The Hard Corps

Greetings all!

Just wanted to make a general announcement about Volunteers. If you have signed up to be a Volunteer (aka Hard Corps) member for 2013, you should have received an initial email from me by now. If you have not, please check your email SPAM/Junk folder as a couple of people have told me that my email to them landed there.

If you have already received the initial contact email and responded, then you should be hearing back from me sometime next week. I have not forgotten you! I appreciate your patience in a huge way. =)

One thing I want to bring up while I'm here: Volunteer shifts will be 4 hours, not 3 hours as previously stated on the site. Technically, shifts will be 4.5 hours, but the extra 30 minutes is actually break time so it doesn't really count. You can use this time to do important things like EAT or COFFEE (yes, coffee is now a verb).

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. I'll do my best to check the thread every day (email alerts, GO!) so that I am able to respond to questions as quickly as possible. Don't forget that we're also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Escapist-Expo-Hard-Corps/334146090037425 .

Thanks all, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

So the second one hasn't gone out yet, right? Just want to make sure I didn't miss it.

EDIT: Nevermind, there it is.

Glad you found it! A lot of the second emails have gone out, but a job loss and sickness torpedoed the latter part of my week. I will be sending out the rest of the second round emails tomorrow.

I can transfer my registration now, right? And I do that by emailing support?

I believe that is correct. Support should be able to assist you. :-)

Are you able to transfer your registration whenever? Or do you have to do so before the Expo begins?

And also, will we get an email about when we'll have our shifts? :)

Zwomp:
Are you able to transfer your registration whenever? Or do you have to do so before the Expo begins?

And also, will we get an email about when we'll have our shifts? :)

I'm not sure what the answer is to your first question, but I can answer your second question!

I'm hoping to take schedule requests by the end of the week of the 23rd (depends on when the panel schedule is finished). I should have the completed schedule out by the 30th or October 1st. It's not as soon as I would like to have it, but I can't really take schedule requests until the panel schedule is done.

Two more questions and then I think I might be done-

-I emailed support about transferring registration and still haven't heard back, would that just be part of the general delays?

-Can shifts be different times on different days? I'd like to do setup but I probably won't make it there until a bit into Friday.

I'm happy to help!

- I know that people have been running around like crazy with all of the recent events going on (like Pax Prime) and Expo planning. I'm sure that your email is in the que somewhere, but it just hasn't been seen yet. I'll try to poke someone for you though.

- Shifts can absolutely be different times on different days! In fact, I find it likely that most people's schedule will be a different each day. What time are you available on Friday? Will you be able to make it in time for the last shift (which starts at 3:30pm)?

Thanks!

Hey everyone!

If you are part of the Hard Corps, then you should have received an email with the schedule by now. If you have not, please email me immediately!

Thanks, and see you all in a day or two!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here