Which My Little Pony Would be Your Bestie?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

JenSeven:
All I did was come in here because it was front page content, my comment was simply questioning why MLP and Bronies were still a thing.
Then people responded to me and I wanted to explain my experiences with this fanbase and my feelings on it.

The fans say, we don't push it in your face, and still it is front page content here.
I don't see any content on the front page that panders to different fanbases.
I have never seen something that caters to furries, Trekkies or Star Wars fans. Or any of the other more prevalent fanbases. It is MLP and Bronies here. Very frequently.

And people say, then don't comment on it.
While at the same time this is FRONT PAGE content. If you don't want people to comment on it, don't put it up on the front page.

People say, don't engage them then.
While from my own person experience there are a lot of militant Bronies around, that will defend their show to the extreme.
The MLP fandom almost seems like a cross between the LoL player base with even more exposure than Star Wars.

If you don't want people voicing their displeasure over the pandering of a fanbase, then don't put it on the front page. Don't push it into everyone's face.

I think every quiz has been on the front page. It might be more noticable because it's bright pink, but other fan shows and games have also been featured.

Amongst the shows and games that have been in a quiz recently (recently as in the first page of the quiz list):

Samurai Jack
Star Wars
Zootopia
Overwatch
Ghost in the Shell
Pokemon
Undertale
Team Fortress 2
James Bond
Fallout
Witcher

JenSeven:
All I did was come in here because it was front page content, my comment was simply questioning why MLP and Bronies were still a thing.
Then people responded to me and I wanted to explain my experiences with this fanbase and my feelings on it.

The fans say, we don't push it in your face, and still it is front page content here.
I don't see any content on the front page that panders to different fanbases.
I have never seen something that caters to furries, Trekkies or Star Wars fans. Or any of the other more prevalent fanbases. It is MLP and Bronies here. Very frequently.

And people say, then don't comment on it.
While at the same time this is FRONT PAGE content. If you don't want people to comment on it, don't put it up on the front page.

People say, don't engage them then.
While from my own person experience there are a lot of militant Bronies around, that will defend their show to the extreme.
The MLP fandom almost seems like a cross between the LoL player base with even more exposure than Star Wars.

If you don't want people voicing their displeasure over the pandering of a fanbase, then don't put it on the front page. Don't push it into everyone's face.

If you don't want to be challenged then be more respectful. Your initial post first expressed suprise that the show having fandom is still a thing, whatever, you would have gotten a reply about that saying it was and if you didn't reply or just said something like "ok" then that would have been it. But you included this statement "Welp, guess that means back to where I do not get bothered with that fanbase anymore, and hope it dies out again." That is a challenge, so your going to get a bit more of an aggressive response.

I got Worst Pony, quiz invalid.

Quiz needs more Luna.

Rainbow Dash

Ukomba:
Quiz needs more Luna.

Rainbow Dash

I would make a 2nd quiz featuring other cast members of the MLP universe, but seeing how things turned out in the comment section ... this will likely be your last pony quiz. Apologies ^_^'

Caramel Frappe:
I would make a 2nd quiz featuring other cast members of the MLP universe, but seeing how things turned out in the comment section ... this will likely be your last pony quiz. Apologies ^_^'

Nah, make more, if people want to get their panties in a twist over something they can easily completely ignore, then that's on them. It's not being shoved down their throats so much as they're drinking water from a tap and complaining that they are drinking free water.

Caramel Frappe:
This will likely be your last pony quiz.

No need to apologize to anyone, this is a good thing.

American Tanker:

Caramel Frappe:

Just because you said that, I might just do so. I don't mind if people hate MLP, but you're really going out of your way to show us that. So might as well feed ya more of the content right?

A little sad. I got Twilight when I would have prefered Pinkie. Oh well.

OTOH, there is some grade A drama here so I guess it's not a total loss.

*Munches Popcorn*

Caramel Frappe:
Just because you said that, I might just do so. I don't mind if people hate MLP, but you're really going out of your way to show us that. So might as well feed ya more of the content right?

If that's what you decide. There's nothing I can do to stop you.

But don't be surprised at my reaction, when this happens.

Caramel Frappe:

American Tanker:

Caramel Frappe:

Times like this I miss Kross because I bet he'd take that as a personal challenge to make the site as MLP as possible for a day or so out of spite...

*Le Siiiigh...

tippy2k2:
I bet he'd take that as a personal challenge to make the site as MLP as possible for a day or so out of spite...

Emphasis mine.

Yeah, NOPE. I would NOT want to be part of a website with staff that fucking petty. I'd call for their heads on pikes over shit like that.

