The Escapist Presents: March Mayhem: Final Showdown Coverage

Pages 1 2 NEXT

March Mayhem: Final Showdown Coverage

The Escapist Magazine News continues coverage of the March Mayhem: Developers Showdown 2009 with the Final Showdown between your top 2 picks!

Watch Video

...ha?

Hmmmm...
Go Bioware!

It's the final countdown!
*cue music*
Ba da da da... Ba da da da...

I hate fanboys.

Glad we can make jokes about the fanboy revolt this soon. XD
BIOWARE FTW!

SomeBritishDude:
...ha?

Yeah, basicly that.

Fanboys are funny to watch. However, I thought they would've arrived with machine guns and rocket launchers.

Random argument man:
Fanboys are funny to watch. However, I thought they would've arrived with machine guns and rocket launchers.

I know for an angry mob of fanboys I'm shocked they haven't turned on each other. They were quite the orderly mob weren't they?

I hate fanboys to,which is why,I dont care who wins,because this contest seems to have envoked the worst in people,what with apparently everyone who lost trying to stomp out Turbine,which they are angry at because they did'nt know of its existence prior to.Which is why,I hope everyone who voted gets laid so that they can chill,and hopefully invite me to a cementary to get my necrophilliac on!

Tenmar:

Random argument man:

I know for an angry mob of fanboys I'm shocked they haven't turned on each other. They were quite the orderly mob weren't they?

Maybe they did a temporary alliance, since Turbine and Bioware took their company out of the race.

Man, we should do a game based on this event. For all consoles,
Fan Wars
thy shall kill the franchise.

EDIT: Aww, it didn't come out as I wanted.

Things are looking great at the HQ. Nice work, guys.

Who copied our "attacking the headquaters" plan?

Anybody else wondering why Allison is actually Jessica Cannon from Sin Episode 1: Emergence?

The fanboy raid was really only a matter of time.

Jeff Palumbo:
Sorry Folks; it appears all the angry fanboys from the losing developers have started a riot outside the EMM studio. We're gonna have to cut this a little bit short.

I laughed raucously.

Developer Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Fanboys

Random argument man:

Well I think the joke is that fanboys have no real power so they wouldn't have any weapons. Just massive numbers.

Though I doubt they thought of that when they made the video.

I'm surprised at how many Turbine fanboys there are. i didnt think DND online and LOTRO were that popular.

notoriouslynx:

SomeBritishDude:
...ha?

Yeah, basicly that.

I'm gunna go with "...sigh"

palmcrusher:
im sorry but there is no way that turbine should be up there. they havent made any good games and called in their few fanboys that they had.

Few, fanboys really? Wasn't Turbine the one who beat Rockstar with like 3000 votes. No offense to Turbine fans who are not fanboys. You are all a respected group, just like all the other non fanboys. Just trying to make a point.

Chris B Chikin:

Jeff Palumbo:
Sorry Folks; it appears all the angry fanboys from the losing developers have started a riot outside the EMM studio. We're gonna have to cut this a little bit short.

I laughed raucously.

Developer Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Fanboys

March Mayhem: 2010 Predictions!

At last, Valve will reveal themselves to the Turbine. At last, Valve will have revenge... -- next year's prediction, the Fanblade Menace.

Your clone fan boys are very impressive. You must be very proud. -- an Army arises, Attack of the Valve.

Bioware and the Escapist don't trust me. Something's happening. I'm not the fanboy I should be. I want more. And I know I shouldn't. -- a moment of self-doubt before anhilation is imminent, Revenge of the Fan.

Help us RPG Biowar-e, you're our only hope! -- a plea, A New Vote.

That's not true... That's impossible! Nooooaarargght!!!! -- the revelation, The Flamers Strike Back.

You've failed, your highness. Bioware is the #1 Developer, like Turbine before them. -- the Chosen One brings balance to the Fan Boys, Return of the FPS RPG.

yeah, both my hopefuls were defeated, but still...Go Bioware !

Poor Russ...he always finds himself in the most unenviable of circumstances...

Apologies Abound

meh, this was dumb. try again. also why couldnt you get people to be in the video? had to use digital ? that was creepy and weird.

Oh god the blizzard fanboys have arrived everyone hit the deck

I wouldn't exactly call that a 'riot', more a 'large group of people walking around a corner'.

For starters, nothing was on fire, there was no yelling, and there wasn't anyone fighting.

It'd have been better to use the Dead Rising opening, frankly.

that video pissed me off. they said nothing about the final showdown which kinda defeats the purpose.

SomeBritishDude:
...ha?

Yeah pretty much that.

I was mislead. I heard it wrong and thought we were getting something special about Pony Jam halfway through... ^^

Slim Reaper10:
that video pissed me off. they said nothing about the final showdown which kinda defeats the purpose.

That too, I suppose. :P

palmcrusher:
im sorry but there is no way that turbine should be up there. they havent made any good games and called in their few fanboys that they had.

OH GOD HOW IS THIS POST IN THIS THREAD

eh?

Gah! What is wrong with you guys!?
Fanboys are like /b/ and Fight Club. You do not talk about them

You'll have to suspend yourselves now. Go on. You know it's only fair. The king is not above the laws he decrees, or whatever.

Hey you stole my idea! not happy now with you

That was rather...pointless.

And besides, why is it that when everyone decides to vote for Bioware, it's automatically because Turbine beat the others? Could it be that people who like games by Valve would also happen to prefer Mass Effect to Lord of the Rings Online? I think it could be.

Meh, I was rooting for Relic. :-(

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or