Zero Punctuation: Agony

Agony

This week, Yahtzee reviews Agony.

Watch Video

Video at 5 am? Is this an accident or something that we should expect from now on?

Damn shame. I love hell imagery and this game looked right up my alley. But I haven't sent anyone say the gameplay is any good.

Also loved that little dig at 'Games Journalists'

Someone at Gamestop tried to sell me this game, so I checked out some gameplay online and it looked very boring and repetitive, graphics aren't bad for an indie title, but like Yahtzee said they quickly get very samey.

So the monsters kill you, no matter what, and you have no way to fight them off? That's terrible design!
And possessing monsters brings back to mind that mechanic from the Oddworld games, where Abe can possess enemies and other creatures to fight each other.

"Let's all stroke our chins about misogyny and then give excessive coverage to an indie game made by someone I know."

Damn, Yahtzee is throwing a bit of shade at the current state of some game journalists these days.

Blazing Hero:
"Let's all stroke our chins about misogyny and then give excessive coverage to an indie game made by someone I know."

Damn, Yahtzee is throwing a bit of shade at the current state of some game journalists these days.

More like he threw shade at it the state of it couple of years ago. That seriously came off as the original gripes as GG when it was just starting out, and I have to say it felt horribly dated.

Seriously, when was the last time anyone saw a gaming journalist do either of those things?

"For the record" ... "album cover"
"Insert" ... "menstruation joke"

Really, the puns and double entendres go all the way to the very end. How Sophie 'sticated.

I get the impression that the developers have some issues that they need to work out.

erttheking:

Blazing Hero:

More like he threw shade at it the state of it couple of years ago. That seriously came off as the original gripes as GG when it was just starting out, and I have to say it felt horribly dated.

Seriously, when was the last time anyone saw a gaming journalist do either of those things?

Given how the topic was recently reignited around here it almost feels topical.

Huh. Ok then.

If only this game could be sent back in time 10-15 years, would be interesting to see the commotion.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here