Caramel Frappe:

Interestingly, years ago, when I asked the staff at the time if they were going to do a quiz like this, they said no, and the reason given was because they didn't want a thread turning out... well, like this one.

I never really understood that reasoning, because that same reasoning didn't apply to Jim when he posted his adblock thread, or to Grey Carter and his multitude of flamebaity topics. Always seemed like a weak excuse, if you ask me.

American Tanker:

Caramel Frappe:

If that's what you decide. There's nothing I can do to stop you.

But don't be surprised at my reaction, when this happens.

So you're going to go into them and be whiny and spread ignorance?

@Worgen: No, just going to be predictably grumpy at the fact that this show even gets attention still.

Caramel Frappe:

American Tanker:

Caramel Frappe:

American Tanker:

tippy2k2:
I bet he'd take that as a personal challenge to make the site as MLP as possible for a day or so out of spite...

Emphasis mine.

Yeah, NOPE. I would NOT want to be part of a website with staff that fucking petty. I'd call for their heads on pikes over shit like that.

You heard american trucker. Quick, turn 'The Escapist' into 'Escapist to Equestira.' We can get him to leave.

American Tanker:
@Worgen: No, just going to be predictably grumpy at the fact that this show even gets attention still.

You really are all over the place with your comments, sometimes your really violent, sometimes you're self aware. It's odd, when your self aware. Like those posts I can just put as someone not enjoying it and leave it alone. Its when your violent that I get to say "Wee, time for some fun."

Wanting to run another user off the site? @Worgen, that's fucking low of you.

Just because of that, I'm going to spend the entire time you guys ponify the Escapist spamming Payday memes. Hope you guys like hearing "Look at this! I'm RICH!" and "Don't act dumb!" on 24/7 repeat.

American Tanker:
Wanting to run another user off the site? @Worgen, that's fucking low of you.

Just because of that, I'm going to spend the entire time you guys ponify the Escapist spamming Payday memes. Hope you guys like hearing "Look at this! I'm RICH!" and "Don't act dumb!" on 24/7 repeat.

If you're enough of a snowflake that seeing a few multi colored miniature equines would make you have to run off then you might not be tough enuff for the internets.

Is Payday a meme? They were pretty good games but haven't really heard much from them in awhile.

Payday has memes within it, not actually really a meme in itself.

So get ready to have a thermal drill shoved up your ass by a random Cloaker from out of fucking nowhere.

American Tanker:
Payday has memes within it, not actually really a meme in itself.

So get ready to have a thermal drill shoved up your ass by a random Cloaker from out of fucking nowhere.

How does that make sense? The thermal drill is a giant thing that it takes multiple bags to setup in one spot. No one moves it when its up and cloakers don't use them. Think before you meme.

American Tanker:
snip

Worgen:
snip

For fucks sake, enough you two. I am going to turn this car around if you don't knock it off.

I don't wish to smack more people in the mouth with the Banhammer but I am willing to if you two keep bickering.

tippy2k2:

American Tanker:
snip

Worgen:
snip

For fucks sake, enough you two. I am going to turn this car around if you don't knock it off.

I don't wish to smack more people in the mouth with the Banhammer but I am willing to if you two keep bickering.

Sorry Tippy. I'll go ahead and stop.

Rarity

Rarity
Take this quiz

Cool. (Is this a good or bad thing?)
I only watched a few episodes before deciding the whole pony thing isn't for me. That said, Rarity does bring some class to those beasts of burden.

Caramel Frappe:

Ukomba:
Quiz needs more Luna.

Rainbow Dash

No worries. Haters gonna hate. ;) Thanks for this one.

Rip Van Rabbit:
Rarity

Rarity
Take this quiz

Cool. (Is this a good or bad thing?)
I only watched a few episodes before deciding the whole pony thing isn't for me. That said, Rarity does bring some class to those beasts of burden.

Well on the one hand she's a high-class fashionista. On the other, she can be something of a drama queen (Think: Falling onto her Fainting Couch with her hoof tossed over her forehead in a "Woe is Me!" pose while bawling about what has caused her such woe. Possibly with ice cream.)

Dalisclock:

*Munches Popcorn*

Yeah, I don't get what it is about colorful cartoon horses that has so consistently raised the hackles of the users on this website over the years.

shrekfan246:

Dalisclock:

*Munches Popcorn*

Yeah, I don't get what it is about colorful cartoon horses that has so consistently raised the hackles of the users on this website over the years.

