Which My Little Pony Would be Your Bestie?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

JenSeven:

Worgen:

JenSeven:
Wait, MLP and Bronies are still a thing?

I thought that whole thing was gone a long time ago.

Welp, guess that means back to where I do not get bothered with that fanbase anymore, and hope it dies out again.

Dirty Cop James funs:

*checks year*

yup. 2017.......

WHY IN THE FUG ARE PONIES STILL A THING?

PSSSSTT. I have bad news, a movie is coming out soon.

.... Yeah, that was expected. When executives smell money, there will be a movie. No matter if the actual fanbase of it has already moved on.

One of the main reasons why I seriously dislike MLP and Bronies is because I knew some Bronies and they pushed me into watching the show.
When I finally did, I found it childish, highly annoying and not worth my time. When I told them so, they got kinda angry and said that I didn't understand my own opinion or couldn't see the depth of the show (trust me, I did, I just didn't like it) and they kept on trying to get me to watch other episodes that they liked and trying to explain to me why they liked the show, over and over, and kept telling me that I should like it too.

I broke contact with them. Not that they minded that and refused to stop.

So, that is why I dislike MLP. The show is stupid and the fans are worse.

To be fair, you probably faced the die hard fans who were very vocal about their passion and demanded the same respect for the show as they do. Most people in nearly every fandom is much nicer, considerate, and could care less whether you like their crap or not. However, there's always the bad apples in every fandom and that also doesn't mean the fans represent the show itself.

Also, while I respect your opinion if you liked / disliked the show ... calling it stupid is going to get people determined to fight you over that. It's as what Worgen said- how you express things will determine whether you guys will simply talk about it or get into fights. Please choose your words more carefully next time around.

Well, Frappe, you might as well nuke my posts now, because I'm not going to mince words:

I think the show and everything about it looks disgusting.

American Tanker:
Well, Frappe, you might as well nuke my posts now, because I'm not going to mince words:

I can disagree but i'm not going to abuse my powers lol. I really don't see why you guys would assume i'd do something that extreme over opinions .__.

6 quiz tries. 6 new badges.

The last time I took a quiz, where the answers were so blatantly obvious, was MtG's "What color are you?"
Just because I required the downfall and suffering of a few simpletons...

American Tanker:

Its because you are weak, don't worry, you will grow out of it.

Shut up, Worgen, you're just making it worse.

*sigh* I fucking hate everyone that tries to ram that show down my fucking throat. Keep on hyping it up as "the greatest thing ever" and all you'll do is make me hate it more. So just stop. For your own sake.

American Tanker:

*sigh* I fucking hate everyone that tries to ram that show down my fucking throat. Keep on hyping it up as "the greatest thing ever" and all you'll do is make me hate it more. So just stop. For your own sake.

Then why did you come here looking for a fight? You could have ignored this thread or just said the show isn't your thing.

Because I'm a fun-hating humorless asshole. And I fucking hate that god damn show.

Worgen:

American Tanker:

Then why did you come here looking for a fight? You could have ignored this thread or just said the show isn't your thing.

Right? It's like when people go into a hobby enthusiast store and say "your hobby sucks!" and when people tell them to fuck off the response is "WHY ARE YOU OPPRESSING MY OPINION?!" Side note though, nobody was ramming the show down Tanker's throat for a second. It was just a little comment, but Tanker seems to have taken it suuuuuuper personal. Someone needs a friendship hug

American Tanker:
Because I'm a fun-hating humorless asshole. And I fucking hate that god damn show.

Why do you hate it?

@Worgen: Because nothing about it looks appealing, and the fanbase won't SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. about it.

Elvis Starburst:
Someone needs a friendship hug.

Take one step closer and you're getting a .45ACP through your eyeball.

Mod Edit: Death threats are utterly forbidden.

American Tanker:
@Worgen: Because nothing about it looks appealing, and the fanbase won't SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. about it.

Elvis Starburst:
Someone needs a friendship hug.

See, there you go wanting people to shove it into your face more. It's fine if your not into it but then why are you coming to a place where you are going to find fans of it and demanding them to pay attention to you?

Also, here is a hug you so desperately need.

I got Jappleack.

I got Twilight which makes sense, as head of research for a military museum I would definitely fit her. For those who hate the show, I find it balances out the death I deal with on a daily basis. Instead of writing about things that kill people sometimes it's nice to see something bright and cheerful for a change, keeps me from getting too dark.

Oooooo can I join the gangbang here too?

Ahem. MLP fans are just wannabe furries.

Xan Krieger:
as head of research for a military museum

Your name now somewhat makes sense to me. lol

American Tanker:

While I don't agree with you I see your point and can empathize because I feel the exact same way about Homestuck and Undertale.

Arnoxthe1:
Oooooo can I join the gangbang here too?

Ahem. MLP fans are just wannabe furries.

Oh that's a low blow, sir.

American Tanker:
Because nothing about it looks appealing, and the fanbase won't SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. about it.

Now, see, that's fair enough at the start and can be respected. But the rest falls apart at the end becaaaaaaauuuuuuuuse of...

Worgen:
See, there you go wanting people to shove it into your face more. It's fine if your not into it but then why are you coming to a place where you are going to find fans of it and demanding them to pay attention to you?

That. Whoopsies!

American Tanker:

RedRockRun:
Oh that's a low blow, sir.

Fine. You can't touch my furry stuff anyway.

I got Applejack. I knew that was going to be my result based on the answers I gave to the best of my knowledge, but...Rarity is my favorite pony. Then again, Rarity and Applejack do make a good pair, so there's that.

