Zero Punctuation: Fortnite and Dusk

Fortnite and Dusk

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Fortnite and Dusk.

Watch Video

I remember back when first post on a ZP meant something, lots of people would get banning posting before they could have watched the vid. So I watched the vid wondering if I'd find something to comment on and snag the once prized spot. Sure, the review was fine, but didn't look like anything to get me my first comment until the visual pun at the very end.

I did not see that one coming. Didn't "lol", actually laughed out loud for reals at that. Been watching old ZPs, and I don't think he's done anything that off the wall and funny for awhile, especially in the visual puns at the end.

Jaysis fokkin' chroyst that 9/11 joke in the credits. Savage.

Anyway yeah fuck Early Access, it's ruining games.

Eh. They did that Robert Pattinson romdrama that ended with 9/11. After jumping that shark, no 9/11 joke can ever be shocking anymore.

Fortnites small maps make it good for burst gameplay, you get in the action more and if you don't get a gun you can die and move onto the next one pronto. The building system allows a healthy amount of flexibility from the stupid and boring the the ingenious and insane. I definitely feel like it could be a very enjoyable game down the line, as much as people love PUBG I feel I can dick about and enjoy the madness of a Battle Royale more in Fortnite.

I won't touch a game if it's in Early Access as a rule. Neither of these sound particularly appealing to me. The problem with apeing early 3D is that early 3D looks like ass. It looked like ass at the time, but it was innovative at the time so we were all blown away by it. Pixel graphics on the other hand tend to age better unless you're a graphics snob who isn't satisfied unless there's full 3D models with 10 trillion HD polygons or whatever.

Oh.... no.... It has finally happened.... Yahtzee has gone Full Sonic Fan....

I almost want to try Dusk.
Fortnite on the other hand feels like it's trying to copy everything that can be successful
Craft like Minecraft
Be cartoony like Overwatch Team Fortress 2
Now copy Battle Royale WCW's World War 3
If they keep this up the final game Fortnite will copy will be Doki Doki Literature Club.
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite

Damn I thought I'd only have this one joke.

Next time on The Escapist
There Is No Justice Here takes on a whole new meaning
Same Yahtzee Time!
Same Yahtzee Website!

Jacked Assassin:

Fortnite on the other hand feels like it's trying to copy everything that can be successful
Craft like Minecraft
If they keep this up the final game Fortnite will copy will be Doki Doki Literature Club.
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite

Damn I thought I'd only have this one joke.

Next time on The Escapist
There Is No Justice Here takes on a whole new meaning
Same Yatzee Time!
Same Yatzee Website!

What's wrong with Sonic fans?

I know something else Yahtzee can review next week-COD WW2

darkrage6:

Is that like a joke? 'cause the short answer is alot.

darkrage6:

I know something else Yahtzee can review next week-COD WW2

My Sonic Fan remark wasn't simply aimed at Sonic Fans. It was also aimed at Yahtzee's remarks towards Sonic Fans in the past. And how he ends this video smelling his dog's farts.

There is nothing more to be said about Spunkgargleweewe is the impression I get to why Yahtzee hasn't reviewed another CoD yet.

I 'member when early versions of games still under development were free, and were called "demos".

Canadamus Prime:
I won't touch a game if it's in Early Access as a rule. Neither of these sound particularly appealing to me. The problem with apeing early 3D is that early 3D looks like ass. It looked like ass at the time, but it was innovative at the time so we were all blown away by it. Pixel graphics on the other hand tend to age better unless you're a graphics snob who isn't satisfied unless there's full 3D models with 10 trillion HD polygons or whatever.

Yup, they looked like colored blocks stacked on top of each other, but they looked new at the time because pixelated sprites were the norm and they were a step towards "realistic" looking graphics. Jaysus, I'm old.

RLM reference? OOOOOHHH MMMYYYY GOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!

SirSullymore:

It's actually kind of refreshing to know that Yahtzee actually has a review channel he also fanboys over. Red Letter Media is a great choice btw. I would love to see Yahtzee hang out and play a game with Jack and Rich one day.

