Doomsday Arcade: Episode Seven

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Episode Seven

Lund and Shanks witness the nuclear apocalypse and cross a barren wasteland, where they meet a mysterious Vault Dweller.

Watch Video

Ah yes....

Really...

What????

I must say I haven't been too interested in this show but this episode has completely won me over. I didn't really get the Fallout Wastelander saying "HA!" all the time but the VATS part was hilarious. And the ending was insanely hilarious.

LOL BEST VID YET loved the V.A.T.S. bit and ending

What did you expect? I'm mysterious.

Well done! I liked the finding of the Sargent!
"Augh!" *Punchtotheface*

Also, V.A.T.S. was hilarious.

Good times.

This is probably my favourite series on the Escapist now. I like how you do a mix of old and recent games and you do a different game each episode to keep it fresh.

Loved this and especially the gun scene near the end. Brilliant!

Nice ending guys.

Wooo! The Mysterious Stranger!
Nice one guys!

I am not sure I get the joke about Shanks dream. Somebody help me here?

Complete mind fuck woooo!

Great job like always. Special kudos to the Vault Dweller actor, he's good!

It's a part from a quest in Fallout3 when you have to go into a VR machine and find this scientist who has totally lost it and pretends to be a little girl in a Pleasantville-like reality. Shanks take on it is awesome because it is pretty weird when you look back on it.

Jang:
I am not sure I get the joke about Shanks dream. Somebody help me here?

It's referencing a section of Fallout 3.

That was the best show yet. Loved the random finding of Jackson, and the Tranquility Lane was great, although the girls hand were quite weirdly positioned.

Not the best one I've seen: I felt that the dialogue sequence was a bit overlong, but the traditional staples of excellent camerawork, effects and enjoyably poor puns continued to be as good as ever.
I also liked the new addition to the armory in the form of the magnum ;p

i think that this is quickly becoming the best show on the escapist

Spot-on!

When the nuke bit happened I thought it was going to be a Call of Duty 4 episode. I've never played any of the Fallout games let alone Fallout 3 so I didn't get most of the jokes in this one.

I've played a little bit of Oblivion though so I liked the dialogue scene; it really shows how strange and unrealistic it is.

That was AWESOME

Ace episode, Loved the over the top V.A.T.S scene and tranquility lane. Nice one guys.
I agree with Falien the vault Dweller played his part very well.

(edit) After another watch Kudos to the Crysis joke aswell

Not the best so far, but the bit at the end was classic!

Brilliant, may even top the last episode in terms of pure quality. Excellent, pure genius. Even though I haven't played Fallout 3 I'm lucky enough to have scraped together enough knowledge on it to get all the jokes, but the Crysis bit was best.

EDIT: Just noticed the reflection of the nuke in Shank's glasses. Nice.

Whos Sargent Jackson?

BAT was a good episode lol. dig the nuke explosion good way to advance a plot.

epic again as always. the Crysis and Tranquility Lane bits had me laughing to no end.

Pandalisk:
Whos Sargent Jackson?

One of the player characters in Call of Duty 4. This is the part of the game they were parodying at the start of this episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dCa5UbnSXc
(For those who've not played the game, yes you control him during that sequence)

Very nicely done by the way, this almost seems to be getting better with each episode.

Pandalisk:
Whos Sargent Jackson?

He's the guy you play as in the american missions in CoD4. He gets nuked.

I really don't get the ending when they're shot and wake up in the gray room, what game is this from?

Even though I've never played any Fallout I thought this episode was still darn funny,

I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA!

That bit literally had me in tears. Excellent work.

KeiraZodiac:
I really don't get the ending when they're shot and wake up in the gray room, what game is this from?

Even though I've never played any Fallout I thought this episode was still darn funny,

It's sequence in Fallout 3 where you have to enter a VR simulation(Shanks' simulation with the "little girl" is actually a direct parallel).

well done, this may have been the best one yet.

Wow, I think this is the best episode yet.

Well since I've never played COD4, Fallout, Oblivion, or Crysis, I didn't get it much, but I liked the bobblehead bit.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here