I honestly think I'd probably have more fun with Twilight though, as she's adorable and a bit of a dork.

None of them.

I'm not quite right wing enough for that show.

American Tanker:

Seconded, Thirded, and Fourthed. With a side of Fifthed.

Apparently this one:

Rarity

Rarity
Take this quiz

I've only seen two episodes, though. I remember thinking it was ok, though probably aimed at a much younger demographic than I am in. Don't know what the fuss was about. Why it was so hated by some or liked by others. I have no recollection of this 'rarity' charactar.

Smithnikov:
None of them.

I seem to recall telling you to stop saying really stupid things about MLP. You are totally wrong about it and you are just parroting some moron on tumblrs opinion.

No

Worgen:

Smithnikov:
None of them.

I seem to recall telling you to stop saying really stupid things about MLP. You are totally wrong about it and you are just parroting some moron on tumblrs opinion.

Nothing stupid about it.

And it wasn't from Tumblr.

Smithnikov:
No

Worgen:

Smithnikov:
None of them.

Nothing stupid about it.

Yes, its profoundly stupid. Its like you keep saying mario is the best selling sega game. Its annoyingly stupid and easily provably wrong. Which I did on the other thread but no, you heard about it from some idiot on, fine twitter. So it must be right, no wonder people are buying the sega switch.

Guys ... please. Let's get along and just enjoy the content (or not, but no need to argue lol)

Worgen:

Smithnikov:
No

Worgen:

Nothing stupid about it.

Yes, its profoundly stupid. Its like you keep saying mario is the best selling sega game. Its annoyingly stupid and easily provably wrong. Which I did on the other thread but no, you heard about it from some idiot on, fine twitter. So it must be right, no wonder people are buying the sega switch.

I'll take your apologia more seriously when I'm NOT arguing with a Brony elsewhere who's claiming the Nazi party weren't pro-censorship "Unlike liberals". To hell with this show and it's fans.

"Nice! You're the Element of Honesty, perhaps the best trait someone could possess when it comes to making friends. Hard working, mature, and modest; you're the kind of pony that has a widely-known reputation across Equestria due your accomplishments. Family is always on your mind, with the desire to prove that you're all about helping the family business grow so those you care about can live without financial problems. While the other girls may like to look pretty and gossip to pass the time, you're the kind of pony that loves getting your hooves dirty from all the labor you do day in and day out, with a smile on your face. But here's me being honest; you should really wash your hat. It kind of smells since you're always wearing it, take it wherever you go, and you even sleep with it on too. That's nasty."

Yeah!....I think?

Smithnikov:

Worgen:

Smithnikov:
No

Nothing stupid about it.

I'll take your apologia more seriously when I'm NOT arguing with a Brony elsewhere who's claiming the Nazi party weren't pro-censorship "Unlike liberals". To hell with this show and it's fans.

So then you thought you better come into this thread and start complaining about it with your TOTALLY stupid and wrong points and make yourself look ignorant? That's smart.

Smithnikov:

You are basing your conceptions about the show and all of it's fans (which at the height of it's popularity must have numbered in the hundreds of thousands) on your interactions with a single fan in a discussion about an unrelated topic?

That is generalizing to an absolutely outrageous degree. I don't think there is anything rational about what you just said. I would come up with an analogy to represent how ridiculous that is, but I can't actually think of anything more ludicrous to use as an example than MLP being right wing propaganda based on interactions with one fan. People do have individual values and beliefs and are not a hivemind based on what shows they enjoy.

Applejack

Applejack
Take this quiz

not bad. even though i see my self between rainbow and apple.

If y'all can't learn to get along, or at least avoid going to threads you don't like specifically to start complaining and raising tensions/starting fights, I'm gonna start banging your heads together.
And to be on topic: I got Applekack. Not a typo. I got the hick with the racist barn song. I prefer reading books, but it's typical I got the honesty result.

All I did was come in here because it was front page content, my comment was simply questioning why MLP and Bronies were still a thing.
Then people responded to me and I wanted to explain my experiences with this fanbase and my feelings on it.

The fans say, we don't push it in your face, and still it is front page content here.
I don't see any content on the front page that panders to different fanbases.
I have never seen something that caters to furries, Trekkies or Star Wars fans. Or any of the other more prevalent fanbases. It is MLP and Bronies here. Very frequently.

And people say, then don't comment on it.
While at the same time this is FRONT PAGE content. If you don't want people to comment on it, don't put it up on the front page.

People say, don't engage them then.
While from my own person experience there are a lot of militant Bronies around, that will defend their show to the extreme.
The MLP fandom almost seems like a cross between the LoL player base with even more exposure than Star Wars.

If you don't want people voicing their displeasure over the pandering of a fanbase, then don't put it on the front page. Don't push it into everyone's face.

Pseudonym:
I've only seen two episodes, though. I remember thinking it was ok, though probably aimed at a much younger demographic than I am in. Don't know what the fuss was about. Why it was so hated by some or liked by others. I have no recollection of this 'rarity' charactar.

From what I know she was a fashionista, and something of an overreacter (She has a goddam fainting couch. A FAINTING COUCH.)

As for me, I got Pinkie Pie. Which I'll take because Fuk Da 4th Wall.

That said, despite not being a fan of the show itself, I know way more about it than I by all rights should, and if I had to choose, Pinkie would be second to the actual best pony.

Now we need to have a My Little Apocalypse Pony quiz.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here