I don't get why the hell these "old-school shooters" feel like they need to make the game with as much boring-ass sameyness as possible. Yes, that's a nice shotgun. No, I don't want to fire it five billion times because you won't give me anything else. kthxbai.

And 90's shooters had some pretty impressive arsenals too... FFS.

Silentpony:

darkrage6:

Is that like a joke? 'cause the short answer is alot.

^

Cid Silverwing:

Ayyy haven't seen you in a while! :D

Cid Silverwing:

There are a few(a very few) games where Early access felt like it was worth it, but yeah, I'm really to the point now where "Early Access" just prompts me to respond"Great, call me when it's done".

I'll wishlist it on steam or gog and wait for the release and see what people say about whatever game then.

Darth_Payn:
I 'member when early versions of games still under development were free, and were called "demos".

Yep me too. Ah the bygone days.

Canadamus Prime:

Yup, they looked like colored blocks stacked on top of each other, but they looked new at the time because pixelated sprites were the norm and they were a step towards "realistic" looking graphics. Jaysus, I'm old.

Join the club.

Never thought I'd be reminded of Deathtrap Dungeon again.

Although I still have a mousepad tucked away in a drawer, even though I never owned the game.

Heb, I remember Redneck Rampage. It was pretty fun, though the manual certainty helped with that.

Also, if the "What else should I play?" wasn't retorical: Doki Doki Literature club apparently can be summed up as "What if Undertale was set in Silent Hill?" Whether or not Yahtzee feels it's fit to lick the above's boots, there ought to be an amusing reaction of it to give.

SirSullymore:

It BROOOKEE NEEEWWW GROOOOUNNDD!

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1429/1429693.jpg

Here's hoping he does Subnautica now that it's had its full release (even if the launch party was a disaster).

First time ever that Yahtzee gives a star rating in a video and it's to a dog's ass.
Good ol' Yahtzee. Don't ever change.

RJ Dalton:
First time ever that Yahtzee gives a star rating in a video and it's to a dog's ass.

Nah

I CLAPPED!
I CLAPPED WHEN I HEARD IT!

Are RLM references replacing the boring faced man?

Gotta disagree a bit with here with "randomly generated levels make storytelling impossible" - it just depends how it's done. XCOM 2 is proof that you can use randomly generated levels and still tell a regular, linear story.

Also, I wouldn't really consider Dusk a regular early access game but just an episodic game which is considered "unfinished" because not all episodes are released yet. Doesn't make me want to buy it any sooner than other episodic games.

Squilookle:

SirSullymore:

It BROOOKEE NEEEWWW GROOOOUNNDD!

YAHTZEE IS A HACK FRAAAAUUUUD

Jacked Assassin:

Craft like Minecraft

Heh, well, it is a mod (essentially) of a game that borrows from Orcs Must Die, Diablo, Team Fortress, and Minecraft (and some kind of management sim on the end).

Battle Royale actually seems like it borrows less, since its ridiculously gutted from the PvE experience (No classes, no gadgets, garbage generic guns, no melee, much fewer traps, no progression system, no base management sim thing).

Paradigm
+ Australian (You can personally visit the house of the dev and either shower him with praise or spiky things)
+ Adventure game riffing on the old Lucasarts stuff; everyone knows you have a thing for these things
+ Actually interesting and diversely discombobulating art design
+ Cheap
- Short and Easy by Adventure Game standards
-+ Dev loves Seinfeld

4 days until the end of January and still no Fuck You, It's January!

Paid Early Access is just pre-ordering for stupid people.

Hello everyone and welcome! In today's video, I will show you how to get unlimited amount of Free V Bucks in Fortnite. All you have to do, is use the Fortnite Hack that was updated in 2018 and follow all the steps in the video.

What's amazing about this particular v bucks hack, is that it works on all platforms, including Ps4, Xbox One, pc, and iOS. As you see here, I am currently playing Fornite Battle Royale on my ipad and this is what makes this Fortnite Hack unique. By using this tool, you will be able to get advantage of your opponents by not having to buy v bucks and getting a lot more than they could ever get.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOxpZj6fs8g&t=39s

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here