Could be people still annoyed from the days when it got so popular that EVERY FAN was SHOVING it down EVERYONE ELSE'S throat CONSTANTLY and trying to FORCE them to not just like but LOVE it or WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THEM and then shoving it into EVERY other thing that there possibly was, linking them together until there was NO GODDAM ESCAPE FROM THE BLOODY THING, which led to immense pushback as those who weren't fans got SO IMMENSELY ANNOYED at the fanbase that they just turned their ambivalance or dislike into absolute hatred for the media that created such incredibly annoying people.

Or you know... something like that.

Chessrook44:

shrekfan246:

Dalisclock:

*Munches Popcorn*

Could be people still annoyed from the days when it got so popular that EVERY FAN was SHOVING it down EVERYONE ELSE'S throat CONSTANTLY and trying to FORCE them to not just like but LOVE it or WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THEM and then shoving it into EVERY other thing that there possibly was, linking them together until there was NO GODDAM ESCAPE FROM THE BLOODY THING, which led to immense pushback as those who weren't fans got SO IMMENSELY ANNOYED at the fanbase that they just turned their ambivalance or dislike into absolute hatred for the media that created such incredibly annoying people.

I was friends with multiple very hardcore fans of the show back when it first stormed through this website, and that never happened to me.

And wow, that's still a hugely disproportionate overreaction anyway, especially to hold on to for literal years.

Chessrook44:

shrekfan246:

Dalisclock:

*Munches Popcorn*

Hate to break it to ya, but anything that gets insanely popular is going to have those kinds of fans, and it's unfortunate because it ruins the actual show / movie / source for most people. Just look at Marvel and their latest success of movies- I had a die hard fan at my college having a storm because someone wasn't a fan of the Civil War movie (Captain America vs Iron Man) and was very vocal about it. Trust me, MLP fans aren't all culprits, and they won't be the last in trying to get people to love something. Despite I absolutely love Dark Souls with a passion, i'm not that kind of guy to give someone a really hard time because they gave up on the game; resulting in name calling & shaming. I'm not saying MLP fans weren't like how you described, but I just want to point out so many communities and fandoms have also done similar things if not worse.

Which again is sad, because people should be allowed to like or dislike whatever they please, and the fans should be respectful of that.

Caramel Frappe:

Chessrook44:

shrekfan246:

Hate to break it to ya, but anything that gets insanely popular is going to have those kinds of fans, and it's unfortunate because it ruins the actual show / movie / source for most people. Just look at Marvel and their latest success of movies- I had a die hard fan at my college having a storm because someone wasn't a fan of the Civil War movie (Captain America vs Iron Man) and was very vocal about it. Trust me, MLP fans aren't all culprits, and they won't be the last in trying to get people to love something. Despite I absolutely love Dark Souls with a passion, i'm not that kind of guy to give someone a really hard time because they gave up on the game; resulting in name calling & shaming. I'm not saying MLP fans weren't like how you described, but I just want to point out so many communities and fandoms have also done similar things if not worse.

Which again is sad, because people should be allowed to like or dislike whatever they please, and the fans should be respectful of that.

Oh no, believe me, I know for a fact that fandoms aren't all like that, even the worst of it. Hell I was part of the Homestuck fandom and am aware of how bad it could get, and I remember how bad Undertale got (The pushiness of a friend mixed with their vagueness made me decide to NOT get that game and just watch a LP of it by Jacksepticeye... which worked for the better in my opinion). I'm only saying that this could have led to why some people could have gained a grudge that lasted this long.

Applejack

Applejack
Take this quiz

Yey! This looks great next to my Father Cascoigne badge! :3

PS: One of the answers in Question 5 was pretty meta...

Smithnikov:
Nothing stupid about it.

And it wasn't from Tumblr.

I desperately need to know how MLP is related to right wing politics. I've never watched an episode of it so maybe I missed something.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

I desperately need to know how MLP is related to right wing politics. I've never watched an episode of it so maybe I missed something.

I'll have to root about for it, it's been a couple of months, but basically, MLP promotes nationalism, is pro traditional marriage and religion, anti-immigration, and is anti LGBT.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

Smithnikov:
Nothing stupid about it.

And it wasn't from Tumblr.

Don't listen to him. He was talking to some right wing brony (which still sounds like a joke) and decided that was how things were. I don't think hes actually watched the show, he just decided it was right wing because of what someone on twitter said.

Essentually his points are it promotes nationalism for reasons that make no sense, it promotes traditional marriage since it doesn't have two female characters make out, anti-immigration because the changelings were trying to devour love and the ponies fought against them, and is anti-lgbt because of the pro traditional marriage thing. I don't even remember what he said about religion before or if that was one of his points then.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here