40k Commissar again, and possibly my post-apoc/protomen inspired proto man. This time I've got a nerf bolt pistol for the commissar that actually works and isn't as likely to get me killed in the hvz game. Last time I died due to a misfire.

I'm thinking of goinog as Agent 47 on Saturday, but I may want to run in the Zombie run, and not wear a jacket and tie all day, so I'm not really sure.

Also, I'm 6'5, that may be too tall to portray 47 properly, I don't know.

I was the steam-punk monster-hunter. It was my first and it was awesome. Here goes some of the cosplays that attended. http://www.gamersnexus.net/news/1195-best-cosplayers-escapist-expo#.UlFvEH9R6Xs

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here