Zero Punctuation: Mario + Rabbids

Mario + Rabbids

Yahtzee reviews Mario + Rabbids.

Watch Video

FIRST!

Also, I feel he ragged on a bit much on the context around the game (Ubisoft and Microsoft partnership) and less on the game itself

Merchandising, merchandising! That's where the real money in video games is made!
Mario, the T-shirt!
Mario, the lunchbox!
Mario, the coloring book!
Mario, the Breakfast cereal!
Mario, the flamethrower! The kids love that thing.
And finally, Mario, the doll. [squeezes] "Mama Mia!"

Now I really want to see a Manhunt and Awesome Possum crossover...Maybe even Condemned and Fatty Bear...

The thing that departs it from Xcom is the mobility system, you can trip your enemies, jump in your squad mates to land on a high place or enemy and get in cover, before or after shooting someone.

As to when Mario will meet the assassins, they would need to redesign one of them, so it could be either assassins in a chibi style or Mario in the style of that fan-made manga featuring dr. mario and bowser.

Why haven't Mario and RAYMAN crossed at all? Of all the Ubisoft IPs, why not the platformer for a platforming crash up?

This games very existence baffles me.

Adding Pyramid head would pretty much be the only way to make a simcity game appealing to me.

Wait...this content isn't recycled from 2013. What's going on??

debossman21:
FIRST!

Also, I feel he ragged on a bit much on the context around the game (Ubisoft and Microsoft partnership) and less on the game itself

He does that sometimes. Did the same with GTA V.

I kinda wish this game was worse than it was, because it's only gonna make Ubisoft think "oh wow! people LOVE rabbids!"

Why they picked Rabbids over Rayman Ill never know. Maybe because Rayman is the superior platformer?

Silentpony:
Now I really want to see a Manhunt and Awesome Possum crossover...Maybe even Condemned and Fatty Bear...

...Maybe you were intentionally alluding to this but uh...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naughty_Bear

Darth_Payn:
Merchandising, merchandising! That's where the real money in video games is made!
Mario, the T-shirt!
Mario, the lunchbox!

Don't forget the Mario Cheese Whiz!

Darth_Payn:
Mario, the T-shirt!
Mario, the lunchbox!

The schwartz is strong in this one.

Igor-Rowan:
The thing that departs it from Xcom is the mobility system, you can trip your enemies, jump in your squad mates to land on a high place or enemy and get in cover, before or after shooting someone.

As to when Mario will meet the assassins, they would need to redesign one of them, so it could be either assassins in a chibi style or Mario in the style of that fan-made manga featuring dr. mario and bowser.

I've gotta say, I think a short stubby assassin who moves and jumps like Mario would be pretty fun to play as. Also, putting Mario's goofy, saccharine spin on the franchise could be kind of funny.

To echo some of the sentimente here, a Mario/Rayman cross-over would've made much more sense. They're both the leads of their franchises and respective mascots of their companies, on top of having more or less the same can-do personalities. Shoving in Rabbids is like making a Rayman/Goomba cross-over.

And yet, a really fun game despite the rather pointless cross-over-ness.

I noticed he didn't actually talk about the gameplay much, just harped on about the weird cross-over thing. The gameplay is very good indeed.

...I would buy that city-management game starring Crash Bandicoot and Pyramid Head in a heartbeat.

Anggul:

I noticed he didn't actually talk about the gameplay much, just harped on about the weird cross-over thing. The gameplay is very good indeed.

Maybe cause there isn't much to say. I got a baby's first Xcom impression.

Minor point, but Rabbids is now a rather good animated series. My kids recognised them before they recognised Mario. Ahh how times change!

Grey_Area:
Minor point, but Rabbids is now a rather good animated series. My kids recognised them before they recognised Mario. Ahh how times change!

Condolences my good fellow.

Everytime I see videos of Destiny I cannot help but think that they flushed away what could have been a great sci-fi action shooter or action-rpg that could have given Mass Effect a run for it's money by making it an MMO. Such a waste.

Johnny Novgorod:

Anggul:

Maybe cause there isn't much to say. I got a baby's first Xcom impression.

As someone who's played A LOT of Xcom this is kind of true. The movement changes are huge, you need to make sure you move people in the right order so the right person can jump etc... It certainly has a lot more depth to it than on the surface, not to mention the overwatch function/weapon specials are different.

Hey, Yahtzee! Did you say you want big-headed, cutesy-looking assassins? Here they are!:
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed-rebellion/?ref=search

I think Nintendo got the Rabbids because FF15 already had a licensing deal worth Ubisoft for a bit of free Assassins creed dlc.

Have you been curious about acquiring Android App Store ratings & reviews? If that is so, you're on exact page. We are able to deliver you original Android App Store ratings and reviews in bulk.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here