Zero Punctuation: Okami HD

Pages PREV 1 2

Worgen:
How about now?

Are you trying to give me cancer?

I originally played this game on its Wii port, the celestial brush techniques were MUCH easier to do with the motion control, or at least faster than analogue sticks. I think this game would work better on the Switch, since they could revive the motion controls for the celestial brush...or maybe it's perfect base would have been the WiiU, since you could use the screen controller to actually DRAW the things you needed with the stylus...oh yeah, they made a DS game called Okamiden...I bet it has the easiest to use celestial brush techniques in the franchise...gotta go to gamestop!

angel85:
I originally played this game on its Wii port, the celestial brush techniques were MUCH easier to do with the motion control, or at least faster than analogue sticks.

Except for the "Conjure a lightning bolt anywhere" power. I remember spending like 30 minutes trying to make the fucking game recognize a goddamn Lightning Bolt Zigzag.

I tried to play this on PS3, but it gave me wicked bad motion sickness. That feature probably has been retained.

It's a disgrace, this lack of inclusiveness that is victimizing people like me. I'm just going to hazard a guess it's harder to get past the nausea, dizziness and cold sweat than indignation about "aggressive navels" and whatnot, yet where's muh angry campaign screaming about The Industry?

I guess I'm gonna have to start it. HEY GAMES INDUSTRY! THERE SHOULD BE NO GAMES IN 3D (except those that don't bother me for some reason)! The people who like those are a pervert menace! Srsly, it's not 2017 anymore. (By which I mean the number of my Steam Achievements. Is there supposed to be some other relevant number?)

#GamesVsMe #BanThisSickeningFilth

Kinda surprised no one mentioned Jarate so far.

"Time to start on the embodiment of evil next door" lol

Ok, why has the Escapist made all the Zero Punctuation videos start muted? Or is this a horrible site update that bugged out and borked the player?

I turned of the volume for dialogue as soon as the game let me.

Let's see, Postal 2 obviously comes to mind. Then there's that South Park game that was on the N64 and PS1 where you could piss on snowballs and throw them which is sort of like widdling on people. Could you piss on enemies in Conker's Bad Fur Day? That seems like the type of game where you could piss on enemies.

Jorpho:

CollieDog:
I first played this game on the Wii, and the brush controls worked really well with the wii-mote; It drastically sped up the pace of battles.

Gee, I remember many of the reviews bitterly complaining that the Wiimote was too jumpy and imprecise.

If so, I can only imagine that they didn't play both versions.
Sure, sometimes the game misinterpreted your drawing.
But in the Wii version, in the span of 1.5 seconds, you could pause, draw a circle with a line in it, unpause, and if that didn't create the bomb as expected, you could repeat that scenario again in another 1.5 seconds (a grand total of 3 seconds). Meanwhile, with an analog stick, doing the action just once takes around 15 seconds. The Wii version had fast combat, and, like Metroid Prime and Splatoon, was a rare example of motion controls being superior to analog.

Thinkpad4:
Ok, why has the Escapist made all the Zero Punctuation videos start muted? Or is this a horrible site update that bugged out and borked the player?

It's been happening with old Moviebob and Jim Sterling videos, too. So, yeah, site bug because there's no tech team.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here